Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

+2
Danny
Mayday
6 posters

Humanity can be quite meddlesome (Open Roleplay)

Mayday
    Mayday

Humanity can be quite meddlesome (Open Roleplay) Empty Humanity can be quite meddlesome (Open Roleplay)

Post by Mayday Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:04 pm

Basic plot:

On the outskirts of an over-populated, crowded city there lies a village. This is a little village, with only a few houses scattered around what is basically a large field with some gravel roads and one general convenience store in the middle. Normal citizens from the city dare not creep here, for the tales of madmen and the ghosts that haunt this place surround it and engulf it in a security blanket of sorts. The truth, of course, is yours to discover. In this little village, there lives a select community of people, all with powers. Most are teenagers, with there only being a few elders to guide them on their way. There are also ghosts; the paranormal beings who foretell strange occurrences and, this time, have predicted the end of the world. It's a heavy burden to bear for these teenagers, but now they're all set to battle with the darkness slowly rolling across the land (think of The Neverending Story). This blackness brings with it demonic entities that shriek and can scare the living daylights out of you. Not only do these people have to deal with this doomsday stuff, but meddling citizens of the city as well. And some of these meddling people can cause more havoc than good.

Roles (just expand upon these at your whim):
    The teenage mutant/superpeople: Danny, May, Adaliea, Dawn, Echo, Dante, Grace
    The Elders:
    The ghosties:
    Refugees from villages destroyed by this Darkness: Kristina
    Meddling city dwellers:
    NPCs: Elder Aldric, Elder Territa

WARNING- I haven't role played in god knows how long, which may explain how shitty my posts may or may not be. Please, if you decide to join, bear with me. That is all.

Mayday OVER AND OUT

Last edited by Mayday on Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:46 pm; edited 5 times in total
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Humanity can be quite meddlesome (Open Roleplay) Empty Re: Humanity can be quite meddlesome (Open Roleplay)

Post by Danny Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:14 pm

I think I'll join. It looks like fun!

Name: Daniel McKarthy
    Nicknames: Danny, Dan, Karthy, DK, etc.
    Sex: Male
    Height: 6'3"
    Hair: Light brown, medium length, messy but pushed up.
    Eyes: Green
    Face: Scruff

Body: Athletic and strong. Not too muscular and bulky though.
    Clothing: Black converse, dark blue jeans, black belt, a plain white v-neck, and a red zip up hoddie.
    Personality: Well you'll find out in more detail, but Danny seems to enjoy life to the fullest and always likes to see the positive side of things. He doesn't face the danger or dark sides of life.

Powers: Waterbending (see Avatar: The Last Airbender or The Legend of Korra for examples).
    Roles: The teenage mutant/superpeople.
    Mayday
    Mayday

Humanity can be quite meddlesome (Open Roleplay) Empty Re: Humanity can be quite meddlesome (Open Roleplay)

Post by Mayday Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:30 pm

Oh shite, I just realized I forgot to post up a bio for May. OOPS.
    And welcome Danny :3

Name: Makayla Baida
    Commonly used nicknames: May, Mayla, Mayday, Mailbag, Mayflower
    Sex: Female

Species:Telepathic Shape-shifter
    Skin colour: A sort of pale peaches-and-cream complexion, although a little more on the snow white side.
    Tattoos: Detailed eagle wings in dark blue ink on shoulder blades, a thorny, dark green vine twining itself around her right wrist, a flying bird behind her left ear.
    Height: 4'10
    Build: May has a slender, petite build, but don’t let that fool you into thinking she’s, well… nice.
    Weight: A meager 100 lbs
    Hair (colour/style): Colour ranging from chocolate brown to golden blond, with various hues of blue streaks throughout. Styled in a many layered fashion and loose curls midway-back level with thick front bangs.
    Eyes: Big, round icy blue eyes with gold flecks which become a dull grey when May is angered or frustrated.

Hat: She hates having any sort of shite on her hair.
    Shades/glasses: N/A
    Jewelry/piercings: Silver heart locket usually tucked into her shirt hanging from a thin chain around her neck. Septum (ring through the nose), double piercings in each ear, double on the tongue.
    Coat/Jacket: Black fitted hoodie upper thigh length with a red 13 over the heart. Unzipped.
    Top: Fitted white tee with a black smiley face in the middle.
    Bottom: Dark blue slightly ripped skinny jeans.
    Shoes: Plain black high top sneakers.

Relationship status: Single.
    Sexuality: Straight cis-female.
    Personality: May is… eccentric. She’s a bit off the loopy side of things and does have a temper that tends to flare up quite often. She isn’t all too sociable and this doesn’t go over well with many people. Although tiny, and usually a lot more softspoken than you’d think such an angry little person would be, she has a voice that can carry over quite some distance. Another thing about May: watch out for those teeth. She isn’t afraid of getting into a fight, and when she does, she considers nothing dirty.
    Hobbies: They change ... most of the time include art leaning toward a darker style. She also loves paintballing, mostly because of the fact she gets to shoot people without getting in trouble with the law.
    Background/secret: Makayla comes from a little bit of a troubled past (who doesn't?) and keeps tight lipped about it. So the secret shall stay the secret.
    Powers: Has the ability to shift into whichever animal she pleases, whether it exists or not. May has a big, dark imagination, so some of the animals she shifts into are downright terrifying. But she does have morals (somewhat) and will most likely not eat you. You hope. She also has the ability to read and communicate through the mind, using those telepathic abilities to her advantage and twisting them around in different ways (sometimes dark ways. She’s not evil, I promise). Her shifting powers are much more stronger and developed.
    Preferred weapon: Just a simple army knife and the natural weapons of the animal she shifts into.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:37 pm

Name: Echo [No one else knows what to call her]: Experiment 13

Humanity can be quite meddlesome (Open Roleplay) Littlesister-bioshock

Mutation: A sonic shriek that can make anyone's ears bleed, walls break, glass crack and buildings to burst. She can push false ideas/memories/thoughts into your head, almost like mind control or telepathy but not as strong. She is getting stronger every day physically and mentally. All of Echo's powers are controlled by her emotions. She uses echolocation to maneuver through places, and she can feel different energies which helps her find her way.

Eyes: A blank milky white, Echo is blind.
    Hair: A dark, dirty brown.
    Facial Features: Not very distinct to be honest, she is quite stoic for being a young child. She has dark circles under her eyes.
    Body type: She is extremely thin, almost malnourished, but don't be fooled by that, she is extremely strong.

Echo doesn't have much of a personality, or she is thought to be hiding many things from the scientists. Even when handed treats within the first few days of being found she would simply just caress her teddy bear and click her tongue, not seeming to be listening. She does have fight in her when she feels the need to defend herself. She never talks, so she was given the nickname Echo due to her powers and she realized when she was young that she could use echolocation in order to find where she was going. Echo is quiet, so many mistake this for stupidity, but that is far from it. She is extremely intelligent behind her stoic and blank stare. She is constantly listening and picking up on things.

Echo resides in a solitary confinement, she doesn't like to move from her house at all. A dark room where she is slipped food under the door and a doctor checks up on her every other day. Echo sits in the corner of her room, humming haunting child songs and whenever the doctor comes to visit her, all she does is stare straight ahead. She wears a tattered dress, and wont let anyone wash it, or change it. Dark circles imprinted on her skin, like she is constantly tired.

She does have one strange saying though, "Shh....They can hear you..." and then begin to giggle to herself.

Dislikes: Needles, people touching her.

Equipment: worn teddy bear

Name: Dawn
    Description: Humanity can be quite meddlesome (Open Roleplay) 1290293971_6340_full

Bright blue eyes, stands about 5'4'' and weighs about 117 pounds
    Mutant or Normal? Mutant. Telekinesis, extreme acrobatic skills, control of people's thoughts.

Strengths: Super strength, reflexes enhanced.
    Weaknesses: Her sister, those who can block her mind control, it bounces back.

Extracurricular Activities: She loves being in sports, anything to get her adrenaline up and going. Gymnastics is her main sport, but she loves trying new things.

Occupation: She works at a local diner called "Sally's" for part time to make money for both her and Echo.

Dawn is a fierce competitor, she loves the adrenaline rush and she seems like a tough cookie. Her sister turns her into a softie though, and anyone who even tries to touch her sister she will rip them. She loves to run, gymnastics, and she does fairly well in school. Her sister scares her a little bit with her new powers coming in, she is worried that Echo won't learn how to control it. She has a red motorbike, and her and Dawn live in a shabby apartment alone since their parents abandoned them about two years ago.

Back story: Dawn and Echo were abandoned by their parents two years ago when they found out Dawn and Echo both had powers. They became afraid of their own children and threw them out on the side of the street. Dawn became vengeful and extremely protective of her sister. Dawn got back on her feet after they lived on the street for 7 months and were taken in by SunShadow High, given a small place to stay until Dawn got a job and a place of her own.
    PaintedEye
    PaintedEye

Post by PaintedEye Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:27 am

Character Bio

Basic
    Name: Adaliea May Raindead
    Sex: Female

Features
    Species: Modern Formed Human
    Ethnic: Australian
    Skin color: Spring to summer: Lightly Tan. Fall-Winter: Albino albino
    Tattoo: On my left shoulder where nobody can see, there is a Crucifix.
    Scars: There's a scar on my lower back from surgery. Theres another scar going down from behind the top of my right ear, down to my left shoulder blade. This was from a demonic spirit attempting to stab me with a knife.
    Height: 5'5
    Build: Short and muscular.
    Weight: 143
    Hair (color/style): Dark brown, appears to be black. My hair comes down about mid-way to my ribs. Every summer, I highlight my hair bright blonde, and light brown. In the winter, it gets dyed back to its original color.
    Eyes: I have extremely noticeable grey eyes. It's the first thing most people notice when they see my face.

Dressware
    Hat: A cowboy hat with a black feather in it. My grandmother gave it to me, right before she passed away.
    Shades/glasses: None. I can handle the sun. ;D
    Jewerly/peircings: A brown leather bracelet with arrow shaped slits (left wrist), and a braided horse hair bracelet (right wrist).
    Coat/Jacket: A pink rain jacket.
    Top: I'm always wearing either my black or white short sleeved t-shirt, my Jake the Dog (Adventure Time) t, or a Hunger games shirt.
    Bottom: Skinny jeans, khaki capris, or my denim shorts.
    Shoes: Either my black cowgirl boots, or my grey converse.

About Character
    Relationship status: Single.
    Sexuality: Straight..
    Personality: I'm shy, I keep to myself about a TON of things.. I'm patient and kind.. except for sometimes when things slip out of my mouth by accident.
    Hobbies: Drawing, archery, hiking, horseback riding, reading(not obsessive), and just enjoying nature.
    Background/secret: I was born into a very dysfunctional family as a reject child. Our small cramped house soon became infested with demonic spirits. One day, I stared at a shimmering purple mist, and turned it into a banshee. That night, my father fell ill. As the banshee sung to it, minutes before his death, he told me that one year after his passing I would receive special powers, and to use them wisely. The years up until now, I have used my powers to save my family, and to bring help into this world.
    Powers: Can bring book/movie/anything made up into the real world. Shapeshifter
    Prefered weapon: Bow and arrow.
    Medical disorder: scoliosis.
    Mayday
    Mayday

Post by Mayday Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:31 am

OOC: And I do believe we can begin this thing MWAHAHA. Anywhos, I do plan on there being some NPCs, namely the Elders, so I should probably edit the post derp.

BIC: Sitting on the roof of my barely shingled house (although I suppose it could be called a hut; it's small enough) I have a tradition of watching the sun rise. Not one to sleep, I see no point of spending any time inside. Apart from the necessary three or four hours designated for sleep and maybe some food. But I mean, the sunrise- that's something that only comes about once a day and why waste such an opportunity? The one thing that has been bothering me quite a bit lately has been the darkness I can see shadowing part of the horizon. It's a roiling sort of darkness, creeping closer and closer. I can't imagine how big it must be. All I can tell, really, is that it scares the shite out of me to see such a huge and terrifying threat. For the first time in my life, I feel fear.

"Elder Territa, I have a question." I all but pounce on the woman as she walks by my little hut. She isn't fazed. Her blind, milky eyes look off into the distance as she smiles, patiently waiting for my inquiry.
    "The darkness, on the horizon... can you feel it?" With this she begins looking disturbed. Dammit, I think to myself. Maybe I've taken it a little far. But in the next second really, I think to myself, it doesn't matter. Damn if I'll hesitate asking a question that's been on my mind as of late.
    "Yes." A simple answer, but I can see a shiver run through the old woman's body. My own mirrors it.
    "Thank you." I whisper. She nods her head ever so slightly and walks toward the Elders' house (it's a lot bigger than my hut) while I go back to my spot on my roof, waiting on the rest of the world to wake up. Today we finally meet and talk about this uncomfortable darkness that makes everybody cringe at just the mention of it.

Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:49 am

Danny rested on the floor, starring at the ceiling. His room was empty except for a pot of water and a mat where he slept. He wanted to sleep, but he couldn't last night (which was rather odd for him because the Elder's always said to him that he was sleeping his life away). Today was the day the Elder's called a meeting and when a meeting is called, the outcome usually isn't good. It's not a frequent occasion which made the feeling in Danny's stomach so much worse.

Danny sat up, unable to force himself asleep any more. The thin blanket over him feel to his lap, and Danny shivered as the cool morning air had touched his bare back. He sighed, and rose to his feet. Despite his lack of sleep, Danny still had his morning grogginess. He walked to his pot of water and splashed his face. The cold water helped him to wake up. He clothed himself in his usual attire and left his hut. The village was quiet and many had yet to awaken, or if they were like him, get outside. He was sure he wasn't the only one unable to sleep.

The sun was rising, which was a rare site for Danny, so he took a moment to appreciate it. "Elder," Danny spoke gently and respectfully. Elder Aldric was an older Elder, and Danny's personal mentor. Needless to say, Danny cared for him like a father. "Good morning young one," he smiled, and padded Danny's shoulder. "It is unusual to see you out and about this early in the morn," he teased. Elder Aldric had baled, liver spots, and seemed incapable of doing much. He did, however, still house the spirit of a young man, which is way Danny loved him so. "There's a first for everything, sir." Danny smiled.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:42 pm

I'm interested, but I can't decide which character to use...my supervillain-minded Allomancer and his Feruchemist twin? My Hemalurgic Inquisitor? My Technopathic gadget-guy? My Super-Saiyan Soldier-boy? Hmmm....decisions decisions....
    Mayday
    Mayday

Post by Mayday Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:35 pm

OOC: Decide ya bum and join!
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:57 pm

Echo

A dark figure rocks back and forth, whispering small things that made no sense.

Shhh... They can hear you

A maniacal giggle.

I know, I know... Shhhh...

She watches the sun peak through the dusty air, parting particles in her room. A squeaky bed sits in the corner with a worn teddy bear sitting on the dusted-over sheets. The small figure crawls into the light, the face of a girl with milky white eyes comes into view. She sits on the bed and grabs her teddy bear, and she doesn't seem to even notice one eye was missing, there were tears everywhere.

"It's ok, Kaylem," She says to the teddy bear, hugging it, "Dawn will be back soon."

Dawn

Dawn listened to her sister in the next room over, cringing a bit. Where the spirits bothering her again? She sighs, getting up, her room much cleaner than Echo's. With a long stretch, she throws on clothes and walks downstairs and outside, sitting on the porch. Dawn puts her head between her hands for a moment, taking a deep breath in and then exhales slowly, looking up, her blue eyes shimmering in the light being shed over everything.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:28 pm

"Is there anything you need me to do?" Danny asked, placing his hands in his pockets. The Elder stood there for a moment and though in silence. His gaze motion towards the rising sun and Danny starred at him for a while; he had learnt by now to simply wait for the Elder to speak, rather than interrupt. Elder Aldric stirred and couched before looking back at Danny.

"No, I don't believe there is anything you can do Daniel, nothing of necessity." Danny starred at him a bit surprised. Usually the old man had a number of tasks for him. He must have noticed however, for he continued on. "However, if you would like to be helpful and rather some fresh water for today's meeting, it would be kind of you." He smiled, looking up at Danny. Danny smiled and let out a small chuckle. "Of course sir."

Bowing to the Elder, Danny strode over to the storage home. It was a simple building (white bricks with tin roofing) and had a metal gate covering the only entrance. Inside was no difference save the items the house held. There were many pots and tools and other useful items that the people in the village had at their disposal. It was a real tightly knitted community, so everyone had been in this building at some point or another. For Danny, he came in here mostly for pots. While most people were capable of bringing water from the river back to the village, it was simply easiest for Danny to do it. With five large pots stacked on one another, Danny bent down and lifted them up. They were easy to pick up empty considering they were only clay and his eyes just barely peeked over them. Pots in hand, Danny made his way from the village to the river.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:51 pm

Ok, I think I've decided on the Allomancer and Feruchemist twins....possibly with some Hemalurgic minions. ^_^ I'll post up my bio for approval tomorrow, then once it's approved, I'll do my starting post. Very Happy

BTW...be prepared for a long read. I need to explain precisely what Feruchemy, Allomancy and Hemalurgy actually are. XD
    Mayday
    Mayday

Post by Mayday Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:20 pm

OOC: Oh shite okay Mumu .__. as a note, I am gone for the weekend, possibly until Monday around 9 or 10 pm ET. So I guess continue the role play on without me for a bit yes?

BIC: I stretch my legs and sort of sniff the air (excuse me, but remember I am a shifter- this is natural. So shut it.) I can smell the fresh air and it washes over my like a comforting friend, chasing away the feeling the darkness always brought. The cool breeze bringing the sweet scents of summer, such as the flowers, the living trees and... I look around, narrowing my eyes as I see a few more figures bustling about. I focus in on one, heading out to the river. Danny. I spare one last glance for the now-risen sun and hop off, silent like a cat, and sneak up on the boy.

I focus on slinking, slowly, surely, and end up just shifting into a black spotted leopard. I give a soft huff and wait for him to notice me. This is usually a lot more fun if the prey notices.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:55 am

Dante and Grace are twins, FYI. Very Happy

Dante

-Name: Dante
    -Appearance: Dante stands at about five foot seven, with a lithe, athletic build and a still-youthful face. His features are smooth, perhaps even innocent-looking, his bright blue eyes exhibiting a quality that makes people trust or otherwise underestimate him. His blonde hair is cut short, only the barest of fringes visible on his forehead, and his grin seems to be infectious...although, perhaps his ability to make friends has something to do with his Feruchemical abilities. Again, perhaps because of his Feruchemical abilities, he wears a collection of small, discreet rings, piercings, a few bracelets and a couple of necklaces. Even his watch is used as a Feruchemical device.

-Powers: He's a Feruchemist. What that means is that there are certain metals that he can store different attributes in, if they're in direct contact with him. Feruchemy is the art of balance; if he wishes to become stronger later, he must become weaker for a while in order to store his strength in the bracelet. In order to store a memory in a necklace, for instance, he must forget it now. The amount of time he has being stronger, faster, healthier, more charismatic, etc. is equal to the total amount of time he's spent weaker, slower, sicklier and grumpier respectively. What he can store in a bracelet depends entirely on the metal it's made of;

Iron: Stores Weight. In exchange for decreasing the pull of gravity on them, it increases it at a later date of their choosing.

Steel: Stores Physical Speed. A Feruchemist using this will be physically slower now in exchange for being faster later.

Tin: Stores Senses. A Feruchemist using this will become less sensitive in one of the five senses of his/her choice (sight, hearing, touch, smell, taste) in exchange for heightening that sense later.

Pewter: Stores Strength. A Feruchemist using this will lessen the size of his muscles to increase them later.

Zinc: Stores Mental Speed. A Feruchemist using this will think very slowly in exchange for thinking faster later.

Brass: Stores Warmth. A Feruchemist using this will cool themselves in exchange for being able to warm themselves later by tapping the metalmind.

Copper: Stores Memories. A Feruchemist using this will be able to store memories inside copper, forget it, then will be able to recall it with perfect clarity later while withdrawing it from the metal.

Bronze: Stores Wakefulness. A Feruchemist using this will sleep or be drowsier now in exchange for staying awake longer later.

Cadmium: Stores Breath. A Feruchemist may hyperventilate while storing breath in exchange for eliminating or reducing the need to breathe later on.

Bendalloy: Stores Energy. A Feruchemist using this can consume large quantities of food and store the calories in the metalmind, in exchange for the ability to forgo eating later.

Gold: Stores Health. A Feruchemist using this will feel sick now in exchange for increased regeneration and healing later.

Electrum: Stores Determination. A Feruchemist using this will become depressed in exchange for a manic state when tapping the metalmind.

Chromium: Stores Fortune. A Feruchemist will become unlucky during active storage in exchange for increased fortune later.

Aluminium: Stores Identity. A Feruchemist can store their spiritual sense of self within an aluminium metalmind.

Duralumin: Stores Connection. A Feruchemist can store spiritual connection inside a metalmind, reducing friendship and outside awareness during active storage, in exchange for the ability to quickly form friendships and relationships while tapping.

Atium: Stores Age. A Feruchemist using this will become older now in exchange for become younger later, the same amount of years for the same time.

And that's Feruchemy. Fairly simple, once you know what I'm talking about Smile Yes, it has the ability to make somebody exponentially more powerful, but it has to make them weaker first; balance. ^_^

-Role: Hmm...could they be city dwellers who have these powers and only came to the town a few weeks ago? Given Dante's abilities, it is likely that he will have made friends very quickly, though. But if they arrived a few weeks, maybe a month ago, and nobody else knows that they have powers? Very Happy

Grace

-Name: Grace
    -Appearance: She is tall compared to Dante, standing at just under six feet, with a slender, hourglass figure. She is curvaceous, her figure attracting more than a few wandering eyes, and her long blonde hair falls down about her shoulders and upper back. Her brilliant green eyes stare out of a smooth, delicate face, and like her brother, she too has a slightly innocent look about her...but don't be fooled. She knows exactly what she's doing, and she knows how desirable to many men she is, and is not afraid to use it.

-Powers: Whilst her brother is a Feruchemist, she is an Allomancer; Whereas a Feruchemist stores attributes to use later, an Allomancer "burns" metals that they've ingested to gain abilities. However, whilst a Feruchemist can store these abilities indefinitely, if any metals are left in the Allomancers system at the end of the day, they could end up being very sick the next morning...that's why, before they go to sleep, Allomancers make sure to burn off any remaining metals they have in their system. They also make sure to keep a few vials of metal-mixed-with-water that they can ingest in a pinch if they need to. Whilst Feruchemy is the power of balance, Allomancy is the power of creation; it creates power rather than preserves it. The metals she ingests must either be pure or precisely alloyed, or she could become very ill or even die.

Iron: An Allomancer burning Iron is able to Pull on nearby metals. This can allow them to make metallic objects that weigh less than they do to fly through the air toward them. For metallic objects which weigh more than they do, this can cause them to be pulled toward the object.

Steel: An Allomancer burning Steel is able to "Push" on nearby metals. This can allow them to make metallic objects that weigh less than they do to fly through the air away from them (using coins, for instance, as weapons). For metallic objects which weigh more than they do, this can cause them to be pushed away from the object.

Tin: An Allomancer burning Tin is able to enhance all five of their senses. A major flaw of burning Tin is that if a sudden loud noise or bright light appears it can render an Allomancer stunned for a short time.

Pewter: An Allomancer burning Pewter is able to greatly enhance their physical capabilities. While burning pewter, an Allomancer can fight or perform physical labor longer than any normal person, and is also many times stronger than his or her normal self; this applies not only to their muscle strength, but to the strength of their bones, skin, etc. This enhanced strength also allows an Allomancer to shrug off wounds that would kill or incapacitate a normal person. Pewter-burning also provides an Allomancer with an increased sense of balance and vastly increased speed and dexterity. An Allomancer performing a "pewter drag" can run for many hours at speeds up to approximately that of a galloping horse. This is extremely draining on the Allomancer's body and will require the Allomancer to burn pewter after completing the pewter drag itself, just to keep the person's body from collapsing in near-death exhaustion. One danger for someone burning Pewter is when carrying something that they normally couldn't carry and they run out of the metal, the object they are carrying will crush them, causing serious injury. Another danger is that an Allomancer who shrugged off earlier wounds could succumb to said wounds when they run out of Pewter to burn.

Zinc: An Allomancer burning Zinc is able to inflame the emotions of those nearby. This can be used to incite riots or to enhance any emotion of the target. An Allomancer can affect a single person or all the individuals in a particular area. It can also be used to spike several emotions to achieve the soothing of another, or to get different results.

Brass: An Allomancer burning Brass is able to soothe or guide emotions in a particular direction. An Allomancer can affect a single person or all the individuals in a particular area.
    Copper: An Allomancer burning copper is able to hide themselves and others. The radius of effect around an Allomancer burning copper is known as a "coppercloud". In addition, by burning copper, one is immune to emotional Allomancy (though this immunity is not shared by others within the coppercloud).

Bronze: An Allomancer burning Bronze is able to determine if someone else is using Allomancy in the immediate area. With practice, an Allomancer can determine the location of the other Allomancer, which metal the other Allomancer is burning, and to what extent the other Allomancer is burning his or her metal. An exceedingly powerful Allomancer is able to pierce the "invisibility" of copperclouds.

Cadmium: An Allomancer burning Cadmium can subtly pull on time in a bubble around them, stretching it and making time pass more slowly.
    Bendalloy: An Allomancer burning Bendalloy can subtly push on time in a bubble around them, compressing it and making it pass more quickly.

Gold: Gold allows an Allomancer to see what they might have been if they had made different choices in the past. It is rarely used due to possible severe emotional trauma.

Electrum: An Allomancer burning Electrum is able to see into their own future. Burning Electrum is also an effective means of countering an Allomancer burning Atium.

Chromium: An Allomancer while burning Chromium is able to destroy another Allomancer's metals, just like Aluminium does to one's self.

Nicrosil: An Allomancer burning Nicrosil can cause a target Allomancer currently burning metals to burn them in a brief, intense flash.

Aluminium: A Mistborn that burns Aluminum causes all of their other metal reserves to be drained instantly, leaving them powerless.

Duralumin: A Mistborn that burns Duralumin causes a reaction with any of the other metals they are currently burning to create an exceptionally large flare of the metal, consuming the remaining supply. The exact degree to which duralumin enhances the next metal burned is unknown but appears to be massive.

Atium: This metal allows the Mistborn to see a few seconds into the future, thereby allowing them to anticipate the moves of an opponent. It also enhances the mind to cope with and understand these new insights, effectively turning a Mistborn invincible for a short time. Atium burns very quickly.
    Initially, the only known counter to Atium is to burn it yourself, showing you what the other person will do. This in turn changes what you will do, which changes what the other person will do, creating a confusing "vortex" of Atium shadows. One could also burn Electrum, which creates multiple Atium shadows, though does not allow the burner to see the similar shadows around their opponent.
    If someone burning Atium attacks someone not burning the metal there is a way to combat the Atium-burner. The person being attacked can allow their attacker to begin intercepting their future move before they make it allowing the victim to change what they are doing, and as the attacker is aware that the victim has no atium to burn they will see their victim's Atium shadow "split" into two separate attacks causing a presumably fatal outcome.
    Burning Atium in combination with Duralumin allows a Mistborn to see the ultimate effects of their immediate actions, and act accordingly.

Malatium: Malatium is an alloy of Atium and gold, and when burned it allows an Allomancer to see a vision of possible other lives someone else could have led, and different paths they could have taken.

Lerasium: A greenish metallic bead that allows the burner (which can be anyone) to become an Allomancer. These beads are the source of all Allomancers, and this trait ends up being genetic, whereby the descendants of an Allomancer have a chance of becoming one. These descendants are not born with the ability of Allomancy, and will show no signs until some traumatic event causes them to 'snap' thereby allowing them the ability to burn allomantic metals. Pure Lerasium when ingested will turn the user into an Allomancer.

-Role: Same as her brother; an new arrival in town, with unknown (evil) goals. Very Happy

Also, they have minions. Yep, they have minions, though they are under strict orders not to appear in public. They use them to steal things, kill people, cause chaos and generally do evil stuff. If they meet one out and about, they'll either flee or - if the people they're with know they have powers - do their best to fight them to maintain their cover. The Inquisitors - their minions - are generally more immediately powerful than the twins, which is why they built in a weakness; there is a spike in the center of the back of Inquisitors. Removing that will kill him or her. Of course, decapitation or otherwise mutilation of the head works too.
    Inquisitors use Hemalurgy to gain their abilities. How Hemalurgy works is a metal spike is driven through the heart of somebody else - it is more powerful if using an Allomancer or Feruchemist, but a normal human works perfectly fine, too - and generally into the inquisitor himself to give him their abilities. Once the spike is driven through the victims heart, it begins to lose potency, which is why the spikes are usually driven through the victim and directly into the Inquisitor. Allomancy creates power, Feruchemy preserves it, and Hemalurgy destroys it. Inquisitors, with enough spikes, can become massively powerful, however, since they have the powers of multiple Allomancers or Feruchemists.
    Inquisitors have two large metal spikes driven through their eyes, but this gives them massive sensual advantages; they can see in any light, and anything with even the barest hint of metal shows up in their vision. Given that iron runs through everybody's blood...they can see you, whether you're hiding or not. It also looks terrifying.

Hemalurgical spikes and what they do;

Iron: Steals human strength.

Steel: Steals Allomantic physical powers (Iron, Steel, Tin, Pewter).

Tin: Steals human senses.

Pewter: Steals Feruchemical physical powers.

Brass: Steals Feruchemical mental powers.

Zinc: Steals human emotional fortitude (increases resistance to soothing or rioting).

Copper: Steals human mental fortitude (increases immunity to mental attacks/manipulation).

Bronze: Steals Allomantic mental powers (Bronze, Copper, Zinc and Brass).

Aluminium: Steals Allomantic enhancement powers (Aluminium, Duralumin, Chromium, Necrosil)

Atium: Steals Allomantic temporal powers (EG. Atium, Bendalloy, etc).

The Inquisitors tend to be tall, muscular and very sadistic and arrogant...perhaps with good reason. Although, a powerful soothing or rioting on them can render them under the users control, but at great effort. Usually it requires a Duralumin-fueled push to achieve this. Due to the necessary murders required to get Inquisitors of any decent quality, there are two currently under the twins control each with six spikes. The two in their eyes, the one in their spine, two in the chest and one at the base of the neck/top of the back.

The Inquisitors, named "Bruce" and "Jacob" have the following upgrades: the two iron spikes in their eyes give them triple the strongest humans strength and toughness, meaning that they can rival even a superpowered person. They each have a tin spike driven through their backs, giving them keener senses. A copper spike is embedded in their left pectorals, giving them greater mental fortitude, and an Atium spike in their right pectorals gives them the Temporal Allomantic abilities, provided they have ingested those metals. Finally, the steel spike at the top of their spines give them the Allomantic physical powers (Steel, Iron, etc). Of course, if you remove three or four of these spikes rather than the one on their back, they die. They're difficult to take down, but by no means impossible.

Aaaaaand that's it. In reality, I have two regular characters and two minions...I just needed to explain how their powers work. Smile

So, before I post my opening post, are these characters acceptable?
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:53 pm

Dawn shot up from her seat and began to run, her feet flying across the pavement. She ran through the forest and down to the river. She strips down, her clothes flying and with a deep breath she jumped right into the river.

A cold surge blasted through her body as she submerged herself in the refreshing water. She tilted her head up and surfaced, a smile displaying on her face.

Her eyes met with the sight of a boy, about 19 and her cheeks go red with embarrassment.

No one normally came to this spot so early in the morning. Her arms wrapped around her body, covering herself up. She lets out a nervous laugh and chews on her lower lip, unable to speak.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:21 pm

Danny continued to walk in peace. For the most part that is. Along the well worn path, Danny heard the snap of rather large branch. He paused for a moment, surprised at the sound, before chuckling to himself and continuing on his original path. "Good morning to you too May," Danny spoke out to her, reaching the river. He was the eldest of the children and has had more than enough time to learn all their tricks and preferences. He wasn't the most powerful there, so he often relied on his own knowledge to help him. After all, waterbending was not about attacking. It was about the flow of thing and using your enemy to your advantage. "Lepoards, though dangerous, are not found in this area, but I admire the attempt," he spoke gleefully to her as he placed the four clay pots down seperatly in front of the river. Danny found that he sometimes spoke like Elder Aldric, but when you admire someone, it's hard not too.

Unlike a lot of other rivers in North America filled with pollution and garbage, this river seemed untouched by the rest of man kind. A deep yet clear shade of blue. Fish running down the river. Other animals often coming by to enjoy the cool liquid. As clean as it seemed though, you can never be too careful, so the village always cleaned the water (through boiling and cooling) before drinking.

The sun had risen a good amount since Danny had waken up. Easily clearing the tree line which was nice. There were clouds in the sky, but none seemed to interfer with the sunlight for now. In the distance, Danny was a figure swimming... Nude. He smiled, before throwing and hand firmly in the air. Water seemed to explode around the girl in a mist covering most of her body not already covered by the water. "Did you lose your clothes again Dawn? Come on! We drink this water!" He joked with her, his voice echoing into the distance of the forest. Through the teasing, Danny was rather happy to have the company. Growing up with most of them, Danny had acted like they were siblings. He loved the feeling of a family, even though they might not always see it that way.

Danny then stood with his feet shoulder length apart. He closed his eyes as he breathed in deeply, before opening them and moving. His left arm moved up then back down in a windmill like motion (his torso following him). A large tubelike stream of water rose from the lake and moved towards the first clay pot. However, before it could reach the pot, the tube spit into two parts and filled both clay pots to the brim on Danny's left side. He dropped his position and the tubelike water dropped to the ground as if nothing happened. Danny did the same for the right two pots, filling both up to the brim. Once finished, he waved his hand over all pots and a layer of ice appeared above them to stop the water from spilling out.

"I'm heading back to the village. Y'all are welcome to come if you want," Danny spoke to back to them. He jumped into the air and landed on one knee, lifting both hands above his head. All four pots rose from the ground and hover in their spot. Danny rose from his knee, but kept his hands in the same position. As he walked back to the village, the pots followed in a perfect line.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:51 pm

Yeah, I'll post as soon as my bio is approved ^_^
    PaintedEye
    PaintedEye

Post by PaintedEye Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:34 pm

Adaliea woke up to see what she would normally see; herself laying on a small, worn out mattress. An old, dull, quilt covered her body in the wintertime. But, this was folded up, and used as a pillow for now. On the opposite side of the small cube-like room, was a dresser and a small mirror. The dresser was wooden, and 3 sectioned. In the top drawer contained her undergarments, and sleep-wear. In the second, it was home to her pants, and shorts. The third held her shirts. In the far corner across from Adaliea's bed, was a counter with a large basin embedded into it. This basin held water, which was replaced every morning, and every night. At the bottom of it was a drain, that led to the outside of her home. Next to the basin, was a bucket that replaced the water.
    She got out of bed, and ran her fingers through her dark smooth hair. Her hair was soon collected, and braided to the side, and out of her face. Slowly, Adaliea made her way to her dresser. She changed out of her pajamas and put on a pair of khaki shorts, and a green, short sleeved t-shirt.
    The Sun peered in through the small window. When the Sun made its appearance in the window, Adaliea was sure that her house was rid of spirits, until nightfall. She walked over to the square-shaped window, and opened it just a crack, to let in cool, morning air inside.
    Adaliea walked outside, on the same, worn out, path that she did everyday. She greeted friends, family, and those who had passed on this very trail, before. Today was different. The air was thin, refreshing, and not too humid. Adaliea knew that today might be a good day, and smiled.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:32 pm

"Did you lose your clothes again Dawn? Come on! We drink this water!"

"I didn't lose them, I just.... I needed to..." She stuttered a bit with a growl as he bends the water around her.

She stuttered a bit, and sighed, lifting herself out of the water and her clothes float over to her and she dresses herself and walks back with him towards town, wringing out her hair as she does so.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:09 am

Ooc: Eh, I'm just gonna jump right in and wait for approval later, since this thing could move quite quickly in the meantime ^_^

IC:

The light streams through the curtains into Grace and Dante's shared bedroom, illuminating it in a somewhat ethereal way as the wan sunlight manages to penetrate the thin layer of cloth attempting to block its way. Grace stirs, unwilling to get up, but she knows she must; they have things to do today, and they can rarely get much more of a lie in than they already have. Sighing, she heaves herself up, swinging her legs over the side of her bed and pulling herself to her feet, stretching a little as she does so. She sleeps in the nude, for the most part, but she isn't ashamed of it. The most she does is grab a towel from the cabinet and wrap it around herself, ready for her shower.
    She's about to yell at Dante and tell him to get up, but when she looks behind her at the bed they share, she realises that he's not there; His side of the bed is ruffled and a little messybut empty. She sighs, shaking her head...there goes the ability to downplay her lie-in.

She sets about her morning routine - brushing her teeth, getting a shower, etc etc - and pulls on her clothes for the day. A pair of tight fitting blue jeans with a black belt - with plenty of room for hidden vials of metal in the supposedly decorative pouches - and a too-small t-shirt that ends just above her belly button. She brushes her golden hair into the curls that men seem to like - she's beautiful, and she takes full advantage of that - and puts her make up on. Not a lot, just a basic foundation with some lipstick and light eye shadow, to accentuate the features of her face that she wants attention drawn to. While she's doing that, she takes a sip from a glass of slightly murky water that's sitting on the sink. As soon as she swallows, a reserve appears in her stomach, and she cautiously burns it; she always does this, just to make sure that her powers are working ok, and to give herself a little experimental work out at the beginning of the day.

The metal that she's burning is tin, and by burning it she can hear muffled talking from the living room; she can't make out what is being said, but she knows that there are at least two people in that room. Dante and...well, somebody else. If she knew what they were saying, she'd be able to tell exactly who he's talking to.
    She sighs, stretching again, before wandering out into the sitting room. Her walk is graceful, much like her name, and as she walks she perhaps purposefully moves her body in an enticing way, swaying just the right things at the right time to send across a...message, as it were. It's good to get in the habit of that sort of thing when you're a gorgeous supervillain...it makes people so unwilling to believe that you're evil. Besides, it attracts all the best looking guys, and she does enjoy....giving them what they want.

Dante looks around as she enters, having heard her as she moved in. Not surprising, given that he is probably using his Tin reserves to hear if anybody is eavesdropping on the conversation...the conversation has stopped, and she caught a glimpse as she came in of two large, six foot figures exiting the room and headed to the basement, where the secret passage out of the house and to a nondescript locale outside the village lies. It means that nobody sees the Inquisitors leave their house and links them to the twins...a basic precaution. Dante himself is wearing his usual clothing; a plain black pair of jeans and a dark blue polo shirt, with his blonde hair messed around into spikes. He really does look like a little kid...it's when he looks like that - like he's 15 - that she feels a little guilty, but that is a short lived guilt when she reminds herself that it's only during the day he looks like that...he stores his Age in the Atium earring he is wearing in his ear, and uses it to look more innocent and youthful than he appears. He certainly doesn't act young with her.

Dante smiles at her sweetly, his innocent-looking face beaming up perhaps a little childishly, even though his posture - one of lounging, relaxed superiority - contradicts that expression. She glowers at him.
    "You should have woken me," she huffs, pouting a little playfully.
    "Whyever would I do that?" he asks teasingly, "You looked so peaceful and relaxed, I would've hated to wake you." He pauses, and beckons for her to come closer. She drops her pout and smiles at him, walking closer and placing a hand on the arm of the chair. "You had a late - and exhausting - night last night. You deserved to sleep it off."
    She pouts again, playfully this time. "It's nothing I couldn't handle..." she protests.
    He smiles again. "I don't doubt it, Sweet Sister, but nonetheless, you were shattered when we got home."
    "But what about the meeting?"
    "It was a short one. I can handle these meetings on my own...all they needed was a target and a time. Anything else, they can handle themselves."
    She looks at the door that they left through, musing silently. The silence stretches, and before long she can feel Dante's hand on hers, where it's sitting on the arm of the chair. Before she can react, he's grasped her arm gently but firmly, and pulled her down onto his lap. She gasps then, as she realises what's happened, giggles girlishly despite herself and hits his chest playfully.

"Don't do that!" she laughs, shaking her head.
    "Why not? Your face had the most serious expression on it, I just couldn't let it remain..." he nuzzles at her neck affectionately, and she closes her eyes, trembling a little. After a few seconds, she shakes her head and pushes him away gently.
    "Not now, we have work to do..." she says, perhaps a little reluctantly. Dante doesn't frown or complain; he merely nods his head in agreement.
    "You're right," he sighs, pushing her off his lap slowly before standing up himself. "We need to go." He walks straight past her and up to the front door. He retrieves the key from his pocket, slides it into the door, unlocks and opens it. He turns back to Grace. "Are you coming or not?" He teases. She rolls her eyes and walks past him out of the door, not waiting for him to catch up; he will, once he's locked the door. For now, she keeps an eye on the people that call themselves their 'friends;' they've only been here a few weeks, but thanks to Dante's DuraluminMind, they have made some friends rather quickly. He only used it to kickstart the process...after overcoming the residents initial distrust of city-dwellers, since they're such delightful people, it was fairly easy to gain some amount of trust. Grace gets the feeling that these people are hiding something, but they will discover what it is in good time.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:06 am

The walk back to the village was just a peaceful as the walk from. Animals were more active and the forest seemed to be alive, which was relaxing in the same way. The four large pots of water didn't bother Danny either. At this point, he has become skilled and strong enough to bend more water and maintain the positions. Perhaps a few years ago, this would have been difficult for him, but it was just like taking a walk now. When he arrived back at the village, he drops his hands and the four pots rest outside the storage building. He waves his hand over the pots again and the ice melts, as if it was never there. This water should be enough for today's meeting. He'll have to let Elder Aldric know that the water was here. To be honest, Danny wasn't quiet sure when the meeting was or what would be covered - Elder Aldric never revealed that to him - be he assumed that if he was informed of the meeting, he would be called to it.

Danny wandered through the village casually. His hands were stuffed in his pocket and there was a slight grin on his face. That was until he saw Grace walking out of her house. He stopped, and despite his better knowledge not to, he stared. The grin just grew on his face as he watched. It was more than fair to say that Danny had a crush on Grace. The way she moved her body and presented herself just got Danny going whenever he saw her. He had only known her for the couple of weeks they were here (her and Dante). They were both nice people, and although they were city-dwellers, Danny seemed quick to trust them. The crush didn't help either, but it's a crush, he couldn't help it!
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:24 am

As she walks down the path of their house - it is theirs, given that their parents...aren't around anymore - she notices Danny out of the corner of her eye. Of all the people that they've met in the last couple of weeks, he was the first one to welcome them and one of the most devoted to her. It's amusing, in a way...of course, whenever a guy appears that they can use (or that she takes a fancy to) she will often reach out and play with their emotions subtly to stoke the fires of desire...nothing massive, just a nudge here or there over the course of a few days, so that when she does suggest something, they usually jump at the chance. Danny, however, is different; he is a very good looking guy, and a little more interesting than the rest...but that's probably just because when she reached out to riot and soothe the necessary emotions, she found that she didn't need to; he's wanted her since the moment he saw her...that does happen, of course, but it never ceases to interest her. So she's left his emotions alone, if only out of a curiosity as to where it will lead. Perhaps she'll manipulate him further down the line, but for the moment, she has no reason to.

"Don't look now," Dante murmurs in her ear, "but your puppy has caught your scent..." although he says it with a smile and a joke, Grace has a feeling that there's something more to that comment; she grins slightly, shaking her head.
    "Dear Brother, is that jealousy I hear in your voice? Jealous of me, or jealous of him?"
    "I am not jealous, Sweet Sister," he protests light-heartedly, "Simply bemused..."
    Grace doesn't answer, only chuckling under her breath as they reach the end of their front garden. She turns on the spot, and immediately heads over to Danny, giving him her signature smile. That smile has gotten many men before him more than a little flustered; it's not only friendly and inviting, the smile spreading up to her eyes, but also more than a little sultry and seductive from the way her eyes half-close, meaning that she's looking at him from beneath her eyelashes. Her body angles towards him, and she leans in a little, not even having to try and make herself seem interested. For good measure, though, she brings her hand up and starts to play with her hair idly.

"Hey there, Danny," she says lightly, "How are you today?" The amused, inviting smile never leaves her face. She thinks she can hear a slightly exasperated chuckle come from Dante, who is just approaching them from behind her, but she ignores it, her eyes staying riveted on Danny.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:39 am

The morning was quite peaceful, Dawn's mind began to wander. Dawn sighed as she saw Grace bound up, it was obvious Danny had a crush on her. She smiles to Grace with a nod.

"I... I better be going." She says, sucking in a small breath and she waves to Dante, "Morning."

She turns on her heels, her damp hair began to curl and frame her face. Echo suddenly appeared right next to Dawn, tugging on Dawn's damp shirt.

"You went swimming." Echo says flatly and Dawn smiles.

"Well good morning to you too," Dawn sighs, kneeling down to Echo's level, brushing her hair out of her milky white eyes.

Echo listens to the others, her head turning towards the direction and she smiles a bit, "H-Hello, Danny...Grace..." She plays with Kaylem, her teddy bear, and shakes her head a bit with a yawn.

Dawn stands, holding out her hand for Echo to hold and Echo grips on.

"Dawn... Can we get a puppy some day?" Echo asks, and Dawn freezes for a moment.

"If we have the money to take care of it..." She says hesitantly, not wanting to get her sister's hopes up.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:15 pm

Grace toyed to with Danny. She fluttered her eyes, swayed her hips, and smiled so invitingly, Danny couldn't help but blush - much to the embarrassment of himself, which didn't help. "Bye Dawn," he said to her. He meant it genuinely, but he couldn't get his eyes off of Grace. "I'll see you later today, yeah?" he called out as Dawn moved away and Grace moved closer.

Danny coughed and tried to shrug off his feelings pretending to be cool. He had never felt this way before with someone, so he didn't quiet know how to react. But from what little he knew, girls liked cool, ergo Danny acting (or trying too for that matter) cool. "Morning Grace. I'm good." He smiled. The blush was coming back. Smooth. Danny thought to himself disappointedly. "Uh, I just went to go pick up some water... for the... village..." He finished his sentence in a mumble as he realized what he had just said had no reference to her question. "You look great today Grace!" He said excitedly, trying to change the subject. Danny was used to making a fool of himself, but this was different.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:33 pm

Dante inclines his head in acknowledgement, raising his hand in a partial wave to the departing Dawn. Dawn isn't a bad looking girl [RL note; Michelle Trachenburg is in my top ten hottest celebrities XD], but beyond that, he knows almost nothing about her. It doesn't help that she always leaves when they're around...he has a few theories for that;
    1) She distrusts them,
    2) She likes Danny and is uncomfortable when he is around Grace, who he obviously has a thing for, or
    3) She likes Dante and is embarrassed around him.

Of course, without further data, he cannot come up with a conclusion. Unfortunately, mind reading is not among his talents, and he can only store in his CopperMind memories or observations that he has either seen or heard about second hand...so for now, they will stay simply as theories. Dawn departs, though, along with that somewhat creepy young girl - it isn't just her milky eyes, but the way that her blind face seems to follow you around, like a creepy old painting that shouldn't be able to see, yet somehow does...if he didn't know any better, he'd say that she's got some kind of ability that lets her see, after a fashion, but maybe that's just his own paranoia talking.

He stays silent, however, as Grace toys with Danny. Grace notices his blush and his stammering, but she politely ignores it, secretly reveling in his discomfort and awkwardness. She loves making otherwise collected men turn into jibbering piles of desire. It's one of her more enjoyable and socially acceptable hobbies.
    "Really?" She asks with interest, "That must be a lot of water..." her eyes turn an equal mix of sympathetic and impressed. "That must have been a lot of effort..." she steps closer, placing her hand delicately on his arm, running up and down it, as if feeling for something. "You must be...very strong...." she looks him up and down openly, and uses her new vantage point so close to him to look at him innocently...but in a way that suggests that such innocence is a cover for something else. She's about to step it up a notch, when Dante clears his throat.
    "That's quite enough, Grace," he says, a little mirth lacing his voice...but tinged with something else. "You're making the poor man uncomfortable."
    She shoots him a look - not entirely playful - but has to hold back some laughter as well...well, she's learnt how far he's willing to let her go with another man...well, in front of him, anyway. She smiles sweetly. "No need to get jealous, Dear Brother," she says, kissing him lightly on the cheek. He rolls his eyes.
    "I am not jealous, Sweet Sister, but I would appreciate it if you refrain from doing that sort of thing in front of me...I am, after all, your older brother."
    She snorts. "By a few minutes!"
    "Regardless."

She shakes her head, and turns back to Danny, offering an apologetic smile. "Doesn't the village have running water?" she asks, as if the previous five minutes hadn't happened...but she keeps the same stance as before, interested and more than a little flirtatious.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:11 am