Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

2 posters

Innocence can be in the eye of the beholder

Al THLDI
    Al THLDI
    The Happy Latin Dutch Italian

Innocence can be in the eye of the beholder Empty Innocence can be in the eye of the beholder

Post by Al THLDI Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:57 am

Roger was a skinny preppy kid during his early teens. Seemed like he had a great father, great mother and a great home. Rich and happy family. At age 15, wrong place, wrong time and a cowardly high friend playing with a gun and hating a teacher. Roger ended up being accused for murder. His Father a prestigious judge, due to his fear of his reputation tainted, took harsh actions. No trial, he was sent to jail. The cop (Jeffery) who brought him in stood up for him but he couldn't really do much against Roger's father. After all he was known to be the Black Judge, but Jeffery did manage to ensure Roger would be in good hands with someone who was already in jail.Later on that man became a father figure to him, his name was Rick Charles Venedict. Roger changed his name to Ryder, since his father, the judge, shared the same first name as his. Unfortunately the year before Ryder was released, the man was murdered for defending him in a cafeteria brawl. Finally at age 19 Ryder was released. He had missed out through his teen years and had grown cold after Rick's death. The cop who always kept an eye on him happened to be your father. He warned Ryder from not taking vengeance and keeping out of trouble. He invited him to his home since he had no place to go.
    You are the type of girl that got the good grades and already in college. When you hear the news about me coming in to live with you guys this had you edgy. You knew your father believed the best in people but you knew criminals just as well as he did and any other so you had your suspicion about me. Plus the rumors didn't help. Anyway, your group of friends, little did you know the things they were involved in exactly. They seemed just like you, maybe a bit cooler, or at least that's how you saw them. Your crush, or more like almost your boyfriend had his secrets even though he was pretty much a really round up goodie tissue looking guy. Not once did you suspect until I came along and you noticed how your friends got edgy too, but their reasons unlike yours were different. What will you do? Ignore it and think they are right, or will you find the good in the right person just as your father does?

For this role play I'm using my Roger Black bio. Click down in my signature and look him up.

Meet some of the characters that will be seen.
    Spoiler:

Last edited by Al THLDI on Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Innocence can be in the eye of the beholder Empty Re: Innocence can be in the eye of the beholder

Post by Jade Hawk Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:15 pm

Wait... YOU'RE Roger? Okay now I'm confused. And also a little confused as to what that girl's friends/crush are doing behind her back that's related to you, but maybe I'm not suppost to know that yet.

I've never done a one-on-one roleplay with you I don't think... I'd like to try it =) Let me just think up a bio.
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Innocence can be in the eye of the beholder Empty Re: Innocence can be in the eye of the beholder

Post by Al THLDI Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:38 pm

This will be interesting Smile
    True, my bad, the intro start first person and somewhere along the way I went to third hahhaha
    Yes I'm roger, and as for the crush, that you'll eventually see.
    I'm actually looking forward having a Roleplay with you for well... A one-one. It is our first haha
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:45 pm

Do you control my "Crush" as an NPC? I suppose so if you know his secret and I don't.

I'm still coming up with a bio. I just had to switch to my parent's computer while I wait for my lunch to heat up.
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:57 pm

Yeah.
    Dunno how you'd like to do this. There will be several characters popping in and out, and i know what's behind em or not but I don't want to godmod the roleplay yanno, so like, you too can have some control over them. To make it more interesting. As we go along, you will grasp a better picture how these characters are and you can play along with traits you know they have. I will be introducing them each uniquely. Whatcha say?
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:40 pm

It's a one-on-one, I don't mind you god-modding as long as it isn't my character. How about you control them, but if I need to, I'll hint their actions.

Here is my bio. I'd put it in my bio section but I'll too lazy right now...

Character Bio

Basic
    Name: Freya Collins
    Sex: Female

Features
    Ethnic: Caucasian
    Skin color: Very pale
    Tattoo: None
    Height: 5'9"
    Build: Slim
    Hair (color/style): Dark red, straight, long
    Eyes: Green

Dressware
    Hat: None
    Shades/glasses: None
    Jewerly/peircings: Ears.
    Coat/Jacket: None
    Top: Plain t-shirt, slightly dressy. usually with a black cardigan
    Bottom: Dark wash dressy jeans
    Shoes: Black flats or Black high-heel boots

About Character
    Relationship status: Single
    Sexuality: Straight
    Personality: Somewhat shy, but outspoken with her opinions. Very bookish and intelligent. Her general knowledge and strong opinions occasionally lead her into trusting too much, or too little of people.
    Hobbies: Reading, researching, writing
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:34 pm

ooc- I won't always do long post, just mostly when I want to give you some background insight, some foreshadowing.

A small breeze passed through the small barred window that had a view to outside’s courtyard was passing through. My hair had grown out, brushing my brow, close to covering my eyes. I even had grown out a light beard, mostly because it gave the inmates more fear to look at me. It gave me more age. Here in jail you had to earn and fight for your respect. I had done my share. I was taught well. I blinked a few time as I looked out through the window, sitting from my bed, I was thinking back in time…

“Dad, do I have to go to school?” I told my dad in a whiney tone. His hand securely over my shoulder, he let out a warm chuckle. “Yes my son. It’s where a 16 year old boy belongs.”
    My mother would come out of the kitchen with my lunch box and plant a soft kiss on my cheek as she slipped her fingers through my hair. “See you after school. Have a nice day sweetie.” We had hired help, but my mother always liked doing things around the house too. It was my Dad mostly who insisted in hiring help. I took my lunch smiling at her and followed behind my father.

Never would I have known that would have been my last peaceful and innocent day.
    I heard a distant, yet familiar voice call out. “Ryder.” I turned around, my cell gate was open and there stood Jeffrey. First time I met him, he was bringing me in to jail. He was an average cop. Now that I had been three years, he was a sheriff.

“Judge Rogers, eight year?!” His voice was starting to rise up, “You are out of your mind Sir. We aren’t entirely sure if the kid even committed the murder. I won’t lock him up. He’s a minor!” Officer Jeffrey replied back to the Judge’s order. The Judge just gave him a stone cold stare; his wife had recently arrived and was trying to plead with him. “Quite everyone! Know your place woman.” He said sternly to his wife, and then returned his gaze to Jeffery. “Officer, I assume you would like to keep your job.”

There he stood, Jeffery, the sheriff. “It’s time my son. You are free.” I stood up and looked around my cell. I had nothing to take with me, just two pictures. I walked towards Jeffrey and stood in front of him. I was just taller than him by two inches. I remember the day I barely reached his shoulder. He placed his hand over my shoulder, as he had done so many times and guided me out of the cell, the building. I looked back when we finally stepped in front of his car. “You better not be planning or hoping to get back in there.” Jeffrey joked. I glanced at him and smiled slightly. He opened his car door and waited for me to get in. I wasn’t like this usually towards Jeffrey. We would joke a lot, but today had marked a year since I had lost Rick. He was already inside the car, he sent a text to his daughter, informing her he was on his way. Soon enough he had the engine running and ready to go.

“So remember Freya?” Jeffrey asked in order to start some conversation. I nodded. I didn't really know her but she was awfully brought up a lot in Jeffrey’s conversations. He would show pictures of her constantly too and was so proud of her. Apparently in everything she did, she did it right. Exceeded people’s expectations. He claimed she was witty even if she was considerably shy in certain aspects. She did not resemble much from her father. She took more from her mother. He didn’t like touching that subject much because her mother, his wife, she left them just one night. He tried searching her he said and then just gave up.

“Mmhmm, I do.” After a long while replied. Jeffrey was used to this from me.
    “Well I will need to leave you with her some time. I was just called in a while ago to meet with some people. Plus, you know how much time I would spend at the station, so we wont be seeing each other a much as before.” He explained right before he pulled up in front of his place.
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:31 pm

"A: Anterior. B: Biocentricular. C... C..." I looked down at the pile of notes resting on my desk, frustrated in the fact that I couldn't completely memorize every detail that I needed from this oncoming test. C: Cranial Mytrophy." I sighed and leant back in my chair. I love studying and learning more every day, but what was the point when I really wasn't getting much out of it except a cluttered desk.

My phone that I had tossed into my bed a few minutes previously vibrated with a text. It was probably from Riko. Not wanting to seem too desperate, I decided to ignore it.. for now. It would seem way too needy if I replied straight away. Yeah, my brain might be college material, and it was very useful in gaining my PhD, but I was allowed to be a child sometimes.

I just couldn't stand it. I wasn't sure what he had said, good or bad, but I just had to find out. I knew that once I had read the text, I couldn't stop myself from replying. I can't help it if he texted me while I coincidentally was holding my phone, can I? I got up off my chair and headed towards my bed to retrive my phone. My heart pumped in my chest with both fear an excitement. But all was lost. Don't get me wrong, I love my dad, but if it was a choice between a text from him or Riko, I would definitely pick the latter any day.

[Okay, see you in a sec.]
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:23 am

Jeffrey looked at me and then checked his watch, "Well I have to run some errands, so Freya will take things from here."
    I looked at him and nodded. "Okay." I opened the car door, got down and too my bag with the very few belongings I possessed. Jeffrey glanced at my bag. "We will go to a clothing store to get you new stuff.
    "That's not necessary Jeff." I replied feeling uneasy about his comment. I didn't have any money, just got out of jail, so work obviously I didn't have either. I wasn't too fond with the idea of him paying. He shook his head. "None sense, it will be done anyways."
    I could see that there was no point in arguing with him. I shut the door, he smiled at me and drove off. I found myself standing in front of his house and walked towards the door. Before I knocked I hesitated. I could leave now and find myself around, avoid this, find some other place to stay. I didn't have any friends though, and I had no clue where to start to be honest... I sighed and went ahead knocking on the door.

ooc-sorry for the delay >.<
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:08 am

I heard a the sound of knuckles rapping against wood. Must be Dad. I placed my phone on the nightstand beside my bed and headed out of my room. The landing was dark, as all I needed to study was the light in my bedroom. I flicked the wall switch and the lamps blazed, causing me to blink suddenly in the stream of yellow glaze. Incandescent bulbs did nothing for headaches.

I began to make my way down the stairs and could see a sturdy silhouette through the frosted glass of the front door. Masculine and tall. Yet it didn't look like my dad. Besides, he has a key. He wouldn't need to knock on the door and wait for my reply. No, this definitely wasn't dad. Feeling apprehensive, I reached the bottom step and stepped closer to the door. Whoever this was, it was a strange time of day to be making house calls. I gripped the bronze handle and pulled the heavy door open.

A boy stood there. Or rather, a young man. It was difficult to tell his age by his stature at my door, but he couldn't have been much older than me. Yet his face was aged, as were his clothes. Whoever he was, he hadn't bothered to make himself look presentable. Light stubble lined his chin. He could of at least shaved. I looked down at the front step and saw a small case. Oh, please don't be homeless! I have no money to give. Money, yes, but none to provide booze to street beggars. Then again, buskers didn't usually show up on peoples' doorsteps.

"Who are you?" I asked, then realizing that this sounded rather rude, I spoke again. "I mean hello." I didn't smile at him, but raised my eyebrows waiting for a response, preferably to my impolite question. Underneath the rough exterior, he was quick attractive, I wouldn't play dumb to the fact. Forcing my mind to concentrate on Riko, I distracted my injust thoughts. These were first physical impressions. Let's see how he does with manners. I hoped they were better than what I had so far showed. But now was not the time to seem attractive to a rugged stranger appearing at my door.
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:30 am

I glanced at the young girl that answered at the door. She was slim, quite pale, with dark reddish hair. Her eyes... How could I forget those eyes? It was the only none changing thing about her. Like a shiny jewel. Emerald. My gaze suddenly was a piercing sort after her greeting which was considerably hostile. Probably I couldn't blame her. Probably Old Jeff forgot to tell her I was coming today. I smoothed down my look, extended a hand out to her. "I'm Ryder. Your father's umm..." I wasn't sure what I was to him. A friend? Just someone he looked after? "I won't be much of a bother, you Father just asked me to come here." I mentioned. I really didn't want' to stay long here.. I wanted to get to leave soon, not be a burden to anyone, but I wasn't stupid. I knew I needed to settle down for a bit before I go searching a new place for myself.
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:41 am

This 'Ryder' guy was being oddly shy. He sounded almost nervous. "Freya" I took his hand in mine and shook. His skin was rough and calloused. Where did he come from? And how did he know my dad? "I suppose I can't argue with my father, but I'm not entirely sure where to accomodate you." I reached out to run my fingers through my hair, looking over my shoulder. If dad trusted him, I couldn't pass judgement. "I can take your bag from you. Make yourself comfortable. The living room is just through here." I said, gesturing towards a white door that stood ajar revealing a crisp lounge area. "Do you need anything to drink? A snack, perhaps?" If I was to play as the hostess, I might as well make the best of it. At least until dad comes home. It was the least I could do for being so hostile upon opening the door.
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:52 am

"Nice to finally meet you. Your father always speaks fondly of you." I replied. Her hands, unlike mine, and the inmates back in jail, were soft, tendering feeling. When she offered to take my bag I held it close protectively out of habit. I shut my eyes for a slight second and reminded myself I was no longer in jail, but old habits die hard. I opened my eyes, "Sorry, I'll just keep this close. I don't need much space though." I looked around before I replied. So this was his home. Compared to what mine used to be long ago was quite luxurious in comparison, yet again, compared to jail, this was great. "Water please."
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:58 am

Before my han clasped around his bag, I retracted it. He seemed rather possessive. I don't know what's up with him, or still where he came from, but I guessed that I'd have to tread carefully around him. "Well, I'm all he has." I responded to his comment about my dad as I walked towards the kitchen. From the counter, I could see into the open planned living space and watched as he looked around seeming interested. I grabbed a glass from one of the overhead cupboards and pushed it against the water dispenser in the refrigerator door. "Ice?"
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:07 am

I nodded. Of course she was the only one he had. She had offered ice with my water. Last time I had a glass of water with ice, in fact... any liquid with ice. I nodded, "That would be nice." I wanted to make sure I was polite with her. it felt weird doing so. I had gotten used to being cold and distant, minding my own business in just about anything especially after...I shut my eyes, shook my head. Get those thoughts out of your head Ryder. I opened my eyes again and watched Freya carry herself around in the kitchen, to serve my water.
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:20 am

Pressing the glass against the sensor, I prepared Ryder's drink for him and poured myself a glass. I carried them out to join him and held out his water for him to take. "I'm sorry, but my dad didn't explain anything to me. Consider me clueless." I was hoping for answers, but I was't going to be bold enough to ask questions outright just yet. If he wanted to tell me his story on his own time, then so be it, but I at least wanted to know why an unshaven young man just appeared at my home. Wasn't it my right to know at least that? Everyone is entitled to secrets, and he could have many of his own, but my curiosity was getting the better of me, and I knew it would only worsen over time.
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:33 am

I took the glass she handed me. It was cold. I smiled slightly and took a sip. The cold water went down my throat, then I looked at Freya. "Thank you. It's been a while, since... I've been out." I looked down then looked at her. "I'm sorry if I may unnerve you a bit...I'm..." I took a deep breath in and exhaled slowly. I didn't know what to exactly tell her. Probably he did mention her a bit about me.. We did spend considerably large amounts of time together. I slipped my hand through my hair and smiled slightly. "Your watched over me when I was sent to jail as a teenager..." I shrugged and looked around for a bit before I faced her. I remember back in school, how people being in jail was frowned upon.
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:59 pm

I sat down beside him on the couch. It was a good job that I hadn't drank any of my water yet, or I might have just unattractively spat it out. "You were in jail?!" Obviously I wasn't ever going to know why, people in jail usually didn't explain why, but my curiosity burned inside me. What could he possibly have done to go to jail? Well that greatly explained his appearance. He looked as though he could have been quite attractive before prison had wiped his youth from him. Shame. Riko was drop-dead gorgeous, but more in a 'tall dark and handsome' way, whereas Ryder was more rugged and casual. Not many people could pull off lighter hair.

"Dad has a good heart."
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:20 pm

I nodded at her response. "Yes indeed, he has a way of seeing the good in people and he connects quite well." I took another sip from my water. "I really don't want to be a bother..." I looked around half uneasy. I was a teenager when I was sent to jail. Social skills weren't my best, especially with a woman. As much as I tried to ignore that thought, her being a girl, it just seemed impossible. I had no conversation to possibly offer either. "You're Dad insisted I'd say for a bit, but I promise it won't be much long. I um.. just need to a job to begin with." I frowned. I grew up in a rich family where that would not ever had necessarily been a concern for me. Obviously things are different now.
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:37 pm

"Well, relax for tonight, perhaps look through our DVDs or something, and I'll go and set up the spare bedroom for you." If he was going to be here, I might as well make him feel comfortable. That begin said, now I knew that he had spent time in jail, I wasn't too sure what to think of him. What had he done wrong to get arrested, and was I safe being alone in the house with him? Although hese thoughts raced through my mind, I could not push aside the knowledge that my father trusts him enough to allow him to stay here, and even be alone with me for a while.

"My room will be right next door. Let me know if you need anything. I'll call you when I've set things up." Draining my glass of water, I stand up from the couch and place the empty glass in the sink. There should be some clean sheets in the laundry room. "We'll organize job hunting tomorrow after you're well rested."
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:27 pm

I nodded in appreciation. "Thank you." So this is what my new life would come to? I stood up and followed her to the kitchen to wash my own class. I headed back to the couch with out knowing where else to go. After all she said she'd call me once my room was ready for me. I honestly must admit... I am starting to miss jail... I missed Rick... I sighed, and fumbled with my fingers and tried to ignore my dark thoughts.
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Tue May 07, 2013 5:56 pm

Swiftly, I headed to the laundry room to pick up some clean sheets and pillow cases. I wasn't sure how long he'd be staying, but I'd have to wash these again any way. Hauling my load upstairs, I began to strip the old sheets off the bed and replace them with the fresh ones. There wasn't much in this room. The small television that sat in the corner didn't work, but there was a full bookshelf and a two-person couch opposite the bed. It was homely, but not anything special. I didn't want him to get bored while he stayed here. I wasn't sure what he'd get up to if he wasn't occupied. I still didn't know why he had been in jail.

I lifted the old sheets from the floor and returned down stairs to throw them in the washing machine. Silently, I returned to the living room. "You bedroom is all ready for you. Let me know if you need anything while you're in there." I said to him. I wasn't sure what he could need but I was willing to oblige if I missed anything out. After all, it pays to be nice. Sometimes.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:08 pm