Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

+6
Burn It
Capri
Jesseses
Danny
Brandon
Howl City
10 posters

Night World Roleplay

Howl City
    Howl City
    Earthbound
    Earthbound

Read Me Night World Roleplay

Post by Howl City Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:30 pm

First topic message reminder :

Fantasy Group Roleplay
    Night World Roleplay
    Please repost with only permission on the condition that you have to credit Earthbound, the original creator.
    This roleplay is based off the Night World series by L.J. Smith. However, I made certain changes to the plot to fit it into a roleplay format since the last novel has not been released yet.

The series presents a story in which vampires, witches, werewolves and shape-shifters live among us humans without our knowledge. These supernatural races make up a secret society known as the Night World, which enforces two fundamental laws to prevent discovery: 1) Never allow humans to gain knowledge of the Night World's existence and, 2) Never fall in love with one of them.
    That rule was broken many times when the ‘Soulmate principle’ came back. Often mentioned in the series, the soulmate principal is the theory that if two people are connected by a silver mental cord (the silver cord can only be seen by the soulmates), they are soulmates. The silver cord can also be used to sense what his/her soulmate is feeling. The soulmates are drawn to each other and can sense each other’s feelings and thoughts mentally.

Species Overview:
    Vampires: There are two types of vampires in the Night World. Lamia and ‘made vampires’. Wood and fire acts as poison to all Vampires.

Lamia: Lamia is the term in this series for those who are born as vampires. They age, eat and grow as humans do, but also have the ability to stop the aging process at any point they please; however, once a lamia that has stopped aging decides to begin aging again, the aging process will be accelerated so that their physical appearance will match their true age in a short amount of time. Also, the Lamia are able to have children, unlike the "made vampires"

Made vampires: Made vampires are humans that have been made into vampires by exchanging blood with lamia or with another made vampire. Since older people cannot survive the physical transition, all made vampires look about age nineteen or younger. Also, unlike lamia vampires, made vampires do not age, eat and cannot reproduce.

*During the blood exchange between a vampire and a human, if the human dies before the blood is completely exchanged, they will awaken as a ghoul, where their only aim in life is to kill and eat(In essence, ghouls are zombies)

Werewolves: Silver and fire acts as poison to all Werewolves. Like vampires, werewolves can be born as such and also be made. Unlike vampires, werewolves must kill every time they feed because they need to consume organs. Thus, Night World law states that werewolves can only kill and eat animals. In the Night World, werewolves are treated as second-class citizens and are the victims of prejudice and racism. Werewolves are actually a branch of Shapeshifters. However, werewolves make the majority of shapeshifters and therefore is considered a different race. They are stronger than vampires, especially on a full moon but is slower and controlled by their instincts. Werewolves often have low intelligence.

Witches: Witches practice magic with the aid of herbs, gemstones, effigies and incantations, all of which may be used in a spell. However their magic is innate and does not always require external aids, although these can accentuate their power. They most commonly use ‘witchfire’ as their primary weapon which is a fully visible, orange ball of energy that they shoot out from their hands by concentrating their magic. Witchfire, when fired is essentially a fireball that can hit objects with the force of a football player. However, witches can fire only so many of these balls. Witches do not have super-strength or super-speed and iron acts as poison in their blood.

Shapeshifters: Shapeshifters had control of the world long before witches and vampires. Their leaders were known as "Dragons", beings that could change into the form of any animal as long as they have had physical contact to that animal.To kill a dragon you must take off all of its horns. Normally shapeshifters can only change into one pre-determined animal form, such as hawks, bears and panthers. Silver acts as poison in shapeshifters.

Groups:
    Circle Daybreak: Normally, circles only consist of witches but since the apocalypse has been drawing near, circles now represent any groups of Night People. Circle Daybreak wants to bring peace between the Night People and humans and also prevent the other Night People from killing. Every witch on the planet has now joined Circle Daybreak. Meanwhile, only a fraction of vampires, werewolves have joined Circle Daybreak. Every shapeshifter, except Dragons and Werewolves have joined as well.

Circle Midnight: Wants nothing more than death of humans. Composed of the majority of Vampires and Werewolves left on Earth. Dragons, the shapeshifters that can turn into any creature they’ve had physical contact with ( animals, different human individuals, you name it) are also part of Circle Midnight. Dragons can also, incidentally shapeshift into dragons.

Circle Midnight has declared war on every human and circle daybreak and has been killing everything in sight for the past few days. The world is on a war, a war between humanity and otherworldly creatures. The Night People simply regenerate if not killed by the substance that are poisonous to them. You could shoot them with bullets and not kill them unless it’s made of wood for vampires, silver for shapeshifters, etc. Bombs have proven to be useless and only caused more human casualties.
    So join as a member of one of the two circles and join as any of the Night creatures or a human. Fight for your cause and become the last one standing!

Lamia: Evony-Circle Midnight, Edward Circle Daybreak, Kristie-Circle Midnight
    Made vampires: Danny
    Werewolves: Lupus
    Witches: Violet Circle Daybreak
    Shapeshifters:
    Dragons: Landon ( Me)Circle Midnight

Soulmates: ___ &____ are soulmates
    ___&____
    ____&___

Last edited by Howl City on Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:29 pm; edited 8 times in total
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Read Me Re: Night World Roleplay

Post by Danny Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:16 pm

ooc - sorry guys, I've been extremely busy lately. I'm try to post when I can.

bic - I snap at the girl. "Focus. Try not to get distracted. Control is an important thing, something that new 'half breeds' don't have. But you knew that didn't you. Dispite our disagreements, I will freely admit you are quite smart. But why? The city is in ruins, what gain do you get from this?" I ask her, starring at her.

Walking a bit closer, my eye narrow. "What point are you trying to make?" I ask, critically.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:29 pm

"That's it." I growl, jumping off Danny's shoulder and taking form as the bad lady taunts me. The blue orbs begin to reform into my body from the feet up as I storm towards the lady [Kristie].
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:55 pm

“That a girl! Not good with mockery are you child?” I said with an overly satisfied smirk on my face as I glared at the young girl. I walked at an angel in their direction, towards the left side of them, taking my eyes off them momentarily. I made my walk look relaxed, but kept myself on edge should that devil of a girl try to attack again.

I looked to the city, in the direction of the side that was still to be evacuated. I closed my eyes, and concentrated on the sounds around me. A maniacal laugh came to me, woman, along with shouts. They were far, but getting closer with the sounds of the dirt moving about. It wouldn’t be much longer. “I suppose she told you?” I said with a fake sigh of disappointment. I turned to them, looking over at Evony before glaring at the Half Breed, “My point, is that they’ve already lost. This is a small example of what one Midnight can do, in a city of rebellion, and enemies, completely out numbered. We can create armies, and will always, win.” I said raising an eyebrow, then turning towards the city again, my back to them.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:02 pm

"But what is an army without the knowledge? They won't know what they're fighting for. Knowledge and strategy win wars Midnight." In the distance, I heard a disturbing laugh. It drifted towards us, thrilled about something. So she did create another vampire. Question is, how many did she kill for that "army"?

I stand waiting. She would give the order, and it would get messy. But Evony was just sitting there, as if not even paying attention. Why? What was wrong with her? And would she help, or flee again?
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:03 pm

I throw my arm out, a strong wave of energies create a wall and the wall quickens its approach on the bad lady.

She was right. I was horrible when being mocked. I raise my arms up and throw my arms down the side so another wall of energies shoots down from over her head.

I was pissed at her cockiness. And I was willing to put an end to it.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:24 pm

“They don’t need to know what they’re fighting, only who they’re fighting for – Me. I agree strategy is key, but who says I don’t have one? Half breeds are strong, stronger then most when freshly turned, surely you understand that.” I turned after answering his question, and within an instant I was hit with again a large amount of pressure.

My feet lifted from the ground, and whole body in pain from the energy, I hit the wall of the brick building that stood behind me. I crashed into, and fell to the ground, the dust clearing and stone debris settling. I stayed on the ground, face down, but my upper body elevated with my elbows. “Just as I thought, a coward will never fight truly. Only spells and powers. You’re weak, and pathetic.” I mocked her again.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:37 pm

I raise an eyebrow and quickly run up to her, grabbing her throat, my hand growing bigger as long as the rest of my body as I take my seventeen year old form. My eyes grow a dark black.

"Let's take a little trip." I say darkly, my teeth growing pointed and the air around us begins to lose its moisture as it whirs at violent speeds.
    Capri
    Capri
    The Zealous Irish-Italian

Post by Capri Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:49 pm

The Lamia's golden green eyes flicked to one face to another, concentrating intently on each of their thoughts. She wondered what Kristie had in store with her new hoard of newborns. Daniel was right, it could get messy. But satisfyingly so.

Evony suppressed a smirk and saw Daniel glance at her from the corner of his eye.
    "You two never stop bickering, do you?" her voice came out like ice as she watched the little girl transform into a teenager. She attacked Kristie, and Evony had to stop herself from helping her.

"Foolish."

Evony's brained was locked up tight. There wasn't any possibility that her thoughts could be heard...aside from her father. And she could sense that he was nearby. A chilly breezed rolled by, blowing her long hair behind her as new smells filled her nose.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:19 pm

Her hand grasp tightly on my neck, and I flicked my head straight up, hissing instantly with an open mouth and narrowed eyes. The air was being manipulated, swirling rapidly, and she’d become an older version of herself. What else could this, thing, do? The blast had barely injured me, but did distract me enough for her to even get this close. Even if she killed me now, I’d leave her something. “Isi rupa gitul! Nuanta ei! Sa le creeze! Omoara-l pe ceilalti! » I shouted out in a high pitched scream. My voice echoed through streets and boomed in the air. My creation would here it, and follow it’s instructions.

I looked directly at her face once more, not bothering to struggle yet, not until I had a good enough shot at it, I would only get one. “Not much a traveler.” I said with a forced smirk. Hopefully, Evony remained still. If I lost, and she revealed herself, they’d kill her.

OOC- I’ll reveal what it says in a bit. The crazy shit is an actual language.
    Capri
    Capri

Post by Capri Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:43 pm

OOC- Romanian! ;D Nice.

BIC-

Evony stiffened as she heard Kristie's words, knowing exactly what they meant. Evony had been fascinated by languages ever since she was little...years ago. Her eyes widened, then narrowed as she heard the newborns creep closer.

She was ready to save Kristie and get the hell out of there if the time called for it. Even if it would blow her cover. But she would try to be as secretive as possible.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:56 pm

"Leave her!" I tell to Mercy, wanting to take the Midnight myself. She then screams something, which had to be directed to her newborns. I look at The Midnight quickly. "On second thought, enjoy the dance," I tell Mercy. I turn to Evony who was still standing still. I sigh, before running off towards the new borns. Evony was out of the side lines again. Perhaps she liked seeing me struggle to get out of my own messes.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:12 pm

OOC- Correct. How the nuts did you know? o_O

My creation would gain others, under her control, thus under mine. After gaining enough, they would kill, and kill, until I said otherwise. I kept as calm as I could, still in hold of the being. The half breed, for a moment told her to release, but stopped when I gave my commands. If he knew our language, then I understand, but it would be rare for him too. “Me, or them, the choice is yours.” I muttered out to those who could hear, referring to my death, or the half breeds. If I die, they go on a rampage, feeding – Something I instructed not to do - and gaining strength. Or, they allow me to live, and go after them while they’re weakening. I looked down then, making sure I made eye contact with no one.

“I’m fine. They’ll be enough to over ride the city, and take it. Soon, leave and kill them off. Keep yourself covered.” I thought hard, trying to connect to Evony.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:48 pm

The wind warps and turns a discolored black and we then me and Kristie disappear.

The scenery changes, the sounds of a fast rushing river are heard and the ground becomes covered in fog. Gnarled trees line the river banks and the sounds of the dead screaming for mercy disturb the air.

"Welcome to the Realm of the Dead." I say darkly, standing in the rushing waters. I pick her up by the throat and then drop her into the water, where the currents were strong and could have easily pulled both of us away if one lost their footing.

"This here is the river in which the dead are sent down." I say, as if giving a tour, yet my voice is hollow.

Spirits start grasping for Kristie's feet in order to pull themselves back to the Light. They also grab for mine, but I push them off with spouts of energy.
    Capri
    Capri

Post by Capri Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:16 pm

Evony stared intensely into Kristie's eyes to confirmed that she understood. She watched the black swirl around them, then turned to follow Daniel.

Evony was behind him in seconds, "Daniel." Then she was on top of a nearby building, looking down at him and the progressing newborns.

"Do you wish for a death sentence? And don't you remember blood-thirsting and rampant you were at that age? Do not advance are you, they are stronger than you realize." she whispered to him with mock care.

Evony didn't care if he didn't listen. That was Daniel's loss. She "warned" him. A smirk appeared on her crimson lips, then was gone, mind locked up tight.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:27 pm

I couldn't begin to explain how this place made me feel, or how it even felt in atmosphere. If Death was an object, this would be the inside of it, even the strentch. It was foul, and anyone with a faint heart would lose their mind quickly in here.

Things began pulling at me, climbing at my legs, where I cautiously tried to kick them off, not moving quickly as I noticed the current of the river. What they were, I didn't care, but anything in the water, living here, wasn't something I wanted touching me. I opened my mouth, showing my fangs and hissed viciously at them as I kicked them off the best I could. "You've surrendered the city, they can not be controled!" I shouted at the girl, my eyes now a blood red with anger, and panic.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:34 pm

I raise an eyebrow, "Ah, growling and bearing your pearly whites wont get you out of this one, darling." I say darkly.

I watch her trying to kick off the spirits as they grab desperatly for her, their decaying hands climbing up her legs and mine. I stand quietly. Death wasn't something to fear, it was quiet a friend of mine actually.

"I see you've met my spirit friends." I say quietly with a chuckle, watching her closely.

She's got the city infested with her freaking little hybrids. Darcie yells at me and I growl, not facing Darcie.

I noticed. I say.

"My dear... Do you know what I am?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:54 pm

"I know how strong they are, that burst of energy they use for food. Believe you me Evony, I know strong they are. But I can't just stand here and watch as they rampage throughout the city. That guilt and blood would be over me," I tell her, watching the city.

"I have to help," I speak to her, walking forward, trying to repress the fear that kept kicking in my stomach and chest.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:19 pm

My attention turned to her quickly, my face still enraged as I became more frustrated with my position. "I don't care what you are. All I care about is leaving this retched place, and finishing off what you so rudely interrupted.” I growled deeply at her. As I wanted to yell more at her, my left side jerked down at the pull of almost being yanked into the river. I kicked off the thing pulling at me, and noticed more and more tugging at me.

“Get me out of here, name your price. Anything, just take us back!” I shouted, beginning to finally panic.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:25 am

Her face suddenly overcomes with worry. In no time she would've been pulled to the First Gate of Death. The dead slowly crawled up my legs as well, but I push them off, and they slide down into the murky waters.

I nod quietly, "You will take back your little newborns, kill them if necesarry." I start, "And you will leave my shadow alone...The boy...Danny I think his name is."

I raise an eyebrow, "Do we have a deal?"
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:01 pm

I swallowed, embarassed and furious at the situation occuring. My body stiffened and for a moment I managed to be free of the things crawling at my legs, but it wouldn't last long. Looking in her direction, but avoiding eye contact, I thought of my only options. She was not unstoppable, far from it, but for the moment she had the upper hand. There was nothing I could do.

"I agree to kill the newborns, they're of no importance." I said firmly. "The boy you can not speak for. Once I'm back, war between us, and even you will begin once more. I'll leave him till we meet again on our return, but that's it."
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:44 pm

I shrug, "He's my hovering spot." I say flatly, "I need him to... Stay off the radar for a while."

I giggle, hauling her out of the water, and with a flick of my wrist, the waters fade away and the air quickly rushed back into my lungs and we were back in the city.

I place her on the ground, and giggle slightly, seeing she was soaked from the waters.
    Capri
    Capri

Post by Capri Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:05 pm

As she listened to Danny speak, Capri felt the strangest sensation. Almost live a buzzing back in her brain. Wails. Screams of despair. But they were distant, fading. Like whispers.

Her head slowly turned back to where Kristie and the girl had been. They were gone. Her eyebrows furrowed as she concentrated on the sounds. It almost sounded like...

Dead souls.

Evony hadn't heard them in awhile. And that was on purpose. They brought back memories. When she was little, she had a friend that was a ghost, and they talked in her attic for hours on end. The ghost was a man in his thirties, haunting her coven house. When her parents learned of it, they warned Evony to stay away, and she quickly obeyed.

Her head then turned to the forest, where he father was. Her knew. He heard them. And he was the only one who could hear Evony's thoughts. She closed her eyes and saw his face. His expression mixed with worry mixed with a warning.

Then quite suddenly, Kristie and the girl were back, the blackness swirling around them then disappearing. An ice cold sigh came from her mouth as she looked up to the moon.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:05 pm

I soon saw the wave of newborns. Less than I anticipated, but still much more than I could handle. I snarl, partially to them, partially to Evony, who wasn't even going to bother helping me, so it seemed. Maybe she was smarted, counting her losses, but I didn't want to leave from this fight.

This was this moment of silence as I watched the newborns. And they to me. It was like the calm before the storm. I swallowed, anticipating the fight; the one they wouldn't lose. That many newborns against one vampire.....-

I charged at one, talking them by surprised. But what's one, right? I tackle her to the ground, biting into her neck, sending pure venom into her blood. She screamed, which didn't sound human... more demon like. Again I bite, digging my nails into her, letting blood flow out. Then before I could bite again, there was an arm around my neck, and two more under my shoulder, pulling me off. They toss me to the side before running after me. Great.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:32 pm

Wet, and becoming cold from the winds and night with each moment, I was back to our world and to the streets. My newborns had already arrived, and the boy engaged fighting with them. I sighed heavily and rolled my eyes. They were instructed to kill the humans, if he did not attack, they would not harm him.

For a moment, I glared heavily at the child who had brought me back, a furious expression on my face matching my narrowed eyes. Part wanted to ram her skull into the stones that stood behind her, but chancing it would mean chancing returning to that... Place. I shook off the thoughts, and stomped towards the boy and new borns.

I connected to the minds, my eyes turning a blood red with a small pin size black pupil. "Raman inca!" I commanded loud, with a hissed tone. Not a moment after did they stop their attacks. Their bodies relaxed and stood straight, looking to me. "Uita-te in ochii mei. Sa nu sparga nicaieri!" They looked into my eyes, and soon theirs became a jet black. A couple seconds passed, and I'd been able to lock into each of their minds, bodies, and soul. I raised one hand, open palm, still staring into them.

I closed my hand, and they dropped to the grounds. Their eyes open, and icey white. Small, silver mist left their bodies and to me. I let go of the connection, and returned to normal. I swallowed hard, ashamed not of having to kill them, but that I'd been FORCED to. I turned, not looking at the boy, but straight to the child. "They will not rise, and anything they've bitten will no turn, just die." I said flattly and looked away, thinking to Evony.

"There is a river 5km West, on the opposite side of the city. Be there in a couple minutes, find a way to get away from them. We need to talk." After that, I took off myself down the streets and out of sight of them. I first wanted to see the side of the city that my newborns had attacked, and see just how much damage they'd done.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:53 pm

I watch the lady change them and I nod, she seemed pissed. I could tell she wanted to probably bash my skull into the concrete a few times and throw my body around. But I generally had the upper hand in this situation. I knew what her weakness was, I saw it, it burned inside of her like a flame.

It made me smile actually.

"Good." I say and she flickers down the street.

I turn to my hovering spot, Danny, and giggled lightly.

"You may thank me any time you'd like." I say, a dark smile flashing across my face.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:35 pm