Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

+2
Fiddler
Wraith
6 posters

The Hunt for Guiltarius

Wraith
    Wraith
    Headlight

The Hunt for Guiltarius Empty The Hunt for Guiltarius

Post by Wraith Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:28 pm

Guiltarius is the name of a city located deep under the mountains of Screeching Teeth the north end of Elington. It is the ancient home of the race known as earth children. Since the extinction of the race, as the modern world knows it, a group of those from the village of Bruenton decides to investigate the home of this secretive race in the hopes of finding rare and precious treasures never seen before.

About Bruenton:
    -- Bruenton is a town comprised of many races. Namely elves, humans, halflings, and a fair number or dwarves to name a few. Everyone gets along in relative harmony when interaction is unavoidable, but generally stay to their own districts. How the group seeking Guiltarius was formed no current day resident outside of the group can say as it has been forged secretly over 3 generations.

About Elington:

This is the name of the land mass where this story takes place. Bruenton is located to the south west of Fire Mountain which is in the center known world. Directly to the west runs Melting River cutting a deep scar across a stretch of land that none have ever crossed fore it runs through the heart of Glending Woods, rumored to be haunted by many fould creatures and worse the undead. Glending Woods run the full length of the land from north to south and is only as wide on maps as anyone has ever dared to venture in. The Screeching Teeth are razor like mountains full of goblinoids and were-creatures who live in the many cave complexes dotting the landscape. This mountain range stretches from east to west almost the full breadth of the know world before abruptly ending two days ride from the coast. What lies across the Unending Water, which run north to south veering to the west as a natural boarder, can only be guessed at. Many towns dot the coastline where one venturing in either direction can restock supplies and provisions, but most of them are only small fishing villages. On the south east tip of the realm is Helingden which has a lucrative market due to the fact its the only place to obtain enchanted weapons. Bruenton lies two days ride south west of Fire Mountain. The closest neighboring cities are Plikermil home of most surface dwarves, and Moonwidow, home of the elves. Both being long lived races predating men hold vast libraries where one could spend decades in and never read the same work twice. Other smaller towns sparsely spread across the land house miners, woodsmen, farmers. Each town does have traders whos prices tend to rise when adventures happen through as they use their wares in trade at Helingden. Several hundered feet underground under the foothills of Screeching Teeth is the beginnings of an underground network spreading several hundered mile in ever direction. If an adventure knows where to look he could find entrances concealed behind thin veils of magic no bigger then a meter wide and three feet tall. These are used by some rational underworld races to study and understand how one's race could fit in with the surface world.

The story begins with a secret meeting of the band to layout their route.

Cast:

Dorf dworf (fiddler)
    Tal (danny)
    Fiona (avalon)
    Glorious (spacelord)

Later to join the quest:

Marvin (Murdoch)
    Kiltmin (wraith)

Last edited by Wraith on Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:47 am; edited 5 times in total
    Fiddler
    Fiddler
    BroBot

The Hunt for Guiltarius Empty Re: The Hunt for Guiltarius

Post by Fiddler Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:49 pm

So we're a surface race trying to make our way into these underground tunnels? Sounds like a job for a dwarf! Smile
    Fiddler
    Fiddler
    BroBot

Post by Fiddler Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:19 pm

Name: Dorf Dworf
    Race: Dwarf
    Sexuality: fabulous
    Height: 3'4"
    Build: Dwarf
    Eyes: Dwarf (deal with it)
    Skin Colour: Dwarf
    Hair: ginger
    General Appearance: Dwarf, with the great warhammer Rnak OatSlayer
    Clothes: Shorts, chain-mail shirt red vest, pink boxers
    Tattoos: smackerack
    Piercings: Right ear peirced with gold ring
    Personality: stubborn, Racist against humans, "Irish" like
    Hobbies: Is fond of Booty smackeracks. Drinking well brewed mead. well woven beards.
    Background: Comes from a small section of the mountain fortress known as the caves of orange. these Salt-worthy dwarves have the closest access to the city port and usually lend a hand around the ships. Never on the ships how ever, we dwarves are land lubbers. Has worked as a blacksmith for the port and with his poor family losing honor with one of his brothers attempting to steal, he needs better paying work to pay off his debt, and an epic adventure to bring back honor to his family wouldn't hurt in the slightest
    *Preferred Weapon(s): the great warhammer Rnak OatSlayer and a spork.
    Ability: As a Dwarf in his particular family he has a magical stone sense which lets him see and feel through stone even in the blackest of caves.He can also has a limited ability to manipulate stone telekinetically.

kind of looks like this guy but with the details above:
    Spoiler:

Last edited by Fiddler on Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:07 am; edited 1 time in total
    Avalon
    Avalon

Post by Avalon Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:05 am

Oh my gosh, that picture killed me, Fiddler. That guy looks super sassy.

But I'm definitely joining this, I'll write up a bio either tonight or tomorrow!
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:11 am

I'd like to join! I think this should cover everything. Let me know if you need anything else.

Name: Talathion (Though most simply call him Tal).
    Race: Elf
    Sexuality: Pansexual
    Height: 6'7"
    Build: Slender and tone. Not overly muscular.
    Eyes: Green
    Skin Colour: A pale white.
    Hair: Dirty blonde.
    General Appearance: Talathion has a large scar running up his left tricep to the end of his left shoulder blade. It was cause from a training accident with weapons.
    Clothes: http://www.creativeuncut.com/gallery-07/art/l2-elf-male.jpg (the apperance is similar to his drawing as well).
    Tattoos: N/A
    Piercings: N/A

Personality: Talathion is rather gentle in nature, but can be quick to anger. Someone(thing) will hold his attention more if he is actually interested in them. Similar to a human teenager, his ego can sometimes land him into trouble (though he has started to grew out of that habit).
    Hobbies: Alchmey (though he also trains in magic and swordmanship in his spare time as well).
    Background: Talathion's family grew up in Moonswidow for generations. His parents own a potions shop, just as their parents did before them. Because of this, Talathion is skilled (though still learning) in alchemy, able to make anything from a healing potion to an invisibility potion (if he has the right ingredients). As a child Talathion remembers his father disappearing for weeks on end before returning abruptly. Talathion never understood this, and whenever he ask his mother, he got no response. It wasn't until news of his fathers death reach him (with a letter written from him) that Talathion understood about the secret coven he was apart of. Determined to live like his father, Talathion joined.
    *Preferred Weapon(s): Destructive spells and a one handed sword.
    Avalon
    Avalon

Post by Avalon Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:47 pm

Well, I kinda just decided to use my regular bio and tweak it a little...I don't think I'm missing anything, but just give me a shout if I am!

Name: Fiona Avalon
    Race: Human
    Sexuality: Bisexual
    Height: 5,2”
    Build: Small, shoulders usually drawn inward. Tiny in the sense that is almost childlike. Thin, but not unhealthy. Small waist, prominent collar bone, average bust, willowy limbs and thin, delicate fingers. She is very quick, her small figure allowing her to sneak into the smallest places easily with minimal detection.
    Eyes: Arctic white, with a hint of blue. When she is sad, her eyes wash out to a kind of pale grey.
    Skin Colour: Porcelain pale, to the point where she is nearly transparent. Bluish/Lavender veins appear along her wrists, the top of her feet, and along her eyelids. Cheeks are a bit more creamy, especially when she’s in a good mood.
    Hair: Fiery red and tangled into a long mane. If brushed properly, her hair is gorgeously long and curly, however she rarely runs a comb through it, so it tends to be unmanageable with odd kinks and waves. Regularly worn in an unconventional, messy high ponytail, wrapped with a leather tie.
    General Appearance: Fiona’s skin is painted with freckles, with scars on her knees and dirt on her cheek. She has a sort of fairy-like quality to her, with a small, slightly upturned nose. Pale, full lips with a prominent cupids bow. Well-defined cheek bones on a heart shaped face. Arched eyebrows above large, almost hauntingly wide eyes, rimmed with dark, long doll-like eyelashes. One of her identifying qualities is the small, but highly noticeable freckle just above her top lip, to the left.

Clothes: Deep brown, tight leather pants, worn around the knees and hips from age with straps and bands for more manageable movement. Matching torso and chest leather armor, with gauntlets and one shoulder covered. Usually worn under a deep, earth brown cloak with a large hood.

Spoiler:

Personality: Quiet, more of a listener. She is a wallflower, watching people and their characteristics rather than making friends. Highly curious, usually getting into trouble accidentally. She is very childlike, in the sense that she has trouble seeing the darker sides of people. Innocent, but highly intelligent. Hardly does she speak, but when she does it is in a small, high voice, not much louder than a whisper. Friendly in the sense that she wouldn’t insult or hurt someone purposefully, however she doesn’t really understand how to act around other people. Relationships are difficult for her, although she has no problem with being alone.
    Hobbies: Knife-throwing, teaching herself new skills, reading.

Backround: Fiona is a thief, and an orphan. She was orphaned at the age of eleven, when her parents died in a house fire, after teaching her how to read, and how to act properly as a young lady. In her small village, one of the local brothel owners found her, nearly starving to death on the streets, with no parents, no money, and nothing but the clothes on her back. The man took care of her for one year, not letting anyone touch her, giving her a set of knives that were made perfectly for her hands and saying ‘if anyone touches you, sink one of these into their gut’. Quickly, the man became obsessed with her, and soon became violent when she refused to take his bed at the age of merely twelve. She put the smallest of the daggers into his heart, and has been on her own ever since. Teaching herself how to fight, and live on the streets.
    At seventeen, she is highly skilled in stealth, living more silently than a street cat. However, she has nowhere to go. With nothing to her name but a rucksack, her leather armor and a small pouch of gold, she decides to join a quest, wondering if this is what she has been looking for.

*Preferred Weapon(s): She carries a knife-belt made of leather, with a full set of 12 knives, ranging from large throwing knives to small daggers. The knives are all custom-made to fit her small hands, with sapphire and pearls encrusting the hilts. One knife is missing.

*Preferred Power(s): Enhanced agility. Fiona is very quick, moving very fast and gracefully in the shadows. This ability allows her to jump reasonably higher than average height, be very light on her feet and quicker than one would think. Her enhanced awareness of her surroundings adds slightly to her intelligence and intuitive nature.

Last edited by Avalon on Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Wraith
    Wraith
    Headlight

Post by Wraith Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:11 am

Ooc: dunno if anyone else will join but you three are free to start. Im only joining later since I'll be using a gnome which i didnt introduce in the setting. Anyone late in joining can either arrive late to the meeting or just be picked up in ya'lls travels as intend to do
    Fiddler
    Fiddler
    BroBot

Post by Fiddler Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:18 pm

Ooc: well I kinda confused about the setting and was expecting you to start... but what the hell let's wing it!

Ic: It was a warm morning on the mountainside, I was up early to heat up the forge and the morning wind did well to wake my senses. Grabbing a few flowers in the meadow I put them behind my ear, in town nobody acted quite like me. I thought on this more as I arrived at the port, although the busy bodies that were up at this hour wouldn't notice I was the tallest person I had ever met. I went by the docks and the post office and the import registry and soon arrived at my workplace. I thought of the port as quite large but it was nothing compared to the mountain. Taking off my jacket and flexing my strong arms I began my morning chores.

I threw coals in the furnace and re-ignighted them with last nights embers, taking my time I then organised my tools and eventually got around to sifting through the mail. That's when I saw it.

"Come any who will there has been a bounty placed on the mysterious creatures known as the earths children for crimes against the mines! A hunt will begin at the 10th dawn of the third moon. Plans will be made in Bruenton where the location of their underground caverns will be revealed. A success will bring great honor and fruitful bounty to those who bring us back the offenders. Signed: Kiglimur the 4th."

(Ooc: Many such "invitations" have been sent across the land and have been approved by the reigning officials of every surface race)

I thought about what this invitation meant. I wasn't the type for fighting. Although that night in the bedroom... FOCUS! Yes I think I should go on this quest, my family could manage the business while I was on this venture, and I had to clean up my brothers mistake.
    Avalon
    Avalon

Post by Avalon Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:38 pm

ooc: Winging it sounds like a good plan to me!

The water was freezing, but welcome. I’d almost been caught that time…it was too close. I would have to be more careful if I wanted to survive.
    Hopefully, I wouldn’t have to steal anymore. Perhaps, with this quest, I could be worth something. I wouldn’t have to pick pockets or sneak around. Perhaps.

Quickly I dipped my head under the cold water, emerging after a second shivering cold, but with a small smile on my lips. I was just outside the town of Bruenton, sticking to the shadows of the welcoming forest. The sound of water hitting against rocks calmed me, and I wrapped my arms around my naked shoulders as I looked up at the beautiful waterfall. I could stay here forever, build a home in the forest and live off the land…but that would be a very lonely life. My smile dropped as I lifted my hands to my face, quickly washing it and running my hands through my knotted, curly mane of flames.

Spoiler:

The rocks were slippery as I walked back to my clothes and rucksack. My eyes widened like a baby deer as a small scream escaped my lips, my hand reaching out quickly and wrapping around something secure. I would have lost my footing if not for a silly little tree branch. I bit my lip against a grin at myself, making a slightly annoyed noise at how I could be gracefully silent one moment, then obnoxiously clumsy the next.

I dried off quickly, shaking out my wet hair as I wrapped my cloak around myself like a blanket, before climbing into my leather armor. It was like a second skin, so familiar to my shape from wear and movement. I tightened the bands around my legs and torso, checking my bag again as I pulled out a small piece of folded up parchment.

On the paper, was scratchy, barely-eligible scrawl that read something along the lines of...Gold. And where to find it. Something about a meeting in Bruenton. It wasn't much, but I was quickly running out of coin, and this seemed like my best bet.

I had picked a man's pocket at a tavern in the last town I had shadowed through. He was quite drunk, and his coin purse was simply dangling there for the taking. And I was hungry. What was a girl to do? However, much to my surprise, under the cold and lint, was a small, crumpled paper. It's message: Reward. I wasn’t the strongest, and I was just a girl, but I was quick. And I could be invisible in a second, if the shadows were welcoming. My only prayer to the Gods, was that this meeting in Bruenton wasn't a fluke, that by some chance, it was real. I would shadow the group for as long as it took, until they found me, or until I found the reward. Whatever this was, it meant something big.

After dressing, I left my long, tangled fiery red curls loose, falling down my shoulders in messy, untamed kinks as I drew the hood of my dark cloak over my head, throwing my rucksack over my shoulder and checking the knives on my belt one last time before I became one with the darkness of the forest, running swiftly toward the tunnels of Bruenton.

Last edited by Avalon on Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:13 pm

ooc - wait... we're all part of this secret society, aren't we? (Sorry. Suppose I'm a tad confused).
    Wraith
    Wraith
    Headlight

Post by Wraith Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:13 am

Ooc. Yes you all are. Murdoch and myself will be joining the group in route for different reasons. Just waiting to add his characters name to the list.
    Fiddler
    Fiddler
    BroBot

Post by Fiddler Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:48 am

Ooc: lol i must have skipped over that when i read the intro XD
    I'll somehow slip it in when i post next <:P i think theres one more character to "introduce before we go on?
    Avalon
    Avalon

Post by Avalon Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:48 pm

Ooc: Okay I just edited my post to make it sound a bit more...secret-like, instead of posters and stuff. That definitely flew right over my head, my bad!
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:14 pm

Ooc - Alright, thank you!

Bic - Alchemy isn't as straight forward as many people see it (and most people see it as quiet a complicated art). It require patients and diligence and respect for the art, not to mention the number of ingredients needed. Some potions were easier to make than others, some took less time, but the results were very rewarding. Talathion lived in the town of Bruenton, around the center of the town. In this town most people lived relatively peacefully though of course there was the odd misunderstanding, but considering the number of races that lived in the town, the misunderstandings were nothing to complain about.
    Talathion owned a potion shop in town where he sold a number of different potions. Health and magic regeneration seemed to sell the most and potions such as invisiblity or boosted strength sold for a greater price. The easier to make and/or sell, the cheaper it was.
    "Thank you sir! You have a fine day," Talathion grinned to another satisfied citizen as he walked out with a health potion. Talathion sighed and walked to the shops door and stood outside with his arms across this chest. He took a deep breath of fresh air. Many people walked past the shop (as with most) entering every so often to various shops. Though it wasn't the most exciting town, but it was comforting which Talathion enjoyed. It was then that he noticed a poster stuck to the wall of a neighbour shop. Interested, Talathion walked over to read it.

Attention! For all who seek adventure and glory, a bounty has been set on the strange, unknown and mysterious race of the Earth Children. A hunt will begin at the 10th dawn of the third moon. Plans will be made in Bruenton where the location of their underground caverns will be revealed. A success will bring great honor and fruitful bounty to those who bring us back the offenders. Signed: Kiglimur the 4th.

"Earth Children...?" He asked himself, reading the poster a number of times. "Well I'll be damned," Talathion chuckled to himself amused before talking the poster down, folding it, and placing it in his pocket. The peaceful town was nice, but the allure to adventure was always a temptation. "I'm sure the society would enjoy this too," he thought to himself. He turned around back into the shop before another consumer entered the potion shop. "What'll it be sir? We've the finest and most potent potions in town. Is there anything I may help you with?" He spoke with a large grin. The product was one thing, the service was another.

As the man left the shop (apparently satisfied) Talathion pulled out the parchment and read it again. The society was having a meeting tonight, and this would be an interesting topic to bring up to the group, though Talathion was sure at least some of the other members had already seen it. The meetings took place in Talathion's shop, in the basement and in secrecy. Talathion actually happened upon the shop by accident. Abandoned and being unused, it was transformed into the shop it is now and the basement (with a few modifications to the enterence), proved to be the perfect locations for the meetings.
    Wraith
    Wraith
    Headlight

Post by Wraith Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:54 am

Ooc: just noticed this and figured it should be brought up, you know all races have at least some type of power right? If you guys want to add that to your bios go ahead just go to overboard please, and thankyou. Btw this is a great start for being winged
    Avalon
    Avalon

Post by Avalon Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:07 pm

ooc: Alright Wraith, I added an ability, nothing too...drastic, I think. Hope it's alright!
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:48 pm

Ooc - I already have magic is one of my preferred weapons, so that'll be my ability.
    Fiddler
    Fiddler
    BroBot

Post by Fiddler Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:29 am

ooc: Power rangers activate!<:D but in any case power's on my bio <;)

And meh the job could have been public and the "club" could be going after it as it's own entity. I'll leave my previous post as is.

ic: That day I took care of my business as the shop and packed my adventuring gear for the trip. This took me until well into the afternoon since one simply cannot go away from ones own bed without another set of Pajama's! Wishing my lovely mother well I set off a little after Dinner. The trip would take me well into the night but the dark wasn't my enemy.

Trees past as I continued my walk. What was it about trees that made other surface creatures like them so much? They weren't malleable under heat, they wouldn't last the centuries without chemical treatment and they looked darn well ugly! Why doesn't anybody else understand the utter beauty of a cave mushroom or the glowing onions of this home.

The sun set quite uneventfully and within the hour I'd reached the city.

Tall towers and walls loomed before me, it made me nauseous just looking that high! Strange creatures humans and elves were. I went through the open gate, it may have been late but travelers came and went as they pleased and the dark hours were no exception. Settling in at the Bear's Inn I threw the bartender some coin and bought a room, breakfast, and a cask of mead. I was allowed to let lose while I was on vacation wasn't I?

A few flagons later and I was definitely having a good time! The bar ladies were very entertaining and the hardy men at the bar had very nice muscles. I couldn't even tell which one seemed more attractive!

Ooc: tomorow is the meeting, so tomorow at midnight then? (too lazy to go back and look)
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:03 pm

Ooc - well the meeting was suppose to be that night, and we haven't quiet decided that we'd be travelling. Where are you Fiddler, because I'm a little confused about your characters current location.
    Fiddler
    Fiddler
    BroBot

Post by Fiddler Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:23 pm

Sorry i was in the mountains x3 and therefore had to set myself a day behind, go ahead with the meeting i'm now in the same city as you all.
    Avalon
    Avalon

Post by Avalon Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:27 pm

Bruenton was fairly close, however it was dark by the time my shoes slapped against the muddy streets, most of the lights turned off in houses, however all the candles lit in the taverns and inns. I couldn’t go wasting my funds in such places, I had to keep my gold close, for those nights when the rain was bitterly cold, or I couldn’t manage to steal a good meal for a couple days. My eyes became slightly glossy as I remembered the times when I felt as if my hands were going to freeze off, or my insides were going to implode. I was never going to be in that situation again, I thought to myself as I wiped the back of my hand across my face in a quick motion, blending in with the sides of the buildings until I spotted an abandoned looking church. It was big, but one of the sides had obviously fallen in at some point, and moss was beginning to grow around it beautifully in the moonlight, with small flowers growing along the vines.
    I climbed into the old church through one of the cracks in the brick, feeling dirt and moss tugging at my cloak as I coughed, the faint noise echoing lightly along the inside of the majestic building. It was even more beautiful from the inside than I had even thought possible, vines hanging from the ceiling, moss and small plants reclaiming the building as their own piece of nature. The sight made me smile slightly as I ducked under the stairs, kicking down a piece of rotted wood and making my way to the basement, where the tunnels would eventually meet up.

However, for now, I stayed underneath the large, almost-alive church, making a small little nest-like place for me to sleep in the corner. The moss made a lovely kind of bed, and slowly, as I fished an apple out of my rucksack, and as I leaned against the rotting wall, I began to sing. Very faintly, but with the sound ringing through the building lightly, it felt…peaceful. My voice was rather high, I was still a girl, but my voice never faltered once. It reminded me of my mother…and with the thought of her, the sound turned into a very light hum as I crunched into my apple, curling up into a ball against the wall and slowly taking my hood down as I rested my chin on my knees, a few knotted curls falling over my eyes as I took in the beautiful sight of the church basement.

Spoiler:

ooc: So...this meeting is tomorrow? Or tonight?
    Fiddler
    Fiddler
    BroBot

Post by Fiddler Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:29 am

Ooc: welp looks like I've messed everything up XD Skrew it let's wing it some more! Rofl

ic: Approaching the burly men with two lovely ladies I asked them if they would join us for some evening fun. That would have been lovely! Except when one of the larger ones yelled "Oi! That's MY wife!" uh oh... I quickly thought of a way out of this situation "Which is precisely why you should join us!" the crowd gave a chuckle at my rethort but he did not. Shame, I was looking forward to a few group pleasures.

I let go of the ladies and ran at the man before he could get a move in. Looks like this was going to be a night of fun after all!

Quickly aiming my fist at his groin, conveniently at my head height, I gave his jewels a good uppercut. He quickly doubled over in pain, while I yelled "Now that's why you don't mess with a dwarf!" quickly regretting these words as I realized a few of his friends looking very angry.

I ran out of the inn, well I wasn't sleeping there tonight but at least my room was locked and I could get my things in the morning. It was damp outside but with the moon out and the streets illuminated by candlelight I didn't mind the chill. Walking down the street a little while my drunken haze wore off a little I noticed a run down church. Looking at the roof one could see that it was still more or less intact although a little overgrown on the inside it would do well as shelter form the elements. Inside seemed peaceful and quiet. Not looking too hard I found a dark corner not noticing a shape on the other side of the room and made a makeshift pillow out of moss. It wasn't so different than the caves in here I thought to myself slipping quickly into my drunken dreams filled with thoughts of my honor, my family, and my trade.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:45 pm

Ooc - okay. Let's clear things up. We all know each other considering that we are all in the same secret society. The meeting is tonight at my potion shop and we'll be discussing the posters that we all found. Everyone caught up? ^_^
    Fiddler
    Fiddler
    BroBot

Post by Fiddler Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:41 am

Ooc: Yes <:D
    Avalon
    Avalon

Post by Avalon Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:38 pm

ooc: Heh, thanks. I'm caught up.

Just as I finished my apple, I could feel my eyelids drooping shut slightly, head lolling as I thought about sleeping here. No…I couldn’t. Tonight was the meeting, and I couldn’t miss that. A crack of a twig made my eyes flash open as I became totally alert in a heartbeat. Slowly, I drew my hood up, not wanting the moonlight to catch on my fiery hair and give me away. My eyes followed the figure as it seemed to struggle, stumbling around until it finally dropped in the corner opposite of mine. It looked like…a child? No, because they seemed drunk. Perhaps I was seeing things…maybe it wouldn’t be such a bad idea if I let my eyes rest for a while.

However, the faint sound of snoring made me raise an eyebrow, biting my lip as I silently stood, placing my rucksack over my shoulder and slowly walking across the branches and moss of the church, feet nimble not to stumble over any roots.
    I felt beams of light slipping through the cracks in the church, and slowly as I approached the crumpled figure, I stopped in a large stream of moonlight, lowering my hood so I could see the being more closely. I was bathed in light as I brought my gaze to the figure, head tilting to one side slightly as I saw a beard…and smelled mead. It was a dwarf!
    A drunken dwarf…

Sighing lightly, I wondered what kind of unfortunate events had led to this small man ending up drunkenly asleep in this run down old church.
    Out of my rucksack, I fished out a reasonable sized chunk of bread, placing it in the dwarf’s lap and stepping back into the shadows, knowing that whatever the circumstance, at least he would wake up from his slumber with some food. He looked as if he needed it more than I did.
    With one more look at the man, I was gone, headed for the tunnels that met up with the church basement, darting down a set of stairs and finding myself in darkness. My element, the place I was most comfortable.

As I made my way to the depths of Bruenton, I heard voices ahead, seeing a flickering light of a torch and stopped, putting my hood up and getting as close as I dared. Would they accept me at this meeting, to join their quest? I was only a girl, and a young one at that. Small, probably better suited to be a seamstress or something. However, I was here now, with my back pressed against the darkest wall of the tunnels, hearing voices echoing around me as the meeting was slowly acquiring more and more people. Perhaps I could just sneak in, and no one would see me.
    With a deep breath and my hood up, I kept my head down as I slowly walked forward. Perhaps they would think I was simply a short man, if I kept my head down at my cloak on. My eyes were wide as I held my breath, a folded piece of parchment crumpled up in one of my hands, the note telling me the location of this meeting. At least if one of them questioned me, I would have something to say. Gods forbid that happen...so to play it safe, I stood in the shadows, watching more and more people emerge and step forward, forming in the small basement we found ourselves in.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:41 pm