Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

2 posters

The Cupcake and the Muffin

Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

The Cupcake and the Muffin Empty The Cupcake and the Muffin

Post by Mercy Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:37 am

Background:
    you and I have been dating for almost two years now, we were planning to move in together, maybe even get married. We have been best friends since we were both oddball freshman in high school. You have been a Hunter almost your entire life, it runs in your blood. Your life has been adding up to your destiny, to slay and kill any demonic force [ie: Vampires, Werewolves, Demons, Fae, Elven, etc]; and since we’ve been dating I’ve been always under the suspicion that you were cheating on me due to your late hour shifts on patrol.
    One night, on October seventeenth at midnight, I got too close and followed you out one night and you were against vampires, one of them happened to scratch me quite badly, and when you brought me home and tried to take care of me, we argued… Bad…
    [Date: October 18, 2013, 2 Am:
    Place: Your House]
    “Tell me what just happened!” I cry out of pure frustration, wincing as you wrap my arm in gauze.
    “I can’t, just forget about it!” You snap right back, your grip tightening down on my arm.
    “Fine!” I shout right back, growling with fury, “If you don’t want to tell me what’s wrong then we are THROUGH!”
    Your eyes fall, hand clenched on the door with white knuckles, “I can’t…Tell you…”
    My anger rages further and I snarl in discontent, “Then I can’t be with you.”
    Turning away, I hear you whimper a little and my speed picks up to a swift run, fiddling my keys to unlock my car. The rain was heavy, and I launch myself into my car and pull out of the driveway…

[Date: Oct 19, 2013:
    Early the next morning]
    You step into your kitchen, the light beams onto the dusty counter and you flick on the tv as you make your coffee.
    “…In local news, young adult Adrian Freeman passed away in a violent car crash early this morning, but the body was not found. Police are investigating further to see the cause of the death.”

With a shaking hand, you click off the tv, sweat forming along your brow…

[3 Months Later is where we will start this.]

It is now three months since I have had my car accident, and you have been doing what you can to get over everything and move on with your life, but something in the back of your mind sticks from the news ”The body was not found.”
    One night, while on patrol, we meet, but things about me are much, much different. You notice my eye color has changed, I look famished, as if I have not eaten for days.
    But your job as a hunter, would be to kill me before I can harm any humans… Will you stick to your job as a Hunter, and avoid getting in trouble with the Order? Or will your heart give into what we once shared?
    ~*~*~*~*~*

Bio: Must be a very nice, descriptive depiction of your character... Faith, you know the gist, be detaily and whatnots. Blahblahblahz
    My character will be up soon :3
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

The Cupcake and the Muffin Empty Re: The Cupcake and the Muffin

Post by Faith Wynters Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:29 am

Alright. I have class in less then ten so I've got to bolt, but I'll write my bio when I get home and post it up.

**Edit**

I will not be able to post up my bio tonight. Partially due to me being exhausted and lazy and partially because I have a question. What character ages are these meant to be? Older, younger, or somewhere Inbetween?
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:52 pm

I was thinking of making mine in her twenties. maybe 21 even.... nah 20 is fine lol you can choose from 18-22 if you want idk lol
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:17 pm

OK. I'll write my bio on the bus and post bit asap!

It might be a few hours. I've got a marching competition. tonight.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:20 pm

Alright sounds good hun no rush
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:56 pm

Spoiler:
    Adrian Freeman

Sexuality: Bisexual…SO what? NO I’m not confused

Appearance
    Spoiler:

Eye Color: A dark hazel, turns an iris color when angered, or vampire is provoked.

Skin Color: Extremely moonlight pale

Style: Normally a pair of skinny jeans and a t shirt, nothing fancy. I normally wear eyeliner, but nothing else… Make up.. is weird..
    A Peek into My Personality

Spoiler:
    [i]What to say about myself… I’m sarcastic, awkward and I really don’t like people in general. I find them obnoxious and just a waste of space. If there were a button to destroy half the world, including a 90% chance of killing myself, I would push it. No doubt about it.

But, I ramble… I like to draw… and paint… I also like to sing a little bit… I am an introvert, I like being ALONE in my room doing things by myself. I honestly thought there was something wrong with me, but then I realized it was just my weird personality. I make strange sounds when I feel awkward and I don’t like when people lie. It bugs me. Just tell me the truth. I’m perceptive, and I can tell when people are being fake, which most of the time they are… I like music, drinking, and smoking [the good stuff, and occasionally cigarettes].

Before I became vampire-fied, I went to college to become an art teacher… or whatever, mostly it was my parents who pushed me to do that.. I didn’t even want to go to college in the first place… School is for people who conform into society’s mold… And that isn’t my goal. I don’t want to be a sheep.

My Past

I grew up in a four person family, me being the youngest, my two older brothers [Aaron and Derek], and my mom. Where daddy dearest is, I have no idea… He left before I could even remember what I ate for breakfast… We grew up in the same town, same place, and all my life I was teased for being shy, quiet and awkward.  I never found school fun, or people interesting to talk to so I would just shove my nose in a book, or draw.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:02 pm

The Cupcake and the Muffin Beautiful-girl-blue-eyes-dark-hair-Favim.com-464476

Character Chart
    Character’s full name:  Mira Elizabeth La'Mar
    Reason or meaning of name: Dweller of the water
    Character’s nickname: One of her old friends used to call her Lemur Reason for nickname: In first grade no one could pronounce her name and Suzie Peddleton said she was from the Lemur family because Mira loved to climb on the monkey bars.
    Birth date: November 21  

Physical appearance
    How old does she appear: about19; She looks younger than her age. How old does she act: She is far more mature than her age might suggest.
    Weight: 5'5"
    Height: 124lbs
    Body build: Mira has an average body build. She's a little bit muscular from all the running and fighting, but most of the bulk she has doesn't really show. She has long legs that meet a curvaceous torso. She isn't flat chested,but she definitely isn't as well endowed as some of the women her age. She's average. Shape of face: Mira has a face of innocence. Soft skin with round cheeks. It works well when she is faced with stronger foes. They underestimate her. Eye color: Blue
    Glasses or contacts: Contacts
    Skin tone: Pale cream color.
    Distinguishing marks: Mira has a scar in the shape of a ring on her stomach. She fell off her bike when she was little and the bikehandle almost went through her stomach. She also has various scars from fights that she has been in over the years.
    Hair color: Brown
    Type of hair: Mira's hair is quite thick and long. She is able to put it up if she needs to for any reason.
    Hairstyle: (See Appearance)
    Overall attractiveness: She doesn't think that she is all that attractive, but she has been approached by some.
    Physical disabilities: Mira has a bad ankle that sometime collapses beneath her when she runs for a very long time. Believe it or not, she sustained it playing volleyball.
    Usual fashion of dress: http://www.polyvore.com/vampire_hunter/set?id=88488867

Personality
    Good personality traits: Mira is very trustworthy. Once you gain her trust, it is very easy for her to open up. Although she doesn't socialize with most, when she's in a situation where she has to, she is kind and funny.
    Bad personality traits: It takes a lot for Mira to trust someone and once you've broken that trust then don't expect to regain it. When it comes her her home, one could say Mira is inhospitable. She doesn't want people in her space; she likes being alone.
    Mood character is most often in: Pissed off or meh
    What single event would most throw this character’s life into complete turmoil? : It has already happened: The loss of  Adrian
    Character is most at ease when: Taking a bath
    Most ill at ease when: The location of her target it unknown.

Family: Mira was left at a very young age. Still unable to walk, Mira was left on the doorstep of the local library. She grew up in an orphanage until she was about five. Then, she was adopted by a couple unable to have children of their own. She grew up pretty normal, until she was about thirteen. Her parents were cornered after the circus show they took her too. They were killed and Mira ran out of the circus tent. Her parents were never found. Without a family, she was taken in by the organization and found a new home, in exchange for her services.
    Mode of transportation: A ford pickup
    Most prized possession: A locket given to her by her adopted mother.

Hobbies
    Plays a musical instrument? : Saxophone
    Plays a sport?:She runs and sometimes plays tennis
    How he/she would spend a rainy day: Reading a book and relaxing. Or... killing dark rain fairies.
    Spending habits: She treats herself sometimes, but she knows what its like to have nothing.
    Smokes: Only when she is really stressed.
    Drinks: Sometimes
    Other drugs: She sometimes takes sleeping medication to help her sleep.
    Extremely skilled at: Killing things
    Extremely unskilled at: Dancing o.o
    Nervous tics: When thinking about something hard, Mira sometimes will mutter under her breath.

Traits
    Optimist or pessimist? Pessimist
    Daredevil or cautious? Daredevil
    Logical or emotional? Logical
    Disorderly and messy or methodical and neat?: Messy to some is neat to her. She isn't a stickler for super clean because she can find everything. She doesn't have time to clean her home top to bottom.
    Prefers working or relaxing? : Working
    Confident or unsure of himself/herself? : She's usually quite confident.
    Animal lover?: Yes
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:54 pm

“Hey, my name is Aaron… so…could I, buy you a drink?” A young man slung over Adrian’s shoulder, a smug smile implanted on his face, the smell of alcohol wafting in his breath. Adrian’s nose shrinks a bit and she turns her head away from him and then back.
    Why the hell not?
    “Sure.” She states, raising her eyebrows and shifting a little from one foot to the other. It’s not like it mattered anyway…
    She smiles a bit, her eyes twinkling and filtering into a dark iris color, going unnoticed in the dark, vibrant florescent light. The man stumbles over to the bar, still clinging to Adrian’s shoulders, more for support by this point.
    “Two drinks… Uh..” He turns to her blankly, “What do you want?”
    Adrian smirks, her eyes flirting towards the bartender and she leans over the counter, grabbing a cherry and biting it off the stem slowly, “Scotch please.”
    “Uh..Same,” Aaron stutters, taking out his money and slapping it down on the counter.
    Releasing eye contact with the bartender, he nods, “I’m going to need to see an ID.”
    Adrian growled a little, “Does it matter? I got in here, I should be able to get a drink.”
    The bartender puts his hands down on the counter and sighs, “Whatever…”
    Taking her drink, she pulls her man candy over to a side booth and sits him down, sitting on his lap, a dark grin on her face.
    “So…What do you say we blow this joint and head somewhere…comfier?”
    “Well, hell, I don’t see why not.” Aaron’s hands reach down her lower back and she quickly scooches off his lap and sits next to him, taking two big gulps of her scotch.
    “So, what’s your name?” He asks, clearly interested for one thing: getting laid. Drunk humans to Adrian were… so delightful.
    She looks down at her glass for a moment and then back up at him, “Alex, my name is Alex.”
    “Well, Alex, why don’t I..walk you home, make sure you get there safe…” He winks, and she agrees, gulping down the rest of her drink. Vampires didn’t get drunk…easily, so she used that to her advantage most of the time.
    Wrapping his arms around her waist, they leave the bar and begin to walk down the street.
    “Oh, we should take a short cut to my house, it’s… faster,” She says to him, nudging in closer to him, listening to his heart beat, his scent smelled so wonderful.
    “Okay…” He says, and she quickly pulls them across the street and into the cemetery gates, “You sure this is the right way?” Aaron’s eyes dart from left, then right as he cautiously steps over a slate.
    “You’re not afraid, are you?” Adrian asks, a playful ring to her voice and Aaron quickly straightens up.
    “No way…Are YOU afraid?” He asks, and she shakes her head, making it a point to grip onto his arm a little stronger and pulls him forward closer to a large willow tree which resided in the middle of the graveyard, “Woah, slow down there, and careful with the squeezing! You are stronger than you look!” He spits out in a drunken clumsy stooper.
    “No,” She shakes her head, “I’m not afraid…”
    As they near the willow tree she yanks him behind it and pushes him up against the trunk and smirks, locking his wrists in her hands.

“But… you should be…” She smiled, her teeth forming more sharp and jagged, and her face forming into a deformed, demonic smile.

Before Aaron could let out a scream, she sunk her teeth in deep and began to drink.

The body dropped to the ground, her teeth began to fade into normal again, and her eyes filtered back to their hazel color.

Now came the guilt.

She dropped to her knees, looking at the lifeless body laying down on the ground; she wipes her mouth clean, blood smearing onto her hands .

“What have I become…” She mutters, running her hands angrily through her hair. Quickly standing, she begins to run, feeling every blade of grass brush against her feet as she moved faster and faster, as if running could solve everything. All the fights, all the terrible mistakes she had made…. Bloody tears began to run down her face and she began to slow down, lacking the energy to move on. Her hair falls over her face and she turns to her right, seeing a flower on a grave. Removing the flower, she reads the text:

Adrian Freeman
    1993-2013

It was then and there, Adrian began to break down, and she cried for the first time in three months…
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:57 pm

The dark seemed normal to me now; I always worked in it. If I wasn't sleeping or eating then I was working. Ai was always on the move. Whether it be hunting the vampires or searching for other ungodly creatures to exterminate, I had more luck during the darker hours.

I walked along a narrow path that winded through the trees. It was a small escape from the world. I was very near the cemetery that I often frequented on the loneliest of nights when I was forced to walk my rounds for the Orginization. I could hear the quietest sound of buzzing wings as I passed each tree.They were watching over their woods, and trying to warn me of the danger that hid in the shadows.

This was no normal march through the woods. This was a hunt. A hunt for a specific being in the woods that took to the shadows to hide. An orc had settled in these woods. There had been a few disappearances and it was my job to dispose of it. I could tell I was getting close. The sound of fluttering wings slowly molded into silence. They would not interfere with my work or that of the Orc.

Before too long the silence morphs into the deep breathing. There is a low growl in warning and when I refuse to turn and run, the battle begins. Although I cannot see him, I can hear him and that is enough for now. The knife gleams silver in the patches of moonlight. I turn, listening.

Before I can do anything, I am hit right into a tree. I grunt; I had already been sore before. Now I was only interested in killing this thing. We did a dance in the silver moonlight. I could see him now: blood dried on his lips, massive hands wrapped around a club. I just needed to get him in the soft spot of his throat.

I ran up the tree, watching as the orc yelled behind me. Hitting the tree with his bear fists he tries to climb up after me. I smirk, knowing this was my chance. I jump from the tree branch, landing on him with arms wrapped around his throat, knife buried deep within the beast. He is still for a moment before violently shaking and falling dead soon after on his knees.

"May the blessings of God be with you in the next life." The words are spoke aloud into the woods, blood spread across the animal's face in honor. I dislodge my knife from his throat, wiping it clean on the bit of cloth covering the Orc's torso.

Now, the fluttering returned and I continued my walk, marching onward to the cemetery. I still had rounds to do even if my task had been completed and I was sore.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:05 pm

The sniffles began to bother her. A lot. And she wiped her nose on her sleeve and began rubbing the tears away angrily. She couldn't look back, she just couldn't... It wasn't possible to regain all she'd lost...If only she had let her explain...If only...things had been different...

Stumbling upward from her gravestone she rips the petals off the flowers, letting them fall to the ground and she quickly backs away and begins to move swiftly through the graveyard towards the willow tree again and she climbs up it, easier than she ever could have...

"Reminiscing are we?"

A dark, silk voice lingers over the shadows of the trees and seeps into Adrian's thoughts and a flashback begins to appear before her..

A bloody hand staggers out, gasping for breath out of the car wreck.

I'm not going to make it...Am I? Adrian's thoughts were scrambled, a pale, sturdy hand grasped onto her wrist, cutting into her tender skin.

"Come with me," The deep voice beckoned with a soft, gentle gesture, "You will be so much greater than you could have ever imagined"

Adrian snapped out of it and crouched on the branch, as if ready to pounce. Her eyes blossom into an iris color and she growls deeply.

"You stay away from me, look what you've turned me into."

The man's eyes flicker upward and Adrian's eyes lock with his - a deep, amethyst purple - and his face slithers into a smile.

"The greatest creation?"

"NO," Adrian growls, "A monster. You should have let me go."

The man shakes his head, "Let you go? With so much potential? I could never do such a thing. After I saw you leave that wretched Hunter's house...I knew you could do it...You could kill them all..."

"What?" Her eyes narrow.

His expression changes to a surprised look, "You didn't know?"

"Know what?"

"I thought you...."

"You better talk before I strangle you."

"Nothing, my dear... It's nothing, let's...Talk about something else."

Adrian felt a zap jolt through her, and suddenly felt compelled to linger in silence.

"That's it, dear... Just relax. This will all be over soon.."

His head cocks to the side, and turns towards the other direction.

"Sounds like someone's out there..."

Adrian cranes her neck towards where he was looking, but saw, or heard nothing.

"Someone who... is probably just dying to see you. She is coming..." He turns towards Adrian and gives a small wave and darts off out of the graveyard.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:09 pm

I know you were the last one to post here, but I wanted to ask before hand. Since this place has picked up I've been roleplaying more. I still really want to continue this roleplay. Would you mind if we continued this? I would have a post up tomorrow.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:47 am

OOC - lets pick up where we left off ^_^
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:49 pm

I had been offered a position elsewhere, in order to keep my personal feelings from interfering with my work. They knew that something had to be up, but they refused to admit it. You didn’t just lose someone’s body. I gritted my teeth, looking up at the stars above. It didn’t matter. She was dead. That’s what I had been telling myself since the accident. It was better for her to be dead than to be… I closed my eyes; I had stopped walking, having gotten lost in the thoughts the often wriggled their way back into my mind. I took in a deep breath, looking across the area. I was no longer in the thick woods, but in the opening into the cemetery. Oftentimes, the dark flitted around here waiting for the stupid kids that came on dares or luring their prey here. I cleared my throat. This was what I was truly here for.

I move to take a step forward, but stop. Someone clears their throat behind me and I stop. I know who it is and why they have come. I pause a moment before turning around to face the taller woman watching me; she does not seem happy to see me. Her dark hair blends into the darkness of the forest behind her. She has always been light on her feet, and I could only wish that one day I am as silent as she is. There’s a pause before she looks up at the sky.

“Pleasant night for a stroll, hm?” Her voice is soft but strong in the growing silence of the night. I can’t help the sigh that escapes my lips. She would be here, right when I wanted to be left alone. I turn quietly to watch her. There is a moment of silence between us before I turn back.

“Yes, it’s a beautiful night for protecting the Order and humanity” The words slip almost unknowingly through my lips. I can feel her moving around me until she faces me once more. She wants to look me in the eye. No matter how older she is and no matter how higher of a rank she is, we sometimes do not see eye to eye. For that, she loves giving me a good scolding when she thinks that I deserved it..
    “You know what you’ve left back there. You know what I am going to say about it.” She is less harsh than she usually is and it catches me off guard. I look her in the eyes, leaning back slightly to enjoy the fact that tonight something had happened; this was the least worry for her right now.

“The forest will use it for food and by sunrise there will be nothing left” That was my excuse in this case. She squints, staring me down for the moment. She didn’t like the excuse, but it was because I knew that didn’t always happen. There were lives at risk, but leaving the dead Orc for a human to find was probably just as bad. I rolled my eyes away from her.

“By sunrise the Orc needs to be gone” Those are the only words that slip from her lips before she turns and dashes back into the darkness of the woods. She has other things to worry about right now. Something big must be going on for her to be so short about the whole matter. I try not to think much of it. I need to be more occupied with my rounds than with the higher ranking problems. I groaned quietly; what a mindless foot soldier I was. I looked back up to the clear sky, the moon bright, illuminating the rows of headstones that stuck out of the ground; little markers of life, death, and loss.

I began confidently across the open space. I knew where I was headed. The cemetery was large, but I had memorized my route in the dark long ago. I came this direction because it was the closest opening to her. I take in a deep breath, resettling the pack on my back, taking carefully blind steps across the stone paths and grass. It hadn’t been long since I had visited here; my rounds required a walk through the cemetery on Friday and Saturday nights along with any night that could possibly be a celebratory time for the rest of society. There were other times that were required, but it was easy to come through at least three times a week to make sure that nothing was happening. All the dead needed to rest peacefully and the slaughter of innocents on holy ground was not something The Order took kindly.
    It took me about five minutes to make the trek in the dark to her headstone. I could feel the knots forming in my stomach. I wanted to see her again, but I took pain in going to her place of rest. I didn’t cry often, but the weeks that were unusually rough, I could break down here without feeling alone, but being alone all the same. Another deep breath. I stopped in the darkness, just far enough away to only see the shadow cast in the light of the moon. Deep breath. A few more steps. Deep breath. I could see the words cast in white across the thick stone, petals from a past flower littering the ground in front of the stone. I grit my teeth, kneeling in front of the stone in silence. I could stop and think for a little while before moving on; there was a long time before the sun would cast its light upon this part of the Earth.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:13 pm

Taking a slow exhale, Adrian's eyes flicker over quickly towards a dark figure kneeling over her grave. Adrian knew Mira anywhere, she knew the shape of her hands because she'd had watched them when Mira was getting into a story, and she knew the shape of her body because Adrian would watch her when she walked, noticing her arms would always swing more than her hips.

Adrian took in a sharp breath as she hid in the tree; the scent of Mira was almost over powering. The blood... Adrian could almost hear it coursing through her veins. It made her salivate... she could feel her body shake, her sharp teeth poking through , the heart beat pulsated in her ears and she bit down on the inside of her cheek.

She continued to stay fixated on Mira's dark shadow, and she began to taste blood.

Had she bitten her cheek that hard? Running her tongue along the side of her mouth, she feels the soft skin busted open, a thick mixture of blood and saliva forming in her mouth.

The taste was bitter as she forced herself to swallow it, for if she spit, she might cause a scene, Mira was far from oblivious to her surroundings.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:46 pm

I watched the stone in the darkness a moment. It had only been three months since that stupid night but I was still hopelessly missing her. I had hoped I would be strong enough just to forget about her. I hoped I would be able to forget and move up the ranks of The Order. I had gained standing since her passing, simply because I had replaced all the time I used spending with Adrian to work. I pressed my eyes closed... Adrian... I couldn't think of anyone I missed more than I had missed her the past three months.

"I don't know how I'm going to get through the rest of my life without you..." I snort, pulling my pack off of my back. "I can't even get through six months without turning into a mess" I closed my eyes a moment, blindly unzipping the smallest pocket on the front. I wasn't sure why the petals were strewn about the site; I just assumed they were picked up by the wind we often had. I pull out a zip lock bag, taking a single flower out of the plastic. I place it down, just like I had done a few nights before. It was a symbol for me. A symbol that told her that I was still thinking about her. I still cared.    

"May the blessings of God be with you in the next life" My words had strengthened as I spoke with my offering. Blood would be the normal offering. In this case I had chosen something a little less harsh. I smiled lightly, reaching up to push my loose hair behind my ear.

I wanted to stay all night, but I felt that it would be best if I went sooner rather than later.  I knew that I still had responsibilities elsewhere in order to keep people safe. I didn't want the evils of this world harming anyone else. The least amount of deaths we could have and the least amount of changes that occured, the safer The Order made the world. If I wanted anything anymore that was it.

"Goodnight Adrian." I muttered the words quietly as I pulled myself to my feet. I pulled the blade quietly out of its sheath. Now, I needed to be ready for anything that could approach and harm me. I glanced around in the darkness. The fluttering that seemed always apparent in the background had ceased. I wasn't sure what, but something was out there. I turned quietly, beginning to walk slowly back towards the path I had come from.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:38 pm

Adrian continued to watch, iris eyes consistently watching Mira as she muttered a few words under her breath. Adrian's ears perked up and she tried to listen in on what she was saying.

"I don't know how I'm going to get through the rest of my life without you. I can't even get through six months without turning into a mess."

Adrian's eyes widened a bit, tears forming in the corners of her eyes.

"May the blessings of God be with you in the next life... Goodnight Adrian."

As she turned, Adrian watched something glint in the moonlight...A dagger...Was she pulling out a dagger?? Adrian growled, remembering the night of the fight, anger boiled inside her as the memory became more vivid in her mind; the screaming, the secrecy... What was she doing trying to fight vampires anyway? It's not like she could have won against them...

Her thoughts slowed to a halt as she watched Mira tread back down the path she had come from.

Now would be the best time for escape.

Shimmying down the tree, Adrian pressed herself up against the sturdy trunk, trying to stay as low as possible to the ground.

Running away was the best option.

For the both of them...

It would be less painful...

Right?

The thoughts made Adrian's head race this way and that, her head pounded, her head space lessened. Panic was taking control... Adrian began to sprint across, in the opposite direction that Mira had been going. She planned to leave this whole town behind, coming back was the first mistake, seeing Mira again would just be another...
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:44 pm

My eyes were closed as I walked. They were very little help to me open. I stepped cautiously through the headstones and avoided all of what I thought were holes. It was stupid of me to walk around like that, but I was careless often. If it wasn’t something I deemed serious danger then I probably did it haphazardly.

The breeze had picked up as I made it back onto the small stone path. I heard and felt the change in terrain under my feet and instinctively opened my eyes. I still held the dagger in my hand, the cool metal hanging loosely by my side. From here I would need to take the path down about ten rows, cutting across the cemetery and back towards the city. I needed to do my rounds in the larger park at the center of the city before I could go home and get some rest. I began walking down the road, my shoes making crunching sounds on the very small pathway as I walked. Maybe tonight, unlike any other nights I would be able to get home before sunrise…sunrise…

“Damn” I muttered quiet curses as I slowed to a stop. I looked across the moonlit area in front of me. I had to go back and take care of the Orc…or at least make sure that it was taken by the forest and not just left for a morning jogger to possibly find. If I didn’t do it now, I would either forget or have to come back across town before sunrise to take care of it. If Janice found out that I had left the Orc too long then I was sure to face her unhindered fury.

I let my head fall for a moment; I didn’t want to have to go all the way back and dispose of a body. I can’t help but groan before blindly turning around. I can’t help the yelp as my foot catches on a tombstone, making me fall. I land in a heap on the ground. I flinch, feeling a sharp pain in my knee as it caught on something hard beneath me. I lie there a moment, trying to ignore the stinging in my leg. I look back in the shadows; I was caught on the corner of a square piece of granite. Just my luck. I can feel the warmth beginning to soak in the cloth of my jeans. I cursed, loudly into the silence. If I found any vampires on patrol then my job would only be made harder. I took in a deep breath, pressing my hands into the soft grass. I push myself up onto my feet. Once up, I feel blindly at the dark fabric. The cut that was beneath the fabric was soaked the fabric until it was wet and warm. I was sure the bleeding would stop soon, but for now I just had to ignore the feeling. I bend down, picking up the silver blade that had fallen to the ground. I was just lucky that I hadn’t caught myself with my blade instead. I turn, walking more carefully back towards the woods, there was no going back to change now.

Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:57 pm

The smell of blood makes Adrian pause in her tracks. It wafted over the open air, had Mira hurt herself?

Oh god...

Now there was a reason to help her... And Adrian couldn't find the courage to turn her ass around to help the one person she still had feelings for...

Was it worth it? No... It couldn't...

Before she knew it, she was turning around and coming in hot, the smell of blood was overpowering. Her thoughts were flying much too fast...

With a shudder, she digs her heels into the ground and stops just a few feet in front of Mira, lingering in the shadows. Her breath was shaky, her anxiety rising.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:58 am

I cleared my throat in the silence. That was one thing that someone could be sure would happen when they stepped into this yard after dark. There was a deathly silence that spread over the smooth stones and flat earth that one could hardly ignore. Most of the time I accepted the silence; I actually enjoyed it. There were sometimes, however, when the silence mixed with certain thoughts I had often it drove me crazy.

I looked across the small space I had between the woods and myself. I could make it in no time. I smiled quietly, taking long strides ahead; the forest would give me reprieve from the silence. What was grass and gravel mixed with dirt until there was only a dirt path left in front of me. I hadn’t left the animal too far in the forest, and I knew that in the mornings, joggers were always present on the calming little path. I continued forward, looking through the darkness of the trees. These forest Orcs were strange in their habits. They were mostly pack creatures, but with one showing up in such a small forest, I could assume he was one from banishment. If that was the case, he could either have a mate or be alone. I pushed air quietly from my lungs. These animals were all so complicated. Every scenario with every species was different and you had to know all of them or risk dying. For that, I watched the darkness and listened to the humming of insects and fairies of this forest. If the humming stopped, there was danger nearby. That was the one thing I could count on in these cases; the reaction of the local life to danger.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:33 pm

"You're bleeding..." The words had flown out of her mouth so quickly, she took a shocking stumble backwards. Uncomfortable, Adrian crumpled down to her knees and rips off her sleeve and placed it on the ground where the moonlight hit, her hand fell back into the shadows quickly.

"Uh..Here... use this to wrap it..." Adrian put her hood over her head, her hair cascading over her face.

She gritted her teeth, how could she be so stupid... Did she really still care about Mira...?

Her gut screamed yes...

But why?

It didn't make sense... Adrian's breath ran short and she begins to stand, keeping her head down.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 4:57 am