Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

2 posters

One on One with a Guy

Cass
    Cass

Read Me One on One with a Guy

Post by Cass Tue May 31, 2011 3:04 pm

You and I used to be the school's famous couple. Inseparable, madly in love, that kind of thing you know? And then, in the middle of senior year, you break up with me. The day after the break up, I "left for Europe." Truth was, I was pregnant and it is yours, and since you broke up with me the day I was going to tell you, I decided not to tell you anymore. I thought that I could keep the baby hidden from you. By moving to a different city that’s three hours away, and that's where I had the baby. (insert baby's name here) and she just about to turn three, and I'm back in town because of a family reunion for two weeks. What will happen if we run into each other??

Name: Cassidy Jo Clemons
    Physical Appearance -
    Eyes: Blue
    Hair: I’m a ginger. It goes to about my mid back. I’ve got bangs, you know like you all had when you were little?
    Height: I’m about 5’6.
    Body Type: I’ve got curves. I’ve got an athletic build.
    Clothing -
    In the summer I normally wear shorts, Jesus sandals, and a tank top. This may vary depending on the roleplay.
    Personal Attributes:
    I’m typically nice, but if you get on my bad side I’m not. I find myself stating my opinion if I find it needed, even if it’s not needed really. I’m quite a lot, but once again if my input is needed, I’ll say it.
    Adolpho
    Adolpho

Read Me Re: One on One with a Guy

Post by Adolpho Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:40 am

Name: Trent Myers
    Physical Appearance-
    Eyes:Hazel
    Hair:Buzzed short, with slightly longer mo-hawk that is kept at less than an inch.
    Height:5'10"
    Weight:185
    Skin color: Light brown
    Body Type: Too muscular to be healthy; used steroids for several months, but was forced to stop when he began having problems with his blood pressure resulting in him being hospitalized. Extremely attractive and knows it.
    Clothing-
    Normally will wear a collared shirt over top of a wife-beater, complete with Jean's and a belt. In the summer he'll either wear just a beater, or go shirtless with shorts.
    Personal Attributes:
    Extremely cocky. Generally jumps from girl to girl, but hasn't gone on more than one date with any girl since Cass. If you ask him he'd say he prefers it that way. Has been working at a coal mine since high-school.

Trent:
    Spoiler:

Photo is obviously shopped, but I had to make it fit the character, so sue me Razz

Last edited by Adolpho on Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added photo)
    Cass
    Cass

Post by Cass Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:56 pm

Hey, thanks for joining
    Adolpho
    Adolpho

Post by Adolpho Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:19 pm

No problem, lets begin
    Cass
    Cass

Post by Cass Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:21 pm

"Ivy, honey, come on, please listen to momma," I say to my three year old, trying to get her attention. She squirms in her carseat while I rest my hands on her arms. "Baby, everything's going to be alright," I murmer. We were about to enter with who knows how many people she didn't know. I push her bag up my arm as I unbuckle her seat and pick her up in my arms. "Don't worry, honey. Mommy's going to be right here," I whisper in her ear as I close the car door with my hip.
    I push her up father on my hip, she was defintaly getting to big for me to be holding her. She rested her head on my shoulder, her hair falling. Her hazel eyes, the same as her dad's, rested on what laid ahead - a place she's never been before.
    I make my way up to the building, myself growing nervous. Not many of my family knew about Ivy and I. They had no idea Ivy didn't know her father.
    Adolpho
    Adolpho

Post by Adolpho Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:31 pm

"Dude there is no way I'm going to that," Trent protested. His friend Jake was trying to hook up with some Red-headed girl from out of town that he met at the bar. She had been reluctant to talk to Jake at first, but eventually caved and said she was actually in town for a family reunion because her Grandpa was turning 80. She said it would probably be pretty boring anyways, so she wouldn't mind some company. Jake jumped on the opportunity. But being rig-pig, he sucked at formal occasions, so he needed Trent to come along, even just for a bit, just to make sure he fit it. Trent did better in a suit, it seemed to fit him as if he were born to be a businessman, but reunions weren't his scene. He'd fight this one to his grave. "C'mon man, maybe we'll even find a girl there that you can get to the second date with." Trent grunted, there was no way in hell...
    Cass
    Cass

Post by Cass Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:36 pm

Ivy clung to my dress, she was strong for an almost three year old, as we entered the building. "Look, there's Grandma, Ivy," I said, pointing towards my mom. "Do you want to go say 'hi' to Grandma, Ivy?" I ask. She nods her head and we make our way towards my mom.
    "Cassidy, honey! And look, Ivy!" My mom exclaims as she sees us, reaching for Ivy. Ivy reaches out for her grandma and I hand her over.
    "Hey, mom," I say, looking around.
    "Don't worry dear, everyone's looking at dad," she says. I nod, taking a deep breath. "They were going to have to find out sometime, you know?"
    "I know, mom. I just wanted it to be differently," I say, looking down at my feet.
    "It'll be alright," she says again, patting my shoulder.
    Adolpho
    Adolpho

Post by Adolpho Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:50 pm

"You gotta at least help me find something to wear." They had been playing Call of Duty for a solid three hours with the nursed a couple Molsons each and gnawed at some pizza they just ordered. Jake still wouldn't shut up about this chick. "I'll owe you big time if you help me out on this, I need a wing man! That's gotta be in the bro-code somewhere." Trent finally caved, "one hour, we'll go, crash the party, meet your fancy red-head, then leave before they start opening the presents."
    "Fair enough, one hours is all I need, lend me a suit."
    "We'll stop my house on the way, you're driving though, I plan on getting smashed on expensive champagne." Trent managed a grin, maybe this shin-dig wouldn't be so awful...

Last edited by Adolpho on Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Cass
    Cass

Post by Cass Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:56 pm

A group of women came over, ones I didn't recognize. "Hello, Cassidy is it?" a plump one with graying hair says to me.
    "Yes, and you are?" I ask, slightly embaressed.
    "I'm your Great Aunt Cila. I remember when you used to be this tall," she says, gesturing to around her knee.
    I nod. "Well, nice to see you," I say.
    "Oh and who is this?" she cooes at Ivy.
    Ivy turns her head, tucking it under my mom's hair. "This is...Ivy. She's my daughter," I say.
    "Your daughter? My," the woman shakes her. The other two are obviously astonished as well. "How old is she?"
    "Almost three," I mutter.
    "You had her when you were eighteen?"
    "Yes," I say. "But I love her just as much."
    "Oh dear, no, no. It's fine, hun." She puts her hand on my arm. "Where's her father?"
    "I...I don't know. I haven't seen him in three years," I say.
    She nods. "Was this boy your boyfriend?" I nod. "Ah, well, he's really missing out on a beautiful girl's life."
    "Thanks," I say, blushing.
    Adolpho
    Adolpho

Post by Adolpho Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:11 pm

Jake stares into the mirror, blank expression on his face. He doesn't look natural in a penguin suit. Never did. He runs his fingers through his short black hair. Unsatisfied he reaches for his hair-gel and squirts an unhealthy portion into the palm of his hand. Dipping his fingers into it he runs them into his hair again. Jake frowns, and continues to attempt to mold his hair. Frustrated, he settles on spikes. As he washes the remaining gel off of his hands he begins to check himself out in the mirror. "Not bad, not bad" He thinks. "Now what lady in their right mind wouldn't want a piece of this!"
    "I take it you're ready then." Trent said calmly as he leaned against the door of the bathroom.
    Jake nearly jumped a foot. "Holy crap! How long have you been there?" Trent just rolled his eyes and walk out of the room, jingling his keys. Jake took a deep breath, "Ya, I'm ready."
    "Good, because I do believe we're late now."
    Cass
    Cass

Post by Cass Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:15 pm

The women embrace my mother and me and walk off. "See, darling, everything's going to be alright. No need to worry," my mom says.
    "I know mom, no need to worry," I say. I bite my lip as I look towards the door. I had told a guy about the reuion the other day, he said he was going to show up. But there was no sign of him yet.
    "You looking for someone?" my mom asks.
    "What? Oh, no," I say. "Just..." I trail off. How was I supposed to finish that?
    "Alright, well, if it's alright, I'm going to introduce Miss Ivy to everyone," she says.
    I nod. "It's fine mother. Just...don't explain to much, okay?"
    Cass
    Cass

Post by Cass Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:21 pm

ooc: Mmk, I've g2g. I hope we can keep this going.
    Adolpho
    Adolpho

Post by Adolpho Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:30 pm

Okay... Interesting twist, I kinda thought that Jake was hooking up with one of Cass's relatives, but we can roll with this. Wink

They probably couldn't have pick a more awkward time to burst through the doors. Some old guy (presumably the Grandpa) had just received the whole rooms attention, and it looked as though he was about to give a toast. It was bright outside, and the light from the door nearly blinded everyone from the room. All eyes turned. The two stood frozen in the door way for about 5 seconds; it felt like a lifetime to Jake. Then Trent, being a social butterfly, took off towards a fancy dressed man carrying a round of champagne, grabbed a glass, then sat down at a table of younger ladies. He looked back and winked at Jake. His face showed that he was un-phased by what just happened, or he had already forgotten it.

Jake managed to slink around the corner and lean against the wall by the door. Both doors banged shut, quieting the room once more. Then the old guy, slim-looking guy standing up with his fork still next to his glass began to speak again. Jake breathed a sigh of relief and began to scan the room for his date.
    Adolpho
    Adolpho

Post by Adolpho Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:41 pm

Gotta go, I like it so far. We shall continue later.
    Cass
    Cass

Post by Cass Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:48 pm

Well, I didn't know you were aiming at that. Sorry

My head goes to the door as I hear it open. There he was, Jake, the guy I had asked to come with me. I begin to walk towards the corner where I see him, but something hits me. The guy that was with him, looked familiar. Instead of going up to Jake, I go up to his friend.
    Of course, I think once I get to the table, this just had to be his friend. Trying to ignore Trent, I back away and start walking towards Jake. "Hey Jake," I say, smiling when I see him. I throw my arms around his neck and hug him. I'll make Trent regret breaking up with me.
    Cass
    Cass

Post by Cass Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:32 pm

Hey, are we going to continue?
    Adolpho
    Adolpho

Post by Adolpho Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:44 pm

Trent sits at his table, oblivious to the fact that his high-school sweetheart is not only here, but that he is attending her family reunion. He could actually get used to this. Trent make a mental note to crash more family reunions with hot girls whenever he gets the chance. A particularly hot red-head catches his eye. Her name tag reads: Monica. After a little playful banter between the two of them, she asks for his number.
    "My! I amaze myself sometimes," Trent thinks to himself. After putting it into her phone she gets pulled away by an elderly looking guest, something about bringing out the cake. But within 5 minutes Trent gets a text from her. He opens his phone and reads it. "Monica Clemons ;]" Trent's face lightens three shades. His eyes dart around the room, looking for Cass. He focuses on someone he remembers, Cass's Dad. "Not good" He mutters. A girl on his right turns to ask if he's okay, but he's already gotten up. "Find Jake, avoid Cass, abort party," simple plan. Jake see's Trent first and motions for him to come over, but Trent's eyes are looking one seat over, at Cass. Both of their eyes meet for about a second. Trent feels a pang in his heart, and his knees grow weak. He is forced to sit down in an empty chair, then pretends to start tying his shoe to hide his face. "Cass is with Jake! What's worse, I may still feel something for her. I nearly fainted just by looking at her!" Trent's head is swimming, he know he can't stand up just yet or he will faint.
    "Trent Myers? Whatever are you doing here?" Trent recognizes the voice as Cassidy's Dad, but ignores it, he stands up and b-lines it to the door. Things couldn't possibly have gone worse. Trent jumps into his car and drives off. "Jake can walk for all I care."
    Cass
    Cass

Post by Cass Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:47 am

We sit down at a table with a couple of my cousins, my mom was passing Ivy around. I look up at Jake as he waves someone over. My eyes meet the person who he is waving over, Trent. My breath catches, I feel...light headed. I was obviously not ready for this, not ready to face Trent. But he bent down, it seemed like he was tying his shoe. I just sit there as he darts out the door, ignoring my dad.
    My dad begins to walk over to the table where I'm sitting. "Hey Cassidy?" He asks me.
    "Yes dad?" I ask, looking up through my hair.
    "Why was your ex here, Trent was it?"
    I feel Jake's eyes on me. I look up at my dad. "I guess Jake here brought him." I shrug.
    Jake grabs my arm, sending me a look that says we need to talk. After my dad leaves, seeming satisfied, Jake and I go out to the back to talk. "Trent's your ex?" he asks, right off the bat.
    May as well get over with it. "Yeah. We dated all through high school, but he broke up with me our senior year. Our school thought we would be together forever," I say.
    "I should leave, shouldn't I?"
    "Look, Jake, I don't care about him anymore." He's just the father of my child, I add quietly in my head.
    "I should leave. Bye, Cassidy. Maybe I'll see you again," he says, giving me a hug and walks off.
    Adolpho
    Adolpho

Post by Adolpho Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:39 pm

Going to switch into first person. I think that's better.
    Adolpho
    Adolpho

Post by Adolpho Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:04 am

As I hit the highway on the way home it starts to rain pretty hard. I flip on my wipers to full speed. My foot presses harder into the gas pedal. The engine begins to roar. "Some nerve Jake's got," I say as I slam my fist into the steering wheel. The horn blares. "Bringing my to the family reunion of the one girl that ever meant anything to me." I thought about that, it wasn't entirely true, but honestly, it felt good to think that right now. The gas pedal reached the floor, I glanced down at the speedometer: 115mph. I was angry, but not stupid. I let my foot off the just a tad. The engine resumed a steady purr. Maybe I just needed to win Cass back. It shouldn't be hard really, if Jake could pick her up, I could do it no problem. My phone started playing Amaranth: "Caress the one, the Never-Fading rain in your heart- the tears of snow-white sorrow..." I looked at the screen. Cass. I'm surprised she still had my number. I flip open the phone to answer, "Hey Cass, I was..." A car's horn goes off, I look up. I'm on the wrong side of the road. I crank the wheel and my car. The road is too wet and my tires aren't biting. The car starts sliding sideways. I slam the brakes to lessen the impact. I'm going to die. "Cass, I still love you!" I'm yelling, I don't even look to see if she's still on the phone. My car begins to tip and than it bounces, and flips in the air once before it gets crushed by the car who was still blaring his horn. My head his something really hard. The noise fades and my vision blackens. No life-flashing before my eyes, just black. Black like death.
    Cass
    Cass

Post by Cass Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:19 pm

I needed to call Trent. I took my phone out of my pocket and searched through my contacts to see if I still had his number. After finding his number, I call him. I stand there patiently waiting for him to pick up. He eventually answers. He trails off, I hear some noise in the background, not good noise either. Then, all of a sudden, I hear Trent yelling that he still loved me. That was the last thing I hear before a bunch of loud noise, sounding like metal hitting concrete, filled the phone.
    I stare at my phone, what just happened? He professed that he still loved me...then, what? I didn't know. I needed to know. The man, my child's father, just said he loved me. Then it hit me, Trent just got in a car crash. I ran up to my dad, I knew I was in no shape to drive. "Dad, Trent just got in a car crash," I whisper, not sure how to express.
    He looks at me, grabs me by the arm, and takes off towards the door. "Ivy..." I whisper. "I need Ivy."
    "Honey, she'll be fine. She's loved by everyone," he says.
    Cass
    Cass

Post by Cass Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:41 pm

So.....
    Adolpho
    Adolpho

Post by Adolpho Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:53 pm

"14 days," I heard a voice, soft, like I was in heaven. "With a... this long... chances of... minimal" My head throbs and the voice fades in and out. Everything is black, I can't tell if my eyes are open. I can't move! Panic sets in, I can feel my heart rate rising. The angel's voice again: "Increased heart activity, he may be waking up." The car crash! My heart beats even faster and I pass out. "Heart rate is stabilizing, I want someone on vitals at all times for the next 24 hours, let me know as soon as anything changes." The angel left the room.
    Cass
    Cass

Post by Cass Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:54 pm

I was sitting in Trent's hospital room, Ivy on the floor playing with her favorite doll, when the doctor came in. He told me chances of survival were minimal. Although, he probaly didn't realize I was there, no one had noticed for the past couple of days. The room was filled with doctors and they barely lets us in, but somehow I found my way.
    All but one of the doctors left, the one that was still cheking his heart rate. "Are his chances really minimal?" I ask in a quiet voice.
    The doctor turned around from the bed and looked me straight in the eyes. "Oh, honey, I don't know. I hope so, for your sake," she says in her kind, soft voice.
    I nod and bend down to pick Ivy up. "You'll call if anything changes, right?"
    "Of course dear," she says, laying her hand on my arm. "Drive safely."
    "I will." I look at Trent, thinking in my head, you haven't even met your daughter yet. You need to wake up. I turn around and leave the room.
    Adolpho
    Adolpho

Post by Adolpho Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:09 pm

*beep* *beep*

A heart monitor is drowning on beside me. There are a couple other white noises I can't pick out. But it's very quiet. I tilt my head up slightly and struggle to open my eyes. I see a panicked nurse trying to scrawl quickly in her notepad and then run over to a wall phone. "He's up... (pause)... I'll check." She presses the mouthpiece of the phone into her shirt, "How are you feeling?" It takes me a second to register that she is talking to me, the question seems forced, as if I'm being tested.
    I hesitate, "Fine... I think," my head is spinning so I set it back down on the pillow, trying to focus on a single spot on the roof.
    "Patient is responsive... (pause) Mmhmm, okay I will." She walks over to me and begins going through a checklist of questions on her clipboard. "What is your name?"
    "Trent Myers."
    "Age?"
    "Twenty...three," I had to think a little to hard to remember that.
    "Do you know wh..." Her voice fades out, and I pass out again.
    Black.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:24 pm