Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

+5
Capri
Raven
Engi
Mercy
Dawn
9 posters

The Virus.

Dawn
    Dawn

The Virus. Empty The Virus.

Post by Dawn Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:24 pm

Setting:
    We're in Ogden Marsh, Pierce County, Iowa: Population, 1 206..."friendliest place on earth"...and apparently the towns water supply has been infected by the 'Trixie' virus. After an incubation period of 48 hours, this virus gradually transforms the mental state of the infected into that of cold, calculating, blood-thirsty killers, who then prey on family and neighbor alike.

The virus was produced by ---surprise surprise--- the government to maintain the worlds population...and the towns perimeter is surrounded by the military.
    You never know who might be infected, because for the first 48 hours you have the virus...you act like any normal person...until it slowly rots your brain until all you feel like doing is killing....and there's only one way to find out if you have it before you start getting crazy, and that's an elivated temerature.
    The ones infected by the virus go in 3 stages, 1...they slowly turn crazy and parinoid. 2...their skin starts to disfigure and they get blood-thirsty (those are the ones you have to watch out for) and 3...their skin and body rots until they're mindless hunks of carcass. But who knows how long that'll take?
    So we're the survivors, the 'lucky ones.' The ones who's bodies are imune to the 'Trixie' virus. We don't take it as a miracle, but we don't take it as a curse...We just want to get out of the small town, get past the military men and their guns, and start a new life.
    Because everyone we know...is now dead.

Kinda like a zombie roleplay...but with a twist:)

Basic
    Name: Dawn Summers
    Sex: Female

Features
    Species: Human
    Ethnic: Caucasian
    Skin color: Porcelain, pale.
    Tattoo: Small black key on left wrist.
    Height: 5,0"
    Build: Tiny, fragile looking, doll-like.
    Weight: 96lbs
    Hair (color/style): Soft, dark brown (reddish when in the right light) Elf-lock curls, long.
    Eyes: Aqua/green, bright.

Dressware
    Hat: none
    Shades/glasses: none (sometimes old style, black horn-rimmed sunglasses)
    Jewerly/peircings: ears twice.
    Coat/Jacket: black leather in the fall/ double-breasted forest green jacket in the winter.
    Top: (One of the following) Black/ White V-neck. Dark green/navy american apparel hoodie.
    Bottom: Black skinny jeans.
    Shoes: Converse.

About Character
    Relationship status: Single and not looking.
    Sexuality: Straight.
    Personality: Quiet, mostly antisocial, intelligent, insecure, shy, awkward.
    Hobbies: Snowboarding, Archery, painting/sketching, music, people-watching, books...
    Background/secret: Parents were killed. Drunk driver/ hit and run. They died, I didn't...I'm an extremely personal person, and usually withdraw from social situations. Just moved in with my grandmother, and got a job at the local bar (I claim to be 19).
    Powers: (in a Fantasy) 1-Healing, 2-Water Manipulation, 3-Air Manipulation.
    Prefered weapon: Anything on-hand. Gun belt with 2 pistols on hips (one with a silencer), swiss army knife, lighter.
    Medical disorder: Post traumatic stress disorder.

You may know the survivors around you, but you may not. Strangers considered dangerous, and Friends considered foes. Get out, or die trying.

Role Suggestions (make one if you cannot find one you like):
    New in town: Dawn, Mercy, Raven *
    Brother/Sister: Danny *
    Half infected: Mireva(1st-2nd stage)
    Doesn't give a shit: Skye *
    Town Sherif:
    Sherif's daughter: Capri *
    Child:
    Randomers:
    Mysterious stranger: Kristie *
    Undecided: Alcapon

***NOTE*** respect the rules...etc etc...
    My siblings will have the same backround as me, AKA Alice & Danny your parents are dead too and all three of us are newcomers in this town, alright?

***ANOTHE NOTE***
    Alice is out.

Last edited by Dawn on Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:34 pm; edited 14 times in total
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

The Virus. Empty Re: The Virus.

Post by Mercy Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:39 pm

Survivor, new in town.

Name: Mercedes [Mercy] Thompson
    Nickname: Mercenary [Given to me by May], Magic [Given by Bianca], The G [Faith], Muffin Man Killer [Nate], Muffin [Cuppycake!]
    Sexuality: Pansexual

Looks: intense forest green eyes long eyelashes. Sun kissed brown hair, edgy and pin straight, comes a little past my shoulders, parted to side and side bangs.
    Make Up: intense black eyeliner and mascara.
    Body Type: Curvy, thin. Hourglass; hides it under sweatshirts mostly. Toned nicely due to swimming and other sports

My Style of Clothing:
    http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=23178939
    http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=23377969
    http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=20815744

Jewelry: Necklace with symbol for chaos on it. 3 rings, one on left ring finger. 2 on right hand, one on thumb one on the ring finger. Cartilage piercing with a small silver hoop and two small regular piercings [black studs].
    Height/Weight: 5’5 + 117 pounds

Background/About Me: I grew up with just my mom because my parents divorced when I was 6 months old. I have a half brother from when my dad remarried and his name is Nicco, he's three. I don't trust people easily but I'm an easy person to trust. I sing, play guitar write poems/stories and such. I'm crazy, loud, fun, daring, and unpredictable. I dislike shopping, but I love getting new clothes. Music is my passion. I'm kind of a hippie. I’m very blunt about things, if I don't like you you'll know almost immediatly. I work 2 different jobs, one as a dance teacher at a studio, and another is a waitress at a high end resturant.

Sports: Running from the dead?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:07 pm

I'll join as Alcapon. Biolink in signature
    Dawn
    Dawn

Post by Dawn Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:43 pm

Alright. Any Role preferences ?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:17 pm

Ummm >.< I'm bad at deciding
    Dawn
    Dawn

Post by Dawn Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:25 pm

Haha =) Well, when we get started we'll see how it goes and decide from there.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:30 pm

Sounds quite reasonable xD
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:55 am

ooc - more peeps need to join
    Engi
    Engi
    Devious Chibi
    Devious Chibi

Post by Engi Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:02 am

Ill join as Alice ^_^ Sister.
    Raven
    Raven

Post by Raven Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:43 am

Hm, reminds me a lot of 28 Weeks Later. I'll join as "new in town," if you don't mind too tough.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:57 am

Now this is a surprise
    Hi Raven, got my Pm?
    Capri
    Capri
    The Zealous Irish-Italian
    The Zealous Irish-Italian

Post by Capri Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:58 pm

Alright, I have a question. If I'm half-infected, what does that imply? I'm guessing the mutation has stopped? And I'm not blood-thirsty or deformed? Could you describe it for me?

Basic
    Name: Capri De Marco
    Sex: Female

Features
    Species: Human
    Ethnicy: Italian-American.
    Skin color: Pale, with a slight olive undertone.
    Tattoo: Black wings over shoulder blades and back.
    Height: 5,7"
    Build: Long-limbed, lean, athletic but had curves.
    Weight: 120
    Hair (color/style): Black, straight hair that falls down to mid back.
    Eyes: Olive green.

Dress-ware
    Shades/glasses: Black Ray-Bays most of the time. The sunlight hurts her eyes.
    Jewerly/piercings: Left cartilage and lobes twice.
    Coat/Jacket: Black leather bomber jacket.
    Top: White fitted tank.
    Bottom: Dark fitted jeans.
    Shoes: Black knee-high lace-up boots.

About Character
    Relationship status: Single.
    Sexuality: Straight.
    Personality: Keeps to herself, thinker, plotter, short-tempered.
    Hobbies: Used to draw and write.
    Background/secret: She doesn't like to talk about it. Or think about it. But...Capri had been out with her boyfriend the day her life changed. She came home only to be attacked by them. And she'd killed them in self defense. When she went back to find her boyfriend, he was gone. And she hasn't seen him since. She thinks he's most likely dead. Or one of them. The only thing she was thankful for now was that her older brother was out of town. Or the virus couldn't hurt him. But now...she is truly ungrateful for her life.
    Prefered weapon: Anything available. She's good at combat.
    Medical disorder: Insomnia.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:49 pm

I'll join as the older brother. Bio in my signature (older normal)
    Dawn
    Dawn

Post by Dawn Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:27 pm

Alright everyone...

*Capri...it means that eventually you will turn into a fully fledged zombie, but the mutation will take longer to spread. (you can choose when you get all eat-your-brains, zombified)

Shall we begin ?
    Skye
    Skye

Post by Skye Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:38 am

I believe Zombie Skyeis appropriate.

Hm...Doesn't give a shit, I suppose.
    Engi
    Engi
    Devious Chibi
    Devious Chibi

Post by Engi Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:48 am

Ah yes, let us begin? But Dawn, would you rather have an older sister or a younger sister? I can play whatever you need me to.
    Dawn
    Dawn

Post by Dawn Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:20 am

uuuum.....older would be fine =) I have an older sister, so it'll be easy to relate.

Okey dokey, I'll write the intro to my character and you all can just join in when you're here.
    Dawn
    Dawn

Post by Dawn Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:56 am

Night is usually when those…things come out to play, and night was just falling over the town. I heard myself breathing, the sound like the breath of a field mouse in the clutches of a house cat, about to be eaten. My heart was the same, like the wings of a hummingbird. I stared out the cracks of a boarded-up window in the home I had found empty after the Virus had broken out. Almost all the homes were empty now, the only sign that people had lived here were the shadows of their past lives. Cheerio boxes in the cupboard, Disney movies on the shelf, children’s pajama’s up in their room. But no people. No one but me.

I hadn’t seen another human since the outbreak. When the scary military guys had swept the town with news of a disease. They told us they were going to evacuate the town…but I saw what they did. They shot everyone in line to get out of the town. They killed everyone. Every trace that the Virus would get out to the rest of the world.

As far as I knew, I was the last.

I held my breath, watching for any sign of the walking-dead…but it was a ghost town. I stood in the empty house, walking to the bag I had set on the couch. I had packed it when news of the outbreak came around, knowing that we would have to move, and fast. Now, I had weapons too. I’d learned the hard way that those…things weren’t east to kill.

The couch smelled stale, like the rest of this town as I curled up beside my pack, resting my tired eyes for a moment, fingers held on my gun belt.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:18 am

INTRO to mah character:

It was always the same nightmare...

It was a dark blue sky, rain pouring out of every pore in the clouds. I quietly held the gun to my little brother...

"No... Mercy...Please.." He cried, his wide eyes filling with tears... I began to cry too, my hand violently shaking, my fingers slipping on the cold metal contraption.

"I'm so sorry, Nicco..." My voice is a cracked whisper by this point, words couldnt penetrate through my lips. I watched him begin to shake violently and tightly closing my eyes I...

Boom...

The sound bloomed from the tip of the gun, ricocheted off the dumpster in the alley, and hits me at full force...

Then I wake up with a startling gasp, usually crying...

It's simple really, I had killed my six year old brother to save him the horrifying changes that were to come. I sit up slowly off the park bench, running a hand through my hair. I slowly look around, rubbing the sleep from my eyes and putting my gun in my holster. STanding up, I stretch, two hours of sleep, possibly? I didnt have a phone, I wouldn't know. And who knows if time zones change or not, did it matter anymore? Shrugging off the questions, I start walking down the street.

I had just come into this town, about two hours ago, who knows what treasures I may find.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:20 am

"Have I really gone insane?" I asked myself as I against the wall of an empty house. "It can't be happening... but it is!!" I would scream inside my head. The fear of those things finding me was too great for me to really make a noise. I was scared, terribly so, and I was never sure of myself, even if this was real or not. Are there really... zombies outside? Where had Alice and Dawn gone? "I lost them," I whispered to myself, tears flowing freely from my eyes. "And... they might be.... probably are.... hopefully not...." I'd cut myself off, not able to say much.

I wiped the tears from my face, but they continued to flow, regardless of my efforts to stop them. I was surrounded by zombies, and I'd lost the only family I really had. Which brought me back to my original question. "Have I really gone insane? Is this even reality?"

I could never finish the last question, because I was never sure! I'd test myself, but I never had a definite answer in my head. Sliding down the wall, I sit down, legs out stretched, and head looking up, away from everything but the ceiling. Beside me was a machete (from having dropped it before this current point). I found it in an abounded home. The glass case that surrounded it was broken and bloody, but the knife was untouched.

With the machete, I brought it close to my body and ripped off another piece of clothing, placing it besides me. "Have I really gone insane? Is this even reality?" I whispered to myself before pressing the cold blade against the skin of my left forearm. Bloody started to escape the confinement of skin, and poured onto the floor. Tears continued to escape my eyes, partially from the physical pain, partially from the mental. I held the knife there for a moment before pulling it away, and laying it on the floor besides me. I quickly grabbed the ripped piece of clothing and wrapped it around the worst of my new found cut. There for a second, and already soaked with blood.

I sat there a moment, before regaining -most of- my composure. I wiped the blood off the knife on a pillow from a couch, and placed it back beside my hip for safe keeping. I couldn't stay here anymore. The blood might attract more zombies. Whether that was a fact, or just a fact in my head (if zombies really could attracted by blood) I wasn't sure. "I have to get out of here," I said with struggle to myself as I forced myself up and towards a window, searching outside for any form of movement before heading out the door.
    Dawn
    Dawn

Post by Dawn Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:37 am

Before the outbreak, my dreams had always been weird. But now they weren’t just weird anymore, they were terrifying. I embraced my knees on the couch, slipping deeper into darkness.

Mum and Dad were there. They looked perfect, just as I remembered them. They were calling me, reaching out to me. But I didn’t take their hand. Why? What was stopping me? Slowly, the dream changed, and two more figures walked in. Could you call it walking? I wasn’t sure…but two of those zombie creatures began to limp toward Mum and Dad. Dragging themselves toward my parents, I saw their faces and my breath caught in my throat, not allowing me to scream. It was Danny and Alice. They’d turned into those…creatures, and were headed for Mum and Dad. My parents didn’t even notice, they were still calling to me, reaching out. They were all calling to me. “Come with us…you look so alone in the world of the living.” Dad smiled at me, his face crumbling to reveal rotting flesh. They were all gone.

“No!” I jumped, eyes flashing open and putting both hands over my mouth. I prayed that my voice hadn’t attracted any of those things. I stayed silent for a few more minutes, tears making my sight blurry. I blinked, breathing quickly and shaking. Dad was wrong. It was easier to be alone…No one could hurt you.
    Engi
    Engi
    Devious Chibi
    Devious Chibi

Post by Engi Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:09 pm

Alice was locked in a garage. Why? Because it was just her there and plenty of sharp things. Just her. Not her sister or brother. Not her parents, who all, by this point, were probably long gone. Taken away by a mysterious and disguising disease. Just her. Alone. With sharp things.

Never once had Alice taken self defense classes or fighting classes, and by this time, she regretted it. Out of her safe haven, there were man eating things looking around for their next meal. It wouldn't be her. It couldn't. They sort of walked around on legs that seemed like they couldn't fully lift up. Their arms hung low as if their shoulders were broken. Their eyes bloodshot and almost not working. Man-eating flesh bags. Zombies.

Alice peeked through a small hole she had made in the wall. The coast was clear for now, but she still held a shovel tightly in her hands. She had no food left and the house that was attached to the garage had a zombie in it. A stupid one who couldn't open the door and leave. Her stomach growled lightly as she peered through the hole.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:00 pm

A worn down 7/11 store reaches my view and I walk towards it... Maybe I could find a baseball bat... I look around, my hair was still pretty damp from the nights rain, plastered onto my face. I push it away from my face, trying to dry it out as the noise of my steps bounce off the empty stores, broken windows... Some dead bodies lying around.

Ghost town to extreme.

I open the door of the convienent store and look around, taking out my gun slowly. I see some Twinkies [name that movie] and smile, walking over and grabbing some. It had been days since I had eaten, maybe a week... God knows anymore....

I stuff my face with Twinkies, opening warm soda bottles and downing them. I had always eaten when I was upset, it was just a habit. My twin and I would always sit in our room on Friday nights, pigging out on Chinese food, popcorn, twinkies, hostess, full bars of chocolate, chips and candies.

I smile at the thought as I sit down on the cool, cracked tile, watching the sun slowly rise over the dead town.
    Skye
    Skye

Post by Skye Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:13 pm

Click. Click. Click. Click.

Schuyler took the lock off the window, her eyes wide in disbelief. She pocketed the combination lock and slowly opened the cage that was blocking the fragile glass of the window. A long, eerie creak echoed in the empty alley, making her spine shiver.

She pushed the window in and slipped her feet inside, stepping onto the shelves below the window. She pulled the metal cage down and pushed the window back, not wanting to make the place known if someone was watching. Schuyler climbed down the shelves, coughing as the crisp, untouched air finally hit her. Her hand went to her gun, pulling it out quickly just in case. The room was dark as though it were night, due to the rain pouring down on the city outside and the lack of electricity. She reached into her bag, pulling out a flash light and shining it on the rows of shelves.

"Shit." She walked down the aisles, looking at the rows of food. It was a small convenience store, but no one had set foot there for a long time. The front door and windows were boarded up, the doors locked and rats on the floor.

Without second thinking, Skye ran behind the counter and grabbed four plastic bags. She took the tray filled with lighters and matches and slipped them into the bottom of a bag before running to the food aisle. There wasn't much, but it was food. She slipped anything not past its expiration date into the bags and slipped eight water bottles in as well.

Schuyler couldn't help but to wonder why all was untouched. She put the bags down and walked to the front, seeing the door into the back room. She walked quickly to it and pulled out her gun as her hand stopped on the handle. "Do it." she heard a voice whisper sharply in her mind. Without another thought, she opened the door. "Oh my...Oh-Oh shit." She whispered as her eyes widened, not able to tear themselves away from the scene. Her arm dropped, as well as her jaw.

A man was propped up against the wall, covered in blood. His face and shoulders were messily ripped apart, leaving some skin in parts and in others just the yellow of his skull. Rats stood over him, all not even bothering to look at Skye as they fed. A gun laid next to the man, his fist still clenched between his wanning fingers, his index on the trigger. He had shot himself, not wanting to deal with the terror of the virus. That's why the food was untouched.

Skye closed the door and grabbed the bags, climbing onto the top of the shelves and opening the window. She pushed the crate up and climbed out, grabbing her groceries after she was out. She closed the window and didn't bother to lock the gate, instead grabbing her bags and sprinting from the store.

Schuyler took the water soaked fire escape back up to another abandoned apartment, one that held her supplies in a locked closet. As she opened the window she stepped inside, closing it after her. The groceries were thrown onto the couch as she moved the empty book shelf in front of the window. If anyone got in that way, she'd hear the book shelf crash or move.

She opened the bag and sipped a water as she attempted to take her mind off the image of the body. She had seen dead bodies before...but not like that. She would be fine if she took her mind off of it, but there was nothing to take her mind off it in the mists of The Virus.
    Dawn
    Dawn

Post by Dawn Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:26 pm

Zombieland =3
    bic:

Through the boarded up windows, streaks of light streamed in to hit my face. It was the first lights of dawn, and those things would be hiding in the shadows by now. The light was in soft, warm streaks of sunrise as it caressed my skin, like nothing had ever happened and I was just waking up to my alarm clock on a Monday morning. I smiled bitterly at the thought. ‘Normal’ was almost funny now.

I stood, stretching out my stiff limbs. I never knew when I would need to fight, so it was best to be limber. Touching my toes, I heard the floorboard creak. In a matter of seconds, my hand was at my gun belt, and pointing toward an empty hallway. No zombies. No people. I sighed, hands shaking, knees wobbling as I dropped to the floor, back against the couch. Great, now I was getting paranoid. I put my gun back in its holster on my belt, wiping my hands on my jeans as if they were dirty.

Not once had I fired a shot without my hands shaking.

The sun was just beginning to peek over the forest surrounding the town, which meant that those creatures would probably be crawling to the darkest little rat-infested hole they could find until night came. Yes, some of them still roamed the town at day…and those were the ones you had to watch for. Those were the ones that could still think properly, even if they thought without one ounce of humanity.

I dug into my pack, fishing out a water bottle and downing the last of it. That was it for my water supply…I would have to go out and get some more today. The tap water wasn’t safe to drink.

Moments later, I had gathered my pack, guns, and anything else I had brought, and slowly opened the door, stepping out into the front lawn and moving quietly, afraid to even breathe.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 9:43 pm