Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

2 posters

Medieval Era RP! (Helena Castanova && Lucio Giordano)

Savannah
    Savannah
    VIP Member
    VIP Member

Medieval Era RP! (Helena Castanova && Lucio Giordano) Empty Medieval Era RP! (Helena Castanova && Lucio Giordano)

Post by Savannah Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:30 pm

I want to do a medieval/ renaissance type roleplay. But i'm not really sure the setting though. Kind of thought that we could possibly figure it out together. If any gentelmen would be so kind and join the roleplay with me. Smile

Last edited by Savannah on Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Antarion
    Antarion

Medieval Era RP! (Helena Castanova && Lucio Giordano) Empty Re: Medieval Era RP! (Helena Castanova && Lucio Giordano)

Post by Antarion Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:11 pm

Hmmm, Renaissance's a toughy, assuming you're looking at Europe - lots of wars and tumult (which could make a good setting I suppose.) Medieval might create a more workable backdrop.

What genre were you thinking, maybe an adventure a la Dumas?
    Savannah
    Savannah
    VIP Member
    VIP Member

Medieval Era RP! (Helena Castanova && Lucio Giordano) Empty Re: Medieval Era RP! (Helena Castanova && Lucio Giordano)

Post by Savannah Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:26 pm

Well I was maybe thinking medieval then. Maybe take place in Italy and maybe in the 13th century. I read a book that took place in 13th century italy. Which kind of maybe me think of this.

But I will tell you I never really done a medival setting rp. Which is why I want to try it but i'm warning you that I might suck at it.

And what does a la dumas mean?
    Antarion
    Antarion

Post by Antarion Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:36 pm

I'm with you. Would be my first medieval one that does not have a fantasy background, so who knows how that'll go.

Do you have a character in mind already? Could give clues to the storyline.

Oh, and with a la Dumas I was referring to a storyline similar to those written by Alexandre Dumas. He wrote the Three Musketeers, Count of Monte Cristo and lots of books about adventure and romance.

Savannah
    Savannah
    VIP Member
    VIP Member

Post by Savannah Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:51 pm

Oh I never heard of Alexandre dumas. I was reading a book called Waterfall by lisa t. Bergen. Which is where I got the idea of a medival setting from.

I do have a character in mind, I already written her up. If you click on the link in my signature. It will be my Helena biography the very last one. But her background story can be changed and altered to whatever setting we do.

I have her character set as I daughter of a lord of a castle, but we could also set her to shes a daughter of a poor father that lives on a farm.
    Antarion
    Antarion

Post by Antarion Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:14 pm

Oooh, a feisty one. That's a good character. If it's okay with you, I'll work on one myself - might take me a day, but definitely before the weekend.

I like the caste setting better. It could be something along the lines of what you wrote in the bio. A war breaking out with one of the neighboring lords. Your family might have to flee or be captured.

My character would be either a servant, a guest of the castle or even a member of the other faction. Sounds a bit stereotypical , but could be good and fun medieval rp practice. What do you think?
    Savannah
    Savannah
    VIP Member
    VIP Member

Post by Savannah Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:36 pm

Thank you. Smile I thought she might be a fun character to work tough and strong like I am in real life. It all sounds good to me of the whole castle and war scene. I was also kind of thinking of tweaking my story. Have it where I think both my brothers died in the war but only one did.
    Savannah
    Savannah
    VIP Member
    VIP Member

Post by Savannah Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:40 pm

Oh and I never said thank you for joining the roleplay. I really appreciate it, I didn't think anyone would actually join and it would be another one of my failed roleplays.
    Antarion
    Antarion

Post by Antarion Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:51 pm

How strange. I posted a reply and it never showed up. Wonder where I sent it..... Shocked

Anyways, no thank you's necessary. I think this will be fun. I also have too many ideas spooking in my head and sometimes they just don't go anywhere or don't resonate with others.

What I wrote originally was that if you post start up the thread, I'll work on my character. I'll follow your lead on it - and I promise I'll keep the sword fighting to a minimum.
    Savannah
    Savannah
    VIP Member
    VIP Member

Post by Savannah Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:00 am

You don't have to keep to a minimum as long as I can join in the fight. Wink Okay I will start but what is your character? Is he a servant, guest or enemy under cover?
    Antarion
    Antarion

Post by Antarion Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:22 am

I am leaning towards a minor noble son, a bit on the cocky side - early twenties. He is a guest at your father's castle. He is not an enemy though. I'll have the bio page up fully tomorrow. I hope that'll give you a good start though.
    Savannah
    Savannah
    VIP Member
    VIP Member

Post by Savannah Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:31 am

That is enough for me to work on what I was thinking for the beginning. But it is really late right now and my computer is being slow. So I will post tomorrow after I finish the polyvore for my post. I was thinking it's going to start early in the morning, before dawn where everyone is alseep. And you've been staying at our castle for a couple days.
    Savannah
    Savannah
    VIP Member
    VIP Member

Post by Savannah Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:35 pm

"M'lady? Where are you going?" I turn my head when I hear a voice come from down the empty hall. To see giacinta my lady in waiting walking towards me. "Shhhh..." I whisper putting my finger to my lips as I grab giacintas arm and pull her into my room. It was just about dawn and I didn't want to wake anyone up. "M'lady where are you going this early?" Giacinta asks turning to look at me in my brown gown and brown cloak as I quietly close the door behind me. "M'lady please tell me your not going to the woods? You know your father doesn't like you leaving the castle walls." Giacinta says looking at me knowing that I only wore this gown when I was going out into the woods. "My father will never know i'm gone. I'll be back and in my quarters before him or any of the guests wake up." I say looking at giacinta as I wrap the cloak I had on my arm around my shoulders. "But m'lady the woods is a dangerous place. The enemy might be out there lurking. What would m'lord do if anything happened to you? You know you are the only person m'lord has left." Giacinta says wprried as she looks at me. "Nothing will happen it's still dark out they wouldn't be lurking close to the castle. Especially since right now we are at a truce and i'm going to be staying close to the castle. I will just be far enough that the knights wont see me from the castle wall." I say looking at her and shaking my head. "I wont be long and I will be back before anyone knows I am gone" I whisper putting the hood of my cloak over my head. "I will be back soon. Don't tell anyone" I whisper as I slip out of the door and down the hall, making my way down the stairs and out to the court yard. I kept my head down and myself close to the wall knowing the spots where the knights are blind up on the top. Making myself look like just another servant doing there duties as I make my way towards the armory.

I knew I could trust giacinta to keep my secret, she knew how to keep all my secrets. We went back a long way, giacinta's mother was my mother's lady in waiting until she passed when I was young. After my mother passed, giacinta's mother became my lady in waiting until giacinta was of age and took over as my lady in waiting.

OOC: I'm not sure how good this is. But I hope it is a good start for now. I'm just winging it right now.

Gown: http://www.polyvore.com/untitled_195/set?id=61884132
    Antarion
    Antarion

Post by Antarion Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:15 pm

A pale moon was shining dimly into Lucio's annoyingly small guest chamber. "They call this a guest chamber!" he huffed, pacing around his quarters. "One single guest chamber, when at home and entire wing is dedicated to me."

He had just arrived a few days earlier at the court upon the request of his father. The life at another noble's court was to teach him manners, was to teach him decorum. "Decorum," he huffed again, kicking a small stool in passing, sending it crashing into the wall. "What does a lord need decorum for when enemies lie at every corner, in a world where men need to rule with an iron fist."

He had thought about escaping, but the only place he thought to go would have been home - and he would not face his father's wrath upon his early return. He had gold enough for a life of adventure, and don't think he hadn't thought about devoting his life to being a sell-sword, however, Lucio was still bound to duty, and even his rebellious nature could not break the bonds of loyalty he had to his house and his father.

As he was pacing and pondering, kicking and puffing, he spotted a cloaked figure pacing across the court yard and leaned out the window to take a closer look.

OOC: I put Lucio's bio on the bio thread for more details on his background and personality.
    Savannah
    Savannah
    VIP Member
    VIP Member

Post by Savannah Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:50 pm

As I get to the armory I sneak a peek over my shoulder to make sure no one was looking as I quickly sneak in through the doors silently closing it behind me. I quickly walk to the far end of the barn where I had my bow and arrows hiding. The bow arrows where the ones my brothers made and gave me before they went off to war and never came back. It was the last thing my brothers gave me so I have them hiding so that no knight would grab and use them by mistake. After grabbing my arrows and bow I hide them under my cloak and make my way out of the armory again making my way around the courtyard towards the gates. "Where are you going?" I turn when I hear a manly voice behind me to see Luca one of our knights behind me. "Excuse me m'lady I didn't realize it was you" Luca says bowing a bit when he realize it was me. "Tis alright luca. But please keep your voice down" I whisper looking around me a bit and pulling luca closer to the wall. I didn't want anyone to recognize me. "M'lady where are you going? M'lord would not be please if you leave the castle walls" Luca says a little more quietly looking down at me. I quietly show him the bow and arrows under my cloak but not let anyone else see them. "I tis not be long luca and I won't go far. Just far enough to where they can see me." I say pointing up towards the knights on the wall. "Tis make you feel better you can make the walk around the perimeter so that you can still keep an eye on me. We have constanly had guests and I am itching to shoot, I can't practice in the castle walls with guests" I whisper looking at luca with pleading eyes. "Alright m'lady." Luca says sighing as he allowed me to leave. "Many thanks luca" I say smiling as I turn and quickly make my way out of the castle and into the woods before anyone else noticed me.
    Antarion
    Antarion

Post by Antarion Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:53 pm

Lucio could not suppress a smile as he watched the two hushed figures exchange quick words in the shadows. It was mere chance he happened upon the scene. The couple was so close to the wall, that no guard was able to see them. Nevertheless, the moon and his window played in Lucio's favor today.

He thought about his next move for a moment. Unsure about what was really transpiring down in the court yard, someone sneaking about in the middle of the night is always cause for either excitement or trouble. And both these options sounded better than pacing about for the rest of the night.

It would take him a good five minutes to round the hallway and reach the castle gates, so he really had only one option left. "Out the window it is," Lucio said with a shrug, and swung his legs over the ledge. He grabbed his rapier with his right, and slid off unto the lower balcony. From there, it was only a short jump onto the castle walls. Lucky for him, the guards were more concerned about someone entering the castle, rather than exiting it in a rather precarious way, so within second, he made his way safely from the wall, down a vine, and outside the wall.

"What shoddy construction," Lucio said to himself. "An enemy would have easy work scaling these walls." He stopped and glanced around. "Now where is that man with the cloak?"
    Savannah
    Savannah
    VIP Member
    VIP Member

Post by Savannah Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:26 pm

As I walk into the woods next to the castle. I adjusted my cloak to where I could have my arrows across my shoulders the quiver resting across my back to where I had acess to them. But I also adjusted my hood so that it still covered my head and face. I did as I promised I kept close to the castle but far enough that the guards couldn't see me from the castle walls. As I was walking through the woods practicing my tracking as my brothers taught me. I heard movement behind knowing that I wasn't alone and I was being followed. I knew the difference between animals and human. So I did what I knew what to do I slowly knock an arrow on the bow, making it look like I was aiming at an invisble target not knowing that some one was behind a tree following me. Just as I pull the bow up I quickly turn and shoot the arrow, purposely making the arrow narrowly miss the persons head and inbed the it self in the tree behind the person. "Come out now or this next arrow will be in your eye" I call out loudly as I quickly knock another arrow and aim it ready at the tree.
    Antarion
    Antarion

Post by Antarion Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:52 pm

Lucio was perplexed when he heard a woman's voice yelling at him. He slowly stepped away from the tree, with his palms half-way up. "Hold it, wench." Lucio shouted back. "A tree cannot move, but I can. You should not point an arrow at your liege, it might get you behead."

Lucio lowered his hands and took a step forward. "Now if you show me your pretty face, wench, maybe I will forgive this insolence."
    Savannah
    Savannah
    VIP Member
    VIP Member

Post by Savannah Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:12 pm

"You might move but I can still shoot you before you could even get help and no one would help you" I call still holding my arrow at lucio's face. I recognize Lucio and knew he was our guest and that father would be mad to know that I was pointing an arrow at him. But I was pissed at that wench comment and at his insolence that he was better then anyone else. "I would think again to who you call a wench. Because in this castle I hold more power over you." I call glaring at him as I keep my arrow pointed at him. Just as Luca one of my fathers trusted knights walk almost run through the woods towards where we are. "Everything okay m'lady? I heard yelling as I was walking by and feared the enemy found you" Luca says coming and stopping where Lucio and I were.
    Antarion
    Antarion

Post by Antarion Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:28 pm

Lucio squinted and tried to make sense of the situation. "Mylady?" He repeated Luca's address laughing, once he put the pieces together. "That makes you young lady Helena, I presume. I am saddened we hadn't met at my arrival, but I have to say, this beats the boring court ceremonies."

Lucio walked slowly up to the two, and motioned Helena to lower her bow. He was about to make another smart comment - especially since he was a bit peeved about this wannabe knight Luca showing up spoiling his fun - when he saw something disturbing on the far end of the castle.

"Say, what's that glowing in the back..." He took a few steps forward. "FIRE!"
    Savannah
    Savannah
    VIP Member
    VIP Member

Post by Savannah Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:45 pm

"Yes m'lady. You want to say anything about that wench comment?" I said holding my chin up high as I lower my bow as Lucio walks closer to where I was standing. "Everything is alright luca" I say turning my head to look at luca. I was about to put my arrow back into my quiver just as Lucio says something about fire. Luca and I spin around as I knock the arrow on my bow as we turned to see the fire on the far end. "M'lady we have to get you to safety. Get up high out of sight and shoot anything that comes by" Luca says as he runs over to the tree with my arrow in and pulls it from the trunk. As he runs back over to me and hands me the arrows. I knew it wasn't safe for me down on the ground so I did what luca said. I put my arrows away and shoulder my bow as I allow luca to give me a hand to the closet branch and start to climb.
    Antarion
    Antarion

Post by Antarion Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:02 am

Lucio stood motionless for a second, taking in the situation, when he saw figures forming in the far. One after one, more were swarming over the hills and through the adjacent forest to the south. This was no mere fire, this was an attack, he realized. The question was if a raving horde of bandits is out for a quick plunder, or if this an actual act of war. Lucio unsheathed his sword, and was about to charge straight ahead, when he realized his foolishness.

The flames were creeping closer to their end of the castle, and Lucio could feel the heat creating tiny droplets of sweat on his forehead.

"Knight, I do not think we are safe here..." Lucio whispered cautiously. "Tell me how many men you have stationed here."
    Savannah
    Savannah
    VIP Member
    VIP Member

Post by Savannah Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:15 am

"Luca quickly go to the castle and warn my father of what is going on. Let him know that I am safe since he will worry. Then gather all the knights on the far southern wall. We have to keep them back and away from the wall. Send one of our fastest messengers to the eastern castle and let them know there is an attack and we need as many knights as they can spare" I call down to luca as I settle on a branch. That was high enough I could see but they couldn't see me. "Lucio go with him they will need help defending the castle" I call
    Antarion
    Antarion

Post by Antarion Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:27 am

Lucio tilted his head and stared at this young lady. He was not use to women using such commanding tones but he held his tongue for the moment. He saw the logic in her commands, except for one little aspect.

"Luca, do as she says," Lucio grabbed him by the arm. "If you make it out alive, bring supplies and horses."

Then Lucio turned to Helena. "You have much fervour, m'lady," he said with a smirk. "But there is not a way that I will leave m'lady behind to fend for herself." He turned back toward the castle. "Besides, I believe the castle is overrun...we should flee."
    Savannah
    Savannah
    VIP Member
    VIP Member

Post by Savannah Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:45 am

"I can handle myself, I was taught by the best. I am at more of an advantage to stay protected." I say looking down at lucio. "I shall not flee and leave my home behind, I lost enough in my life and I will not lose my home as well." I say looking down at him. "Luca go. Go get the messenger our only hope is to keep them at bay and get knights from the eastern castle to come to our aid. The eastern castle is the closest to us therefore our only hope." I say looking at Luca and then watch him run towards the castle. "If you shall not help defend my home then turn around and I shall go defend it myself" I call down to Lucio.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:42 am