Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

2 posters

Geist: The Sin Eaters

Banather
    Banather
    Red Panda
    Red Panda

Done Geist: The Sin Eaters

Post by Banather Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:06 am

First topic message reminder :

It's a story that begins with death - with your death.
    Why did the Reaper reach out for you before your time? Why was it that you fell between the cracks?
    Do you remember the flare of the gun or the sharpness of the knife?
    Do you remember the gnawing emptiness or the choking thickness of disease?
    Did you fall across the Threshold alone in the wild, or in the heart of the city?

The story begins there - with the moment of death, and with the Bargain that reversed it.
    With the cold hand that brought you back to the living world, with the dry whispers that still haunt you, with the presence that has nestled in your soul.

You've returned to a world where the living cannot see the shades that surround them. Every night is the carnivale, because every night you walk with ghosts.

Death is a door. Your the one with the key.

In Geist, you were an ordinary human, who happened to be placed in the most extraordinary set of circumstances imaginable. You have died, or had a near death experience, and been pulled back from the brink by a Geist. These are powerful spirits, and all they ask in return is to use you as a host vessel, so that they might experience a twisted form of life once again. Another side effect, beyond simply living, is access to otherworldly powers. You have become a Sin Eater.

Things to choose:
    Threshold: How did you die? There are five thresholds, each being a broad description of your death. They also determine the nature of your powers. They are as follows:
    The Torn: Death by Violence, Passion and Stigmata (Blood) powers
    The Silent: Death by Deprivation, Stillness (Stealth and Silence) and Wind
    The Prey: Death by Nature, Primeval and Earth
    The Stricken: Death by Illness, Phantasm (Illusion), and Water
    The Forgotten: Death by Chance, Industrial (Machines and technology) and Fire.

Here are some universal abilities all Sin Eaters share. You can see ghosts, and must actively concentrate to not see them. You can also speak to and understand ghosts, regardless of what language they spoke in life. You heal from injuries unnaturally fast. And finally, you have a sixth sense, with which you can sense the presence or recent presence of the dead.

Post up your bios if you want to join, and feel free to jump in at any time.

Last edited by Banather on Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Done Re: Geist: The Sin Eaters

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:21 pm

"Still, we're dead," Cissy said loftily to the boy standing in his doorway. "You can't expect us to just accept that and get on with our lives just like that. Takes a bit of getting used to, doesn't it? Anyways, it's rude to evesdrop." She took Anaya's hand gently and pulled her along the hallway. The boy had been incredibly rude before, so she'd be rude back. "It does take getting used to," she said to Anaya. "I'm still not used to it...I've only been dead a few days."
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:26 pm

"Yeah," she agreed with Cissy.

"I was dead...I believe only four hours ago...I dunno' that I can accept this so quickly..." she sighed. "Yeah, lets go," I said following the other girl further down the hallway.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:37 pm

"Holler when you see one you like...ain't up to me. I only just got here, same as you." She turned to walk backwards to look at Anaya. "Well...maybe you could dress up and go to your own funeral. That could be...fun...?" Cissy did tend to have a warped sense of humor sometimes.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:47 pm

"Sure," she said looking through the rooms until one caught her eye. Its walls were very bright purple offset with deep green stripes. She liked this one. It didn't make her think of the faded whites and blues of the hospitals... "That would be funny, if I wasn't positive I'd be buried at Potter's Field..." she replied with a very subdued, but very real tinge of bitterness in her voice. "I haven't seen my parents since I was four..." she admitted with a less subdued bitterness in her voice now.

"I like this room," she smiled and the traces of anger seemed to vanish to another world for now.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:14 pm

"I see..." Cissy looked down as the sickly girl told her she hadn't seen her parents in years. She felt bad for her, growing up in a cold hospital without a family. How awful that must have been! "It's a nice room," Cissy said, stepping in with her. "Where's Potter's Field? It sounds nice..."
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:21 pm

"Potters Field is...never mind. It doesn't matter," she said not quite wanting to admit that that's where they bury the bodies of John Does, the poor, and those who remain unclaimed for long enough...The last person she vaguely considered a friend, she was told was buried there when he fell out of that coma brought on by the bullet-wound in his chest...She never did get his name. He was too out of it to tell her.

"I like it a lot. I like the color," she said smiling and bouncing on the bed.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:29 pm

Cissy frowned at the look on her companion's face. She made a mental note to look up what Potter's Field was when she had the time; she had a feeling she shouldn't press the issue. She smiled a little at seeing Anaya bounce on the bed a little.

"They're nice colors," she agreed. She personally had never been one for stripes, but she was certain after what sounded like a literal lifetime in a hospital anything would be better. "So I guess I'll let you change, then. Then we can talk." She smiled and turned to go back to her room to change.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:36 pm

"Yes, that sounds great. I'll see you later, Cissy," she said smiling as she eased the door shut quietly behind her.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:57 pm

i walked into the house and went looking for the to newest sin eaters "ah...hey about before i wanna say im sorry, i have alot of explaining to do, i know that, but right now please know that you have done nothing wrong and i beg you to bare with me as i get to know you better i hope" i exit the room and go looking for jade knowing she was the only one i could talk to about what i needed to talk about
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:18 pm

She pursed her lips not entirely sure what to make of him any longer...she supposed it was better to render judgement on what a person did rather than what they said and to leave it at that. To be flatly honest, personal interaction was not really her greatest cup of tea...

"I guess, we will see, then," she replied. "Good night," she said trying not to think on it too much. This whole situations till felt...impossible to her. She pulled the jacket off and carefully laid it out on a chair beside a small coffee table in the corner of the room. Disrobing from the uncomfortably wet clothing, she took a quick shower. Feeling the water run down her shoulders made her feel at ease. This wasn't always a luxury in the hospital as she was often too sick to get out of bed, and it was still something she enjoyed.

For a moment she stood under the tap just thinking, trying to fathom what in the world she'd gotten herself into and how. She inhaled slowly as the water dripped down her face. She held her breath and tilted her head upwards to the tap. She closed her eyes a moment as the pipe made a strange gurgling noise and she no longer felt water on her face.

When she opened her eyes she gasped. The water was floating. It had ceased to pour and appeared permanently stuck exactly where it was. When she exhaled the water fell. The shower resumed, and the water poured over her face. Decided that was quite enough of that shower, she stepped out toweling off with a new sense of dread in the back of her throat and pulled on the borrowed clothes. They fit her loose and short. She chuckled at the disparity and resolved to keep her hand on her hips to prevent the pants for falling.

She laid back on her bed tickled and horrified at the very same time.
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:39 pm

I continued to lean against the wall as I finish my coffee. I was not particularly involved in the topic of conversation, as I had quite the different experience than the others. Some had duties to fulfill as Sin Eaters, yet some did not want to live, either as a an ordinary person, or a Sin Eater.

My accident was simple, yet fearful. I am glad I had fallen from that tree, and not my younger sister. She gets to live a life, quite content, just without me. I was the one who fell. But I didn't want to die. I begged the Geist to bring me back. 19 is not the age to have your life suddenly taken away.

I was curious to how my family were coping, but I couldn't go back and see them. For their sake as well as my own. I drain my cup of coffee and set it on a nearby table, crossed my arms, and continued to lean against the wall as the others departed.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:05 pm

i found jade where i had last seen her "jade i need a favour, and only you know about it please can you help ease my mind about my girlfriend and sister aswell please" i begged her because she was the only one i had told the whole truth to about my past
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:11 pm

Ooc: Holy bologna I'm lost!

Bic: I look up as I see Adam approaching. "Oh?" I ask and step away from the wall and towards him.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:22 pm

ooc: sorry if im being confusing at work and making it up as i go

Bic: "yeh its just that they were the only two other then dad that really looked out for me and well angel was my little shadow, i will do anything for you if you could help me out" i say mot sure what else to say or do
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:32 pm

Ooc: Haha okay, as long as I didn't miss any back story

Bic: "Sure, I'll try anything" I say, giving him a concerned look. We were in similar situation, both losing our families in different ways, either by their deaths or our own. But I had only been a Sin Eater for three weeks. Non-the-less, I would help my friends to the best of my abilities. "Come, sit." I say, gesturing to the couch.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:54 pm

"first off i was there not only when you died but when you came back, i couldnt help save you least i die aswell as my efforts be in vein, im sorry for that, my sis and i were going to runaway the day i was paralyzed and left to die by my mum, dad knew my plans and was glad i was going to get her away from mum, what im asking is just if you could get as much info about her and my former girlfriend as possible with out getting in crap, and in return i will do whatever you ask of me , please i need this" i begged her and pleaded and told her the truth in hope that i could just find out a shred of info about my little sister
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:01 pm

"I'll.... I'll see what I can do." I wasn't sure what this task entailed, but I wanted to know about my family. My sister. "I miss them." I say as I lower my head.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:39 pm

"you want me to get you a photo, or some of your stuff, anything at all to help ease the pain" i asked trying to help
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:43 pm

I looked up at his words. "Could you?" I feel hope rise up inside me. "I just want to know that they're alright. Especially my sister." I smile at him, willing to work with him. He understands.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:53 pm

"yeh thats why i asked"i say giving her a smile "seems like we both need our families" i say giving her a hug "im going to get some sleep thank you for the talk i will get on to our deal as soon as possible" i say getting up and walking too my room
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:20 am

I returned the hug and watched him walk away. I relaxed into the couch, hope spreading through my chest as I thought of my family. I just couldn't sleep. As I lay my head on the cushions and tucked my legs underneath me, I thought of my little sister. A small tear fell from my eye and fell onto the cushion. I smiled, and sleep washed over me.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:36 am

i tossed and turned all night, and had the most horrifying dream ever i when i awoke i staggered to logan's room banging on his door "damn it logan i need to talk about the the no show of ghosts and that murder mate NOW" i say leaning against the door and sliding down to sit against it and wait
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:27 am

Akimaru sat cross legged on the floor of his room. He was sitting on a pillow with his eyes closed and his hands resting on his knees. HIs breathing was soft and shallow like that of a sleeper but Akimaru wasn't asleep. He was perfectly aware of the room around him the smells, the sounds, its atmosphere. 'how long have I been like this' he though to himself.

This clear though cut through the other like a knife through flesh. Akimaru opened his eyes and looked around at the darkness that enveloped the room, the only light that was to be seen came from the 5 candles that were placed around him.

He looked around at the dark red wall and at the white pentacle that he had hand painted onto the wall just at the head of his bed. He stood and stepping out of the ring of candles went and turned the light on. When he brought his hand away from the switch the white had turned red. He brought his hands up to eye level and stared at the circle of dried and fresh blood that had covered his hands. The stigmata- the wounds of Christ. He was no deity he had been a Geist just like me, one of the torn.

Binding him hands with the bandages that he kept by his bed Akimaru went and blew out and collected the candles putting them away on a drawer. He turned and climbed into bed, he never slept with the lights off anymore, maybe the geist inside him was a child, he couldnt remember much from that fateful day.

Akimaru drifted off into a deep sleep and his mind churned up memories of a long forgotten past and as they came so he replied and acted as he had in the situations

ooc- cause i didnt make it too clear- hes dreaming about his time in captivity so hes screaming, yelling, crying etc.

aslo- stigmata powers- all i know the stigmata as are teh wounds of christ- how would i utilize them (and passion for that matter) as a power.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:59 am

Cissy turned and plodded down the hall, hearing a mumbled apology at Anaya's door and rolling her eyes. Kicking the door softly shut, she kicked off her shoes and slid in stocking feet into the bathroom. She sighed in relief as she brought her face to meet the water. Mercifully, she'd had access to showers since she'd died and so had bathed that morning, but still she wished to wash away the grime of travle. Her face washed, teeth brush, hair combed, she exited the bathroom and pulled on her PJs.

Cissy fell backwards into the middle of the bed. Her breathing slow, conciously relaxing her muscles, she stared at the ceiling, watching the ceiling fan make slow, lazy circles and concentrating on one blade so hard she was nearly hypnotized. Through the mesmerization she realized vaguely how long since she'd had a proper night's sleep. Her body suddenly became aware of how sore it was, not having slept on a proper bed since before she died. She'd been camped out several days before the bear, and so it had nearly been a week since she'd slept on something this soft...this warm...this inviting...

Her eyes were nearly closed and she was half asleep before she remembered Anaya. It can wait until morning... said a small voice in the back of her mind. Cecilia was inclined to agree with it, but forced her eyes open anyway. She'd said they would talk, so they would talk. Sighing and groaning, she heaved herself into an upright position and padded down the hall to the sickly girl's room.

"You decent?" she called softly through the door so as not to wake the others.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:04 am

Anaya opened her eyes at the noise.

"I am," she replied. "Door's open."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:13 am