Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

5 posters

Hybridized...

Mireya
    Mireya
    Beastmaster
    Beastmaster

Hybridized... Empty Hybridized...

Post by Mireya Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:16 pm

It is the year 2035 and life as we know it, is over. From sources unknown a disease has ravaged not just humanity, but everything that lives. The virus spreads and mutates making it impossible to treat adequately.

The only people left alive are those that are untouched by the disease. They live in closed biospheres with a limited number of residents. A very real problem has presented itself: there is a shortage of resources that are still completely safe to consume.

People are clambering for an antidote to the virus's effects, but there has been no success had by the many doctors who have studied the pathogen. There is an entity that sticks out in the minds of the desperate...

They exist only on the covers of seedy magazines. Hazy photographs and "eye witness" accounts from former soldiers and doctors consigned to psych wards...They say there is another entity entirely at work in the wasteland...Their stories are dismissed as hearsay, but they say that they come from the stars and lay in waiting. The urban legend has spawned its own cult, which believes that this time is the rapture and that they are the angels who have come to save the devout..

There is no conclusive evidence of their existence, but there are rumors...One of the biospheres suddenly failed and its residents were exposed to the wasteland. Contact was lost with them, but there was a distress call...Rumors have gone around saying many things...Some say that the tabloid creatures caused it, others blame the military, others still claim that the disease has mutated. The people are no longer just dying. They are transforming into something monstrous...

People are afraid of leaving the biosphere, but with the atmosphere the way it is...people are being pushed out.

---
    If you have a question about any of the roles, contact me. If you want a role that would make you...privy to certain information, talk to me, and I'll give you some information on the players that I've left out...

Residents of an intact biosphere (has to be the same one; give me social status, and, no, you can't all be rich socialites, and at least one of you is should want to be in the military and in the press... Wink )-

Residents of the destroyed biosphere who know the truth and are still alive (PM me if you want this, and I'll give you the lowdown)-Engi, Jade,

???(???????????????????????????????????)- ????????? ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Hybridized being(a creature...that is human...sorta'...: PM me if you're curious, but...there can only be at most 2 of these including myself, and you won't have a role until well later...)-Mireya

Last edited by Mireya on Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Engi
    Engi
    Devious Chibi
    Devious Chibi

Hybridized... Empty Re: Hybridized...

Post by Engi Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:48 pm

So ill have engi join as a.. resident and ill make a new character for something else
    Mireya
    Mireya
    Beastmaster
    Beastmaster

Post by Mireya Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:03 pm

In the broken sphere or the intact one?
    Engi
    Engi
    Devious Chibi
    Devious Chibi

Post by Engi Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:04 pm

broken.
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:45 pm

Can you PM me about a hybridized creature please?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:46 pm

I'd be a doctor...erm who suffered hybridization and is sane? idk >.< PM me
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:07 am

sure i'll join
    Capri
    Capri
    The Zealous Irish-Italian

Post by Capri Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:24 am

I'll be a creature (: Using Demetria.
    Mireya
    Mireya
    Beastmaster
    Beastmaster

Post by Mireya Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:09 pm

er...if you're referring to the hybrid thingy, I highly advise taking another role. >_> The hybrid won't be in the rp until a little after it starts, so you won't have anything to do for a bit...
    Capri
    Capri

Post by Capri Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:03 pm

Hmm...I'll be one of the ??? and a person from from the broken one.

Last edited by Capri on Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changed my mind (:)
    Mireya
    Mireya
    Beastmaster
    Beastmaster

Post by Mireya Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:33 pm

I think it's a good enough time for this to start. I'll be playing narrator for ease of storytelling...You'll know when I switch to my character.

-+-

The smoke gathered in large billowing clouds over the hole in the south-east Dome city of Cariosus. The residents were in a panic. There was an explosion, tearing through the protective sphere, and then chaos reigned as the disoriented masses scrambled hither and thither in the wake of the explosion. There was gun fire, but no one knew from whence it came. The city was contaminated with bad air, and the explosions kept coming. There was nothing to do but run as far from the blasts as possible.

---

Inside the quite intact city of Umbra the people were none the wiser. At the very least, the civilians were none the wiser. Inside a military base cleverly obscured inside an innocuous office building, a meeting of the most clandestine sort was under way.

"Gentleman," a squat, balding man recognizable as their captain said. "There has been a disturbance. We have been trying to establish communications with our branches in Cariosus, however all our efforts have been unsuccessful. Sensors have shown that there has been a breach in Cariosus's walls. The entire city may have been contaminated."
    Engi
    Engi
    Devious Chibi
    Devious Chibi

Post by Engi Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:05 pm

Trash and dirt rained from the sky, scattering itself on the ground. Screaming filled the air around engi as bombs and gun fire exploded around her. She ran out into the streets, fighting with the others from the city to get away from the explosions.

It had happened so suddenly that no one had been prepared. It was quite and peaceful morning, engi had been cleaning some dishes from the night before, until a single shot rang out and shook the ground. Things got worse from there. The amount of earthshaking bombings increased and people began to panic. Shouts and screams filled the town. They all ran out of their houses, trying desperately to get away.

She struggled to keep on her feet as people pushed past her to avoid the explosions.
    Capri
    Capri

Post by Capri Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:30 pm

Bloodcurdling screams rang throughout the city. The biosphere had been destroyed. People were running down the polluted streets, some bleeding, some missing limbs.

Others were were dead, laying on the ground, eyes open, mouths slack. Blood.

Capri had tears streaming down her face as she leaned up against a stairway leading to someone's apartment door. The gun fire was distant where she was. And so were the screams.

Alone. That's what she was.

She was taking quick deep breaths, nervously looking around her, her knees pulled up to her chest as she held herself. She saw no one. Except for dead people. And debris everywhere.

She couldn't make herself move, knowing she should. Terror. Horror. She drew in shaky breaths now.

The chaos was taking over.
    Engi
    Engi
    Devious Chibi
    Devious Chibi

Post by Engi Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:57 pm

She shoved herself through the crowd of people, some praying and others just screaming. They were all running wildly, pushing her in random directions. She couldn't think straight with this confusion. engi finally pushed herself through the crowd into an area where no one was. everyone here had evacuated or been killed. All except a girl. She was standing there, crying out of shock. (that's you, Capri.)

Bodies were scattered around this place and the smell of gunpowder was next to unbearable. It was a miracle that this girl was alive. She Grabbed the girls wrist and pulled her. "Are you insane?" She muttered, pulling the girl with her. "Lets get out of here." She ran, a tight grip on the girls hand, towards an area without gunshot and few bodies.
    Capri
    Capri

Post by Capri Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:01 pm

She was snapped out of her reverie when a girl grabbed her hand and started running. She continued holding her hand as she ran along side her, dodging bodies. She wiped the tears off her face with her sleeve.
    "I feel like I'm being watched!" she said in a hoarse whisper, head turning in all directions, eyes glaring.
    Engi
    Engi
    Devious Chibi
    Devious Chibi

Post by Engi Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:16 pm

"Ignore it." She respond, listening to the distant sound of gunshot. The ground had quit shaking and most of the screams had died down. "And don't turn around, please." She said, pulling the girl through a row of dead bodies. The light cry of a baby wanting attention could be heard from one of the houses as they pasted it.
    Capri
    Capri

Post by Capri Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:21 pm

"They're always there!" she said, "I see them sometimes," she glanced around again, smelling the stench of death and artillery.
    Engi
    Engi
    Devious Chibi
    Devious Chibi

Post by Engi Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:33 pm

"Stop it! Think about whats in front of you!" She said, squinting through the air. She almost tripped over one of the bodies, it screamed in response. Not dead. Yet. The air was filled with dust and was making engi's throat soar. She pulled her scarf over her mouth letting it clean the air for her to breath. "Breathe through your shirt so you don't choke." She advised.
    Mireya
    Mireya
    Beastmaster
    Beastmaster

Post by Mireya Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:43 pm

Above the two girls there sounded a low hum--the noise of machinery. At their backs there was a ship, closing the distance between them quickly. It sounded an alarm like the howl of a wounded animal before barreling towards them firing with scorching rounds that left behind no bullets.
    Engi
    Engi
    Devious Chibi
    Devious Chibi

Post by Engi Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:48 pm

engi paused, listening behind her to the sound of weapons humming lightly. It was a peaceful sound that made shivers run up her spine. She turned to see a ship, quickly heading towards them. She tightened her grip on the girls hand and began sprinting away. "Come on!" She yelled, pulling the girl behind her.
    Capri
    Capri

Post by Capri Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:51 pm

Just as Capri had pulled her shirt up to her face when the girl grabbed her. She heard a piercing alarm behind them. She grabbed the girl, pulling her sharply to the left onto another street just as the bullets flew by.
    "Run!" she screamed, running down the new street, jumping over bodies. Adrenaline.
    Engi
    Engi
    Devious Chibi
    Devious Chibi

Post by Engi Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:58 pm

The girl changed within seconds, grabbing engi by the wrist and pulling her. She didn't argue, just ran behind the girl. She didn't take the time to step over the bodies like the other girl did, and the people barely clinging to life screamed out below her. Gun shots, loud and terrifying, blased the ground apart behind her.
    Capri
    Capri

Post by Capri Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:02 pm

"Follow me," she yelled, seeing a grocery store ahead. There was nobody out there. Just dead people. And trash. She bolted through the doors, pulling the girl inside, away from the machine, breathing heavily.
    Engi
    Engi
    Devious Chibi
    Devious Chibi

Post by Engi Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:07 pm

engi, breathing heavily, watched out the door. The large ship was unlike anything she had seen before. It had ceased firing and was continuing quietly. But it didn't leave. It was waiting. "Grab what you need then were leaving." She said after a minute, watching it. "Go."
    Capri
    Capri

Post by Capri Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:13 pm

Capri saw a backpack on the floor and threw in the closest canned foods she could find into it.
    "Shit," she muttered, walking to the girl again, "How are we supposed to get out of here?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:19 am