Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

2 posters

There Are More Curious Things (Dream/Danny)

Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

There Are More Curious Things (Dream/Danny) - Page 4 Empty There Are More Curious Things (Dream/Danny)

Post by Danny Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:23 pm

First topic message reminder :

You're a government worker who has been working on new ways to develop faster healing for people. The current experiment? Supernatural genetics. You whole heartily believe in this project until you come down to the labs to see the progress and see how these supernatural creatures are being treated. This is where you meet me, one of the creatures in the labs who's supplying his DNA and his body for this project. But I've had enough, and I need to escape. Do you help me? Or am I going to force my way through?
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

There Are More Curious Things (Dream/Danny) - Page 4 Empty Re: There Are More Curious Things (Dream/Danny)

Post by Danny Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:40 pm

As the two walked towards their destination, Danny could hear more noise than what he heard in the forest. It wasn't just the sounds of animals in the forest any more, but rather... something else. Danny wasn't quite sure. At this point in time, the sun had almost fully set and the moon was beginning to rise, reflecting the suns rays onto the darkened earth. Danny nodded as Vio spoke, understanding that he might have to care for him, which was really no big deal.
    Vio had pointed out the houses and a large grin grew on his face. We was finally going to live in a spacious living area without the fear of guards or whips (or anything of the sort). Danny's pace quickened. "You're going to have to show me where to go from here," Danny said. "Because I've really no idea where we are, or what we're doing."

As the reached the outskirts of the residences, Danny stopped as he caught a family watching something on a television. The television was larger than he remembered them to be, larger and more vibrant. But what really stopped him was the family that was watching the television. He took a couple steps closer, right to the edge of the fence in the backyard and stared. Obviously he hadn't realized how creepy he might have seemed to anyone else, but this image had him captured, almost making him forget about the joy of his freedom. Almost.
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

There Are More Curious Things (Dream/Danny) - Page 4 Empty Re: There Are More Curious Things (Dream/Danny)

Post by Dream Rationally Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:55 pm

The excitement of almost being home-free was almost enough to make me ask him to put me down so I could walk the rest of the way. If it weren't for the fact that my body was slowly growing weak I would have done just that. However I knew it was important for me to conserve what energy I had left so that he could take care of me once we got home without him having to just improvise on the bandaging my injuries were going to need.
    "I'll point the way, just keep going straight for a little bit. The place we're going to is a little bit further into the residential area. Once you see the bigger houses, you'll know we're in the right neighborhood." I explained as Danny continued towards the city we were now going to call home. At least until we were forced to move somewhere else if the government ever happened to find us. For now we were safe though shrouded in the cover of night.

We were moving along until suddenly he came to a stop much to my surprise. At first I wasn't sure what was going on and I looked up to ask him why he had stopped when I noticed how intense his gaze was focused on something. I moved my gaze to match his only to find that he was looking through the windows of a nearby house at a family that were gathered behind a television watching some kind of program. Seconds passed and I found a smile had come to my lips. Whatever thoughts were going through his mind..I wondered whether they had to do with the family he was now watching.
    After a minute I decided to break the silence if only because I was curious about his thoughts.
    "Have you ever thought about that Danny? A family? Now that you're free..you'll be able to start one of your own." I asked him in a quiet voice as I unconsciously hugged myself closer to him.
    It was a thought..not even I had considered in a very long time.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:33 pm

ooc - Totally off topic, but for Murdoch's D&D role play, I've honestly got no idea what to write. I don't even know what we're suppose to do! Would you happened to have a better idea?

bic - "Hmm?" Danny responded, barely audible. His focus was on the family and their interactions with each other. It was not something he was use to; people working and living together, helping one another and striving together, even if there were arguments and complications along the way, their love was always there. It was about a minute or so after Vio had spoke that he responded.
    "No. Not so much as make my family. I was just... thinking about my family. I wonder where they are now. What do you think their doing?" His questions were rhetorical of course, but he wished that someone would know the answer. He sighed, knowing it wasn't something to dwell on at this moment considering Vio's injuries, and continued walking into the neighbourhood. The houses were all very similar with street lights illuminating the area, though Danny stuck to the shadows to attract less attention.

It wasn't for a while until Danny started seeing the larger houses that Vio was talking about. The two would have arrived earlier were it not for Danny getting them lost a couple of times. "Okay," his spoke, his voice normal again. "We have the large houses. Which one is yours? They all kinda look the same." It wasn't that he wasn't unimpressed with the houses, he just never knew houses this large so close together. The neighbourhood he grew up in had large backyards and wide spaces between neighbours. These houses seemed to be large vertically, not horizontally.
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:02 pm

I kept my eyes on his expression as he continued to watch the family in the house opposite us. I wondered what kinds of things were going through his head in those moments. Yes I had observed him for months on end now but things were different out here and the stimuli were much more powerful. Instead of the bland gray walls of the facility there were now flowers, trees, houses, cars, and people to interact with as opposed to solitude. This allowed me to see a completely different side of him that I had never really seen before.
    He answered me and I nodded my head slightly in understanding. It was only natural that he would wonder about his family now that he could find them if he really tried his hardest.
    "I wish I knew.." I reply quietly as he turned to continue walking through the city.

A couple times I had to correct his path but other than that it seemed like we were going the right way. Soon enough we reached the area I had been talking about and I knew that soon we were going to be safe. Or at least we were going to be as safe as we possibly could be at this point in the game. The chance of them finding us was miniscule especially seeing as the location of my personal home was kept a secret.
    "Here, let me down..I can walk the short way there is left." I said with a small smile as we reached what I vaguely recognized as my street. It had been at least two years since the last time I had actually gone home but already things were coming back to me.
    Once my feet touched the ground I steadied myself with a hand on Danny's arm before I continued walking along the block. After just a couple minutes I stopped and turned towards a relatively large house with a bit of a modern feel to it.
    "Well..here we are." I said as I began up the pathway towards the door, reaching into my pocket to pull out the keychain that had not only my work keys but also my house keys.

Once the door was opened I stepped inside and motioned for him to follow me before I quickly closed it, locking the door behind us. I flipped the switch in the hallway and the lights throughout the house started to turn on revealing an inviting living room with a kitchen visible over an island-type counter separating the two rooms.
    "It isn't much but it'll be home for you.. for at least a little" I mused with a smile as I slowly made my way towards the stairs to get up to the second floor.

ooc: I had no idea where to start other than the fact that we were going to meet in some kind of tavern (at least that's what I understood) so I just made my character end up there.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:21 pm

Danny hesitated as Vio stumbled with his keys, watching and inspecting the house with much focus. The house was so different from the one he had grown up in that he wanted to really take the time to learn it. "It's amazing," he mutter in awe as Vio opened the door revealing the inside. Immediately the house had a warm and welcoming feel to it, obviously different to the feel the facility had. It was a modern looking house, with a lot of level and designs, but Danny loved it. As Vio walked up stairs, Danny followed (in case he needed any help), but moved much slower to look at the house. There were a couple of pictures here and there, which Danny loved. By the time Danny had reached the top of the stairs, Danny had lost sight of Vio.

"Vio?" he called out, unsure of which room he was in. "Where'd you go? Do you need any help? How's the wound?" he asked as he searched a couple of rooms. The first room he entered was an empty bedroom. It wasn't decorated much and it seemed more like a guess room than Vio actual bedroom. The second room was a wash room that was empty, but it looked like it was used often (not that it was messy). After closing the second door, Danny stopped in the hallway and listened to see if he could hear any movements from Vio before walking towards the door and knocking. "Vio?"
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:32 pm

A glance over my shoulder as I climbed the steps up towards my room told me that Danny was busy admiring the house I had just let him into. I couldn't blame him even for a second. The place I called home was very different from the facility that he had lived in up until now. All of the paintings and pictures on the walls were bright and colorful, not even a speck of grey or black could be found anywhere. When picking out the house I had made sure of that, seeing as I knew I was going to get enough of those two colors in my working environments.
    As much as I wanted to watch him as he looked around I knew that I needed to clean the wound in my side before anything else. So I continued up the stairs and headed straight towards my room, knowing that he would follow soon enough. As well as the fact that I was just a yell away from having his help was also comforting enough to where I didn't feel like I needed to rush his exploration of the house.

I slipped into my room and went straight into the small personal bathroom where I kept all of my medical supplies. Once there I carefully took off my coat, button up shirt, and with a glance over my shoulder I pulled my tank top over my head as well. It was then that I got a better look at the wound in my side and I was relieved to see that it was only a graze. Perhaps not a minor graze but a graze was much better than a through and through bullet hole.
    It just so happened that while I was soaking a towel in warm water to clean the blood from around the injury that there came a knock at the door of my room. It was Danny.
    I hesitated a moment before I started to wipe at the blood.
    "I'm...uhm.. I'm alright! You can come in if you want but.. " I hesitated and glanced around quickly. So long as he stayed in my room I was going to be fine but if he so much as glanced into the bathroom I was going to be in a lot of trouble. After all men don't wear sports bras, do they?
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:08 pm

Danny stood outside the door, listening to Vio speak. He hesitated for a second before slowly opening the door. He had always been taught to knock before entering someone's room and even with his okay, Danny was still a bit weary. As he slowly opened the door, he noticed that Vio wasn't actually in the room, but in a personal bathroom within his room (which was something that he never had growing up). The bathroom door was closed save a crack that prevented the door from being fully closed. "Do you need any help?" he asked as he looked around the room, curious with the set up and decor. "It's a very comfy room you've got here," he said, looking out a window that provided a view of the backyard (though it was too dark to see much).

Once done with the window Danny sat on the edge of Vio's bed, listening to him fumble with his wound. "It really wouldn't be any trouble to help you if you need," he commented again, making sure Vio knew Danny was ready to help if he needed it. Danny yawned and laid down on Vio's bed, the comfort of which was something he had long forgotten. In the comfort of the home Danny yawned again, resisting the urge to fall asleep. He rubbed his eyes and blinked a couple times before getting to his feet. If he stayed in the position he would have been passed out before Vio left the bedroom.
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:35 pm

I could hear the door open in the room behind me but the footsteps didn't get much closer to the bathroom than the bed. A small wave of relief moved over me but only a small one as I found that wiping at the wound at my side was a lot more painful than I had thought it was going to be. The bleeding started anew but I knew that once I got the disinfectant and bandages on it, I would be fine.
    "It looks a lot better than before, that's for sure" I said over my shoulder loud enough to where Danny would have been able to hear me through the crack I had left in the door. His want to help me was quite charming actually and it showed his concern for my wellbeing.

Suddenly I came across a problem I hadn't thought about up until now as I dabbed lightly at the edges of my graze. I needed it to be dry when the bandaging and that was a two handed job. After trying once I let out a sigh and I glanced around the bathroom. There was no way out of this right now.
    I stepped back towards the door and listened for movement in my room only I found that there was none. I wondered whether Danny might have gone into another room but then I heard something I assumed was him moving around. He'd probably sat down on my bed.
    "I might need your help but.. you need to promise me you won't get mad. Okay?" I said through the crack again before taking a few steps towards the mirror.
    I held my breath for what might follow.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:21 pm

As he rose to his feet he heard Vio call from the other room. Confused (and concerned), Danny called back. "Get mad?" he asked, unsure what Vio meant by that. Danny continued to speak as he walked closer to the door. "Vio, why would I get mad if-" he stopped as opened the door to see Vio, though it wasn't what he expected. "Oh my god, I am so sorry!" he closed to door to see a woman standing in the washroom. It closed as soon as it opened. "Ma'am, I am so sorry! I didn't think-..." he stopped. The only two people in the house were Danny and Vio, meaning that Vio was a woman. He opened the door slowly, his eyes avoiding contact. "Vio... you're a... a woman?" he asked, really confused. "What?!"

He then looked up to realize that Vio was still in fact injured, so he moved over to help bandage her up. He was a little awkward with handling Vio, still feeling awkward, but that didn't stop Danny's concern with Vio's well being. Of course, there was no denying the silence in the room. "There we are..." he said, his gaze on the floor rather then Vio. "I'll be... in the other room if we need me I guess... Sorry for, you know, walking in on you?" he said before turning around and heading out the bathroom, gently shutting the door behind himself to give Vio any privacy should she need any.
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:49 pm

The moment the door opened the words coming from Danny's lips stopped dead the moment he saw me. At first he drew back in surprise and closed the door as if he had walked in on a stranger changing. He apologized profusely before again his words stopped on his lips. He realized the fact that there were only two of us in this house and the person he had just seen in the bathroom could only be the one other person.
    "Well.. Yes. " I replied to his confused words with a small flush of my cheeks as a sudden wave of embarrassment moved over me. Suddenly I became aware of the fact that I was pretty exposed and my image of a female was now revealed.
    He came to help me with my bandaging and as soon as he had finished with it, he excused himself with yet another apology.

Once the door closed I couldn't help but take a moment to feel my heart as it raced in my chest.
    I leaned against the bathroom sink with a bit of a sigh, closing my eyes as I rubbed the bridge of my nose with my fingers. After so many years someone had finally found out the truth about me.. Years of doing everything with meticulous care so that no-one would so much as glimpse me without all of my clothing on.
    It couldn't be helped though. What really surprised me was the fact that a part of me was almost relieved that he had discovered the truth. Of all the people in the world who could have seen me I was glad it was Danny.
    I pulled on a fresh shirt, buttoning it up tightly, before I headed out into my room with a bit of an embarrassed smile.
    "Listen, Danny, I've got some explaining to do.." I began as I moved towards my bed and sat down on it, glancing up at him for a moment before I patted the spot next to me.
    "A lot of explaining to do." I added inflection on the 'a lot' as I tried to think about what I was going to say.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:09 pm

The mood of the room was awkward, to say the least. It was less so the fact that Danny had discovered Vio's little secret, and more so the fact that Danny had never realized it sooner. "It seemed so obvious is retrospective!" He said out loud (though mostly to himself) as he paced the room back and forth. Vio walked out of the bathroom and moved on to the bed, motioning Danny to sit. At first he hesitated, feeling a bit awkward sitting beside a woman, but he quickly got over the fact and sat beside her.
    It was obvious that there was some explaining to do, but where to begin was a rather difficult question. "I can't believe I never realized it," he sighed, as he stated into his palms that rested on his lap. "But why'd you hide it? Is it... Bad you're a woman?"

Danny's nature had changed once again. This time, his mind took on that of a young boy who was just starting to understand the bird and bees; curious and immensely interested on the subject. By the time Danny was taken in by the government, he had little experience with woman in a romantic sense. Suddenly he was twenty one, and the thought of even sitting beside a woman was a different experience. "Not that I think it's a bad thing," he quickly added. "I'm just... Curious as to why you felt it was important to hide who you are." He paused and looked up before chuckling. "Sorry if I sound so naive. I've been looked in a room for seven years." The comment was more of a joke if anything, meant to lighten up the situation of Danny's lack of knowledge.
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:27 pm

In all truth there was some true miracle to the fact that he, the man who had spent so much time in my presence over the last few months, had never realized the fact that I was a woman. Both a good thing but at the same time it was a bad thing seeing as Danny now realized the fact that he had spent all this time speaking to a woman. Whether he thought that was a good thing or not was something entirely different however. Up until now I had never really known what his reaction or his attitude towards females was. I suppose now I was going to find out wasn't I?
    He questioned me about my motives behind hiding who I truly was before he turned his attention towards the fact that I was in fact female. A member of the opposite sex. He spoke of being naive and I found myself laughing quietly despite the truth behind his words.

"Haha..if anything we've both been locked away for a long time, just in different ways." I replied to his words as I tried to formulate the best way to explain the truth behind my gender. A moment passed before I nodded my head as if confirming the thoughts in my head before I turned my head to look at the man sitting next to me.
    "Well to tell you the truth the whole gender thing happened when I was in university. Out of a class of 200 I was the only girl. All of the guys made fun of me and discriminated against me, leaving me out of everything they could because they thought I wasn't good enough to be in class with them.. After a couple months I couldn't take it so I quit school only to re-register a few months later under a completely different name as a male student." I hesitated for a moment as I glanced towards one of my pictures sitting on my dresser.
    "I learned how to act like a guy from ever since then..so much so that I've almost forgotten what it's like to be a woman.." I trailed off before laughing.
    "Everything else I told you though was the truth. Promise.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:31 pm

Danny sat quietly as Vio spoke, listening to what she had to say, what her story was, and why she had done it. It had all made sense, it just wasn't something Danny was use too. "Good," he smiled with glee knowing that just because she hid this one thing didn't mean Danny couldn't truth her any more. "Well... now I wish I had something to tell you," Danny chuckled. "But every secret I have you probably already know from the government building, so..." he trailed off with a smile before standing and yawning. "Is it okay if I head off to bed now? I'm sort of tired from all the running and lack of adrenalin."

It had been a long day, for the both of them, and Danny knew that if he were to take in any more information it would all just go straight past his head. This night is a different night for sleep though. It was the first night in seven years that Danny could sleep as a free man and not have to worry about anything for a while. "Thanks for letting me stay here by the way. I can get of your hair as soon as I... ya know, re enter civilization."
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:06 am

Once I had finished explaining the reasoning behind my hidden identity he seemed to understand why I had done what I did. For a moment he looked at me before a smile of glee moved across his face. I frowned for a moment before I nodded my head slightly at his words. For some reason it felt really good to tell someone the truth for once. After so many years of having kept myself a secret from the world around me.
    "Well there are things I have yet to find out about you Danny but it seems like you're going to be the one who's doing a lot of the learning from now on." I replied with a little bit of a chuckle as he stood up from the bed and walked away from it.

He spoke about going to bed and I quickly nodded my head in complete understanding. Today had been a mess for the both of us. A tiring, painful, but ultimately successful day. I moved to stand up from my bed to join him, so I could lead him to the guest room he would probably want to stay in now that he knew I was a woman. After all I doubted he would want to sleep in my room whether it was on a mattress or on my bed.
    "Seeing as we're going to be here for a while.. call me Violet." I said with a smile as I watched him move towards the door, placing my hand on his shoulder lightly before I moved through the door with him, leading him towards the guest room.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:18 pm

"... Violet..." He repeated before he nodded with a smile. "I think I can do that." Violet rose from her position and walked towards Danny, placing a hand on his shoulder before passing him and leading him to the guest room he had seen earlier. "You've an amazing house," Danny said say the two walked. "It's a lot nicer than the one I grew up in... Not that I blame my parents mind you," he chuckled, stumbling a bit with his words. The incident with Violet had taken him off guard a bit. Once they were in the bedroom, there was an awkward pause of sorts, like the awkward goodbye between friends. "Ha, uh... Thanks Vio...let," he added, forgetting to stop calling her Vio. "I really appreciate everything you've done for me. I guess I'll... See you tomorrow?" He smiled before walking into the room and stretching. He let out a yawn that was rather loud before stripping to his underwear. "Wouldnt want to dirty her sheets," he thought to himself before jumping onto the bed.

A large grin spread across his face with the comfort of the bed. He threw the covers over himself, playing the the pillows, finding a more comfortable position than the one before it. Eventually he found the position that sent him right off into dream world, practically falling asleep with a smirk on his face.

Danny awakes in a blinding white room. With the room so bright, he wants to cover his eyes. When he goes to move his hand, however, he finds that they're restricted. He struggles to move his whole body as he realizes he's bound to the wall. The room gets a little less bright and people emerge from it. They were positioned around a table with muffled sounds filling the room. They were scientist from the government faculty, only they were in a room Danny didn't recognize. "Where I am?" He called out with no response. He tried again, but with the same outcome. On the third try, his bounds are released and he falls to the ground in a heap. Slowly rising, Danny walked over the the scientist only to see himself bound to the table with a knife cutting across his chest! "STOP!!"

Danny awakes in Violet's guess room screaming and covered with sweat. He gasps for breath and he sits up and wipes his forehead. The clock beside his bed read 3:46 in the afternoon meaning had been asleep for at least 14 hours. Danny falls back into the pillows his a groan.
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:32 pm

As we walked down the hall towards the guest room Danny played with the sound of my name on his lips. It was probably quite a change going from Vio to Violet in such a short time. Especially without any kind of warning on my behalf as he walked into the bathroom to help me with my bandages. Although things were slightly awkward I knew that the feeling would fade away after a day or two of both of us getting settled down in our new home. As well as the new separation between our genders as a pair of escapees.
    In a way this would help us seeing as the government would issue a warrant on two males rather than a male and a female. At least for a little while it would help us keep under the radar.
    When we reached the room Danny turned to me and thanked me for everything I had done for him after a short pause. I nodded my head with a smile.
    "Rest as much as you need. The only thing we'll need to do tomorrow is get you some new clothes that will fit you. Till then I'll go through my clothes and see if I can find anything that might fit you." I slipped back out into the hallway, closing the door behind me, and returned to my room with a tired sigh.

I literally only had the energy left in me to change out of my clothes, put on my pajamas which consisted of a pair of sweatpants and a somewhat oversized shirt, and climb into the strangely familiar warmth of my bed. In seconds I was able to drift off to sleep despite the slight pain in my side that was ever-present as a result of the amateur bandaging. It would have to do though.
    For the longest of times my dreams consisted of nothing but calm white shapes moving back and forth. However the shapes soon began to take shape and I found myself back in my office in the facility as though nothing had happened.
    In the dream I moved out into the hallway and walked along the endless corridors of grey walls until I came upon a room I recognized to be Danny's. I opened the door to find him on the ground being beaten by a pair of guards. The sight caused me to recoil and scream for them to stop but they only seemed to hit him harder the more I pleaded with them to stop. His screams got louder and louder until they became too real for me to handle.
    I woke with a shudder only to find that the screams were not in my dream at all.

Immediately, even though my body was worn out and sore, I flew out of my bed and down the hall to the guest room. I burst through the door to find Danny sat up in his bed with the covers wrapped around his body like he had been tossing and turning all night. His body was covered in sweat and his breathing came in heavy pants like he had just run a hundred mile race. I realized he had just woken from a nightmare and a sigh of relief passed my lips.
    "Thank god.. I thought something worse had happened.." I said quietly while moving to sit at the foot of his bed, looking over at him. Ignoring the fact that he wore little more than a pair of boxers.
    "Are you alright?"
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:10 am

The sight of Violet bursting in the room had come to a shock of Danny, but he was still stressing about the dream he had just woken up from. He sat up and looked at Vio, his breathing calming a bit. He nodded his head vigorously a couple times before sighing out an answer. "Yeah," his voice a little weak. Violet sat at the edge of the bed and Danmy ran a hand through his hair, taking another deep breath. "It was a bad dream..." He glanced at Violet before looking down. "It's weird... I hadn't had a nightmare for years in that place, and now that I'm gone, it won't leave my head." He took another pause to look up at Violet. This pause was a bit longer before he continued.
    "I'm my dream, I was back at the facility. And it was... Almost as if I was... Looking down at myself I guess, like I was outside my body. I didn't know where I was at first, but I eventually saw a bunch of scientist surrounding me and preforming different tests, like the whipping wasn't good enough anymore." He sighed and fell back into the pillows. "I hate that place," he groaned, using a pillow to cover his face.

The feeling in the room was much more comfortable than the night before, which was a pleasant relief for the both of time. Danny listened to Violet as she spoke, eventually moving the pillow from his face and sitting up again. He listened intently before speaking when she stopped. "What about you... are you okay? How's the cut?"
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:07 am

I sat there quietly as Danny explained his dream to me and I took in every single detail that he was willing to give me. It was a dream that I had come to expect him to have as a result of suddenly being freed from his captivity. Although I wasn't sure if I was going to tell him about my dream, I could understand exactly what he meant when he told me that he hated the place he had broken free from.
    That was the beauty to all of this though.
    The beauty was that he was never going to need to see those grey walls ever again so long as we kept ourselves out of the public's attention. There was no way for the government to find us otherwise.
    Never again was he going to be tortured and mistreated and if everything worked out.. he was going to live his life to the full until he passed of old age rather than some brute beating him in a dark room.
    After he finished explaining his dream he turned his focus to me and my injury.

"It's doing alright.. A little sore but nothing to worry about." I replied to his question as I kept my eyes following his movements. He seemed visually shaken by the nightmare he had just had but at the same time he was quickly recovering from it. I was happy to see what although he was traumatized by what had happened to him he knew that he was not there anymore. This was something that I had studied before while in school; environmental trauma. It would take time but soon enough he'd be able to settle back into a normal life in society with the right help.
    "How do you feel about going clothes shopping today, hm?" I suggested with a smile.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:15 pm

ooc - want to jump into the future again at some point (maybe in a few post?), unless you've an idea or plan for what to do for the next little bit.

bic - "Shopping...?" he asked with a smile on his face before chuckling. "I haven't gone shopping in years. You've been a guy for the last little bit, so you're going to have to help me out cause I've got no idea what the going fashion is. As far as I'm concerned, it's plain, grey uniforms that are in!" He smiled and looked around. "Though I might need some... going out clothes. Mind if I borrow something?" The thought of shopping actually excited Danny. He would get to go out and experience the modern society that he had been removed from. He was a bit scared really, but that fear came with then excitement of exploring the city.

Danny rose from the bed and walked over to the window, opening it before leaning on the ledge and taking in a breath of fresh air. That sign had been the most excited, proud, and happiest sigh of his life. "It's a nice day. Things are really looking up," he spoke to himself as he watched the outside world live on.
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:42 pm

I laughed at Danny's response to my suggestion of going shopping for clothes that he obviously needed. Getting him settled back into society wasn't going to be too difficult, hopefully, but the very first few days were going to be the most important. Especially seeing as the government was probably going to come up with some kind of conspiracy they could tell the public about us that would make us out to be the bad guys.
    That was not something to worry about at this point though. The first thing we needed was to sort ourselves out for the next few months.
    "Don't worry about clothes, I'll find some that fit you." I said with a smile.

I stood from where I had been sat on the bed and came up behind him, joining him at the window for a moment. The cool air flowed into the room and I breathed in the moist morning scent. It had been far too long since the last time I smelled fresh morning air.
    [i]"I hope so, Danny. I'm going to get you those clothes, how about you take a shower to freshen up?"[i] I glanced up at him with a nod before I turned heading back towards my room.
    [i]"I'll set the clothes on your bed, alright?"[i] I said over my shoulder before disappearing into the hallway, leaving him to his own devices.

I headed back to my room and immediately went for my dresser to search through my guy clothes for something that might fit the much larger frame of Danny. It took me a moment but I eventually found a pair of black shorts, a white shirt that was large on me so I assumed would fit him perfectly, and just in case I grabbed a pair of boxers I sometimes wore more for comfort than anything else.
    With these things bundled in my arms I headed back towards the guest room to place them on his bed as I had promised.

ooc: Yeah that sounds good I'd think. I've got something in mind for the future but that would not happen for a long time.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:10 pm

"A shower? Yeah sure," he said with a large grin. "Sure that water pressure will actually be reasonable." Back at the facility the only way for prisoners to get "clean" was for the guards to hose you down. It wasn't the most pleasant feeling in the world. "I'll see you in a bit then." Having walked into the bathroom before when first looking for Violet, Danny found the bathroom.
    He walked in, and turned the water on, a bit warming than "warm". Before entering the shower, Danny looked at himself in the motor and felt the steam filling the room. "Shit... I didn't realize how dirty my face was..."

The shower was beyond incredible. The gently feeling of the warm water running down his body had kept him in the shower for longer than he anticipated. It was refreshing and peaceful and it really made him less tense. Occasionally he would play with the water, now that he was free to water bend, but most of the time he just enjoyed the feeling of water. By the time he got out and dried himself in the towel, the sun had significantly risen. He walked to the guest room and got changed as quickly as he could. The shirt that Violet had given him fit a bit tight and awkward to move in, but at least he had something to wear now. He walked down the stairs and waiting for Violet while playing with his hair in the front hall mirror.
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:51 am

Hearing the shower water running was a bit of a relief to me. Not so much because Danny had been a mess, which really we both had been when we got home, but rather because it was his first shower as a free man. The moment he stepped out of that shower he was going to be a completely different person than the one he had been when he stepped into it. All evidence that he was ever at the facility was washed away with the grit beneath his fingernails and the blood from his healed wounds.
    Despite the fact that we were both going to be hunted fugitives, he was as free as could be.

After depositing the clothes in his room I walked back to mine to do pretty much the same thing he was doing. My shower was more of a wash with a wet cloth though as I did my best to avoid getting my bandaging wet but it was refreshing all the same. It felt good to get all of the dried blood off me as well as the mud that had covered my hands and feet when we had run for our lives.
    When I stepped out of the shower with towels wrapped around my body I walked into my room to pick out my clothing for the day. It was instinct that drove me to open my top drawer but I quickly closed it, opening the third drawer down where I kept my..'normal' clothes.

Only minutes after Danny made it down stairs I appeared at the doorway to the living room and kitchen area. Quickly, with my eyes glued to the ground, I made my way over to where he was stood in front of a mirror in the living room. There I stood with my cheeks slowly turning a deep shade of red as my hands gently tugged at the bottom of The Dress I was wearing.
    "I haven't worn clothes like this in a long time.. I hope I don't look too terrible, do I?" I looked up as I asked him for his honest opinion. It was the first time in almost a decade I had dressed as the woman that I was. No long pants, no sports bra, and my hair only loosely tied behind my head.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:34 pm

For the firs time in ages, appearance was suddenly important to Danny. If society was anything like it use to be, how you looked was still rather high in value to people, and while Danny didn't know the current fashion trends, he figured playing it save couldn't hurt. It was then that he noticed Violet in the back ground.
    He stopped and turned around, blinking a couple times with a stupid grin on his face. "Terrible?" he quickly reacted. "What? No! No you look... great," he smiled at her. The two stood apart from each other across the room, neither sure what to say next or how to proceed from where they were. Danny had to look away to hide his blushing.
    "So, uh, where are we headed? Nothing fancy right? Some jeans, a couple of plaid shirt? I don't know what the going fashion is, so you're going to need to help me with that," he chuckled as he walked to the door and opened it. "And you're kinda going to have to show me around town. I'm a fish out of water here, so I'm not really sure where I'm going."
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:30 pm

The moment Danny's gaze settled upon me and my new clothing style (new for him and old for me) I found myself immediately becoming self-conscious. I realized that I was being looked at by a man not as a fellow man but as a woman.
    My body was no longer flat and shapeless the way I had carefully made sure it looked before now. I was surprisingly shapely and I felt very exposed without long pants on.
    He quickly complimented me which caused me to blush though I was not the only one.
    The subject quickly changed and Danny started to share his uncertainty of the current style as well as where in the heck he was.

"Haha! Don't worry about it Danny, just follow me and I'll get you where we need to go." I said with a smile as I followed him towards the door and slipped out into the late morning air.
    A little chill ran up along my bare legs and I found myself missing my pants already but those clothes were off limits for me now. I was no longer a man. I was no longer Vio, I was Violet.
    "There's a clothes shop not too far away from here. It should have everything we need." I noted as we began down along the sidewalk side by side.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:17 pm

ooc - Ready to jump into the future after your post?

bic - Walking in the area of the house the night before was a much different experience the walking in the area of the house now. Despite the great vision during the night, Danny felt as though he actually had the time to walk and really take in the environment without fear of someone chasing the two and hauling them back into the government facility they had just escaped from. Now he could exam the neighbours lawns, the various community centres, and Violet, which was a different experience on it's own. Whenever they talked it wouldn't just be man to man any more. They still shared a bond and still had strong trust in each other, but they wouldn't be able to share the kind of connection two guys make, the same way men would never experience the same connection that two girls make. It would take some getting use to for the both of them, but it wouldn't be a major strain on their friendship.

A half hour later they were inside the mall for some good ol' fashion shopping. Every so often Danny's head would twitch or he'd clean he's ears. "They're awfully loud, aren't they?" Danny asked not use to all the noise and commotion of daily life any more. It was just another thing he would have to get use to. Even while the two were walking someone had accidentally walked into Danny. He reacted on instinct and almost got into a fight with a man a year younger than himself.
    For the most part, however, the shopping trip was a great success. Both Danny and Violet were both laughing and enjoying themselves, actually having fun with their time now. The fashion had changed, but it was easy enough for Danny to pick up on the trends (though a couple outfits did result in Danny's embarrassment).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:43 pm