Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

4 posters

It's all just your imagination

Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Read Me It's all just your imagination

Post by Murdoch Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:54 pm

It’s all just your imagination.

There is a world. A world not unlike our one, not that dissimilar in appearance, atmosphere or wildlife. A world where creatures do walk the land, where everything…may not be as it seems. This land, so like earth, is different. Creatures stalk the land, creatures that are strange, almost inhuman…but hauntingly familiar.
    These creatures are a race of energy-like beings, unable to exist in our plane of existence unless given physical form. They were banished from their true home eons ago, so long ago that very, very few remember. Almost none from that time still live, and none remember why they were banished, if they remember that they were banished at all.

At birth, these creatures are assigned a form, one that will stay with them until they die, at which point it will be reassigned to another being that will come into existence at some point. They take on the forms identity, taking their name, abilities, opinions, anything. Although they may not retain the forms original behaviour- for instance, natural enemies- they are affected by the form.

But what are these forms? What forms do these creatures from a higher plane take in order to survive in our realm?
    The answer is simple.
    They take forms from our imaginations. Any creature, any human, any form at all that has been in our imagination at some point in our history is a viable form to take, as long as it has a specific shape. Griffons, Manticores, centaurs, Roman soldiers, British Tommies, anything from history, myth, legend, book or film can be replicated. The more people who imagined it at one point in time- time is not linear, after all- the more powerful the creature. The closer to the imagined attitude it is, the more they can access the power.

The beings have always been split into three kingdoms, three forces with their own cities, their own lands, their own hierarchy based on whose form they have taken. Now, two of them are at war, over an accused assassination and the third force is trying to stop them from fighting. The two warring Kingdoms are Meyana, whose Heir apparent (the kings son) was assassinated, and Kalayna, who is accused of being behind the assassination. The Third country is that of Arkanya, who wants both of them to stop fighting long enough to find the real culprits; they believe that the assassination was planned to get them to fight each other, but have been dragged into the conflict as well.

You are in one of these three, and it is the eve of battle. The site? A large plain in the centre of the borders between the three kingdoms. The Meyanans have taken up position just outside the borders of a forest, their main camp just inside, next to the large hill that the Arkanyans have taken up position on. At the foot of the hill, facing both armies just beyond a small, slow-flowing river are the Kalaynans. It is evening, and the generals are drawing up their plans. Tomorrow, the battle begins.

Rules:
    -No godmodding. Obviously some characters are going to be more powerful than others, but please be sensible.
    -Try to remember that the truer you stay to your characters character, the more powerful you’ll be.
    -The power IS capped, so you do not have the power to destroy entire countries or cities or whatever.
    -You can use whatever you want, but remember that the point is to use existing characters from books or films or games or something like that, not your own. You can act however you want, however.
    -Whilst you may not get on with your forms nemesis-form, you may not try to kill each other; you aren’t actually them, after all.
    -Whilst there may be more than one Roman Soldier, Tommy, etc. there can be only one big character (EG Stalin, Freddy Kreuger, etc etc)

Meyanans:

Kalaynans:

Arkanyans:
    War, General [Me]
    Wink, new private [Mercy]

Last edited by Murdoch on Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:43 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Read Me Re: It's all just your imagination

Post by Murdoch Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:56 pm

Name: War
    Title: War, Horseman of The Apocalypse
    Age: The form is ancient, but the being itself? A decade or two old.
    Character:
    http://www.videogamesblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/war-darksiders-artwork-character.jpg
    http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101009072858/protagonist/images/a/a4/Darksiders-wrath-of-war.jpg

Source: Darksiders: Wrath of War
    Personality: Driven, aggressive and Laconic. He doesn’t speak much, and if he does, it is usually only one or two sentences at a time. He’s an “Actions speak louder than words” kinda guy. He is as his name suggests: relentless, merciless and vicious.
    Equipment:
    -A massive sword that he can swing around with ease, Chaoseater:
    http://haydndalton.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/chaoseater-sword-darksiders.jpg
    -A Massive gauntlet on his left hand that can cause small tremors.
    -Mercy, a gun with unlimited magically charged rounds:
    http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091231061459/darksiders/images/8/87/Mercy_Gun.jpg
    -Ruin, a flaming red horse that can appear and disappear as War wills it:
    http://theawesomer.com/photos/2009/12/121009_ruin_t.jpg
    -The Crossblades, a boomerang like giant shuriken that can grind against enemies and surfaces, and can detonate explosives from afar:
    http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/14300000/Crossblade-darksiders-14389688-400-400.jpg

Abilities: War can summon and dismiss Ruin at will, he is extremely able with his sword and gun, he has super strength and speed, can use limited magic and is able to transform into a Chaos Form for very short periods of time. He can also sprout shadowy wings that allow him to glide short distances.
    Chaos Form:
    http://static.gamesradar.com/images/mb/GamesRadar/us/Games/D/Darksiders%20Wrath%20of%20War/Bulk%20Viewers/2009-11-20/Chaos%20Form%202--screenshot.jpg
    The big red one. XD

Role: A general in the Arkanyans army.

Also, if anyone has played Darksiders, you could take on the role of the Watcher, if you like.

Also, the other three horsemen are up for grabs, and you don’t necessarily have to be on the same side as War…
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:12 pm

ooc - why can't we use our own characters?
    Allen
    Allen
    Admin's Pet
    Admin's Pet

Post by Allen Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:17 pm

So you can create a persona unique to Murdoch's little world Mercy. He's very particular about unique characters.

And his cheese.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:24 pm

this makes me sad
    Allen
    Allen
    Admin's Pet
    Admin's Pet

Post by Allen Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:27 pm

The cheese isn't that bad.
    Allen
    Allen
    Admin's Pet
    Admin's Pet

Post by Allen Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:29 pm

Just make a character anew. No reason why this new Mercy can't be your personality, in a different situation. that's the fun part, imagining how different you'd be in a harder situation. Or just writing a character and watching your ideas flow through them.

Or maybe I'm weird.

Either way. Try it. New is always good.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:38 pm

Exactly. The point is that the more people who have the image in their imagination, the more powerful the character is. You can certainly use your own character, it just wouldn't be as powerful because fewer people would be imagining it. I ran this idea past a few people and they liked it, so...yeah.
    Daylight Shadow
    Daylight Shadow

Post by Daylight Shadow Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:53 pm

I want to join, but Can I use a character from my Brother's book that he is writing??
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:59 pm

Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:29 pm

Daylight, you could say that it is published in the future and the character would therefore be quite character. Smile

Which army, Mercy?
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:33 pm

The peacemaking nation -- not sure which one it is
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:34 pm

The Arkanyans...it was in there.

And what role in the army?
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:35 pm

Ok i'm sorry i forgot. I knew it was there, i was just too lazy to reread the entire thing, thank you love x)
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:38 pm

What role in the army?
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:41 pm

A private, just joined.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:43 pm

What age would the being be? How long has the energy being been alive?
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:45 pm

I'm strong, because i've been talked about and people are starting to ''imagine'' me... But my father [as in the background of The Wink] had just finished making me. I'm 17. I'm trying to figure everything out.

Is that like ok?
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:32 pm

So the form is of a 17 year old girl or the energy being using the form has been alive for 17 years?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:58 am