Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

2 posters

The Forgotten Realms WIP

Deamonata
    Possum
    Possum

Location : The best country of them all UK!!!! (and the north of it so even better)

The Forgotten Realms WIP Empty The Forgotten Realms WIP

Post by Deamonata Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:25 pm

Right, ok this is currently a WIP. The Idea I had was to set a roleplay in the "Forgotten Realms" (If you know know what this is it is one of the more famous D&D settings popularized by various computer games including BG and NWN). Anyway this wouldn't be D&D but it would be in that wolrd so the characters would have to fit in with the Lore of that world, for example if you are a Drow you would have to have a back story as to why you weren't in the underdark.

A map if the Forgotten Realms is located here http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/wd_maps/FRposterLarge_150.jpg

I'm currently working on a rough idea for a overarcing story i.e something that we have to do to save the world, if any one happens to have any ideas that let me know.

The start of the story will be similar to that of NWN2, we are all villagers in a small village in the "Mere of the dead" (on the map look along the sword coast). Then something will happen, an attack maybe, which will force us to leave.

The post is basically to ask for ideas and to find out interest in the whole thing.

Last edited by Deamonata on Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:32 am; edited 1 time in total
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

The Forgotten Realms WIP Empty Re: The Forgotten Realms WIP

Post by Danny Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:23 pm

Hey, I'm not really sure what your talking about, but yeah, I'd be interested! Anyway, that's my two sense.
    Deamonata
    Possum
    Possum

Location : The best country of them all UK!!!! (and the north of it so even better)

Post by Deamonata Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:53 am

Basically I'm using the setting of the forgotten realms to base a fantasy in. I thought it was quite a good idea because there is so much lore for it you can really immerse in it, the cultures and the stereotypes are all laid out.

If you don't know much about the forgotten realms then don't worry I'm not an expert by any means but there is a good website at http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page where for example say we went to one of the cites say Neverwinter you could look it up and then it would give you all the background you need. I'm also not expecting to stick ridgedly to the lore more just is it as a very detailed starting point. I'm also expecting while we might have some sort of main overall story line i.e a "kill the big bad guy" sort of thing, I'm kinda thinking that we would make our own course to fix it and have "mini adventures" along the way, if that makes sense.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:07 am

Yeah, I guess that makes sense. I'm in!
    Deamonata
    Possum
    Possum

Post by Deamonata Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:31 am

Galifar was an ancient elven mage who lead an army of Orcs, Goblins, Trolls and Giants, he brought the world to it knees with a vicious war. The war finally ended when he was defeated in battle, the battle is known as the "battle of the mere".
    No-one knows exactly what happened in that battle because none survived on either side and the body of Galifar was never found

There is a group known only as "the cabal of shadows". They are seeking a tome called the Caldyn Fragments. The Tome however has been broken up into several g They seek to manipulate the caldyn fragments to resurect Galifar.

I'm thinking that the village (where we live) is attacked by an army of goblins looking for part of the tome which has been hidden in the village.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 11:36 am