Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

+3
Jade Hawk
Faith Wynters
Mercy
7 posters

It's a Mad Mad World (Open and Accepting)

Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

It's a Mad Mad World (Open and Accepting) - Page 2 Empty It's a Mad Mad World (Open and Accepting)

Post by Mercy Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:18 pm

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the town of Weathersby, a small town with a small town values. But there is something different about this town, something odd with some of its residents. They aren't from around here, they are from someplace imaginative. They are the characters of stories, but they tend to keep that a secret to themselves. Few know one another, unless they are from the same story, and some don't even remember who they were. Some want to live a normal life, some want to power, some want to be left alone, and others just want to go home. But it is unknown how they can return to their story book life, so while they search and try to gain clues their life goes on. But these characters aren't like they ones most of us know and love, some of them are more like their original telling, dark and twisted. And some are just plain mad.

Yet the locals in the town seem to be getting suspicious about these newbies dropping in, and some are out to make big bucks if they expose these "People" for who they really are.

Character skellie Story book
    Name:
    Story you are from:
    What character you are:
    Do you know you are from a story:
    Equipment:
    Weapon:
    Forms: (If you have more then one)
    What is wrong with you: (Mental illness or other)
    Distinguishing characteristics:
    Brief Background:
    ((Provide a link to the story if can))

OR You could be normal:

Normal Character Skellie

Name:
    Equipment:
    Weapon:
    Do you know other people are story book characters: (Can be added when you learn that people are during the rp)
    What is wrong with you: (Mental illness or other)
    Distinguishing characteristics:
    Brief Background:

I would like someone to be evil or really twisted, I would also like if someone could play a Malice...like Alice but darker, if no one wants to that is fine. I would also like someone to be a therapist.
    If someone wants to play Alice, from Alice in wonderland...well there will be an option to be a new Alice...

Rules
    1. No god modding

2. While it says mature I don't mean sex, I mean blood and gore, and possible language

3. if you use curse words try to avoid the big ones if you can

4. While I do say that American Mcgee Alice is part of it what I mean is that I was inspired by it.

5. Please twist your characters a little.

6. Play them like your own but keep a bit of the original in.

7. No character death unless you get permission

8. If you decide to quit please tell me so I can kill off your character.

9. Make your posts lengthy and descriptive, at least 200 words per post. we want to keep this flowing.

MEET THE CAST:

Story Book Characters:
    Scarlet [Little Red]: Played by - Mercy
    Alice: Played by - Faith
    Morgana -- Played by Alexis
    Marvin - Played by Murdoch

Locals in the Town:

Places in the Town:

Grandma's Kitchen- This is the towns local bakery, it is run by an elderly woman that is just known as Grandma. Everything here is made from scratch and tastes delicious! But only a few people know the ingredients to the pastries and pies. The young woman that works here is sweet for the most part.

Nook in a Book- The local bookstore, it sell both new and used books. Some rare and some not so much. The two story bookstore is rather quite and has a feeling of peace most of the time. It has some great hiding spots behind some of the book cases, and at night it is almost empty.

The White Rabbit- Welcome to the White Rabbit Tea Shoppe! We serve freshly brewed Black tea, Chai tea, Green tea, Herbal tea, Red Tea, Decaf tea, White tea, iced tea, loose tea, Oolong tea, Organic Tea, and even Grey tea! Anything you want, we’ve got it. Now come on down! Its tea time and you’re late!

SPECIAL: Tell us why a Raven’s like a writing desk and we’ll give you a free cup of tea!

Last edited by Mercy on Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:19 pm; edited 14 times in total (Reason for editing : Adding more of a plot)
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

It's a Mad Mad World (Open and Accepting) - Page 2 Empty Re: It's a Mad Mad World (Open and Accepting)

Post by Faith Wynters Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:57 pm

Can I add a place Mercy? Alice owns a Tea Shoppe and I'd like it integrated more.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

It's a Mad Mad World (Open and Accepting) - Page 2 Empty Re: It's a Mad Mad World (Open and Accepting)

Post by Mercy Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:49 pm

yes! Go for it, just send me a PM with your tea shop name and what you sell.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:09 pm

Okay, so I edited my bio (Just so everyone knows) with pictures in spoilers because I came back and clicked on the link and it just took me to the DeviantArt Home page. Now, all you have to do is click on them.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:53 pm

Is my character ok, Mercy?
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:56 pm

Your character seems farmiliar, but I can't remember where I've seen it before...

Also, I know this is off topic, but I was wondering if we were going to begin the RP to be finnshed one, or if it kinda, jumped off the cliff? I know I probably am coming off as annoying, but I'm really excited about you being back!
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:49 pm

I doubt it...I'm not even using his real name Razz

And I hope so, but I need other people to post and say "Yep, we're here!" If they don't...then it has, sadly, died...
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:01 pm

I know you're not using his real name, but he seems farmiliar. I doubt I know who it is, just seems farmiliar

--

I raly wish people would post up on it though. It was just getting good really when everyone stopped getting on.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:21 pm

I shall start, your character is fine Murdoch Smile Those who wish to join, come in any time just put in your character and give it a whirl.

BIC -

Holding the knife she slowly made her way up to the bedroom on the second floor.
    "Scarlet, is that you, dear?" A voice from inside.
    "Yes, Grandmother. It is I." A dark chuckle as the door creaks open.
    "Dear, what are you doing with that knife, you should really be careful. Don't want you hurting yourself."
    "Oh. I wouldn't be the one getting hurt..." A laugh echos the room as she makes her way to the bed.
    "Scar--"
    Blood splatters.
    The room darkens and a laugh spins around, slowly fading...

Scarlet shot into a sitting position, eyes wide and heavy breathing. She shook her head a few times, trying to rid of the laughter still spinning in her head.

"What... An odd dream." She rubs her eyes and stands, stretching a bit and makes her bed.

Before going to the bathroom, she kisses her two fingers and places them on a small picture of her and her grandmother, "I miss you Grandma."

She strips of her nightclothes and puts on her dress for the day and grabs her basket. She begins to bake some home goods for Granny to test taste. She waits, her house slowly starting to smell like fresh dough and sugar. She smiles as they finish baking, placing some baked goods in her basket, and wrapping them up in a red and white plaid cloth.

Pausing, she looks around for a moment, "Ah-ha." She giggles quietly, grabbing her red cape and tying it around her neck, putting her hood up.

She walks out of her hut and down the street. The sun was rising into the sky, and people walked among the streets, kids on bikes, riding to school.

"Another beautiful day." She smiles, joyfully looking around and skips merrily along to Granny's Kitchen where she works.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:41 pm

"Let the jury consider their verdict," the King said, for about the twentieth time that day.

"No, no!" said the Queen. "Sentence first--verdict afterwards."

"Stuff and nonsense!" I shouted loudly throughout the court-room. "The idea of having the sentence first!" How absurd was that?

"Hold your tongue!" shouted the Queen, turning purple.

"I won't!" I spoke, simply, folding my arms over themselves.

"Off with her head!" the Queen shouted at the top of her voice. Nobody moved. They seemed too afraid that the queen would sentence them like she had me. I wasn’t afraid.

"Who cares for you?" I spoke swiping my hand. I had grown to my full size by now and I wasn’t afraid. "You're nothing but a pack of cards!"

At this the whole pack rose up into the air, and came flying down upon me: I gave a little scream, half of fright and half of anger, and tried to beat them off.

I found myself lying in my bed, head on a pillow as I tossed and turned, trying to get the cards off of me.

"Oh, I've had such a curious dream!" I spoke quietly, looking down to the curious cat that lay at the foot of the bed. I seemed to spout off the same dream as well as I could remember them, all these strange Adventures of mine that I had been dreaming about. When I finished, Cheshire was on my lap, lapping at my hand. There was no response for awhile. The cat looked up to me, the large grin spreading on his feline face.

“What a curious dream indeed” He purrs knowingly as looked back down toward his paw, beginning to clean himself. He knows that it’s all she can really see. He uses her body during the night and all she can really remember is her Adventures in Wonderland. So many Slain, so many persuaded, and yet so much to do; Wonderland oh how it would be his.

“You certainly need to run to your tea; it’s getting late” I got up out of the bed, taking in only a deep breath. Cheshire jumps off the bed just as I stand. I had to hurry, looking at the clock for a moment.

“Oh My! It’s Tea Time! I’m late!” I run to the bathroom. It’s hard to decide whether I should call someone in to work with me or not. Maybe Hatter Maddigan would be interested in coming in. He loves tea like I do. I giggle quietly, pulling my leggings and dress on as I think. I could handle to Shoppe today by myself. It is really hot in this town.

“I’ll see you after work, Cheshire” I giggle as I walk out the door, closing it behind me. I hear his goodbyes as I lock the door.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:54 pm

The sun is shining rather brightly for this time of year, thinks Marvin as he hobbles his way down the street, squinting up at the bright blue sky more than a little dubiously. Of course, this is a far warmer climate than I'm used to... His thoughts trail off a little lamely after that. He doesn't spend much time thinking recently...at least, not when he's out and about. Too much to do when he's around the town doing his errands, after all. Thinking, researching, theorising...that is a luxury for his study, in private, where nobody is likely to discover his scribbled notes. Of course, his notes are exactly that; shorthand, and written in an almost archaic dialogue, more flashcards than actual research notes. he has all of his research...not memorised, exactly, but better. And not written down, where they can be discovered. His research and theorising and speculation is far too important to be left where prying eyes could see...at this point in time, his anonymity is his best weapon. Though he has no idea how he got here, he intends to find out...and if he can figure out how he got here, he can figure out a way home. After all, he is needed there, far more than he is here.

All he can remember about getting here is going to sleep in his tent, the driving rain and howling wind lashing at the cloth from the outside...then waking in a warm, soft bed in a large, brick house in an alien world. He spent about a week trying to figure out where he was - something that he looks back on with some embarrassment - and what this new world was like. Some of his friends may have called the strange devices in this world - such as 'cars', or 'guns' - magic, but Marvin is somewhat more....educated than his fellows. He recognised it for what it was, and set about figuring out exactly where he was.
    It hadn't taken him long to figure out that he was in a future. Not the future, but a future. One of many possible ones, stemming off from a million different decisions down the line. He had somehow been abducted from his time and place, and planted in a world that, by rights, he shouldn't be in. He'd even found mention to himself once or twice...that was a surreal experience, to say the least.

That was a year ago. His research has since stalled...he has become convinced that he is not alone, that other figures from history, myth and legend must have been abducted as he was, but whether or not they recall the abduction or their own homes is another matter entirely. Other than that conclusion, he has hit a wall; he can think of nothing within the realms of his own knowledge that could do such a thing, nor anything that he can find mention of in this world...if it is someone or something that has done it, he/she/it is far more powerful and far more knowledgeable than Marvin would wish any creature to be.

But that is neither here nor there; he is out for his groceries, and he must focus on those. He stops by the side of the road, a couple of gleefully shouting children rushing past behind him, leaning heavily on his walking staff as he watches the street. After making sure that there are no cars approaching, Marvin nods to himself and starts across it, hobbling as fast as he can, his one or two bracelets and necklaces beneath his clothes clinking gently. He is old, after all.
    He reaches the other side of the street and turns again, catching sight of Scarlet exiting her house ahead of him. Ah, Scarlet...he doesn't know her story, or whether she's from a fictional or past place or not...the hood bothers him a little, but he supposes it could just be a coincidence...and if it isn't, well, it isn't his business. So long as she stays out of trouble, he'll leave her be. As it happens, she appears to be heading the same way he is, and he ends up just behind her on the street. Of course, she's faster than him, so she starts to pull away from him...no matter. He isn't in a hurry today.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:32 pm

Boo?
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:07 pm

Not exactly sure who we're waiting on...
    Zalgo the Imminent
    Zalgo the Imminent
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN

Post by Zalgo the Imminent Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:13 pm

ooc: That would be me. Sorry, guys, I'm just a bit out of it. Gimme a moment.
    Zalgo the Imminent
    Zalgo the Imminent
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN

Post by Zalgo the Imminent Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:25 pm

Dante reclined in his chair with his legs up on his desk, hoping the readers weren’t getting bored with his inactivity. They were his reason, his life, the only reason his writers wrote.

Or maybe he was just losing it. Hard to tell, lately.

Sitting there, he looked around the room, examining the various weaponry he held in display cases around the office. A three-headed nanchaku, two scimitars crossed in an X, two different sets of arm, leg, and face guards capable of producing miniature buzzsaws from within them, a suitcase that often glowed along its edges. The possibilities for killing were endless.

But why stop there, writer? Why not keep telling these fine little simpletons about weapons that don’t even exist yet?” He said to no one in particular. After waiting a few moments to see if his calls were answered, he just sighed and closed his eyes. Whoever it was he was attempting to reach wasn’t answering him.

Well, isn’t that great?” He whispered, drifting in and out of sleep. Maybe the world wouldn’t be so boring if people ever entered his shop, but why enter an odd jobs shop if there’re no odd jobs? “Other than the fact that the writers hate their characters, of course.” He whispered.
    Zalgo the Imminent
    Zalgo the Imminent
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN

Post by Zalgo the Imminent Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:29 am

Ooc: I hope I didn't kill this with my fourth wall breaking.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:43 am

Scarlet bounced merrily along to her small bakery that she worked at and looked around, waving to the people. She made her way towards the shop and grabs the key. The shop was a little hut, with a chimney puffing smoke out of it. Extremely homey, most of the customers loved it. She swung open the door and turned on the light.

The light flickered on to a cozy small bakery. There was a fireplace on the right side, and two big red comfy chairs, on the other side was a small wooden table and chairs to accompany it. Scarlet walked across the wooden tiles, smelling the sweet smell of flour and baking goods. She giggles and places her small basket on the counter and begins to clean down the place before opening it. She hears Granny shuffling upstairs -- for Granny lived on the second floor of her own bakery -- and she suddenly has a bit of a flashback, but shakes it off.

Silly imagination. She giggles and takes the cookies out of the oven and places them in the show case.
    Zalgo the Imminent
    Zalgo the Imminent
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN

Post by Zalgo the Imminent Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:54 pm

Ooc: If this is dead, then I am sad.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:22 pm

I'll post...I'm sorry, kinda my fault

bic::

I’m already in the shop and the water’s already boiling. I’m sitting around. There’s not much to do between the time I get to work early and the time the shop opens. I clean off tables again; making sure each table setting at the large oval table is set neatly. As the kettle starts to scream I walk over, a smile on my lips.

I take the kettle, pouring it over the Earl Grey I enjoyed thoroughly. There was no time for sugar, and definitely no time for creams. I giggle, taking in the delightful scent before taking the first sip.

“Where is that pastry girl? She is awfully late” I frown as I walk toward the shuttered windows. I open them up to show a bright and sunny day. I did hope there were a lot of customers today. There would be no day without tea time because every time is tea time!

I giggle at my silly thoughts as I skip toward the small door at the front of the Shoppe. I made sure not to spill any of my glorious tea in the process. It’s too precious to waste. I turn the small sign from Closed to Open. It’s a nice thought that Cheshire helped me get all of this; a Shoppe of my own, a roof over my head, and a steady income at that.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:57 am

Pretty soon, he's reached the bakery. He tends to stay away from supermarkets; he's learned from experience that, if you can build a relationship with the person who runs the local stores, you can get larger portions for less money than you could at the supermarket, and supermarkets generally don't have as fresh a product as the local shops. Today, he needs to restock on pretty much everything; bread, vegetables, meat, dairy...so he'll be visiting pretty much every home-run business in town. The bakery is the closest, so that's where he starts. After that, he'll head to the grocers, the butchers, then the farm to pick up everything else, then head back home to continue his studies. He isn't going to resume his ponderings on how he got here today...no, he is going to investigate other ways to use his abilities. He may be old, he may be experienced, but some of the modern day authors and writers have some interesting ideas. Not all of them are possible, but a lot of them are, and could prove to be very useful.

He walks up the small paved road towards the cottage - He only saw Scarlet a little while ago, so the chances are that she's only just opened - and enters the small bakery. The smell of fresh cookies and newly baked bread hits him immediately, and he has to consciously stop himself from closing his eyes to sniff. That would be undignified. So instead, he shuffles his way into the shop, looking around. It's almost empty - it usually is, this time in the morning - which suits him just fine. It means he won't have to wait for ages to get to the front of the queue, and he won't have to hurry overly much to get out. The place may be cosy, but when it gets a little crowded, it starts to feel claustrophobic.
    He shuffles up to the small counter, glancing briefly at the cookies before clearing his throat to speak.
    "Good morning, Scarlet," he says, slowly and a little hoarsely. That isn't his voice, but he finds that people are more comfortable when an old man speaks how they'd expect him to speak. The hunched over, hoarse old man? A persona he adopted long ago so as not to draw attention to himself. It seems to be working. "The usual, please." He comes in every Monday, and walks away with two fresh loaves of bread. He reaches into his back pocket to fish out his wallet.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:12 pm

Scarlet had always enjoyed the mornings, she was almost always singing or just a bright smile on her face. Humming a merry tune, Scarlet grabs an apron and neatly ties it around her neck and back and begins to work. She grabs some dough and kneading it. Not too long after she begins,Scarlet hears the bell ring on the door and feet shuffling across the floor. she merrily pops her head from the kitchen and sees Marvin stroll towards the counter. She wipes her hands on her apron and waves.

"Well good morning, Mr. Marvin." She bounces forward towards the counter and smiles broadly.

He orders the usual -- luckily she had it all in a bag and ready to go and she grabs the bag handing it to him.

"Here you go, sir!" Scarlet smiles, "And how are you on this fine day?" She asks, tilting her head to the side a bit, the smile never leaves her face.

She hears Granny shuffling down the stairs, "Good morning Granny." Her whimsical, sing-song tone carries up the stairs and Granny gives a hearty laugh.

"Well good morning, Mr. Marvin." Her voice is raspy, yet sweet. She shuffles towards the counter, her cane tapping against the ground, she wore her usual attire, a white apron with red embroidery and a red cotton dress underneath with black shoes, her white, fine hair tied up neatly in a bun with a pencil stuck in it.

"My, my, Scarlet, thank you for setting up as usual."

"Of course, Granny." She giggles and turns to Marvin.

"Is there anything else I can get you?" She asks.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:37 am