Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

2 posters

Return to Ravnica, but not really.

Zalgo the Imminent
    Zalgo the Imminent
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN

Return to Ravnica, but not really. Empty Return to Ravnica, but not really.

Post by Zalgo the Imminent Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:50 am

I know I already have a roleplay being planned, but this idea has been running around my head all friggin' day, so I'm putting it down here for a later date.

Ravnica, the ecumenopolis plane where the guilds control most if not all of people’s lives. It is here you were born. It is here you will die, only to come back as a ghost in the control of the Orzhov Syndicate or a zombie in the Golgari Swarm. It is here that you will be subject to any laws the Azorius Senate comes up with, and should you break any of them, the Boros Legion will have your head. It is here that nighttime is feared thanks to the Cult of Rakdos’ thrill-killers, and natural disasters have been eliminated thanks to the Izzet League’s experiments, although unnatural disasters are much more common thanks to them as well. It is here that the sewers are teeming with the Simic Combine’s man-made life. It is here that the Gruul Clans destroys the cities' civilized areas to return them to nature, and it is here that the Selesnya Conclave tries to inspire a sense of community in everyone, growing their own clergy if people don’t join them. It is here that the Gateless, those who choose not to join a guild, fight to survive, fight to overthrow the Guilds, or just fight in the case of most of Ravnica’s Goblin inhabitants that aren’t in Rakdos, Boros, Gruul, or the odd Izzet Goblin Wizard.

The ten guilds, while they despise each other, can never openly declare war against each other thanks to the Guildpact, a living enchantment created by the 10 original guild leaders 10,000 years ago. The power of the Guildpact is subtle; it prevents any guild from dabbling into the business of any other guild or disturbing the stable power balance among the ten by twisting circumstance and coincidence to nullify the disruptive guild's actions. While the Guildpact is credited with bringing relative peace and prosperity to the plane, minor fighting is common, especially between guilds such as Simic and Izzet, Orzhov and Selesnya, Dimir and Boros, Golgari and Rakdos, and Gruul and Azorius, which have highly opposing world-views. Despite any conflicts between the guilds at a particular time though, the anniversary of the Guildpact's signing is celebrated every year with a day-long festival, where all the people lay down their weapons and make merry. This celebration is called The Festival of the Guildpact.

The game will involve political intrigue, fighting, infiltration, wanton destruction, experimentation, and every little type of thing in between. Will you be a guilded person, or one of the Gateless, hoping to end the tyranny of the guilds, no matter how impossible that may seem?

Guilds:

Selesnya Conclave (Religious Summoners.)

Boros Legion (Standing Army.)

Azorius Senate (Lawmakers.)

Orzhov Syndicate (Unscrupulous Bankers.)

Simic Combine (Medics and Biologists.)

Golgari Swarm (Food Production and Waste Management.)

Gruul Clans (Loose organization of Berserker Clans, formerly
    Groundskeepers when there were still rural areas in Ravnica.)

Izzet League (Civil Engineering and Magical Experimentation. Mad Scientists.)

Cult of Rakdos (Labor Force and Thrill-Killers.)

House Dimir (Spies, Smugglers, Burglars, Assassins, Counter-Intelligence, and other illegal activities, unknown to all but the higher-ups of the other guilds and even sometimes unknown to its own “employees”.)

Guildless

Anyone interested in this, please PM me a character concept and whether you want to be Guilded or Guildless, and then be patient. This won't probably happen until a few months from now, unless my other roleplay doesn't start within the next 3 weeks or so, in which case this one'll be top priority for me.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Return to Ravnica, but not really. Empty Re: Return to Ravnica, but not really.

Post by Murdoch Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:20 pm

Interesting! I actually have a Ravnica Boros Deck :)So I would probably be interested in playing a Boros Captain or something. Full details would be given once the RP actually starts up. Let me know when the RP is starting and I'll figure out a character Smile

Also, your avatar? I have that card. Razz
    Zalgo the Imminent
    Zalgo the Imminent
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN

Post by Zalgo the Imminent Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:47 pm

Ah, glorious! My friend has a deck for each of the guilds, with his Golgari deck and his Azorius deck being the most devastating. I personally only have a mediocre Gruul deck, but I don't use it that often. Prefer tri-color Alaran Shard decks, like my Esper Artifact deck.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:42 am

I tend to prefer mono or duo colour decks myself...I tend to prefer white decks for some reason; my best decks are my mono white, my white and black deck and my Boros deck....my mono white tends to focus on getting flyers out every turn of the game, my white and black tends to focus on lots of little creatures that beef up [I have 4 Ajani's Pridemates and about half of my spells and artifacts give me life somehow, so they can get very big very quickly] and my Boros tends to focus on lots of little creatures that get tougher as more creatures come out, thanks to the Battalion effect. I have Tajic and Gather the Legion, as well as a few other token generation cards and a few Kithkin Rabbles. Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 8:18 pm