Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

+6
Burn It
Capri
Jesseses
Danny
Brandon
Howl City
10 posters

Night World Roleplay

Howl City
    Howl City
    Earthbound
    Earthbound

Read Me Night World Roleplay

Post by Howl City Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:30 pm

First topic message reminder :

Fantasy Group Roleplay
    Night World Roleplay
    Please repost with only permission on the condition that you have to credit Earthbound, the original creator.
    This roleplay is based off the Night World series by L.J. Smith. However, I made certain changes to the plot to fit it into a roleplay format since the last novel has not been released yet.

The series presents a story in which vampires, witches, werewolves and shape-shifters live among us humans without our knowledge. These supernatural races make up a secret society known as the Night World, which enforces two fundamental laws to prevent discovery: 1) Never allow humans to gain knowledge of the Night World's existence and, 2) Never fall in love with one of them.
    That rule was broken many times when the ‘Soulmate principle’ came back. Often mentioned in the series, the soulmate principal is the theory that if two people are connected by a silver mental cord (the silver cord can only be seen by the soulmates), they are soulmates. The silver cord can also be used to sense what his/her soulmate is feeling. The soulmates are drawn to each other and can sense each other’s feelings and thoughts mentally.

Species Overview:
    Vampires: There are two types of vampires in the Night World. Lamia and ‘made vampires’. Wood and fire acts as poison to all Vampires.

Lamia: Lamia is the term in this series for those who are born as vampires. They age, eat and grow as humans do, but also have the ability to stop the aging process at any point they please; however, once a lamia that has stopped aging decides to begin aging again, the aging process will be accelerated so that their physical appearance will match their true age in a short amount of time. Also, the Lamia are able to have children, unlike the "made vampires"

Made vampires: Made vampires are humans that have been made into vampires by exchanging blood with lamia or with another made vampire. Since older people cannot survive the physical transition, all made vampires look about age nineteen or younger. Also, unlike lamia vampires, made vampires do not age, eat and cannot reproduce.

*During the blood exchange between a vampire and a human, if the human dies before the blood is completely exchanged, they will awaken as a ghoul, where their only aim in life is to kill and eat(In essence, ghouls are zombies)

Werewolves: Silver and fire acts as poison to all Werewolves. Like vampires, werewolves can be born as such and also be made. Unlike vampires, werewolves must kill every time they feed because they need to consume organs. Thus, Night World law states that werewolves can only kill and eat animals. In the Night World, werewolves are treated as second-class citizens and are the victims of prejudice and racism. Werewolves are actually a branch of Shapeshifters. However, werewolves make the majority of shapeshifters and therefore is considered a different race. They are stronger than vampires, especially on a full moon but is slower and controlled by their instincts. Werewolves often have low intelligence.

Witches: Witches practice magic with the aid of herbs, gemstones, effigies and incantations, all of which may be used in a spell. However their magic is innate and does not always require external aids, although these can accentuate their power. They most commonly use ‘witchfire’ as their primary weapon which is a fully visible, orange ball of energy that they shoot out from their hands by concentrating their magic. Witchfire, when fired is essentially a fireball that can hit objects with the force of a football player. However, witches can fire only so many of these balls. Witches do not have super-strength or super-speed and iron acts as poison in their blood.

Shapeshifters: Shapeshifters had control of the world long before witches and vampires. Their leaders were known as "Dragons", beings that could change into the form of any animal as long as they have had physical contact to that animal.To kill a dragon you must take off all of its horns. Normally shapeshifters can only change into one pre-determined animal form, such as hawks, bears and panthers. Silver acts as poison in shapeshifters.

Groups:
    Circle Daybreak: Normally, circles only consist of witches but since the apocalypse has been drawing near, circles now represent any groups of Night People. Circle Daybreak wants to bring peace between the Night People and humans and also prevent the other Night People from killing. Every witch on the planet has now joined Circle Daybreak. Meanwhile, only a fraction of vampires, werewolves have joined Circle Daybreak. Every shapeshifter, except Dragons and Werewolves have joined as well.

Circle Midnight: Wants nothing more than death of humans. Composed of the majority of Vampires and Werewolves left on Earth. Dragons, the shapeshifters that can turn into any creature they’ve had physical contact with ( animals, different human individuals, you name it) are also part of Circle Midnight. Dragons can also, incidentally shapeshift into dragons.

Circle Midnight has declared war on every human and circle daybreak and has been killing everything in sight for the past few days. The world is on a war, a war between humanity and otherworldly creatures. The Night People simply regenerate if not killed by the substance that are poisonous to them. You could shoot them with bullets and not kill them unless it’s made of wood for vampires, silver for shapeshifters, etc. Bombs have proven to be useless and only caused more human casualties.
    So join as a member of one of the two circles and join as any of the Night creatures or a human. Fight for your cause and become the last one standing!

Lamia: Evony-Circle Midnight, Edward Circle Daybreak, Kristie-Circle Midnight
    Made vampires: Danny
    Werewolves: Lupus
    Witches: Violet Circle Daybreak
    Shapeshifters:
    Dragons: Landon ( Me)Circle Midnight

Soulmates: ___ &____ are soulmates
    ___&____
    ____&___

Last edited by Howl City on Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:29 pm; edited 8 times in total
    Howl City
    Howl City
    Earthbound
    Earthbound

Read Me Re: Night World Roleplay

Post by Howl City Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:25 pm

OOC: Also, are you a made vampire(Ones bitten who turn into vampires) or a Lamia( Ones born as vampires)?

And Capri, argh , it wasn't directed towards anyone in particular. My character was in a daze, so.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:27 pm

Lamia - if that was to me.
    Simply Random
    Simply Random

Post by Simply Random Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:30 pm

*Claps* Kristie! That was good!!!!!
    Dam Jessica.. you need to write something like that. ILY!
    @ Howl: So people from oppiste sides can become ssoulmates? Or do they have to be on the same side?
    Howl City
    Howl City
    Earthbound
    Earthbound

Post by Howl City Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:32 pm

OOC: It isn't really up to them, it's more like fate. But yes they can and that would cause a conflict, becoming soulmates and loving each other while they need to kill each other.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:37 pm

I walk down the pit, enjoying the squirming Midnight. A grin grew on my face. Evony was beside me, but I continued to walk. She talked to me, but my answer was to the dragon. I kneel down, my arm resting on my knee, as I starred into his eyes. "No... I won't kill you. Not yet anyway," I laugh dryly. "You've killed so many people. Tortured.... so many. And now? Look at you. Weak, defenseless, broken... its almost too good to be true." My voice was calm, dry... very unlike myself. Sort of cynical. "What do you have to say for yourself Midnight?"
    Howl City
    Howl City
    Earthbound
    Earthbound

Post by Howl City Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:40 pm

BIC: I coughed as if I had just been rescued by a lifeguard from drowning.
    "Wh-who are you?" I asked the female voice while still amazed by the male vampire's ability and restraint to not kill me. We were enemies and bound to kill each other. I was a dragon, one of the tyrants who were leading the very earth into darkness and chaos. Wasn't he supposed to kill me?

I managed to sit up, but only barely. It took a lot of willpower to stay and not fade and die. I growled, eying the two vampires.
    "That's right, thousands are dead because of me in this city alone. I was the one who led the Midnight forces here today. I've killed and drank the blood of at least a dozen by myself in the last few hours and yet you decide to let me live and scheme? You Daybreakers are pathetic!" I yelled with rage but most of it was directed at myself and my cruelty.
    Capri
    Capri
    The Zealous Irish-Italian

Post by Capri Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:43 pm

Evony gently shook her head mockingly, putting on her "Daybreak" facade. She actually quite enjoyed his cynical nature, but if her father found out that she'd let a Midnight be killed...she didn't even want to think of it.

"This isn't you, Daniel." she said bluntly, the icy voice growing in volume.

Landon raised his own voice at the vampire and the Lamia. Evony wondered if Landon realized it was her. A Midnight in disguise.
    Howl City
    Howl City
    Earthbound
    Earthbound

Post by Howl City Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:53 pm

My vision was still blurry and I could barely see so disoriented, but I thought I saw images of Evony, the Midnighter we sent. I came to realize in a few minutes that it actually was Evony standing beside the male vampire named Danny.

My cruel instinct and nature kicked in, wanting to tell Evony to kill the vampire. In my weak state, however, I couldn't manage to send a telepathic message anymore. I had to find a way to distract the vampire and talk to Evony privately at the same time.

Then, a feeling of guilt washed through me. I had sworn not to kill anyone only a few minutes ago and now I was scheming to kill another righteous Daybreaker. It was time that I warned 'Danny' before Evony decided to unveil her true self.
    "You," I pointed towards the male vampire then at Evony. "S-she isn't what you think she is. She believes nothing of your cause and she is not one of your peace-keeping idiots." I paused to take breath. "She is a..." I didn't know whether I should've finished what I was saying or not.
    Simply Random
    Simply Random

Post by Simply Random Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:58 pm

Okay and sorry for asking tunes of questions. Ill just stalk the RP quietly now. *Hides in a dark corner with popcorn*
    Jesseses
    Jesseses

Post by Jesseses Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:00 pm

Violet got up. she went inside a building looking for a door drawing. She walked upstairs finding the drawing "when you find your path is blocked, all you have to do is knock" her spell worked but not that well. The door lead her to a demolished building. What caught her attention was that there were survivors. She walks to them "hey you shouldnt be here yo.." she stopped when she got closer. She saw Danny and Evony. "Never mind. What's going on?"
    Howl City
    Howl City
    Earthbound
    Earthbound

Post by Howl City Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:01 pm

OOC: You're welcome to join you know -.-;
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:02 pm

I roll my eyes, smacking him in the forehead. "No Evony, it isn't me," I tell her, leaving it at that. I turn my attention to the dragon, lifting him up by the collar. "I won't be killing you now, but when I'm through with you... you'll be wishing you'd be dead!" I say, smacking him across the face, drawing blood with the blow. "To be honest, I was expecting more of a long speech from you. But if your done, I'll be happy to begin," I smirk, my eyes black.
    Capri
    Capri

Post by Capri Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:04 pm

Evony sneered at Landon, eyes flickering. She sent him a message, Quiet, fool! I'm trying to save your ass. Reveal me, and I'll do the opposite. Plus, why would he believe you? Are you trying to save your own skin, switching sides at the last minute to live? That isn't how this world works.

She watched as Daniel slapped him, hearing Violet. In acknowledgement, Evony turned her head towards her.
    Jesseses
    Jesseses

Post by Jesseses Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:13 pm

Violet looks at the guy who is hurt "Is he kne of us, human or a daynight?" She looks at. How hurt he is. Violet hated this war. She always wonders when is it going to end. Is it even going to end?
    Simply Random
    Simply Random

Post by Simply Random Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:16 pm

No I'm good but thanks. I rather stalk the RP Smile
    Howl City
    Howl City
    Earthbound
    Earthbound

Post by Howl City Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:18 pm

I recognized another female voice, not too far away. Undoubtedly, a Daybreaker. Her light brown hair was fairly ruffled due to the battles. Her wolf-like grey eyes stared at the vampires and my lying figure curiously. The male vampire's blows connected with the side of my face and blood began to swim down the side of my lips.
    "I'm no mundane human but I'm not one of you either," I faced the newcomer. I spat, an involuntary reaction due to the fact my lungs felt like newspaper.

"Go ahead, but be aware of that vampire beside you. She will be your death" I smirked back cruelly at the male. I glared at Evony, the wretched spy.
    Capri
    Capri

Post by Capri Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:24 pm

"You're own words are only being counted against you, Dragon." she said her eyes narrowing as they glinted red. She was steadily becoming livid.

Doesn't have to be this way, trador.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:26 pm

"I don't have much time for your stupid remarks. If that's all you have to say, fine," I say, calmly, almost monotone like. I ignore Evony and Jessica. Right now, all I'm really focusing on is the dragon, taking note of everything else. I drop him on the ground, and place his palm facing up. I grab a rock, sharpen it with my nails (which were much tougher than a humans), before placing it on the palm. I push down, waiting until I see blood before I drag it up his hand them arms, creating a long line up his arm. It would heal normally, but I doubted it would in his state. My eyes were glued on my.... "work". It was a master piece to be honest....

ooc - sorry, I might be on and off tonight. Family and friends are coming over soon.
    Jesseses
    Jesseses

Post by Jesseses Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:34 pm

Violet looks at him "I know your not alone. There has to be another one of you near by. You reek of blood. What are you? " she looks at Danny sharpening his nails. What he said got her thinking. He isn't a vampire nor a witch. He had to be a shapeshifter or a dragon. Violet took I step closer to and kneeled on one knee. She carefully looks at his wounds.
    Howl City
    Howl City
    Earthbound
    Earthbound

Post by Howl City Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:37 pm

It has to be this way, I thought in my head so that only Evony could hear. The shard of rock that the male brought up pierced my hand and arm and I didn't even have the energy to scream. While the vampire tortured my physical body, my psychic powers were recovering nonetheless and I concentrated the power into my hand and arm. My arm healed and without silver injected in my body, it wasn't hard. Now out of my psychic powers, I would have to recharge them.

"We dragons revenge in the most sickening and twisted way." I smirked, eyeing the vampire. "I'm a dragon, yes." Talking to the new female. "Nothing you need to do, I'm already healed. I'll be good as long as that thing doesn't attack me while I lay on the ground again." I glared at the one known as Danny and his cowardice. How could a warrior attack someone while they were on the ground? Daybreakers weren't such peace-keepers after all.
    Howl City
    Howl City
    Earthbound
    Earthbound

Post by Howl City Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:39 pm

OOC: Gota go for an hour or so. I'll be back Very Happy
    Capri
    Capri

Post by Capri Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:40 pm

The scent of blood filled her nostrils. Absolutely intoxicating. The back of Evony's throat burned, but her intentions did not waver. She watched Violet kneel.

"There aren't any too close." she said, answering Violet, not moving her eyes from Landon.

You are wrong, she answered him, then listened to the rest of his words, reading his thoughts.

"Daniel, do not kill him." she said coldly.
    Simply Random
    Simply Random

Post by Simply Random Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:48 pm

[Whispers] hope something happens.. *imagines; Landon grabs violet and holds her by her neck. Danny gets mad, then tries to reason with him until she his out of his grip. They fight then Evony expose who she really is* *throws popcorn in the air*
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:59 pm

I'm incredibly lost on where, who, and what everyone is doing -.-
    Simply Random
    Simply Random

Post by Simply Random Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:05 pm

So from the stalking I been doing. They are all at some building that collasped. Landon is injured, but healing. Evony, Danny andViolet are around him. Evony is trying to save his life since she is a DayNight undercover. Danny wants to kill him. Violet.. wel idk what she's doing. I think she wants to help him but yets shes a daybreak.

Does that help??

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:33 pm