Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

2 posters

The knife and the rose

Fiddler
    Fiddler
    BroBot

The knife and the rose Empty The knife and the rose

Post by Fiddler Tue May 21, 2013 12:23 pm

The Castanova estate was but a stones throw from the small town of Ingleton in northern county of Yorkshire. Their lands extended east through the woodlands and south through pastures of the hilly countryside. Having been a family in favor with the Duke of Lancaster they have been given the royal duty of patrolling the nearby countryside and supplying troops as they head north into the barbaric lands of the scotts. Over a generation this area became a hub for travelers heading from Blackpool to the north and the estate has flourished and grown from a hovel to a large household complete with ramparts and barracks.
    The knife and the rose Art455-4_450x450@27047
    Some might say that the family was too generous with their time but the Castanova's were more involved with their land than most nobles. the sons worked their share and the daughter helped where appropriate. They were quite favored among the tenants that worked their land.

One spring however they heard news that taxes in the nearby city of Lancaster were forcing merchants from their trade and adding to the count of beggars on the street. This soon lead to an influx of workers that the estate could not support on it's own. They started saying no to harbouring travelers and imposed a small fee to ensure that the tennants could have enough to plant next season. This plan worked for the family and all went well over the next season. What they didn't know however was what happened to those they turned away.

Ooc: See Ingleton near Lancaster in the UK to get a feel of where we are.

Players: Fiddler as Aaron Desvents
    Savannah as Helena Castanova
    Savannah
    Savannah
    VIP Member
    VIP Member

The knife and the rose Empty Re: The knife and the rose

Post by Savannah Tue May 21, 2013 8:53 pm

That sounds good I like it. I could never have come up with that kind of setting. Do you want to do the honors of starting us off? Smile
    Fiddler
    Fiddler
    BroBot

Post by Fiddler Tue May 21, 2013 10:59 pm

Ooc: Tisk tisk making me do all the work ;P

Ic: The sun, the trees, the clear spring morning. The early may blossoms giving a multitude of colour to our surroundings. Colour might be what I'd describe compared to what the men around me wore of course. I look left and see Barnabe and Micheal both wearing sturdy traveling attire while carrying their living on their back or keeping a close eye on the cart in front of us. To my right a few more merchants I'm not sure the name of. clop, clop clop went the hooves behind me, the gravel was quite even and unbroken by streams for this time of year.

We arrived in a camp close to what I was told was the Castenova estate. Although odd it seemed that taxation in this area has forced many to live outside of "the law". Mostly quickly built huts that were over time being converted to more permanent dwellings that were being designed to be unnoticeable once built. Interesting thought that, living with the express purpose of not being noticed. I could live well with these folk.

The others were gathered around the one we'd designated our leader for our party and were discussing sleeping arrangements with he locals. Business was to be discussed in the morning from what I overheard. I looked forward to seeing how these folk had a good time.

Ooc: Just settling into my character a bit Wink
    Savannah
    Savannah
    VIP Member
    VIP Member

Post by Savannah Wed May 22, 2013 1:29 am

I'm sorry.

IC: The clear sun and crisp spring air made it a perfect day to ride through the forest not far from the edge of our estate. This section of woods was the only place on the estate that wasn't normally occupied by people. My brothers turned this section into there own practice section. Where they practiced there archery skills. Well they did until they were called away to help the duke of Lancaster some years ago. It is only used occasionally by me now when I am able to get away from my father and my duties as his daughter. Of course this morning was one of those times. I enjoyed riding through the forest as fast as I can as well as shooting arrows at the targets that were set up through out the trees of the path.

Outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/untitled_200/set?id=63094947
    Fiddler
    Fiddler
    BroBot

Post by Fiddler Thu May 23, 2013 3:53 pm

I perked my ears as The sound of hooves went by west of us. I wondered if it came from the estate... We'd just have to see another day. We'd been working all morning building shelters for ourselves as well as helping others. It seemed these folk really needed a strong pair of arms and our little troop was ready to serve. Sawing logs, breaking twigs for firewood, putting in stakes and then burying anything visible to make the shelter look like a large boulder was our main tasks. It was amazing how these people has figured out this way of living. I had figured out that we were near the source of a stream that was buried in a brook. Nearby rocks, shrubberies and ledges were commonplace and our shelters only seemed to add to them.

Later in the afternoon worked stopped and other than the few sent out to gather food we rested before a bonfire that was planned for this evening.

Savannah
    Savannah
    VIP Member
    VIP Member

Post by Savannah Fri May 24, 2013 8:38 am

I'm going to apologize now. I wont be on much or not at all for the next few days. I am in the process of moving from one state all the way to another. But I will try to get on when I can. I hope you are not angry with me.

IC: After I rode through the trail shooting all my arrows. I went climbing through the trees to collect all my arrows from the targets and placing them in my quiver on my back. As I was retrieving the last arrows from the tallest tree on the path. When I heard a sound that spooked my horse making her run away. That usually was signal to me that there was some kind of danger. I sat on the tree branch thankful that I was high above the ground and knocked an arrow on my bow preparing myself to shoot anything that was a threat to me.

That's when I saw them a group of probably 5 or 6 of heavy set, muscular travelers walking through about 6 yards or so away. I was use to travelers passing through the estates since that was what our main purpose of the estate to be a place to stay for passing through travelers. But there was something about these certain travelers that had the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Which made me go into high alert when they got closer to the tree I was in and one of the men spotted me. "What do we have here? A fair maiden in a tree. Why don't you come down and play?" One of the men call up to me with a evil laughable tone. "I rather stay up here. You are trespassing on private property. Get out of here" I call pointing my arrow at them. "And what are you going to do about it? Come down and kick us little girl?" One of the other men call laughing. I glared at him and pointed the arrow at him letting it fly and narrowly miss his head and in bed it self in the tree behind. "No I rather just shoot you." I call knocking another arrow.
    Fiddler
    Fiddler
    BroBot

Post by Fiddler Sun May 26, 2013 5:02 pm

I lay in the grass for a few minutes before Micheal called me over. "We're going for a little walk apparently there are a few sights to see in the area." Not sure of what he was referring to I scrunched up my face looking puzzled. He quickly continued in a hushed tone, "According to the locals that horse we heard earlier was the lords daughter, quite a fine lass and we fin ourselves obliged to say hello." Finishing his sentence with a wink.

A gallant smile appeared on my face as the idea grew to fruition in my head. "Right behind you then!" taking off at a jog behind Micheal. The quirky idea seemed to have a few others and their libido's joining us as well. A bit of banter and friendly shoves as we went on our said quest, even though it didn't take us long to find her. In all places we expected to run into her, it wasn't up a tree.

Micheal was the first to open his foul trap and make an attempt at conversation. That quickly turned into an arrow clipping his right ear. About time I step in and save his sorry ass before she actually takes a limb from him. She seemed quite the shot for a girl of her looks.

Her golden locks braided, her dress fancy but made to last, and her eyes matching the colour of the leaves around her. Catching myself staring and shaking it off I pulled myself together. "Greetings milady! Don't mind my Jabbering friend here he is but a sharply horned goat with a loud bleat. Might I offer you a hand getting down from the tree?" I pause letting her take in my statement. she kept her bow aimed low but seemed to accept my words. Not that she looked like she was coming down any time soon. A second or two pause longer and I decided I would get to know those pritty green eyes when she didn't have an arrow notched. Looking at my comrads. "Well gentlemen now that we seem to have come far enough into the woods and seen a little of what there is to see out here shall we get back to the preparations?".

I face the tree once more, "Well we should be going, there are lovely places yonder without arrows notched at our heads, I wish you well! I look forward to seeing you at the bonfire this evening!" wait... At the bonfire? Doh! A lady like that would never attend a rowdy event such at that, would she?
    Savannah
    Savannah
    VIP Member
    VIP Member

Post by Savannah Mon May 27, 2013 12:05 am

"I am quite capable of helping myself down" I say looking at the young man that looked to be younger and a bit more civilize then the others. Slowly and carefully putting my arrow back in my quiver and shouldering my bow. I carefully stand on the branch I was sitting on. Maneuvering my way towards the branches behind the tree. I did not want any of those foul men looking up my skirts as I climbed down. I felt like it wasn't a smart move to try to get down while those men were around, but I also felt like I needed to just get out of the danger. I had a plan to climb down to the lowest branch of the tree about 3 feet above the ground. To call my horse and jump from the branch onto her back, riding far out of danger and back to my home. But it seemed there were other plans for me as I went to step on to the second branch from the ground. My slipper foot slips and I lose my gripping. Causing a scream to come from my lips as I started to fall but just managed to grab the last branch. So that I didn't crash to the ground and try to pull myself up to the branch. Before any of the foul men try to grab me thinking I was a helpless damsel and try to take advantage of me.
    Fiddler
    Fiddler
    BroBot

Post by Fiddler Mon May 27, 2013 10:22 am

I barely finished my sentence turning seeing her now hanging from a middle branch. Instinct took over as I dashed towards the tree. Quickly gaining altitude as if it were nothing I got to a branch beside hers and secured myself tightly. Getting nothing but a glare even though it seemed she was in a desperate situation I assumed she wouldn't mind a hand. I grabbed her around the waist and brought her over to a steadier footing. I looked into her eyes then seeing nothing of her face. They were a springs morning the grass still brushed with dew. I was taken aback. I had never quite seen such eyes. "Might I get your name milady?"
    Savannah
    Savannah
    VIP Member
    VIP Member

Post by Savannah Mon May 27, 2013 1:18 pm

As I swinging on the branch trying to gain footing on the trunk of the tree to pull myself up. The only thing I could think of if I fell and hurt myself papa would have my head. He didn't think such young ladies should be climbing trees or playing with such weaponry such as I do. But my other thought would be if I fell I would be in more danger with such men around thinking I to be a mighty conquer. I felt fear go through me and my blood turn cold when I felt hands around my waist. My first thought was that the foul man I shot an arrow at was grabbing me and trying to pull me down. My instinct was to kick my feet, but I only kicked air. Which then occurred to me that hands were pulling me up onto the branch and not down onto the ground. I looked up to see the kind blue eyes of the man that offer to give me a hand down from the tree. He seemed to not be like any of the other men because he was trying to help me up and out of danger and not down and into danger. "Many thanks kind sir" I say quietly as I sit down on the branch once I got my footing and tried to slow my breathing. I slowly look up at him when I hear him ask my name. "It's Helena" I say above a whisper, so that he could only hear. Pushing back a stray piece of hair from my eyes and behind my ear.
    Fiddler
    Fiddler
    BroBot

Post by Fiddler Mon May 27, 2013 4:11 pm

Helena,well now that I got her name lets get down before I make a fool of myself. I give her a smile "Probably best if we get down, I cant exactly keep saving damsels as my day job" snickering as I take a step down to a lower branch, and leap down from there. Yes! I thought to myself, I actually landed on both feet! I take a step away from the tree and turn. "you comi-" I get stopped short as she dances to the ground. The lads crowding around us now I bring my ragged attitude back to the surface. "A-alright lads I 'eard there were a couple more girls just waiting to be saved from the roast on the fire!" Earning myself a laugh as we start back to camp. I let them get ahead a few paces before taking a look to where I thought Helena was but instead finding her getting onto her horse.
    Savannah
    Savannah
    VIP Member
    VIP Member

Post by Savannah Mon May 27, 2013 10:37 pm

"I'm not your average damsel" I say quietly as I follow after him. Jumping down to the lower branch and then gracefully landing on the ground below me. When I looked up I saw all the men surround us and I felt for sure I was in real danger. Until the guy said something to make them laugh and they all started to walk away. That was when I finally able to breathe right and whistled for my horse. When she came I gracefully hoped up on to her back and turned to make my way towards home. Before I could move I heard the sound of hooves and smile when I saw Luca. One of our most loyal guards and a true friend that help protect the estate. "Milady! Are you alright? You father sent me in search of you and I heard you scream" Luca says galloping past the group of men and stopping in front of my horse. "All is well Luca. I slipped coming down" I say pointing to the tree. "But I saved myself" I say smiling looking over at the group of men before looking at Luca. "Lady Helena you should be more careful. You know how your father feels about you climbing trees." Luca says looking at the tree and then at me. "Yes I do and I am careful. Shall we get back to the castle. I have chores to do" I say smiling as I steer my horse towards the path. "I'll race you" I call to Luca as I took off in a gallop down the path past the men and towards my home. With Luca fast on my tail.
    Fiddler
    Fiddler
    BroBot

Post by Fiddler Mon May 27, 2013 11:43 pm

the roast tasted splendid and the feast that marked out day of arrival at the settlement was fantastic every way. I even pulled out my fiddle and played a few favorites! We danced until weary and then many took to their beds. Though as many could see, I wasn't worn out yet. I decided a walk would do me good. I had a few of the gents who had bought me drinks point me in the direction of the estate and I decided to take a look for myself. The night air was fresh and the cool didn't bother me as I went. The half moon in the sky lit my way and soon enough I found myself approaching the ramparts. They were about two men tall and preceded by a clearing of 50 ft or so. In all counts quite average for a building of it's stature. I then reminded myself why I was here. Continuing on around the woods I kept my distance but took a look to see if there were any flaws in their so called defenses. Perhaps Helena with her emerald eyes lived here. I should make a point to inquire about her in the morning.

I noticed around the back of the walls some old vines that climbed most of the wall. By any means they wouldn't be able to support anyone on their own but with my skill I might be able to make use of them. Looking closer I noticed a torch on the walls. Scampering I fled a little ways into the woods not wanting to be seen this time of night.
    Savannah
    Savannah
    VIP Member
    VIP Member

Post by Savannah Wed May 29, 2013 12:16 am

The rest of the day seemed to go well. Once Luca and I got back to the castle. I sent my horse to a stable boy to get un saddled and brushed. While I went about my chores and lessons. My chores mostly consisted of going and helping those that lived on our estate that needed help. Mostly the sick and elderly people. After supper in the grand hall with the knights and all the folks that lived there. I practiced some of my sword skills with Luca and some of the other knights. Till I retired to my room for the rest of the night. Where I sit now late at night by my window writing by moonlight. Unable to sleep or forget about the events that happened in the woods earlier in the day.
    Fiddler
    Fiddler
    BroBot

Post by Fiddler Wed May 29, 2013 12:54 am

The night continued and I said my farewells to the walls for now and returned to the camp. To my surprise I wasn't the only one still awake. Around the embers now sat 10 people both men and women. They all talked seriously and didn't seem to notice my approach. "I've been kept from my sons long enough!" said one "It's time Lord Castanova paid dues to us instead!" an elderly man spoke. None of them seemed irrational but they certainly were angry. I debated interceding but instead chose to listen until more information could be gleaned.

After another auarter hour of listening I had put together that the fares for safe passage and dwellings in these parts had spiked. From my travels this wasn't uncommon these days. The peasents who normaly took this route could no longer afford the price and so lived here unable to resume their trade as many of their regular customers worked these lands and so would only deal with "Lawful" men. In any case, Taxation had driven the people in this camp to the ground.

I stood and made my entrance trying to look exactly as I intended to. "So why don't you take your gold back and teach him a lesson?" Silence greeted me. Stunned and surprised to hear an unfamiliar voice they took a moment to think about who I was. I proceeded with my plan, "In the past I've had a way with gaining an entry and perhaps gaining possession of certain belongings that their previous owners have been revealed of. Since this appears to be your plan why don't I lead the party into the Estate?" Another silence. Contemplating what I had said perhaps? I couldn't know. The darkness was just enough to hide their faces from me.

"Alright Aaron Desvent, that is your name is it not?" I gave a slight chuckle in reply, "we have others with such talents who would do so but I've a few here who are still mad at you for a few of those releaved belongings. Although some might not agree in letting you help us you are indeed the type of man we need. I would only hope I could make you see the right reason for doing acts such as these, rather than the reasons you've previously seemed to use."

I smirked at this. Not at all surprised that my name had traveled and a little of my ego perking up when he recommended me for the task. I duly replied, "Tomorrow night, about an hour before the moon rises have these men meet me nearest the wall on the north side, Closest to the vines. We'll go from there."

After hearing affirmation from many of the group I made my way to my logging. There would be many things to do in preparation tomorrow.

Ooc: what'll happen in the next day or two is what I've had in mind since the beginning. Feel free to add in, sidetrack, or do otherwise with the plot as it stands. Razz I've taken a few liberties directing the story and I certainly give you the freedom to do the same Smile
    Savannah
    Savannah
    VIP Member
    VIP Member

Post by Savannah Thu May 30, 2013 1:21 am

I hate the internet sometimes. I wrote a long post and it got deleted.

Outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=83840921

IC: Unable to sleep or stand my quarters any longer I thought of going out on a walk through the woods. Against my father wishes for me. He always think that I will get injured but doesn't realize I can take care of myself. Donning on my blackest dress and cloak. I strapped two daggers to my legs as I slip out of my room and out to the courtyard. Slipping my hood on and keeping to the woods as I quickly slip into the armory to don a sword around my waist for protection. As I slip out of the castle walls without anyone noticing me. As I was walking through the woods around the wall. I caught a glimpse of something or someone in front of me about 5 yards or so. Curiosity gnawing at me I decided to follow the person keeping my distance. I was taught how to track without being seen or heard. I followed the person deep through the woods and to what looked like a campsite. To where it looked like a bunch of men and women were sitting around a slowly dying fire. By the distance I was it faintly sounded like they were talking about my father.

I slowly snuck closer to the group careful not to be seen by the group or by the person I was following. I wanted to hear what they were saying about my father. It was the protective daughter in me. I stayed there and listened for a long while as they continued to what they were saying. I wasn't really surprised that they thought my father was the bad guy for the taxes. But what they didn't know was it wasn't us that were causing all the taxes. If it was up to us we wouldn't charge travelers to go through. We got some of supplies from passing through merchants. But if we did that they we wouldn't survive with the amount of taxes that were being taxed on us. We would have to close the doors on the people that found a home in our estate. Then what would happen to us.

As I listened I guessed I wasn't surprised. When the person I was following stepped into the light and turned out to be the guy that saved me in the tree earlier in the day. I kind of figured him and his men where here for something. But I didn't think it was to steal from my father. I stayed and listened to his plan learning that his name was Aaron desvent. When I saw him leave to go to where I figured his lodging was. I decided this might be the best time to confront him. I waited and followed until he was far enough from the people. But not to close to where he was staying. "So that is why your here Aaron Desvent? Your here to steal from lord castanova?" I ask keeping myself into the shadows.
    Fiddler
    Fiddler
    BroBot

Post by Fiddler Thu May 30, 2013 12:25 pm

Stopping where I was I considered Her words. It clearly was a she however I couldn't pinpoint the voice. I had heard it before yet I hadn't. "I would not steal for those who're undeserving, but to answer your question no it is not the reason why I'm here. I've come rather as a merchant of my trades and offering them as I go to anyone who would be of worthy cause or have the coin to change my mind. Though I won't be bought out by anyone mind you."

I turned around at this point to face my accuser. It was a dark shape in the brush about 5ft off from where I was. A glint of a sword told me she was armed but perhaps not fully motivated to use such a weapon.

I considered her reply but either way got ready to make my move. "Your words indicate that you would seek to impede my task to take from the rich and give to the poor and if I let you go you very well could go tell the lordship. So make your choice then, either I buy your silence for a day or I'm afraid I cant let you leave until the act is played through." I had my hands on my long daggers now. In many situations I would be at a disadvantage with such weapons but here, in the dark, against a sword, I was in my element. If she chose to fight she would be subdued.
    Savannah
    Savannah
    VIP Member
    VIP Member

Post by Savannah Thu May 30, 2013 11:45 pm

"I commend you on your quest to help the poor" I say looking at him and putting my hand on the top of my sword when I saw glints of metal on either side of him. "But I also don't take kindly to those that try to steal from me. Especially when we aren't your enemy. Your enemy is the one that raised the taxes forcing us to tax the merchants that we use to get supplies from. In order to keep up with the taxes in order for us to keep the estate. As a home for travelers that have found refuge inside our walls. But also to keep it a safe passage for travelers that use our property to travel through." I say walking a bit closer to him so that I didn't have to yell and attract anyone's attention. But also keeping myself in the shadows. "You see if we don't keep up with the taxes then lord forrelli the late dukes son will take the estate and close it to everyone. Don't you see we aren't your enemy? Lord forelli is your enemy." I say keeping my distance. But also getting a bit closer so that I could see the blue eyes from earlier shine from the full moon that was out.
    Fiddler
    Fiddler
    BroBot

Post by Fiddler Fri May 31, 2013 12:19 am

You may not be my enemy, but you are my problem.

I whip out my blades taking a step into a strike intended to disarm her. To my surprise this was parried and I forced onto the defensive against the longer range weapon. "Not bad for a sheltered princess." I started striking in succession seeing if she'd give me a way in. "You know," I stuttered concentrating on the swinging metal "These people need welfare," Jumping back as a well executed blow glances my shoulder, "In theory that money doesn't have to come from you," Advancing forward as she mis-parried a blow just managing to glance her right hand. A small cut just below her pinky. I took a step back. In sweat now watching her as we both caught out breath. "Perhaps. If you were to help me perhaps take from Lord Forrelli's treasure, we could come to a compromise." I rushed forward before I finished my words catching her a little off guard locking both my blades with her sword.

"So the question becomes, can I trust you?"
    Savannah
    Savannah
    VIP Member
    VIP Member

Post by Savannah Fri May 31, 2013 8:45 am

I quickly take my sword out and parried the blow towards my head. When I saw him take out his long blades and come after. "I'm not your average princess" I say as I did a couple side steps, parrying every single blow that he through my way with his long daggers. I bit my lip a took a deep breath as one of his daggers hit the side of my hand. "The question would be if I help you can I trust you? Can I trust you to stop this stealing raid on me? Aaron Desvent blue eye king of thieves." I ask as I take a step back as he locked my sword with his daggers. "I will put my sword away if you put the daggers away" I say trying to step back a bit when I felt some blood drip from the cut that was now on my hand.
    Fiddler
    Fiddler
    BroBot

Post by Fiddler Fri May 31, 2013 5:49 pm

I felt her grapple letting off a bit and tipped her sword to the side taking a step back in due course. Sheathing my blades with a sigh, never completely letting my guard down. I smirked, "The only way I can trust you is if you join us in the act. Do what you must tomorrow to make it so that we steal from Lord Forrelli's pockets but an hour after dusk meet back here in this clearing." I admired her featured as her expression changed. Now out of the shadows her skin was soft against the nights darkness, her hair in a braid by her side. I had always been intrigued by braids. Never having the reason to learn to tie one myself yet finding them beautiful especially with hair such as hers. Listening to her response I then bowed "As Blue eyed king of thieves I accept your terms, good night lady Helena."

Straitening up I turned my back on my opponent. Fairly sure now that she wasn't following I went back to my tent. There that tired me out nicely, thinking aloud as I settled in. The parting image of her image after our spar still on my mind.
    Savannah
    Savannah
    VIP Member
    VIP Member

Post by Savannah Fri May 31, 2013 10:24 pm

"Goodnight Aaron Desvent blue eyes king of thieves" I say smiling a little bit as I watch him leave before sheathing my sword and walking back towards my estate. Using the entrance I know to sneak back and put my sword back in the armory. Before making my way back up with a problem. Once in my quarters I change in to my night dressing gown and instantly fell asleep with the image of those blue eyes haunting me.
    Fiddler
    Fiddler
    BroBot

Post by Fiddler Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:46 pm

nudge. ... nudge nudge ... "uhmf" nudge nudge nudge "ehhhm alrighhhht , yeahh awake..." the force kept prodding me as I became aware of the sun in my eyes. I blinked once and rolled a little to try and shake off the prod in my side. It didn't stop. I finally sat up and made an effort to keep my eyes open. Sitting in front of me was a child of no more than 5. Big blue eyes, short blond hair showing signs of being attacked rather than cut. "Now why in the blazes were you prodding me from slumber?" I asked him slowly gaining my faculties.

"Ummm... I wanted to see if you would wake up." He said in a quiet child's voice. "And now that I am?" I never could put blame on the child's button nose for waking me. Luckily he still had his childhood innocence compared to myself. Some of us get the worse end of the stick if we wake up the sleeping giant.

He sat there for another moment then piped up with a smile. "You could help me find Blackberries!" Jumping up to his feet. "I know where they are sir! Just that away and around the bend a little! There are some tall ones I can never reach and with your help maybe I can!" Barel;y finishing his sentence he bolted out the door. I grabbed my belt and chased after him. I wasn't exactly dressed but a raggedy shirt and pants would do to chase after this lad.

As he said earlier we went 'that away' then around a bend and there they were. A blackberry bush full with berries, prickles and a squirrel which bolted away at the arrival of the child. He then found a juicy looking berry and put it in his mouth, making sure they still tasted the same. With a look of acknowledgement he then looked at me and started jumping up and down. "Now pick me up and lets get at those higher ones!"

I couldn't help but smile. Here's a boy I didn't even know the name of and I've already been recruited into his blackberry acquiring crusade. "What's your name bud?" I picked him up plopping him on my shoulders. giggling he replied "Sam sir!" I stood up and already he was leaning across my face extending his arm towards the bush.

We got a couple berries before the unspeakable happened. The voice nobody wanted to hear. "SAMUEL FREDERIC ROACH WHAT ARE YOU DOING OVER THERE!?" That's it. We were done for! I turned around slowly. Both mine and the boys head trying to hide in the ground. "And you sir assisting in another raid on this poor tree do you realize that this monster has devoured more than 10 pies worth of berries in the past week!" I gained my composure a little hands making sure Sam wouldn't fall off. "Well his recruitment scheme is very effective." I said turning my head a bit and smiling. "Now you little rascal get off that mans shoulders and go find your sister before i have a go at you!" bending over for the boy as he leaped off my back. The mother giving him a stern but loving look as he scampered off as fast as his little legs could take him. "Thank you for that, he doesn't have many friends, the name's Margaret. My husband's away for the moment and until then me and the eldest take care of the runt." I opened my mouth to reply but she quickly continued "Well I'd best be off. The laundry won't do itself! It was nice meeting you!"

That was an adventure!
    Savannah
    Savannah
    VIP Member
    VIP Member

Post by Savannah Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:16 am

I woke up early or more like gotten woken up early by my lady in waiting Giacinta. "M'lady it time to awaken. Your father wont be pleased to see you diddling all in bed unless you are ill" Giacinta says shaking my shoulder again. "Okay Giacinta i'm awake" I say rubbing my eyes as I roll over and sit up in bed. I watched as Giacinta walks over to pick out one of my dresses. As I went over to the table that had the washing bowl and washed my face. "What does father have me doing this morning?" I ask giacinta as I walk behind the changing screen and change out of my bed clothes and into my dress. "Why your lessons of course m'lady. You know your father thinks every young lady should be well educated" Giacinta says as she pulls me to the chair and start to braid my hair up and off my neck. "Of course. Every young lady should be educated but also helpless and vulnerable. Always relying on a gentlemen to come save and protect her. Sounds boring to me" I say quietly as I grab my lesson book and start to do them as Giacinta finishes my hair and leaves the room. Leaving me to my lessons on my own.

I did as much as I could bare during the morning before I couldn't stand the sight of the book any more. That is when I grab my cloak and sneak out of my room and down to the corridor. I only got halfway to the stables when I heard a voice behind me. "Trying to sneak out of lessons?" I froze and took a deep breath as I turn expecting the worse. But only smile when I saw Luca one of our trusted knights behind me and one of closest friends. Luca and I practically grew up together. His father was one of our knights and papa let Luca and his mother stay in the estate to be closer to his father. Luca learned how to be a knight with my two brothers. He was actually one of the three that taught me how to fight.

"Luca do not frighten me like that. I thought you were my father" I pout glare at him. "I'm sorry Helena I couldn't help myself" Luca says smiling. "Trying to sneak out of your lessons again?" He asks smiling. "Yes I am. They are boring. If my father doesn't have you doing anything. Would you accompany me to the clearing and help me practice my sword?" I ask looking at him as I start to walk towards the stables. "Lady Helena I knew you would sneak out sooner or later and I already have everything prepared." Luca says signaling to someone. Which is then when I stable boy walk out with two saddled horses. My horse had my sword and bow and arrows already strapped to the saddle. "Shall we m'lady" Luca says smiling as he gives me a hand into my saddle. And we gallop full force out of the walls and to the clearing in the middle of the woods. Which is where we dismounted and started to practice our swords.

Outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/untitled_196/set?id=62856598#
    Fiddler
    Fiddler
    BroBot

Post by Fiddler Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:12 am

The rest of the morning went quickly as I spent it dressing then doing chores around the camp like chopping firewood for the next meal. After lunch however I took to my tent and laid out the tools of my trade. Several files of various sizes as well as saws which each served a different purpose, and the remainder included a lock picking set, and a sleeping potion that is effective once inhaled.

I started with the files taking my time oiling each instrument and making sure it was ready to be silent and effective. When I was finished I tucked them into their respective places in my outfit for tonight then covered the lot with a blanket.

Next step was to make sure I had someone to count on if things went sour. I found my merchant friends Micheal and Barnaby. Giving them the appropriate coin I arranged for horses to be at the right place at the right time should we need them. I also talked to the locals and found that one had been a servant at the estate for the lords and would know his way around. Recruiting him to my quest was a simple matter of issuing the word and he was all over the idea. Looks like this was getting easier by the second. I looked forward to the other men the secret council had promised me last night.

Now if only I knew how she planned to get Lord Fernelli's money... Perhaps one of his tax caravans was spending the night and we'd rob from that? Or maybe the two lords already and an agreement that partial treasuries were to be kept in separate places. I wouldn't know until tonight.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 1:15 pm