Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

THE LULLABY

luvmyhatersnfrends

THE LULLABY Empty THE LULLABY

Post by luvmyhatersnfrends Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:58 pm

hey.this is my second story now i'm 14....i deleted the other.this is a drama,murder story of a family.it is not true but fictional.read it to know how its like.its sad at some parts but its a new type....please read.Comments are appreciated.thank you
    p.s. i have this on anon board too https://apps.facebook.com/anon_board/showthread.aspx?id=31707 .cheers Wink

Title:The lullaby

CHAPTER 1

“My younger sister and I used to watch our father…beat…our mother.” I said. I felt my father’s glare upon me, but what did it matter now anyway? Nothing he could do would be able disturb me after all he did to us.
    “Mr. Kevin McRow…” my father’s attorney started. “How old were both of you then? I mean Mrs. Karla McRow-Roberts and you?” He asked me. I never took my eyes off my father and him.
    “I was ten and she was six.” My voice trembled. I remembered everything clearly. That particular night. That night that started all this. I closed my eyes and everything came back, as if I hit the replay button.

* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

Karla and I were in our room playing Uno, our favourite card game.
    ‘You can’t do this!’ My mum shouted on top of her voice downstairs. Karla put her cards down, run to the corner, squatted and covered her ears. I rushed to her side and hugged her. I gave her a light kiss on her forehead and whispered, “Everything is gonna be all right.” I had lied. It wasn’t going to be. My parents arguing became a frequent thing, as if it was meant to happen, like it was a perfect habit.
    ‘Get out of my way woman!’ My father argued. I needed to see what was going on. That way, I’d have known whether to hide or not.
    “Stay here.” I told Karla.
    “Kevin, don’t.” She pled. Tears formed in her eyes and one escaped and rolled down her rosy cheek.
    “Don’t worry. I’ll be back immediately when I know what to do.” I promised. I looked for her favourite toy, grabbed it from the bed and handed it to her.
    “Here. Hug him. Don’t let go of him until I get back. Understood?” She nodded and hid her face in her toy. I opened the door slowly so as not to make noise and walked to the stairs. I crouched down and listened.
    “Why are you doing this?” I could her pain, tears and fear in her voice.
    “You can’t. I won’t let you!”
    “I am the head of this house! I say what goes. Now let me be!”
    My father’s voice boomed. It was hoarse. Anger, power, control infiltrating it. What was it that he wanted?
    “You can’t do that!” She screamed. She held unto his arm. Was he leaving? Why didn’t she let him go then? After all, it would have been better if he did leave…once and for all. Not for a week or two then came back. He spun to face her and raised his hand as in an attempt to slap her. His stopped midway to the sound of an innocent, worried voice. Karla!
    “Mommy?” Karla called out. She was at the top of the staircase. How did she even get there without me knowing?
    “Karla. Karla! Come back now!” I whispered. I didn’t want them to hear me too.
    “Go back to your room sweetie. I’ll be there in a sec. Ok?” Mother replied. I could now see her face. It was all reddened. Her eyes- red with tears and fear and somewhat tiredness; her rosy cheeks- drenched and stained; her long, golden brown hair- very messy. She never looked this bad.
    “Go to your room Karla. Stay with Kevin, I’m coming.” She said a little sternly.
    “Ok.” Karla simply said. She disappeared into our room and didn’t even bother repeating what mother said. She knew I heard it. I started to stand up slowly and suddenly heard mother scream.
    “No! No! Don’t! I have another idea but please don’t.” She surrendered to him. An evil grin crossed my father’s face. He was sweating profusely. The first two buttons of his shirt was open; his black curls were wet and spiky at the top; his shirt was drenched with sweat like he had been working out for an hour or two. He looked frustrated. This was not a pleasant sight, looking at him.
    He went closer to mother and gently caressed her face with his hands. He pushed back a lock of hair, which fell over her eye, behind her ear. She closed her eyes shut, as if she knew what was coming, like she was expecting it. I expected it as always too.
    When he got to her cheek, I felt him smile then immediately slapped her with much force. She fell to the floor, sobbing quietly.
    “Get up!” He yelled at her. She took her time, but she managed to. He slapped her again and she fell once more. Crashing to the ground. He crouched and held her hair. He pulled it back quickly, sending pain pulsing through my crying mother. She shrieked. He whispered loudly in her ear.
    “Now you’re gonna get it, bitch. I won’t be kind.” He smirked as he stood up. His face was visible where he stood. No hints of sorrow, pain or regret were in his eyes. He kicked mother in her stomach and she gasped. She curled up into a ball like a helpless puppy or kitten and whimpered.

this is all for now....i'll post more as soon as i get a few replies.thank you for reading.enjoy Wink Very Happy Very Happy Smile Laughing study Basketball

Last edited by NNAL1 on Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

THE LULLABY Empty Re: THE LULLABY

Post by Guest Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:02 pm

I moved this to short stories cause it was in the wrong place =P and as for replies just keep posting, people will eventually read it, especially since this place is so new.
    luvmyhatersnfrends

Post by luvmyhatersnfrends Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:08 pm

thanks.you also get to read it too lol but why short stories?dont get it
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:12 pm

1 piece of constructive criticism- I like it btw- read my novels if u get a chance =P- your characters speak as if they are sort of 15/16, but that's just me others may disagree. ill get a few other too look.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:01 pm