Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

2 posters

A Chance Meeting

Anonymous

A Chance Meeting Empty A Chance Meeting

Post by Guest Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:12 pm

Emily dropped her towel and shivered slightly as the cold, Canadian winter air hit her skin. Even in her centrally heated warm it was reasonably cold. She glanced behind her through the slight crack between the door and the frame she could see that outside it was still a blowing a blizzard. Hugging herself she stepped into the shower the warm water permeated her fur and touched her skin. It was warm and she lifted her muzzle letting the water hit her throat and chest. She bent down to pick up her shampoo using her free hand to steady herself against the unmoveable glass of one side of the shower. The glass was cold against her pads and when she straightened up there was slight marks of where it had been.

What have I got today?” She thought to herself as she squeezed the shampoo onto her paws and started to wash her hair, using her fingers to get the shampoo deep into her scalp. After working the lather well into her scalp she squeezed a small amount of more shampoo onto her paws and started to wash the rest of the length of her hair. Once she thought she had worked the shampoo into her hair well enough she looked down at her tail. She cupped her hands under the water before she attempted to wet her tail. She succeeded and after putting a little more shampoo on her paws she started to run her hands along its length, going with the direction of her fur. She used her claws to work the shampoo deeper into her tail because except for that on her head her tail was the thickest concentration of fur. Tilting her head back she started to rinse her hair as well as wetting her hands and trying to get the rest of the lather out of her tail. When she was satisfied that both were clean of all soap she bent over again this time picking up the shower gel. She squeezed a good amount onto her paw and started to wash herself.

As she absent mindedly washed herself her thoughts continued in earnest even “I wonder what I should have for breakfast? The bacon was OK yesterday but I don’t really feel like a fry up today. Cereal, yes, I will have cereal, but which one? There are so many. Oh hell I will just wing it”. Her hands were at her neck now; her claws were running over her skin working the soap over fur and skin. With her right hand she lifted her long, straight, wet hair and with her left she rubbed the back of her neck, moving ever so slightly so that the water fell onto her shoulder.

She flicked her hair around so that it lay over her right shoulder and onto her chest, as it had earlier when she had been washing it, so that she could wash her back more easily. She started at her shoulder blades, her elbows in the air before she proceeded to get lower and lower moving her arms so that she could reach better. Her mind started to wander again “Soo… today I really should start my citation but I can’t be bothered. Woo for procrastination. I know, I’ll do some drawing, Hmmm nails or tattoos, or I could try and learn something on piano but then my drumming needs a bit of work. God, so much stuff I could do and only 24 hours in a day. OK, OK I will do either some tattoo designs or some general drawing and colouring.” She stepped back under the water again; she was colder now than when she had got in and she hoped that getting under the torrent of warm water would change that.

She felt the water rush down her back from between her shoulder blades, to the small of her back and then over her buttocks and down the back of her legs. She rolled her shoulders liking the feeling of the water hitting her back. Emily swung the wet mass of her hair off her shoulder back to its usual position of hanging behind her. She closed her eyes and turned to face the rear wall of the shower. Water cascaded over her face and hair. She sneezed slightly as some water went up her nose as she lifted her head to let the water wash away the soap she had applied earlier to her body. It ran from the base of her neck, in-between, around and over her breasts. The water ran smoothly down the remainder of her body, she tilted her head forward back under the running water, letting her thoughts roam.

Part 2
    Do I have pens, paints and stuff? I don’t think I do, I should check when I get out of here ‘cause if I don’t then it means a trip to either the crafts store or to the art department. Urgh, I think I will go to the crafts shop, I know it costs me but I can choose my own stuff so I know that it will work and if I am honest with myself the quality is better from the shop, mainly cause it hasn’t been used by a few thousand people and is new. OK, so when I finish my shower I am gonna check my stuff, then have breakfast and then carry on from there.

She tilted her head forward, stopping the full force of the water hitting her body. She ran a paw through her hair and there was a splash as a reasonably large amount of water hit the plastic floor of the shower. She reached up and turned the shower to cold and then off. A few final drops fell from the shower head and landed on Emilys' Muzzle, she glanced up at it quickly before turning and stepping out of the shower.

The window that was in the bathroom was steamed up, not that you could see anything through it anyway, it was either just for aesthetics or, as was most likely, it was to let natural light into the room whilst people on the inside couldn’t see in and vice versa for those who were on the inside. Emily was dripping wet making a small puddle at her feet, whilst her tail was still dripping onto the floor of the shower. She bent down and picked up the towel that she had dropped in a heap before she had stepped into the shower. She started off drying her feet, then legs and so on and so forth, making progress up her body drying as she went. She spent a long time trying to get her tail dry and the same with her hair.

When she was satisfied that she was dry she wrapped the towel around herself in an effort to cover up. Unfortunately she found she could not achieve this and was now grateful for the fact that she didn’t have a roommate. She walked back into her room her body covered except in an upside down U shape that had been caused by her tail. She stopped by a chest of drawers and pulled open the top left hand drawer. She rummaged around and pulled out a bra and underwear, she slid the underwear on and did up the bra before dropping the towel. She looked sideways at the mirror and saw her reflection, she struck a small pose and smiled thinking “I look good”.

She stopped staring at the mirror and pulled out a lower drawer. After a few seconds rummaging around in the organised chaos that was her storage system Emily pulled out the pair of tight fitting, dark, boot cut jeans that she loved. The jeans went well with the corset that she had left by the side of her bed. The main body of the corset was black whilst the edges and stitching were red.The corset hugged her figure snugly and emphasised the size of her breasts but not overly so. Her knee high boots were standing near the door where she had discarded them the night before when she had returned home from her sisters’ apartment.

Post 3
    Rmily grabbed the boots and sat on the edge of her bed to pull them on. Her stomach growled a fair indication that she should go and get breakfast as soon as possible. With a final glance in her full length mirror she turned and pulled open the room to her dorm room stepping out of its relative quiet into the hustle and bustle of the corridor outside.

The corridor was pretty busy for 8am on a Friday. Dragons, Tigers, Wolves and a whole host of other breeds were walking up and down, some talking to each other, others walking alone and a few on cell phones chatting to friends or employers. Emily joined this bustle and headed for the residents cafeteria.

Emily pushed open the right hand door as a rather large dragon pushed through the left leaving the hall a sausage sandwich. “Huh, sausages today” She said to herself, her mix of Canadian and English accents was almost musical and a few heads turned to look at her. She walked past them with a smile on her face, she felt good about today. She bypassed the queue that had developed for the hot food on offer and went straight to the cereals. Even though it was a cafeteria it was pretty much self service so Emily grabbed a box of Kellogg’s Crunchy Nut and poured out a reasonable helping into a bowel before opening the mini-fridge that was there and taking out a carton of semi-skimmed milk. She lifted it up to her nose and sniffed it; you never knew what had been left in the fridge so it was safer to smell stuff just in case. It smelt like milk so she poured it and found that she was correct.

She took her bowl over to a table and sat down between a muscle bound Siberian Tiger wearing a sleeveless denim jacket, that made him look gay rather than the effect that he wanted of showing off his muscles, and a thin but tough looking Snow Leopard. Emily started to eat her cereal with small glances to her left and right taking in her surroundings subconsciously. She zoned out as she ate her arms doing the movements totally automatically, her mind wondered what she would draw.

She finished her cereal by drinking the remnants of milk straight out of the bowl. The tiger and leopard had left a short while back and Emily was now on a table alone. She stood picking up her bowl and spoon and heading over to the industrial washing up area and dumped her bowl in lukewarm, soapy water before pulling out wiping it with a scouring sponge and then putting it in a rack with others which would drip dry and then be put through an industrial dishwasher later in the day in the main kitchen.

As she walked back down the corridor towards her room Emily worked out what she was going to draw. Earlier that week she had been asked by a friend If she would draw him a tattoo that he would be getting promptly as soon as he was 18, she had done a similar thing for another friends earlier in the year and she felt as if she should do it as quickly as she could, he was her friend after all.

As she pushed open the door to her dorm room she already knew what she was going to do for him. It was going to be a Celtic cross entwined with thorns. The fills would be red whilst the main cross itself would be black and the thorns would be a dark green with red points. She could see the design forming in her mind and she wanted to get it down as quickly as possible. She had sat down, her pencil in hand sketching the basic design on a rough piece of paper before the door had shut properly behind her. She paused to think poking her tongue out of the side of her mouth slightly as she always did when she was thinking. She tapped her muzzle with the end of the pencil before she put it to paper again and carried on drawing adding details to the complicated design.

When she had gotten the design to a standard she considered acceptable Emily pulled open the drawer in her desk. Inside it was, just like her clothes drawers, organised chaos. There was no set order to the colour of pens but they were all neatly placed in the top right hand corner, whilst the A4 paper that she drew on took up the whole lower half of the drawer. She pulled out a few sheets of paper and a black fine liner and she started to draw again, this time much more carefully, taking much more care with the fluid curves and proportion.

She must have been drawing for an hour and a half before she had finished the basic outline of the cross. With all the extra intricate patterns within the main area of the cross it seemed easier now to just have the outline as black and the fill as red. She went to attempt this Idea on a rough piece of paper. She looked through the drawer two, three times, but for the life of her, she couldn’t find her red.

“Crap” She cussed to herself “I guess I’ll have to go and get one”. She used this momentary lapse to check her other pens. She used liquid ink fine liners and a few thicker nibed pens, each of the pens had on it an indicator for the amount of ink left in the pen. Emily checked all the pens; it took her no more than five minutes, jotting down the name of the colours that were running low. In total she had six pens that were nearly empty, two that were empty and the rest were all fine. She did a quick tally inside her head and worked out that to buy 9 new pens would cost her around the region of fourteen dollars, each pen being just over one dollar in price.

She stood and sighed, stuffing the scrap of paper that was her makeshift shopping list into her pocket. She left her room again and her high heels made a clicking sound as she walked towards the end doors. When she reached them she looked out, she could see the shop she wanted from campus and she could also see the few inches of snow that had fallen during the night’s blizzard.

Emily pulled open the door and shivered for the second time that day as a blast of cold air hit her. The snow in front of her was almost virginal, with only a few tracks leading up to the doors. She stepped forward and the snow made a crunching sound under her feet as she walked gingerly (High heels are never the best choice of shoe for walking in the snow) down some steps and up the long path that led to the road and eventually the craft store.

It must have taken Emily six minutes to get to the craft shop and another twenty to find and purchase the correct pens in the correct shades. She smiled at the assistant, he was cute and friendly and she came here so often she considered him a friend even though they had never hung out, but same breeds normally hit it off well.

It was a little busier outside, people in thick jackets and big boots tramping their way towards their places of work, all with the same excuse as to why they are late. Emily stepped out of the shop back into the cold no longer virginal snow and started to walk back to campus. Whether it was ill luck or whether she was walking too fast she didn’t know but one moment she was walking and the next she was face down in the street, her small bag of pens went flying and her chest, shoulders, neck and face were all now covered in snow.

“Do you wanna hand?” came a reasonably deep but soft voice from somewhere above her. Emily opened her eyes and looked up at the figure. He was tall, dark and classically handsome. He was looking down at her with his arm out stretched towards her.

“Thanks” She mumbled as she took his hand and he helped her up
    “These are yours” He replied, holding out the small bag that held her pens “I looked to see if any had fallen out but there were none I could see” He took a step back getting just outside her personal space, she hadn’t felt uncomfortable, just a little awkward that he was so close.
    “Thanks again, you’re a real gentleman, not many others would have stopped to help” Said Emily warmly. “I, uh, gotta get back, work and all, thank you stranger” She took a quickstep forward, meaning to step out into the road, cross it and then head back to the campus over what was usually grass, but for a second time she felt herself falling.

However, this time there was no thud as she hit the ground. She felt 2 strong arms catch her round the middle, one very central the other just under her breasts, this made her blush and she was still blushing when she looked up and to her left. She caught his eye and smiled, he smiled back and there was something about that smile, so warm and caring that she couldn’t help but blush more.
    “A second time, I think you made deserve some kind of reward” She said still blushing.
    “It’s OK, knowing I helped is enough, I have work so I’ll probably see you around” He said as he set her on her feet “Now be careful, I don’t wanna have to run across the road to stop you falling again” He chuckled softly and touched his forehead in a small salute just before he started to walk off down the street.

“Hey! Wait a second” Called Emily when he was about 15 paces away from her. “What’s your name?”
    “Cameron. What’s yours?” He called back
    “Emily”
    “Then your name is as pretty as your face” It was a clichéd line but then something didn’t become a cliché unless it worked, and it did work, Jade blushed again and that was their conversation over. He touched his forehead again and turned to keep on walking. Jade also turned, heading in the direction of the campus. She sighed again, her mind still on the handsome face of that Eastern Canadian red wolf that she had just (quite literally) fallen for.

-Fin-
    As I may have failed to mention. This was never meant to be a long story, just a one off jotting out of my mind, it was mainly to practise writing from a girls perspective as well as a way of keeping my mind active.

Last edited by Akimaru on Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:31 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Adding content)
    Anonymous

A Chance Meeting Empty Re: A Chance Meeting

Post by Guest Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:21 pm

instead of ????? put random name cuz it disrupts reading
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:43 pm

You're my new favourite person, Aki! (Sorry, Zalgo)
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:13 am

keep it up mate, dying for more
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:24 am

jade wasn't I always your favourite person?
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:50 pm

Well... yush.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:26 am

Thumbs Up
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:45 am

MORE!!!
    Engi
    Engi
    Devious Chibi
    Devious Chibi

Post by Engi Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:13 pm

Alright (sorry, I want points >.<) it was a cute story, but a few things bothered me. =\ There was too much unneeded detail that kept bringing me out of the story. It focused my attencion away from what you were aiming at. Also, Hehehe c: Rmily... Sorry. A couple spelling and grammar errors, but nothing too bad. The plot was alright, but I felt like you focused too much on every movement that Emily did and a lot of that was unimportant.

Over all, alright story. ^_^ I give it a low B in terms of letter grades, but I grade hard.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:35 am

Let me clear a few things up, The un-needed detail was there becuase it had to be, this story was never meant to be long, it was never meant to continue past this point in time, therefore the added detail builds the character whilst sacrificing story at point(which in honesty) I could have brushed over in a few lines.

The spelling and grammar, you are correct there were a few, also if you looked closely enough word order and missing words.

The plot was supposed to focus on Emily, that was the point of the story. Short, trying to build her character as much as possible to leave the other main character a complete mystery and whet the apatite of reader making them want to learn more about the 'mysterious' character.
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:44 am

Shame it had to end....
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:46 am

Well stories can be continued quite easily, from different points in time or different perspectives, who knows, when I have more free time I might continue it, the Emily/Cameron relationship could be interesting.
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:48 am

Let's just hope....
    Engi
    Engi
    Devious Chibi
    Devious Chibi

Post by Engi Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:48 am

-_- *just wrote a huge thing about it but the page refreshed itself*

Alright, dont get me wrong, I see what you mean. Even with character development, though, it pulls the attention of the reader away from the story line and pulls unneeded questions to that detail and they begin to focus on the wrong things. For an example (that could be made by a 9 year old)

George has always been a huge fan of sports. Everything he wears is related to sports. His jacket is from one baseball team, his shirt is from one soccer team. his hat is from one basketball team, his shorts are from one football team. His socks are blue.

Now, when reading that, you focus all your attention on the socks because they stand out. they are in no way related to his love of sports, so you begin to think that they have another importance to the story. This is fine as long as you either elaborate on how that is important or bring the idea back multiple times and it is important to the flow of the story. But because the socks have no importance, you dont pay attention to the important bits of the character because you are so focused on figuring out how those socks effect the story in the long run.

Sorry if that made little sense, but thats what I mean. Character building is great, but when too much detail is added you lose focus to the important parts of the story and focus on the excess details.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:50 am

Still Engi...This isn't my novel.
    Engi
    Engi
    Devious Chibi
    Devious Chibi

Post by Engi Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:51 am

Ah ^_^ I got that, I just wanted to make my point clear. And this is giving me something to do other then sleep.
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:59 am

Because we've established this isn't a novel, please move it to "Short Stories".

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content