Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

+2
Engi
Elizabeth
6 posters

King Henry the 8th Roleplay

Elizabeth
    Elizabeth

Update King Henry the 8th Roleplay

Post by Elizabeth Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:20 pm

Hear ye, hear ye! Welcome to the court of his majesty, King Henry the 8th!

It was a grand time for the court, It was filled with love and lust, war and peace, parties and tournaments. And at the center of it all, a few choice nobles reined supreme.

There are 8 of these nobles, which have descriptions. However, when these roles are filled, you may play any other character, such as ladies in waiting, dukes, earls, duchesses, countesses, marquis, siblings of outlined characters, etc. These people are equally wanted and important to have a vast and interesting storyline, like life at court itself.

Also, the descriptions are just formats to outline your character. Chances are that you will stray from the outlined story a bit, and that it fine, as long as you don't stray too far. For example, the Right Hand Man and the Princess would not be together, seeing as he is like an uncle to her. Got it?

Address people as their status requires. My Lord, My Lady, Your Highness, Your Majesty, Your Grace, etc.
    And try not to lash out at people too far above your rank, for that could be very dangerous.
    Also make sure your bio's suit the time period please.

The Roles:

MEN:

(ELLIOT) The King: Based on King Henry the 8th if you know anything about him. For those who don't, the King has everything and does anything he wants. The King loves hunts, jousting, dances, feast, basically anything that gives him a good time. He's a good dipolmat although hot headed at times.He has a wonder and devoted wife, The Queen, along with many mistresses which are not exactly secrets. He has a beloved daughter from his wife, but seeing as he needs an heir, impatiently wants a son. The Queen is getting older, for those days, and is finding it hard to give him the heir and son he wants. So it is no secret he is willing to turn to another woman, but how far he'd go, no one knows. Enter the Mistress who the King is quickly falling in love with. However he still has his Queen, so will the Mistress be a passing phase? Or someone who causes him to upset the very balance of England?

(----) The Right Hand Man: Not of noble blood but no one brings that point up seeing as he's the King's oldest and best friend. They love all the same things, and are exactly alike. They do almost everything together and the King often goes to the Right Hand Man for advice. But what happens when the advice the King seeks turns to how to bed the former secret love of the Right Hand Man? Of course he wouldn't betray the King... or would he just not get caught?

(----) The Young Lord: A devilish smile and a witty tongue are this man's choice of weapon. He's the son of the Duke and brother of the Mistress and Younger Sister. He was not at court long before the Right Hand Man and the King took a liking to him. Of course, he uses this to his advantage. He gets lots of the ladies and court before getting one, he didn't really want to get. The Princess has started to like him. Which is great for the social climber in him, but horrible for the partier. The Princess's reserved attitude is not what the Young Lord likes. But what happens when a tragic hunting accident leaves him in her care? Will he start to fall? Or just continue to use her? And what about when his past comes back to haunt him?

(----) The Duke: The father of the Mistress, he is one of the most manipulative and scheming men in England. Using his daughter, he's been able to pull himself to the top, under the King and Right Hand Man of course. powerful men in England, underneath the King, of course.On the surface he's kind to both of them, but secretly he wants to put himself in the Right Hand Man's position. How will he do it? Perhaps using the Right Hand Man and the Mistresses past? Or by pushing his son, the Young Lord, towards the Princess? Who knows.

LADIES:

(----) The Queen: Dignified, beloved by the people, religious, and composed. She is a foreign queen but is loved by the people of England as their own after she married the King. She is completely in love with the King, despite his aggravation for her. She has always known about his affairs, but what will happen when she hears about the Mistress and just how real her and the King's affair is getting? Surely she will try to stop it, but the question is, will the King let her?

(CAPRI) The Mistress: The daughter of the Duke, she is a lady in waiting of the Queen. She is young and not so innocent, known for being flirtatious and seductive, but admired by all. She is well educated and has spent time at the French court. When she came back recently, she caught everyone's attention, including the King. Being the woman she is, she will use it to her advantage. But how will her former lover, the Right Hand Man, feel about this? And how will she handle these two powerful men, not to mention the expectations of her father?

(ALEXIS) The Princess: The love of the King and England, she is pure and innocent, and respected by all. She is the pride of her father, his golden girl. However, she knows that she is not the son he wants. She is aware that he is no longer interested in her mother the Queen and of his interests in the Mistress. This disgusts her and she tries anything to keep her family together and the Mistress just a pacing fancy. But what happens when the Mistress' brother, the Young Lord, catches her eye? Will she be willing to call a truce? Or try to use him, like the Mistress is using the King? And what about the Young Lord's less than admirable reputation against her golden one? Will it keep them apart, or pull them closer together?

(ALICE) The Younger Sister: Younger sister of the Mistress and youngest daughter of the Duke, this is the obedient daughter of the family. While her sister is rebellious and has a mind of her own, the Younger Sister obeys and does what is always considered right. Over time, she has become quite close with the Princess, and has been trying to catch the Right Hand Man's eye. But is he too preoccupied with his past with the Mistress to pay her any attention? And what happens when the Mistress and the Duke tell her to get the Princess on the Mistress' side? Will she sacrifice her friend's happiness to do what her family says?

Other People At Court:
    Carlotta - Lady in Waiting

Elizabeth (Me)'s Bio: https://anonymatrix.forumotion.com/t728-elizabeth-s-tudor-bio#21443

Last edited by Elizabeth on Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:53 pm; edited 4 times in total
    Anonymous

Update Re: King Henry the 8th Roleplay

Post by Guest Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:30 pm

yES!
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:34 pm

I'll make bio for King
    Engi
    Engi
    Devious Chibi
    Devious Chibi

Post by Engi Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:47 am

Alice as the younger sister ^_^
    Alexis
    Alexis

Post by Alexis Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:09 pm

I'd like to create a character for the princess if that’s alright.
    Capri
    Capri
    The Zealous Irish-Italian

Post by Capri Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:03 pm

Bleh, I was going to join, but the role I wanted is now gone. :/
    Elizabeth
    Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:09 pm

Sounds great everyone Smile
    And why don't you just create another lady in waiting if you don't want to be the queen Capri? Smile
    Capri
    Capri

Post by Capri Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:14 pm

Alright, though I wouldn't really know what to say when I'm creating her. Have any ideas? Like possibly another one of his daughters? Very Happy
    Elizabeth
    Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:23 pm

Just have her be a lady in waiting to the queen and you can give her a title if you want, or you could be someone like working in the castle, it's up to you Smile

The titles you could have are: lady, duchess, or baroness. Although for a duchess or baroness you'll have to put a reason for your title (usually cause your husband had it).

Another idea is you could be a daughter of a noble at court.
    Elizabeth
    Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:25 pm

And to keep things based on king henry you can't be another daughter, he didn't have a second one till his second wife who the mistress is based on.
    Elizabeth
    Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:11 pm

Okay so everyone post links to your bios and we'll start soon Smile
    Engi
    Engi
    Devious Chibi
    Devious Chibi

Post by Engi Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:17 pm

Ah, well, mine is in my signature, but I guess it shall change a little to fit this rp. do I still need to post it?
    Capri
    Capri

Post by Capri Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:35 pm

Alright, Lady in Waiting it is. Though I don't know what her "role" is exactly. Maybe she could be the Mistresses's best friend? Very Happy

Character Name(s): Lady Carlotta Anacleto
    Species/Race: Human.
    Skin: Fair, but with an olive undertone.
    Build/Body type: Slender, but has curves. Long-limbed.
    Hair Color: Dark brown, almost black. Redish highlights.
    Hairstyle: Big ringlets that fall down to her mid-back.
    Eye Color: A rare violet.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: 115 llbs.

Clothing
    Dresses: Things like this and this.

Sexuality: Straight.
    Relationship Status: Single.
    Personality: Hard-headed, strong-willed. Thinks a lot, and is a very good plotter. Vengeful when the time calls for it. Is very unpredictable and hard to read. Passionate for the ones she loves. And she has a softer side. A rare softer side.
    Elizabeth
    Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:49 pm

Engi: No that's fine Smile

Capri: Sure that's make sense since we're both lady in waitings to the Queen.

Everyone: Okay I shall start it Very Happy
    Elizabeth
    Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:52 pm

I walk down the long corridor with my own two ladies in waiting following me.
    "Ahh the perks are being in the King's favor," I think to myself as I turn a corner. It is a sunny and warm day outside and the gardens are just calling me. My ladies and I head out to the rose garden and we calmly walk around it's paths. The sun beats down on my face and causes me to smile at what a wonderful day it is.
    "Perhaps the king will host a hunt soon," I comment to my ladies.
    "Oh that'd be quite fun," replies one with a big grin on her face.
    Engi
    Engi
    Devious Chibi
    Devious Chibi

Post by Engi Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:13 pm

ooc: Sorry, one question before I post. You did not specify my age, just said I was the "younger sister of the mistress." Now, looking at your bio, you are 17. Because its so vague, and there is a large difference in actions and thoughts between 15 and 11, can you give me a better sense of what age you want me to play?
    Alexis
    Alexis

Post by Alexis Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:50 am

Alright, I made a temp bio, but I'm confused about the age too... So I just left that blank for now.

Name: Rosanne
    Sex: Female

Species: Human
    Skin color: Pale white
    Tattoo: n/a
    Height: 5”7
    Build: Tall, lean build
    Weight: 118
    Hair (color/style): Soft brown, long with waves, but normally tightly yanked back from her forehead.

Eyes: green

Dress: Blue and white floor length gown, and empire waist and long sleeves.

Relationship status: Single
    Sexuality: Straight
    Personality: Polite, raised to be a proper young woman. She has her opinions and thoughts, though rarely speaks them. Always careful, she never does anything risky, and has never lost her temper. Most just describe her as a quiet polite girl.
    Hobbies: Reading and painting are her main hobbies, though she sometimes goes horseback riding.
    Background/secret: Roseanne is in always a princess, she knows her father wanted a boy, so she does the very best she can to be a perfect daughter, though she knows it won’t be enough. As a child, she quickly learned that her father’s love would not be given to her, she needed to earn it. Her parents relationship has always been on edge, and was never hidden from Roseanne, with no one to confide in she is unsure of what to do, loving both her mother and father. However, her father’s recent actions with the mistress leave her ashamed and disgusted, leaving her to side with her mother. She still is desperate to keep her family together, knowing that if her mother was throw out, as would she. In the most recent months she has been looking for ways to continue clinging onto her title.
    Powers: n/a
    Prefered weapon: n/a
    Medical disorder: n/a
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:51 pm

I'm sorry to inform you all that Elizabeth will not be returing to the site due to computer issues. She says feel free to continue the roleplay, repost or whatever you wish, and she's very sorry.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:15 am

uhum...so repost? >.<
    Capri
    Capri

Post by Capri Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:26 pm

Maybe (not trying to be rude. I completely respect Elizabeth.) I could take the Mistress Role then? Razz
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:45 pm

Alright then xD I'll edit this when I'm on a PC
    Capri
    Capri

Post by Capri Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:09 pm

Mmkay.
    Anonymous