Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

2 posters

The new kid - One on one.

Dawn
    Dawn

The new kid - One on one. - Page 2 Empty The new kid - One on one.

Post by Dawn Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:51 pm

First topic message reminder :

One on one =)

A year and a half ago our school lost its star Running back to a car accident. The entire school mourned his lost and only just started to recover.

A new kid (You) moves into town and tries out for the football team and makes it as our new Running back. The team is starting to win again and may even go to state because of you. You've become the school's golden boy, every girl wants and every guy wants to be you.

Me on the other hand, I'm the girl who lost everything. After my boyfriend died, I stopped caring about pretty much everything. Everywhere I go everyone, gets quiet and start whispering about me. I lost my ability to care about school pride, when I was once head-cheerleader.

You really know nothing about me, just the sad girl running around school mourning her dead boyfriend. What will happen when we are paired up as lab partners for Chemistry? Will you think I hate you? Or will you actually break through the wall I've built up?

Bio:

https://anonymatrix.forumotion.com/t710-other-bio-dawn#20965
    AsherJayden
    AsherJayden

The new kid - One on one. - Page 2 Empty Re: The new kid - One on one.

Post by AsherJayden Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:32 pm

"Hmm." He grumbled at me. "Alright, you slackers. Run your laps." He said sending the other players off the field. I started to make my way behind them when the coach stopped me. "Com'ere son." He said walking to the bench.

I turned and jogged towards him. "Yeah coach?" I asked putting down the water bottle and my helmet. "You got a lot of energy. Dedication." I nodded as he spoke, taking deep breaths of the cool air. "Keep that up, and you'll have no problem." I smiled slightly then he turned to me. "Just don't let it get to your head." I nodded again. "Yes sir." I responded.

"Now go warm up."
    He sent me off. I went to the field and started stretching then sprinting suicides as I waited for the other players to finish their laps.
    Dawn
    Dawn

Post by Dawn Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:47 pm

Coach had taken an interest in him. I was too far away to tell if that was good or bad. All I knew is that our first game was in a few days, and we needed a good team if we were going to make it. Another promising guy in our school colours ran by, and I sighed. I was only getting my hopes up because I didn’t know the guy.

I picked up my stuff, deciding that I didn’t care if I knew the guy or not. He was none of my concern…right? Even if he vaguely reminded me of Chris…I hugged my arms, walking down the bleacher stairs and heading for home.
    AsherJayden
    AsherJayden

Post by AsherJayden Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:30 pm

As the try outs got more and more intense, I actually saw a few guys walk up to the coach, hand him their helmets and walk off the field. When try outs were over, there were only 7 of us left.

Coach called us over and we walked to the bench, where he was standing with his clipboard. He cleared his throat and looked up. "We had 4 walk off the field today. Anybody else?" He said. Two more walked off a minute later. 5 left. He sighed and looked around. "Tomorrow. Same place. Same time." He said before sending us off into the locker room.

As I walking back to the locker room. I heard one kid turning to his friend. "Yeah, I'm not coming back tomorrow. It's a waste of my time. We'll probably lose all season anyway." His friend turned to him nodding. "Yeah, good point." 3 left.
    Dawn
    Dawn

Post by Dawn Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:30 pm

It was beginning to get dark, the sun setting in the sky, past the trees. I was still walking, iPod on shuffle, hands in my pockets. It was peaceful out here, when no one was around. I hummed to the music, looking down at the pavement and tucking my hair behind one ear.

It was the mushy season, when the rain stopped and the days got sunnier. Around spring, around football season.
    AsherJayden
    AsherJayden

Post by AsherJayden Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:31 pm

I got in my car after getting out of my gear. I threw my bags into the backseat and buckled my seatbelt. I turned on my car and made my way out of the parking lot.

Driving down the road, I noticed a figure walking, in the dark. I then realized, as I got closer, that it was the girl from Chemistry. I pulled my car up to her and opened a window, giving a light honk so she would know I was coming up. "Do you need a ride?" I called out.
    Dawn
    Dawn

Post by Dawn Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:53 pm

I stopped, turning my iPod off and looking at the car. It was him, again. I tilted my head to the side, confused. So...no one had told him yet. That would explain why he tried out, why he sat beside me like it was nothing, and why he was talking to me now.

He really didn’t know. I rocked back and forth on my heels, speaking. “I don’t really take rides from strangers...but...”
    I sighed, wondering why I was being so...light-hearted with this kid. “I guess this could be an exception.” I took a tentative step toward the street, walking around the front of the car.
    AsherJayden
    AsherJayden

Post by AsherJayden Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:00 pm

I waited for her to get in the car then I looked at her, somewhat awkwardly. I gripped the wheel, keeping my foot heavily planted on the break pad. "So which way?" I asked as I eased my foot from the breaks to the accelerator. I stopped at the stop sign, and waited for an answer.
    Dawn
    Dawn

Post by Dawn Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:54 pm

“48 King street. It’s past the park up there.” I folded my hands in my lap, looking out the passengers window. I was wondering if perhaps it had been a bad idea taking a ride from this guy. The only thing I really knew about him is that he reminded me of Chris. Did I really want to go down this path?

I guess it was too late. I was already in his car, seatbelt on, air conditioning blasting. I decided to break the ice, “So…what’s your name?” I felt dumb for forgetting it. What was it…Ashton, Aaron?
    AsherJayden
    AsherJayden

Post by AsherJayden Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:51 pm

I kept on the same road, passing streets and dark houses with faint lights inside and out. "Asher." I said glancing at her and then back to the road. "Yours?" I asked, never finding out during class. I take a right at the park going into her street, then slowing down at I looked for the number.
    Dawn
    Dawn

Post by Dawn Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:19 pm

I bit my lip. This was getting awkward, or was it just me? I’d lost pretty much all of my social skills in the past year and a half. “Dawn.” I looked over at him, managing a little smile. I didn’t want to seem like a total creep, after all.

“It’s just right up here, the one with the blue windows.” I lifted my chin, nodding in its direction. “Uh…thanks, it was nice to meet you by the way.”
    AsherJayden
    AsherJayden

Post by AsherJayden Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:50 pm

I stopped my car in front of her house and unlocked the door. "Same to you." I smiled before she got out of the car and made her way inside.

I drove off as the night got darker. First day down, a bazillion more to go, I sighed.
    Dawn
    Dawn

Post by Dawn Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:19 pm

I frowned, closing the door behind me. God, I was stupid. I hadn’t spoken that much to anyone in the past year and a half, and a quick judge of character was supposed to change my mind? I raked a hand through my hair, stomping up the stairs and pushing thoughts of Chris and this new guy out of my head.

But after supper, they crept up on me again. Asher was his name? Where did he come from, and why had he come to this sad little town? I did the dishes, wondering about him.
    AsherJayden
    AsherJayden

Post by AsherJayden Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:10 pm

I drove my way down the streets, nearing my house. I took a deep breath. Things were going good. As the new kid, I already had a good chance of being running back and that means popularity. I just hope it's good attention and not bad attention.

I continued to my house thinking about my new start at life.
    Dawn
    Dawn

Post by Dawn Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:20 pm

Sorry ashbash I've been out of town for spring break =P Back now =)
    bic:

The evening passed quickly, I did my homework, cleaned my room, and went to bed. Normal. Boring. When the morning rolled around, there was something different. I got ready for school like I always did, but I took a bit of extra time.

It surprised me when I realized I actually cared what I looked like today. I'd even put on makeup. What was going on? I tried to figure out why I cared so much as I stepped out the door.
    AsherJayden
    AsherJayden

Post by AsherJayden Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:11 pm

My alarm rang late. I woke up and immeditatly jumped off bed, doing five things at once, trying to get ready in time. By the time I actually had gotten ready, I didn't have time to eat breakfast. On the way out the door, I grabbed an apple.

I got into my car and rushed to school. With three minutes to spare, I arrived and parked my car. I ate my apple as I walked into school. I went to my locker, and got my things for the day.
    Dawn
    Dawn

Post by Dawn Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:25 pm

The bell rang a second after I took my seat in my first class, the morning announcements sounding. Some news about the Running back tryouts, but I was past listening. Just doodling and scribbling odd things in my notebook. It was still bugging me...the caring thing. Honeysuckle perfume, even lipgloss. I twirled a knot of my hair, thinking about it as the voice over the intercom pressed on and on about upcoming school events, dances, the game...
    AsherJayden
    AsherJayden

Post by AsherJayden Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:56 pm

The bell rang and I cured under my breath. I still had to go all the way through the school to get to the Chemistry Wing. I quickly made my way towards the class.

I made it to class a few minutes late. My teacher glared at me as I walked in. I bowed my head in shame and walked to the back of the class and sat in my seat next to Dawn. "Why is she so pissy?" I whispered, pulling out my notebook.
    Dawn
    Dawn

Post by Dawn Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:15 pm

I felt myself grin slightly. "I guess her happy pills aren't working." I whispered back, peeking up from my notebook to look at the teacher. She wrote a text book page on the wall, then walked to her desk at the front of the class, eyes narrowed like a bald eagle. The image of Ms.Mason as a bald eagle made me smile down at my paper, lips turning up. It took me a moment to realized I had actually smiled. This surprised me...I hadn't smiled since last year.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:39 pm