Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

+5
Capri
Raven
Engi
Mercy
Dawn
9 posters

The Virus.

Dawn
    Dawn

The Virus. - Page 3 Empty The Virus.

Post by Dawn Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:24 pm

First topic message reminder :

Setting:
    We're in Ogden Marsh, Pierce County, Iowa: Population, 1 206..."friendliest place on earth"...and apparently the towns water supply has been infected by the 'Trixie' virus. After an incubation period of 48 hours, this virus gradually transforms the mental state of the infected into that of cold, calculating, blood-thirsty killers, who then prey on family and neighbor alike.

The virus was produced by ---surprise surprise--- the government to maintain the worlds population...and the towns perimeter is surrounded by the military.
    You never know who might be infected, because for the first 48 hours you have the virus...you act like any normal person...until it slowly rots your brain until all you feel like doing is killing....and there's only one way to find out if you have it before you start getting crazy, and that's an elivated temerature.
    The ones infected by the virus go in 3 stages, 1...they slowly turn crazy and parinoid. 2...their skin starts to disfigure and they get blood-thirsty (those are the ones you have to watch out for) and 3...their skin and body rots until they're mindless hunks of carcass. But who knows how long that'll take?
    So we're the survivors, the 'lucky ones.' The ones who's bodies are imune to the 'Trixie' virus. We don't take it as a miracle, but we don't take it as a curse...We just want to get out of the small town, get past the military men and their guns, and start a new life.
    Because everyone we know...is now dead.

Kinda like a zombie roleplay...but with a twist:)

Basic
    Name: Dawn Summers
    Sex: Female

Features
    Species: Human
    Ethnic: Caucasian
    Skin color: Porcelain, pale.
    Tattoo: Small black key on left wrist.
    Height: 5,0"
    Build: Tiny, fragile looking, doll-like.
    Weight: 96lbs
    Hair (color/style): Soft, dark brown (reddish when in the right light) Elf-lock curls, long.
    Eyes: Aqua/green, bright.

Dressware
    Hat: none
    Shades/glasses: none (sometimes old style, black horn-rimmed sunglasses)
    Jewerly/peircings: ears twice.
    Coat/Jacket: black leather in the fall/ double-breasted forest green jacket in the winter.
    Top: (One of the following) Black/ White V-neck. Dark green/navy american apparel hoodie.
    Bottom: Black skinny jeans.
    Shoes: Converse.

About Character
    Relationship status: Single and not looking.
    Sexuality: Straight.
    Personality: Quiet, mostly antisocial, intelligent, insecure, shy, awkward.
    Hobbies: Snowboarding, Archery, painting/sketching, music, people-watching, books...
    Background/secret: Parents were killed. Drunk driver/ hit and run. They died, I didn't...I'm an extremely personal person, and usually withdraw from social situations. Just moved in with my grandmother, and got a job at the local bar (I claim to be 19).
    Powers: (in a Fantasy) 1-Healing, 2-Water Manipulation, 3-Air Manipulation.
    Prefered weapon: Anything on-hand. Gun belt with 2 pistols on hips (one with a silencer), swiss army knife, lighter.
    Medical disorder: Post traumatic stress disorder.

You may know the survivors around you, but you may not. Strangers considered dangerous, and Friends considered foes. Get out, or die trying.

Role Suggestions (make one if you cannot find one you like):
    New in town: Dawn, Mercy, Raven *
    Brother/Sister: Danny *
    Half infected: Mireva(1st-2nd stage)
    Doesn't give a shit: Skye *
    Town Sherif:
    Sherif's daughter: Capri *
    Child:
    Randomers:
    Mysterious stranger: Kristie *
    Undecided: Alcapon

***NOTE*** respect the rules...etc etc...
    My siblings will have the same backround as me, AKA Alice & Danny your parents are dead too and all three of us are newcomers in this town, alright?

***ANOTHE NOTE***
    Alice is out.

Last edited by Dawn on Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:34 pm; edited 14 times in total
    Dawn
    Dawn

The Virus. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Virus.

Post by Dawn Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:58 pm

I stopped.

Yes, physically I stopped moving. But inside…I just…stopped. Stopped breathing, stopped thinking, everything around me stopped. It was just me. The person in front of me had stopped too. He looked as I felt. He was frozen, like an ice sculpture. Pain buzzed through my mind, and my heart. I felt like I was being ripped in two. He was gone. He had to be. I had accepted that I was the last one…even the thought of Mercy being real was questioning my sanity.

When my parents had died, I had often imagined them. Mum’s voice singing in the kitchen as she made pancakes on a Sunday morning. Dad laughing in the garage as he worked on his car. I guess it was just happening again. Danny couldn’t be real….he couldn’t be alive…

But he had said my name. “Dan…?” I removed the bandana from my mouth and nose slowly, tilting my head to the side like I usually did when I was confused. Raising a violently shaking hand, I took a baby step forward and touched his arm. He was real.

I fainted, sinking to the ground.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:46 pm

I watch the girl faint at the sight of a boy and giggle lightly, "Now that's what I call dramatic."

I look at the boy for a moment, and kneel down to check the girls pulse.

"Nearly gave her a heart attack," I say to the boy named 'Dan' and laugh lightly, "C'mon, let's get to the convient store and maybe we can find some smelling salts... She hit her head, I'm sure it wasn't pleasent."
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:03 pm

I’d like to join, if I may. Who I am.. I’d like to keep secret for now. But for the listing purposes, I’ll be a stranger.

Is that okay?
    Dawn
    Dawn

Post by Dawn Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:20 pm

sounds good to me =)
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:28 pm

Thank you Smile I'll just grab my Bio and post it in my next post. I know this may be a pain.. But could someone brief me on what's currently happening? Where everyone is, what's happening, and anything else important I've missed so I can start?
    Capri
    Capri
    The Zealous Irish-Italian
    The Zealous Irish-Italian

Post by Capri Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:57 pm

I'd finished suiting up to go outside. Four knives in my belt. Pistol on either hip. Shotgun slung over my back.

I needed more supplies. Someone had raided my house the other day. I didn't know who the hell it was, but let's just say, if they were still here when I'd come home...it wouldn't be pretty.

And yes, I knew that there were still survivors around, but most of them are just crazy. Or partially infected.

AS I walked down the darkening street, I was completely alert. The store shouldn't be too far away. But I'd been hearing gun fire and noises nearby. People making to much noise. But that was fine by me. The more they attracted, the more I could get rid of.

Snap. To my left. In the alley I was passing. Without even looking to see what it was, I'd whipped my gun out and fired into the alley. A sound followed. A heavy thudding noise. "Gotcha."

The living-dead man's - well dead-dead man's - feet stuck out from the shadows. Damn, I was getting better at that. I reupholstered my gun, making a mental tally mark.
    Dawn
    Dawn

Post by Dawn Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:33 pm

Nothing is really going on quite yet, Kristie.

Danny, Mercy and myself are in the same place, headed for a Convenience store. That's pretty much it =)
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:39 pm

I blinked my eyes twice, feeling sensitive to the small stream of light that broke through the ripped curtained window on the left side of the room. I soon realized I was lying in a corner, propped against a backpack on the floor of what looked to be a storage room. Most likely in an office building with the sight of boxes piled upon rows and rows of shelving units. I sat up slowly, feeling light headed and breathing in the very stale air of the room. I rubbed my eyes more, and carefully stood up looking around the room. Seeing the design structure of the room, the way walls were placed and noticing another door at the far side, I realized that I wasn’t in an office building. I was standing in the corner of a living room inside a two-story house (Just a guess) that had been cleared out and filled with these boxes. Why? I didn’t give it much thought because really it was of no interest to me. I couldn’t for the life of me recall how I’d ended up in the house, or asleep for that matter.

The last thing I did remember was running down a narrow street from a couple of fully infected people. I looked back, saw that I was gaining in distance from them, turned around and it was as if I’d run straight into an endless wall of black, because that’s all I saw once I’d turned. Next thing I know, here I am. No muscles hurt and I couldn’t feel any bruises so most likely, hopefully, I hadn’t been injured during whatever had happened. I bent down, picked up the backpack and opened the main zipper, looking inside. “Jesus.” I closed it back up, and flung the back onto each shoulder while walking towards the first window. I opened the curtain just enough to see, and couldn’t see or hear anything, or anyone outside. After the partial.. ‘Clean up’ of the infected, I assumed there wouldn’t be much if any left in town, infected or normal. Isn’t that always the case when you try to take care of a pest problem one by one? There’s always a small group.. Even one that escapes the line up. How many had escaped during the clean up, I didn’t know, but I knew at least four of the ones lined up for the clean up had run, and gotten away clean. It was certain though, that the four of them were infected. Peachy.

I left the room, stepping outside to the narrow roads. The house was a thin, but tall town house connected to about 10 more traveling down the block. Low rent district they called these types of homes. The end of the street was a dead end, so that solved my problem of which direction I’d begin walking in. Up ahead, about 200 feet I could see a gas station – Maybe there was a working car.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:53 pm

ooc - I'm so sorry!! I've been busy!! Sorry!

bic - I stood there for a moment, in shock like her. When she fainted, I was so stunned, that I couldn't moved. I just watched her fall. When I was able to move again, it wasn't what I expected.

"Don't touch her!" I snap at the girl, kneeling beside Dawn, pushing the girl away. Without much thinking, I grab and hold onto Dawn, bringing her close to my chest as I slumped over her. Tears started to form in my eyes, but instead of crying, I was laughing. I was happy. "Dawn!" I said in between the laughs/sobs. "Your alive."
    Dawn
    Dawn

Post by Dawn Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:35 pm

Eventually when I came to, he was still there. He was sobbing on me…the gross kind of sob. The kind that ran in our family…the snot-cry. But he was...laughing. I think? It was hard to tell, my brain was still fuzzy. I blinked away the sticky strings of unconsciousness, and felt my lips break into a sheepish smile.

“Is it really you?” I murmured into his shirt, beginning to cry. He smelled like home. A small laugh bubbled through my lips, and that was it for happy emotions. “I thought you were dead….you…Alice…” I blinked, rubbing away the tears and looking up. Only Mercy stood…looking pretty much disgusted.

“Alice…” She wasn’t with him. I assumed the worst, tears welling up in my eyes again. But now wasn’t the time for crying. It would only attract those…things. I wiped my face, untangling from Danny’s vice-grip, but still leaning against him. “I need new supplies. After that…” I sniffled, pulling myself together and placing the bandana back over my nose. “After that, I renovated one of these houses so no one can get in if I don’t want them to.” I shoved my hands in my pockets, hating how my voice shook with every other word. Danny was alive! I was kinda happy that no one could see my faint smile under my bandana.

Standing, I took a few breaths and brushed myself off. I’d hit my head when I’d oh-so-gracefully passed out. That would bruise. I raised my hand to the spot, beginning to walk toward the Quick-E-Mart but not letting Dan get out of my line of view. “Ow…”
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:20 pm

I raise an eyebrow at 'Dan' and roll my eyes slightly, "Alright, I won't ruin your family moment." I grumble darkly.

I watch them cry a bit over each other and my eyes soften a bit. What if I was running towards *my* little brother right now, what if I was holding him in my arms and we were spinning around and laughing... Tears slowly well up in my eyes and I blink them away slowly, the fantasy fading away like dust in the wind.

My eyes follow her and then back to Danny, "Congrats." I say quietly, blinking away tears.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:10 pm

The store connecting to the gas station was stocked, barely touched but the power cut – Obviously. I’d already broken open the cash register, taken was little cash was inside and stored it away for when, if, I made it out of this town. I would need to pay my way into somewhere till I got settled. The main compartment of my bag was full, so I begun loading up the front and side pouch with water bottles, as many as I possibly could. Using some plastic bags from behind the desk, I went around the store looking for foods that would help me along the way. These types of places sold things like jerky, nuts, crackers, sometimes even bread. I took only a small amount of the junk food, for if I needed the extra boost of sugar, everything else, I left.

Parked outside, sitting in front of a gas tank was a black jeep with all four doors wide open on it. The people were in a hurry to get away I suppose, or were taken in a hurry. I set down the bags and my backpack on the ground behind me, and climbed into the driver’s seat looking for a set of keys either in the ignition or somewhere around the vehicle. Who leaves their car with all the doors open, but takes their keys? Idiots. I stepped out of the car and looked under the steering wheel for something to rip at to get to the wires. I’ve never hotwired a car, nor do I even know how to, but putting a couple wires together couldn’t be that difficult? I remember in a movie that you grabbed two wires, cut them, stripped them down and something was suppose to happen.

Once I got a better look up at it, I saw that it had already been tampered with once before. The wires were all already cut and stripped, everyone of them. Someone must have been having the same trouble as me, not knowing what they’re doing. I grabbed two, one in each hand, a blue and yellow. “Just don’t get electrocuted.. Just don’t get electrocuted.” The moment the wires touched, the horn of the vehicle wailed and released a booming echo inside and out of the car. I dropped them and the sound stopped – Apparently I grabbed the wrong wires.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:06 pm

ooc - ahh where's danny
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:43 pm

ooc - SORRY GUYS! I'VE BEEN SWAMPED WITH WORK! Both with school and.... well, at work. I'm really sorry I haven't been on in a while. I'm not sure how often I'll be on for now. I'm going to have to drop out of the role play. I'm really sorry guys!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:09 am