Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

4 posters

The Apex RP

Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Read Me The Apex RP

Post by Murdoch Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:43 pm

First topic message reminder :

The Apex. A place that is everywhere and nowhere, in no time and all times at the same moment and at every moment, a place of contradictions and chance and certainty and fate, all at the same and different times. A place of such infinite complexity that a child could grab its simplicity and an adult be left scratching what’s left of their head should they attempt to understand the enormity and miniscullity of it.

Suffice to say, it is removed from our time and space as we see it. A place of infinite possibilities, where- although it is outside of all reality- all reality and all universes and times cross, where they centralise and become one and split all at the same time. The truth behind the mystery of the universe. Every possible world exists here, every possible universe having a representation here that is their entire content and at the same time, not. A place that is unreachable and at the same time the easiest place to get to [I do apologise for this].

A place where everything is possible. It is impossible to describe what it looks like, as it is all possible looks at the same time, changing to suit the beholder. Some know it as The Void, others as Infinity. Some may even call it Limbo.
    It is here that our story begins. Or rather, the place where the beginning is beginning, in a small universe tucked away in the corner and centre of the room. All possible universes exist here, next to and around and nowhere near each other, every possible decision, every possible variation on every possible random and planned event having a universe dedicated to it. There are Hell universes, Heaven universes- glimpses of which gave inspiration to many religions- science universes and magic ones, deserted ones and bursting-to full ones, every possibility is covered somewhere.
    This universe is a rarity. It is a completely random universe, created because it was the result of a randominity that occurred and didn’t.

In this small universe, in the corner and centre and side of creation, with its own Gods and Devils, its own Angels and Demons and Hells and Heavens, its own goods and evils and grey areas. Its own worlds that drift in the vast and tiny void of space that the universe contains and is. It is on a small world, orbiting a young star in a small solar system of four planets and two moons that our story takes place in truth. The two moons orbit each other, and they are stuck in turn orbiting a small green and blue planet that is the third from the sun. There are only two landmasses on the planet, one in the north and one in the south separated only by a few hundred miles of sea. The northern continent stretches a quarter of the way around the planet- the planet being slightly smaller then a similar blue-and-green planet with only one moon in a distant and close universe- and only just brushes the northernmost point of the world, a hundred or so miles of ice and snow. The southern continent goes nowhere near the southern point, instead stretching across the planet about halfway around, only a few thousand miles in diameter from north to south.

It is a world populated by magic, demons and angels- as some would call them- ruled by sword and sorcery and war and politics, by different races vying to survive.

There are the Humanes, bipedal creatures who are by far the most numerous on the planet, settling anywhere and everywhere there is space. They are typically five feet tall with varying builds and appearances, and differing skills. Some work with leather, others with metal, others with water and others with men and women. They are split into hundreds of different kingdoms, alliances breaking and making with every turn of the planet and more religions then there are races on the planet. There are the Lycans, beastial warriors that stand bipedally at around eight feet tall and heavily muscled in proportion to their height. They are heavily furred with large, predatory teeth and claws possessed with immense strength and short tempers. There are the Gromels, short, stocky creatures about four feet tall that have hairy, round faces and tails, who swing around their treetop homes with great agility and dexterity. And there are the Seraphim, angel-like creatures who watch over everything on the planet. They possess infinite patience, are possessed with immensely long lives and great strength, speed and agility. They are the peacekeepers and negotiators for when all else fails. This is the world. What will happen next? Everything, from the view of the Apex. As soon as one decision or event unfolds, the Apex creates a new universe where something different happened, and all outcomes are “covered”. The Apex cares not for this tiny, insubstantial world and its universe. But its inhabitants do. Its inhabitants are still recovering from a near calamity three years ago, one where a rogue Seraphim devastated the northern world, and was only stopped when the Elder of the Seraphim confronted him. He wrought mass destruction on the continent, causing death and destruction and famine and plague on apocalyptic scale.
    And you? You are its inhabitants. What will you do? The story is not about The Apex, but about you and this world called Arcania.

Races (These are starting races. If you have any ideas, please let me know and give a full description of their abilities, their natural dispositions and living habits…everything you think is relevant) :

Humanes:
    These are basically humans. They have enhanced strength and speed and agility compared to Earth Humans, and live everywhere. Their cultures and religions and mannerisms are thousand fold. As long as you can come up with a town, a religion, a culture etc. as to why your character behaves the way they do (and please give thought to their backgrounds. It is important later on…) you can make up whatever you like. Humanes usually live to about seventy and “come of age” at about eighteen, depending on their culture. They can eat fruit or meat. They all have varying military presences, and all have unique weapons. They can wield limited magic, but only a select few, labelled as Sorcerers. The Sorcerers can only wield limited amount of magic, and only in one way; Eg. Control of fire. Using the ability drains them quickly, however, and leaves them fatigued depending on how much the individual can use at one time.

Lycans:
    Basically the werewolf form of a werewolf, but they have a large intelligence. They act on instinct and bestial nature, sure, but they do have brains. They have short tempers, though, and are stronger and faster then Humanes. They Tower above most, being eight to nine feet tall, and have no need for weapons; their teeth and claws are their weapons. They are frequently hired as trackers for their keen noses and eyes and ears, or as guards for their strength. They tend to live in caves or burrows beneath hills like wolves, in small, close-knit communities, but some do wander as mercenaries. Their little communities are led by a council of three Elders, and all of the “Pack” contribute equally to the running (hunting, childcare, defence, etc). The Lycans live to about one hundred and twenty years old, “coming of age” at about thirty years old. Skirmishes between packs are common, over anything from personal squabbles to land to food. Short tempers, remember? They do, however, honour captured or fallen enemy warriors. They live primarily on meat.

Gromels:
    Gromels are small, monkey like creatures about five feet tall. They live in treetop communities run by a single Moh’Rak. They all have specific jobs (gatherer, childminder, etc) that they do. They have a small and novice “guard” corps, used for self defence, however they are peaceful and will run rather the fight. They live on berries and fruit and never meat. They never engage in hostilities with others, even harsh words and always swallow their ill feelings. Generally. Some are more….sensitive then others, much like the other races. They are unique in having a natural resistance to most magics.

Seraphim:
    They are found everywhere, but have only one large city: Ahrkyian. It is a beautiful city of towering spires and majestic white buildings and graceful statues. The Seraphim are all beautiful to look at, their hair always the purest of the colours and their eyes always the most striking of hues. They are tall- about seven feet, generally- and lithe and graceful, as opposed to the Lycans bulkyness and brute strength. Everyone can do whatever career they want, as long as they are good at it, and there’s a place for everyone. There is no poverty, no homelessness and the unable are cared for. Tourists and members of other races are free to settle in the city and live and work there, as long as they regard the laws and contribute to society. The Seraphim are extremely skilled with weapons and in the martial arts, and have a tradition of magic-using. The Seraphim can all use basic magic to heal others or send simple bolts of light or lightning at places, but there are a few who study further and develop into “Saints”, the elite of the Seraphim defence force. The Seraphim have three forms; their “humane” form, which is basically a Tall, Beautiful Humane. Their “Seraph” form, which has one aspect change about them. This is always different; it could be a scaly arm, or a pair of elongated ears or a tail or anything. The Seraphim gains abilities relating to this addition to their body, as well as receiving increased strength and speed. Their “True” form can only be unlocked through extreme stress or the permission of the Hak’Tar, the leader of the council of Seraphim. The True Form changes the body completely; some become encased in armour, some take the form of demonic-looking creatures, others the form of other animals. Everyone’s True Form is different. It grants a further boost to physical ability as well as granting large magical powers on the user. However, both Seraph and True form consume large amounts of energy, and if too much time is spent in them, the user can seriously hurt or even kill themselves. The more they exert themselves during use, the less time they have.
    However, the Seraphim are fiercely peaceful and will only resort to violence if it is the last possible course of action.

[Any more, let me know and I will sort out adding it]

Roles:
    [Make up your own]

Humanes:
    -Murdoch (me), Amnesiac mercenary
    -Kristie, girl searching for answers about parents death, very weak sorcerer of fire.
    -Hawthorn, humane thief

Lycans:
    -Akimaru,
    -Danny,

Gromels:

Seraphim:
    -Estelle, apprentice priestess and peacekeeper.

Other:

Rules:
    No Godmodding.
    No insulting others.
    Respect others and play nice.
    MEDIEVAL TECHNOLOGY, so if I see jeans and T-shirt or cell phone, so help me god…
    Have fun.
    Generally, behave.

Ok, the setting is a small walled town on the border of two allied kingdoms. The village is a merchant town, so there’s a lot of trade and a lot of people, and it is also near the mountains, so bandits do raid occasionally. The bandits are made up of anything you can think of: Humanes, Lycans, Gremlins, bunglesnatches, what-the-heck-ever.

GO!

NOTE: I do NOT want everyone playing as one race. Please try to balance it guys...

I'll be using Murdoch as an amnesiac mercenary in town on business.

Last edited by Murdoch on Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:14 am; edited 6 times in total
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Read Me Re: The Apex RP

Post by Danny Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:17 pm

The other lycan jumps into action, so I do the same, running off in the other direction. I pass by an alley or two, being stopped by some screaming. A girl, appearing to be in her young 20's, is screaming at a group of three or four guards. She yells at them to stop, that they were citizens, and that her boyfriend hadn't done anything. The guards didn't listen, they continued to beat him, throwing punch after punch at the man, and beneath the screaming and the beating, the grunts and sounds of pain could be heard from the man. I stand in front of the alleyway, and howl! The howl bounces off the walls, making it extremely loud. Everyone stops and covers their ears to protect them from the sound (save for the beaten man). The girl screams in terror, and the guards flee, scared. Dropping their weapons, they push past the girl and myself for freedom, scared that I might kill them.

The girl falls to the ground, covering her head for protection. She's crying, sobbing for her life. I walk up to her, and lick her on the check. Lycan's may have a short temper and may be angry creatures, but we aren't heartless. My eyes were honest, and for a moment, they locked. I was staring into her eyes, her into mine. She stopped crying and threw herself around my neck. "Thank you! Thank you. You saved him! Thank you!"

I gently push her off and nod my head before running off. People were in a panic.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:04 pm

ooc: Erm...no offence, but what? Why would the guards be attacking YOU? The alarm is going off, and you have no idea why. Why would the guards- professional soldiers- be beating civilians? I mean....what? This alarm is- as my post said- for a bandit raid. These people would know that and, although be panicking, wouldn't start rioting, and the guards wouldn't start beating civilians indiscriminently. They would be rushing to repel bandits. O_o

Ic:

Murdoch wakes up groggily, probably only seconds after he lost consciousness. He sits up with some difficulty- he doesn't seem to be hurt that bad, just shaken slightly- and looks forlornly at the pie stall. He frowns. He was hoping for one of those.

Staggering to his feet, he grabs a passing soldier.
    "What's happening here?"
    The soldier grunts in reply. "Bandit attack. What do you think?" He shrugs Murdoch off, and hurries to get to the rest of his platoon. Murdoch growls- bandits? now? Dammnit! He thought it would be, but he'd hoped he was wrong- and sets off towards the walls. At least then he can get an idea of the numbers, and decide whether to help or not.

He reaches the stairs leading to the top of the wall, and looks out over the ramparts, shouldering his way through the cluster of guards. The soldiers are usually more organised then this, so why are they letting him...oh.

His mouth nearly drops open, such is the force of his surprise, at what he sees before him. A bandit force, stretching what looks like the whole way around the walled city, advancing as one large rabble. There must be at least 2,000 out there, probably more! As he watches, another flaming rock- like the one that destroyed the pie stall- is launched from one of the three or four trebuchets. He curses silently. This is going to be a long night.

ooc: Ok, I have to go. What I have planned is not for the bandits to break into the city. These are trained soldiers. There will be a shield wall at the gates for when they batter it down, and the bandits will attempt to overrun the walls with ladders. For the moment, the defenders will hold them off, until I return and say other wise. Ok, peace Smile
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:10 pm

ooc: I suggested that some might be taken aback by the lycan's sudden appearance and attack him. I dunno' about the rest.

bic: With the child tucked away, Estelle took to the roofs, jumping from building to building without terribly much difficulty. She jumped along the side of what she assumed to be a restaurant and landed on the edge of the wall. She squatted down and looked around. This was bad...Strong she was, but it would still be far outside her ability to subdue that many people at once without the use of a skill still denied her. She scowled. For now, she had only to hope that the guards could hold them back and that the people could get to safety.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:25 pm

OOC-.... I swear I didn't forget. Thanksgiving weekend had the grandparents over and blah blah blah..
    ANYWAYS, YES! Action.
    BIC- The alarm began to panic everyone in the Inn, the clerk lady rushing to the back rooms, and the people already inside slamming their doors shut so hard I could hear them from down here. It'd been such a long time since the alarm was sounded; yet when the sounds grew louder and louder mixed with the panic outside, it felt like the last one was just yesterday. I'd been about a 5-minute walk away from the area the last time, and had a hell of a time getting in a good area. This time, I was standing in it.
    I went to the back room behind the counter where the woman and her daughter had run to, "When I leave, barricade the door and do NOT open it for anyone until you are assured it's safe by a familiar face, understood?" They nodded their heads and followed me as I left the Inn to the outside. Places already burning down, people in a panic that would cause more damage then our intruders. I noticed a couple familiar faces that I’d seen while entering the Inn, but asking them what exactly was going on would be pointless. The alarms had just gone off, they’d know no more then I would just getting out here. I stepped in the middle of the large and wide street, and looked for something I could do to assist before the real problem got too close, oh, today would be fun.
    Loco König
    Loco König

Post by Loco König Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:14 pm

I would like to join, if I may. I would be... a humane thief.

https://anonymatrix.forumotion.com/character-biographies-f21/crazy-character-sheet-t131.htm#1438

Hawthorn is the second entry on the list.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:13 am

Cool, no problem Smile
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:59 am

The seraph set about sealing glyphs of protection along the fortification. It was a rush job, certainly, but it would be better than nothing. The ran along the pikes carefully dropping tiny slivers of parchment that wedged themselves into the pikes. It might not work all that well, but at least it was a little something extra.
    Loco König
    Loco König

Post by Loco König Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:44 pm

Hawthorn slowly rises from his seat, the alarm rousing him from his intoxicated stupor. He walks out of the building, coming face to face with what could only be referred to as pandemonium. People screaming and fleeing, flaming rocks obliterating the landscape, it was almost too much. He slaps himself a few times, not quite believing what he is seeing, then smiles as he realizes that this is not quite Judgment Day, after all. Tomorrow, there will be lots of fresh clothing and such for him to loot.

He leaves the inn, a glare replacing any hints of previous elation he had shown; nothing gives a thief away like smiling madly during a miniature apocalypse. He would take full advantage of the chaos, though: people tend to worry less about their money when their lives are directly threatened. He proceeds on his way, eying purses, keeping a look out for a nice fat one or two. He sees what appears to be a nobleman scurry past, and takes pursuit, pulling his mask over his face. Sticking to the shadows, he follows, focusing on the man's movements as he flees. After several moments, he grabs one of his sheathed blades, and runs silently, putting himself directly behind the man. After one quick, fluid motion, the man's purse is no longer attached to his belt, and Hawthorn turns tail and darts down an alley, tearing the mask away once he is certain no one will see.

He grins, this will be enough to feed him for a week, but one more purse could potentially set him up for as much as a month. He pulls his mask up over his face and begins to survey again...
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:36 pm

From the last fire ball hitting the city, more of the near by stalls had begun to catch fire; peoples wares being destroyed because no one was evacuating them. People had left the things in a panic, and the only few who remained struggled under the approaching heat. The fire would get larger, spread faster, and soon enguldge all of this section. I rushed over to the men whom were trying to get the things out. "Sir!" I called to him from behind, I got no answer as they continued to panic and pack. I threw my head back and got closer, shaking his shoulder and calling at him again. "SIR!" I startled him, his face looking both angrey and scared. "What?!" He snapped back at me - There's the anger. "You have too much stuff, the fire will reach it before you can get your things out." I said trying to seem peaceful towards him. He stood up, now being distinctively taller then me, "And what do you propose we go? Let it burn?" He said glaring down at me. "No, I say use the buckets you seem to have a large supply of, and put out the fire using the well that stands only 15 feet from me." I turned and point back at it. The fire COULD be contained if enough joined to help, and would save a lot of damage, but only if acted now. Soon it would get too strong and high that we wouldn't be able to get close enough to get the water on. "And if it doesnt work? If we can't in time? My belongings get destroyed." He said looking between the fire, the well, and me. " It's worth a shot isn't it? Maybe once these people see some actual work going on, they'll put their damn heads back on and help." He nodded, not saying another word after that. He called over his sons, and told them what was going on. We'd make a chain; fill the bucket, pass it down, the person at the end brings it back. It would keep a steady pace going, and we had enough buckets to make sure it would be fast. It started off with me, the man, 2 sons, but then several more began to join. Now stood about 10 of us, but it still wasnt enough - The fire was much bigger then I originally thought.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:09 pm

ooc: Not entirely sure there would be panic per sey, but hey. As long as the guards are no longer beating the civilians... (Estelle, yes they would be somewhat surprised, but as Lycans are common in this world- and these are trained soldiers- they would not attack it without cause...)

Ic:

Murdoch turns around and runs down the stairs, towards the square. He has to help, he supposes- if the bandits get in, there'll be no one to give him his job, or pay him, and he'll likely die as well- and the best way to do that is to take stock of the situation.

As he reaches the town square from the fork that took him to the market street, he spots the soldiers begin to line the walls- smart; the Bandits will likely try to go over the walls first and foremost, and if they succeed, it's game over- and a full contingent of the soldiers are forming a shield wall at the gates. Again, clever; it's a narrow chokepoint, and negates the Bandits advantages in numbers.

He looks around for something to do, and spots a soldier- a captain, from his uniform- directing civilians to construct a barricade partway into the main square. Again, smart; not only use the civilians- there's no escape from here, not really, and you might as well use the labour- but constructing a fall back point. It stops the soldiers getting cut off, and protects the rest of the town from the bandits. He spots a few soldiers hurrying off down the road, and assumes that they are moving to block off the allyways.

Moving up to the soldier, he clears his throat. The Captain looks round.
    "Can I help you, sir?"
    Murdoch nods. "Anything I can do?"
    The captain grunts. "Pray. Other then that, not much. If they get through the shield wall..." he trails off. Murdoch rolls his eyes.
    "I'm good with a weapon. It ok if I help out on the walls?" The captain grunts his consent, and Murdoch inclines his head fractionally. Turning on his heel, he hurries back up to his former vantage point. Some soldiers give him a funny look, but he silences them when he draws his sword.

Standing at the wall, he awaits the main bandit attack as he watches the horde get closer and closer.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:16 pm

Estelle looked down her nose to her left at a guard, probably as young as her escort. He was trembling with a bow in his hands that he obviously didn't know how to handle. She wasn't the best with them, but she never dropped an arrow at least.

"You, soldier, give your bow to someone who knows how to use it," she said looking at him with the chiding sneer of a superior. If she could intimidate him out of using it, then she could do something to trim the numbers of people trying to climb at least.

The teenager...if he even was that, dropped the bow and put his hands up. She took it without question and swept up his quiver as well.

"Help the others steady the wall and bring me some more arrows," she said in the same motion as she strung the bow and fired into the crowd below.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:19 pm

ooc: Again, trained...you know what, never mind. Lets just say that there's a volunteer guard corps stationed there or something...saves me a lot of headaches >Sad
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:29 pm

ooc: I'm only talking about specific men. I'm not generalizing the whole. Razz
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:45 pm

The fire was being contained, slowly, but it was going down. More people that surrounded the small area began helping, and I handed my position off to someone else. Leaving the chain of water, I went towards the front of the city, where the soldiers began to gather and forming positions to fight. Our attackers must be close, or getting closer. If only I could see how many we were faced with, see what hell we've got in store for us tonight.
    Here, there was little panic, and no one running about. The leaders gave their orders, and the soldiers did as instructed, along with civilians that formed along with them in aide. They were lining up the men along the upper walls, and the shield at the gate was being more attended to then the last time. Better preperation? Heavier attack? God! I hated not being able to see what's coming my way. I needed a way uptop, but most buildings and shops that were near the front had locked up, so getting to a roof was out of the question. The walls were my only option to see what was going on, and how much time we actually had. Although, I doubt getting right to the front of the walls were possible, soldiers still had their heads in the dirt when it came to 'who' can fight and 'who' can't. They wouldn't let me up, especially not in a heavily formed area. The sides possibly? It was worth a shot.
    I tried for the left of the city, and found a ladder leading to the upper parts of the walls, this one not being used at the moment. "Get up while I can." I thought to myself, quickly scaling the ladder before I was seen and interupted. If I could stay here till the attack, they couldn't send me down, thus, getting me closer to front, and to the fight. I leaned part of my body out to look towards the front, and at our attackers. My expression went blank, and body almost dropping from the numbest I felt everywhere. Hell was an understatement.
    Loco König
    Loco König

Post by Loco König Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:55 pm

OOC: ROFLMAO!!!!!! Ah, I figured that thise unaccustomed to war would not be used to sudden violence, but then, the entire city is probably used to it by now... oops.

IC: Staying in the alleys, the thief makes good time cutting around the outer edges of the city. The panicked civilians are nowhere near the walls, having moved inward towards their homes in the heart of the city. Nearby, a ragtag group of volunteer guardsmen marches past an opening in the alley; seeing an opportunity to get out there and make a few more coins off the looting, Hawthorn jumps into the rough formation, moving ever closer to the front gate. It seems that the highly trained guards were slightly daunted by the sheer numbers, the volunteer guard had previously seemed more like a figurehead group, to say the least: a way for fathers to brag about their courage and valor without ever setting foot in a battle.

Their idle chatter gave away their nerves, and as they moved around the bend, Hawthorn let out a gasp, he had never seen so many guards clustered in one spot, this was intimidating. His eyes dart around as he frantically looks for an escape route, but he quickly regains control and chides himself, if he were to run now, he would look suspicious... not that the guards would pursue him, but it would be best not to draw undue attention to himself... the best disguise is to look like you belong. He straightens his back and attempts to look proud that he is helping defend the city. As they given their assignments, all hope for any discrete escape is shattered when, to the thief's dismay, he gets stationed on top of the wall.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:18 pm

A solid boom announces the beginnings of the assault on the gates. The boom is repeated several seconds later, and Murdoch allows himself a small glance towards the gate as it buckles ever so slightly under the pressure of the attack.

The heavens open up, then, the low hanging, dark clouds choosing that moment to unleash their watery presents on the victims below. It starts as a small drizzle, making the torches stationed along the wall and streets sputter and spit.

And that is all the time he has to think. The next moment, the Bandits have reached the walls, and the first ladders are being lifted to rest on the walls. One alights in front of Murdoch, and he instantly shoves it over again, not allowing the bandits time to climb it. They obviously haven't got experience besiegeing a city...

That thought is cut off as he notices along the wall that Soldiers are locked in battle with Bandits who did climb the ladder. As he watches, a bandit is skewered by a sword, falling off the ladder, only to be replaced by another one. The ladder is pushed over, but another one soon takes its place. He redirects his attention to the area infront of him, and watches as another ladder- this time with a bandit clinging to the top- thuds on the wall. The ladders being used by the Bandits are long ones, wooden rungs lashed to two metal poles that run parallel to each other. Two large metal hooks swing down to catch onto the inside of the wall, keeping it there. So. They had training.

Murdoch instantly is engaged with a desperate fight in which he is at a disadvantage, the bandit being higher then him. Nonetheless, Murdoch takes an opportunistic stab at the bandits gut after an overcompensated strike, and the bandit falls off. Unfortunately, he is soon replaced with another one,a Humane again, and Murdoch briefly wonders at that. Maybe they're sending the Lycans to attack through the gates? He doesn't have any more time, though, as he is soon engaged yet again by the new arrival.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:06 pm

Estelle sucked her teeth as she shook atop the wall trying to keep her balance. This was messy....really damn messy, but her friend, the rain, was here now. Water and electricity were her specialties when she wasn't...indisposed. She clapped her hands feeling the static in the air building. This was going to be good if she could time it right. For now, she worked on caking the water on the ladders making everything treacherously slippery for the climbing bandits.

"Make my day," she muttered kicking a bandit in the head who was trying to climb up then knocking over the ladder at her feet.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:14 pm

The dreariness of the rain, and the thick landing sounds of the ladders hitting against the walls sparked the battle. Bandits climbed them faster and faster, and I'd yet to been able to get to the action. Unknowingly, the section of the wall I was standing behind did not connect to the ones on the front. I was forced to climb back down the ladder as quickly as I could, running towards the front of the city where the attack was. The people stationed above were doing well, for the time being, not many, if at all, Bandits were reaching the lower levels. I pushed my way into a crowd of other civilians, mostly men whom were wielded with weapons, some better then others. They awaited for the Bandits to make it past the walls up above, as did I, or the gates to break open. I drew out my own weapons, one in each hand and waited amongst them, there was nothing I could do for the moment, not until they got passed, or I got a way up.
    Loco König
    Loco König

Post by Loco König Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:27 pm

Atop the wall, Hawthorn has the fortune of not being directly in front of any of the siege ladders. Unfortunately, he is given a firsthand viewing of a volunteer guardsman's brutal execution; one of the guardsmen who had provided cover for him as he evaded the guards. A sick twinge pulls at his gut; baring his teeth, he charges the exposed bandit, taking him down from his blindside, ramming a knife into his back. He gets up, shaken: he hates when he has to kill anyone; people, no matter who they are, are living history books of years of trials and tribulations, and this one's story just ended abruptly.

A metallic clanging and grunting brings him back to the battle, and he notices that his reckless move had put him directly in front of a ladder, and a bandit head was popping up over the wall. With a flash, there is a channel dividing the bandit's neck, he falls, rasping his final breath through his newfound tracheotomy. Hawthorn, stunned, barely dodges the next comer's slash. He sidesteps, then quickly closes the distance between them and brutally shoves him off the wall into the city. Perhaps he was the first humane bandit to set foot in the city, but the soldiers at the base of the wall ensured that his jubilation was short lived.

The thief staggers away, warily placing himself between two ladders. His respite would not last long; more bandits pour over the wall, and now he is trapped between two. These two are not novice combatants; they don't overextend, they parry his sudden feints and thrusts, and they keep him out of striking range. Hawthorn soon finds himself growing fatigued as this fight continues...
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:31 pm

I'm just waiting for the others, guys, sorry.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:06 pm

I talked to Danny last night and I don't think he'll be returning. He is never able to be on during the week when we all, and is only able to get on at night sometimes. So he's never really on when we're actually roleplaying.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:20 pm

ooc: Oh....ok then.

Ic:

Murdoch growls as yet another Bandit crawls up the ladder. Taking a quick glance either side of him, he can tell that they are only just managing to hold the line. Knocking the Bandit off with a sharp blow to the head, he affords a rapid look behind him; the other wall seems to be holding on as well, and the barricade looks to be almost finished.

As he watches, the gate buckles suddenly, splintering and sending deadly shards of wood into the town square. The gate buckles again, and this time the centre of the gates splinter inwards, leaving a large hole in the gate. One last buckle, and the gates fly inward, knocked off their hinges, and bandits come streaming through the breach. They are met fiercely by the shield wall, which advances to meet them at the chokepoint. Bandit wave after bandit wave pours through, humane and Lycan and even a few Goblins, and even from here, Murdoch can see that they're horribly outnumbered, but they do hold an advantageous position.

He can't afford to think of it any more, though, as yet another bandit crawls over the wall. He almost gets down, but Murdoch skewer him in the stomach, and hurries to undo the hooks that hold onto the wall. He manages to flick one back over, just as a bandit takes a swing at his head.
    He ducks, punching the bandit full in the face. The Bandit falls off, and Murdoch sets to work on the other hook, scrabbling with his fingers, which are rapidly losing feeling in the cold rain. His hair is beginning to cling to his scalp, and it's with one final nail-splitting wrench that he is able to unhook the ladder. Pushing with all his might, he sends it back down the way it came. At least now he can get at least a minute or so's rest.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:39 am

This night continues to get better and better with each moment.. They were threw, swarming in at huge amounts, flooding the ground that stood around us. People were wet, they were cold, and now were defending their lives and their city - Luck was not something we had. So much for my atempts at the wall, the ground was where the action was.

People begin to fan out as they come to us, running and screaming in thoughts of taking us down swiftly. The first at my way came my way with a face quinted up and a hand raised with his weapon. Still 5 feet away I was able to smell the flith and dirt off him, with the rain making the smell seem so much more rotten. He wasn't the biggest of them that I'd seen, but he was a fair enough size for me to feel on edge, even with his weapon being slightly unusual. He held up a thick club, with large charcoal coloured spikes at the top that could take could send your skull flying, and in several pieces.
    I took a step back to gain a better position as he brought down his heavy weapon at my head. Quickly I raised both my weapons, blocking it from smashing in my face. It did it's job in saving me for that moment, but his strength was outweighing my own, quickly. He kept pushing, not letting up and continuing until I was slowly kneeling down from the pressure. Finally, when I got down to being on one knee, he let up, re-raising it high in the air, my guesses is for one last blow. Staying lower down, but getting off my knee I expanded out my arms and brought them in, slashing and cutting his torsoe. Blood spewed out from his cut skin, but didn't do much at first. He groaned in pain, and titled his upper body to hold his torsoe. Before he got in another reaction, from the side I shot up the blade once more, cutting open his throat and sending his body to the large puddles of rain beneath us.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:08 am