Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

+3
Jade Hawk
Faith Wynters
Mercy
7 posters

It's a Mad Mad World (Open and Accepting)

Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

It's a Mad Mad World (Open and Accepting) Empty It's a Mad Mad World (Open and Accepting)

Post by Mercy Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:18 pm

Welcome to the town of Weathersby, a small town with a small town values. But there is something different about this town, something odd with some of its residents. They aren't from around here, they are from someplace imaginative. They are the characters of stories, but they tend to keep that a secret to themselves. Few know one another, unless they are from the same story, and some don't even remember who they were. Some want to live a normal life, some want to power, some want to be left alone, and others just want to go home. But it is unknown how they can return to their story book life, so while they search and try to gain clues their life goes on. But these characters aren't like they ones most of us know and love, some of them are more like their original telling, dark and twisted. And some are just plain mad.

Yet the locals in the town seem to be getting suspicious about these newbies dropping in, and some are out to make big bucks if they expose these "People" for who they really are.

Character skellie Story book
    Name:
    Story you are from:
    What character you are:
    Do you know you are from a story:
    Equipment:
    Weapon:
    Forms: (If you have more then one)
    What is wrong with you: (Mental illness or other)
    Distinguishing characteristics:
    Brief Background:
    ((Provide a link to the story if can))

OR You could be normal:

Normal Character Skellie

Name:
    Equipment:
    Weapon:
    Do you know other people are story book characters: (Can be added when you learn that people are during the rp)
    What is wrong with you: (Mental illness or other)
    Distinguishing characteristics:
    Brief Background:

I would like someone to be evil or really twisted, I would also like if someone could play a Malice...like Alice but darker, if no one wants to that is fine. I would also like someone to be a therapist.
    If someone wants to play Alice, from Alice in wonderland...well there will be an option to be a new Alice...

Rules
    1. No god modding

2. While it says mature I don't mean sex, I mean blood and gore, and possible language

3. if you use curse words try to avoid the big ones if you can

4. While I do say that American Mcgee Alice is part of it what I mean is that I was inspired by it.

5. Please twist your characters a little.

6. Play them like your own but keep a bit of the original in.

7. No character death unless you get permission

8. If you decide to quit please tell me so I can kill off your character.

9. Make your posts lengthy and descriptive, at least 200 words per post. we want to keep this flowing.

MEET THE CAST:

Story Book Characters:
    Scarlet [Little Red]: Played by - Mercy
    Alice: Played by - Faith
    Morgana -- Played by Alexis
    Marvin - Played by Murdoch

Locals in the Town:

Places in the Town:

Grandma's Kitchen- This is the towns local bakery, it is run by an elderly woman that is just known as Grandma. Everything here is made from scratch and tastes delicious! But only a few people know the ingredients to the pastries and pies. The young woman that works here is sweet for the most part.

Nook in a Book- The local bookstore, it sell both new and used books. Some rare and some not so much. The two story bookstore is rather quite and has a feeling of peace most of the time. It has some great hiding spots behind some of the book cases, and at night it is almost empty.

The White Rabbit- Welcome to the White Rabbit Tea Shoppe! We serve freshly brewed Black tea, Chai tea, Green tea, Herbal tea, Red Tea, Decaf tea, White tea, iced tea, loose tea, Oolong tea, Organic Tea, and even Grey tea! Anything you want, we’ve got it. Now come on down! Its tea time and you’re late!

SPECIAL: Tell us why a Raven’s like a writing desk and we’ll give you a free cup of tea!

Last edited by Mercy on Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:19 pm; edited 14 times in total (Reason for editing : Adding more of a plot)
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

It's a Mad Mad World (Open and Accepting) Empty Re: It's a Mad Mad World (Open and Accepting)

Post by Mercy Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:18 pm

Name: Scarlet Rowina
    Appearance: It's a Mad Mad World (Open and Accepting) Redhoo10

Fairytale: Little Red Riding Hood
    What character you are: Little Red Riding Hood
    Do you know you are from a story: Little Red knows, Scarlet does not [See Mental Illness]

Forms: She doesn't exactly have a different form, but Little Red sees herself as a killer, and her walk, posture and speech will change. [ How Little Red Views Herself: It's a Mad Mad World (Open and Accepting) 21684513

What is wrong with you: (Mental illness or other):Multiple personality disorder: A neurosis in which the personality becomes dissociated into two or more distinct parts each of which becomes dominant and controls behavior from time to time to the exclusion of the other parts

Distinguishing characteristics: She has two sides of her, one side goes by Scarlet the other goes by Little Red. Scarlet is out most of the time, but Little Red is her horrible, killing machine personality. Little Red sees herself as a dark, wolfish creature, only to come out at night. Little Red shows many Sociopath tendencies, such as no remorse, pathological liar and a fake charm. Scarlet tends to believe that Little Red is a figment of her imagination, an old "Imaginary friend" she used to bring out when she was being teased at school. She thought she had rid of Little Red when she was at least fifteen.

Personality
    Scarlet's Personality: She is a bit naive, she loves daydreaming, baking, meeting new people, reading, writing, and singing, taking long walks in the forest. She is extremely sad about her Grandmother's death still. She is a sweetheart, and gets hurt easily by teasing and is frightened easily. She is deathly afraid of wolves and judgement. She is extremely shy and loves to please people.
    Dislikes: Spiders, wolves, and absolutely terrified of the dark.

Little Red's Personality: Believes that Scarlet is a whimp, a coward, and a disgrace with no backbone. Little Red is cruel with a sharp, nasty tongue. She hates when people tell her no, or even think about getting in her way.

Equipment
    Weapon: A sword, daggers, nails.

History
    Brief Background:

On her way to Grandmother's house she had claimed to the police to have seen a wolf eat her grandmother. Of course, it was she who had grabbed a kitchen knife, leaving her Grandmother's body on the bed. As Scarlet came back into consciousness she found her Grandmother dead on the bed, she was devastated and found claw marks, which she only assumed a wolf had gotten in and she quickly called the police.

That night, Little Red came back into power, running away from the scene of the crime, never looking back. Scarlet awoke, finding herself in a strange new place, she was brought in by a nice elder couple, then shortly after was kicked out because of Little Red's rude and inhumane tendencies. She was left to wander the streets until hospitalized. Little Red faked her way through this until they released Scarlet/Little Red and then Scarlet went and works at a Bakery of her own now.

Last edited by Mercy on Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:46 am; edited 8 times in total
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

It's a Mad Mad World (Open and Accepting) Empty Re: It's a Mad Mad World (Open and Accepting)

Post by Faith Wynters Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:27 pm

I love this...
    I don't know who I should be...Thinking...

Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:41 pm

You have an entire variety, you could be a Disney character, one from Alice in Wonderland, think about Shrek and all the fairy tale creatures
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:44 pm

I know, just trying to create a normal character for my twisted character.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:57 pm

Question: Does my character have to have a mental problem or can she be like possessed?
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:05 pm

Anything you want its fantasy. Or your character could be completely normal human
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:43 pm

Normal Character
    Name: Alice Pleasance.
    Appearance:
    Spoiler:

The above picture is the Facial Structure, but her dress is a little mixture of both the pictures above and below. It's the solid blue, but it's the style of the second picture. She does wear striped leggings.

Spoiler:

Story you are from: Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland; Through the looking glass and what Alice saw.
    What character you are: Alice
    Do you know you are from a story: No
    Likes: Meeting new people, exploring places, and making new friends/enemies
    Dislikes: Rude People, being called stupid, being called rude when she’s really not.

Equipment:
    Weapon: None when she’s her normal Alice self.
    What is wrong with you: (Mental illness or other) Normal Alice has Alice In Wonderland Syndrome (AIWS) and she has schizophrenia.
    Form: Twisted Princess Alice.

Story book Character

Name: Twisted Princess Alice
    Appearance:
    Spoiler:
    Weapon: A watch that can hypnotize those of a weaker mind. A deck of cards that seem to be able to cut through everything
    Do you know other people are story book characters: Only if they’re from the Alice Books
    What is wrong with you: She’s possessed by the Cheshire cat (Alice is taken over at night and whenever she’s sad or angry) Her schizophrenia takes over and she relives the below scene while Cheshire takes over her body.
    Background: So the story behind Alice is after she's declared guilty, the Queen of Hearts and her army proceed to chase Alice through Wonderland. Unfortunately, Alice trips and hurts her leg, allowing them enough time to catch up to her. Alice is then dragged away by the Queen's soldiers. All of this is being watched by the Cheshire Cat who's hiding in the shadows. Alice is taken to the center of the Queen's garden maze where all the bodies of the many victims of the tyrannical Queen are discarded. And like all of the Queen's victims, Alice is beheaded and left in the center of the maze to rot. Unknown to the Queen, the Cheshire Cat followed her to the center of the maze and witnessed the tragic execution of the young girl. Once the Queen and her army has left, the Cheshire Cat appears. He feels extremely guilty for the death of this little girl...but that feeling soon passes, for the Cheshire Cat now had himself a new toy...a new body to posses...a new puppet to carry out his twisted motives. Wonderland WILL be his!

Note: This isn’t my story behind Alice. Credits to Jeftoon01

Last edited by Faith Wynters on Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:39 pm

Very very nice! I love it
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:05 pm

Not too sure which character I'd be, nor what the plot is, but I would like to join. I just need to think up someone first.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:30 pm

The plot is that characters from fairytales have ended up here. Maybe I should add more of a plot.... Hmmm
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:37 pm

Once I get more time, I'll join. I'll keep my character a secret until then...just fairytale characters, right? Smile
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:57 pm

Does this mean we'll get to see more of you Murdoch? I've really missed Rping with you
    Alix Labe
    Alix Labe
    The Toy Maker
    The Toy Maker

Post by Alix Labe Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:07 pm

I'll join. I just need to think of a character.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:35 am

Anything from Disney to any book series, the more known the better I guess. Then we can all get an idea of who you are. Fairytale would be the most fun though I think
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:45 pm

Wait a second...any book character? Any at all? That widens my choices significantly...and does this extend to folklore and mythology at all?

And yes, you will be seeing more of me as time goes on Smile
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:00 pm

Sure Smile
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:28 pm

Oh wait.. I had a character but I didn't realize it could be ANY fictional character. Are there any limitations to our choices? I might stick to my original idea. I don't know much about fairytale characters so I had to do some research, so I'll either stick to my researched character, or choose another one that I know more about.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:00 pm

Any fictional character to be honest. Make it interesting Smile
    Zalgo the Imminent
    Zalgo the Imminent
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN

Post by Zalgo the Imminent Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:57 am

ooc: If I were to join, I wouldn't be around much, and my character would be highly video game based. Like, Dante from Devil May Cry mixed with Deadpool and a smattering of No-Bark Noonan.

But I'm highly doubtful that I'll join. No computer normally and all, y'know?
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:51 am

I have the choice narrowed down to three candidates...all of which I will keep under wraps until the last possible minute Razz
    As to my other RP's, I will get time soon.
    Alexis
    Alexis

Post by Alexis Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:31 pm

Hi, so. I’d like to join, but I changed the ending of the story, just so that you know; my character could still be alive. Also, I chose this character specifically so there will be long periods of time where I won't have to post, as I'm still trying to feel things out with my schedule.

Name: Morgana
    Appearance: Morgana was born with soft brown hair, but years of resting only in the shadows at the bottom of the ocean have left it black, it is impossible to tell its length due to the waters movement. Her eyes are icy blue, her lips and skin both a pale while, giving off an almost luminescent blue glow. A dark green fin covers what should be the lower half of her body.
    Story you are from: The Little Mermaid (Original)
    What character you are: The little mermaid.
    Do you know you are from a story: Yes
    Dislikes: Humans
    Weapon: A curved blade about two sizes of her hand forged from the sharpest, though brittle pieces of coral. It was made by the sea witch, rarely does she have any need to use it.
    Forms: Human and mermaid
    What is wrong with you: She kills human men
    Distinguishing characteristics: Morgana blames humans for her lonely existence. Not quite mermaid, not quite human, she exiles herself to the very deepest and darkest parts of the ocean. Never does she near the surface of the water in daylight, not wanting to be ‘fooled’ by some human again.

Brief Background: When she turned fifteen, Morgana fell in love with a handsome prince upon her first visit to the ocean’s surface. She became obsessed with more than the prince, but humans themselves. The idea of an immortal soul captivated her. The which of the sea watched all too closely as the young mermaid became more infatuated with each visit to the surface and bribed her.

They formed a deal, all in all fair, where Morgana gave up her tongue for a life of silence with legs. But the less clear part of the agreement was how long she would stay. The prince quickly became another factor, if he married another, that same day Morgana would die and become little more than the salt water she had come from, and her soul with her. If it was her whom the prince married, she could live as a human, and when her time came to die naturally, she could remain immortal.

Upon the surface, legs caused the mermaid great pain, though she moved with grace, the ground where she stood left invisible burns on the flesh. The prince, though taking kindly to her, married another. Morgana was driven mad with grief, preparing to through herself into the sea as the day drew to a close. But her family from the sea came to her air, a blade from the sea witch they had bargained for and if she were to kill the prince and have the blood spill onto her feet, she could once again join them in the sea. Hesitantly she took the blade and walked to the prince’s chambers. In once swift movement he was killed. But not before opening his eyes, he screamed so just as she sliced his throat that she jumped backwards, the blood landing only on one foot.

She was changed in the mermaid once again, but not the same. Anger and rage had filled her , she had no voice, and since the blood had splashed but on one leg she was able to retain part of her humanness. Each night, as the sun changed with the moon, the mermaid changed to human. While human, she regained use of her tongue and often surfaced and danced along the beach as she once had for the prince, this time singing her enchanting siren song all the while. Knowing well what she’s doing, she draws mortal men to her in the moonlight, but as the sun begins to break she leads them into the water. By mid sunrise she plunges to the depths of the ocean, fins returning and lounge once again melting away. Still she smiles at the poor man in pursuit and beckons him into the water. Deeper and deeper they try to follow the siren who cast her spell. They drown each and every time, and each one Morgana sends back to her family, whom she was now an outcast from, belonging neither in the human nor the ocean world.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:25 pm

Thank you for joining Alexis Smile
    Zalgo the Imminent
    Zalgo the Imminent
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN

Post by Zalgo the Imminent Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:44 pm

ooc: Meh, might as well. But, Mercy, would it be okay if I did a comic book/video game character? Or would that be out of the question?
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:52 pm

Ok...here we are. I want to keep his identity a secret until well into the RP...if you need to know, Mercy, just PM me and I'll tell you Smile

Name: Marvin
    Appearance: What can I say? He's an eighty year old man, living in a quiet (albeit sometimes strange) neighbourhood. His posture is stooped, as if from a back problem, and he shuffles around rather slowly in his loose shirt and trousers. He never wears anything but a neat suit, the crisp and smooth texture contrasting sharply with his wrinkled, almost gnarled face. His hands are arthritic, curled around a simple oak walking stick, the handle of which is carved into the shape of an owl. A wispy white beard reaches down from his chin to his chest, the white colour matching the almost non-existent hair on his head. Despite his old age and stooped posture, he does not look severe; the wrinkles on his face are from laughter, and there is a slight twinkle of mischief in his deep brown eyes. Though he is known to be grumpy, he is probably only putting it on.
    Story you are from: ???
    What character you are: ???
    Do you know you are from a story: Yes.
    Likes: Kindness, honour, generosity, good humour, cautiousness
    Dislikes: Rashness, arrogance, poor manners, foolishness and brussel sprouts.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:38 am