Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

4 posters

Scenes by Jade

Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Scenes by Jade Empty Scenes by Jade

Post by Jade Hawk Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:51 pm

Not sure if this should be here, or in the blogs section. I think here... Anyway. I LOVE writing! But I haven't actually posted much of my sucky work yet, and I'm not sure I really want to. However, I'm going to challenge myself. I'm NOT going to post things I previously wrote, but I AM going to post new material. My challenge is this...

You give me a character, a situation, and a setting. It doesn't have to be detailed. I don't need a full bio, and I don't always need a setting. But I do need a character (doesn't even have to be human) and a situation. I will write a short scene about it. For example, Banather challenged me to write a scene about a man coming to the end of a marathon. That's ALL he told me. This is what I came up with:

"Pace yourself. Almost there. Remember to breathe. In through the nose, and out through the mouth." The pain in his chest intensified as his sharp intake of breath rattled in his lungs, but he couldn't stop. He had to keep breathing. He had to keep running. The muscles in his shins were screaming in agony, and he could taste iron on his pallet. Blinking back the salty tears and sweat that hung on his lashes, he rounded the corner, ready to break, when he saw it. The brilliantly coloured banner indicating personal victory waving in the breeze ahead of him. Although his vision had faded considerably, he knew that the finish line was just yards away. Grabbing his water bottle, he forced the fresh hydrate into his open mouth, and it splashed down his face, drenching his shirt. He could feel his heart pounding in his ears as his eardrums began to create a dull pain. He bounced on the balls of his feet, his sore heels barely hitting the ground as his legs moved with intense force. His arms beat the air at his sides, fighting against the sharp pain of his ribs cramping up on his left side. His nose began to itch, but he couldn't sniff. He couldn't reach his hand up to stimulate the area and halt the irritation. He had to keep concentrating on his breathing and the steady pace of his body moving at that constant rhythm. At long last, he raised his arms in the air with all the force he could muster, and he felt his chest tear through the ribbon as he crossed the finish line. Victory was his, and with the delight of his success, all pain was forgotten.

So... give me a character, a situation, and a setting, and I'll see what I can come up with.
    Banather
    Banather
    Red Panda
    Red Panda

Scenes by Jade Empty Re: Scenes by Jade

Post by Banather Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:57 pm

you pulled this one off quite well ^.^
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:59 pm

Merci Beaucoup! Another challenge... JADE MUST EDIT HER WORK BEFORE POSTING!
    Zalgo the Imminent
    Zalgo the Imminent
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN

Post by Zalgo the Imminent Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:54 am

My challenge is to write something about Zalgo. Not me, but the Internet oddity known as Zalgo. I shall supply you with information, you just need put up the story.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/zalgo
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:33 pm

And what shall Zalgo be doing where?
    Zalgo the Imminent
    Zalgo the Imminent
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN

Post by Zalgo the Imminent Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:08 pm

Oh, the usual. Corrupting young minds, corrupting old minds, starting the end of the world, that kinda stuff.
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:23 pm

I need a specific scenario or situation...
    Zalgo the Imminent
    Zalgo the Imminent
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN

Post by Zalgo the Imminent Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:48 am

Hmmm...

There is a town in the middle of Saudi Arabia where the purest hearts and souls go to rest before death and passing to paradise. Of course, the more people in paradise, the weaker Zalgo is, so he needs to corrupt them BEFORE they die. If he doesn't, he won't be strong enough to start Catnorak, which will signify the end of the world.
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:42 pm

Way to make this difficult for me! I've never been to Saudi Arabia before. Or what Catnorak is.
    Zalgo the Imminent
    Zalgo the Imminent
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN

Post by Zalgo the Imminent Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:20 pm

Catnorak is basicly like Ragnoarak was for the vikings, only for the internet.

End of the world.
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:27 pm

....I might not be able to do this one considering I don't understand a word you're talking about.
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:35 pm

Request from a friend. Write a fantasy scene about a young girl by a lake weeping over her lost sister. This young girl can control the water element.

So... something sad. Sorry all! But it was a request. I'm going to name this girl Melissa.

She say by the water's edge, running her fingers lightly over the glistening water. It rippled at her touch, but was so clear that her reflection seemed unharmed, although distorted. Melissa hung her head, and a single tear fell from her eyelashes and into the glassy lake. This tear gave life to new ripples that flowed steadily outwards. She looked across the water, and right at the centre, dew drops began to rise in a spiralling fashion before steadily falling into the depths.
    Melissa could hear her sister's lost words as though whispering in her ear. These were such poetic words of love and hope, and although Melissa felt nothing but despair and grief at the loss, love and hope did indeed warm her heart.
    Lifting her head up to the heavens, she stared through the night and upon the stars encrusted on the velvet sky. They winked and shone brighter than ever before. They were mourning too. Such a loss was suffered at the hands of pain, that even death himself felt shame as he took the woman as his own. Although this was a time of pain and sorrow, the heavens were smiling. They had received a beautiful angel, who's smile could brighten up the skies in even the darkest of days.
    Melissa stood up slowly, and the water stilled like a pain of glass laying over the horizon. It almost looked like ice. A light breeze danced through Melissa's hair and she closed her eyes. She felt the wind, as though it was her sister laying a pale hand over her cheek and lightly brushing away her tears. This was peace, as it was meant to be. The beloved girl was at rest, and as Melissa turned to walk away from the shimmering lake, she accepted that all was right in the world.
    Brandon
    Brandon
    Brandy Maxy
    Brandy Maxy

Post by Brandon Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:05 am

Ignore that last post. Lol Try....a young warrior, who's leader has died in battle. Valiently, but died none the less. The army is on teh brink of surrender and retreat, but he inspirirses them to continue fighting and shows them how a great warrior should act in times of fear and uncertinty[sp]. They eventually comeback and rally themselves enough to win the battle.
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:23 pm

Okay, so this is the scene for Brandy Maxy! I do't think I've ever read and book or seen many movies containing a battle, but I'll try my best.

"Men, we have a serious issue on our hands." He spoke with such strength and bravery, yet his hands shook and he gestured in his speech. This warrior was so young, that announcing grave news was a topic that he was dangerously inexperienced in. Some would say he was too young to lead such a group, but the time had come as his leader fell. "He is dead. Our majestic leader has fallen." There was a ripple of whispers that travelled across the group at these words. "But he was strong!" The young warrior continued. "He was brave! He was Valiant! And he shall carry out this victor was our own!" The speaker punched the air with his fist, but rather than his audience cheering, they remained in their seats as solum as before.
    "We're done. It's over." Said another man as he threw his helmet to the ground. The speaker watched it roll to a halt before shaking his head and addressing the crowd once more.
    "No! We can fight this! We shall be victorious! Let our leader not have died in vain. Let our other fallen members, no cause their families such terrible grief, knowing that we refused to surrender! We refused to retreat! We refused to hang our heads in shame, and that we, such brave warriors, fought to the end and battled on! Ya!"
    "Ya!" Repeated the group, finally jumping to their feet and raising their swards in the air.
    "Watch it!" Called someone from the crowd, and ready to continue fighting, they laughed.
    The young warrior who had given the speech watched as the crowd hustled and bustled out of the tent. He returned his own helmet to his head, picked up his sward, and took a deep breath. He was ready!
    Almost immediately after leaving the tent, he was bombarded by soldiers, the sound of explosions, shouts, and cheers. The fight was on. He ran forward, his sward hi in the air and his armour shining in the sunlight as blood dyed the snow red around him. He swung his sward expertly, making contact with the metal plating of an enemy, much larger than himself. But he was nimble. He twisted him body around and ducked under the muscular arms that almost knocked him off his feet. He plunged his sward into he side of his enemy, and watched the lights leave the black eyes of his opposition. Feeling sad, yet satisfied, he continued forward.
    "Sir!" Rang a familiar voice, and he sprinted in the opposite direction, towards the sound. He stopped. As though in slow motion, he fellow commander was falling, the sward of his attacker sliding out of him, and he hit the ground.
    "No." The warrior whispered and rand towards his team-mate, thrashing at every obstacle he passed. But it was too late. He had lost another man.
    Time passed, and more bodies fell. but the small team of warriors that were left did not give up. At long last, the battle was over. The remaining men stood drenched in the blood of their fellow mates and enemies. There were no words to be said. They each ripped off the black scarfs from around their swards and tied them to the fallen warriors.
    They stood back, sighing and roughly wiping away at their tears. They were strong men, but although victorious, they felt such grief for the deceased. But the did not die in vain. It was time to return to their wives.

I hope you like it!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 5:26 pm