Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

+4
Danny
Allen
Murdoch
Mercy
8 posters

Ruby in the Smoke [1800's RP -- Limited amount of spots. First come, first serve.]

Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Ruby in the Smoke [1800's RP -- Limited amount of spots. First come, first serve.] - Page 3 Empty Ruby in the Smoke [1800's RP -- Limited amount of spots. First come, first serve.]

Post by Mercy Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:22 pm

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to 1800’s New Orleans, the pumping heart of jazz, and obscure voodoo magic. Full of spiritual hauntings and tall tales of witch craft. This is the city that keeps moving till all hours of the night, and into the early mornings. It is a city of class, elegance, and a secret undertone of danger lurking around corners, voodoo shops, palm readings, and dark arts magicians.

Five people, called the Protectors, gather in a restaurant to discuss one thing: The Ruby. The Ruby was forged by four great mages over a thousand years ago, all containing a different power. They have passed this Ruby down from generation to generation. There had never been a problem before this, the Ruby had been kept hidden for over a thousand years. There had been tales told, but no one had ever seen it. Until just a few weeks ago, one broke into the sacred temple and stole the Ruby right from its place. Of course, there was a battle and one of the mages was smart, and decided to change the Ruby’s form before the intruder could grab it.

What is this form, you may ask? It is the form of a young seventeen year old girl. Normally wearing a black cape and a jewel encrusted choker with a red ruby droplet hanging off of it. The mage who did this, also altered the mind of a young man to believe the Ruby is his little sister.

But, while this meeting of the five Protectors is taking place, another one is happening just around the corner... A meeting of some of the best Dark Arts magicians are joining together to try and steal the Ruby...

So choose your side, your power [up to 3 powers max], and choose wisely and let the games begin.

Rules:

Don’t be a Mary-Sue please
    Don’t pull a Houdini that’s mean
    Please respect the other RPers
    Yeah you know the rest.
    Try to vary your powers and roles...
    This is set in the 1800's no belly shirts and tight jeans....

ROLES:

The Ruby: Mercy [me]

The Ruby’s ‘Older Brother’: Danny

Protectors [5]: Allen, Christina Langley [Alexis], Brandon

Dark Arts Magicians [5]: Nergal+Durge [Murdoch], Skye, Capri

Last edited by Mercy on Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:07 pm; edited 9 times in total
    Allen
    Allen
    Admin's Pet
    Admin's Pet

Ruby in the Smoke [1800's RP -- Limited amount of spots. First come, first serve.] - Page 3 Empty Re: Ruby in the Smoke [1800's RP -- Limited amount of spots. First come, first serve.]

Post by Allen Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:22 pm

"Name?" the man asked in a condescending tone.

I looked up from the dust on the loading dock. People busily moved about their days, yelling in French at one another, workers moving cargo from the ships at port. Sailors just waking up from a long night of booze and poon.

The sweet smell of foreign herbs and the stench of sweat, and livestock all mingled together.

"Name!" The tall Acadian standing in front of me demanded angrily. He was dressed in leather, and looked clean despite the filth of the Habitants wandering around.

I stumbled over my tongue, struggling to think of a distinctly french sounding name. Or at least the translation for Garret.

"Garret Miller." I shrugged in direct response to the man's telling sneer.

"American." He said in a distinctly disgusted tone of English. His Francophone accent sounded of phlegm and self-righteous fever.

"No, New France."

He smirked in response.

"Not New France no more," He said, in mocking lament, "Either way, you stay out of the trouble. What's your business?"

My first instinct was to shrug. My directions from the organization that had hired me were vague. Simply check on a "Miss Thompson", and make sure the group watching over her were in good shape.

"Meeting a friend." I heard myself answering.

"I know some who come in." Gone was the edge from his voice. Replaced by suspicious one.

"...Er, Langley." I said quickly.

"Right, another immigrant." He muttered in French, expecting me to not understand it.

"Come in." He said in English extending gesturing for me to leave him.

"Damned port authority..." I spluttered in English.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Ruby in the Smoke [1800's RP -- Limited amount of spots. First come, first serve.] - Page 3 Empty Re: Ruby in the Smoke [1800's RP -- Limited amount of spots. First come, first serve.]

Post by Mercy Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:12 pm

I had always admired Danny's powers, it was a little family secret of ours. I smile as he trips the man back into the alley and hold onto him tightly.

"The local pub." I said, chewing slightly on my lower lip. I keep up with Danny's steady pace as we walk down the deserted street.
    Alexis
    Alexis

Post by Alexis Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:25 pm

When focusing too much on scenery, it becomes easy to ignore the things blatantly in front of you. It came as a sudden shock to Christina as there was a sudden grip on her forearm. Clearly, the man now standing in front of her had been trying to get her attention for some time. The touch made her nervous, and she squirmed, the large, rough hand didn’t move. The other voices had all been scenery, and she hadn’t noticed any of the voices where actually talking to her. The cloth tucked on the inside of her sleeve began to itch slightly. There was little she could do.

“Why don’t you let me buy you a drink?” The words were polite, the thoughts more sinister. Looking up at him, her glance quickly shifted downwards. Dark features, tanned skin, but small. Not that made much of a difference, if it came to physical confrontation, there would be very little Christina could do. There seemed to be a growing smell of dried mud and sweat. Whether the rotting smell was physically with the man, or simply her own mental perception was impossible to tell. She reached her hand out across the bar table, calling attention to the bartender as she slowly responded.

“I’m fine thank you,” her voice was quiet, and varying in tones, as she was never sure which to use. There were few things that Christina understood when it came to normal human interaction. The phrase however was firm, and the grip melted off her arm as the man no doubt saw the bartender look close. Her arm stopped itching. Her knife, was tightly warped in cloth around her arm. The fact that she even had a knife was astounding; she had stolen it from the storekeeper when she had pretended to be a boy. In these streets it was worth its weight in gold. Few could afford weapons, and even a simple kitchen knife was more valuable than food.

“Can I help you with something?” The bartender this time, he was not all together pleased with the still empty place in front of her. She silently place two dimes on the counter. The last of her money, but there would be more tomorrow. The two gleaming silver pieces were gone before they touched the table and the bartender disappeared. Had she come to the wrong place? That would be hard to prove if no one came. Perhaps she had missed a message. Unlikely, but possible. Staring down at her lap again, Christina let her mind sink back into the array of voices that filled the large room.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:10 pm

"Take us." Was all Danny muttered as they walked away from the scene. As long as Mercy was safe, not much else matter. It was just something he couldn't help. "You okay?" he asked after a while. Danny followed Mercy, leading him to the pub she wanted to go to.
    Brandon
    Brandon
    Brandy Maxy
    Brandy Maxy

Post by Brandon Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:32 pm

ooc: Nevermind. I'm not the best magician...lol and idk how to get into this one. Maybe next time. Razz
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:04 pm

We walk a little ways down the road, and enter the local pub. I take a natural 360 look of the pub and step inside, drunken men stumbling by. I can't help but giggle.

I felt bad, Danny was never the social butterfly... I turn to him with a small smile, keeping the door open for him as he walked in.
    Capri
    Capri
    The Zealous Irish-Italian
    The Zealous Irish-Italian

Post by Capri Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:32 pm

Knowing what was coming before her senses even detected it, she turned, one black eyebrow barely raised in question as the magician appeared. Oh, that's how he played, was it? Carlotta almost smirked to herself, but she kept her face hard and blank as she quietly but swiftly stood and followed him. "Delighted to," she said quietly. He was probably able to detect the slightest amount of sarcasm.

Sure, he could probably see through her Facade better than anyone else, but she was stubborn. Very stubborn. Anyone who'd ever seen her face actually lose its chilly expression had not lived to tell the tale.

OOC- XD No, Skye, darling. I was talking about some random prostitute.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:03 am

ooc - sorry guys! I've been extremely busy! I hope I haven't been holding everyone up for too long!

bic - Danny gave a tiny bow as Mercy held the door open for him. He never liked the idea of a pub, or anything of the sort. He never understood why anyone would like to be crowded into a tiny space nor why people would love to get piss drunk. However, Mercy liked it, so he had to put any negative feelings away for now.

Danny wasn't far from Mercy as they walked around the bar. Danny was constantly stepping around people, even one who was passed out near the toilets. Again, he never understood.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:47 pm