Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

3 posters

How to Be Human

Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

How to Be Human Empty How to Be Human

Post by Mercy Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:15 am

[size=200]Plot[/size]

Demons and Angels have been on Earth since the beginning. Most visit infrequently, every few centuries or so, although there are certain individuals, mostly lower-ranking angels and demons, who spend most of their lives on earth, performing minor miracles and doing their best to sway the world for "Good" or "Bad". These supernatural creatures often go disturbingly native, and begin to realize the folly in their given sides of the eternal war. Going native gives them a certain vastly human element of an enhanced sense of free will. They don't have to exactly follow orders. Just work the vague idea of going on with good or bad activities.

However, now it seems things are stirring. The nature of demons and angels to fall in love so often is becoming a problem. The way a good number of the supernatural creatures are going native. It's all becoming a hassle, and both Upstairs and Downstairs are noticing. So they're sending the Seven Archangels and the Seven Sins to investigate. But what if the Archangels and the Sins like it there? What if they show interest in staying there as well? And who's to say that things will remain peaceful on earth with the new influx of angels and demons? How will they all get along?

Well, that's up to you, isn't it?

[size=200]Setting[/size]

Earth
    Colloquially referred to as Ground Level by supernaturals
    Most of the role play will take place on Earth in 2012, starting in late Fall. Throughout history, angels and demons have interacted with the founding figures of this world, and they're all very proud of certain developments that they influenced on Earth. The role play will largely take place in the English speaking world but other places are totally fine as well.

Heaven
    Colloquially referred to as Upstairs where Angels come from. It's rather dull, really, not many talented people end up there, but it's pleasant, or so many people are told. It's mostly just a lighter, brighter, and more polite Earth lookalike.

Hell:
    colloquially referred to as Downstairs
    Another Earth lookalike, this place is less eternal punishment and more an eternity spent on an Earth full of a higher concentration of Sinners than the real Earth. In general, boredom is a rare sight here.

[size=200]Characters[/size]
    ANGELS and DEMONS:
    Angels are divided into a number of ranks, but for simplification we'll simply give three to choose from. Cherubim are the lowest, most often used for odd jobs around Heaven and looked down on to a certian extent Upstairs. They can perform only the most minor of divine miracles on Earth, but are most likely to be deployed to Earth. Minor miracles include mostly trivial things, such as repairing shattered glasses. These are perhaps the most likely to fall to Sin, but will generally only fall from graces if someone notices, which is rare. Principalities are much higher ranking, often deployed to Earth they have more divine power there, but also tend to be better surveyed by there higherups, and are this afforded fewer freedoms and it is easier for them to fall. Finally, there are the Seven Archangels. They go by different names when taking human form and visit Earth infrequently, but have ridiculous divine powers and it is nearly impossible for them to fall, whether they sin or not. When claiming one you're free to give them a human alias, and whatever gender or personality you'd like etc etc. The seven of them are Michael (Archangel of Protection), Gabriel (Archangel of Truth), Uriel (Archangel of Light), Chamuel (Archangel of Love), Jophiel (Archangel of Paradise), Zadkiel (Archangel of Forgiveness), and Raphael (Archangel of Healing).

Demons are also divided into a number of ranks, though they're largely unimportant. All demons were once angels, and can be also referred to as fallen angels, although they rarely remember their time in Heaven. Most demons are simply lowly demons. Often deployed to earth with little or no supervision, they have power ranging between that of the lowest ranking Cherubim to the highest ranking Principality, it all very much depends from demon to demon. Demons are often looked down upon for doing good deeds but lower ranking demons are hardly looked after anyway so good deeds on their part generally go overlooked. Then there are the Seven Sins, Envy, Sloth, Lust, Wrath, Gluttony, Pride, and Greed. They also have ridiculous hellish powers and rarely visit earth.

Both angels and demons have wings and are capable of flight. When in human form angels and demons hide their wings. They have the same system for determining what kind of wings they have; each angel or demon is likened to a bird, and their wings resemble that bird. However, from about November to April, angel wings molt and turn white for the winter. Of course, the wings still have the same shape and faint patterning of the bird they were likened to when they were very young, but in much paler colours. Demons never molt white and instead keep their plumage year round. Demons often have slitted pupils, claws, fangs, or other ghastly protrusions although they can often be hidden. Demons do not have horns but have a tendency to style their hair to look like them, simply for the ironic effect. If you have any other questions about the species, don't hesitate to ask or assume.

OPEN CHARACTERS:
    Remember: It would be great if you played as many characters as you want/can! We're always in need of more characters for a role play with this many. So feel free to claim as many as you want. Reserves will remain for twenty-four hours and we'll always be open to more characters.

Angels:
    Raphael - Archangel of Healing - Alias, Gender, and Personality up to you
    Zadkiel - Archangel of Forgiveness - Alias, Gender, and Personality up to you
    Jophiel - Archangel of Paradise - Alias, Gender, and Personality up to you
    Chamuel - Archangel of Love - Alias, Gender, and Personality up to you
    Uriel - Archangel of Light - Alias, Gender, and Personality up to you
    Gabriel - Archangel of Truth - Alias, Gender, and Personality up to you
    Michael - Archangel of Protection - Alias, Gender, and Personality up to you
    Principalities - Mid-Level Angels - Names, Genders, Personalities, everything up to you
    Cherubim - Low-Level Angels - Names, Genders, Personalities, everything up to you

Demons:

Wrath - Alias, Gender, and Personality up to you
    Envy - Alias, Gender, and Personality up to you -
    Lust - Alias, Gender, and Personality up to you -
    Sloth - Alias, Gender, and Personality up to you -
    Gluttony - Alias, Gender, and Personality up to you
    Pride - Alias, Gender, and Personality up to you -
    Greed - Alias, Gender, and Personality up to you -

Other Demons - Names, Genders, Personalities, everything up to you

Humans:
    We will need a lot of humans! People that know about angels and demons, people that don't, and later on, we'll need a human for a very, very special reveal I've got in mind.

CHARACTERS::
    [Will be Added]

Code:
    [center][color=#YOUR HEX CODE][b][size=300][font=Chiller]First and Last Name Here[/b][/size][/font]
    [i][size=250][font=Courier]Nicknames in Quotes Here[/i][/color][/size][/font]
    [i][size=200][font=Chiller]lyrics here
    Another line of lyrics here[/i][/size][/font]

[img]IMAGE HERE((Anime preferred, image not required))[/img]

[color=#YOUR HEX CODE][b][size=300][font=Chiller]Lyrics[/b][/color][/size][/font]
    [i][size=250][font=Arial]**more lyrics[/i][/size][/font]
    [font=Chiller][size=200][color=#YOUR HEX CODE][u][b][[Name]][/b][/u][/color][/size][/font]
    [font=arial]First Middle and Last[/font]
    [font=Chiller][size=200][color=#YOUR HEX CODE][u][b][[Age]][/b][/u][/color][/size][/font]
    [font=arial]Age[/font]
    [font=Chiller][size=200][color=#YOUR HEX CODE][u][b][[Race]][/b][/u][/color][/size][/font]
    [font=arial]Angel, Demon, or Human [/font]
    [font=Chiller][size=200][color=#YOUR HEX CODE][u][b][[Specifications]][/b][/u][/color][/size][/font]
    [font=arial]If you're an angel or a demon, what bird are your wings based on? What is your strong suit in magic? What's your rank?[/font]

[color=#YOUR HEX CODE][b][size=300][font=Chiller]Lyrics[/b][/size][/font][/color]
    [i][size=250][font=Arial]**and put some more lyrics here, y’know[/i][/size][/font]
    [font=Chiller][size=200][color=#YOUR HEX CODE][u][b][[Appearance]][/b][/u][/color][/size][/font]
    [font=arial]Appearance. A short paragraph or a couple sentences. It doesn’t have to be much, don’t worry. Do try to describe full out angelic/demonic form if your character is a demon or angel here as well.[/font]
    [font=Chiller][size=200][color=#YOUR HEX CODE][u][b][[Clothing]][/b][/u][/color][/size][/font]
    [font=arial]What clothing your character wears and such.[/font]
    [font=Chiller][size=200][color=#YOUR HEX CODE][u][b][[Jewelry/Accessories]][/b][/u][/color][/size][/font]
    [font=arial]Any sort of non-clothing appearance items. If there aren’t any, just say as much.[/font]

[color=#YOUR HEX CODE][b][size=300][font=Chiller]Lyrics[/b][/color][/size][/font]
    [i][size=250][font=Arial]**and some more lyrics[/i][/size][/font]
    [font=Chiller][size=200][color=#YOUR HEX CODE][u][b][[Inventory]][/b][/u][/color][/size][/font]
    [font=arial]Whatever your character carries around.[/font]
    [font=Chiller][size=200][color=#YOUR HEX CODE][u][b][[Strengths]][/b][/u][/color][/size][/font]
    [font=arial]Some strengths[/font]
    [font=Chiller][size=200][color=#YOUR HEX CODE][u][b][[Weaknesses]][/b][/u][/color][/size][/font]
    [font=arial]As many weaknesses as you have strengths.[/font]

[color=#YOUR HEX CODE][b][size=300][font=Chiller]Lyrics [/b][/color][/size][/font]
    [i][size=250][font=Arial]**moar lyrics[/i][/size][/font]
    [font=Chiller][size=200][color=#YOUR HEX CODE][u][b][[Likes]][/b][/u][/color][/size][/font]
    [font=arial] At least three [/font]
    [font=Chiller][size=200][color=#YOUR HEX CODE][u][b][[Dislikes]][/b][/u][/color][/size][/font]
    [font=arial] At least three[/font]
    [font=Chiller][size=200][color=#YOUR HEX CODE][u][b][[Romance]][/b][/u][/color][/size][/font]
    [font=arial] Sexuality/Romantic Preference/That Stuff [/font]
    [font=Chiller][size=200][color=#YOUR HEX CODE][u][b][[Personality]][/b][/u][/color][/size][/font]
    [font=arial]Personality. A short paragraph or so.[/font]

[i][size=250][font=Arial]**and then some more[/i][/size][/font]
    [font=Chiller][size=200][color=#YOUR HEX CODE][u][b][[Goals]][/b][/u][/color][/size][/font]
    [font=arial]Goals.[/font]
    [font=Chiller][size=200][color=#3D3331][u][b][[History]][/b][/u][/color][/size][/font]
    [font=arial]This is entirely optional. Since angels and demons have such long histories, it's a bit silly to require that you explain them in depth. It's preferred for humans, though. [/font]
    [/center]

Updates:
    No characters yet!
    No activity yet!
    Roleplay will begin once three characters are submitted and accepted
    Please reserve in the OOC, and ask questions there.

Rules:
    *All of your general roleplay rules. (Respect etc)

*Swearing is of course fine.

*Anime playbys/faceclaims/pictures are encouraged but not required, and pictures are also not required.

*The tagline/quoteline/synopsis has to be an explanation of who they are, not a quote or somesuch. e.g. A Fallen Angel, an Angel, an angel who did not so much fall as saunter vaguely downward (see Good Omens), or a fallen angel and part time rare flower dealer.

*I require at least five hundred words per post. That doesn't mean per character. If you have more than one character a post, you don't need to do fifty each, just fifty altogether.

*Rules will most likely be revised as time goes on.
    Wraith
    Wraith
    Headlight

How to Be Human Empty Re: How to Be Human

Post by Wraith Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:43 am

Ooc: I'll join but i definately can't make 500 words per post. Likewise I'll have to be one of the lowest demons due to the fact i wont be able to get on too often. Just have to ask if this is alright?
    Avalon
    Avalon

Post by Avalon Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:04 pm

Oh gosh this setting is brilliant, but I think I'll have to whip up a few new character bios tonight. Is it alright if I snag the role of both a demon and a human? Perhaps a few humans...
    Avalon
    Avalon

Post by Avalon Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:13 pm

Alright...

I would like to be Lust! For that I'll use Julian.
    And I would also like to be a human, for which I'll use Fiona...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:27 am