Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

2 posters

The new kid - One on one.

Dawn
    Dawn

The new kid - One on one. Empty The new kid - One on one.

Post by Dawn Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:51 pm

One on one =)

A year and a half ago our school lost its star Running back to a car accident. The entire school mourned his lost and only just started to recover.

A new kid (You) moves into town and tries out for the football team and makes it as our new Running back. The team is starting to win again and may even go to state because of you. You've become the school's golden boy, every girl wants and every guy wants to be you.

Me on the other hand, I'm the girl who lost everything. After my boyfriend died, I stopped caring about pretty much everything. Everywhere I go everyone, gets quiet and start whispering about me. I lost my ability to care about school pride, when I was once head-cheerleader.

You really know nothing about me, just the sad girl running around school mourning her dead boyfriend. What will happen when we are paired up as lab partners for Chemistry? Will you think I hate you? Or will you actually break through the wall I've built up?

Bio:

https://anonymatrix.forumotion.com/t710-other-bio-dawn#20965
    AsherJayden
    AsherJayden

The new kid - One on one. Empty Re: The new kid - One on one.

Post by AsherJayden Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:55 pm

Hola mi amiga. Que pasa?
    Dawn
    Dawn

Post by Dawn Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:09 pm

english, ashbash, enlgish =3
    AsherJayden
    AsherJayden

Post by AsherJayden Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:12 pm

haha what's up? Razz
    Dawn
    Dawn

Post by Dawn Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:15 pm

Just bored.
    AsherJayden
    AsherJayden

Post by AsherJayden Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:20 pm

me too. my bio is in my sig. let's start this baby up!
    Dawn
    Dawn

Post by Dawn Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:28 pm

Okey dokey =3
    bic:

I cringed, hearing my alarm clock switch on, and the cheery Radio voice telling me about what music was playing. Keeping my eyes squeezed closed, I hugged my knees to myself, trying to keep the moments of peace between sleep and awakening. My dream had been about Chris. It was the usual nightmare of losing him…over and over…

Groaning faintly, I threw the covers off my legs, walking to my closet and dressing for school. I didn’t need makeup, nor want it. Haunted eyes stared back at me in the mirror, and I grimaced. I looked like a ghost.

Grabbing my iPod and cell, I shrugged my mangy old black backpack over one shoulder, shrugged my hood up, shoved my hands in my pockets and began my gloomy walk to school, not bothering to say good morning to my Dad, who was sitting in the kitchen reading the paper.
    AsherJayden
    AsherJayden

Post by AsherJayden Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:55 pm

By 6 O' Clock I was already showered, dressed, and fed. I couldn't sleep at all knowing that today would be the day that I created a name for myself at school.

I hated being the new kid. This was the third time I had moved in the past four months. I was so tired of it. I wasn't moving again. I had already told my parents. When 7 am came around, I grabbed my things and my bag. I headed out to my new car. A bribe from my step father to make me like him more. I didn't but I'd pretend if it meant I'd get things.

I got in my car and made my way to school. I stopped in a parking spot that I hope to God was available. I grabbed my bag from the next seat and got out of my car, locking it behind me. I started to make my way inside to grab my new books and schedule.
    Dawn
    Dawn

Post by Dawn Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:09 pm

I liked the silence of the walk, but once I got to the parking lot I could hear the deafening hush. It would always happen when I walked by. Pity was in their eyes, mourning, more pity…They all knew that when Chris died, so did I.

I blocked them out, blasting my iPod on something that would distract me, walking to my first class. I noticed that the school was having auditions for the new Running back today, the posters littered the walls. I had to remember to breathe.
    AsherJayden
    AsherJayden

Post by AsherJayden Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:25 pm

I got my schedule and books. I also got my locker number and code. I went on a scavenger hunt looking for it. I asked around and eventually found it. I stuffed the books in the locker and then slammed it shut.

A flyer came flying out to me from the locker next to me. It landed at my feet and I looked down. Running Back Try-outs. I smiled lightly and folded up the paper, putting it in my pocket. I then took out my schedule and started looking for my first class.
    AsherJayden
    AsherJayden

Post by AsherJayden Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:26 pm

ooc: DAWWWNNNYYYYY IM SOO SORRRYYY. The past few days I've been wanting to ask if we had a rp together but haven't. I went to go look for it and I felt so bad when i realized that i had forgot about it. :[
    Dawn
    Dawn

Post by Dawn Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:34 pm

Don't worry about it ashbash =)
    Dawn
    Dawn

Post by Dawn Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:40 pm

I barely noticed when the first bell rang. I simply doodled in the margin of my notebook until I actually had to start taking notes. I used to always doodle hearts and flowers...happy things. I didn’t bother anymore. My sketches were always as dark as I felt these days. The doodle I’d just finished was a sketch of one of those football tryout posters ripped in half.

Who ever had enough balls to try out this year was either going to be the new golden boy, or a total idiot.
    AsherJayden
    AsherJayden

Post by AsherJayden Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:56 pm

I walked into Chemistry and walked up the teacher's desk. A petite woman was sitting at the desk, her tired eyes looking over her glasses down at a stack of papers on her desk. She sighed and looked up to me. "Yes?" I looked around and then at her. "Hm," I cleared my throat. "I'm Asher. New student." I said handing her my papers. She nodded then stood, as she started to introduce me to the rest of the class.
    Dawn
    Dawn

Post by Dawn Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:15 pm

New kid.
    I didn’t even bother looking up, just sunk lower into my seat, glancing over to the empty chair beside me and making a face. There were only two empty seats in the class, next to the two people no one wanted to sit with on the first day a few months ago. One was beside me, the depressed, ex-cheerleader, and one beside this kid named Spencer. Snotty Spencer, people would call him, because he was a gross nerd who picked his nose and sneezed a lot.

I crossed the fingers of my hand that wasn’t holding a pencil that the newbie would chose to be friendly to Snot-ball over there, rather than me. After all, I didn’t want to make this guy’s first day a bad one.
    AsherJayden
    AsherJayden

Post by AsherJayden Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:59 pm

After she embarrassed me, my teacher allowed me to take a seat in one of the two available one. I turned to see where the seats were. I saw one next to a boy with his finger deep in his nose, I swear he touched his brain, and another next to a girl slumped in her seat. Neither seemed appealing but I'd rather sit next to a depressed girl than a snot boy.

I walked to the back of the class room and sat down next to the girl. I didn't say a single word. I just sat down, put my stuff down, took out a pen and a notebook and got ready to write notes.
    Dawn
    Dawn

Post by Dawn Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:15 pm

I smiled faintly. Not a real smile. I hadn’t smiled since Chris…
    But just something to myself. This guy knew how to mind his own beeswax. I thought he was going to be all friendly, one of those guys who asked me what’s up without there being the pity in his eyes. I felt my smile drop as I doodled absently. I missed that. I missed when people used to just be nice to me, no catch. But now, people would just talk to me, glassy-eyed, as if I wasn’t even there. That, or they would look at me as if I was a fragile china doll who would shatter at the tiniest word.
    I stared down at my paper, flipping to a new notebook page because this one was all taken up. I missed people…
    I snuck a peek at my new neighbor, his name already forgotten in my mind.
    AsherJayden
    AsherJayden

Post by AsherJayden Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:18 pm

I looked over to the girl doodling beside me. My pen had run out of ink when I tried to write on my piece of paper. I turned to her and softly spoke. "Hey, sorry to bother. But can I borrow a pen or pencil?" I paused. "I'll give it back before the period is over." I said.
    Dawn
    Dawn

Post by Dawn Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:41 pm

I gave the guy a quizzical look. He was talking to me? I took out a blue pen, handed it to him and turned back to my notebook , taking my hood down so I wouldn’t get a lecture from the old bat teaching this class.
    “Keep it.” I told him, looking up at the desk beside Snotty Spencer and biting my lip, against a smile. The kid looked just fine on his own, digging for gold I guess.

Ms. Mason put a box on the front desk, then removed the plastic, revealing a Lab. “Now, students. We’ll start out with a simple question, what is this?”

I almost rolled my eyes, writing down Bunsen-burner in neat printing in my notebook, but not risking raising my hand. “No one?” She signed, giving the answer. I looked down at my page, putting my palm on my cheek and waiting for the bell.
    AsherJayden
    AsherJayden

Post by AsherJayden Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:15 pm

I got bored as Ms. Mason kept going with the stupid questions. I let out a deep breath and set my arms on the desk and rested my forehead on my forearms.

The bell rang and my head shot up. Ms. Mason started yelling out homework as people started to flood out of the classroom. I stood up and packed my things in my bag and flung my backpack over my shoulder as I started to walk out of the classroom.
    Dawn
    Dawn

Post by Dawn Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:31 pm

I completely forgot about Chemistry, going about the rest of my day normally. Well, normal for me. By the end of the day, guys were walking down the hall in groups, holding the Running Back posters, twitchy girls following them with bubbly smiles and loud, lip gloss covered giggles. I shut my locker, walking past the wave of students to the front doors, shrugging my backpack over my shoulder and walking down the steps.

I looked to my right, where the football field sat, bright lights attracting a few students. I looked to my left, where the direction of my home was. I bit my lip, rocking back and forth on my heels, and heading toward the field. It would only hurt more to avoid it…right?

Choosing a seat in the bleachers, up top where the lights weren’t so painful, I plopped my bag down beside me, tugged out a good book and peeked up at the field every few minutes, seeing who was willing to risk their reputation to be one of two things: A school hero, or a washed out wannabe.
    AsherJayden
    AsherJayden

Post by AsherJayden Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:26 am

Once the last bell rang, I had jumped out of my seat and rushed out the door. I went to my car, grabbed my gear that rarely ever left the trunk of my car and headed towards the field. There was a sign being held by a boy covered in towels that read: Put on your gear and be back on the field in 10.

I held my gear bag closer to my body and turned walking towards the locker rooms. I went inside, it was somewhat empty. I wondered why no one had wanted to try out. Maybe they were just a little late, I thought to myself as I started to strip my school clothes and put on my gear. I went back to the field with 5 minutes to spare. I started to run a few laps.
    Dawn
    Dawn

Post by Dawn Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:33 pm

It was the new kid, what’s-his-face who borrowed my pen. I raised an eyebrow, leaning forward in my bleacher seat. He was the first one out, and I began to question myself. If he were to be the new Running back, it probably would make a new name for him. He was just the new kid, right now.

He had the body of a Running back…so much that I almost thought it was Chris on the field. I bit my lip, getting the odd feeling in my tummy of hope. Maybe…

Maybe this guy would bring us out of the rut. Bring the school to victory. Or at least that’s what I was mostly thinking. In the back of my mind, I began to wonder if maybe he could bring the old Dawn back…
    AsherJayden
    AsherJayden

Post by AsherJayden Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:05 pm

I had taken 3 laps before everyone, including the coach came out to the field. He started yelling something in my direction. I finished my lap and went his way. He noticed I was in gear and dropped his expression, even though it was already a frown.

"What on earth are you doin' boy?" He asked, with a deep southern accent. I looked at him and took a few deep breaths, the kid holding the sign came up to me with a water bottle, I took it and thanked him.

"I was running laps." I paused drinking a little water. "No one was here when I came out for the Running Back audition.. So I decided to run a little." I responded squeezing the water into my mouth upon the end of my sentence.
    Dawn
    Dawn

Post by Dawn Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:17 pm

I pretended to stick my nose in my book, peeking up at the ruckus that was going on in the field. Coach was talking to the new kid…and he didn’t look happy, as per usual. I bit my lip. He seemed like the only hope left for this school. Either he was doing this to make a name, for the love of the sport, or he was a total lunatic.

I could almost hear the Coach’s voice shouting in my ear as he spoke to the kid, his chin high, chest puffed out.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:56 pm