Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

3 posters

Broken Strings (Avalon/Dream)

Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Broken Strings (Avalon/Dream) - Page 5 Empty Broken Strings (Avalon/Dream)

Post by Dream Rationally Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

Broken Strings (Avalon/Dream) - Page 5 1274918422_4

Setting

At some point in most people’s lives, thing take a turn for the worst. Everyone has their dark days, some people never get out of them. For him and her, things have definitely taken a turn. On one hand, she’s been rejected by her family, sent off to the military, tried to wipe clean her train wreck of a life but that seemed to only make it worse. She lost part of herself along the way…literally. However, they never would have met without that tragedy.

He’s been blind for the last fifteen years, and sure, he dealt with it. However recently, it’s been getting more and more difficult for him to face this world without being able to see it. He misses the beauty, he misses feeling things, being able to connect with his environment. Most of all, he’s lonely. And she is damaged.

Thankfully, they found each other. There is a rehabilitation center in Portland, Oregon. Where the weather is usually a dreary rain, and the rehab center has the best therapy sessions in the state. She has been signed up by her parents to attend this group session, for eight weeks. With a room to herself, food, books…and a mandatory group session once a day.

He was an old patient, through his adolescence and growth as a person he had been coming to the center for help whenever he needed it, his parents eagerly paying the sign-up fees in a heartbeat. One of his ways to pay back this facility?
    Volunteering as a guest speaker to the other trauma patients for a month, he meets a rather interesting girl…
    Avalon
    Avalon

Broken Strings (Avalon/Dream) - Page 5 Empty Re: Broken Strings (Avalon/Dream)

Post by Avalon Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:37 pm

As she quickly kissed me, I couldn’t help but lean into her slightly as she broke away, craving for more. It was strange, the way she could drive me so mental in a heartbeat.
    However, I had to conduct the second half of today’s lesson, so I blinked as she dropped my hand, trying to clear my clouded head, the ghost of a goofy half-smile painting my lips.

We were the last ones back in the room, and the soft chit-chatter slowly stopped as I returned to my chair, smile gone, instead replaced with a neutral gaze that drifted around the room as everyone took their seats, silence filling the air until I broke it with a grin.

“I’m going to move into something a bit lighter, okay?” I stood as I spoke, walking toward the door, “Well? Come on, then.” I called to the group, who rose to follow me, a few curious noises being heard along with the sound of footsteps slapping against linoleum.

My voice echoed off the walls as I led them, listening intently for Molly’s unique stride and grinning as I heard it. “You’ve all been here for a while now, and this place can be...uninviting. And frankly, boring as hell.” I said, keeping to the pattern of honesty for this lesson, turning down one of the familiar halls without having to even touch my walking stick, which was retracted safely in my leather bag, which was slung around one of my shoulders.

“But I’m going to give you a little tour of some of the more...interesting spots. They were my secret places to just...get away, when I used to be a patient here.” I said, hearing a dreamy sigh beside me, taking a second to realize that it was Bonnie, who had caught up to match my stride. I tried to ignore the click of her heels, and how it had become so loud that I could no longer hear Molly walking anymore, but it was proving difficult.

At first, I led them to the gardens, walking slow enough that they could explore, but still keep up to me. Most of them had probably seen this place already, but it wasn’t the flowers that I was leading them to. Shortly, the path got a bit rougher, and I knew that the trees were getting thicker, turning into a kind of small, secluded forest. If you listened really hard, you could hear the large lake close by, especially on a day like this, the wind tickling my nose in the chilly breeze.

Soon, we all stood in a loose line, and I knew what they were all looking at, the place I had come to for years to just have a silent thought on my own. The place that I had never shown anyone before.
    The gazebo.
    It probably had been a cute little thing years ago, however time had taken its toll on the wood years ago, leaving it probably looking like something out of a horror story. The wood definitely felt rough.

I didn’t feel the need to say anything, so I didn’t, walking off around the trees and leaving the group to their own devices for a while. After a couple minutes, Ken joined me for a few jokes, and I couldn’t help but tilt my head to the side slightly, ears perking as I listened for Molly’s voice, wondering if she would actually speak to Bonnie. Wondering if Bonnie would let her.

Ooc: I had a strange night yesterday, and when I woke up I couldn't get back to sleep! I think I might be turning into a morning person.
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:04 pm

It took a bit of concentrating to get the huge smile off my lips as we walked back into the classroom together lest I let everyone know that something was going on between us. It would have been pretty obvious to even the dimmest of people but I managed to get the smile into a neutral kind of expression just as I passed through the doorway.
    Much to my surprise though we were back up and walking out into the hallway a minute later going on a tour of the spots Adam went to while he was a patient.

I walked a few people behind him with my hands buried in my pockets. Damn. It was getting hard to control myself around him now. The very first instinct that passed through me was to catch up, take his hand in mine, and walk as close to him as I possibly could.
    A small sigh passed my lips as we exited the building and made our way out into the gardens. It was a pleasant little place filled with flowers and little patches of grass where people could sit if they wanted to. I explored only a little bit before we moved on further into the forest behind the facility.

When we reached the gazebo I let out a quiet little coo of wonder. Of course the wooden structure was worn from the time since he was a patient but it still held a sense of beauty and wonder in it. I could almost imagine how wonderful it would have been to sit in it while listening to the soft sounds of nature surrounding you.
    In the back of my mind I wondered whether maybe I'd be able to get Adam to take me here one night so we could sit together for a few hours.. I smiled at the thought.

Soon I noticed that Adam had moved away from the rest of us, leaving us to our devices, but was still tilting his head more or less in my direction. I'd been with him more than enough to know that he was listening for something.
    It was then that I noticed Bonnie standing alone while the others meandered about in the grass split off into little groups of three or four. It occurred to me that he was waiting for me to carry out the promise I'd made earlier. Oh boy.

I cautiously approached the figure of Bonnie who happened to be glancing around as if she were looking for something. Although it didn't occur to me at first, for not so obvious reasons really, I realized she was trying to figure out where Adam had gone so she could once again follow up on the offer of dinner she had apparently proposed earlier in the session. I bit down on my bottom lip as I stepped to her side and reached out to place my hand on her shoulder.
    "Hey, Bonnie.. How's it going?" I almost winced at how stupid I must have sounded but it truly was all I could manage to think of. What else could I say to the woman who'd shot so many daggers at me I felt like I needed a knife-proof vest?

A part of me didn't want anything to do with her but at the same time the rest of me wanted to figure out what was going on. I hated when someone didn't like me and I had no explanation as to why that was. I was even able to push aside the fact that she'd basically asked my.. boyfriend.. out on a date.
    If Adam was right on his hunch then a friend would certainly help her. Right?
    I mean if he was wrong then I'd just made the biggest mistake in the world but if he was right maybe I would be able to help her out.

(ooc: Join us! We are the superior race! Haha I've always been a morning person but not after only a few hours of sleep.. XD

Additional question; do you have a plan for the direction of the Bonnie twist? Because I might have one if you don't..)
    Avalon
    Avalon

Post by Avalon Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:05 pm

Bonnie gazed around the forest, impressed at the little structure Adam had brought them to, but the feeling was ultimately surpassed by disgust. It’s so dirty here, she thought to herself, looking down at her black heels and frowning at the mud.
    Quickly she became bored of looking at the simply building, and instead went on the hunt for what she wanted to look at more than some rickety old two-by-fours thrown together with nails and old white paint. Adam.

After a moment, she pouted as she could not find him, looking harder as she tilted her head to the side slightly to look around a tree. Just as she thought she saw one of his lovely brown curls that she just wanted to run her fingers through, a hand on her shoulder made her jump.
    A sexy Cheshire cat smile painted her lips as she turned around slowly, but her look quickly changed back to the lingering disgust that made her nose crinkle slightly at what she saw, instead of the man she had expected.
    “What?” She asked, making a point to be rude to the cripple. She had no right snatching Adam away from her, Bonnie had been making it obvious that she had her sights set on him…unless she was blind just like her little boy toy, along with missing a limb.
    Slowly, she began to get nastier, eyes wandering over Molly’s outfit with a growing sneer as she saw a cat.
    “Nice top.” She said sarcastically before finally scoffing, rolling her eyes slightly and not bothering to look the girl directly in the eye as she folded her fake-tanned arms across her chest. “What do you want?”

I knew she had it taken care of, and grinned to myself as I walked with Ken, listening to the boy speak with a small polite nod here and there.
    Ken came from a good family, better than anyone would have ever hoped for. His father had known he was gay before Ken even knew the difference between boys and girls, and he accepted his son without a question. Ken’s mother sounded like an awfully cute woman, who apparently had been trying to lose her last ten pounds for seventeen years. That got a little chuckle out of me, which turned into a full laugh as Ken added:
    “I don’t know why she wants to lose the weight anyway, she looks fabulous.” He giggled boyishly with an obvious flourish on the last word.

I was suddenly…happy. Like, really and truly happy. For a while, it was rough…with Paul going out every other night with girls and his work friends, and life becoming…something less than livable lately. It had been growing difficult to paint on a smile in the mornings.
    However, I really thought about what way things were headed at this point, and the thought brought me a smile. This group was really full of amazing people, especially one certain girl.

“Alright, I’m going to say we’re done for the day!” I called as Ken and I made it back to the clearing, which held my little gazebo. “I’ll show you guys my other special spots later, think of these little outings as…field trips.” I winked, before hearing many of them begin to turn back to the facility. I slowly walked up the old wooden steps, and sat in my familiar place in the gazebo, sighing faintly with a small, secret-smile causing my eyes to twinkle gently as the breeze picked up, and I was suddenly glad of the heavy jacket I had worn today.

ooc: Nope, I had no plan for the twist, I just thought the plot needed a little thickening. If you have an idea, be my guest! I'll go along with it (:
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:18 pm

The look I got the moment Bonnie turned around was one that made me want to just swivel a full 180 degrees on my heel and walk away like I hadn't said anything. If only because I knew exactly who that giant flirtatious smile had been for. Somehow though I managed to keep a straight face even as she continued to sneer at me and comment on the clothing I was wearing. I had to admit, I was dressed quite poorly compared to her but I didn't feel like it mattered much either way. I wasn't kind of girl who would go out of my way to dress up on a day I didn't think anything exciting would happen. On those days though I became unrecognizable (even though the last time I dressed myself up like that was years ago).

Having been in the military I was quite used to being teased and insulted. Most of the time they weren't sincere insults, rather offhanded comments to which I was supposed to come back with something clever or be made fun of for the rest of the day, but there was nothing she could have said that would have phased me. I'd been called pretty much every name in the book so far in my life. So I simply brushed away her insults so I could at least try to help her, if only for Adam's sake.
    "It seems like you're kind of drifting away from the rest of the group. I don't want to see that happen.. If you ever feel like you need someone to talk to or a friend, you can always come to me okay?" I spoke as sincerely as I possibly could and was quite surprised by the resulting tone.
    In a way I truly meant what I was saying though. If it meant her getting through whatever hardship she was going through, then I'd do whatever I could to help.

Bonnie's face darkened even further from its expression of utter distaste and disgust. As if the very thought of coming to me for help sickened her as well as angered her. Suddenly I realized, with the way she had been acting, she probably thought I was talking down to her. Like I was her superior or something like that.
    At least the expression on her face seemed to portray some kind of reaction like that. It went from dismissal to pretty much absolute hatred in a matter of seconds. Never before in my life had I ever seen someone with such a strong hatred for another. Much less me. Suddenly she exploded in a voice dipped in poison.

"Of all the people in this world I'd go to, you'd be the last one." She hissed only loud enough for me to hear as she knew the rest of the group were probably still meandering about the area and she didn't want them to hear her. Soon she was in my face close enough to where I could smell the sickeningly sweet cotton-candy scented perfume she used. Bonnie was undeterred even by the fact that I was taller than her by a few inches. Probably because in her eyes I was just a girl trying to get between her and her prize, like getting between a lion and its prey.
    "If I were you I'd back off Adam. You're not good enough for him." She added as she brought her hands up and with a sharp jolt, pushed me back.

Of course, as you can imagine, it's one thing to lose your balance when you can just swing your leg back and your heel adjusts itself to the incline of the ground behind you. I have no such luxury. In fact suddenly losing my balance was an assured trip straight to the ground and as such that's exactly where I went. It was just my luck that I'd land in the only muddy puddle there was left after the rain of the night before.
    I let out a quiet cry of surprise as well as pain as my most of my body was covered in mud. That didn't stop Bonnie though, it only made her laugh.
    "See? You're nothing but a dirty, ugly, washed-up, disgusting.. little.. CRIPPLE." She put so much emphasis on the last word it was dripping with hate.
    Before I could so much as get a word in though she'd turned on her heel and was walking back towards the facility with a smug smile on her face like a huge weight had just been lifted from her chest. While I was left to pull myself out of the mud with her words echoing in my mind. My expression was completely neutral as I took one look at my ruined clothes, ran a hand through my matted hair, and felt the now tender spot on my rear where I'd landed hard on the ground.
    Without another thought I turned to head back towards the gazebo where I hoped I'd find Adam. That was the only place he'd go right?

Sure enough he was sat right there in the wooden seat. I approached him quietly, plunked myself down next to him, looked him over once, and even though I hated to ruin his clothes with the mud that covered me I leaned towards him and wrapped my arms around his waist while burying my face into his neck. It was there and only there that I allowed myself to burst into a flurry of tears and sobs.
    My arms tightened around him as the sobs racked my whole body and my tears mixed in with the mud splashed on my cheek. Like a pathetic little child to their teddy bear I clung to him.
    I couldn't say anything. I didn't want to say anything. I just needed to be there with Adam.

ooc: I hope you don't mind what I did with her. I've got some ideas for the future but I'm still trying to figure out when they'll be implemented. I hope Adam is ready though! Wink
    Avalon
    Avalon

Post by Avalon Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:22 pm

Just as I was planning to rise, brush myself off, perhaps find Molly and hang out for a while, maybe just go home and see what Paul was up to…I was unable to move.
    She was there in a second, clinging to me like a beacon of light in the darkness. And she cried as well, hard sobs that made a lump form in my throat, making it hard to breathe.
    I didn’t say anything for a long time, I just sat there with her, wrapping my arms around her and holding her close, resting my chin on the top of her head and feeling mud on my neck. What the heck?

After a while, her body calmed into a kind of weak shaking, and her sobs faded to sniffles. Carefully, I took my jacket off and wrapped it around her shoulders, placing one hand on her cheek and running my thumb along her skin, head tilting to the side slightly as I felt more mud beneath my fingertips.
    “What happened?” I murmured, kissing the tears away on both of her cheeks and feeling my brows knit together in worry.

The wind picked up slightly, and I felt my body get closer to hers, protecting her from the cold. “Come on, I’ve got you.” I told her gently, my voice soft. I had never seen Molly this breakable before, and frankly, it frightened me. What on earth had happened to this poor thing? Careful not to jostle her too much, I wrapped my arms securely around her waist and stood with her, walking down to the path slowly, all the while murmuring comforting whispers into her, trying to coax her out of whatever had broken her down.

Instead of leading her back to the facility, I led her back to my apartment. There was no need for added embarrassment in the Fredericks Center, if we walked in together with her cheeks tear stained and both of us all muddy now.
    I unlocked my apartment door with a quick turn of the wrist, and walked her over to the kitchen, where I gently left her sitting on one of the barstools surrounding the island. Then, I boiled water and placed a cup of hot cocoa in front of her.
    “Molly?” I said her name tentatively, leaning on the opposite side of the island and nervously running my hand through my hair.

ooc: Nice post! And I don't mind at all, that sounded exactly like something Bonnie would do.
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:29 pm

It'd been months since the last time I broke down this badly. In fact that last time sobs racked my body so much had been the first few days after my arrival back in the States when I was faced with being handicapped for the rest of my life. The reality of the whole situation had been heartbreaking for me and as such I simply broke down when I was left alone with only the soft piano on the radio to keep me company.
    The snap came from the way Bonnie had called me a cripple. Of course I'd been called such things before but never with such a strong amount of hate. Her tone alone made me feel like I was just as gross as the dirt that coated my clothing and hair.

Adam said nothing for the longest of times but he held me just the way I knew he would. The reason I'd gone to him in the first place was because I knew he'd understand what I needed; a shoulder to cry on who would do nothing but accept me for who I was. His words reassured me and when he kissed the tears out of my eyes, I immediately felt myself calm down a bit.
    Of course there was no stopping my tears altogether but by the time we were up and walking I'd gotten to just sniffling with an occasional embarrassing hiccup. There was no judgment from him though and for that I was never going to be able to thank him enough.

I was surprised when we didn't head back towards the facility but instead made our way in the opposite direction. By the time I realized where we were going it was too late to turn around. Not that I would have wanted to honestly. The very last place I wanted to be was the facility at this point.
    I wanted to be with Adam whether that meant being in my room at the facility or his apartment where we ended up only minutes later. It was a pleasant place more than big enough for two people to live in though I was glad his roommate, Paul, was not there.
    Some kind of a first impression that would have left him with.. the first time he saw the girl his roommate was interested in is when she's crying and covered in mud.

The sight of his muddied clothing, when he pulled away, made some of the tears come back to my eyes but it wasn't long before I had my fingers wrapped around a warm cup of hot cocoa that warmed the very depths of my being. The calm came back and I felt I could speak to respond to the question he'd asked when I first approached him.
    "I tried speaking to her but I don't think Bonnie likes me very much.." I trailed off before I shook my head.
    "Can't say I didn't try though.." I added with a half-hearted laugh. After that though I fell silent for a few seconds that I took up with sipping from the steaming cup.

"I'm sorry about getting your clothes all muddy. I didn't know where else to go." My soft voice broke the short silence as I pulled myself up from the island chair where he'd set me down when we first got to his apartment.
    In the short walk between the chair and where he was stood I gave the place a quick glance-around before I reached Adam's tall handsome figure. It was there that I set my cup down, reached out to place my hands on his chest while my fingers gently gripped at the front of his shirt, and I leaned up to softly press my lips to his in a soft but loving kiss.
    I just wanted to be close to him right now. He was my best source of comfort.

When I could no longer hold my breath I pulled away from the kiss with a quiet sigh. I stayed where I was while still looking up into his unseeing eyes.
    "Don't get her in trouble.. She needs help but she's fighting it." I murmured quietly.
    Avalon
    Avalon

Post by Avalon Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:58 pm

She sipped her cocoa and we sat in silence until she broke it, and I felt my eyes widen in shock, a touch of guilt finding its way into my features. It was my fault…if I hadn’t sent her to talk to Bonnie, she wouldn’t have…
    However, my thoughts were cut short when she came close enough to me that I could smell the faint remainder of her perfume underneath the earthy tone of mud. And she kissed me, the kind of kiss that I could linger in.
    Softly, I brought my hands up to her cheeks, bending down lightly to press my lips into hers, wishing I could kiss away the guilt that was starting to consume me.

But she broke away before it went away, and I wrapped my arms around her tightly, shaking my head. “She’s not…in trouble.” The words were forced, and a sigh followed. If she hadn’t asked me, I would have probably booted her out of my class. But Molly’s words were the only thing that seemed to soothe the open gash of guilt, so I would listen to her.

A kind smile softened my features as I gazed down at her, “Don’t worry, mud can be washed.” I kissed her forehead gently, tilting my head to the side faintly. “If you want a shower…” I paused, testing the waters. I wasn’t trying to make a move on her, it was just a polite offer, but my cheeks still flushed red.
    “I-I mean, if you want to wash up the bathroom is right there. I might have some clean clothes…?” I smiled innocently, the red sticking to my cheeks although I wish it wouldn’t.

Shaking my head at myself, I walked her over to the main bathroom, waiting by the door as she walked in. I leaned back on my heels awkwardly for a moment, before chuckling faintly. “I’ll be in the kitchen.” I said as I turned and walked back to the open living space.
    Stupid, stupid, stupid Adam! Why couldn’t you have just talked to Bonnie yourself instead of getting Molly caught up in your mess? My throat felt hot as a lump formed, but I quickly rubbed my face, shaking my head once more.

As Molly washed up, I took a moment to do the same, using Paul’s bathroom to wash the mud off of my face and neck, then walking to my bedroom, grabbing a hoodie and an old pair of jeans for Molly. They were probably going to be a bit big on her, but it was better than nothing. With a tired sigh, I lifted my own shirt over my head, fingers grazing over the little red mark left from Gordon this morning before I simply scratched my bare chest, letting my hands drop as I fished out a pair of flannel pajama pants and put them on, walking barefoot back to the kitchen with the clothes I planned to lend Molly folded under one arm.
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:07 am

The relief that flooded through me when Adam said, though is voice did sound forced, that Bonnie wasn't going to get in trouble was huge. I truly did not want him to get her in trouble even though she had taken advantage of the fact that I couldn't adjust my step and called me a cripple. As bad as what she did was, her getting in trouble would have made things so much worse. If only because it would make her even more bitter and resistant to the help being offered to her.
    A part of me hoped that she would realize just how much help she truly did need but if she didn't, I wasn't sure what we could do at that point.

"Thank you." I whispered quietly as he ran his hands gently through my hair and found that a smile came to rest on my lips when he said that mud could be washed off. He was right but still, I felt bad for getting his clothes all dirty. It was nice knowing that he wasn't angry with me or anything like that.
    Then came the suggestion of taking a shower to get rid of the mud that was now caked on the skin of my arms, face, and neck. If it weren't for the dirt on my cheeks he would have been able to feel the heat coming off them at the suggestion of showering at his apartment.

Of course the thought that he might be making a move on me never so much as brushed the very edge of my thoughts. I knew Adam wasn't that kind of guy. He wasn't the kind to take advantage of a girl when she was vulnerable either physically or emotionally. It just didn't fit his personality.
    So the only reason I was blushing was because I knew I was going to need to borrow some of his clothes and I'd probably end up spending the night here as a result.. not that I minded that thought.
    The more time I got to spend with him the better.
    "I'll take you up on that offer." I replied with a giggle at the flush on his cheeks before I leaned up to press a little kiss against the tip of his nose.

I then followed Adam through the apartment into his room where I tried not to let my eyes wander too much. The very last thing I wanted to do was seem nosy in any way, shape, or form. Though he wouldn't have noticed either way.
    He led me to his bathroom and waited there for just a second before moving out of the room to get the mud off his own body. When I could no longer hear his footsteps in the room next door I started to pull off my clothing until I was left with nothing on.
    Even the thought of being in the same apartment as Adam with no clothing on made my cheeks burn a deep red color but I couldn't help but giggle at the same time. I was being silly.

The shower was exactly what I needed. It calmed me down even more, washed away the mud out of my hair and off my skin, and gave me a moment to just think over the possibility of my sleeping over with Adam. I mean, he'd have to offer of course but if I did, what was going to happen? If anything at all mind you. A part of me wanted to find out while another part of me felt like it wasn't the best of ideas.
    By the time I finished my shower though I'd made up my mind even though I realized, while climbing out with a towel wrapped around me, I was going to need clothes.
    With one hand clinging the towel I walked to the doorway of Adam's room when I saw that he wasn't waiting for me.
    As I peered into the room I was already speaking. "Hey, do you have some.. clothes..for..me...?" I trailed off when I saw him shirtless with some clothes tucked under his arm.
    I forced myself to blink out of my little trance.

In an instant I was blushing but much to my surprise I didn't feel the urge to throw myself back into his room when he glanced up in the direction of my voice. I knew he was blind and there was no way of him seeing me with nothing more than a towel wrapped around me.
    "I don't think you or Paul would enjoy the alternative option." I managed to say in a joking tone before I giggled playfully, running a hand through my wet hair to get it out of my eyes.

(The shirtless thing was what I got, but if he isn't then.. oops haha, my mistake!)
    Avalon
    Avalon

Post by Avalon Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:15 pm

I heard the padding of feet draw closer, and Molly's voice met me shortly after she entered the room. I smiled at how her voice caught in her throat slightly, walking over to her and handing her the clothes. Gently, I found her cheek and tucked a wet lock of hair behind her ear, raising one eyebrow playfully.
    "They're probably going to be big," I shrugged one shoulder, chuckling lightly. "And Paul would love to come home to a stranger in a towel, believe me." My chuckle grew to a laugh as I felt myself blush lightly. What was it about Molly that could get me so tongue tied and stupid in a matter of seconds?

I took a polite step away from her, rubbing my tummy absentmindedly as I smiled boyishly in her direction. Frankly, I was just glad she seemed to be in a bit of a better mood, although her voice was still rather quiet from all that crying.
    My stomach felt sore at the memory of her sobbing, and I shivered lightly, trying to forget the sound.

"You can change in my room, if you like. It's just through those wooden double doors." I raised my hand in a casual gesture toward the room, hand raising up to fall behind my neck, running my fingers through my hair lightly.
    I was already turning, face beginning to change to a scarlet red as I thought of how strange it was to have Molly in a towel in my apartment. I tried to remember what day it was, grinning when I realized it was Friday and Paul would be out for the evening. Perhaps I was too excited to be alone with her, but as my thoughts drifted back to the kiss last night, I decided it was alright to feel a little excited.

Gordon rubbed himself against my leg, following me to the kitchen as I leaned against the counter, finding an apple and biting into it. The cat jumped up next to me, and absentmindedly I began to scratch him behind the ears.
    "Don't be rude to our guest, Gord. She's nice." I murmured down to the cat playfully, rubbing my nose against the top of his head. He purred in response, and I grinned back at him.

Ooc: Haha yes you got that one right
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:06 pm

My eyes were focused on his every movement as he approached me and reached out to brush a lock of my still wet hair out of my face. The warmth of his touch made me smile as well as blush while I struggled not to look down away from his face. If only because I felt like.. I don't know, I felt like it was wrong. If only because I knew I wouldn't be able to take my eyes away from him once they moved down there. I was snapped out of my thoughts by his voice.
    "I sure hope so!" I exclaimed with a giggle as I took the clothes from the almost equally bare figure of Adam.
    His second comment threw me off guard though and immediately my cheeks were right back to the scarlet red color they had been before.

"O-Oh sure, I'll change there." I stuttered quietly as he pointed me in the direction of his room where I could change in peace. I moved in that direction before I could give myself the chance to gawk at Adam. Not that I hadn't gotten more than an eye-full the moment I walked into the room looking for him.
    The moment I saw him in the group session room for the first time I knew that he was good-looking beneath his clothes (which was embarrassingly one of the first thoughts that crossed my mind when I saw him) but I never could have imagined just how perfect he was.

By the time I got into his room I was blushing so much I thought I was never going to get the color to leave my cheeks. A smile was plastered on my lips though. Everything was going perfectly in my life right now. Of course there was that little hiccup with Bonnie but still, Adam had feelings for me and I had feelings for him. Not only that but he was drop-dead gorgeous to go along with the fact that he had a perfect personality. He was basically the perfect guy that most girls dreamed of at night but because he was blind..he was perfect for someone like me.
    Absolutely perfect.

Ten minutes later I came walking out of Adam's room wearing his clothes. The blush was only faint on my cheeks now and it was only because I knew I looked ridiculous wearing such a large size. When I looked at myself in the mirror I couldn't help but giggle and as I walked out into the main living area I was almost glad he couldn't see me. He would have laughed too.
    "Hey you." I purred contentedly as I approached the island where he was leaning and came up next to him, wrapping my arms around his waist while hugging him from more or less behind. His body was warm without a layer of fabric covering it. I welcomed that warmth with a happy little kiss against his shoulder while I glanced over it towards his cat.
    "You're a lucky little guy to have such an amazing owner, you know that?" I murmured quietly to Gordon as I reached out to let him sniff at my hand curiously.

A quiet sigh passed my lips as I let my head come to rest against his shoulder. I wasn't sure when his roommate was getting back but I honestly didn't care. I just wanted to spend time with him. Even if it was in complete silence I would have been perfectly happy. It was nice to get away from the facility.
    "Are you getting hungry?" I asked with a glance towards the clock on the oven, noting that it was getting into the early evening now.

ooc: Phew! I'm glad! Smile
    Avalon
    Avalon

Post by Avalon Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:13 pm

As she approached me, I couldn't help but notice the familiar scent that mingled with the faint hue of her perfume. She smelled like me. It was a strange thought, but one that made me smile nonetheless. I turned around to pick her up gently but suddenly, placing her on the counter next to the fridge and Gordon, who batted at her playfully.
    "Honestly Molly, you should know me better." I wiggled my eyebrows at her playfully, leaning in to kiss both of her cheeks softly. "I'm pretty much hungry all the time." I chuckled, chewing on the insides of my cheeks thoughtfully for a few moments.

"Can I tell you a secret?" I drew my shoulders up as I leaned into the counter, voice low as I whispered in her ear. "I'm a horrible cook." I tried to sound serious, but I cracked up at the end, grinning at her as I took a tiny step backwards, fingers moving absentmindedly up to the red scratch. It was strange, how I'd only had that scratch for one day yet it felt like it had been there forever. I felt my gaze drift toward where I knew Gordon was perched, as I tossed him a goofy look. Damn cat.

My smile kind of turned sheepish as I wondered if she expected me to cook, and what a disaster that could turn out to be. "I can make toast. And cereal?" I rose an eyebrow in her direction, the playful grin still painting my lips. I loved the sound of her voice when she was happy, the way I could hear her smiling was simply intoxicating. When she was crying, it was different. Like someone had ripped a hole through my stomach.
    "Oh and I can make a mean bowl of ramen noodles." I added with a wink, leaning back and stretching slightly with a little yawn, the sound turning into a growl. "Paul is the chef, I'm just the bus boy." I shrugged lightly, fingers finding the pants that I had loaned her, grinning at how they trailed past her feet slightly. Gently, I began rolling them up to her shins to make it easier for her to walk, fingers lingering on the prosthetic leg with a hint of curiosity making my eyes twinkle, head tilted to the side slightly in the way that it always did whenever I was 'seeing' something. My fingers only stayed for an extra second, knowing that that was probably a touchy subject for her, and I wanted to keep her in a good mood this evening. No more tears, I didn't think I could handle it.
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:58 pm

I let out a sudden cry of surprise when he picked me up, with an amazing amount of ease I might note, and lifted me up onto the counter next to him. I giggled at my own silliness as I leaned back on my hands, watching him with a contented smile as he spoke. His kisses against my cheeks made my heart flutter while at the same time I fought the urge to grab him and pull him back for another kiss against his soft lips. Gah! My sudden urges were getting worse and worse with every moment I was with him.. How was I going to survive spending the night?
    The promise of a secret made my ears perk up and I leaned forward to play in with the secrecy of the whole thing.

When he told me that he was a terrible cook I could not help but laugh. Not at the fact that he was a terrible cook but rather at my own assumption of a much more important secret. All the same I found that Adam was doing a fantastic job of turning my mood around. In what must have only been an hour he'd gotten me from a crying mess to laughing and smiling. A complete 180 degree turn in emotions.
    That was what I.. loved.. about him. He could make me feel happy no matter what.
    As he began to list off the things he could prepare with his cooking skills I gave him an amused look along with a giggle when he mentioned his 'mean bowl of ramen'.

At one moment I felt his fingers against my leg and a little shiver ran up along the length of my spine. When I realized he was simply rolling up the legs of the pants he'd given me, which were about two sizes too big for me, I relaxed a little bit. Although when his fingers paused against the cold metal and plastic of my prosthetic we both seemed to pause for a moment to take in the sensation. Of course there was no real sensation for me but I watched as the curiosity flooded his face as he 'saw' the prosthetic for the first time.
    When he drew his hands away I reached out to gently catch them with my own, slowly bringing them back towards the prosthetic. I guided his hands up towards the middle of my thigh where the plastic sheath covered the bottom of my stump. I placed his hands there with a small smile.
    "That's where my leg ends.. Just above the knee more or less." I murmured quietly as my hands left his to explore the rest of what I imagined was a very strange thing to 'see'.
    "If you weren't blind, you'd see it anyway. I don't mind." I added in a warm welcoming kind of tone.

The subject of my leg was somewhat touchy but it was different when Adam was the one exploring it. I had yet to fully tell him about what happened..which was somewhat unfair seeing as I knew what happened to him.. but I knew it would come soon enough. I was growing much too fond of him not to tell him what happened. It was only right that he knew. So he might further understand why I was in the facility at all.
    "Kinda weird, isn't it?" I mused with a giggle as I lifted my leg slightly which caused the knee joint to straighten just a little bit by means of an internal spring, meant to make it easier to stand up from a sitting or lying position.
    "You should have seen how bad I was at walking the first few times I tried in physiotherapy."
    Avalon
    Avalon

Post by Avalon Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:19 pm

As quickly as I had drawn my hand away, she had caught it, bringing it back to move around the mixture of plastic and metal along her leg. A deep scarlet blush made me cough lightly, as I blinked, letting myself move my fingers over it a little more freely now, listening to her voice with perked ears. Softly, my fingers moved up to her knee joint, then to her skin, gently tickling her for a second with a light smile as I let my hand drop.
    After a moment, with her last comment, my smile dropped and my eyes widened like a small child. "Even if I had my vision, I don't think I could survive seeing you in a bad state." I said honestly, shaking my head at the thought. Even just hearing her sobbing moments earlier had broken me, perhaps I was a little too sensitive about Molly. Well, I suppose that's the way it should be when you were falling for someone.
    Always caring too much.

"Thank you." I murmured after a moment, thanking her for letting me see such a private part of her life. It was always so strange to see things in people for the first time, however, exhilarating. Just as I had done the night before, I gently brought one of my hands up to her face, tracing the line of her lips with my thumb, feeling her breath on my skin.
    Then, I quickly tapped her nose with my index finger before I pushed myself away from the counter and her, moving toward the fridge with a lopsided grin.

"I can make...burnt grilled cheese? Or PB and J's, or..." I shook my head faintly as I leaned against the door of the fridge, running a hand through my hair sheepishly with an embarrassed laugh. I didn't think that I would ever be cooking for her, because frankly anything I did cook either turned out burnt or didn't taste like anything even remotely edible.
    "Or takeout!" I raised an eyebrow at her as I felt my smile turn wide, teeth showing as the grin touched my eyes, making them glitter playfully. With any other girl, I would probably feel like an idiot, but with Molly, I felt as if it didn't matter if I was a master chef or clueless in the kitchen. And I was definitely thankful for that, because I was obviously in the clueless category.

I felt my head tilt to the side in wonder as I heard the soft padding of Gordon's paws climb up onto what I knew to be Molly's lap, a soft purring coming from him.
    "Wow, that has never happened before. He's usually such a little shit." I blinked, walking toward the two of them once more, pointing toward the scratch on my chest. "He gave me this last night, devil cat." I shook my head in disbelief as he continued to sit in Molly's lap. Despite my words, I still scratched him lovingly behind one ear for a few moments, trying to wrap my head around it.
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:51 pm

The moment we shared as he explored my prosthetic was.. intense. It was the first time in a very long time anyone had really taken interest in the thing for any other reason than making fun of it or pointing it out in the street. For Adam it was exploring a part of me. Something that I was stuck with for the rest of my life just the same way he was stuck with his blindness.
    When he replied to my comment that he wouldn't have been able to take seeing me in such a bad way, I blushed deeply. His answer was incredibly sweet to say the very least. I found that immediately I wanted to just pounce on him and smother him with kisses for being such a sweetheart.
    Before I could really act on that urge though he'd pushed away from the counter towards the fridge listing the other things he could make for us.
    The amused smile came back to my lips as the list went on.

"That'd work." I replied when he suggested take-out but something moving in my lap caught my attention. I glanced down to find that the cat from before, by the name of Gordon I remembered, was making his way into the warmth of my lap. When he came to settle down there I almost squealed at the cuteness of the image.
    Adam's words drew my gaze up though and I shook my head at the sight of the scratch on his chest. I'd noticed it before but it hadn't occurred to me that his cat could have caused the injury.
    As he came close I reached out to touch the mark, brushing my fingers against it lightly for a few moments. They remained there on his chest, against his warm skin, before I drew them up to hang around his neck.
    "How about we call for pizza or something? I'd rather not leave here unless I really have to." I said quietly with a smile as I let my fingertips lightly explore the soft skin at the back of his neck just below his hairline. After a second or two I leaned forward a bit while drawing him towards me so I could press a soft kiss to his lips. Had it not been for Gordon I would have brought him into a full embrace but the soft ball of fur was very contentedly purring in the warmth of my lap so the last thing I wanted to do was make him move. Especially seeing as I was an exception to the rule when it came to guests or even people in general.

When I pulled away from the kiss I let a sigh pass my lips though I left them so close they were just barely touching his. It was going to be hard to keep from just kissing him over and over again tonight. The more time I spent around him the harder it became to keep myself in check. How was I supposed to help the fact that every time Adam smiled he made my heart flutter in my chest like I was falling in love all over again? I couldn't!
    "I just want to spend tonight together with you." I whispered sincerely before giving him another brief kiss.

When I leaned back I glanced down towards the little fur ball in my lap. As much as I would have wanted to move, there was no way in heck I was going to be able to get Gordon off me without upsetting him. So I decided instead I'd just let him have his way and started to gently run my hand along the curve of his back, finding a smile came to my lips as he purred in appreciation.
    "Though that might be hard with him in my lap.." I giggled
    Avalon
    Avalon

Post by Avalon Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:55 pm

She touched the mark, and at first I raised my eyebrow curiously at what she was doing. Then her hands wound behind my neck and I sighed lightly, closing my eyes as I felt a soft smile turn up the corners of my lips. She kissed me after a moment, and I'm sure that if she hadn't, I would have. Gently, I leaned into her, forgetting Gordon was still between us until I felt a paw batting at my stomach, a grouchy sound coming from the fur ball in Molly's lap. A grin formed around a little laugh that escaped my lips when we parted, and I shook my head faintly.

Spoiler:

"He likes you, that's for sure." I chuckled, shivering slightly at the way her fingers tickled the back of my neck. "That makes two of us." I murmured into her ear as I forced myself to step away from the counter, walking toward the sheet that had a list of all the food places close by.

"Anything but Chinese food." I shook my head at the memory of Bonnie asking me out for dinner, a scoff escaping my lips as I let my fingers run over the brail dots that formed numbers and letters in my mind. "How does pizza sound? It's pretty much what I live off of when Paul isn't around." I laughed at myself as I scratched the back of my neck, touching the place where her fingers had been grazing a moment earlier.
    As I stood just a few feet away, I could hardly keep myself from wandering back to her and scooping her up into my arms. But I had to take it slow, no use ruining a good thing, right? And I had a feeling that my feelings weren't the only ones that were growing, and fast.

After a moment, I put food into Gordon's bowl, and only then did he hop off of Molly's lap. After taking a few seconds to resist the urge to draw myself back toward her, I gave into impulse, and returned to leaning in front of the girl I had come to fall for.
    "Any preferences?" I raised an eyebrow playfully at her as I curled a lock of her hair between two fingers, noting how it had become nearly dry now.
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:53 pm

Much to my surprise, and happiness, when I kissed Adam I felt him lean towards me as if he wanted to be brought into the warm embrace I would have given him if not for the furry figure of Gordon between us. In fact at one point I almost pulled away to warn him that he was going to squish the little guy until the cat batted at his stomach, causing him to pull away of his own accord.
    I laughed at the whole scene though I was somewhat relieved that Gordon had not left another scratch on his stomach like the one there was across his chest. When Adam set out the food I was a bit sad to see the little fur ball go but at the same time I was happy to have my lap back.
    "Yeah.. you're telling me." I mused as I watched his furry figure crouch next to his bowl quite happily.

His voice very quickly drew me out of my thoughts though at the mention that Gordon wasn't the only one who liked me. Immediately I blushed and all the words of the English language became lost to me. It wasn't news that he liked me but still..it was quite flustering for him to admit it so openly to me. I was so flustered in fact I almost missed my input into our meal.
    "Hmm.. Pizza sounds good. Something with meat on it. Pepperoni maybe? That sounds yummy to me." I said in a fuzzy kind of tone. Fuzzy was probably the only word that made sense for my voice at this point anyway. It was warm, soft, and loving. All because of the mood he had gotten me into with just his presence and maybe one or two of his kisses.. yeah, those kisses definitely helped a whole lot. Every single one of his kisses took my breath away and I doubted he even knew it.

Now that the cat was gone from my lap, Adam came back to take its place in front of me only this time there was nothing keeping us apart. As he stood there, twirling a lock of my hair between his fingers, it was all I could do not to grab him and pull him into a kiss right then and there. Somehow I managed to keep that urge back though if only for a moment or two.
    "Though if you'd rather we got another kind of pizza, that'd be fine too." I noted with a smile before I shuffled myself a little bit closer to the edge, reaching out to place my hands on his shoulders. With a gentle pull I drew him towards me so I could wrap my arms around him in a warm embrace. While his clothes were certainly warm and smelled faintly of his scent, the real thing was ten times better.

Suddenly I was reminded of what he had said and I leaned up so that my lips were barely an inch away from his ear. I knew his hearing was incredible so I could speak as quietly as I wanted and he was bound to hear me.
    "Oh and for the record.. I'm pretty crazy about you too, you know." I whispered nearly inaudibly. My tone was sincere as well as secretive. As if I were telling him something that was for his ears only and no-one else would ever hear.
    When I pulled away I took a moment to press a little peck to his lips before letting myself slide down from the counter completely, landing with a little thump as my prosthetic foot made contact with the floor.
    I grinned up at the handsome figure in front of me.

"I'd get on the phone to that pizza place before I make you too occupied for it." I cooed in a playful tone while running my hand along the length of one of his collar bones. Though I could not keep a straight face nor keep from giggling half-way through the action. That was just not like me. I was not the flirtatious type. At least, not physically flirtatious the way I could imagine some girls were.
    In fact my cheeks began to flush at the possible implications of my words despite the fact that I knew I was just playing around.
    "I'm going to sit on the couch." I excused myself both to give myself a second to calm down and him the chance to call for dinner.

(That cat is adorable. SO adorable. I want it! xD )
    Avalon
    Avalon

Post by Avalon Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:30 pm

“Good girl.” I nodded in approval as she opted for a meat pizza, and just as I parted my lips to say something more, she leaned toward me to breathe a note of affection in my ear, her voice barely above a whisper. I was slightly stunned for a second, and she took that moment to lightly peck my lips. After a few heartbeats I blinked, shaking my head as if to clear it.
    She was off the counter just as I was catching my breath with a slightly goofy grin, chucking to myself as I walked toward the phone.
    “You are definitely a distraction, but don’t worry, it’s the good kind.” I called to her as I heard her plunk herself down on the couch. We had a TV, but I felt strange watching it. Sure, some of the movies I used to watch as a kid still held their charm, but most movies just made me feel like an idiot.

Swiftly, I dialed the number of the pizza place, made an order and gave the guy my address. A regular Friday night, getting pizza and hanging with Paul. However, with his newfound interest in his office secretary, he was usually gone until late Saturday’s.
    As I hung up, I felt Gordon brush himself against one of my legs, and I gently scooped him up under one arm and brought him over to the couch, pausing to switch on the old antique radio I grew up with. My folks had thought it would be a good idea if some of the items in this place were from my childhood, so I could be more comfortable when I first moved in here. After a few years, I still hadn’t thrown out the old piece of junk.
    I probably wouldn’t ever throw it out. The tinny, raspy sound coming from it just made me feel a little more at home, even if it did walk between stations sometimes or lose a signal now and again.

“It’s your favourite girl, Gord.” I murmured to the fluff in my arms as I casually plunked myself down on the couch next to Molly, the cat straying from my lap into hers the second I sat down. “Pfft.” I shook my head as I grinned, wondering how it was even possible for such a grouchy cat to grow attached to someone so fast. Oh well, he had good taste, I had to admit.
    “I’m sorry about Bonnie.” I said softly after a few moments, bringing my arm up to wrap around her, giving her upper arm a gentle squeeze as I kissed the top of her head. Although we had not really discussed it, I knew that I was completely and totally hers.

Ooc: I know! Ugh when I saw it I just had to, heh :3
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:21 am

I settled down on the couch with a smile, crossing my arms over my chest as I tried to collect my thoughts together. It was hard to think whenever I was around Adam. I suppose that was only natural though. As I'd told him, I was absolutely crazy about him.
    It was the truth. Crazy was probably even an understatement but at this point I didn't want to ruin whatever it was we had going together. That was the last thing I wanted.
    When he came towards the couch and pretty much delivered Gordon to my lap I giggled happily, running my hand through the cat's soft fur.

"It's alright, it's not your fault. I don't know why she's fighting the help she so obviously needs.. I'm just sorry she wouldn't take the help I offered." I replied to him in a quiet voice as I closed my eyes with a sigh. As much as I was worried about Bonnie's progress within the facility as a patient, I was more worried about her almost obsessive crush on Adam. What.. what was the next step up from pushing me into a puddle of mud? Would she resort to even more severe kinds of physical violence in order to get me away from him?
    I just didn't know and that worried me more than anything.

Another quiet sigh passed my lips but instead of allowing my mind to focus on my worries, I shifted my attention towards the fact that I was with Adam right this very second. Bonnie would be tearing her (or my) hair out if she could see me now. This thought made a selfish little grin spread across my lips.
    My body turned slightly more so I could lay my legs across his lap while placing my hands together on Adam's chest palm down, enjoying the warmth of his skin. While still being careful to not squish Gordon in my lap.
    His heartbeat was comforting beneath my hand and just his presence in general made me smile. As I looked up at his face I knew I was in love. It was no longer just feelings. I was pretty much head over heels in love.

"I'm sort of glad I have this leg thing because if she had pushed me before I lost it, I would have thrown her to the ground out of pure reflex. The army trains you to.." I trailed off when I realized what I'd let slip. Up until now I had never even glanced the subject or even hinted at the fact that I was a veteran.
    Without saying another word I leaned towards Adam and placed my head against his shoulder, closing my eyes with a worried sigh.
    "That wouldn't have ended well.." I finished the thought in a quiet voice.

Avalon
    Avalon

Post by Avalon Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:40 pm

As she spoke I simply listened, placing my cheek down against the top of her head as I smiled softly at how she smelled like me. A clean smell, like a crystalline lake, or the smell of rain. Softly, I hummed along to the soft, fuzzy music coming from my old radio as she finished, her voice becoming quiet and slightly sad once more.
    Quickly, I moved a little away from her so she could see my face. Another brilliant time for a cheer-up, I thought.

“I think I’d pay money to see you go all kung-fu on Bonnie.” I wiggled my eyebrows playfully at her as I mimed karate-chopping the air, making a goofy noise before Gordon grumbled in response. “Hi-ya!” I then mimed chopping him, hand coming down gently on his fur. A soft purr sounded, mingling with my chuckle.
    “Perhaps I’ll speak to her from now on,” I shrugged one shoulder, “I’d rather keep you out of it from now on. You scared the crap out of me earlier.”

The tone I took was meant to be playful, but as I continued speaking it turned more worried, as my eyes widened childishly as I blinked, taking her face in my hands so I could feel her features lightly, taking in her expression. My fingers brushing over her cheekbones and eyelashes were lighter than a butterfly’s wings against a marble statue, the underlying message of my touch nearly screaming in the silence of the room: I would never hurt you like that.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang and I jumped. Gordon hissed at my muscles tightening against his cheek, where it had been resting against my abdomen. But I was already up, and he was setting back into Molly’s lap.
    As I walked to the door, I snagged a plain white t-shirt from the back of one of the chairs in the kitchen, pulling it on just as I answered the door. Hey, decency was polite.
    The pizza guy seemed like a zombie, probably dead bored at working on a Friday night. I gave him a good tip, which seemed to brighten his tone as he called a ‘thank you’ to me as he walked back down the hall.

Grabbing two plates, I walked over to the TV and switched it on to whatever channel Paul was watching earlier, the Discovery Channel theme sounding along with some dude speaking in a British accent about marine life and coral formations. I set the plates down on the low coffee table, grabbing us each a slice and picking off a piece of pepperoni, giving it to my strange little cat.
    “What a romantic meal.” I said past a huge mouthful of pizza with a boatload of sarcasm, making a goofy face as I wondered how in the hell a dork like me could end up with Molly.
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:01 pm

I smiled appreciatively when he told me that he was going to take over the conversations with Bonnie. I knew, now from experience, that I was the last person she wanted to talk to about anything at all. Much less an offering of help for what she was going through.
    However when he mentioned that he would pay money to watch me go ham on her, I burst into a fit of giggles and laughter. Suddenly he'd put the image of me throwing Bonnie over my shoulder into the same puddle I'd fallen into, into my head where it played itself over and over again.

I was still trying to stifle my giggles when the pizza arrived and he left the couch, forcing poor little Gordon to adjust himself all over again.
    "You'd actually be surprised how much I enjoy a nice little night like this. Especially one where I get to cuddle up next to someone as awesome as you with pizza, something to watch, and not.. well, hardly a care in the world." I replied with a grin as I took another bite of pizza and savored the meatiness of my slice. Sometimes I wondered how vegetarians could live without meat. It was a complete mystery to me. I was pretty much the absolute definition of a carnivore.
    If it had meat then I would eat it or at the very least try it.
    Just the thought of barbeque made me grin even wider. I'd have to take Adam to one of my favorite places.

With that thought came a sudden flush across my cheeks. I'd never considered the possibility of inviting Adam back to my hometown so he might experience the place where I lived in the same way I was experiencing the place he lived, in a way. I suppose what the blush really was for was the fact that I would only have such thoughts if I considered him my.. boyfriend.
    Was he my boyfriend though?
    Did he consider himself to be my boyfriend?
    I turned my head to look up at him for a few seconds as he took another bite from his slice of pizza and continued eating without a care in the world. That care-free attitude was what made him such an inspiration for me.

I finished my slice before placing my plate down on the couch next to me. My hands then found their way back to his chest where they gently pressed against his warm skin. The blush on my cheeks deepened as I leaned in to press a small kiss to the perfect curve of his neck just above his collar bone. "I know this is going to sound weird but.. I'd happily give up my good leg if it meant your being able to see." I whispered this in a quiet almost secret voice.
    Like I was sharing with him a thought that came from the deepest recesses of my heart. I placed another kiss on the same spot before leaning away just slightly.
    "You deserve perfection." I added while reaching across him for another piece of pizza.
    Avalon
    Avalon

Post by Avalon Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:31 pm

After placing my plate on the coffee table next to the pizza box, I simply basked in Molly's presence. Smiling whenever I heard a smile in her voice, chuckling faintly whenever I heard her laugh. It was...nice. For a split second, I thought of Sophie, glad I had set my plate down because I might have just dropped it. For less than a heartbeat, I thought of when I was with her, and how it was a completely different feeling all together. Like being soaked in an ice bath, or falling into a freezing cold river with sharp rocks tugging at your clothes.
    Being with Molly was different. It was like...drinking a cup of warm tea and honey, or sitting around on a hot summer day and simply relaxing.
    At the thought, I smiled. With Molly, I was myself. With her, I was just...happy.

However, my smile dropped at what she said, and I felt a lump in my throat form. It was such a sweet thing to say, but for some reason I took it totally the wrong way.
    "Molly." I looked down at her seriously, tucking her hair behind one ear and leaving my hand rested on her cheek. "Don't say that, please." I pulled her into my lap a little more, just wanting to hold her there. My eyes softened slightly after a few moments. "Don't try to give up yourself for me." My hand moved from her cheek to under her chin where I tilted her face up softly to look at me. "I spent countless years wishing I could go back and change it, it's no use. If I could see, I wouldn't be the man I am today." I shrugged one shoulder as a small, sweet smile appeared on my lips.

"And I might not have ever met you." I added with a kind of shocked tone, never thinking of it quite that way. Suddenly I was extremely thankful, and would never give up this life for anything.
    Quickly, I kissed her on the forehead, rising slowly as not to jostle her, and taking my plate to the kitchen.
    "Care for a drink? We have water, juice, pop, beer, other bad alcohol that turns me into a goof?" I called to her as I put my dish in the dishwasher, Gordon following me and expecting a treat. Which I gave him absentmindedly.
    Fiddler
    Fiddler
    BroBot

Post by Fiddler Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:27 am

Alright. ladies and gents this will hopefully be the last romance i simply cant stop reading Razz here i am living a life of video games cars and explosions on tv but am overjoyed by the thought of an old gazeebo in the trees. reminds me of my prep schopl years in england actually Wink

what a twist! Bonnie is a really interesting plotline and i cant wait to see how that plays out Smile girl in his clothes second date? Gawd daymn he's good ;P I gotta get some of dem skillz!

Anyway please keep going as always!^_^
    Avalon
    Avalon

Post by Avalon Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:02 pm

ooc:
    heh Fiddler you goof :3 I still have a few twists up my sleeve, hopefully we don't bore you any time soon!
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:32 am

The one relationship I'd been in before Adam was..messy to say the least. I suppose in that sense the whole Bonnie and Sophie thing didn't come as much of a surprise. Nothing in my life had ever been easy so when I began to develop feelings for him, I knew fate wasn't going to do a complete 180 degree turn just for the sake of seeing me happy. For that reason I tried not to let those two things get to me despite the fact that I was worried about Bonnie and occasionally I absently found myself wondering whether I was some kind of replacement for Sophie in Adam's mind. I knew I probably wasn't but at the same time there was no way of knowing for sure.. and the last thing I wanted to do was ask.
    So I tried to just push the idea out of my head.

I had meant for my words to be sweet and sincere but he seemed to take them the wrong way. When he said my name I looked up into his eyes curiously, seeing that instead of happiness there was worry in his gaze. Immediately the smile fell from my lips and I lowered my gaze despite the fact that his hand remained gently upon the curve of my cheek. He almost seemed to chide me for my words in spite of the meaning behind them. He was right with what he said though. He would have been a very different person had he been able to see. For one he probably wouldn't have given me the time of day.
    "I guess you're right.." I murmured quietly.

I lifted my legs a little bit to give him room to move as he pulled himself up from the couch and I watched as he made his way into the kitchen. At the sound of his voice I mulled over my options for a few moments. What did I want to drink? After that little moment alcohol sounded very appealing to me but at the same time I knew I made mistakes when I was drunk. I wasn't sure if I wanted to make mistakes tonight. Not on our first night alone together.
    "Could I get a beer and a glass of water, please?" I said loud enough for him to hear me in the kitchen.

While he was gone I took another moment to look around the room at the decorations and furniture. Adam's apartment really was a comfortable and welcoming place. Compared to my little room at the facility or even my room back at home.. it was like a five star hotel room. I really liked the modern charm to the place.
    When he came back into the room with our drinks I felt a smile come back to my lips. How could I have been so lucky?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:45 am