Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

+6
Burn It
Capri
Jesseses
Danny
Brandon
Howl City
10 posters

Night World Roleplay

Howl City
    Howl City
    Earthbound
    Earthbound

Read Me Night World Roleplay

Post by Howl City Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:30 pm

First topic message reminder :

Fantasy Group Roleplay
    Night World Roleplay
    Please repost with only permission on the condition that you have to credit Earthbound, the original creator.
    This roleplay is based off the Night World series by L.J. Smith. However, I made certain changes to the plot to fit it into a roleplay format since the last novel has not been released yet.

The series presents a story in which vampires, witches, werewolves and shape-shifters live among us humans without our knowledge. These supernatural races make up a secret society known as the Night World, which enforces two fundamental laws to prevent discovery: 1) Never allow humans to gain knowledge of the Night World's existence and, 2) Never fall in love with one of them.
    That rule was broken many times when the ‘Soulmate principle’ came back. Often mentioned in the series, the soulmate principal is the theory that if two people are connected by a silver mental cord (the silver cord can only be seen by the soulmates), they are soulmates. The silver cord can also be used to sense what his/her soulmate is feeling. The soulmates are drawn to each other and can sense each other’s feelings and thoughts mentally.

Species Overview:
    Vampires: There are two types of vampires in the Night World. Lamia and ‘made vampires’. Wood and fire acts as poison to all Vampires.

Lamia: Lamia is the term in this series for those who are born as vampires. They age, eat and grow as humans do, but also have the ability to stop the aging process at any point they please; however, once a lamia that has stopped aging decides to begin aging again, the aging process will be accelerated so that their physical appearance will match their true age in a short amount of time. Also, the Lamia are able to have children, unlike the "made vampires"

Made vampires: Made vampires are humans that have been made into vampires by exchanging blood with lamia or with another made vampire. Since older people cannot survive the physical transition, all made vampires look about age nineteen or younger. Also, unlike lamia vampires, made vampires do not age, eat and cannot reproduce.

*During the blood exchange between a vampire and a human, if the human dies before the blood is completely exchanged, they will awaken as a ghoul, where their only aim in life is to kill and eat(In essence, ghouls are zombies)

Werewolves: Silver and fire acts as poison to all Werewolves. Like vampires, werewolves can be born as such and also be made. Unlike vampires, werewolves must kill every time they feed because they need to consume organs. Thus, Night World law states that werewolves can only kill and eat animals. In the Night World, werewolves are treated as second-class citizens and are the victims of prejudice and racism. Werewolves are actually a branch of Shapeshifters. However, werewolves make the majority of shapeshifters and therefore is considered a different race. They are stronger than vampires, especially on a full moon but is slower and controlled by their instincts. Werewolves often have low intelligence.

Witches: Witches practice magic with the aid of herbs, gemstones, effigies and incantations, all of which may be used in a spell. However their magic is innate and does not always require external aids, although these can accentuate their power. They most commonly use ‘witchfire’ as their primary weapon which is a fully visible, orange ball of energy that they shoot out from their hands by concentrating their magic. Witchfire, when fired is essentially a fireball that can hit objects with the force of a football player. However, witches can fire only so many of these balls. Witches do not have super-strength or super-speed and iron acts as poison in their blood.

Shapeshifters: Shapeshifters had control of the world long before witches and vampires. Their leaders were known as "Dragons", beings that could change into the form of any animal as long as they have had physical contact to that animal.To kill a dragon you must take off all of its horns. Normally shapeshifters can only change into one pre-determined animal form, such as hawks, bears and panthers. Silver acts as poison in shapeshifters.

Groups:
    Circle Daybreak: Normally, circles only consist of witches but since the apocalypse has been drawing near, circles now represent any groups of Night People. Circle Daybreak wants to bring peace between the Night People and humans and also prevent the other Night People from killing. Every witch on the planet has now joined Circle Daybreak. Meanwhile, only a fraction of vampires, werewolves have joined Circle Daybreak. Every shapeshifter, except Dragons and Werewolves have joined as well.

Circle Midnight: Wants nothing more than death of humans. Composed of the majority of Vampires and Werewolves left on Earth. Dragons, the shapeshifters that can turn into any creature they’ve had physical contact with ( animals, different human individuals, you name it) are also part of Circle Midnight. Dragons can also, incidentally shapeshift into dragons.

Circle Midnight has declared war on every human and circle daybreak and has been killing everything in sight for the past few days. The world is on a war, a war between humanity and otherworldly creatures. The Night People simply regenerate if not killed by the substance that are poisonous to them. You could shoot them with bullets and not kill them unless it’s made of wood for vampires, silver for shapeshifters, etc. Bombs have proven to be useless and only caused more human casualties.
    So join as a member of one of the two circles and join as any of the Night creatures or a human. Fight for your cause and become the last one standing!

Lamia: Evony-Circle Midnight, Edward Circle Daybreak, Kristie-Circle Midnight
    Made vampires: Danny
    Werewolves: Lupus
    Witches: Violet Circle Daybreak
    Shapeshifters:
    Dragons: Landon ( Me)Circle Midnight

Soulmates: ___ &____ are soulmates
    ___&____
    ____&___

Last edited by Howl City on Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:29 pm; edited 8 times in total
    Jesseses
    Jesseses

Read Me Re: Night World Roleplay

Post by Jesseses Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:45 pm

Violet was on close to base when she heard cries. She shoots a silver bullets and the thing attack the mother. It fell. She rushed to the family. The husband ran to the wife side. Violet could not think of a spell to try to help her. All she could do was wrap it up temporarily. She gave him directions to the base with other humans. Violet watched them leave. “Is the witch running out of potions?” she quickly turns.
    “Who’s there?” she saw five shadows moving.
    They finally popped out. “You killed a friend of ours. Now its time to die” they all took turns to hit Violet.
    She injured one of them. Cut a few of them but did not kill any of them. They threw gun with silver bullets in a bush. They popped her shoulder out of place. She cries in pain. She cast a spell to turn invisible. She knows this spell would weaken her but she has to do what until someone else comes and helps her. “Goddess be, protect this, our charge, from harm. Let her not be sought or seen by those who work their charm” she silently crawls away. “Where did you go witch?!” the lamia yells at her.
    She casts another spell to get sends a message to the closest daybreak around. “Goddess be, protect this, our charge, from harm. Let her not be sought or seen by those who work their charm: ‘help..’” she gets into a trunk of a truck. She covers herself with a blanket that was in there. Slowly she passes out.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:52 pm

I turn around and begin walking out of the base. Families came towards me, crying for help, but it was always the same thing I had to say. "Sorry ma'am, we're doing as much as we can." Or "We're looking, we're trying. Please be a little patient." It's very distracting and unneeded, but I didn't mind the interaction with people, of course the stench of blood was unbearable. I'll have to remember to get a blood pack before I leave.

A woman, of old age, runs up and grabs my arms. "My son! My son! You've got to help me!" I try to gently pull away, but she seemed determined. "He's gone away! Said he wanted to help! He ran off!" she sobs and swings me into a hug, crying in my chest.

"Please ma'am, we're look-" My head jolts up to see Evony there. "I'll try and find him," I tell the woman and I push her away, with a little more force than before. She stares, before walking off sobbing. "Evony," I stand and smile, holding out a hand. "It's good to see you! Are you alright?"
    Howl City
    Howl City
    Earthbound
    Earthbound

Post by Howl City Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:29 pm

The rumbles of the crash subside but my pain doesn't. It only amplifies and works its ways down my wings, down to my body. I scream and in a valliant attempt, I send a telepathic message to every Night Person within a one-mile diametre. I needed more power to target specific individuals. I might've just caused my own demise if a Daybreaker is to find me, but if a Midnighter finds me, they would attempt to save me.

It seemed like it had been ages when my power completely diminished and I reverted back to my human form involuntarily. I croaked and coughed out drops of ruby liquid I recognized as my blood. Using my left arm, I turned my body around so that I was directly looking up at the sky now.
    "So beautiful," I muttered. The crimson sky was truly a beauty. Though the earth was in utter chaos, the sky was in total peace. I smirked, hearing footsteps nearby. It must be a Daybreaker by the way it hadn't used Telepathy on me. I was doomed. I suddenly had second thoughts about all the bad deeds I had done. Killing the humans so ruthlessly, biting that woman and turning her. What had been the point of all that?
    Jesseses
    Jesseses

Post by Jesseses Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:46 pm

Violet was in so much pain. She woke up in a trunk. She doesn’t remember how she got there. She gets out the truck, wrapped a cloth around her neck, and put the arm with the shoulder that is popped out in it. She whines. She was glad she drew doors almost all over town. She could simply cast a door to safety but she doesn’t have enough energy yet. She started limp back to base. She wipes the blood that was running down her head.
    Capri
    Capri
    The Zealous Irish-Italian

Post by Capri Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:49 pm

Evony returned the smile and gently grabbed his hand. Their skin was almost matching, that hard, pale white. The only difference was that Daniel's skin was quite cold, compared to her lukewarm Lamian skin. Daniel was probably the only person she found "acceptable" in the Circle Daybreak. Plus, the were from around the same century.

"Oh, yes. I'm fine, just a little...I don't know how to explain it. Things like this always seem to create a frenzy. And you?" Her French accent was thick, though very clear. Her golden green eyes looked strange and luminecent under the flourencence. As did her raven black hair and white skin.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:45 pm

I sigh and run a hand through my hair. "Oh you know... I've had better days," I joke. Evony was my closet friend here at the base. I wasn't sure if she felt the same way about, but it was good to have someone to talk too. She was always the one I went to talk to when I had vampire question. And though a lot of Daybreaks's didn't like her, I thought she was a powerful and useful alley.

"Actually I've been switched. On offence now. I've been told just to attack," I tell her as I start walking away. I shrug my shoulders and laughed. "Hopefully I'll see you another day my friend," I smirk before turning around. Perhaps I act a bit too... Goofy? Just trying to lighten the mood for myself I guess, though at times, I've been known to be a bit cynical too. At the door, I grab a blood pack and down it before sprinting out of the base, and back into the chaos of the outside world.

As I get outside though, I'm stopped by Steve (the werewolf commander). He informs me that there has been an explosion of a building up town. He wants me to scout it. Typical of Steve. Tell me the basics, nothing about who I'm working with or anything information I might need, like suspected amount of Midnights. I just nod and run towards the building explosion site. I reach there quickly, but it seemed quiet, eerily so... Was I walking into a trap? Walking, cautiously, closer in, I climb over rubble. Hundreds or dead bodies laid scattered across the ruins. But further into the mess, was a crater. It wasn't huge or deep, but it was unnaturally there. I walk to the edge of it and peer in. Inside, I see something I wasn't expecting.

I stand there and give a laugh. "Isn't this surprising?" I call out to the man. "Has the Great and Might Dragon been slain?" I ask. Half taunting, half curious. "I must say, you were truly a brilliant character. And, dare I say, it would be hard to find another who could fill your shoes!"
    Capri
    Capri

Post by Capri Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:44 am

"Farewell," she said as Daniel walked away. It was too bad that he wasn't on her side. If he only knew...

Evony began to walk down the hallway, in direction of the room where she'd left the little girl. The smell of blood, death, and fear drifted into the hallways. Beautiful.

Steve walking rufly inside, boots clomping and face brooding. Pondering, confused. He looked up just as he reached Evony, stopping.
    "You have experience in fighting, correct?" he said, looking down at her. This was really getting to him. She smirked in her mind. Good.

"Yes, sir, I certainly do." she answered nodding.

"Well, I realize that there's not much for you to do here because of the distraction of the blo-" he stopped, catching himself. His eyes widened as he looked away awkwardly. Almost fearfully.

Evony's eyes darkened, "What was that?" she raised and eyebrow.

"No-nothing. I need you ou-" he was interrupted by her.

"Steve, when are you going to accept the fact that I'm not that way anymore?" she practically spat in her perfect lie. He said nothing, just looked beyond her.

Her eyes bore into his with her unmoving granite stare. It was so odd how in-human she could look at will, even though blood ran through her veins. But she was not human.

Steve cleared his throat, obviously bothered, "I need you out in the field. I've assembled more troops, Midnight is rising against us."

Her cold glare lingered on him for a second before she stepped around him, and walked to the door. When she got there, she opened the door, but stopped and turned to look at the back of Steve.

Almost like he sensed it, he looked towards her.
    "You could've just left it at that," that cold whisper returned.

Steve shuddered, eyes looking to the ground as the Lamian woman strode out into the dark, cold streets.

With swift ease, and in a matter of seconds, she was on the roofs again. Jumping across them, eerily humming to herself. She stopped suddenly.

A Dragon, a Midnight, the one from before. Injured? He would know of her, and she knew his name. Evony saw Daniel there also. Her dark silhouette stood at the top of the tall building, her hair blowing around, looking down upon the wreckage. All around were bodies and debris. The eyes of the Lamia flashed once more.
    Brandon
    Brandon
    Brandy Maxy
    Brandy Maxy

Post by Brandon Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:55 am

I groaned into the concrete, I was just regaining consciousness. I rolled over, grabbing my head gently and getting to my feet. I had a pounding headache and my stomach was bleeding....what ever happened to me will heal in a couple hours so I wasn't worried. I leaned against a nearby wall. My forearm pressed agaist it, I could feel where the skin had been scraped off my arm. It burned a bit, but I ignored it. My vision was becoming less blury and my other senses were begining to become more aware. Except for smell...I could feel the tightness in my nose from a small back up of blood in each nasal, Relizing this, I now began to walk, still using the wall as support. I didn't know exactly where I was or exactly who I was. I was just hoping I would find someone to help me out a little bit.
    Jesseses
    Jesseses

Post by Jesseses Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:38 pm

Violet couldn’t take the pain any longer. She goes into a little forest to make a potion that would help her. Luckily, she found the herbs she needed. She smashed one of her gemstones to help keep the potion affective for a while longer. The potion would heal half of the wound. Violet used one on herself.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:34 pm

Permission to join?
    Skye
    Skye

Post by Skye Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:39 pm

Room to spare?
    Jesseses
    Jesseses

Post by Jesseses Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:39 pm

You both should join. Make this RP interesting and live again Smile
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:27 pm

I want to, but I'm waiting till I see it become active again.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:54 pm

Does anyone know where Howl went?
    Howl City
    Howl City
    Earthbound
    Earthbound

Post by Howl City Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:57 pm

Argh, so sorry.And of course you can join Skye and Kristie!
    Simply Random
    Simply Random

Post by Simply Random Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:20 pm

Found him! He's on lol.
    Howl City
    Howl City
    Earthbound
    Earthbound

Post by Howl City Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:40 pm

Lol, what?
    Howl City
    Howl City
    Earthbound
    Earthbound

Post by Howl City Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:45 pm

"Wh-whoever you are, finish me. I have no power left anyways." I spoke full-heartedly. My vision was blurry and couldn't tell whether she was a witch or lamia. Obviously, no matter how weak she was, she had to be stronger than me as of now. Tears ran down my cheeks for the first time in my life as I prepared for my death. So this was what my victims felt every time I killed. If I were to be born again, I swore that I would not take the gift of life from any being again.
    Simply Random
    Simply Random

Post by Simply Random Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:48 pm

Nothing ^_^
    Um.. I'm lost. I know I am not RP'ing, but who is with who and where? And why is there any soulmates?
    Oh and I'll tell 'Violet'[Jessica] that the RP is active.
    Howl City
    Howl City
    Earthbound
    Earthbound

Post by Howl City Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:55 pm

^.^ Thank you and hmm, Capri and Danny seem to be near my nearly-dead body. Others, just being loners ;D
    Simply Random
    Simply Random

Post by Simply Random Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:01 pm

Oh okay. So who attacked you and the others? Sorry I haven't grouped RP in a while. How does the soulmate thing work?
    Jesseses
    Jesseses

Post by Jesseses Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:08 pm

No I'm going to die! I don't have milk si I can't make hot chocolate.. dam snow lol
    Hola amigos. Crystal stop asking questions Razz
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:13 pm

OOC- I seriously hope this makes sense..

BIC-
    The breeze did nothing for me anymore. It carried no sweet scents or fresh air that would usually sooth or freshen a body. What I smelt standing down wind, was mortal flesh. Their stench had become so distinctive to me, and so repulsive, it was the only thing I noticed now. Sometimes it made me want to puke, sometimes it just amused me to know I’d get the privileged of exterminating the smell. And sometimes, it just made me angry to have to smell it all, that these things should have been harvested long ago. The angry usually went away with a good hunt, sort of like revenge; you disgust me, and I kill you. I still think I get the short of the straw to be honest, but life isn’t perfect.

Speaking of revolting things, here came that very scent now. I take one step into a street, and I’m almost winded over by the strong scent of their bodies, mainly sweat. Big grouping maybe? Why couldn’t they smell like they tasted? Sweet, smooth, cold bloody taste and scent.. Something so ugly carries something so heavenly. I needed them, yet I want them dead. Bit of a ironic situation wouldn’t you say?

These ones were most likely trying to escape the city from the chaos. On foot, and unarmed by my guessing - Could they get any less intelligent? Brain dead, waste of air and space, terms that could describe these cattle. I kept myself hidden in the tree branches, knelt down and blacked out by the shadows. If they were to shine light, all they would see is the reflection of my eyes, but it would also be the last thing they’d see.

They came into view, and there were less then I suspected – The hunger seeping in. Three women, between 19 and 25, huffing and panting, exhausted from running of fear. Slow creatures too, but that was my advantage. I waited till they stopped for a breather, their chests rising and sinking rapidly trying to catch a breath. In a single blink, I’d dropped, grabbed the eldest, and returned to the trees. Speed, I loved using it to toy with them. They other two began to panic, shouting out for their friend, “Cassie! Cassie!”

Such a pretty name, “Bye Cassie.” I whispered to her ear, while my hand was covering her mouth, preventing her from screaming. A snap, and her neck was done. I let the dead body drop, and used it as a distraction for the other two. They both screamed, and I made my second decent. But this time, I brought no one up with me. The two women began to cry and freeze of shock from what was happening.

They looked to each other carefully, one of the woman’s cries stopped. Her friend looked at her, wondering why she was so quiet, standing at her left. The woman did not move, her eyes just began to widen, and her knees soon gave out. Suddenly her body dropped, and her friend began to scream. Now, with the body on the ground she saw the huge chunk of flesh ripped from the right side of her neck, where she was now bleeding out. I’d taken it during my leap down there. My fun was done, and the last one was my meal.

She backed away from her dead friends and put her back to a large tree, her hand covering her mouth and face red as blood from crying. I dropped about 10 feet from her, looking directly at her with a huge smirk. She whimpered, but didn’t run, instead just cried and kept staring at me. “Why.” She said in a large gasp as she exhaled. I laughed, and walked closer to her, and she started to shuffle her feet, as if to run. “Because this, is your purpose.”

Those were the last words she heard before I drank my dinner. My hunger satisfied, I walked calmly in the direction of the city, watching my surroundings to make sure no one else escaped alive.
    Howl City
    Howl City
    Earthbound
    Earthbound

Post by Howl City Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:22 pm

OOC: No one attacked me, debris of a building squashed me Very Happy And Kristie, there's no proper rule or way the rp'ing has to be and your post is great. It makes sense by the way Very Happy And agh, circle Midnight. Same team Very Happy
    Capri
    Capri

Post by Capri Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:24 pm

OOC- Howl, I'm guessing you directed that towards Danny, since he's the one standing over you? But you used 'she' so i was confused. I'm on top of a building nearby. But:

BIC-

She saw Danny talk to the Dragon, and the dragon talk back.
    "Oh, Landon," she whispered, her ice-cold voice cutting through the air like ice. She shouldn't just let him die.

One moment she was there, the next...she wasn't. If you had blinked, you would've missed it. She was beside Danny now, looking down on Landon.
    "Don't kill him, he could be useful." she said to Danny, looking into the eyes of Landon.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:42 am