Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

+3
Brandon
Faith Wynters
Murdoch
7 posters

The Age of Machines

Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

The Age of Machines - Page 2 Empty The Age of Machines

Post by Murdoch Tue May 29, 2012 7:42 am

First topic message reminder :

As you may have guessed, this is a Sci-Fi RP that I am starting here. I know that I said I wasn't going to start any more, but this idea has been whirling around my head for a while, and I just have to get rid of it before I explode!

So here's the situation (and I'll try and keep it short); This is an RP based on the Transformers Universe, but set several hundred years in an alternate future where the Autobots and Decepticons are still fighting furiously over the fate of their race and themselves.
    When the Autobots and Decepticons first arrived one hundred and fifty years ago, they were small in number; only six or seven on either side, waging a guerrilla war on each other and their enemies allies. This escalated; as the Autobots gained the friendship of the USA, the UK and a number of other countries, the Decepticons were infiltrating other powers like China, Russia, North Korea and several countries in the Middle East. More Transformers landed, escalating the fight further, and pretty soon an all-out war was being waged between two factions; the Autobot-led Western Allies - or simply The Allies for short - and the Decepticon-controlled Dominant Powers. The Earth was slowly transformed by the conflict into a wasteland of burning buildings, craters and battlefields as not even the major cities were safe from attack.

About thirty years into the conflict, Optimus Prime led his best soldiers - Bumblebee, Ratchet, Jazz, Ironhide, Hot Rod and the rest - into the Decepticon stronghold in the middle of Russia in an effort to end the war by 'cutting off the head'. The cataclysmic struggle that ensued between the Decepticon and Autobot elite leveled the facility and killed all involved. The only high-ranking members that survived were Ultra-Magnus and Starscream...but the war waged on. Eventually, even those two were killed in battle and there was a lull in the fighting...but not for long.

Only a year later, a new breed of leaders emerged, and led their troops into battle once again, and this time...the war intensified. Both sides began unrestricted attacks on enemy-controlled cities and factories, killing the soldiers and civilians supporting the other side. Generations lived and died knowing only war, and only sixty years after the beginning, the atmosphere became choked with rubble and smoke. The civilian populations now live in a small number of heavily fortified fortresses, self-sufficient cities that provide what can be called life to the beleaguered women and children hiding inside while their men are conscripted into the forces to fight. Resources are few, and everyone has their allotted rations and no more. The fighting, once mobile and varied, has now stagnated into a bitter war of attrition, centered along the north/west divide of Europe. Everything north of France is controlled by the Dominant Powers, everything south by The Allies. Fierce fighting rages day and night down what is known as "The Fractured Zone," millions, perhaps billions of soldiers and Transformers fighting as hard as they can. Despite the constant death, the war has reached a stalemate.

That's where you come in.

Here's the deal; you can be anybody you want. Civilians (remember that only women and children are civilians, and even then only the ones that have other skills; women are now conscripted into the armies too, but not as many as men), soldiers, even transformers. However, I want no Godmodding and absolutely no power-playing. If I see any of that, I will give you a warning. If you continue to do so, I will literally drop a space-bridge on you. If everybody does it - as unlikely as that is - Rocks Will Fall and Everybody Will Die.
    I want everybody to join as Autobots or Autobot-allied soldiers. The aim of this RP is to end the war in the Autobots favour. Whether we succeed or not...that's a whole 'nother matter.
    One more thing: Death is likely. You will not finish with the same characters that you start with. This is war, and people will die. If your character dies, you can create a new one to come back in. To start off with, though, we'll all start as part of a squad/battalion and see where we go from there.
    One more thing: Although human soldiers will have fought Transformers before and have weapons capable of fighting them do NOT make it easy. If it's just you against a transformer with a gun bigger than your house, chances are that you would die if you tried to fight it. Be realistic (as realistic as you can be when fighting a giant robot).

Now. I will be controlling several NPC's to guide us on our journey, but they will have only occasional appearances. You can create and control NPC's too, and if you have any story ideas, let me know and I'll see what I can do. I'll put my characters bio up as soon as I know that there's interest for this.

One More Thing (seriously this time).
    I call dibs on the Intelligence Officer. Razz

One More Thing (no, no, I really am serious this time!):
    Roles:

Transformers:

The Leader:
    The Lieutenant:
    The Bruiser:
    The "Tank":
    The Scout:
    The Weapons-Master:
    The Spy: Onslaught (Me ^_^)
    The Strategist:

Soldiers:

The Leader:
    The Hero: Falda [May]
    The Reaver: Daniel Mckarthy [Danny]
    The Scout:
    The Sniper: Yuri [Thatrussianmerc]
    The Berserker:
    The Strategist:
    The Spy:

More roles can be added ^_^

So.

Who's up for some good-ol'-fashioned apocalyptic fun? Razz

Last edited by Murdoch on Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:14 am; edited 4 times in total
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

The Age of Machines - Page 2 Empty Re: The Age of Machines

Post by Murdoch Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:08 pm

Remember that being the sniper kind of puts you in the stealth role, so anything too excessive is going to be unrealistic (yes, I know I'm talking about Transformers here)...I'm fine with high caliber and incendiary rounds taking out grunts and smaller fairly quickly, but having all your shots hit...just be careful. There's a difference between being good and being a Gary Stu. Very Happy Anything bigger than a grunt, and you're gonna have to pack some serious firepower to take them down easily... XD
    ThatRussianMerc
    ThatRussianMerc

Post by ThatRussianMerc Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:22 pm

yeah, snipers and sniping was a huge interest of mine at one point, so i get the roles and stuff. im ready when everybody else is.
    Mayday
    Mayday

Post by Mayday Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:27 am

I WANNA START THIS SHEBANG
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:23 pm

Now we just need to kick Danny's ass into this RP...
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:52 pm

HEY! I've been paying attention. I'm ready whenever you guys are.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:57 pm

Ok then ^_^

Not right now, because I am exhausted, but I will try and get a post up sometime tomorrow...my replies may be a little sluggish 'cause I'm trying to finish a book so I can write up a review for my blog, and I desperately want to finish this God-awful book...even a fiver was too much to pay for this crap. I can't believe it's an international bestseller...the main male lead is just...words cannot describe how much I dislike him and, for that matter, the entire premise of the book. The writing style is decent, I'll give it that much, and there are quite a few parts of the book that actually make me chuckle...but there are too many more that make me roll my eyes, want to throw up or straight up make me recoil in disgust. I'm regretting starting it, but I've never not finished a book before, so I'll have to finish it (and soon, hopefully)...
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:06 pm

[[Ok, here it is....sorry if it isn't up to my usual standard, but I'm rather tired today and this is the best I can manage]]

Explosions sound somewhere overhead, and only a few seconds later the entire room shakes, dust drifting from the ceiling and coming to rest on the table. It only lies there for a few seconds, as it is angrily brushed away by a callused, impatient hand in an attempt to make what the dust settled on a little clearer. It's a map, one consisting of hundreds of lines, hastily scribbled words and pencil-line rulings, along with flags stuck in seemingly random places all along the length and width. Some are blue, some are red and some are yellow, but besides the fact that the blues are almost all grouped on one side with the reds on the other, there seems to be very little order to it. The map stretches the entire span of the table, which is itself dominating a small cavern-like room lined with sandbags, creaky wooden chairs and a couple of flickering monitors. It seems a little low-tech, but this far out on the front doesn't get many supply drops. You deal with what you have or what you can salvage...and you give the best stuff to the men fighting, not to the people hiding in the bunkers. The monitors may look rusty and old-tech, and the men working them may complain about the speed, but they work fine. The fastest equipment is given to the boys fighting.

Besides. This is only a satellite command center. The real command center - located only a few clicks east - is far, far more impressive and ably equipped than this place. Of course, a snail is more readily equipped than this place. This is a bunker that was thrown up in a panic as soon as this position was captured only a week or so ago, and defences and supplies are still coming in.

Field-Commander Brechkov studies the map intently, his two advisers milling about either side of him, knowing better than to interrupt the Commanders musings. They will offer advice when consulted, not before. The Commander is only a middle-aged man in his late thirties - possibly his early forties; nobody has been brave enough to ask - but he looks like he's in his fifties. Deep worry lines crisscross his face, and the scars running across his body from his many battles give him an aged and weathered look. Though he looks old, however, it is also apparent that he is a man of steel, and just by looking you can tell that he is tough as an oak tree; his body and build is only about average, but he is as solid a soldier as they come. His eyes, though a dull grey, shine with a keen intelligence and a cool-yet-caring professionalism. He is not a man to cross lightly. He has earned his stars and stripes, and even though his slightly battered dark green uniform is spartan in design with almost no decorations, everyone in the military knows of his deeds; he has been decorated dozens of times...he just chooses not to wear them.

His finger taps briefly on one of the yellow flags - one that is positioned just next to one of the blue ones, with a red one separating them, both yellow and blue making up a bulge that is ahead of the other blues in the red flags territory - before tracing its way across the line. He purses his lips, and looks about to say something when there is a sharp knock at the door.
    A sergeant, a little battered from the front, enters and snaps a sharp salute.
    "Commander," he says crisply, standing at attention.
    "At ease, Sergeant," Brechkov says evenly. "You've brought them?"
    The Sergeant relaxes a little, but not much; the Commander is a legend. "Yes Sir. They are awaiting your pleasure outside."
    Brechkov nods...this taskforce is among the best in the entire Allied Military. If they can't complete this mission, then it's impossible.
    "Send them in," he says, and the Sergeant salutes again smartly and retreats out the door to fetch the soldiers.
    ThatRussianMerc
    ThatRussianMerc

Post by ThatRussianMerc Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:17 pm

Yuri walks into the bunker, in his old red army gear, and instinctively moves toward the shadows in the corner.
    Mayday
    Mayday

Post by Mayday Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:31 pm

OOC: I'm afraid that I'm going away for the weekend (once again) so won't be much of a participator until Sunday night/Monday, and even then I might not be on much, seeing as I have next to no internet.
    Now, to see how I do rping in third person instead of first.

BIC: Falda's walk is a thing of beauty around here; she neither falls or even falters as explosions shake the bunker, whilst other soldiers (from what she can see) lean against the walls for support. She's been through all of this before, has seen the wounds, the scars, has slept with bombs exploding overhead. She is a woman of war and, although young, seems senior to others. Which is why, she supposes, she's been called to the legendary Commander's presence.

Falda may be a little proud but not without good reason. As she steps into the Commander's room, her eyes scan the room, determining the amount of people inside of it, what could be used as a weapon in case of emergency, and, of course, who can be considered an ally and who an opponent.

"Commander." She says in a softly accented voice as she retreats to the side of the room, nearby the shadow-hugging Yuri.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:46 am

[[Juuuust waiting for Danny, guys Smile And may I say, your military respect sucks. Expect a chewing out from the veteran war hero that you just disrespected XD, LOL]]
    ThatRussianMerc
    ThatRussianMerc

Post by ThatRussianMerc Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:57 am

OOC: you just have to earn the respect, yuri learnt a long time ago that playing toy soldier only gets good men and women killed
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:01 am

Daniel waited outside the bunker, looking at the floor. His back was against the wall and his helmet rested between his hands, which, of course, were crossed over his chest. Daniel didn't care much or meeting. Of course he knew they were important, he wasn't an idiot, he just didn't like them. All Daniel wanted to do was go out into the field. People called him crazy, but he couldn't care less. He did his job, and he did his job well. They always say do what you love cause you'll never work a day in your life. Being a solider was what Danny loved.

They were called into the meeting, so Daniel stood up properly. He didn't enter right away however. This meeting was with the legendary solider. Someone Daniel had respected for his accomplishments (and gaining Daniel's respect isn't an easy thing to do). This man was incredible and though Daniel didn't care for meetings, this meeting would be something else. This one he was looking forward to, even if he only got two words in, or a glance. Daniel may be crazy and blood lustful, but he'll give credit where credit is due.

He walked into the meeting, helmet in one hand, with both men and women looking at him. He threw his legs together and his right hand up to his forehead in salutations. "Sir!" he said to the soldier and stayed in the position, waiting to be dismissed.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:37 pm

Ooc: I can understand that, Merc, but understand that you're in the military. Due respect to your superiors is expected, not requested. If you fail to show due deference, you will be heavily disciplined. Besides...this is a veteran war hero who has been decorated many times, and only isn't a general because he prefers being on the field, commanding his men.
    So....I apologise for what's about to happen.

Ic:

Brechkov's mouth pulls into a thin, tight line. These are the best of the best? With the exception of the male standing at attention in front of the table across from him, they are possibly the limpest, least disciplined and most disgraceful soldiers he's ever seen. Even the rawest recruit knows to salute your superiors, especially if entering a room with them. Even if you don't particularly like them, they are your superiors and you treat them as such. Discipline is what separates an army from a mindless mob, and respect for the chain of command is what separates a successful army from an unsuccessful one. He gives the one before him - Daniel, from his dossier - a brief look, and salutes in return; a mark of mutual respect that the soldier has earned, simply due to his obvious respect of Brechkov.

"At ease, soldier," he says companionably. Not warmly by any stretch of the imagination, but warm enough to show that he is impressed with him. This changes, however, as he turns his attention to the two 'soldiers,' as they call themselves, lounging in the shadows. The female - Falda - at least gave him a cursory 'Commander...' the defector, Yuri, gave him no greeting whatsoever. The lack of respect that man has is sickening...he has a history of insubordination and disrespect, such that Brechkov is surprised that he's been allowed into such an elite team. Of course, looking at them, their standards must be low.
    "As for you two," he barks, voice suddenly cold as he fixes a freezing, steel gaze on the two in the corner, "Front and Center, NOW!" He points directly in front of the table. "Stand at attention, like you were taught in basic training and wait for your superior to allow you to relax. NOW." His voice doesn't rise in volume, but that just makes it worse; his voice just chills to arctic levels, and it is obvious that he is furious.
    Mayday
    Mayday

Post by Mayday Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:39 pm

Ooc: and I shall learn as I go along in this roleplay *derp*
    Bic: Falda stiffens but complies. She's realized her mistake, although perhaps a little late, but there's still a little time to improve.
    "Sorry, sir!" She says as she salutes, standing in position as her fellow soldier had done. It irked her a little bit, taking example from another soldier, but deemed it necessary this one time. It had been so long since she had been in a superior's presence she had forgotten basic manners. Embarrassing.
    ThatRussianMerc
    ThatRussianMerc

Post by ThatRussianMerc Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:18 am

OOC: sorry for the late reply i went away overnight.

BIC: Yuri walked forward, stood up a little straighter, gave a half-hearted salute and said "sir!"
    at the same time thinking: you and your friends have killed to many of my comrades, why did i join you arrogant toy soldiers in the first place.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:50 am

Ooc: Lmao, May, don't worry about it Smile
    And Merc, may I say...I really dislike Yuri. XD Nothing personal, of course, I just dislike the character. XD Of course, I'm supposed to, aren't I? Razz

Just waiting for Danny, then I'll reply. Smile
    ThatRussianMerc
    ThatRussianMerc

Post by ThatRussianMerc Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:00 am

OOC: yeah im kinda being annoying cause of that whole russia V america thing(if your characters not american, ive mad a huge mistake), ill be nicer in future.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:05 am

Well, in the alternate future it isn't America vs Russia, it's basically America, the UK and most of Europe (allied with the Autobots) vs Russia, Asia and the Middle East (Ruled by the Decepticons) (Africa is under contention). Brechkov is technically from the UK, but his family (IE, Parents) are from what was, before the war, Serbia. Smile
    ThatRussianMerc
    ThatRussianMerc

Post by ThatRussianMerc Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:07 am

yeah well i mean past hating between the two, and ive made a friggin' huge mistake comrade, lol, sorry

Last edited by ThatRussianMerc on Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:25 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added a word)
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:43 am

Ah, don't worry about it. I'd expect a defector to hold a grudge against the commanders if he's lost friends, and I didn't mention where Brechkov is from, so that's probably more my fault. I kinda assumed that the name would say he wasn't American, but hey...immigration! XD
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:52 am

Daniel couldn't help but fight back a smile as Brechkov yells at the other two soldiers. It felt good to earn respect from such a high ranking officer simply because they didn't recall manners. "Sir," Daniel responded quietly as he arm left his forehead. His legs left shoulder length apart, and his arms went behind his back and he stood up strong. His helmet rested on an empty part of the table and he waited for Brechkov to do as he needed. Despite his small amount of joy from this display, Daniel did want this meeting to get underway. He wouldn't rush the meeting, but the faster this meeting finished and Daniel got on the field, the happier he'd be.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:47 pm

Brechkov sneers openly as the pair stand at attention before him. He moves around the table, taking up position directly in front of them, back straight, legs set apart and hands clasped behind his back as he looks them up and down. Falda appears to have realised her mistake - not soon enough, though, and she will be disciplined the same - but Yuri's attitude is horrific. Brechkov doesn't know what his problem is, but he knows now why so many members of the Allied Military dislike and distrust him; the attitude he gives off is one that suggests that he would rather shoot his 'allies' than work with them, and his respect for superiors - who are promoted on quality and merit - is almost non-existent. These are the best of the best? They don't act like it. They look like fresh recruits, yet to be put through basic training and still with the attitude that they deserve everything the world can give them...pah.

"You two are a disgrace to the uniform," he says simply, staring at them with a penetrating, unblinking gaze. He can't help but notice that they aren't wearing a uniform, but he supposes that given their role as a tactical squad, a uniform would give them away too quickly...though he thinks they should be given a uniform, it is not for him to decide. "Your arrogance astounds me. In my twenty-three years of service, I have never seen such 'senior' soldiers behave in such a disgusting and unprofessional way. You, girl - and I shall call you 'girl,' for that is how you are acting -" he shifts his gaze to Falda as he speaks, "have been serving with this armed force for how many years now? You should know to salute your superiors when addressing them. Being on the front for too long is not an excuse, as this young man here -" he gestures to Daniel "- remembered perfectly fine. And you," he practically spits, shifting his glare to Yuri, "I don't know how they do things in The Powers military, but I think it's a fair bet that if you were to be that disrespectful to a Decepticon officer, you would be shot there and then. Perhaps we should adopt the practice, since you seem to have no respect for your superiors in this outfit."

He takes a step closer, his face mere inches from Yuri's. If those eyes so much as flicker from being fixed forward...
    "Other officers may tolerate your disrespect because of your supposed ability, but I will not. I don't care how good you are. I don't care how many kills you have. If you so much as breathe a word of disrespect or insubordination in my presence, Turncoat, I will send you back to basic and have you rejoin the military as a new recruit, decorations or no. I hope that is understood, Pup." His eyes search Yuri's face before he backs off a little, moving back around the table.

"Approach," he commands, beckoning forwards. "Daniel, you may remain at ease. Girl, Pup, you will remain at attention until this meeting is over and I have dismissed you from my presence. Stoop, slouch, waver, stumble...if you so much as sneeze, you will be digging latrines for a week and I will find somebody else to perform this mission." And that is not an idle threat; Brechkov has had assault teams digging trenches and serving meals for infractions of discipline before...it may seem harsh, but a harsh punishment now for a relatively small infraction will mean that they will not perform the larger ones...and it's the larger ones that cost lives. Too many of those are lost anyway without more being lost due to lack of discipline.
    Mayday
    Mayday

Post by Mayday Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:54 pm

OOC: May I just say Mumu, that I can't help but laugh whenever I read your post. I love Brechkov. Won't be posting for now, will most likely be posting tomorrow (a little too tired to come up with a half-decent post right now).
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:00 pm

[[Oh, I had far too much fun mindmapping the character of Brechkov...he's experienced, he's level headed but also very cantankerous and strict in his own way...I was tempted to make him my main character, but a field commander is not going to be in a tactical squad, and really only a Commander or General can get away with Brechkov's attitude XD.
    But that's fair enough, May, post when you can ^_^]]
    ThatRussianMerc
    ThatRussianMerc

Post by ThatRussianMerc Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:14 pm

Yuri snapped to attention, his mood changing instantly, He liked to try the insubordination test on all his new commanders. The ones that didn't care, were bad. The ones that didn't bother to chew you out, and just gave you a punishment where bad also. it seemed that Yuri had got the only type of good commander, the type that told you what you've done wrong and gave you the one chance. Yuri had respect for any commander like that.

As Yuri stood at attention, he slowly scanned over the map, not a single muscle in his body moving but his eyes, they finally fixate on the one point with all three colour flags right next to each other.

Last edited by ThatRussianMerc on Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:28 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : made sound less wrong!)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 5:32 pm