Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

4 posters

Algiea: The End Of An Era

Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Read Me Algiea: The End Of An Era

Post by Murdoch Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:20 pm

I am back, and with another RP to whet your appetites. This one is similar to my other ones, in a way….yet so much different, and deliciously so. But we will get to that later.

The world of Algeia. A world like our own, but totally different. It could be our world eons ago or a whole different planet, whichever one, but that fact is irrelevant. The continents are joined in the centre of the world in one massive supercontinent, dubbed “Krakaos” by the inhabitants of Algeia, and the supercontinent itself is home to three nations who, until recently have been at peace. The realm of Charos (kah-ross) lies to the north of the continent, spanning the entire width- a good few million miles- and a quarter of the height of the continent. Charos is run by a Tsar, a dictator who came to the throne through bloodshed and treachery. However, this is the way things are done in Charos, and the Tsar- Tsar Gregory the Bold- is much loved by his people. To the south east of Charos, occupying roughly half of the rest of the continent is the Republic of Arkadia, a country run by a group of elected representatives from the upper classes, and overseen by a council of the lower classes. To the south west of Charos lies the Empire of Burginia, ruled by a council of nine elders and The Magnificent Emperor- currently “Crimiat The Magnificent”- and a legion of advisors. These countries have been at peace for generations (but you’ve probably already guessed that that will not last long, lol).

We all start in a merchant trading town- Revnall- that lies on the crossroads that lies where all three borders meet; ergo, there is a lot of business that passes through this area. We have all come for our different reasons, and things are about to get out of hand.

But I am getting ahead of myself! I must outline the technology and the rules of the people, do I not? Never fear, I have not prepared a massive presentation. Suffice to say that the technology is European medieval- so catapults are yes, cannons and guns no- and that magic does exist. I shall now explain the different classes. You can choose any ONE of these. There are two categories; magic and non-magic. You can choose only ONE of the classes, even if they are in different categories.

MAGIC:
    These classes have spent years training in the mystical arts, learning to depend on their prowess to protect them if necessary. They DO NOT use weapons, as the time required to learn the sword was replaced with the magic lessons. Many can, however, ride horses. 

MAGE:
    The mage has learnt to harness the raw energies of the natural world to unleash devastating volleys on their foes. Be it strikes of lightning, waves of fireballs, walls of fire, jets of water, deadly blades of wind or eruptions of earth, they can decimate many foes in one blast. However, they run the risk of losing control and killing themselves and others around them, and tire out much faster than other classes.

SHAMAN:
    The Shaman has trained in the darker arts, learning to manipulate the shadows to direct powerful dark attacks, be it a life-sucking energy field, summoning a shadow creature or just a simple ball of dark energy, they do not have the wide area of effect that Mages do, but individually, they are far more powerful. However, prolonged usage of these powers does tend to warp the mind and leech life from the user…Shamans do not tend to stay sane- or alive- for more than twenty years after they start using their powers frequently. As such, they are rare.

CLERIC:
    A cleric is a member of one of the many different religious bodies that exist throughout the kingdom, but the magic is the same; they direct bolts of light, strikes of holy power or blinding flashes at their assailants, and are also the only Magic class to be able to use their power to heal. Whilst they do not have the control or life issues of the other two, their magic is far more defensive and less directly powerful than the others. Their power lies in protection and diversion.

NON-MAGIC:
    These classes cannot use magic, and instead rely on use of arms. DO NOT feel you have to choose the career that the class title implies. You can be a Soldier and not be a part of the military, you can be a Pirate and be a part of the city guard. 

CITIZEN:
    Exactly what it says. Be it merchant, innkeeper or blacksmith, you are not a combatant.

SOLDIER:
    A simple soldier, perhaps, but do not underestimate them. They use their lances, throwing spears, armour and shields to devastating effect, being very highly drilled and well trained. They are the backbone of any army.

MYRMIDON:
    A person who has dedicated their life to the sword, they wear little to no armour, instead relying on their ability to not get hit. They usually use one light-and-agile sword, but sometimes use a sword and a small dagger.

PIRATE:
    A fighting style and a life choice, “Pirate” is the name given to anyone using one or two axes in combat. They can also throw small throwing axes extremely accurately.

CAVALIER:
    A mounted soldier who excels in using lance and sword to cut down enemy forces, they are devastating in open warfare but struggle in forests. They can use throwing spears and axes.

KNIGHT:
    A heavily armoured individual who sacrifices speed and mobility for extremely tough armour and a large lance. They are the captains of any defence, and cover any retreat. Their one true weakness is the power of Shamans.

PEGASUS KNIGHT:
    A Cavalier that rides atop a beautiful flying horse, who uses a sword, a lance or a bow. The Pegasus being small and not too strong, only one of these weapons may be used. (please specify). They are EXTREMELY vulnerable to bows and fire magic.

WYVERN KNIGHT:
    Unlike their Pegasus counterparts, “Beautiful” is not the word that comes to mind. More like “Fearsome” and “Vicious”. These Cavaliers ride on the back of a scaled, leathery-winged wyvern. Although slower than the Pegasus, a Wyvern can take much more punishment and allows the knight atop it to carry two weapons instead of one, being that much stronger; either a bow, a sword or a lance. Wyverns are vulnerable to crossbows and Thunder magic.

BERSERKER:
    A berserker flies into a rage in battle, only dimly remembering who is friend and who is foe. They lay about them with their massive battleaxes, never caring for strategy or range. They hit what they see, and even though they wear little to no armour, they seem unstoppable, only collapsing of their wounds after the battle is done.

ARCHER:
    A man who uses either bow or crossbow, this ranged class prefers to pick off enemies from afar before anything as unsightly as close combat can occur. Archers wear little armour and are vulnerable to close combat units.

THIEF:
    A scoundrel and a sneak, most thieves use a concealed dagger and darkness to attack and hide. They are skilled at avoiding detection, can move far faster than any other foot soldier and can pick locks with ease, but they are very vulnerable against combat units of any kind.

ASSASSIN:
    Although an assassin can more than hold his own against most unit classes, his skill is in moving about undetected, striking from nowhere and disappearing again into the shadows. They use twin daggers and bows, and other, more subtle ways of killing.

Ok, choose your class, post your bio and lets go  I shall post up my bio when there is interest in it.

Last edited by Murdoch on Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Read Me Re: Algiea: The End Of An Era

Post by Murdoch Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:54 pm

Nobody?
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:06 pm

Don't like the musical idea.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:10 pm

Really? Awww Sad well, I can take that out.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:15 pm

Then I'd join! Smile
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:14 am

Well post a bio and advertise this RP Smile
    Capri
    Capri
    The Zealous Irish-Italian

Post by Capri Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:11 am

Hmmm. Could Carlotta be an assassin? Very Happy
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:32 am

Why the hell not? It's up there as a class choice, isn't it?
    Capri
    Capri

Post by Capri Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:09 pm

Just makin' sure...

Character Name(s): Carlotta Anacleto
    Species/Race: Human/Assassin.
    Skin: Fair, but with an olive undertone.
    Build/Body type: Slender, but has curves. Long-limbed.
    Hair Color: Dark brown, almost black. Redish highlights.
    Hairstyle: Ringlets that fall down to her mid-back.
    Eye Color: Violet.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: 115 llbs.

Her clothing changes a lot. She mostly wears black.

Sexuality: Straight.
    Relationship Status: Single.
    Personality: Hard-headed, strong-willed. Thinks a lot, and is a very good plotter. Vengeful when the time calls for it. Is very unpredictable and hard to read. Sometimes just doesn't give a shit. But she has a softer side. A rare softer side. Engineered for killing.

Weapons: Bow and arrows, dagger attached to each thigh, flasks of various poisons.

Last edited by Capri on Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:39 pm

Character Name(s): Daniel McKarthy
    Species/Race: Human/Shaman
    Skin: Light
    Build/Body type: Slim and lean. Though doesn't look too healthily due to the insanity.
    Hair Color: Light brown
    Hairstyle: Messy, partially covers eyes
    Eye Color: One green, one a dark purple.
    Height: 6'3"
    Clothing: Black tradition robes.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:45 pm

Sorry, I wasn't sure what to put for clothing

I guess something like this.

http://gfx.gexe.pl/articles/wow/Shaman/430px-ArtDraeneiShaman.jpg

I don't know. I google searched.

Last edited by Danny on Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Allen
    Allen
    Admin's Pet
    Admin's Pet

Post by Allen Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:06 pm

How could a soldier gain use of the lance? You need a horse with stirrups to use the lance. Those are EXPENSIVE.

Plus, why is it mages which seemingly are the most organically powerful class are so boring.

Where's the "commanding powers both dark and powerful, mages manifest pure wrath on enemies. Elements of fire, ice, and lightning doll out from their finger tips..."? Seriously, they just seem boring now. Like they wear pointed hats or something.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:55 pm

Allen, by lances I mean thicker spears. And I thought to balance out the mages; Bishops and Clerics get light magic, Shamans get dark and Mages get nature. It means that no one can destroy anyone else through godmodding. Here's a thought; don't like the magic system, don't join and stop trolling for the sake of trolling. No one else seems to be complaining, do they? Besides, had you actually *read* it, it is pretty much what you described. They can use lightning and fire and earth and wind and everything like that. Read, think and then read again before posting. Please and thank you.

Danny, Shamans are non close-combat units, so they wouldn't really wield weapons. Other than that, the clothing can be what you want Smile

My Bio:

Ok, so my main character Murdoch is going to be the leader of a small band of three mercenaries, but I will not use them all in combat unless Murdoch is up against three or more people. They will all get equal amounts of my attention, and you guys are welcome to add one or two of your own followers Smile

Name: Murdoch
    Species: Human
    Class: Wyvern Knight
    Weapons: A hand-and-a-half sword that follows the style of a Zweihander, a long halberd with a hooked end and a set of two strengthened spears that can be thrown.

Appearance: Murdoch wears black plate armour with silver trimming, his pauldrons rather modestly protruding from his shoulders. He wears a dark blue tasset that comes down to about his knee. He has black messy hair and a single dark blue eye, the other one being covered by a black eyepatch. He is capable of thinking strategically and, although he is capable of being serious, he is generally quite upbeat about the situation. His Wyvern, Draco, is an average sized black Wyvern.
    Other: Is the leader of "The Blackstone Irregulars" mercenary band.

Name: Durge
    Class: Assassin
    Weapons: He wields a pair of daggers just too short to be classed as swords, along with a set of throwing daggers and various poisons.

Appearance: He has dark brown hair that is cut short atop a head that is home to two dark, calculating green eyes, the left one having a scar of three claws running down and through it; he's very lucky to still have sight in that eye. He wears a pair of black breeches that are torn at the bottom, a black jerkin with a knife belt strapped across it and a black cloak that stretches down to his ankles. His attitude is one of dark, cold calculations and he is lukewarm at best to everyone save Mya.
    Other: Is in a "Relationship" with Mya. This is still new, and he is finding his feet, but he cares about her very much. He is also one of "The Blackstone Irregulars".

Name: Mya
    Class: Cleric
    Weapons: She uses light magic- mostly flares of light and accurate, single bolts- and a healing stave she carries on her back.

Appearance: Her blonde hair is tied up into twin pigtails on either side of her head, and large brown eyes peer out of a delicate-looking face. She is rather small compared to the two men, and tends to abhor violence. She wears a long, flowing brown robe that covers the nape of her neck down to her ankles. She is shy and quiet.
    Other: She is in a "relationship" with Durge and, like him, she is learning on the go. Although she is a pacifist at heart, she will abandon all of that if it will protect Durge. She is also the final member of "The Blackstone Irregulars".

The Blackstone Irregulars are in town on an unspecified contract. Smile
    Allen
    Allen
    Admin's Pet
    Admin's Pet

Post by Allen Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:57 pm

Balance Magic? NO. MAGERY TEH LEET. You should invoke some physical fatigue to strong spells in my opinion. "Sure, you could teleport. But you'll die."
    Allen
    Allen
    Admin's Pet
    Admin's Pet

Post by Allen Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:58 pm

lolololol DA:O reference.

Let me think of a female mage concept, I feel like drawing upon imagined Hawke talents if I join.

Good luck with this Murdoch, it isn't that bad.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:09 pm

I hadn't posted weapons. The thing in the picture was just for my clothing I guess....
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:15 pm

Lol, Allen, glad you spotted the reference. I was stuck for a name and thought "Meh, references for the win". Lol. But this RP is very loosely based on Fire Emblem, and they have three mage class trees to balance it out (there is one mage that can do everything, the Archsage, but there is a reason that there's only one of them in the entire game, lol).
    But yeah, thanks for the good luck Smile

danny, I know, don't worry Smile I was just saying it in case. Smile
    Allen
    Allen
    Admin's Pet
    Admin's Pet

Post by Allen Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:20 pm

Are the classes set in stone? Or can you modify them?

Because suddenly, reviewing each individual class, I think combat is more thrilling to Role-play as.

By modify I mean branch skills out.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:33 pm

Not really, no. If it says swords and axes, that is what that class trains in. You could pick up a spear or a lance, but it'd be as much use as a chocolate kettle. Smile
    Allen
    Allen
    Admin's Pet
    Admin's Pet

Post by Allen Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:34 pm

You'd be surprised how desperation makes people fight well with any implement...

Whatever. Be back with a bio eventually.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 7:33 am