Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

+3
Brandon
Mercy
Murdoch
7 posters

Aeronautica: Divum Latro

Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Read Me Aeronautica: Divum Latro

Post by Murdoch Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:23 pm

First topic message reminder :

Aeronautica: Divum Latro
    Prologue: Beginnings

It is the year 1961, Earth. But not the earth you know. It is an earth vastly different to the one you think you know, one where the timeline has diverged significantly from what you would see as the “correct” course of events.
    Earth can be said, if a little inaccurately, to be split into two factions, in their own version of a Cold War, each watching the other carefully and each very close to pushing the “war” button.

The Holy American Empire has, after several decades of uneasy peace, come into direct conflict with the Eastern Unification of the Republican Outlands against Possession of Empires, or EUROPE, following a supposed Terrorist attack against The Holy American Empire [Or just “The Empire” for short] by Republican extremists, in which the White House in Washington DC was attacked by a group of militant extremists who are believed to have been carrying European colours. The Empire responded by ordering a missile attack on the coastal city of Calais, on the border between EUROPE and The Empire. EUROPE retaliated with a large-scale bombing raid on Washington DC, severely damaging the Great Library and killing several members of the Grand Holy Emperors family. Things inevitably escalated, until the two super-powers are in a truly global war.

With the sudden outbreak of war, hundreds of thousands, millions, perhaps billions began to die. Mass bombing raids, shelling attacks, massive assaults on cities….all took their toll. Neither side can get the upper hand; every time EUROPE captures a city or secures a strategic area, The Empire always manages to raid or secure something equally important, and vice versa. They are at a stalemate, but neither will back down, leading to yet more needless waste of lives.
    However, with the continued war, there are certain…advantages inherent in warfare. The increase in the use of military vehicles- including the seizing of all aggressive vehicles for the war, combined with the global scale of the war- means that both superpowers are stretched extremely thin with their defences. This is bad news for them….good news for those out to make a profit.

Enter the Divum Latro, the Sky Bandits. These brigands prey on the lightly defended civilian transports, freighters and fishing ships, and occasionally lightly defended military cargo. They then sell what they can’t use back to the original owners; of course some of these deals go sour, but more often than not, the two sides are too thinly stretched to mount an effective ambush. The other alternative is that they sell it to the other side.
    Some Bandits steal from both sides, others steal from only civvies, some fight for one of the two sides- the two Powers are always willing to put mercenaries in the field before their own men- but the bottom line is that there is always work. Both Powers have attempted to clear the Pirates out, but it is akin to catching mist; almost impossible. They can never wipe them out completely, and they can’t field a massive armada in the first place.

A little history lesson for you:

When the British Empire failed to quell the 1880 Boer rebellion, they swiftly attempted to rectify the situation, sending and punitive force in 1882. The Boer were secretly aided by the Americans, and the British were handed a humiliating defeat, and all over the empire, colonies and subjugate peoples began uprisings, spurred on by success of the Boer. The British managed to keep the colonies under control for a few years, but by 1893, were unable to deploy enough troops to defeat all the rebellions. By 1895, the British Empire was in ruins, the British economy utterly destroyed and their military all but gone, and the colonies were enjoying their new freedom. The German Empire attempted to subjugate the old British Colonies in 1907, but the leaders of the major colonies met in secret at the Alliance Conference in the Federation of South Africa, agreeing to a treaty of mutual protection in 1906. When Germany attacked, the ex-colonies were ready, and- again aided by America- managed to destroy the German Empire in much the same way as the British. The German Empire surrendered to the coalition, and it was eventually decided in 1909 that the different countries should band together under one banner, Germany included. In 1910, EUROPE was formed, obtaining the lands of Our-world Europe, North and South Africa and eventually Russia, after a short and brutal war in the year 1913-1915, where the Russians were eventually defeated. EUROPE set up a system of government not unlike our-world USA, with some adjustments:

The country would be divided into six Provinces; Russia would be split into The Land of The Bear in the east and The Province of Wolves in the west. North Africa and South Africa would become provinces, South Africa controlling Madagascar- eventually nicknamed Victory Island when EUROPE defeated an uprising started by angry British and German ex-soldiers that lasted from 1940-1950- and our-Europe would be split into two; Western taking on the name of Europia, Eastern taking the name Eurotia. Each city in each Province would have an elected council, and each Province would have a democratically elected government, who would have designated representatives who would stay in the grand capital of EUROPE, Uturia, to attend the Grand EUROPE Government. The people from all over EUROPE would vote on a Chairman every two years, who is not the leader of the country, but the first amongst equals; he heads every Grand Government Meeting, and has the authority to declare war. The duty of directing armies into battle falls to the Chancellor of War, who can only be vetoed by a majority vote of the Grand Government.

Whilst all this was happening, there was trouble in America. In 1910, the “Bible Belt” of America was attacked en masse by suspected Atheist extremists, who believed that The “Bible Belt” was stuck in the past and had to move forward. In 1913, after much political wrangling, the “Bible Belt” formed a massive coalition and declared Holy War on the terrorists, and- after the President refused to give them aid in their Civil War- declared their independence and proceeded to attack the surrounding states. The USA attempted to quell the war, even going so far as to lock off its borders and ports, attempting to strangle the newly christened “Order of The Cross,” but the newly independent state had found sympathisers in High Office who used their influence to cause entire regiments of the army to defect. They stole and raided whatever they could find, and by 1924, all of America had fallen under the control of The Order Of The Cross. They soon renamed the USA the Holy American Empire and, since the Roman Pope had been overthrown by EUROPE, they became the symbol of Christianity in the world. They began expanding in both directions, conquering the ruins of Britain and around half of The Channel before clashing with EUROPE. After a few skirmishes, they decided on a treaty, and America continued its expansion. Very soon, it controlled China, Mongolia, Japan, Indonesia, Australia and New Zealand, the rest having been claimed by EUROPE. By 1937, the world had been divided into two.

Technology:

The Wright Brothers were killed in a train crash in 1899, and so never invented the first fixed-wing airplane. Cars were still invented, but technology stalled with so many gifted inventors in both America and EUROPE being sent to war and killed. The Tank, being a British invention, didn’t happen until late the late 1950’s, and even then it is still a steam powered device. Oil has been discovered, but no one has quite figured out a way to harness its flammable properties just yet.
    Ships still float around on water, but the true territory is the sky. Massive balloons float in the skies, large ships with Helicopter-like blades swish their way through the sky, using a combination of steam, hot air and wind to fly.
    Ships are usually lined at the bottom with hot air balloons- that are deflatable for landings and voyages that must be made by sea- at the bottom, with several outcropping wing-like fins- usually at the front and back- which hold massive steam and winch powered blades that push the air down and allow them to rise and fall as they wish. Massive sails billow in the wind to propel the ships forwards, working with propellers on the back that are worked by massive steam valves and pumps on the sides and inside the ships, most ships also having a series of smaller hot air balloons located around the ship. They are made of a light metal, and are buoyant as well to allow for seafaring when the need arises. Weapons consist of flintlock and wheellock pistols and muskets, the militaries having invented semi automatic three-shot bolt action rifles. The weapons on the ships are a mix of cannon balls- explosive, chained, grapeshot, among others- and small, crude missiles, little more than bombs stuck on fireworks. Simple but effective. The most reliable weapon remains the traditional swords, staves and bows. Ships vary wildly in size from small frigates and transports to massive frigate and gyrocopter carriers that dominate the skies.

The Pirates may fight the military and raid and steal, but that does not mean that they are friends. There are just as frequently fights between pirates over cargo and prey as there are bands of different pirates fighting Military ships.

We start on two rival ships, The Dragons Blade, captained by Morgan Lafase, a South African pirate with a fearsome reputation, and The Buccaneers Mantra, captained by Vladkoff Demirhage, a ruthless brigand originally from The Land of The Bear. Neither are particularly harsh towards their crew- although strict rules and harsh punishments are required aboard a pirate vessel, especially one in the air- but are utterly ruthless and merciless against foes. They have a long standing enmity, and when both attack the same transport, sparks will fly.

I want equal numbers on each of these boats. No all going to one boat. I will post my bio when I have interest. Smile

The Dragons Blade:
    Kristina Torcette, Boatswain (Kristie)
    Archie, general deckhand (Brandon)
    Gareth, ship quartermaster (me)

The Buccaneers Mantra:
    Carlotta Anacleto, Sailing Master (Capri)
    Schuyler, Navigation Master (Sky)
    Mercy, captured slave (mercy)

Last edited by Murdoch on Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:49 am; edited 6 times in total
    Brandon
    Brandon
    Brandy Maxy
    Brandy Maxy

Read Me Re: Aeronautica: Divum Latro

Post by Brandon Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:40 pm

Basic
    Name:Archie St. Evremonde
    Sex: Male

Features
    Species: Human
    Ethnic: Mixed (White and Black)
    Skin color: Brown
    Tattoo: Black tigers stripes down both of my arms
    Height: 6'2"
    Weight: 170lbs
    Build: Slim, extremely athletic.
    Hair (color/style): Black hair with a brownish tint. Short, sways to my right side
    Eyes: Brown with hazel streaks.

Dress ware
    Hat: N/A
    Shades/glasses:Goggles that I wear hanging around my neck ususally-- http://www.ignatiouscasque.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/goggles.jpg
    Jewerly/peircings: Ears and tongue. Obsidian studs in my ears and a red die in my tongue.
    Coat/Jacket: N/A
    Top: Shirtless
    Bottom: http://www.munirkhamker.com/images/men/jackets/rock-gothic-leather-pants-1.jpg
    Shoes: http://www.infectiousthreads.com/Images/Demonia/big_steam_30_bronz.jpg

About Character
    Relationship status: Single
    Sexuality: Straight
    Personality: Funny guy, stubborn, flirty, nice, sensitive when you get to know me, strong silent type, quiet, quick to anger, loves to fight, determined, blunt, harsh, and mean when it’s necessary.
    Background/secret: I dunno…
    Preferred weapon: My fists.....or this axe that I carry in a loop attached to my pants-- http://www.lrpstore.com/uploads/images_products_large/52.jpg
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:08 pm

Ship? Role on ship?
    Capri
    Capri
    The Zealous Irish-Italian

Post by Capri Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:14 pm

That's fine by me.
    Brandon
    Brandon
    Brandy Maxy
    Brandy Maxy

Post by Brandon Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:09 am

well I was guessing you would put me on Dragon's blade to even things out...lol

and I guess I'll be the basic deckhand, just there for the loot
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:56 am

Righty-ho Smile
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:25 pm

Alright, I'll be on the dragons blade.

Name: Gareth Neng
    Skin Tone: It was originally a slightly toned pale skin, but quickly became extremely tanned from working on the ship.
    Build: He is of a muscular, if not large, build, his muscles being modest but well toned. You don't get fat or twig-people on pirate ships, after all.

Eyes: A dark brown shade
    Hair: A deep, almost coppery red shade, allowed to point in whatever direction it wishes.
    Tattoos: A single red and gold dragon curling around his right arm; the head sits on the back of his hand, and the body snakes its way around his arm as it stretches so that its tail can curl along the back of the base of his neck.

clothing: He only wears a pair of baggy white trousers and a red and gold coiled rope tasset that hangs down his right leg. He is barechested most of the time, preferring the cool breeze and cold air to the warmth of a tunic. On his head, he wears a simple white-with-red-trimmings headband underneath his hairline. He stands just under six feet.
    Weapons: He can wield a quarterstaff with extreme dexterity, but doesn't own one, as using one on the deck of a ship is impractical. Instead, he wields a one handed cutlass of simple design, the basket-hilt being a simple steel cage and the slightly curved edge of the blade only being adorned with a single red chinese dragon on either side of the blade at its base. He also carries a hand-and-a-half curved longsword of thicker design to the cutlass, again decorated with two chinese dragons and a series of archaic golden symbols [chinese] along the blade. This, he looted from a rich household in one of their raids.
    Finally, he owns a bolt-action steam-powered pistol. The grip is of a simple design, a simpley gilded wood, and the trigger sets off a series of cogs on the outside that releases steam from a canister on the back that in turn propels the balls of lead from out of the large metal barrel. The capsule of steam has to be replaced every ten or eleven shots, and the gun can hold three bullets at a time. It doesn't fire particularly quickly, and has limited accuracy- being a pistol- but it has a lot of power behind it. This he stole from the corpse of a EUROPEian officer some five or six years ago.
    http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l2rk8ifjfT1qa6vr1o1_500.jpg

Ethnicity: His mother was from the area formerly known as China, whilst his father was an immigrant from England, but he holds no loyalty to any country or empire.
    Background: That's a secret Razz

Ok, is everyone ready to start? I shall do the opening post, if you're all ready.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:33 pm

Oui. Let's move.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:25 pm

The breeze passes softly through the clear, dark blue twilight sky, passing lazily through clouds and past birds, gently buffeting the native travellers of the airways. Soft white clouds puff up slightly at its passing, and drift on their way without a care in the world, clouds shaped in an assortment of ways; clouds shaped like animals, clouds shaped like boats and like buildings and like trees, whispy almost non-existent clouds and massive, formless mountains of clouds.

In one of these massive mountains of cloud, a dark shape is slowly becoming visible, one that begins as a shapeless speck and grows in size and begins to take the shape of something that shouldn't even be in the sky, let alone this high up in the center of a cloud. The shape gets bigger and bigger, until it breaks from the cloud completely. At first, only a small, slender pole protrudes from the fluffy mass, but this soon expands as a pair of hooks and ropes quickly becomes visible, then a bulk of wood and steel as more and more of the ship becomes visible. The ship is quite large, as pirate ships go; they need to be big enough to handle a large crew and tough enough to take a beating, but small enough to be fast enough to get away from the military ships that will inevitably try to hunt them down.

The ship is made entirely of aluminium and iron, two light but tough metals constructed in layers and painted over in a wooden brown varnish. The two ropes from the front lead to a large triangular sail that billows in the soft breeze, which is in turn connected to a large mast with several larger sails attached to it, pointed upwards as a massive fan beneath each sail powers to help keep the sails filled with air and the ship flying and moving forwards. A similar mast is set into the back half, with the exception that the sails aren't powered by fans and instead catch the updrafts of the air around them. The bottom of the hull is lined with bags of hot air, attached to two medium-sized wings to help the ship glide along, the back of the air-ship attached to a large propeller that helps its movement. It is basically a sea-ship converted to travel through the air, but it works just fine; a massive generator in the center of the ships lower levels uses a massive amount of steam to power the ships many generators.

On deck, men and women scurry to and fro to keep everything running smoothly, and Gareth is no exception. He keeps an eye on the crew members whilst the captain is busy, and makes sure that there are no slip ups, especially since these idiots are carrying weapons. He has to shout several times at crew members being sloppy, but a sharp word is all that is required, most of the time. For the other times, he's got a strong hand with the whip.

ooc:

there we are, GO! Smile
    The Buccaneers Mantra is a similarly designed ship, BTW Smile
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:59 pm

OOC- SO didn't notice you'd put in your open post.. My bad.
    So, if this seems rushed.. It's because it was.

BIC-
    It seemed that rest was at a scarce this evening, with long hours pushed by and the almost relaxing atmosphere taunting at me. I yawned, quietly though, and yawned for a long couple seconds. Below the deck, I was going through the storage of equipment, from the remaining cannon balls, to just checking on our food supplies – Which was not a worry even to begin with, we were well at keeping most things up to an appropriate amount. So, as I knew before going through, we were fine in numbers and prepared, for just about anything, I think. Still, although a predictable outcome - I didn’t stare at everything everybody did, mostly because I don’t care, but it was not my job – It was something done from time to time, just keeping track of what we had.

I yawned against, this time much more heavily, and louder than the last. Days seemed longer, and nights shorter everyday, at least for the past week or so it’d felt like that. People were use to the lifestyle, and believe me, no one complains, but your routine breaks rapidly when something new comes into that routine. Mine, was the lack of energy I had compared to normal - Not because I was getting lazy, but because of an injury that I’d sustained almost a week or so ago. It wasn’t something life threatening, or a cut that could get infected, no, it was just a normal strained muscle that has had no time to heal properly.
    I’d got it last time I was up on top the sails themselves along the thick pillars that they hung from. A rope had come lose, not off, just lose, and it was a bother during sailing, so I took care of it. But while up there, I guess I turned my body in the wrong direction or something, but a sharp pain shot into my left thigh that brought small tears to my face. It was something I assumed would just go away after a couple sleeps, but I couldn’t have been more wrong. Yes, it was feeling almost 10 times better than it did, which did mean whatever I pulled was healing, but hours aboard deck did it no help. It was somewhat tolerable, just, aggravating.

Of course, I didn’t bother complain to anyone about it, what would that do? I hate it when people whine about stupid things, and if someone had come to me and said “My leg hurts.” I’d probably shrug my shoulders. I’m definitely not a doctor, and don’t know the first thing about fixing up a person. Shit happens, oh well.

I took the ribbon tied to my arm off, and wrapped my hair into a bun high on the back of my head. I’d take a look around up top, and then I was taking a nap, regardless. I left the storage room, and walked towards and up the stairs of the ship, each step slightly irritating my leg. “A long. Nap.”
    Capri
    Capri

Post by Capri Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:59 pm

OOC- Sorry about the late-ness. Soccer try-outs. Razz

BIC-

"Ay!" the dark-haired woman yelled from atop the sails, "Get back to your job!"

Carlotta Anacleto was shouting at a deckhand below who was dilly-dallying around by the port bow. He was just whistling. Even though she was a woman, the man flinched, his dirty blonde head whipping up towards her as he was obviously bothered. She had more authority. Not to mention the one of her glares could practically kill. His mouth was open and ready to curse her, but with one quick glance at Carlotta's large-eyed, violent stare that he could see even though she was thirty feet above, he looked away. She didn't have to say anything more as he turned and walked below deck with a grumble.

"Illiterate imbeciles." Carlotta muttered and looked back out to the sea in front of her. And to mention illiterate, she'd always hated that expression she'd just used. "Ay." But it seemed as though it was the only way to get these fools' bloody attention.

With a sigh, the woman readjusted her long, pale arms in the ropes she was holding onto. The salty sea air blew her long, dark locks behind her. And her violet eyes narrowed in concentration as she balanced her black booted feet on the beam of the sail. Right now, she was just surveying the surroundings. Simply checking.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:00 am

Do you think the other 2 forgot that they committed to this? > : (
    Capri
    Capri

Post by Capri Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:34 pm

Possibly...Sky is probably just busy. I know that I have been. But Brandon...is rarely online.
    Skye
    Skye

Post by Skye Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:36 pm

ooc: Sorry. I'm sick and have been having horrible head aches, and the computer screen doesn't help. So I've been pushing replying off.

bic:
    Schuyler ran a finger across the faded, crinkled map lain on the table. The small ships ran over the paper slowly, their golden finishes reflecting the dim candle light. The clouds ran over the map as they did the sky, as did the boats. Schuyler's eyes traced the routes of the ships, watching as foreign boats went about their sailing, unknown they were being watched by Skye's eager eyes.
    Schuyler had grown up in the world of sailing, seeing as her father was a deck-hand. She didn't work nor live on the boats as her mother was not the type for sailing, but she was fascinated whenever her father had allowed her to come on before the ship left the ground.
    She took her candle and moved it to the map, illuminating the path of The Dragon's Blade. "Now, now, Pet." She mumbled to herself in the darkness "Let's not get to close." She stood straight up and crossed her arms over her chest, watching the distance between the two ships decrease. With a quick turn on her heel she left the navigation room and onto the main deck. "Oi, Rodger!" Schuyler grabbed the collar of a man passing, who immediately turned and stood up straight to her. "Tell the Captain that Dragon's heading South-East. Watch for 'em." She let the man go as he nodded, then ran towards Captain's quarters.
    Schuyler looked over the deck quickly, watching as the people worked at each post. With another quick turn she returned to the dimly lighted Navigations room and to the comfort of her map.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:30 pm

ooc: That's alright. I suppose that it means that we're two for two on the crews, which is all good. 4 is enough, really Smile
    Also, Skye, the point is that we attack the same ship unknowingly and come into conflict...so you wouldn't know where the DB is...also, how would you know anyway? This is steampunk, so I don't think we have the tech to watch ships on a map...lol

Ic:

Gareth sweeps his gaze over the crew on deck one last time before turning towards the rear of the ship, towards the hatch that leads to the bowels of the ship, where the massive engine is thrumming away to power the ships flight. They need to pick some speed up quickly if they are to catch their target, a small military transport carrying supplies for The Holy American Empire from their Chinese colonies. It is reportedly travelling through this trade lane in order to avoid the pirate-infested skies of the Rusko-Canada trade lane, and apparently unprotected because of the recent battle with EUROPE forces above the Atlantic; both sides suffered massive losses.

Someone leaked the information, and now it is likely that half the pirates in the eastern hemisphere are attempting to catch the ship...which is why they need to pick up speed to get there before anyone else.
    Reaching the hatch, he clambers down the ladder to the first level, then takes the stairs to the second. In here, the deep depths of the ship where the crew sleep and the stores are kept, the thrum of the engine can be heard clearer than anywhere else on ship, and it vibrates the floorboards with its energy.
    "Kristina!" He calls, knowing she's probably down here. "Kristina, where are you?"
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:40 pm

You remember that ‘regardless’ notion I made about resting after going over up top? That notion had several exceptions, one of which, I could now hear calling from the storage where I’d been not 30 seconds before. I was only up about 6 steps, gladly, but it was 6 stairs that I’d prefer not to have to repeat climbing. “Over here sir!” I called over in response, and then carefully went down the stairs as quickly as I could - Get it over with. I turned back into the first bit of storage space and shelving, seeing a bit away Murdoch stand there. "Something I can do sir?" I asked, making my way closer so we didn't have to continue shouting.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:28 am

Name: Mercedes [Mercy]
    Sexuality: Pansexual
    Looks: intense forest green eyes long eyelashes. Sun kissed brown hair, edgy and pin straight, comes a little past my shoulders, parted to side and side bangs.
    Body Type: Curvy, thin. Hourglass
    Clothing: http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=pirates+of+the+caribbean+elizabeth+costume&form=QBIR&qs=AS&sk=&pq=pirates+of+the+caribbean+eli&sp=1&sc=2-28#focal=2e657ba1f854c0e5f0783b4f6d8c5971&furl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.queenc.com%2Felizshift%2Felizshift_reference.jpg
    just the simple white dress.
    or sometimes: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=27334292

Personality: stubborn, pushy, blunt, feisty. I hate taking no for an answer, sarcastic, tomboy, adventurous. Unpredictable.
    Height/Weight: 5’5 + 117 pounds
    Story: i was brought in hostage on ship, and have been there for only about a week or so. I have an acid tongue that gets me into some trouble, losing brownie points with the captain, and the crew.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:26 am

ooc: Which ship, Mercy?

Ic:

Gareth turns around at the sound of Kristina's voice in the deck. "There you are. You need to be supervising the others," the others being the other unlicensed members, "You don't get paid if you don't do that. Anyway, we're coming up on the target soon. Get the ladies and gentlemen ready, and I'll start handing out the equipment."
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:02 pm

Oh fuck me. We were really that close to the target? I’d hoped, prayed it wouldn’t be for another good five hours or more. I nodded my head once, “My apologies sir, I was going over the stores. I’ll get right to it.” I turned around, and hustled up the sets of stairs, skipping every other step with long strides – Much faster method of getting up. When I got to the top, I stuck two fingers in my mouth and whistled loudly, echoing across the deck with the crew, grabbing most to all of their attention. “Drop what you’re doing! It’s time for preparation. If whatever you’re doing is crucially important, which I highly doubt, you have about a minute to finish it. Get moving!”
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:36 pm

ooc - sorry to make this slightly unfair, but The Dragons Blade
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:00 am

Sorry, Mercy, but I kinda need someone else on the other one; we have only one active member on that one. Sorry.

Ic:

Gareth shakes his head slowly as he listens to her roars above deck. She always was good at getting the other crew members into line quickly; the only one better than her is himself, and that's only because it's his job to dish out punishments, rations and equipment. Amazing how much you listen to someone who could give you a faulty rope by mistake.

He turns around to head back up the stairs. Someone really should be down here to monitor the engine, and he seeks to rectify the lack of that.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:15 pm

no problemo chico. i'll go on the other one.

bic -

I looked around for a moment, the ships constant rocking making me sway slowly. I sigh, looking around for a moment, looking around at the steel bars of the cabin holding me hostage. My tired eyes slowly drift over the grimy cabin, and I smooth my tattered dress, running a hand through my hair. I hear some crew members stroll by, taking glances at me and my eyes dart down to my feet.

I had always thought it'd be exciting to meet pirates,but... Never this... This wasn't some fantasy, it wasn't something I could just imagine my way through.

I was kidnapped... And who knows what they might do with me.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:10 pm

The crew rushed around in a scramble, as if they each were at gunpoint, but they scrambled efficiently – If that makes sense at all. Although, their almost panic state to get the things done did seem unnecessary. It should be first nature by now, not something that pops up expectedly whenever someone drops a command. However, as long as no one fucked up, I don’t much care to ramble on about it. The ship’s condition was my first concern, and I did well to keep my mind on it. I stuck two fingers in my mouth again, sending the echoing whistle out once more. “How’s she running?” I called out to a group of men, whom usually did casual small run through inspections during my own personal ones of the ship.

A medium sized man, probably late 20’s, maybe even early 30’s if he’s aged well, ran over while wiping his forehead with a greased looking cloth. “Perfect Ma’am. Not an unusual sound being made, and all the levels are normal.” His name was Martin; handy for most jobs in the engine room, and had surprisingly good judgment. About as smart a fruit fly, but handy. “So if she goes wanky, I’m blaming you.” He nodded, and went back to his business, and I left to suit up myself. Looking down at myself, I’d left my personals somewhere around the ship. Most likely in the stores, or around where I’d slept. The crew could manage for 30 seconds, a minute while I hurried downstairs to look. I turned from the deck, gripped the railing of the stairs and began down at a quickened walk pace.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:01 pm

The engine rumbles a little, but Gareth pays it no heed; the engineers are well trained and dependable, despite their....lack of intelligence, for lack of a better word. They will keep the engine running, even if the rest of the ship is burning. That dull throb has become part of the life on board this ship, coughs and all.

He climbs the stairs quickly, finding himself back on deck, watching the renewed hustle. He ignores a few calls for his attention- they can likely solve whatever problem they have on their own- and instead turns on his heel and strides towards his office, the Quarterstore, located just next to the armoury and with the only door leading to the armoury lying on his right in the room. It is also just down the corridor from the captains room.
    He strides towards the hatch that leads to the quarters that is sitting on the other side of the masts at the back end of the ship.
    Capri
    Capri

Post by Capri Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:39 pm

OOC- Sorry for the late posts. I have soccer practice everyday until 5 pm. Except for today, because it rained. I'll try and be more prompt. But also, I really haven't any clue what to post about. The opening post was one thing but...let's wing it, shall we?

BIC-

It was silent below on deck, despite for the occasional hacking cough. The wind was salty as it blew roughly threw the sail, making the fabric flap violently. With a sigh, Carlotta grab a thick rope hanging by her and jumped. She slid down to the deck, landing on the balls of feet, and dusting her hands off on her thighs. Thank God for the leather gloves on them, or she'd been seriously torn up. But she'd only done that a thousand times over.

While she walked along the wooden deck, the silence seemed to deepen. Even the coughs. For the men whom she passed by had grown quiet. Carlotta ignored them as she continued down into in interior of the ship.

She arrived at her destination in a matter of seconds.
    "Schuyler," she said in acknowledgement to the only other female on the ship that she got along with, "Where are we approximately? All is quiet above. Almost too quiet. And it's quite unnerving."
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:06 pm

I reached the stores again, glancing my head back and forth around the room checking the floors. “There you are.” I mumbled to myself, seeing my effects sprawled on the floor near the unit of equipment I’d been looking over earlier. Quickly, I reattached the belt to my waste and pulled it tight, too tight, but the holes on the belt were oddly placed. Better to be too tight than too lose and have things flying off you in the middle of a quarrel. Feeling cold, I took the ribbon that held my hair out and wrapped it back around my wrist.

Thinking about the upcoming one, I wanted it to come, just so it could be over. Then again, with my current temper, it may be over a bit sooner. Or not, knowing my luck.

Battling the stairs again, I made my way back up to the deck, watching as the others finished and went about their things in preparation.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 2:05 am