Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

+4
Brandon
Burn It
Danny
Murdoch
8 posters

First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully.... - Page 17 Empty First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

Post by Murdoch Sat May 21, 2011 3:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

Ok, I said I was going to post this, and I will. I expect people to join, as many people expressed an interest.

Alright. I will keep this simple. It is the year 5052AD, and mankind has long since extended its reach to the stars and outside its solar system. It has encountered many new sentient races, some hostile, some friendly and some who are just trying to get by. The governments of mankind have banded together under one banner, the "true" UNEM; United Nations of Earth and Mankind. It sits on the grand galactic council alongside representatives from every other race in the galaxy, and ostensibly have Human-kinds best interests at heart. However, politics corrupt everything, and every member in the council has their own agenda, even within the parties. The miniature councils that run the solar systems are just as corrupt, allowing bandits and slavers to operate in many of the outlying systems where the UEP- the Universal Enforcers Patrol- have a very weak presence. Whether this is due to lethargy or corruption on the councillors part depends on the system. There are many different groups outside the councils, be they mercenary groups, terrorist groups, bandits or just wealthy, independent businessmen.

Of course, what do we care about this? You are all simple creatures- humans and aliens alike- who live a simple life, living in a colony on the planet Liberty, located in the Terminus System in the far reaches of the galaxy. News from the rest of the galaxy doesn't reach you, and your biggest worries include the occasional bandit raid or whether next years harvest goes rotten. Humans and aliens alike live together, side by side, reacting to each other based solely on personal virtues rather than racial stereotypes. You are all stuck here, after all, and you grew up here; most of your families have lived here since the colony was founded, or close to it. Liberty is an earth-like planet, albeit with different wildlife and a slightly higher climate, and completely isolated, more or less.
    That is, until a ship from an unknown organisation- it could be military, it could be something else- drops out of hyperspace above the planet, and sends down six soldiers of mixed race in a dropship that lands just outside of the colony limits, near the outlying farms. They have heard rumours of a massive attack being planned by an unknown force, and they have been sent to find out why and to hopefully stop it. What in Gods name is about to happen to the peaceful planet of Liberty?

Ok, now most of you will be farmers or shopkeepers or working in personal security...generally an ordinary person leading an ordinary life. Myself and someone else will be playing the military personnel in charge of the other four who were sent down, and sorry guys, but that role has been reserved. This is simply to keep the story moving.
    You can be human or alien, and I will not give you a list of aliens. It will be up to you to invent them yourselves...just PM me with your ideas and I will review them to see if they are viable to include. Alright?
    If you wish to be one of the four soldiers, you may, but I do not want everyone choosing a soldier, and if you choose to be a "grunt" you will be wearing a red shirt. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RedShirt

We start just as the dropship is finding a place to land.

Roles:

Civilians:
    -Danny, farmer, Crystalline
    -Faith, Book Shop owner, Human

Soldiers:
    -Murdoch, Scout Leader, Human
    -Jordan [Eljordo], Human

Other:
    -Brandon (Dragon...symbiote...thing...)

Last edited by Murdoch on Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:16 pm; edited 7 times in total
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully.... - Page 17 Empty Re: First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

Post by Murdoch Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:38 am

No matter how many times Murdoch gets into this kind of situation, no matter how many times he is accused of hurting people he came to help, no matter how many people hurl the same accusations at him, it never gets easier to hear; he never wants to slap somebody harder than when he gets blamed for something like this. It offends every fibre of his being that anybody could think him capable of...of this. But, he supposes, she is only human, and the natural human thing to do when scared or threatened or angry is to lash out, to lay blame on something that you can identify as the source of your woes. It is with this thought in mind that he calms himself, and ignores the comments...but not without effort.

"Girl, listen to me!" He shouts, straining to be heard above the sounds of fire, explosions and screams. There are sounds of fighting nearby, of gun fire and clatterings and crashings...it sounds like some of the colonists have started to resist. Jordan and Murdoch should head out there and help, when they have their plan sorted out. "Why in The Gods names would we be behind this? Why would they attack with their own people still on the ground, without hearing the reconnaissance? Why would they attack our truck? Why would I save your life just now? Why would they jam our transmissions? Huh?" He shakes the girl a little, "Use your head, Faith! We. Are. Not. Behind this!"
    He looks at her for a moment longer, then looks back at Jordan. "We need to try and rally the colonists and wall ourselves up somewhere and hope they go away soon...if they've gotten past The Liberation, there won't be any more help coming..." he sounds sad at that, but he turns back to Faith. "Now. I ask again; where would the colonists go if under attack?"

----------------------------------------

Tarya spins on her heel as she hears the beginning of a commotion outside. What are those morons doing? They have to get in and hide, or they're all dead, and she is not allowing some moronic colonists to endanger her friends. She manages to catch the tail end of what's happening, and is just in time to see Edward and The Dwarves drawing their weapons. So...the male is a Crystalline. She hasn't met many of them, but she's met enough to know that they are formidable foes...thankfully, this one isn't fully grown, and they have a weapon inside that is specifically tailored to fighting such foes...unfortunately, it doesn't have a stun setting...the best bet is to take him down before he has a chance to concentrate enough to go into his full Crystalline form. The girl is the easy part...all she has on her is a bad attitude.

The crew backs off a a few steps, but it isn't due to fear or caution; they have guns, so why stay in range? If you are within arms reach, you are inviting trouble. Agents are told some very specific things in regards to using weapons; keep your weight on your back foot, stay out of arms reach of your opponent, keep your finger on the trigger and never take your eyes off of your opponent. If they make one move, they will be shot. Not dead, but stunned.
    Tarya takes a step back towards the group. "Don't be idiots," she says simply, "If you go back there now, you will probably die. The bandits have superior weapons and numbers...what do you honestly think you could do with a knife and some crystal? Hmm? Do you think you will be any good to whatever survives of your life if you're dead?" She waits for a moment, then continues, "So stop being pigheaded morons and get in the ship...or we WILL have to drag you in." She addresses the male, "And you. If you go Crystalline and threaten my men, we will have to take you down. We have a weapon that can hurt you a lot...and it does not have a stun setting. You have been warned." Her eyes flash; she is not in the best of moods anyway, and she will not be tested by two stubborn colonists from some backwater planet.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully.... - Page 17 Empty Re: First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

Post by Danny Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:02 pm

"Threaten your men?" Danny asks offended. "They were the ones who grabbed me! Your colony is being threaten and my family is being threatened, no offense by I am not worried about threatening your friends who engaged with me!" He takes a step forward, now angry by the distant screams and smell of smoke that had slowly begun to drift towards this area. He goes back to addressing other points made by the girl.

"And it doesn't matter if we are no use to them later, because we are no use to them now! If we can fight, let us fight! This is [i]our[/] home and [i]our[/] family. You may think this is some backwater, run down colony, but we will fight to defend it! How can you expect us to stay put and do nothing as our commands fall?!" This time, both of Danny's arm shift from flesh to their deep crystal colours. He doesn't raise them as a threat, but it his there to attack if he has too. Why were they so persistent on keeping them in their current location?
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:10 pm

I kept quiet while Danny had his piece at them, trying harder and harder to get them to let us go back to the village. He was right; if we’d do no good here, or there, then why make us stay? To save our lives? If we want to risk it, it’s our right! Sadly.. It was clear that no matter how hard Danny or I yelled, no matter how much we kept this going, they weren’t going to let us go. They wou- I stopped my train of thought. Danny had finished and only now did I take notice of him changing again. Not that seeing him get at least a hit in wouldn’t be amusing.. The said they had technology to stop him, hurt him. It wasn’t a bluff I think Danny should be calling, not right now at least.

I grabbed a hold of one of his arms, feeling the cold green crystal that replaced his skin. “Calm down.” I mouthed to him, trying to remind him that they said they would hurt him. Even if he didn’t attack, I was afraid they would shoot anyways just to make him change back. Odd.. That the people who want to keep us safe threaten to hurt him to do so.. That rules out Peacekeepers as they job. “Is there absolutely nothing we can do from here?” I asked, trying to calm everyone down for the moment. Yea, I still wanted to bitch and scream, but I also don’t want to get stunned. Then all chances and getting there would be lost. Well.. If they DID have anything useful aboard that’s dangerous, now might be the time to bust it out and use it.
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:42 am

OCC: Was waiting on Faith, but I don't want this to die.

BIC: Jordan looks away from the two to see yet another building explode. The pirates begin to creep closer, they had to act now.

"Sir, I'll keep the bastards at bay! You should probably get Faith out of here!" He knew he was in no place to order Murdoch around, but now wasn't the time to argue.

He raised his right hand and his sword came out.

"See you on the other side"

He ran towards the pirates, sword ready. His armor would block some gunfire, so he should be able to close the distance.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:57 am

Ooc: I'm waiting on Faith as well...if she doesn't post over the weekend, I'll post as if she's dropped out.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:13 pm

ooc- I'm SORRY that I did this again... This weekend had been hectic. Today I had band stuff and tomorrow and Monday I'll most likely be having my birthday celebration with my family. Go on without me. Murdoch, you can take control of my character if you'd like. It won't be for long anyway. I'm sorry, once again, I'll see you guys Monday night [Hopefully!!]
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:27 pm

ooc- I'm so sorry-I'll try to keep myself open more so I don't hold up everyone.I feel really bad... Here's a post
    bic-

He did have a good point. Would pirates risk losing their own? Of course, they would. I took in a short breath. I didn’t want to believe it; I didn’t want to go out on a ledge and trust someone when we were being attacked. I had to though. Who else were we going to trust? The colony guards were probably all dead, and the rest of the colony was following short behind.

I watched him silently a moment before a loud crash makes me jerk at such a loud sound. I take in a short breath before I feel hands on my arms and I’m shaking. I try to think. I looked blackout into the open. Everyone was looking to the east. Everyone is running to the only place they might be able to find safety.

“I-They-They’ll go to the bunker, east of the city. It’s hidden in the thicket of all the foliage on the back part of the city. It’s supposed to have provisions and some sort of security, but-“
    Plasma fire cuts me off and I jump again. “We’ve never had to use it!” I point as all the people run, following them with my finger. “They’re heading there. That’s where everyone will go” I was shaking, trying to keep my head clear. I had never been in war, never seen things explode! I was a simple book keeper! That was clear as I looked to the two people in front of us. So many questions buzzed in my head. I couldn’t decide what to ask first.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:30 pm

Tarya ignores the male for the time being; he is obviously not thinking straight, and no amount of logic will persuade him to do so. No matter how many times she explains that he will die needlessly if he goes back there- or worse- he will likely still try and persuade them that dying in defence of his family is preferable to surviving and quite possibly finding them later...after all, the bandits will likely avoid the tougher areas and just go for the easy plunder. As long as Murdoch and Jordan are there, perhaps they can get to where the civvies are sheltering and help them repel any attacks...hopefully. But no matter how much Tarya sympathises with the males plight- and she does, believe me- she cannot condone him needlessly putting himself at risk.

Instead, she turns her attention to the female. She appears to be getting her head back, but probably only because she sees an opportunity in it. No matter...they aren't carrying anything that would be used against the colony, so they have nothing to hide; it was more a case of privacy and confidentiality that they kept them out here.
    "I am afraid not," she says, a little sadly, "If we tried to fight this many, we would die. No way around it. Our best bet is to hide, and then venture out to help the survivors. If we're even a little bit lucky, casualties in the colony will be at a minimum...bandits around these parts want plunder, not murder..." although they will not hesitate to kill troublesome men and rape the women if they get a chance...but Tarya leaves that part out.

------------------------------------------------

Murdoch spins around as Jordan bolts off, and curses; Jordan always was a rash one, and despite Murdoch ordering him not to do this kind of thing, he always does it...who uses a sword against guns?! Really?! He's risking himself pointlessly, when he has a perfectly good gun that can kill them fine from a lot farther away. He growls in the back of his throat, only half listening to Faith's garbled explanation of where the civvies are headed. He turns back to her, pressing his pistol into her hand. "Stay here," he says simply, "and hide. I'll be back in a second..." he spins on his heel and sets off after Jordan, adding in a grumble, "I've got to go rescue Jordan..."

He soon catches up to Jordan- Murdochs armour and arms are lighter than Jordans- and falls into step beside him. "Jordan, stop!" He says harshly, "Not only are you going about attacking a superior force in the wrong way, but you are going in the direction opposite to the one we should be going!" Seriously, this isn't smart; you don't attack a superior force by charging into their centre. You fall back to a stronghold or a chokepoint and funnel them down into more manageable numbers, or whittle them down through guerilla warfare and hit and run tactics!
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:18 pm

Jordan already knew what he was doing was foolish, even downright suicidal, but every second the pirates remained unopposed more people would die. Guerrilla warfare would take too much time, time they didn't have. These people would stand no chance If they fell back now.

"With all due respect sir, but these people are going to die if we fall back! Others need your rescuing more than I do sir!"

He srugged off Murdoch and continued to advance, If Murdoch pursued him further he would get them both killed. Disobeying direct orders huh? If he got out of this he would be in a world of trouble, but he couldn't think of that right now.

Jordan bolted forward on an angle towards the pirates, as long as he pulled this off right they would not notice him until he was already upon them.

He saw a pirate somewhat separated from the group. He was facing the wall, it would appear a young girl, couldn't have been older than six, was cornered. The pirate raised his weapon at the girl. If there was one thing Jordan could not allow was innocent death, this girl would not die, not while Jordan was still alive.

Jordan raised his wrist gun and dropped the pirate, a pool of blood drenched the ground. Jordan approached the girl.

"Move back girl! Get to safety!"

The girl just stood there, crying. Jordan got closer to the girl.

"I'm here to help you, now please get somewhere safe"

The girl did not respond.

Jordan tried a gentler approach.

"Listen, there are bad people here, but I'm one of the good guys. I'll protect you, but you have to hide."

The girl wiped her tears and gave a nod. She ran away from the pirates, towards where Murdoch still was, running with the other fleeing colonists.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:52 am

He forces some type of gun into my hands. I take in a short breath, watching in silence a moment. He had given me something that I didn’t even really know how to use.

"Hurry back!" I yell after him. I take in a short breath, looking around as things explode and people die. I guess I was simply lucky that I wasn’t back at the shop. It was probably destroyed by now. I flinched at such an idea. All I had worked for, gone.

I turned, starting farther down the alley the archway led to. I took in a deep breath, turning down a further bit of debris that had landed in the way. I was to hide, so hiding I would do. I was silent as I watched everyone. What would happen if someone, somehow, found me? Could I fire the gun and save my life? I was just a Bookshop owner! I couldn’t kill on a whim like these men could. I had never been taught to shoot a gun or stab someone. This wasn’t going to happen. I kept down; simply hoping no one saw me. Hopefully one of the men would be back before the pirates made it here so I wouldn’t have to make the decision for myself.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:29 pm

OOC- Haven't left, I was just going to let Danny go first. I'll post tonight when I get back, even if he hasn't.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:04 pm

ooc - awkward, I was waiting on Krisite...
    I am waiting on you to post in the DvO Krisite!

bic - Kristie holds onto Danny and tries to calm him, but Danny isn't paying attention. Most of the time, Danny is a happy fellow. Hard working, but cheerful, but he can get defensive. Very defensive, especially when the ones he cares about are involved.

"Oh, so we sit here and wait, hoping they don't kill anyone. But raiding our resources clean is perfectly fine and leaving us without an resources is fine. What the hell do you care? This isn't your home, your colony! You can say you care but what are you doing to show it? The pirates leave, and eventually so do you, and we're stuck on this planet with what?!" he yells angrily. He knew they were wasting time. "You are part of the military aren't you?! Then help us and do something!"
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:18 pm

It was when Danny said the word Military that my head started swarming with realizations.. Things maybe I should have seen before. My mind blanked of everything he said once I clue in. These people crashed here, yes, but did they crash HERE because this is where they were already headed? Did they have more business here than we even considered? Military people.. Maybe.. Sent here, why? We have nothing of huge importance, of much value to any powers, so why send anyone to a quiet village like ours, except.. The woman, she said that our attackers were bandits. How did she know that? If she can see the details of the vessels attacking our colony from here, there’s no way in hell she’s got human eyesight. So, the theory comes to mind that.. “Did you.. Did you know they were coming?” I asked, my voice showing the shock in me, but also sadness. I looked between the girl and Edward, letting go of Danny’s arm and clutching my fists tighter and tighter, one around the dagger and one into a ball. “You knew they were bandits.. You know what they’re doing.. Did you know?!”
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:59 pm

Murdoch groans a little, but lets Jordan go. There will be a reckoning later, he can guarantee that...it's not only that Jordan has to be the 'lone hero,' running around and performing death-defying stunts, but it's that he has to risk himself needlessly...sometimes Murdoch thinks that Jordan just ignores the training. He charges headlong down the street, not even bothering to use his firearm, instead using a sword. Now that's all well and good if your enemies have pistols or low-calibre rounds...but it only takes one bandit with a semi-decent weapon, and that scout armour is going down...sometimes Murdoch wishes that Jordan would stick to the training more, he really does.
    "Fine," he shouts at Jordan simply, his annoyance evident in his voice, "But you better live, or I'll kill you myself!" He spins on his heel- after making sure the girl got through alright- and hurries back to where he left Faith, the little girl that Jordan sent his way in tow. "Come on," he says, "Show me how to get to that bunker...we have to hole up and weather the storm..."

------------------------------------------------

Tarya doesn't show any change in her demeanour, not so much as a flicker, but inside she's cursing herself. An elementary slip-up! There are ways that she could know that they were bandits, but none of them are as believable as 'you knew already'...still, she should try. She isn't as good at Murdoch with that 'exact words' crap, but he did suggest they try it...oh well. They aren't leaving, and that's that.
    "Our ship was passing by on its way to an objective-" she says simply, "-and our transport crashed." Both true...if not 100% accurate in the context. "And who else but bandits would jam our communications, and then start blowing buildings up?" Again, true.
    "Now. You two are not leaving this area; You," she looks at the male, "Need to calm down. Explain to me what would be achieved if you went back there to protect your colony, only to die? Then the colony would still be blasted to rubble, but you would be dead, unable to help rebuild or take care of the survivors. And as much as we would love to help- we really would- we are only six. Six against the sheer number of Bandits that there are likely to be- regardless of any military training we may or may not have had- are not good odds. We would likely all die. Murdoch and Jordan are in the colony...they'll do what they can, but Murdochs first priority will not be to instantly counterattack. It will be to head to the safest location and fortify it, readying a defence. If we go storming in, he'll have to risk lives to get us into that same position...and then nobody will be left to defend this ship and make sure it doesn't get looted by the bandits...not only giving the bandits a rather advanced piece of kit...when it's working..." she adds in a still-annoyed aside, "...but leaving us stranded on this planet with no way to get back to where we need to be. Now. You are getting into this ship and hiding. Any questions?"
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:24 pm

Danny snarls at the girl. "You don't understand! I don't care if I die!There will be nothing to rebuild if we don't get the bandits out! If I were to die, at least I could take down some bandits before I go. I can assist maybe force then out, die trying! We aren't warriors on this colony, but I can't imagine laying down doing nothing while we get slaughtered or left of dead!"
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:56 pm

I couldn’t get a word in before she went off again. I waited till she finished her bickering at Danny.. Well, more lecturing him. It pains me to agree with some of the things that she’s saying.. No, it physically hurts to agree with her. Being alive would give us the chance to help whoever is left.. But thinking of that, only rushed more thoughts into our heads as to who won’t survive. They have their friends there.. Sure, they’re trained; they can hide where they need to? Us? We’ll run and scatter with not a bloody clue what to do other than run. Our people aren’t soldiers, their farmers and teachers and tradesmen.. They’re smart, but fear will had God knows what kind of effect on them.

Danny had his piece, and finally I could speak. “You didn't answer me.. All you did was give me excuses, reasoning as to how you COULD know.” I stated in an oddly calmed tone considering the mood I, and everyone else, was in. I was right though, she just gave me reasoning as to how she would know.. But she never directly answered my question. Avoiding a straight out answer? “I want a yes, or a no. Did you know that the Bandits were coming here?”
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:10 pm

The quiet is almost complete. There are no more explosions, but the gunfire and screams are apparent. I shake my head as I think about how to get where we need to go. It’s going to be a far stretch whether we make it there or not. Our position now was closer to the junkyard than the bunker, and we had been driving for awhile.

I heard something down the alley. I sighed quietly as I looked up to see a figure covered in armor. It was Murdoch. I am silent as I rise from the rubble to meet him. He wants us to get to safety. I can’t agree more with his actions.
    I turn on heel, starting toward the opposite end of the alley. I don’t know the streets as well as I used to, but I hoped that I could get around fairly easily.

“Follow me, we can take back streets and hopefully avoid some of them” I was quiet as I held the pistol between my thumb and index finger, pushing it out to him. “Take it, you could probably use it better than me anyways” I was still walking, but I hoped he would take the bit of weaponry off my hands. I didn’t know why, but the feeling of killing wasn’t still fitting alright in my stomach. I knew it would have to be soon. The time would come where it would have to kill these men to get to safety, but now I didn’t see it as the time.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:28 pm

Waiting for Jordan, sorry...
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:04 am

OOC: Sorry for the delay, Ill get my post up later tonight
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:49 pm

This was crazy, panic spread through the streets. The few civilians left were running for their lives in seemingly random directions. It would be suicide for Jordan to take on the pirates alone, but he needed to get as many people to safety as he could. Jordan began to survey the surroundings, he came up to a large courtyard. He was sticking to the shadows in order to stay hidden. There would seem to be a line of captured civilians in the center, their hands were bound and they were on their knees. Five pirates surrounded them, weapons in tow. It would appear they were about to execute the civilians. Jordan had to act fast to stop this.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:15 am

Sorry, guys...I can't post ATM, and I really am sorry about this...you know how Christmas gets...if I can't post soon, know that I have NOT abandoned this...
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:12 pm

OOC- Take your time Murdoch, no stress.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:38 pm

Murdoch takes the weapon silently, and follows after Faith, darting into the alley behind her. He keeps his weapon ready, in both hands, his eyes darting to and fro, keeping an eye out just in case anything appears suddenly or a bandit leaps out in front of them. He should be able to handle the bandits easily enough, but their skill isn't what concerns him; their numbers are.
    His boots crunch rubbish and rubble underfoot, and his HUD works hard to keep him updated on the situation in the immediate area. Still more explosions and screams and even some gunfire can be heard, all creating a perverse, horrific harmony of death and war, an orchestra of violence. The screams are the woodwind. The explosions are the drums. The gunfire is the violin.

"What kind of weapons are kept at the safe house?" he asks, "and how many of the colonists have been trained in their use?"

-----------------------------------------------

Tarya regards the two coolly. Did they know the bandits were coming here? No. They guessed, they predicted, they were pretty sure it was likely...but they didn't know. They didn't have concrete evidence to suggest that the bandits were coming here next, nor did they have intel that would suggest coming to this specific colony, but they still knew that the bandits could come here and probably would...it's a stretch, but it's that exact words thing, and a paper shield is better than none at all. "No." She answers simply. "Now," she says, ignoring the male; he is far too emotional at this moment in time to be reasonable, and he will just have to do as he's told for now, or be shot down and dragged into the ship. regardless of how hot-headed he is, she is not going to allow him to die, "you two are getting into the ship, before we're seen chatting casually in the middle of a battle. There is nothing we can do for the colony, even were we close enough to get there in time, so there is no point in arguing." She steps aside, indicating towards the inside of the ship. It's still a little battered, and the patch-work is very obvious in some places, but it's safer than out here. "Either come inside or get taken inside. Your choice."
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:41 pm

I don’t know how to respond at first. As I cut down one of the smaller alleyways he asks about weaponry. I laugh nervously at his question. I doubt he’d enjoy my answer. I look back to him, watching a moment as I continue quickly ahead.

“You don’t understand…This is a peaceful planet. It’s been a part of the intergalactic peace sector since I was a little girl. There’s no need for guns and violence. Our colony hasn’t been at war with anyone for hundreds, maybe thousands of years.” I shake my head in dismay, turning forward to leap over a bit of trash in my way. “Men that go hunting, Security if they’re alive, little boys who shoot at the creatures that fly in the sky and maybe some of the women. Their fathers might have taught them how to use a plasma pistol or something in case of intruders…That’s who’s been trained and most of them are probably dead or too young to risk” I pulled slower and slower to a stop. I had come to an intersection of the alleyways. My thoughts had trailed and I had lost where I was going for a moment.

I looked over to Murdoch a moment, a grim look on my face. I continued once more, forward, toward one of the outer streets. We could be somewhat close to safety, but it’s all a guess, an assumption.

“As far as guns go you’ll have to get there and see…It’s not really advertised where unguarded weapons are”
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:17 am

I don't know why I bothered to ask.. I wasn't going to believe her if she told me she didn't know. In my mind, she knew, they all did, and it's part of why they're here. To defend us? By the looks of things, I highly doubt that. So why?

The threats continued, and as much as I wanted to make this difficult for them, I wouldn't gain anything out of it. If I couldn't do anything to help the people in the village.. At least I might be able to learn something being inside their ship. Providing they don't knock us out unconcious when we get isnide anyways..
    "Fine." I said, not sounding defeated, just angry. I calmed down the intense expression I'd had on my face since we met these people, and began towards the door of the ship. Half way there, I turned around, and looked at Danny, "Are you coming?" I asked, really hoping he would realise what I have. If not, I don't blame him.. This is the last thing I want to be doing. One of the dwarves motioned his foot towards him when I asked, and there was a couple seconds of silence.

"DON'T, even think about you little brat." I shouted at him, twisting my face back up for a moment. "If anyone's dragging him in, it's me." I said in almost an ordering tone.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:12 pm