Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

+4
Eljordo
Alix Labe
Mercy
Faith Wynters
8 posters

Welcome to War

Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Welcome to War - Page 2 Empty Welcome to War

Post by Faith Wynters Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:12 am

First topic message reminder :

“These are dark times indeed; People stealing from merchants, heretics speaking their words on the streets, and the church being burned to the ground. What are we to do?”

This was heard from a citizen of Dellmill, a kingdom in the northern corner of the world. There is so much to do in the large kingdom, but we have been called here for certain things.

We are to bring order to the kingdom. Making sure there is peace: the only way to keep wars from starting. There are always knights and Dragons, but what happens when we are all called to the castle. A certain group of beings said to be known as peace bringers.

People of Ackmhin. We are not people from a town, no, but people of an organization. We have powers to bring peace to the land.

Of Course, some of us are different species, but most are humans. Humans aren’t perfect. They wish for domination, for peace by taking man’s will, they wish to keep all for themselves. They wish for not peace, but the evils of war.

Some of these people are found from the People of Ackmhin to contain such desire within them. They are called People of Negesyce. These people aren’t to be fooled with. They are just as cunning as the people of Ackmhin, accept they use their powers in different ways. Causing Havoc on the streets and turning the citizens against the People of Ackmhin.

People of Ackmhin continue to do their jobs, to bring peace. Once a Civil war starts in the kindom of Dellmill it is their job to stop it.

Are you a person of Ackmhin? A person of Negesyce? Or are you simply a person caught in the cross fire of war?

Are you up for the challenge of finding out?

Ackmin: Faith, Estaban [Banather] Alix,

Negesyce: Tilman [Eljordo],Ognun [Capri], Daniel [Danny]

Neutral: Arabel [Mercy]

Last edited by Faith Wynters on Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:34 pm; edited 5 times in total
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Welcome to War - Page 2 Empty Re: Welcome to War

Post by Mercy Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:46 pm

I dismounted Maikoda and walked into town through the market area. Young children awed at Maikoda and I stopped, "He loves to be pet on the nose."

The two little boys and their little sister comes up and gently pets Maikoda's nose with nervous giggles.

"Miss," The girl tugs at my dress gently, "Can you spare a coin?"

I go through my sack and hand each child a gold coin and they nod their heads in a thank you. I smile, waving goodbye and walk through the town, and begin setting up shop next to a tent selling fruits. I set down my purple carpet and sit down on it, setting out my different treasures. Maikoda stands behind me as some costumers come up to talk to me about my findings.
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:40 pm

Tilman made his way to the book store when he noticed something peculiar. Estaban was actually following him. While this was odd, it provided the perfect opportunity for a trap. Tilman continued on his way to the book store as if he had never seen him.

Tilman approached the book store and entered the door, ringing the bell on his way in. Tilman placed his hand on the door frame only for a moment, it looked innocent enough, but in reality Tilman was setting Estaban up. In the split second his hand touched the door frame Tilman attached a SMALL bag op explosive powder to the door, hardly noticeable to anyone who didn't know it was already there. Attached to it was a string, long enough to run along with tilman, but near invisible to the naked eye. This was a short burned fuse. When Estaban enters the bookstore, Tilman will light the fuse, exploding the bag of powder. It's not lethal, but it will disorient Estaban long enough for Tilman to take him down.

But for now he would have to act casual. Tilman made his way to the nearest bookshelf and began to browse books, he taught himself how to read during his travels, so he wouldn't look like a fool. One book caught his eye however, a book of tall tales and Children's tales.All Tilman could think of was his younger siblings, all Tilman really wanted was for them to have the best life he could provide. Maybe his he brought this book home, he could teach them how to read. Tilman took a moment to approach the counter, he placed the book on the Till.

"I'll take this one please."
    Capri
    Capri
    The Zealous Irish-Italian

Post by Capri Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:19 pm

"Imbecile." came a whisper from the dark lips of the pale, slender woman standing in the quiet forest.

Her black leather finger-less glove-clad hands gripped the shovel as she cast a perceptive eye at the freshly-disturbed mound of dirt at her feet. Not her most inventive work, she knew, but it would have to do.

She seemed to be focusing on something. Yes. Long raven black hair shifting to one side of her body, her head tilted in concentration.

A passerby would not have even realized they had heard the sound Ognun was listening to know. No second thought would be given. But if one stopped and concentrated with great skill, they would heard the dull thumping below the ground. And maybe even the muffled, shrieking pleas for help.

But it was not likely that someone would do that.

So with a sigh, the woman disposed of the rusting shovel in the creek nearby. It would look mighty suspicious if she just strode into town with a muddy shovel. As she strode back to the mound, a soft whiny could be heard. Ognun, with slightly raised eyebrows, walked to the source of the noise.

Her black stead waited patiently for her return, lightly pacing the damp ground. "Elskan," she murmured, long fingers brushing his mane before she mounted her saddle. Ognun lead her horse over to the mound of dirt, directing Elskan to stomp upon it until the earth was flattened. Satisfied with the natural-looking result, the woman clicked her tongue twice, ordering the horse to set off in the direction she came.

A few moment later, Ognun sighed once more as Elskan guided them both closer to the town. "Pity, isn't it, dear?" her voice cut through the brisk air, "He was such looker, that man. Too bad he was an Ackmin."

A smirk played on her lips as she thought of the honey-eyed, strapping male she had just buried six feet closer to hell.

Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:50 pm

Waiting on faith and ban
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:50 pm

Ooc- Sorry guys, It’s the beginning of exams and I’ve been busy studying.

Bic

There is silence a moment as I finish placing some of the misplaced things in their places. I am silent moment before pulling back to the old register-type machine on the counter. It was large, mostly to keep all the money in its place. I smile. People had walked in and as they did, I smiled, greeting each one with a hearty good morning.

I smile lightly, knowing that each customer meant more money. It was hard times because of the war, there was every fear that there wouldn’t be enough money for food or taxes. I smile as a male walks to the counter. As much as I tell myself not to discriminate by appearances, something about this male throws me off. It’s not something; it’s more of almost everything. His attire isn’t something most normal-folk around here would wear.

As much as I don’t want to smile, I do, taking his book. It’s a strange choice for someone looking like he’s from one of the war-zones to the north and south. I chuckle quietly, keeping my smile.

“It’s a strange choice, but I hope you find it to your liking or atleast whomever you're buying it for enjoys it.” I catch myself watching for markings. Almost everyone has picked a side nowadays and it’s usually someplace that can be paraded out to the world. I find nothing, and for now, I silence my mind, watching him close enough, but keeping him hopefully unaware of my sightings.
    Alix Labe
    Alix Labe
    The Toy Maker
    The Toy Maker

Post by Alix Labe Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:52 pm

I turned to see a men walk into the store. and set off the bell. The man had a smirk on his face, and looked suspicious. I narrowed my eyebrows and put the book back in place and moved closer, and yet behind the first bookshelf. He wouldn't notice me, if I don't move. As I looked at the man, he seemed familier. Tyler? tiller? That's when his name hit me Tilman. I listened to the man and women as they talked.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:31 pm

Daniel stood next to the wall in the alley. He was surrounded by a group of Ackmin and citizens. The alley was in the outskirts of town. It was, in fact, by the slums of the town, where not many travelled. People here were in rags and their feet were black. Yet, even in this hellhole, Daniel had managed to run into a group of Ackmins. An amusing challenge.

"You've no place to run or hide!" one of the braver Ackmin men spoke. He moved forward and his voice actually sounded convincing. It was strong and confident, always too confident. Daniel had his back up against the dead end wall. His head was down so his hair covered his eyes. "And what exactly have I done?" Daniel asked with a smirk.

The Ackmin man laughed, then spat towards Daniel. "Your disgusting you foul beast! You've slain one of our brethren! His blood lies on your hands and you've no reason to explain yourself!" he almost roared angrily. "He did, actually," Daniel spoke with a 'matter of fact' attitude. "Get into the fight with myself. I was simply defending myself."

The Ackmin man roared with anger. He gripped his sword with two hands and charged at Daniel. Without changing his demeanor, Daniel clapped his hands together and his right hand hit the stone wall behind him. Blue lightning erupted the second upon impact, and a large, stone sword shot forward and drove itself right through the man's gut. Daniel looked up and smirked. The Ackmin man dropped his weapon as blood dripped from his wound and mouth. His body shook before growing limp and dead. Daniel walked forward to the group.

"Stop! Stop!" one man cried. "What are you? We'll leave! Stop!" The panicked and begun to back away. Daniel walked along the walls, his right metal hand scrapping the stone, sparks flying from it. "Stop! Please!" more cried as he walked forward. Some turned around and began to run out of the alley, but Daniel clapped his hands again and hit his right hand against the wall. Against, within mere seconds, blue lightning erupted and a large stone wall blocked them in. They were trapped. "Like shooting fish in a barrel."

Daniel stopped as the men screamed and pleaded for help. Daniel kept the smirk on his face. "This is the message I'm afraid, and I'm just the messenger." Daniel dropped to his knees and both his hands hit the floor. Lighting again exploded around the box and as the stone wall Daniel created moments before began to fall, a dozen of stone swords shot across the alleyway and killed each member of the Ackmin group. Like the first Ackmin man, Daniel watched as the others grew limps before dying.

Daniel stood there for a moment, watching the blood drip down off them, creating a creek of blood; the smirk stayed on his face. Daniel walked to the end of the alley, looked back, and clapped his hand, tapped the wall, and watch as the stone swords returned back to their original brick shapes in the alleyway. Every body fell to the floor and laid there dead. "The beauty of alchemy."
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:03 pm

Tilman puts on faint grin. He could tell the woman was uncomfterable with his attire, and he didn't blame her. He's just glad she doesn't recognize him. He pulls out his coin purse and pulls out two shillings to pay for the book. He slipped the book into his pack.

"Its for my younger siblings, I figure they aught to know how to read"

Considering she didn't recognize him, there really was no harm in mentioning his siblings. He slipped one extra shilling onto the table as a tip. Generally when you do something generous people tend to be less guarded around you.

It would seem he was killing enough time, Estaban should be here any second now.
    Capri
    Capri

Post by Capri Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:16 pm

Ognun was taking her sweet time leading Elskan along the edge of the forest. She'd been able to see the town for a good ten minutes now, but felt no immediate inclination to head towards it. After all, she hadn't received her next assignment from Marius, her leader, yet. But I will. she thought to herself. And she wasn't one to go on tyrant rampages.

But a flash of blue light made her neck stiffen. Her large, hawk-like eyes focused in on the city. Not half a mile away, the energy practically saturated the air. Being Negesyce, she could sense when another one of her kind were using their powers. And that is exactly what was happening.

Whoever was using power, was a strong one. But they weren't being very discrete, now, were they? Maybe that isn't what they were going for. Every few seconds, another flash of blue pierced the air, a muffled rumble following like a thunderstorm. Also, the cries of men could be heard. Death was in the air.

Ognun isn't exactly a curious one. But when she wants information, she knows how to get it without being detected. Her persuasive, hypnotizing Negesyce powers also helped with that.

"How peculiar," she whispered to herself, pulling her dark hood after most of her head. Swifty, she kicked Elskan's thigh, and he immediately began racing towards the city, sending pebbles flying past the dying corn crops surrounding as Ognun cluthed to his main, stormy eyes radiating determination.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:49 pm

Daniel threw his cloak over his shoulder having his arms bare, his torso covered. He flicked his head to the right to brush the hair from his vision. He stretched out his arms hearing the joints in his flesh pop. He smiled with quite an amount of satisfaction.

The end bits of his cloak where tattered and covered in mud and both dry and fresh blood as his skimmed across the cobblestone roads. Daniel was a simple person and did what he did not for anyone else, but simple for his own personal enjoyment. Call him cruel, but murder was his true calling. The power he felt that pulsed through his body when he watched the last seconds of a persons life. He smiled at the thought. He was full of blood lust, yet it never clouded his judgment. He made spectacles yes, but he never got himself into something he couldn't resolve.

Daniel turned down the road to start to head around in a circle. Rushing past him were horses and men and women of Ackmin. This will be interesting, he thought to himself and he waited for the horsemen to pass before following them a short distance away. He loved to see what his actions caused.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:16 pm

He hands over his payment. That’s all I have to ask for. I open the register, noting the extra shilling. It was a tip; a note of gratitude or something else. I didn’t know what else. Something about this whole scene seemed to catch me off guard. It was too early to watch every man that came through.
    I smiled, nodding. It was a nice gesture, teaching his siblings how to read. I had to give him that.

“What’s the world if there’s no one to read its literature?” I smiled lightly. There was something dark in his eyes, but I ignored it.

“I hope you’ll come back and buy another book for your siblings. They’ll need to soon I hope” I nodded as I looked round the store. There were more in the shop than normal; a farmer, a few travelers, and few higher-end folk. I assumed they were going to buy books for the holidays.
    Capri
    Capri

Post by Capri Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:38 pm

Due to Elskan's swiftness, Ognun arrived on the very edge of the town within minutes. Her nostrils were immediately invaded with the smell of filth, and she was overwhelmed by the feeling of fresh Negesyce power in the air. Run-down slums and dead bodies surrounded her on the muddy streets as she cast her gaze around, Elskan snorting in recognition.

All of the dead were Ackmin. Yes, definitely a rampage going on. The woman lead her horse down the now-deserted street, hearing the sound of approaching hooves up ahead. Ah, she was close to the scene of the crime. Too close. But the killer wasn't anywhere in sight. Hopefully the one massacre-ring all of the villagers isn't completely crazy. She might want to have a word with them. But that was undecided. For now, she'd stay well-hidden and cloaked, watching from the shadows. And with that she and her horse quickly ducked into an alley, looking into the square well-hidden, icy eyes perceptive.

Villagers on horses packed into the square where the dead bodies lie, screaming profanities and orders. It was utter mayhem. Ognun smirked.

But then she noticed something out of place. A very tall man watching the scene like she was, eyes slightly mischievous, blonde hair disheveled, and cloak torn. Yes, definitely didn't fit in with the picture. To anyone else, they may not have even noticed him. But noticing every detail is what Ognun was trained for.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:58 pm

Daniel stood up against the brick wall, a small smile on his face. His face were focused on the new "police force" to see what happened. They cursed and search around. A few members got back on their horses and ran off, trying to find the culprit.

Daniel's eyes flickered and he smiled, chuckling to himself. He stood up and walked away from the blood bath. Daniel was satisfied. He walked past a group of people and continued his original path before the returned back to his murder location.
    Capri
    Capri

Post by Capri Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:45 pm

With a speculating gaze, Ognun watched the tall man saunter away and blend into the frenzy. How peculiar, she thought.

"Come, Elskan," she whispered, mounting the horse once more and slipping into the background, unnoticed, as usual.

Ognun guided Elskan through connected alleyways and out of the poorer part of town, ready to be rid of the smell of death, but still wondering about the strong wave of Negesyce power.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:28 pm

Daniel walked between alleyways and down streets. He wasn't stupid, Daniel always on watch, on guard, which ever you wish to call it, but he always pay attention to his surroundings. He was being followed, but he didn't feel threatened. He smiled to himself and leant against the wall and waited.

It wasn't long before he heard hoofs. Odd for an alleyway if you think about it. Not uncommon of course, but not surprising either. He flipped his hood above his head and waited. The hood covered his eyes and the top half of his face. The hooves got closer, almost right ontop of Daniel.

Daniel knocked on the alley wall three times and whistled a short tune. Two high pitches, on low, two high again. It was a code, a very very general code, but one that would be recognized. If she was interested, she'd stop and talk, if not, she'd walk on by.
    Capri
    Capri

Post by Capri Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:01 pm

As Elskan clattered along the muddy backstreets, Ognun began to wonder about Marius. Usually, her boss was ordering demand after demand upon her. "Drown him. He crossed me." "Slit her throat. She wasn't making the payments on her loan." "Make them beg for mercy and dispose of them properly. They tried to arrest me." But it didn't bother her in the slightest. She was born to be sly. Trained to be an assassin.

Obviously, Marius was capable of doing all of these things himself. He was just one of those cruel-minded, clean-handed men. He was always Ognun's shadow, following her whereever (unless of course, he had business to attend to). But it was just so unusual of him to be incognito.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

Elskan froze, becoming deathly silent as he was trained, his owner's eyes becoming as sharp as daggers in the dim alley light. She listened. Then came a tune. Two high note, a low note, and then another two high. She suppressed the urge to shake her head. She knew what this was. Ognun had known she was not alone in the alleyway, but she hadn't been following anyone.

She could not see the seemingly-deserted darkened alleyway in front of her, where the noise had come from. But she knew he was there. And just as she couldn't she him, he couldn't see her.

With her natural stealth, Ognun dismounted Elskan, clutching his reins as she slid next to the alley wall. If a few swift knocks, she'd returned the sequence with her leather-gloved hand. Then in a slightly higher octave, she sang the tune and waited, black hood hiding the top half of her face.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:39 am

ooc - sorry Capri, I guess I misunderstood. I thought you were following me. My bad.

bic - Daniel waited. The hooves that he heard had stopped, but she couldn't of just left and disappeared. She must of stopped. Daniel stayed in his position and waited, listening. His hood remained on and he didn't dare to look him her direction.

Daniel was actually surprised how long he waited. In reality it was that long, perhaps a minute or two, but it was long enough to make Daniel wonder. Then, he heard a sound. Not just any sound, but a reply to his request. He smiled and walked towards the sound of the hooves. He flipped his hood and stood very casually. "What brings a pretty ol' thing like you out here? You know it can be very... Dangerous," he smirked at the girl.

He intentionally did not speak of what had happened or what they were, and more specifically, what side they were on. Daniel would let her make the choice, let her lead the conversation. Afterall, he liked a woman who took charge.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:51 am

I smile quietly as I watch the crowd, it had thinned out and I began to pack up. I put on my cape, gently putting the hood over my head and I mount Maikoda, "Let's go."

They move forward for a bit, and Maikoda stops, staring down another horse [Capri and co]. I stare at the woman on the horse, wondering why Maikoda had stopped so suddenly.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:51 pm

ooc- Waiting on Jordan and Ban
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:33 pm

OOC: waiting on Ban
    Wraith
    Wraith
    Headlight

Post by Wraith Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:04 am

ooc- i'm neutral human.. black market vendor

i sit at a corner of the tavern smoking my pipe watching the comings and goings of everyone. a few guards come in and take a table near mine. i wave the bartender over and place an order for some mutton. while i wait the guards start talking quitely about the disturbances through out the city. as the bartender comes by they quite down abit more but i manage to catch a name for the rebel leader.

estaban, sounds like he could use alittle help. i continue to listen in trying to catch details as to where this character might be. once i glean enough information i drop my coin on the table and leave to start my search for this man.
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:26 pm

OOC: I am officially treating Ban as an NPC so we can move forward.

BIC: Tilman was just about to say something when fortune smiled apon him. He had been stalling enough, and Estaban came right to him. The ring of the store bell signaled his target.

"You there" The man said.

A wide grin trickled across Tilman's face. In an instant, he lit the fuse, causing the bag of explosive powder to explode, causing a large bang right near the target's ear. Tilman doesn't miss a beat, he flips around with his crossbow (Netgun attached) and fires a net at Estaban before he even realizes what is going on.

Tilman leaps at him, sending them both out of the store. Tilman begins to restrain his captured target.

"You know, I've caught a ton of guys in my time, but you made this too easy for me" Tilman said sarcastically.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:00 pm

ooc- I'll be posting later guys

I messages Ban and he informed me that he doesn't think he'll have time to post. He told me to take him out of the above post. I guess Jordan, you can do what you'd like to get him out of the way.
    Capri
    Capri

Post by Capri Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:37 pm

OOC- No problem, Danny. I rolled with it.(: Also, sorry for the lte reply. Finals week. O_O

BIC-

With her black hood, the man probably could not see any thing but Ognun's set lips. And she remained perfectly still, watching as he stepped out into view, pulling his hood back to reveal his face. Short blonde hair a little messy, he had an amused expression on as he spoke. Ognun's specialty was showing no emotion, and that is exactly what she did. Only she moved one of her hands to Elskan's inky, straight mane, and proceeded to stroke it, all the while looking at the man. "...pretty ol' thing..." Ognun almost smirked at that. Silly men.

"Only if one makes it dangerous." she spoke, voice cutting through the silent air. And with that, Ognun's head flicked to the side, "You know, eavesdropping is quiet rude, dear." This time, her voice was like pure ice as she addressed the intruder behind her.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:06 pm

"My apologies." I smile quietly, watching the conversation unfold.

"Just curious as to what the two of you are doing out here, especially during these times..." She frowns, "They are dangerous..."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:15 am