Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

2 posters

Asylum (Murdoch and Kristie)

Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Asylum (Murdoch and Kristie) Empty Asylum (Murdoch and Kristie)

Post by Murdoch Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:03 pm

Nothing is easy when you're a patient at an institution for the mentally ill. No matter what you suffer from, there are troubles and tribulations that one must overcome in order to remain somewhat normal and in control of your own mind. Not to mention the fact that, at this particular institution, the treatments are radical and sometimes cruel and inhumane. As a new volunteer, your job is to interact with the patients and help them with their day to day tasks. So how will I, a patient, react when seeing you becomes part of my regular day? Will I dismiss you? Or will I let you get to know the person inside?
    The setting, specifically, is a criminally insane asylum (or, at least, an asylum with a criminally insane section).

Myen Bioen, as they say in Germany, or as they call it, “Germanean”. Lol…

Name: Gregory Wilde
    Nicknames: He was nicknamed “The Trickster” after his spate of killings in which the victims had been tricked out of everything they owned and then murdered, made to look like suicides. It took the police five years to catch up with him.
    Sexuality: Straight
    Height: 6’9

Body Type: Gregory is tall, with wide shoulders and a narrow waist. His muscles aren’t overly large, but are well defined.
    Hair Colour: Natural? Black. But he’s dyed it purple.
    Hair Style: Wild vertical spikes.
    Eye Colour: A very dark green.
    Facial Features: He has a somewhat squared, angular face with just a hint of curving.

Personality: Gregory is a tricky individual, being able to leap through loopholes like they were large hoops. He is intelligent and selfish, and does things just for the hell of it more then monetary gain. He is sort of arrogant, and views the entirety of life as a game in which the object is to cause as much trouble as possible.

Other: Find out.

History: Not much is known about his earlier life, and the name Gregory Wilde only appears six years ago, suggesting an alias that means he is not an easy man to work out the background of. He appeared six years ago, murdering 13 people after tricking them out of their possessions, and was on the run evading police for the next five years. He was thus nicknamed “The Trickster”. He takes immense pride in that nickname, and does his best to play up to that persona.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Asylum (Murdoch and Kristie) Empty Re: Asylum (Murdoch and Kristie)

Post by Burn It Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:32 pm

Okay then, so, I know a Bio is probably needed at this point, but I wanna get going, seeing as we only have like two hours and God knows I don't type posts very quickly, I'll make one up later. You going to begin, or me?
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:38 pm

I'd say that you starting would be the best idea, my character being trapped in a cell, and if you could just give me a basic description now and post up your full bio later, that would be brilliant thanks Smile
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:23 pm

SO DAMN SORRY. I was on the phone with my Nann, while trying to type up the post and then I had to leave because my Mother thought it was rude to not pay attention to what she was saying -_-" What's even more infuriating is I have to go, because I'm getting kicked off :/ I really am terrible >.< I'll post tomorrow morning, afternoon for you I suppose. Again, I'm sorry >.<

Basic description, alright.
    Character Name(s): Kristina Torcette
    Skin color: White, but not pale
    Build/Body type: Average build. Takes good care of herself, so in good physical condition.
    Hair Color: Dark brown, almost black but can be clearly defined as a brown shade.
    Hairstyle: Hair reaches to 4 inches below the shoulder. The style lose waves from roots to tips, and no bangs. The hair parts more at the left and flips back towards the right.
    Eye Color: Blue
    Height: 5' 8"
    Weight: 150
    Clothing: Grey, straight-line dress pants with a white V-neck top and grey blazer. (To be honest I’m not sure about the clothing I should be wearing.)
    I hope this is what you meant you wanted, just physical and such. I’ll try and get the rest of the bio in a bit (y)

Patient. By definition it means someone under medical care and treatment – Someone who requires the care and treatment of others, someone requiring help. No where in the definition of patient does it tell you ‘Give ‘em a good beating’, yet people still seem to think the violent torture of an individual will ‘cure’ someone. Specifically to those suffering, or living with a mental illness that results in the injuries, even deaths of others. Some feel remorse for their actions, some couldn’t care less about what they’d done and would certainly do it again if given the change. But can indescribable torture truly cure them?

I use to always assume people like that stood out amongst the rest of the ‘healthy world’, if there is such a thing. I use to think that if there was someone who wasn’t mentally stable standing around me I could pick him out in an instant, and run home – I couldn’t be more wrong. Some of these people, although insane, are more intelligent then the average sane person, more cunning, and so antisocial they could have you inside their house door before you realized what was going on. Those were the most dangerous of them, the ones society would be lucky, and rarely get, to have behind bars, or here, in an asylum where people poke and prick at them. Every damn test they run they think they’ll get closer to figuring out what makes them tick. Not saying I’m not as curious as to why they did what they did, but the methods I believe in aren’t as practiced anymore in these types of places: Communication. No, they’d rather bleed out nine vials, spend five minutes asking specific questions and call it a day. It’s what drove me to take a career here; thinking I could contribute to the alterations of the cruel methods that take place behind closed doors.

“Have you been over the patient list?” My supervisor and doctor of the floor, Karl, asked me while we walked down the first hall of rooms after exiting the elevator.
    “Twice.” I lied, but I’d thrown out the list of names when I found out I wasn’t allowed into their files in order to research them. I could get basic information off the web and such, but it wasn’t anything new or specific I was looking for about the patients. I’d have to talk to them to understand what I was dealing with.
    “Good.” He answered back flatly sounding as though it wouldn’t have mattered if I did or not. Karl was always in the rush mood, and because of it always in a temperamental mood. He was bad in the introduction programs the past couple weeks, and even worse as I saw in his actual work environment. He wanted to get me to see some patients, and leave me with the enxt so he could take off. “We’ll start you off with the harder ones, and work your way to the more manageable patients. It stops you from getting cocky after a couple successful conversations.”
    “So what makes this one so hard to manage?”
    “See for yourself, isn’t that why you’re here? Word of advice, if you start to feel relaxed and as though you’re getting somewhere, you should probably leave the room.”
    “Why is that?”
    “Again, see for yourself.” I was handed a brown file folder with very little inside besides a name and crimes. “I’ll let you in once I get the key to room.” His heavy tone told me he’d forgotten the key up in his office before coming down here, putting him into an even more brutal of a mood. I waited outside the room for him to come back, flipping back and forth between the three, maybe four pages of this patient’s file, which basically said they knew virtually nothing about him. The pages were just tests and tests, theories and a list of criminal acts – He wasn’t kidding when he said I’d be starting off on the harder patients.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:17 pm

Same white walls, same small barred window, same old floor and same old cameras. It’s always the same, of course, and he’s getting bored of it. ‘The Trickster,’ they used to call him- perhaps they still do; he’s not allowed newspapers unless he specifically asks for one, at which point it has to be approved, which could take days, and then that defeats the point. Besides, he doesn’t want a paper. Why would he care what the insignificant maggots outside these walls think? Hell, he isn’t even bothered what *he* thinks, and he *is* him.

These complex, paradoxical thoughts are all he has to occupy him these days. He used to trick people out of their possessions- which is what earned him the idiom- and sometimes he’d kill them. Oh, there were plenty he just conned, but some annoyed him with their stupidity, and others he just did for a laugh. Ok, they may not have found it funny, but they’re in a better place. Or not. Who keeps track? More importantly, who cares? Certainly not him.

Then there were the nurses. They’d stopped sending people in weeks ago, after he drove the last one to quit and move to morocco. That was a fun three sessions…he briefly wonders how she’s doing, then mentally shrugs an ‘I don’t care’. There was that older guy, Zane, he thinks his name was. Convinced him to leave his family and start a new life as a drug lord. Ironic, since his son was in the force. One of the tidbits he had picked up was that the Father had been busted by the Son. Delicious drama…nothing like it. Even the experiments and the “abuse” had stopped. Interesting that it took them so long; he used to drive the experimenters crazy, having so much fun with them that they quickly put him in isolation…a shame, really. Despite the searing agony of the experiments, he did enjoy toying with the “doctors” as they like to call themselves, so in retrospect, maybe he should have gone easy.

Eh, shoulda woulda coulda didn’t. It was fun while it lasted, and now he has just him and his memories. Good memories, bad memories…all are entertainment, and he can lose himself in better days. That is, unless he’s caught in fantasies of what he would do if he were free to talk to the other inmates. He’s allowed to, occasionally, but they stopped him from attending the regular gathering times after he convinced “Nervous Ned” that the walls wanted to kill him. Ended up killing himself with a plastic knife…just kept sawing away, day in, day out, day in…by the time they noticed the scars, it was too late. Split open the scar, a lot of blood, and then he died. Satisfying, but Ned was too easy. No fun in playing with broken toys, after all.

He’s heard that he’s scheduled another nurse interview for today. He wonders momentarily what they’ll be like, what they’ll ask and all that, but then he switches to daydreaming about what he’ll say to her. Maybe he could have some fun with her; you never know how easy people are to manipulate until you see them. The first bite is with the eye, so they say, and this Player of The Game is a connoisseur of trickery. He lets out a low chuckle that echoes off of the walls.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:26 am

OCC- Missing bits of the bio.
    Personality: I’ve a weak temper, but nine times out ten I can control it well unless something should spark on a touchy subject. This however, rarely if at all happens as I keep as much personal as I possibly can. I am social though; always open to different things, even if they disagree with my own opinion on something. I see it as a two way street; if I want someone to listen to my ideas and opinions on matters, I have to be open to theirs as well to earn the respect. I rise to any and all challenges, not giving up easily or until I know for certain I can’t accomplish something by any means. My previous superiors used to question a lot of things I did in order to achieve my goals, but were always pleased with the results even if the acts done were frowned upon in most of the professional world. Due to childhood experiences, I also dislike children to the core and avoid working, talking, even thinking about them in general. I try to keep a calm mood during my work hours, and will excuse myself almost instantly if I feel unease or disturbed by anything.

Background: I have an older brother, Randy, who I believe because of me, was tortured and abused as a child for being mentally, and violently ill. I blame myself because I could have stopped it, but chose not to. His asylum is 3000 miles away from the one I’m stationed at, and both my mother and younger sister, Kathleen, live a town over him his asylum. I moved away to start new, and help people like Randy, so that they never have to endure what he did over 13 years ago.

BIC-
    Everything was much quieter then I had expected, maddening quiet. I’d half expected there to be patients always about in the lounge rooms where you could faintly here conversations about God knows what. Even if this was the criminally insane unit, communication and socialization was a requirement for proper development and treatment – Keeping even the serial killers behind thick white doors seemed inhumane. The more comfortable in a working society, the better chances a person had of regaining their sanity and morals; at least, those are my beliefs. It was even stranger; not even the nurses mingled to themselves at their desks, flipping back and forth between paperwork, waiting for the next thing to do. The only sound I heard the entire time while waiting for Karl was the rattling of pills inside a bottle, being poured out and likely into a small white cup for distribution.

That being said, when Karl finally did get back to the unit and floor, he was huffing a storm of heavy breaths probably caused half by his rushing back and forth, and his frustration of having to do it in the first place. His face was red, his hands moving at lightening speeds trying to fidget out which key would open the door I’d been standing outside for a good 15 minutes. Finally he stopped, breathed in deeply to compose himself and looked dead at me into my eyes, “Ready?” He asked with a tone of doubt.
    “I was ready 20 minutes ago, a patient is a patient.” I answered, handing him back the folder he’d previously handed me. He took it with a stunned expression, probably thinking I should have read something that wouldn’t allow me to be so calm, but nothing special jumped at me.
    “All patients are different in diagnosis and cause, you can’t be so broad with it.”
    “I didn’t mean it like that, I meant you treat and introduce yourself the same to every patient you approach regardless of what they have done or have for a sickness. Mr,” I paused, opening the file back up while still in his hands and rereading the name, “Widle is no different to me.” He shook his head, as to say my confidence was ridiculous, disgusting even.
    “You sound like the others he’s driven off, you know? Just as he is to you, you’ll be no different to him. Try and last longer than a couple weeks, last a month and I’ll be amazed. Also, give no information other than your name, that’s not a suggestion, it’s an order, understood?” The more he spoke about this patient, and the precautions, the more I wanted to get into that room believe it or not. He severally doubted I could handle this patient because others couldn’t, and to that I assumed a challenge, which I was determined to win.
    “Understood, can I go in now?” He nodded his head and picked out the key from the ring, opening the door to a dustily bleached white room.
    “Ten minutes, then I bring the daily medication.” Karl whispered to me as I walked in. I specifically asked that I be able to talk to him, the patient, not the medically controlled patient. I nodded to him and he shut the door behind me, leaving just I and the patient alone in the room.
    “Hello, Mr. Wilde.”
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:03 am

Wilde hears the key rattling in the door long before it opens, and raises an eyebrow. Another lamb to the slaughter, eh? Maybe he'll have fun with this one, maybe he won't. Maybe he'll go easy, string out the enjoyment...he won't be brutal just yet. He was brutal last time, and that drove them off, sure, but it's been a while since he played with his food...yes. Let them think they are getting somewhere, that will get them to lower their guard.

As the door opens and a- quite attractive, if Wilde went for that kind of thing- nurse enters the room, Wilde doesn't move an inch, looking at a point further into space. "Yes, I suppose I am, aren't I?" he says, a melancholy note entering his voice. "'Gregory Wilde' now, just plain ol' Greg. Do you think they remember me?" He asks absently.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:08 am

So his response wasn’t a hand shake or a nice greeting, but I suppose given where he is, it could have gone much worse. If I ever had to choose a specific time, I would say the most alarming moments talking to a patient is the first 30 seconds of walking into the room. If they didn’t run at you with a foreign object, I’d say it was an accomplishment. Now, whether they would do that within the next 30 seconds was easier to predict – In most cases. Not saying that everyone here is out to kill every piece of flesh that walks in their room, but there IS a reason that these people are in the criminally insane unit.

I don’t think that this patient minded that I was here, not that because I’m a nurse, but because he really just didn’t care. He asked if ‘they’ remembered him, remembered him for what? I’d assume ‘they’ meant everyone outside his barred room and his less than enthusiastic response to being called Mr. Wilde said to me that maybe I should have typed a couple names into the web after all. I felt stupid now, actually, for deciding to discard the names in the first place before looking over them. You wouldn’t want to walk into a room with Albert DeSavlo, not knowing who he was right?

“Should they remember you, Mr. Wilde?” I asked, making sure I stated his name again. If it wasn’t the name Mr. Wilde people should be remembering, perhaps with small mentions I could get him to spark up a better conversation about himself.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:50 am

He lets out a dark chuckle; either she is trying to play the innocent, feigning ignorance about his reputation and crimes, or she honestly doesn't know. He would lean towards the former, though, given that they would brief someone before sending them into the room with him. Of course, maybe she just discarded them out of hand out of sheer arrogance. Either is possible.
    "I would say so," he says, "given what I did to them. But then, I'm bias aren't I?" he chuckles again. He's guessing that she wants him to start a conversation about himself...cute, and it may work with other people, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with him. Oh, they classify him as a psychopath, and that may be true, but there's nothing to cure. He does these things because he enjoys them, nothing more, nothing less, and to be perfectly frank, even if he were to allow her a greater insight into his life, it wouldn't make a damn bit of difference.

Of course, that's the fun. Make them work for the information...and then reveal that it's useless. The thought brings a small smile to his face.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:18 pm

He didn't answer how I'd hoped to, but then again it was a 50-50 shot that he would want to talk about himself. It wasn't easy, given I'd no idea what his diagnosis was, so I was playing a hit and miss game with him. And so far, it was one for him, zero for me. He was strangely stable, calm and confident in what he said, he even laughed when the subject of what he did was brought up. It could very well be an act though; lower my guard and all the jazz. Karl mentioned before I came in here, that if I felt I was getting anywhere with him, basically, it's because he's choosing to make me feel like I'm accomplishing something - They probably learned that from the others he's driven away. I didn't feel like I'd achieved anything yet, but I was relaxed so far in this room, which was just as bad if you think about it. Oh.. He was smart, insane, but smart, and it was his insanity that would always give me an edge if I could figure out how to use it to get what I wanted.

"I doubt everyone remembers," I began, though I'd no clue what it was that he did do, "suppressing memories is becoming more common with people who experience traumatic events. Wouldn't you want to forget?" I really hope this wasn't a guy who slaughtered everyone and thing he touched, or that would have surely given it away that I had no idea what crimes he'd committed. I looked down at the watch on my wrist, seeing I had only six minutes before Karl would interrupt with the medicine for the patient. Odd, they didn't know what was wrong with him, yet they gave him medication? I'll have to remember to ask him about that when I leave the room. "But off that topic for a second, I never introduced myself, I'm Kristina, and I'm going to be here for a very, very long time." I said, hinting at that he'd already sent off nurses before me. Insane, or just simply evil, there wasn't much he could through at me I hadn't already heard. I didn't come here to run screaming, I came to help, and it's what I plan on doing. "Hopefully we'll get along, yes?"
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:15 am

He laughs, cruelly this time, and turns his cold, unblinking gaze towards her. She thinks she's so clever? The families of the people he murdered won't forget him. The people in prison because of him won't forget. The people left in the gutter after he stole their possessions won't forget. She took a gamble, and it failed, miserably. She did no research whatsoever on him, assuming she could just walk in here and be the best. Well, let's not forget; he's insane, not stupid. And it's time she learnt it as well.

"Did you do your homework?" He asks casually, "Because it seems to me that you know nothing about me...which is refreshing. So. Let's play." He shifts his position so that he's leaning in towards her; despite himself, he's interested. What kind of person walks into his cell with no idea who they're dealing with? Stupid, brave or driven? That's what he intends to find out.
    "Do you have any family?" He asks, "Brothers, sisters, that sort of thing? I did, once," a lie, but she doesn't know that.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:30 am

That laugh... Crawled over me every breath he gave it, like the sound of it slithered leisurely in my veins. He was enjoying himself, clearly, but it didn’t say much for me given the situation. He was aware I was clueless so there wasn’t a point in denying it, but instead of jumping at the chance to brag about his deeds he began asking me questions? Why? Who exactly was reading who? What damn use was anything about me? I suppose I could just lie to give him something, but then again, unless he had Google webpage stored in his head, what about me could he really use? He made the rest of them paranoid about talking to him, but until I knew why so for myself, I wasn’t about to give up. If this man was bent on ‘playing’ with me like a doll, than maybe humoring him would get me something useful. I bloody well hoped so, because so far, the score was two him, me, zero.

“Why research from a secondary source, what you can learn from the man himself? Anything I need is sitting four feet from me.” I smirked gently, attempting to show his comment made no effect. It was lie number one, and, it beats saying ‘I didn’t want to’. Now, family, do I lie again? Saying I was an orphan was too stupid of an answer; he’d know it was bullshit; he was smart enough to know it. “A brother and a sister.” I answered quickly, “Where is yours, Mr. Wilde?”
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:58 am

He ignores her question. So, she has a brother and a sister....that could give him leverage later on, but he needs to store that nugget in his head for later on; it's useless now, but it could prove to be useful later on. Let her believe he's letting go of the information reluctantly; people don't believe information they get for free, but information they have to work for? Now that's the kind they like.
    "Research is important," he says scornfully, "You need to know the terrain, the enemy. Only a fool enters a battle ignorant. Do you think Alexander The Great started a campaign blind? Do you think he didn't scope out the terrain, spy on his enemy, estimate his strength? Didn't formulate a strategy according to the enemies weaknesses and strengths? How else do you think he died, having never lost a battle?" he makes a snorting sound. This girl wants him to believe she entered his cell, in a maximum security asylum for the criminally insane, ignorant and blind because she wanted an unbiased opinion? Like he's going to believe that. She may be a fool, but a proud fool? He thinks not.

He sighs. "I did so hope the next nurse would do some research. But it can't be helped, can it?" He chuckles. "As for my siblings...well. You'll have to work for that. You want to look them up? Fine by me. But tell me something first. Where are your siblings?" He raises an eyebrow. "I don't think you would be in such a dangerous place if your family was near...so why aren't they?"
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:40 pm

So, now I’m a fool? I didn’t know where to go from here. I had assumed the whole time I could trick him into saying the things I wanted to hear, despite his dodges of each thing I say or ask. I assumed, it was going to be easy. What was it that Karl said before I was shown to this room, that he would start me off with a hard one, than work my way down? I should have remembered that, and clicked into that there was a reason he was chosen first on that decreasing list. He thinks I’m an idiot, maybe it’s a good thing, or maybe I’ve screwed myself in more ways than I can count.

“It doesn’t work like that.” I answered him finally, looking away from him and at my watch. Karl would be in any moment, but I couldn’t care less anymore, maybe the medication would help me out, but I highly doubt it. I couldn’t come in this room again without knowing something about him, anything. Choosing not to has dug myself a deep hole, and he’s standing at the top with a shove in hand. If given the chance, he’d burry be alive, and plant his favourite flowers over my grave.

“I answered you, but you didn’t answer me, that’s not how this goes.” This hoping his interest in strong enough to agree to an implied negotiation. He has a wanting for my background, I wanted his. Yes, whether or not he answered me was irrelevant because I would be searching it later on, but the principle of getting it out of him was what I wanted. Now, I was beginning to see why this was a game to him. “You can answer me, or disregard your interest in me, Mr. Wilde. Those are the rules. ” For a second it felt like I finally had something over him; capability of research. But, the last couple times I’d felt like that, he shot it out of the sky.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:56 pm

He cackles openly now. "You have it backwards, girl," he says, "I answered you, an answer for an answer, now you have to give it to me! You are in no position to barter...you want my background? My childhood, want to see if there was something there that made me the way I am? You won't find that on any search, no sirree. I have been very careful to keep my past a complete secret. You will find nothing other than my crimes on Google, I promise you!" She thinks to barter? He has the advantage. He doesn't need her personal information, it just makes it easier for him. In a way, he doesn't want her to tell him. He wants to figure it out for himself. For instance, the way she dodged the question says more than an answer did; does she not want to tell him? There's only two reasons she wouldn't want to tell him, given his current situation. One, she knows what he can do with the information...but, given her lack of research, that possibility is out the window. Second, she may feel responsible for where her family is now...considering that she looked away from his gaze nervously at her watch when he asked the question, that is the likely scenario. So...where are they, and why does she want to avoid the subject? Tantalising secrets...he loves it.

"No...I am afraid that if you want answers, you'll have to give them. You have information that is worth nothing to me, save my curiosity..." better to lie about it. The more useless someone thinks their information is, the more willing they will be to give it up, "...and I have information that you desperately need...and want, if I don't miss my guess. So...who wants the information more?" He chuckles, turning his gaze away and towards the blank wall opposite his bed. Sometimes in a deal, the most effective bartering tool is to show that you're willing to walk away. And sometimes the best way to do that...is to walk away. Of course, sometimes you can't do it physically, but making it clear that you aren't going to break usually does the trick. It's all a battle of wills.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:44 pm

Was there really a point to argue with him? He was right, that I wanted to know more about his childhood, his home life, but I wanted it to help him, not to fulfill some desire. He was wrong that I ‘needed’ it, because truth is I could get up, walk out, and spend the remaining years of employment here being a nurse that walks in and out of his room, only there to give daily requirements. I wouldn’t be like the others who ran off, though, I’d be worse than them, giving into him on the first day would be worse than quitting the job all together.

“My brother is a couple towns south, living on his own. My sister is out of the country for schooling.” I made sure I sounded defeated while responding. I’d given him what he wanted to here, an answer, and he had no way of proving if it was right or wrong. What I said, was a lie, yes, but a believable lie. As long as I kept the expression of defeat as I had truthfully felt the last couple minutes, I may pull it off. “I’ve answered your question, now answer mine. Where is your family? And ‘dead’, is not an acceptable answer. If they’re dead, where were they before hand?” I knew asking again would just raise his confidence, but I had already said without words that he was right in his explanation, so what more damage could I really do? The rules would be bent in his favour for the time being, until I could something outside of this room to help with leverage.

The strangest thing about his though, was that I’m no more important to him than the dust that collects in this room. Yet I’m worth his curiosity? Worth his efforts in? He couldn’t even address me with a name, calling me ‘girl’, but enough for his interests. Perhaps that would be my next question, if I get one.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:19 pm

Her sudden attitude of defeat surprises him, and for a moment he feels disappointed. She gave in that easily? That was...unexpected. Although he has his answer, the victory rings a bit hollow. Couldn't she have put up more than a-
    Wait a minute. He stops his ego before it runs rampant, and looks, really looks. Past that slump of her shoulders, the defeated posture of her back, there's something else. A note of pride, still, something in her eyes that screams 'I will not give in'...the question that followed isn't in the tone of defeat either; although said with an air of desperation, the question was blunt and direct, not the attitude of someone who is being beaten.
    He remembers his first impression of her, of a strong-willed, confident girl, and he knows from experience that they're not easily crushed. He smiles a little, a smug smile that she will probably take to mean that he is satisfied that she's won...what it actually means is that he's figured her out. She wants to lull him into a false sense of security, to lower his guard so he'll start talking...playing to his ego, making him feel good about himself. A good, fresh, new approach, a sneaky one; he likes it. The only problem is that she didn't do her research, and so she couldn't know that he would react in the opposite way to what she hoped.

That brings his attention to the information. As he's said before, people don't trust free information. The fact that she's given up so quickly, if his impression of her is correct, means that she is trying to get something for nothing. Trying to play him at his own game, whether she knows it or not...he likes it. An extra level of challenge, another layer of speech, reading what the other left unsaid? Brilliant. Foolish, but brilliant. He may well have some fun with this one.
    So. Assuming that her statement was a lie, how best to dissect it? Well, people will ordinarily tell the complete opposite in a lie to try and get as far from the truth as possible. So, if he's working on that basis, the fact that she put her siblings as far away as possible from each other means that they are likely quite close to each other. However, she put the ocean between them, which could easily represent a barrier of some kind; elements of truth tend to make their way into on-the-spot lies. It's a human kneejerk reaction, much like telling the opposite; it's easier to tell a lie convincingly if it has elements of the truth to it. It's not just easier to remember, it's easier to keep a straight face during it. Even his lies work on that basis; he lies with the truth. That's what makes him so dangerous.

A twinkle enters his eye, one that she will probably take as one of triumph. "Very well, girl," he says triumphantly, and he means it that way. Triumphant in that he has figured her out, though. "My siblings, last time I saw them, were in southern Wales. I have no idea where they are. So tell me," he says, changing tact quickly as he leans back, "Did you get on with your brother? I mean, all siblings have a rivalry, but did you look past that?" He says it in the manner of someone asking an offhand question, as if they thought of it at that moment. "Was he older or younger?" He adds, as if in afterthought.

ooc:

HAPPY EASTER Smile
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:48 pm

As he was talking, answering my question and asking his next, a giant stain on the situation popped into my head. If I had been able to lie out that easily, and he bought it as the truth, who’s to say he isn’t going to feed me false information just to get me to talk? He could have the exact same game plan in his head and I do, and neither of us could literally prove what was right or not. Sure, we could take our best estimated guess at it, but nothing could ever be 100%. If he bought it, he felt better about himself and that he really does have the power in this conversation; a disadvantage no matter how you look at it, I can’t believe anything he says. If he knows I’m lying, than he’ll definitely give me wrong answers, to make ME feel like I’m getting somewhere. I couldn’t get anything from his face; he’d been smiling and laughing, at me mostly, since I got here. I could play this game for hours with him, and still get nothing from him.

“That’s two questions. My brother and I didn’t spend a lot of time around each other, even as children. He had his life, I had mine.” I answered his first, so if he wanted to know that Randy was older than me, he’d have to waste another turn on it. “You’re willing to give away your personal details to gain mine, when you’ve worked so hard to keep them private. Assuming you’re being truthful, why am I worth the effort?” There, in my own question I’d come to a conclusion. He had to be lying about his siblings, why would he waste it on me? Although, maybe.. Maybe that’s exactly what he wants me to think? Maybe he’s telling me the truth, but because of this he knows I’ll take it as a lie? It all comes to the matter of how stupid he thinks I really am.

OOC- Happy Easter ^.^ Smile How was yours?
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:07 pm

ooc: Mine was ok. Yours? Also, I notice that your writing has become a lot more careful, and that your character has lost the cocky attitude, LOL. Think of my character as a cross between The Joker and Angelus. He lies with the truth, remember, so nothing he says will be a complete lie. There'll be nuggets of truth in what he says, so pay attention and try to read between the lines Smile

Ic:

So, she's playing it safer now? He can tell, from the sudden withdrawal that she seems to have undergone, that he touched a sweet spot. Her brother...that's the key. That's the weak link in her armour, it appears; she instantly went on the defensive when he mentioned him, and tried to change the subject. So, something happened with her brother, which probably means- assuming that he is right about her sister and brother being close geographically- they are a fair distance away from where he sits now. That could also be important...he stashes that away for future pondering.

Now, to answer the question...well, that's an easy one, although he can understand why she's asking. He simply shrugs, that perpetual smile never leaving his face. "Why do I do anything?" he asks, "Boredom!" He laughs out loud; that part is true. He always does what will amuse him most at the time. That isn't a lie...but it isn't the whole truth. The thing is, she believes she is making headway, at least a little, and perhaps she is. His family was in south Wales last time he saw them, but the reason he's telling her is to make her give away information to him. After all, he's managed to surmise that her sister and brother live close together, that they're far away and that there is something about her brother that she wishes to keep hidden. What has she learnt about him? His family was somewhere in Wales at some point in time. That is it; South Wales is a large place to search for someone, even with a name. Take away that name, and your task is nearly impossible...take away the time frame, and your location means nothing. He doubts she realises this, however, and allows himself to smirk slightly. He covers it by saying, smooth as oil, "We all have our own lives...how close was yours to your brothers, I wonder...On what terms did you part, and why did you come here of all places? I hate to coin a cliche phrase, but what's a girl like you doing in a place like this?" He chuckles darkly.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:44 pm

OOC- It was alright, I have more chocolate than I know what to do with, but alright. Lol, it’s hard to be cocky when she’s getting her ass handed to her by a nut case xD I’ve no clue who Angelus is, but I’ll make sure to look over what you say carefully Razz

BIC-
    He was focusing on Randy. He hadn’t asked if my sister and I got along, he didn’t even mention her after I told him I had one. I don’t know what, but in some way I’d shown some sign that I didn’t like talking about him. I wasn’t bothered by telling him that little bit anymore than I am to anyone else, so how was it that he’d gotten hold of this one topic? If he kept his question based around him, I’d have a difficult decision to make, because I knew it would eventually get to me. This.. Criminal was reading my mind before I even thought of the answer. If he continued, I’d have to leave the room, giving him the satisfaction and throwing away my hopes of getting deeper into his head. Or, if I didn’t leave the room, I could snap, and there goes my long awaited job here because I let the patient get to me. Which, I guess brings me to answering his question. I couldn’t tell him, obviously, but I didn’t want to lie as hard as I did the first answer. My brother and I weren’t close at all, and barely saw each other, which is what I basically told him. So, how could I fit the two together, without focusing on Randy too much, or giving myself away as a liar, if he hadn’t decided that already?

“Besides meeting such welcoming people like yourself?” Random humor, I hadn’t decided whether that was good or bad, but it helped me to relax, so it can’t do too much harm. “I don’t think I can answer without sounding corny, so I’ll just say it; I want to help people, or at least try. What makes me want to come to asylum in specific instead of say.. A hospital is most people here don’t want the help that I offer them. Gives me a challenge, don’t you think? ” I purposely started to sound more, friendlier, oppose to the orderly nurse I was earlier. If I could get on better grounds, it may get easier. Now, what question could I ask? The last was pointless, mainly because I’m almost certain there’s a part he’s leaving out besides boredom. I can’t call it out, however, and risk giving away that I don’t trust a damn thing he says.

I thought for a moment when I first walked into the room, and the tone he said his name in. Earlier I wanted to know if there was something else he went by, and I only remembered the curiosity of it now. “Red Ripper, Clown Killer, The Monster of Andes; all names given to men by society because of their deeds. What was yours, Mr. Wilde, if you had one that is?”
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:06 pm

ooc: Lol, nice XD
    Angelus is from Buffy, the evil Angel. He is cunning, callous, ruthless and extremely intelligent. Google him XD. He is an expert of psychological and physical torture, and enjoys what he does immensely.

Ic:

His smile widens. He can see from her body language- a shifting of position here, a slight fidget there- that he is getting to her, slowly but surely. He definitely hit a nerve with her brother, and she's getting nervous. If he keeps this up, she won't last another week, and he does so want to string this out. Who knows how long it will be until they choose another nurse after this? How long will it be before he can play again? It's too uncertain to risk. Besides, maybe he can use this girl in other ways...the thought makes his smile widen even further.

Her answer- that of wanting to help people- sounds genuine enough, but everyone wants something in return. Everyone has something that motivates them towards a certain profession. Doctors and Nurses might feel guilty about the diseases they couldn't stop as children, vets might feel bad about pets or animals that have died...Homeopathic practitioners just want to feel like they're helping when they possess no real skill at all...and psychiatric nurses tend to have had an experience with mental illness. Is that what she is avoiding with her brother? A stretch, even by his standards, but possible. That may be why they're not close, and would certainly explain the avoidance of her brother as a subject, even through lies. Possible, but pure supposition. He'll need to gather more data before he confronts her about it...

He resolves to stop for today. He shall give her this answer, and then leave her be. She can continue to talk to him if she so wishes, but he has finished playing for today. Maybe he will continue tomorrow.
    "Well," he says, smiling, "my nickname is- was- one I like very much. It fits me like a glove, which you would know if you had done your research. I will tell you, plain and simply because I want to see the look on your face when you realise who you have been talking to. I am not called The Renly Ripper, or the Yorkshire Gunman...I am no violent psychopath who went on a rampage with a firearm. My nickname, I obtained through my ruthlessness, my intelligence and my wit. I..." He pauses theatrically, "...am The Trickster," he laughs his cruel, heartless laugh and effects a mock bow, "At your service, Girl..."
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:47 pm

The Trickster, it sounded familiar, but the blanks and gaps of information let me, shrug off the name. Sure, it could be a title that anyone would normally fear in horror or get anxious about, but the past decade kept me inside and isolated most of the time, so any world wide gossip went in one ear, and out the next. I bet if I typed in the name and had the gaps filled, it would spark up my memory about the name, but for now I couldn’t remember even where I’d heard it from. So the reaction he was hoping for would happen outside this room, unfortunate for him, but I wasn’t having my stomach drop to my feet.

“Girl.” I quoted him disapprovingly. I don’t know why it bugged me so much that he couldn’t call me something a less, general. I’d been called worst in the past by patients, but with him it was a small sting at my head every time he called me it. Maybe it was because it contributed to the fact he kept mentioning I was unprepared when I came in here? Together, they make me think he feels vastly superior to me, which I guess I have to expect from a deranged criminal. One who also, from his description of himself, thinks very, very highly of himself. If I figured out how, perhaps I could use his over confidence against him; play at that angle to loosen his lips on himself? Getting him to brag about himself wouldn’t work, because I already tried that method and failed miserably, but again, I’d have to figure it out. Not make it so, obvious, and see how it goes. But before doing that, I had to get all I could on him without his help – It was time to leave for today. It’d been here for almost 25 minutes, Karl never showed up, and my hole was dug deep enough without me slipping up anymore.

“It’s time I leave Mr. Wilde. Someone will be in shortly with your medication.” Without anything else, I turned from him, unlocked the door to his room and held it open for a brief moment. “Thank you for the game.” And I left the room, the door nearly slamming behind me. Now, to find out who the Trickster is.

OCC- Well, isn't that a comforting picture o_O
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:04 pm

ooc: Can't post again today, I'm afraid...sorry Sad But I do think this RP is going well...what do you think of Gregory ATM? Are the links he's making too tenuous? Am I godmodding a little bit? What do you think about the character as a whole?
    Also, the point of my post- which, looking back now, isn't obvious- was not that he expected recognition but that he expected your character to figure out that she had been trying to beat in a verbal contest someone whose nickname was earned through his mastery of wordplay...lol. Smile But I have to go, so I shall TTYL Smile Banana Llama
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:54 pm

OOC- No problem Smile I had to get to my homework anyways, I’ve been multitasking since we began posting today, it’s why I’m so spaced lol.
    Naaaw, you’re not Godmodding lol. If it gets there, I’ll let you know, don’t worry Razz As a whole, he’s nuts, smart and very good an analyzing people, but nuts. A couple times I was really lost on what to post because my character is, well, screwed xD He’s good at keeping his answers short and simple, not much to go on, if this guy was real, I’d HATE to be his psychologist. His expressions never change, makes it difficult to determine anything. The thing I wonder the most of him is the Nature vs. Nurture debate, but I can see it’s going to be a very long time till I find that out lol. Not much of an opinion, more just generalizing him really lol. Once I get more out of him, I’ll get a better feeling of how he is other than, being insane lol.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:49 am

ooc: Lol...either you'll need to trick it out of him or go on what he tells you, which may be very, very little. I love playing Wilde, mainly because I can be an evil character, which I don't get to be very often...whenever I do an evil character, everyone goes out of their way to kill him, or I get into situations in which I feel extremely guilty about what my characters doing...not so with Wilde. I can be as ruthless and sadistic as I like with Wilde Smile

Ic:

Wilde chuckles as he watches the nurse leaves, obviously very angry. With him? Possible, but she doesn't seem the type to get angry at patients, so more likely with herself for playing his game, and losing so thoroughly. He wonders briefly if he'll see her again, but he quickly decides that he will; a girl like that won't give up easily, and will keep on going until she succeeds...or until he drives her insane. He knows which one he's betting on.
    He enjoys getting inside peoples heads, under their skin. It brings out a new sense of accomplishment for him, and it's fun to watch them act out hidden, buried desires or fears, discovering themselves and following their dreams...it's enough to bring tears to his eyes...tears of laughter, that is.

He begins humming tunelessly, thinking nothing in particular. No doubt the doctors will be in in a second to try and get him to take his medication but, as usual, he will refuse. There is nothing for him to suppress; his tongue is the only dangerous part of him, really, and they need that for interviews...and what harm is he going to do in the cell on his own? He isn't violent, he isn't aggressive...he spends most of his day just sat on his bed, leaning against the wall, humming or singing. So no. He won't take his medication, even if they try to force it down his throat. He smiles at the image.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:38 pm