Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

+6
Burn It
Capri
Jesseses
Danny
Brandon
Howl City
10 posters

Night World Roleplay

Howl City
    Howl City
    Earthbound
    Earthbound

Read Me Night World Roleplay

Post by Howl City Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:30 pm

First topic message reminder :

Fantasy Group Roleplay
    Night World Roleplay
    Please repost with only permission on the condition that you have to credit Earthbound, the original creator.
    This roleplay is based off the Night World series by L.J. Smith. However, I made certain changes to the plot to fit it into a roleplay format since the last novel has not been released yet.

The series presents a story in which vampires, witches, werewolves and shape-shifters live among us humans without our knowledge. These supernatural races make up a secret society known as the Night World, which enforces two fundamental laws to prevent discovery: 1) Never allow humans to gain knowledge of the Night World's existence and, 2) Never fall in love with one of them.
    That rule was broken many times when the ‘Soulmate principle’ came back. Often mentioned in the series, the soulmate principal is the theory that if two people are connected by a silver mental cord (the silver cord can only be seen by the soulmates), they are soulmates. The silver cord can also be used to sense what his/her soulmate is feeling. The soulmates are drawn to each other and can sense each other’s feelings and thoughts mentally.

Species Overview:
    Vampires: There are two types of vampires in the Night World. Lamia and ‘made vampires’. Wood and fire acts as poison to all Vampires.

Lamia: Lamia is the term in this series for those who are born as vampires. They age, eat and grow as humans do, but also have the ability to stop the aging process at any point they please; however, once a lamia that has stopped aging decides to begin aging again, the aging process will be accelerated so that their physical appearance will match their true age in a short amount of time. Also, the Lamia are able to have children, unlike the "made vampires"

Made vampires: Made vampires are humans that have been made into vampires by exchanging blood with lamia or with another made vampire. Since older people cannot survive the physical transition, all made vampires look about age nineteen or younger. Also, unlike lamia vampires, made vampires do not age, eat and cannot reproduce.

*During the blood exchange between a vampire and a human, if the human dies before the blood is completely exchanged, they will awaken as a ghoul, where their only aim in life is to kill and eat(In essence, ghouls are zombies)

Werewolves: Silver and fire acts as poison to all Werewolves. Like vampires, werewolves can be born as such and also be made. Unlike vampires, werewolves must kill every time they feed because they need to consume organs. Thus, Night World law states that werewolves can only kill and eat animals. In the Night World, werewolves are treated as second-class citizens and are the victims of prejudice and racism. Werewolves are actually a branch of Shapeshifters. However, werewolves make the majority of shapeshifters and therefore is considered a different race. They are stronger than vampires, especially on a full moon but is slower and controlled by their instincts. Werewolves often have low intelligence.

Witches: Witches practice magic with the aid of herbs, gemstones, effigies and incantations, all of which may be used in a spell. However their magic is innate and does not always require external aids, although these can accentuate their power. They most commonly use ‘witchfire’ as their primary weapon which is a fully visible, orange ball of energy that they shoot out from their hands by concentrating their magic. Witchfire, when fired is essentially a fireball that can hit objects with the force of a football player. However, witches can fire only so many of these balls. Witches do not have super-strength or super-speed and iron acts as poison in their blood.

Shapeshifters: Shapeshifters had control of the world long before witches and vampires. Their leaders were known as "Dragons", beings that could change into the form of any animal as long as they have had physical contact to that animal.To kill a dragon you must take off all of its horns. Normally shapeshifters can only change into one pre-determined animal form, such as hawks, bears and panthers. Silver acts as poison in shapeshifters.

Groups:
    Circle Daybreak: Normally, circles only consist of witches but since the apocalypse has been drawing near, circles now represent any groups of Night People. Circle Daybreak wants to bring peace between the Night People and humans and also prevent the other Night People from killing. Every witch on the planet has now joined Circle Daybreak. Meanwhile, only a fraction of vampires, werewolves have joined Circle Daybreak. Every shapeshifter, except Dragons and Werewolves have joined as well.

Circle Midnight: Wants nothing more than death of humans. Composed of the majority of Vampires and Werewolves left on Earth. Dragons, the shapeshifters that can turn into any creature they’ve had physical contact with ( animals, different human individuals, you name it) are also part of Circle Midnight. Dragons can also, incidentally shapeshift into dragons.

Circle Midnight has declared war on every human and circle daybreak and has been killing everything in sight for the past few days. The world is on a war, a war between humanity and otherworldly creatures. The Night People simply regenerate if not killed by the substance that are poisonous to them. You could shoot them with bullets and not kill them unless it’s made of wood for vampires, silver for shapeshifters, etc. Bombs have proven to be useless and only caused more human casualties.
    So join as a member of one of the two circles and join as any of the Night creatures or a human. Fight for your cause and become the last one standing!

Lamia: Evony-Circle Midnight, Edward Circle Daybreak, Kristie-Circle Midnight
    Made vampires: Danny
    Werewolves: Lupus
    Witches: Violet Circle Daybreak
    Shapeshifters:
    Dragons: Landon ( Me)Circle Midnight

Soulmates: ___ &____ are soulmates
    ___&____
    ____&___

Last edited by Howl City on Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:29 pm; edited 8 times in total
    Capri
    Capri
    The Zealous Irish-Italian

Read Me Re: Night World Roleplay

Post by Capri Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:17 pm

Evony closed her eyes, inhaling deeply. Different aromas filled her nostrils...trees, birds, small animals, streams, and...Her eyes opened, "Yes, deer. To the northwest."
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:35 pm

"Uhm..." I say vaguely, "Not really?" I gulp, and Darcie growls slightly.

"Darcie, Caleb... Chaos Children... Seems like there's no one here to protect you now." The leader of the Arch's chuckles darkly and takes a long, powerful stride towards us.

Echo and I swiftly change into our older forms, but not nearly reaching the 8 ft Arch Angel's height.

I wince, we'd fought the Light before. But this time the Light had sent Arch Angels after us... Arch Angels were taller, and more powerful. I bet we could take them, but it'd be difficult, especially if they had White Light following them.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:50 pm

I watch it, in disbelief. I had almost forgotten about the Midnights... Almost. But I was distracted. Eight feet they stood, a glow coming from what seemed to be behind them. What was going on? I start to back away quickly, watching them as I moved. I couldn't stag here. The girl seemed to be busy, so I took my chance to leave.

This was her thing to deal with, I has my own things to worry about.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:59 pm

Echo whips around as I keep my eyes on the Arch Angels striding towards me. He grabs me with his broad hand by the shirt and my eyes widen slightly, then narrow.

"Don't touch me." I say, anger flashes through to the very core of my body.

He chuckles and I let out a scream, and a wall of energy rushes forward and knocks his grip off me. He stumbles back.

"No!" Echo says to Danny, "Please... Stay..."

I quickly get in fighting stance as the rest of the Arch Angels come at me.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:59 pm

"Stay?" I ask, pausing. "To do what? I don't even know what's going on. I'm just caught in the middle of this. Why are they even after you? What did you do?"
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:12 pm

Echo raises an eyebrow, "We need you for our hovering spot..." She explains to Danny, "We're the Chaos Children..." She watches Danny's eyes for a moment if there was a light of recigintion [sp], but she sees none quick enough.

"Two children were created when the war between the Light and the Dark was raging on. The Chaos Children. Half Light, Half Dark, created by the Underlords," Echo speaks quickly, "From Demonic descent, one was given the power to live in the Shadows and one was given the ability to transform into a ball of energy. A nice lady hid us before the Arch Angels could possibly get ahold of us, considering we had just been Created. She died quickly... But, after that, we had won the war, turning on the Dark side, and the Light side... Both sides have been after us since... Hovering spots are our protection zone, and you are Jinx's, since she healed you. And you are mine as well." Echo finishes, looking up at Danny, taking a small breath in.

I quickly dodge the Arch Angels, rising the dead and a flash of spirits become my shield and I quickly raise a wall of energy, swirling it around the eight Arch's and I unfurl my wings, flying up and out of the vortex. The vortex begins to squeeze and crunch the Archs tightly together.

"ENOUGH!" The leader of the Arch Angels booms loudly and demolishes my wall of energy with the swipe of his hand. I soar into the air.

"I could use some help Echo." I say hastily, a bit of anxiety rules my voice.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:37 pm

"I don't understand! I'm not doing anything, nor can I help! And I certainly don't want to get involved in this! Look!" I scream to them. "I'm going. So your either coming with me, or taking your chances!" I scream, speeding off into the distance, away from the Angels.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:49 pm

"Good. It'll be enough t-" A jolt of pressure hit my head like a rock. The back of it felt pulsating, like something inside just to force it's way out, and failing each time. I squinked my eyes in the pain, handling it for the few moments it lasted. I opened my eyes, regaining myself. I rubbed my hand over my the side and back of my neck, and when bringing it back to my side, noticed the back of it.

Viens were distinctive, extremely distinctive, as if the skin itself was caving in. "The thirst is taking, we must hurry." I said to Evony.
    Capri
    Capri

Post by Capri Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:38 am

"Stay, Kristie," Evony whispered. Then she was gone. She was now standing behind the deer. Right as it realized she was there, she'd snapped it's neck, holding its limp body in her arms. In a flash, she was next to Kristie once more, holding the deer to her, "Hurry."
    Capri
    Capri

Post by Capri Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:54 am

OOC- Okay, everyone. I'm going on a trip to Washington D.C. starting today. I won't be home until this coming Tuesday at noon. And I'll probably be dead tired. So I'll see what I can do. At 6 P.M., I leave to jump on a bus. The bus ride will be 14 HOURS LONG. I will have internet access on my phone, and it's difficult to make good posts with it, but I will definitely try. But my phone's battery only lasts like ten hours, and less if I use the internet. :/ I'm too attached to this place to be away from it for too long, so when I'm not busy I'll post. But understand I'm on a trip with 80 other high school students and we're to be together ALL OF THE TIME. Blahh, don't know why I signed up...but ya know. It's called the Pro-Life Trip, and thousands of people from the United States march around Washington D.C. for hours to show that they believe in no abortion (check it). For the most part, I'm going to get away from school and to chill with my friends, but anyway...thought that I'd fill ya in.

So anyway, I won't be making too many posts and I'll try and make my characters do something that doesn't involve y'all replying. Razz I'll come back soon.

Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:05 pm

I could barely disagree with remaining here before she took off into the thicken darkness of the forest. Which, began to blend in oddly with the trees, and light, dusty ground that only moments ago stood out against the dim moonlight. Enhanced vision, was a no go. Turning around, pacing in frustrating, I was startled when Evony showed up in a blink with the dead creature in her arms. Almost as fast as she arrived, I took hold of it's neck and bit down harder and harder, trying to release more blood by the second down my throat. I drank a large gulp of it, which made me only want more. Animal blood was bitter, and runney appose to a human's thick and rich.

I let go it's neck, gasping for the breath I'd lost when the thirst would not allow me to let go. "Thank you." I said between breaths, and stood up straight. With each second I felt less weak, but not as strong as I should of. Animal blood quenches, that's it. "We have to find a closed space. Sunrise is minutes away." With that being said, I took off to the peek, where, to my luck, stood a cave opening. It would be deep enough to hide from the sun throughout the day, and assure safety for the time. I walked in, and found the back of the cave, where I sat and waited for sleep to take.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:38 am