Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

5 posters

Hybridized...

Mireya
    Mireya
    Beastmaster
    Beastmaster

Hybridized... - Page 2 Empty Hybridized...

Post by Mireya Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

It is the year 2035 and life as we know it, is over. From sources unknown a disease has ravaged not just humanity, but everything that lives. The virus spreads and mutates making it impossible to treat adequately.

The only people left alive are those that are untouched by the disease. They live in closed biospheres with a limited number of residents. A very real problem has presented itself: there is a shortage of resources that are still completely safe to consume.

People are clambering for an antidote to the virus's effects, but there has been no success had by the many doctors who have studied the pathogen. There is an entity that sticks out in the minds of the desperate...

They exist only on the covers of seedy magazines. Hazy photographs and "eye witness" accounts from former soldiers and doctors consigned to psych wards...They say there is another entity entirely at work in the wasteland...Their stories are dismissed as hearsay, but they say that they come from the stars and lay in waiting. The urban legend has spawned its own cult, which believes that this time is the rapture and that they are the angels who have come to save the devout..

There is no conclusive evidence of their existence, but there are rumors...One of the biospheres suddenly failed and its residents were exposed to the wasteland. Contact was lost with them, but there was a distress call...Rumors have gone around saying many things...Some say that the tabloid creatures caused it, others blame the military, others still claim that the disease has mutated. The people are no longer just dying. They are transforming into something monstrous...

People are afraid of leaving the biosphere, but with the atmosphere the way it is...people are being pushed out.

---
    If you have a question about any of the roles, contact me. If you want a role that would make you...privy to certain information, talk to me, and I'll give you some information on the players that I've left out...

Residents of an intact biosphere (has to be the same one; give me social status, and, no, you can't all be rich socialites, and at least one of you is should want to be in the military and in the press... Wink )-

Residents of the destroyed biosphere who know the truth and are still alive (PM me if you want this, and I'll give you the lowdown)-Engi, Jade,

???(???????????????????????????????????)- ????????? ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Hybridized being(a creature...that is human...sorta'...: PM me if you're curious, but...there can only be at most 2 of these including myself, and you won't have a role until well later...)-Mireya

Last edited by Mireya on Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Engi
    Engi
    Devious Chibi
    Devious Chibi

Hybridized... - Page 2 Empty Re: Hybridized...

Post by Engi Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:16 pm

engi grabbed a backpack and stuffed it full of matches and knives. She threw in some water cleansers and grabbed two blankets. "For now, I think we should wait." She muttered, stuffing some bandages into her bag as well. "Anything else?" She looked over to the girl as she was putting cans into a bag. "Make sure we have a can opener then."
    Mireya
    Mireya
    Beastmaster
    Beastmaster

Post by Mireya Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:31 pm

The familiar humming noise returned as parts of the building came under heavy fire. The roof started to collapse on one side of the two girls.
    Engi
    Engi
    Devious Chibi
    Devious Chibi

Post by Engi Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:36 pm

"Now we go." She said, grabbing the girls wrist and pulling her out the door. "No looking back. At all." She said, sharply pulling the girl to the left. "Were leaving town, come on." She muttered. She ran past houses towards the edge of the dome, praying that there would be a hole in it somewhere.

A toddler lay in a stroller, crying its head off (not literally) as they passed. This part of the town was strangely empty and not as broken as where they were before.
    Capri
    Capri
    The Zealous Irish-Italian

Post by Capri Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:48 pm

She followed behind, looking cautiously around. then She looked towards the dome. They were getting closer.
    "I think I see a hole," she said quietly, hearing a moaning sound from a building nearby.
    Engi
    Engi
    Devious Chibi
    Devious Chibi

Post by Engi Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:53 pm

"That's where we are going then." engi pulled the girl around a street that lead to the large hole in the dome. She looked back one last time. "Come on." She said, letting go of the girls hand and climbing into the hole. When she jumped out, she pressed her bandanna against her mouth and looked around at the empty dead landscaped of the outside. She adjusted her backpack and looked over at the girl. "Hurry."
    Capri
    Capri

Post by Capri Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:12 pm

Capri followed through the hole, pulling her shirt over her mouth.
    "Should we try to get to the other city?" she said in a muffled voice. She heard distant gunfire and screams still. Capri wondered if anyone else had gotten out. She knew where the other city was, she'd just never been there.
    Engi
    Engi
    Devious Chibi
    Devious Chibi

Post by Engi Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:15 pm

"Yeah, but its going to take a long time getting there. Always breathe through something, this air isn't pure. For now, lets get as far away from here as possible." She said, glancing around. "Which way?"
    Capri
    Capri

Post by Capri Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:23 pm

"To the northeast," she pointed in the direction, "about eight or ten miles. Shouldn't take too long, but we have to be careful." she said, noticing that it would be dark soon.
    Engi
    Engi
    Devious Chibi
    Devious Chibi

Post by Engi Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:17 pm

"For now, lets get as far from here as possible. Whatever that was, we dont want it chasing us." She said, walking in the direction that she was pointing. "Whats your name, kid?"
    Capri
    Capri

Post by Capri Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:52 pm

She sighed and began walking along side of the girl, "Capri. And yours?"
    Engi
    Engi
    Devious Chibi
    Devious Chibi

Post by Engi Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:54 pm

"engi." She replied, looking over at the girl. She put her arm around the girl and laughed. She kept laughing for a few minutes, not because it was funny, but because she was terrified. "That was so ridiculously scary! I wonder what happened to everyone else." She said when she finally stopped laughing.
    Capri
    Capri

Post by Capri Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:59 pm

"Yeah, you know that feeling you had then? That feeling invaded me since the very first day I moved into the biosphere. I mean yeah, everyone was afraid, but it was different with me. There are thigs that I've seen. Hear. But I couldn't tell you what it looks like, only that it wants me. Because I think it saw me once,looking at it, and I've been living in terror ever since. Hiding." she paused, as she started shaking, "They caused all this. This wretched sickness. This chaos. This horror."
    Engi
    Engi
    Devious Chibi
    Devious Chibi

Post by Engi Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:09 pm

'Great, I got paired with the insane one. That's what I get for helping.' She thought to herself, looking over at the girl. "Your crazy." She said bluntly, crossing her arms over her chest. "Knock it off."
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:45 pm

OOC- I'd like to join if possible.
    As someone in the Intact Biosphere, in the Military - High rank, but not high enough to be told what is going on with the Broken Biosphere.. Like, Im still kept in the dark you know?

BIO: https://anonymatrix.forumotion.com/character-biographies-f21/hybridized-bio-for-kristie-t319.htm#5415
    Mireya
    Mireya
    Beastmaster
    Beastmaster

Post by Mireya Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:42 pm

ooc: alrighty, thanks. ^_^ I'll pm you some stuff in a sec.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:16 pm

Mkays Smile
    Capri
    Capri

Post by Capri Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:54 pm

"I'm not crazy!" Capri said, "I'm telling the truth!"
    She just shook her head and continued walking, watching the horizon.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:24 pm

"Kristina, get in here." An officier said nudging for me to enter the room. I waited before going in, standing infront of him, "It's not my place sir. Officier Riens is supose to enter the classifieds." He sighed deeply and looked at with me a strong expression, as though he was hiding his true one. "Riends is MIA, you'll be taking his position. Now get in there, not a word." I nodded my head and did as he order, entering the room full of men whom gave me a suspicious glare. I ignored most of them and took my seat where there was one open, pushing back the thoughts of Officier Riens being more then MIA, and concertrated on the meeting.
    The Officier gave his announcement, and silence filled the room.The Cariosus was always a bit sketchy in my opinion. As if we really ever knew what went on over there exactly. Obviously, they slacked off more then I'd originally thought of them. "If it's been contaminated, there is nothing we can really do for them." I spoke after the Captain had finished his announcement. My job was to keep the people of Umbra safe from this, the people there meant jack to me. "It would be suicide." One man looked at me, extremely unimpressed. "Is it possible there is a glitch in their technology over there?"
    Engi
    Engi
    Devious Chibi
    Devious Chibi

Post by Engi Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:53 pm

engi rubbed her forehead and nodded. "Your just suffering from some hallucinations because of trauma. today was rather crazy." She said, glancing back at the shattering biosphere.
    Mireya
    Mireya
    Beastmaster
    Beastmaster

Post by Mireya Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:28 pm

"Attempts at communication have failed. This is the last of what we have been able to ascertain from ground zero," the captain said pressing a button as the lights dimmed and a projection shone against the wall. It showed a flustered gentleman with a uniform that once proudly displayed so many medals of honor, now torn and scarcely hanging onto his well-wrought frame. His face was cut and one of his eyes were swollen shut. He was gasping as he clung to the camera. His badge read "Col. E.G. Grayson."

"I haven't much time," he panted. "It's a slaughter out there. We don't know how this happened, but they're coming from the sky. Anyone who tries to fight is gunned down. Their weapons are different. They're massive. We can't maintain our front. We've ordered an evacuation. There are still survivors here. Send help," he repeated. "There's something in the wasteland. I haven't seen it with my own eyes, but my men are in danger.

Attached is the footage we received shortly before the attack," he said. There sounded an explosion. "They're coming. I ha--"

The transmission was cut short there as the line went quite dead. The captain tossed a folder down on the table. Within were photos of technology thought to only exist between the covers of a science fiction novel. There was one that hovered in the sky distorted by the glassy covering of the dome. There was another shot of the dome's walls being blown to pieces from outside. There was another of objects coffin-sized falling from the sky, and no one knew exactly what to make of them. The hushed murmur of suspicious men permeated the room.

"We don't know what the hell's out there. But we need to find out," the captain said.
    Capri
    Capri

Post by Capri Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:44 pm

"Yeah," she said, rather uncertainly, "Maybe that's it." She too glanced behind her, the sounds of the disaster quite faint, the broken dome getting smaller and smaller in the distance.
    Engi
    Engi
    Devious Chibi
    Devious Chibi

Post by Engi Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:48 pm

"Yeah, that's it." She said, stopping and looking around. She could finally get a good look at the outside. It was like a never ending pile of sand. A few plants, shrived and dying struggled to survive and there was almost no shade. "Lets stop here." She said, dropping her bag on the ground.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:53 pm

I swallowed hard, keeping myself calm at the information we'd recieved. I'd never of believed anything if it wasn't placed right infront of me. The pictures.. looked so fantasy like, but were real none the less. Dangerous, and killing anything and anyone in it's path - To have this sort of technology would mean death for us all. Maybe they were just ordonairy ships made to look different? Scare us, and pack out an over amount of power to make us think it was something.. alien like. It was a good alternative, but highly unlikley in the sense - Why try to fool us? That, was not something I could think of to keep the possibilty away of us being in a deep whole of shit. "If you intend to send a team, I'd like to be part of it sir." I said standing and facing the Captain.
    "Says the lady who just told us it was suicide." One man snapped from across the room, and others began to agree.
    "Which is why I wish to go. If my squads, my teams, the people I've trained and fought with are being sent into a death trap, then I'm going with them to keep their asses alive, or die with them. I don't see you offering to go." I sat back down and waited. He stood up and looked at me, narrowing his eyes.
    "She's not suposed to be in here! Where is your Officier?" He asked me angrily. Before I could speak, the man who'd put me in here spoke up,
    "Officier Riens is currently missing. Sargent Torcette is here in his place representing our first line of defensive guards. She has every right to be here as you do." He said, and that shut the man up as he took a seat back down.
    "My team is fast, and efficient. If something is wrong we'll find out guarenteed, and get the remaing survivors back safely."
    Capri
    Capri

Post by Capri Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:21 pm

She sighed, sitting down next to the girl and pulling her bag in front of herself. She held it open towards Engi, "Hungry?" she asked, grabbing a water bottle and drinking from it.
    Mireya
    Mireya
    Beastmaster
    Beastmaster

Post by Mireya Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:26 pm

"I'm coming with you," echoed a slow, soft voice from the back of the lecture hall. Leaning against the wall was a slender man, unusually tall with a uniform that completely covered his body and a helmet obscuring his face.

"You need someone who's been on the outside before...I can help with that somewhat," the voice murmured as though covered filters.

Others in the lecture hall stiffened. No one wanted this man around...why?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:19 am