Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

+2
Danny
Mayday
6 posters

Humanity can be quite meddlesome (Open Roleplay)

Mayday
    Mayday

Humanity can be quite meddlesome (Open Roleplay) - Page 6 Empty Humanity can be quite meddlesome (Open Roleplay)

Post by Mayday Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:04 pm

First topic message reminder :

Basic plot:

On the outskirts of an over-populated, crowded city there lies a village. This is a little village, with only a few houses scattered around what is basically a large field with some gravel roads and one general convenience store in the middle. Normal citizens from the city dare not creep here, for the tales of madmen and the ghosts that haunt this place surround it and engulf it in a security blanket of sorts. The truth, of course, is yours to discover. In this little village, there lives a select community of people, all with powers. Most are teenagers, with there only being a few elders to guide them on their way. There are also ghosts; the paranormal beings who foretell strange occurrences and, this time, have predicted the end of the world. It's a heavy burden to bear for these teenagers, but now they're all set to battle with the darkness slowly rolling across the land (think of The Neverending Story). This blackness brings with it demonic entities that shriek and can scare the living daylights out of you. Not only do these people have to deal with this doomsday stuff, but meddling citizens of the city as well. And some of these meddling people can cause more havoc than good.

Roles (just expand upon these at your whim):
    The teenage mutant/superpeople: Danny, May, Adaliea, Dawn, Echo, Dante, Grace
    The Elders:
    The ghosties:
    Refugees from villages destroyed by this Darkness: Kristina
    Meddling city dwellers:
    NPCs: Elder Aldric, Elder Territa

WARNING- I haven't role played in god knows how long, which may explain how shitty my posts may or may not be. Please, if you decide to join, bear with me. That is all.

Mayday OVER AND OUT

Last edited by Mayday on Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:46 pm; edited 5 times in total
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Humanity can be quite meddlesome (Open Roleplay) - Page 6 Empty Re: Humanity can be quite meddlesome (Open Roleplay)

Post by Murdoch Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:42 am

Well, that's part of the fun Razz No, I agree; I was planning on finishing it once Grace and Danny have come back and hit The Inquisitor from the side. Very Happy

But I know it's confusing...these abilities come from a book series where the powers are all visible and affect mostly other Allomancers...so I've had to adapt them for usage in a world where Allomancy isn't the only ability, since if they only affect other Allomancers, what's the point in me using those powers? XD
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Humanity can be quite meddlesome (Open Roleplay) - Page 6 Empty Re: Humanity can be quite meddlesome (Open Roleplay)

Post by Burn It Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:09 pm

OOC- I apologize for the wait guys, the other night when I planned to post something came up. I couldn’t yesterday because I got home at 3am from a concert.. And for that reason, I warn you in advance of the sloppiness that my next post may be. I uh.. Am still pretty out of it. Thank God I don’t work today.

BIC-

Can’t say I didn’t expect to get deflected, or knocked around a bit. Physically hitting him myself wasn’t exactly part of the plan.. It would have just been a little bonus. No matter though.. The thing about being this charged is you take less damage in comparison to the average human. Being tossed around like a rag doll like I was earlier.. Was not going to happen twice. At least for the time being. Taking only some damage, I can keep my hold on the windstrike.. What, no third hit? All this thought going on in split seconds while I for those seconds lay motionless in the air by the creature after being struck. Still nice and close to him? Good.

While his attention was taken towards his upcoming targets, the minor distraction of half a second was all I needed. In sort of a folded body position from taking the knee to the torsoe, my back in the air and my head facing downwards, I spun clockwise so that my feet would be in the direct of crashing right into him. The windstrike changed positions.. Moved at the speed you’d think it simply teleported to where I needed it to now be. And so, in the second the thing had it’s eyes on the other two, I kicked the spike in it’s right eye position, at the same time the wind strike struck the same place. What would be a useless physical attack from my own body was amplified into being hit by a two ton object. Using that impact as well, I shot off from the creature’s body and up into the air above it about 50 feet.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:46 pm

Ooc: Sorry, Kristie, but you don't seem to get the point of Atium...he can see exactly what's going to happen before it happens. XD

IC:

The Weathermancer surprises him; instead of flying off into the distance, she stays suspended in the air after his attacks, as if she simply shrugged it off....perhaps he needs to be rougher with her next time. About half a second before everything happens, the shadows appear, telling him precisely what's going to happen...though it still makes it difficult to avoid. The only way to avoid it is to drop away from the attack....so that's what he does. Just as the shadow of the ball of stuff - wind, most likely - shoots into his eye, he ducks, twisting in the air and Steelpushing on a location somewhere behind him, at the same moment that her feet shadow goes through the same spot. Her feet and the windstrike hit the very bottom of his back instead, but don't move him; his Steelpush is far too strong for that. She does, however, shoot off somewhere else...which he can see as he turns, thanks to his Tin-enhanced senses. The other two are still a way off...so maybe he should teach this Weathermancer what an Inquisitor burning Atium can do.
    Steelpushing, he streaks after her, adding more Steelpushes to the equation to speed himself up, flaring it hard to increase the power. They're about matched for speed, until he flares again, and he catches her as soon as she stops, grabbing her on the way past. Instead of holding back - her new power level allows her to sustain more punishment, it seems - he lets his full strength out, flaring Pewter to increase his strength from 30 times to 300 times a normal mans strength, raining down blows wherever he can reach; face, arms, stomach, chest, groin, everywhere - whilst simultaneously deflecting any attacks she cares to throw his way, courtesy of the Atium. As they reach the Zenith of their flight, he grins nastily and Ironpulls, hard, sending them streaking back to Earth with irresistible force as they hurtle to the ground, his steel grip still clasped firmly on her.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:33 pm

OOC- I'm not an idiot. I understand the point of the metal quite clearly, actually. But what do you expect the rest of us to? I'm sorry.. But they're fighting something that is CERTAIN to deflect anything you do.. Doesn't make for a very interesting roleplay from our end. It's really boring, and obnoxious. I'm sorry to be such a bitch about it.. But I don't see the point in any of us attacking in a fixed fight.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:39 pm

I know, which is why I only use Atium now that he is outnumbered three or four to one. Atium burns extremely quickly, which is why pretty much in the next post, it's gonna run out...it's also extremely rare, which was also explained earlier. I know it's a pain, which is why I don't intend to use it unless in extreme circumstances, when the characters would deem using a rare substance acceptable to get themselves out of a pickle. I never said you were an idiot, Kristie, and you of all people should know that I would never GM excessively. Trust me, seriously.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:56 pm

OOC- Well although this is not GM, it's borderline. It's just been very frustrating to want to post in the last little bit because no matter what we do, we're not allowed for it to follow through because of the Atium. It needs to be toned down, please. You said it's going to run out in the next post? Before or after we attack? I'm just really not interested in posting a fourth useless attack post.

My bitching will stop after this last thing.. That windstrike effected him like a mosquito bite. Kristie is not THAT weak.. I thought I said that..
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:00 pm

Kristie, I understand, I do, but please calm down and trust me. You know me; have I ever gone overboard, save in my very first RP's? I was going to have it as a surprise, but since you ask, it's going to run out at a...most inconvenient time for The Inquisitor, which will be part of the reason that he withdraws. And suffice to say, after this squandering, he will not be trusted with another load of Atium. This is the last you'll see of it for a while, especially given that Dante can't use it (well, he can, but in a much different way).
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:06 pm

OOC- This has been overboard Murdoch.. That’s my issue. I do trust you, I’ve RP’ed with you many, many times. And I can honestly admit I never, not once, got this frustrated.

I’ll post in a moment, and just put it in this post as edit instead of another space killer.

BIC-

Not nearly how I planned that to go.. But, I suppose it could have gone much, much worse. He is getting predictable however, not sure why.. But his creativity in his attacks are really lacking. Flying.. Lifting.. Floating, whatever he does, he shot up straight to where I was. And I chose not to run away, when it clear he was approaching.. Why? Because that would defeat my plan. If he does what I’m sure he will.. I can handle whatever he’s got for a short time, until I’m ready.

And so he does; a good senseless beating.. A lot stronger of blows than what I’m use to taking from him, however. He’s substantially.. Incredibly stronger than he was about a minute ago. Power ups? Must be.. I wonder how big a stash of them he has, or how long they last at a time. That does that they can burn out, so whatever he’s doing isn’t permanent.. Maybe. A blow to nearly every part of my body, and things really.. Began to ache. I was strong for the moment, but I still was not at my own full power. They did a good toll on me.. But why bother attacking? I took them, each and every hit he struck me with. I didn’t move, didn’t react, just waited for each of them to be done with until he gave up and moved onto what I knew he would do.. I could almost smile, but I needed to make sure this would work first.

In his own grip we shot towards the Earth at twice a bullet’s speed.. Me beneath him, of course. I tried to concentrate on my next move.. but the blows had done a lot more damage than I thought. If he could get this strong, why not do this earlier? Surely at how strong we all were 10 minutes, he could have easily ended us.. More towards my theory. If he has this much of whatever power-ups he’s carrying.. ‘preserving’ them shouldn’t be an issue. A two minute beating with this much power at nearly defenseless mutants – I really do hate using that word – and it could have all been over with. He’s a dog, being controlled.

Anyways, back to the pain my body was screaming from. Bad.. But where I come from, if this could make us loose complete focus, we’d be pretty useless soldiers. It wasn’t easy.. But I could still do it. And if I can’t? Well, either he’ll just beat me some more, or he’ll finally kill me. The options weren’t really something you could avoid.

Just when we got close enough to the Earth, I managed to maneuver my head so as to look straight to where his eyes would be.. And I guess are? Under the massive spikes. There’s nothing to be smug about in the time being.. But I’m really good at lying. I waved at the creature just before.. Poof. A figure only of the wind once again. I was somewhat shocked I did it that quickly, to be honest. But I’m definitely not complaining! Now, you can’t hold something that’s not physically there? His grip disappeared on me, and he shot right through me, and once I was on the other side of him, above his back.. I followed him downwards but kept a very good distance from him. I wouldn’t risk attacking him in this state, and preserve my energy to keeping me a part of the wind until I wanted to hit him. Let’s let him focus on some else first.. But I’d stay close.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:24 pm

Ooc: I know, I know...it's difficult to control one character who's supposed to be tough enough to take on these three or four "mutants" on his own and not godmod...it's about finding the balance, and I've never been able to get to this stage with the other characters with similar abilities. But I think that, in future, it will be easier to strike that balance. As it is, the Atium has run out now (or near enough), and you've discovered one of his weaknesses; arrogance and, therefore, predictability. I do apologise for going overboard, and it won't happen again.

Ic:

The girl...disappears. Again. He sees it a moment before it happens, but he can't do anything to stop it. If he had eyes, he would have blinked in surprise, but there is no time for that...he Steelpushes as hard as he can on what he was previously Ironpulling on, slowing his descent enough to reposition his body before impact. He flares his pewter...and crashes with a resounding crack into the ground, throwing up rock and dust and dirt everywhere. Dante, who was en route, is forced back by the sudden barrage of rubble and debris and smoke thrown into the atmosphere, and puts his arm up to shield his face, temporarily stopping the draw from his Pewtermind.

Where The Inquisitor landed, a large crater is now visible, stretching several feet across in either direction with The Inquisitor kneeling in the center, smoke rising off his body. He straightens, staring around impassively. That was...interesting. And the bad news is, his Atium reserves are getting dangerously low. He has enough for maybe twenty more seconds of fighting...and this lot are not worth it. He stops his Atium burning and reaches down to dust himself off as he watches the group carefully. The Weathermancer is nowhere to be seen, the Shifter is still streaking towards him from wherever she went during his scuffle in the air, and Dante is standing a way away from him, watching him with his patented neutral expression. Something else, too...his tin-enhanced senses can detect two more people approaching, Grace definitely being one of them...he climbs out of the crater gracefully, keeping an eye on everybody. Grace - as he predicted - soon arrives, dropping beside Dante in a ready pose, and he can tell from her increased grace and poise that she is burning pewter. His mouth tightens. His metals are running low, and his mission here is complete...and judging by the look on Dante's face, he is not impressed with The Inquisitors performance. He predicts a chewing out later.

Growling, he drops a coin onto the floor in front of him and shoots away, backwards and away from the rapidly swelling collection of metahumans facing him. A short way away, he Ironpulls himself down onto the ground, removes a manhole cover and drops through it into the sewer system, replacing the cover and disappearing into the labyrinth beneath the town. Dante stops drawing on his metalminds, and Grace stops burning. They rub themselves down - though their powers allow them to ignore aches when they happen, they're still there later on - and look around. Interesting intel...but now they have to explain themselves to the locals. Not good.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:13 pm

ooc - Just a smaller post.

bic - It took a while for Danny to make it to the battle. With his injuries, it took him more time than he would of liked. From rooftop to rooftop Danny jumped, using water to aid him across the jumps (an extra boost, an easier landing, etc.). The closer he got though, the more water he collected for the battle he predicted he was going to be in. To his surprise and, surprisingly enough, chagrin, Danny made it only seconds before he watched the large, beastly man run away from the group. Things didn't look good. Buildings where ruined or completely destroyed, roads and paths were unusable, and a lot of people got injured. Danny rose his hands gently as water from the roof slide down to touch the ground. When in place, Danny clenched his fists and the water turned to ice. He walked onto the ice and, with the help of his bending, slide down smoothly and simply. The same could not be said for his landing as he stumbled and fell to one knee. He clutched his injured ankle and grunted from the pain. Once it subsided, he rose to both feet and slowly made his way to Grace and Dante. "Why is he leaving?" Danny asked confused, continuing to make his way over. He looked for the new girl, who had completely vanished, and May. "Where is everyone? Are they okay?" Danny asked a bit more demanding.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:25 pm

OOC- Thank you, Murdoch. I’m sorry as well, for how I made my case. Frustrated, yes, but I could have gone about it in a much better way.. Instead I was a real bitch about the situation. I didn’t mean to come off as so hostile, which I’m noticing now I was.. I’m sorry.

BIC-

HA. Right into the dirt! Now.. I was expecting his reflexes to stop that from happening. A little too easy, if you ask me. He’s dodged much more difficult things than just not slamming into the dirt. But.. Whatever, I don’t care. It was nice to see his own strength kick his ass for once, instead of mine. And what do you know! The other two that decided to leave the three of us here with the Inquisitor have shown up again.. Just as it runs off? Are you, serious? It ran away from us? Because now there’s five, instead of three? So maybe it isn’t so invincible.. If it fears us like that. Or perhaps.. it was called back? It would fit my theory that it wasn’t ‘allowed’ to kill any of us.. But, there is only one problem with this entire theory still. If it wasn’t allowed to kill us, why was it here? What could it have possibly gained by beating us senseless, then taking off? Information? Or maybe it was just some sadistic hobby.. Time to share I think.

I breezed my way over to a spot on the Earth, in the middle of where everyone stood, all with different expressions on their faces. At least we’re all alive, right? I reappeared, standing there.. An odd look of calmness on my face. I guess it was just a nice feeling to not have a fist that felt like a brick wall flying at my back. I wish we could have captured the thing.. I mean, with five of us here, we would have had a good chance at bringing it down. Just so I could ask it a couple questions.. Oh well I suppose.

“Alright, before we all start relaxing.. There are some things that clearly need to get onto the table,” I asked, and then paused to inhale deeply. Just a couple more minutes Kristie.. Chin up, “Firstly, what exactly in the seven Hells was that?” I paused again, breathed heavily and looked at Danny and May with a very weird-ed out look on my face, “Secondly, are you guys use to strange visitors like that? Honestly! You guys seem peaceful enough..” Final pause, a great exhale, and I turned towards Dante. I walked towards him, and put out my hand in thanks. “Lastly.. I don’t even want to imagine the ass kicking we would have got, not that this was exactly a great performance, had you not shown up. I like my legs, I really didn’t want to see them broken in half.. So, thank you.”
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:31 am

Everything is deathly calm....the Inquisitor has escaped - nobody really wants to chase that thing down into the sewers that it obviously knows extremely well - the town square has been leveled and the fighters are licking their wounds, picking themselves up from the floor. Dante savors this peace...needless to say, there will be lots of questions in a moment, and Dante will need to think fast to answer them in a way that satisfies the asker and doesn't give away too much. Sure enough, the questions start...from Daniel, the boy that Dante thought Grace had taken away. Dante sniffs derisively at him - he almost died (from his point of view, anyway), and was rescued by Dante and Grace, and he has the nerve to demand answers from them in such an arrogant manner? - and opens his mouth to speak...but Grace cuts him off, obviously furious.

"How dare you!" she scoffs, advancing on him, shaking her head. "How dare you get angry with us, when I told you specifically to stay out of the fight in your condition?!" she counters. Dante doesn't envy Daniel...when Grace gets angry, the wise run and hide. "Do I have to tie you down to keep you away from danger? Do I? Do I have to treat you like a child and lock you in your room? Do I have to create some kind of temporal bubble to make you stay put? We come in and risk our necks to save yours, and you have the audacity to demand answers so...aggressively, like we're the enemy? You-"

Dante would keep listening to Graces tirade - he finds them amusing, when they're not directed at him - but he is distracted by the Weathermancer. He regards her outstretched hand skeptically for a moment, then extends his own, clasping her hand solidly. "You are very welcome," he says, not dishonestly; he always appreciates manners. Just because he's a 'bad guy' doesn't mean he has to be a BAD guy. "We saw you fighting that monstrosity, and thought we'd drop in to help...that was an Inquisitor. We don't know who they work for, but we do know that they hunt down Metahumans with a vengeance. We have some theories about that, but we've never been able to capture a live one...that one and his partner have been hunting us for a while. We fled here to get some breathing room...and led it to the jackpot of Metahumans, it seems like..." he offers an uncharacteristically sheepish smile, and shrugs. "Sorry." Thing is, that may seem like a lot of information, but it isn't. He told them what it is, and why it's there, but nothing else...and he has to ingratiate himself with the locals, after all. For good measure, he taps into his DuraluminMind and draws out some "connection," or "Charisma." Not enough to make him suspiciously likable, but enough to help take the edge off of any suspicion thrown his way.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:15 pm

OOC- I apologize for the bad grammar and spelling mistakes if there are any.. I had to use WordPad to type this up, because I'm having difficulties with Microsoft at the moment -.-

BIC-
    Does she ever have a big mouth. A little over dramatic.. Don't you think? He asked out of lack of information and concern.. Even I noticed that in his demanding voice. Plus, from what I've seen this kid is not the type to get randomly arrogant. A bit of a softy, if you ask me. I listened to what Dante had to say about the Inquisitor, and waited for him to finish explaining before I butted in. I really couldn't take her loud mouth any longer..

"Would you just relax? Anger was not in his voice, and you'd notice that if you took three seconds from your rage fit and calmed down. So he went against your orders, he's a grown man and if he wants to get himself killed, let him. Men are suppose to do stupid shit, give him hell and move on. You're screaming at him like you're his mother. We just got our asses handed to us, and ripping out each others throat isn't going to solve any of our bloody problems." Well, to be specific.. Danny, Dante, and myself got our asses handed to us. She just took her sweet ass time dropping Danny off somewhere and came back once the Inquisitor left. How convienient..

Back to what Dante said.. So they led that thing here? Eh.. There isn't anything to blame. If this thing hunts down Metahumans, then it would have found this little village anyways. Maybe not today, or tomorrow. But eventually, and the same Hell would still of been raised. I have a pretty good idea of who that thing works for.. The same person, or thing, that's been controlling all the Metahuman slaughters in the past couple months. 'The Darkness', as people have been calling it, and whoever runs it. However that's not for certain though, maybe someone else that just doesn't like people like us.. Whatever. I find it odd that he says these things have been hunting them for a while.. Because of my theory about the Inquisitor and all. I could just be wrong, or maybe there's just more to these things then either of us know.

"Well, whatever this," I said, gesturing to the damage of the battle all around us, and the battle itself," was, it was not a hunt. A hunt involves killing.. And that thing didn't want to kill us, or so it seemed. There must have been at least five different chances for that thing to have easily ended my life.. And it didn't. Stupid hesitating? I doubt it.. That thing was intelligent, and wouldn't waste time in a sadistic game. If it wanted our lives, taking it would have been easy, especially before the two of you showed up.." I glanced around the group looking for expressions of agreeance, anything really," So, assuming I'm right.. The big questions are; what did it want, and what's it going to bring back with it once it's done reporting back to whomever controls it?"
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:32 pm

Grace spins, nostrils flaring; she didn't see the condition Daniel was in, and besides...if she's to go under cover, she and Dante already agreed that she would be the emotional one, he the protective and "logical" one. That outburst pretty much sealed that impression. She opens her mouth, as if to argue, but Dante stops her with a wave of his hand. He fixes the Weathermancer with a freezing glare, even as she finishes her supposition; this girl is smarter than the others...he makes a mental note of that, and also to keep an eye on her. She could easily be a spanner in the works if she figures too much out. It's probably about time to reveal a hint at the true nature of The Inquisitors...the best lies are ones that stick close to the truth, after all. However, it's time to create his image as the protective brother.
    "You are right regarding my sisters outburst, of course," he says calmly. Grace opens her mouth to argue, but is silenced by another outstretched hand, "But if you were as good at reading voices as you think you are, you would have noticed something." He turns his gaze to Grace, and raises an eyebrow. "Her voice also held some amount of concern. Daniel was in a very bad way when she evacuated him from the battle, and she is likely more angry that he came back after such a beatdown...and I gather that she extracted a promise from him to stay put. Grace does not take kindly to broken promises." None of that is a lie; his penetrating gaze makes Grace look away, as if embarrassed, and he makes another mental note to talk to her about that later. These all will be victims eventually, and he cannot have her forming attachments to them, least of all a boy-scout like Daniel.

He turns his gaze back to the Weathermancer. "But I will be the only one to chastise her with such a tone. She may be wrong, but she is my sister. Clear?" The question is clearly rhetorical, because he moves on, even as Grace shoots a final glare at Daniel and moves to stand at Dante's side. Now for the tricky part; telling them a little, without sparking suspicion. He taps into his DuraluminMind a little more, also drawing up reserves from his ZincMind, speeding up his thought processes.
    "Your supposition is correct; he could have killed you extremely quickly. If he wanted you dead, you would all be dead..." he shakes his head. "I said 'Hunt' and that is true; they hunt Metahumans...but I never said that they kill them. Unless it is absolutely necessary to kill them, The Inquisitors always take Metahumans alive, which is far, far more difficult." He gestures to himself and Grace, "That is what we were investigating when it caught our scent...or perhaps it knew about us beforehand. You can never discount anything when it comes to these abominations."
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:05 pm

Danny stood there for a second, realizing how his appearance may have looked bad. "Gra-", he tried to speak, but she kept on talking, lashing out at Danny, and scolding him for his actions. "Grace." He tried to talk again, but he continued, angry at Danny. He didn't like this. The way she yelled at him, making him feel like a child. So much for making her like me, he sighed before speaking. "Grace!" he said a final time as she finished her rant, a rant that Danny didn't think would last as long. "Look. I didn't come back to fight," he said as he took a step back. He raised his left arm and gently brought it down in a slow, twisted manner. A small stream of water rose from the rooftop and travelled back down towards Danny. As the water came closer, he raised both his hands as the water covered his hands. He looked at her innocently, before getting to one knee and placing his hands on his swollen ankle. The water began to glow and Danny grunted as the water healed himself. Once complete, the water fell to the ground and Danny rose.

"I came to heal. In case someone got injuried. When I saw the... Inquisitor, you called it?" he asked quickly to Dante before continuing, "I thought I could come down and help." He looked at Dante and Grace sympathetically. "I'm grateful for what you had done, I swear, but this is the first time our home has been threatened. The first time I've been in a real situation. I just wanted to make sure my family was safe..." he finished a bit awkwardly. Without fighting, Danny would of had more than enough energy to heal those in need. He understood why she had gotten angry and as much as he didn't like it, it was good to think that Grace cared enough to yell at Danny. That's how he took it anyway.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:36 pm

I can't say I didn't expect Dante to be protective of his sister. I would have done the same thing if I were him, and at least he was matture and calm about it. No outrageous, violent speeches about he is the only one who can talk to his sister like that.. Whatever, if she continues to be obnoxiously loud and it isn't dealt with, I'll glady do it for him. But the way he looked at her.. After talking to me, I don't think I have to worry about that. He doesn't look too impressed himself.

Danny spoke, and I listened as he pleaded his case as to why he had done what he did. I get what he's taking about.. However you can't protect your family if you're dead. I wouldn't voice my opinion though, it would do no good and only start more of an argument.. Which I'm sure will start again later, when the rest of us and the village poeple poking their heads out, aren't present. If you payed enough attention, and looked closely at the right times, you could notice something in Danny's eyes when in he spoke. Well well well.. Looks like when it comes to Grace, I'm not the one that Dante needs to be worrying about.

As for the two of them.. I can't make up my mind just yet on how to deal with it. Well, with anyone for that matter. Knowning that I won't be shown anything but the same, I don't trust them yet. It times like today I doubt anyone ever is anymore.. Regardless if I fought next to most of them. A stranger is still a stranger, even if you know their name, and one of them happend to save your ass.

I waited until Danny finished before speaking, to no one specific. More just speaking out loud, to hear my own thoughts. "And we don't know why, or who wants the Metahumans.." I said, not sure what to make of the situation. Knowing this little, it was hard what to predict what the smartest choice of action is, for them that is. This is their home, their village, their families. "Well, if it's taking people like us alive.. Then whoever it works for, is not the person I'm looking for." I was dissapointed, oddly. I was alive, but that just means that the entire point of me coming here was a lost cause. The one I want has armies.. Who slaughter without question. They don't take prisoners.. Not from my experience. "It's my suggestion that you don't stick around here much longer. It knows where a whole pocket of us are, and if this thing's job is to track us down and take what it can alive.. It'll be back. Maybe even with that partener you mentioned earlier, maybe more." I scanned the village behind us, the broken down structures and extensive damage that had been done now clearly visible. To be honest, it looks a lot better than I thought it would.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:43 pm

Ooc - I'm going to wait until Murdoch posts before I do, but I was scrolling down (on my phone) and I had accidentally pressed the minus button on your post Kristie. I tried to fix it, but it won't allow me. I goofed hard. Sorry about that mistake.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:00 am

I think maybe we shouldn't post until the people who haven't posted in a week catch up...
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:42 pm

OOC- May will not be back until the 11/12, and she said we could continue and she would just catch up. Mercy has been online lately.. So I think she's left.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:52 am

I'll contact her and badger her XD

OH. Have people forgotten about my sci-fi one? Hmm? HMMM?! Razz
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:22 pm

Alright, and if Mercy doesn't get back to us.. Is there a day we can determine to move on without her?
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:47 am

I'd say wait until Saturday Smile
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:31 am

OOC- Oh.. Well I'm gone for four days starting Saturday morning. So I guess I'll catch up after.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:12 pm

Grace seethes, still glaring at Danny, but a quick glance at Dante silences her before she even begins to argue. She does growl quietly, but that is more for show; she is actually very in control of her emotions, but their cover requires her to be the emotional, unpredictable one. Besides...her personality relies on her emotions, so perhaps in that regard, she is far more emotional than Dante. Of course, a stone wall is more emotional than Dante; he is logical to the extreme...and not the faux logic that is so prevalent in todays media; it isn't logic to the exclusion of all else. Logical actions are defined as 'The path most likely to result in victory,' and if the most likely path is to forsake "logic" and give in to your emotions for a time, logically, you must lose yourself in your emotions until it becomes illogical to remain in that state. Striking that balance is hard...but Dante has managed it. He is, by far, the schemer of the pair. His capacity for Xanatos Gambits still amazes Grace today, even after spending her entire life with him.

He barely manages to resist snorting in derision at the Weathermancers suggestion, and at Daniels foolishness. He doesn't mention Daniels foolishness, since it would be illogical to start another argument when they want to ingratiate themselves here, but it is highly logical to explain to the weathermancer the fundamental flaw in her plan.
    "You do not study Strategy, do you?" he asks, perhaps a touch sarcastically, not exactly nastily. "If we leave now that they know we are here, we are all that much more vulnerable. He was hunting us, and now he's hit on a goldmine of Metahumans...he probably scouted you out days, weeks before he attacked, and already knew some of what he was facing. Together, we forced him to retreat - and not because we were winning - but apart, he would have a far easier time of it. He would come back with a companion, ambush us once we'd left the village, and then come back and capture all of you, safe in the knowledge that we would not be able to step in. The strategical move would be to stay together and pool our resources...at least that way, we have more of resisting his attempts to capture us. These things are not stupid...arrogant, yes, but not stupid. If they see an easy way to do something, they will do it. So we just need to make every way hard for them."
    Mayday
    Mayday

Post by Mayday Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:12 am

OOC: Booger Hulk, I still want some of that yummy-sounding Malibu. Alright, I got back yesterday but didn't have internet until today SO I'll be catching up now, and posting a little later (after church...[sarcasm]YAY SO MUCH FUN YAY[/sarcasm]).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:54 pm