Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

+5
Alexis
Eljordo
Brandon
Alix Labe
Banather
9 posters

Eternal Wings

Banather
    Banather
    Red Panda
    Red Panda

Eternal Wings Empty Eternal Wings

Post by Banather Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:22 am

A long long time ago, it was. Before people began to dwell in the sky, a terrible war was raged between us humans and the wicked god. After the horrendous battle, our ancestors entombed the wicked god, and left the polluted and barren earth to find a future in the sky.

It has been over a thousand years since the War of the Gods. It was a war so terrifying and destructive, that it left the entire earth shattered and torn. In search of a future for mankind, a council of great sorcerers used the power of the evil god Malpercio, to lift the few untainted scraps of land into the sky. On each of the five new continents, large and powerful nations formed.

Sadal Suud
    The most underdeveloped and traditional of the nations. Mostly covered in forests, even it's capital city, Pherkad, is quite small and peaceful. The people are mostly farmers, ranchers, or tradesfolk.

Diadem, Land of the Clouds
    A beautiful land shrouded in pink-hued clouds. Despite appearances, Diadem is renowned for it's fearless and skilled knights, as well as their courageous and proud King. It's people are typically superstitious, and mistrusting towards foreigners.

Anuenue, the Rainbow Nation
    Known for it's School of Magic, Anuenue is a powerful, yet peaceful, nation. Key features of the land are the perpetual rainbows that circle around the eastern tip of the island, and the Celestial Tree, a living, conscious plant larger and more ancient than anything else known to mankind. There is also a magical barrier that surrounds the continent, making it all but impossible for another nation to invade.

Mira, City of Illusion
    This continent is constantly shifting between the human plane of existence, and an unknown dimension. The only way to access this world is to travel the trail of souls, an extremely dangerous path for those unfamiliar with it. Things and places on this world seem to appear and disappear, without any clue as to where they go.

Alfard, The Empire of the Flame
    The largest and most powerful nation, known for it's advanced technology known as Machina, it's golden buildings, proud citizens, and democratic rule by emperorship. The land which has not been developed into the massive city of Mintaka, is mostly desert and barren. It boasts a large and well equipped military, however it's people all but completely rejects magic of any kind.

Underneath all of these continents lies the Taintclouds. These are clouds of poisonous gas and constant electrical activity that make travelling to the earth impossible. Some people even doubt that there is an earth beneath the clouds.

In the distant past, people relied heavily on magic for everything from helping them with day to day living, to fighting against untold enemies. Following the War of the Gods, magic lost it's potency and use, possibly in relation to the defeat of the god Malpercio. In recent years, it has seen a small increase in use, but is often overlooked in favor of machines.

As well as magic, there is another practice that has seen a major decline in use. For centuries, people have been able to create "Wings of the Heart", visible and semi-physical projections of a person's own soul. These manifest themselves as wings, hence the name, and their size, shape, and brightness are said to be a direct reflection of the purity of the person's heart. However, their use has become looked down upon by many, in favor of mechanical means of flight, known as Winglets.

For this RP, you can be from any of the nations. You may choose to use Wings of the Heart, Winglets, or neither. All of us will be part of an expedition in the Sadal Suud forest. We don't know what we are looking for, only that we are being paid a large amount of money. As far as weaponry and technology goes, the people of Alfard use steampunk-like technology, with guns that fire energized projectiles. Everyone else tends to use more traditional weapons, such as swords/spears/bows, etc. Magic is rare, but not out of the question if you want your character to use it.

Characters
    Banather - Enlys, Diadem
    Jade Hawk - Klaire, Mira
    ElJordo - Gabriel, Diadem
    Capri - Irides, Anuenue
    Brandon - Takashi, Alfard

Last edited by Banather on Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:20 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Alix Labe
    Alix Labe
    The Toy Maker
    The Toy Maker

Eternal Wings Empty Re: Eternal Wings

Post by Alix Labe Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:50 am

mmmmm i dont know DX INDICISION
    Brandon
    Brandon
    Brandy Maxy
    Brandy Maxy

Post by Brandon Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:22 am

Can you explain the wings a bit further? I'm not really following what their signifigance and/or point is in all of this... 0_o
    Banather
    Banather
    Red Panda
    Red Panda

Post by Banather Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:19 pm

My apologies. I tried to explain it as best I could, but I was really tired when I wrote that.

Those who live on the floating islands have learned to project wings from their backs. Because the wings are projections of the soul, their appearance varies from person to person. The beauty, size, and strength of one's wings depends on the strength of the person's heart, character, and morals. Having weak, small, or even non-existant wings is supposedly a sign of a cruel or cursed person. Being able to fly with your wings, or even glide, is a symbol of the strength of one's heart. The appearance, however, is more a reflection of the nature of the person. A particularly proud person may have eagle wings, while a kind-hearted individual may have the wings of a dove. It is also possible to have wings that resemble those of an insect, or even some that do not resemble anything real at all.

Wings seem to be at once both physical and spiritual entities, since they are strong enough in some cases to allow flight and can be gripped, yet do not tear clothing when they are brought in or out.

Because Winglets, as a machine, provide more ease and reliability than wings of the heart, many people, especially from Alfard, shun the use of regular wings.

In short, Wings of the Heart are a visible expression of who you are. Even choosing not to use them, in favor of winglets or for other reasons, can show a great deal about a person.
    Brandon
    Brandon
    Brandy Maxy
    Brandy Maxy

Post by Brandon Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:30 am

Ok. Haha thanks. It sounds interesting though...I like the mystery in in fact that we don't even know what we're doing lol
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:01 am

I may be interested, just gimme a general direction. What do each of the factions want? Is their a common goal? Who hates who? We need direction Ban Razz
    Banather
    Banather
    Red Panda
    Red Panda

Post by Banather Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:59 am

Alfard is generally mistrusted by the rest of the nations, due to it's radical separation from the traditional ways. They share a strong rivalry with Diadem, which is the only other nation having a military that comes close to the Alfard forces.

Anuenue is a purely neutral nation. Leaders of other lands often go there for vacations. This land is dedicated to the preservation of nature, and studying of magic.

Sadal Suud, because it is quite small and underdeveloped, has become almost like a servant to the Alfard Empire. Ever since the days of Promachination (When the Empire imposed it's ideas of using machines on all of the other nations), Sadal Suud has been held firmly within their grasp, relying heavily on aid from the Empire.

Mira is extremely mysterious, and because of the difficulty people have travelling to and from this continent, it's people generally keep to themselves. A few people from this land are able to obtain companions known as guardian spirits. No one but the person with the guardian can speak to it, or hear it, but they are nevertheless there, and also quite powerful. The impression these people give by seemingly speaking to themselves is one of insanity.
    Alexis
    Alexis

Post by Alexis Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:04 pm

I'm very interested, but am just getting started on thinking of a character. I'll post a bio whenever I have one. That is, if you’re alright with me joining.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:17 pm

This seems interesting. It depends really on if I can create a character whether or not I'll join though.
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:27 pm

The people from Mira.... their guardian spirits... are they people or animals?
    Banather
    Banather
    Red Panda
    Red Panda

Post by Banather Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:50 pm

Guardian Spirits don't have any visible form. They exist within their host, but are never seen. They can speak to their host only. The only things they do is provide wisdom, and if the host and spirit are like-minded, occasionally provide good luck.
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:39 pm

Well, I'm joining! I think you explaining it to me in person at Boston Pizza helped me understand this roleplay a lot better. I'm not using my normal bio for this roleplay.

Basic
    Name: Klaire
    Sex: Female

Features
    Species: Human
    Land: Mira
    Skin color: Very pale
    Tattoo: None
    Height: 5"7'
    Build: Slender
    Hair (color/style): Long indigo hair, slightly wavy. Down to lower back
    Eyes: Jewel green

Dressware
    Top: Black long-sleeved shirt
    Bottom: Dark blue jeans
    Shoes: Knee-high black boots

About Character
    Relationship status: Single
    Sexuality: Straight
    Personality: She is very introverted and not highly charismatic, but when approached by another she is kind and gental. Despite this aspect of her personality, bravery occasionally finds her when she is needed in battle, or to stand up for what she believes. Her spirit guardian is the only company she is currently comfortable with, despite it not being a true individual. Although she prefers to fight alone, as she wishes for most activities, she longs for the company of a companion, whether it be a true friend, or a true love.
    Background/secret: Klaire was born and raised on Mira, but neither of her parents were native to that land. Her father was from Alfard and despised the use of magic, forcing her mother to cease her spells of which she learned growing up in Anuenue. As Klaire showed signs of inheriting her mother's abilities to learn magic, her mother secretly used her spells, and Klaire's father, filled with anger, killed her mother and fled. Alone, Klaire does not know where her father is, or if he is even still alive. With no siblings, Klaire learned to raise herself, and has since gained knowledge of an independent life, thus her reason for being so introverted. Although her past still haunts her with frightful memories and many questions unanswered, she has grown to accept her life and live on, despite her frequent nightmares.
    Powers: Slight knowledge of magic
    Prefered weapon: Bow and arrows and dagger
    Wings: Her wings take this form because of her past. They are partly white and feathery to represent her pureness of heart and kindness towards others. The blue symbolizes both her strength of will, and her weakness of her will to fight alone. The black represents her troubled thoughts and the past of which she had to endure.
    Spoiler:
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:39 pm

I'm not so sure how to approach this RP, what is the goal? What are we after?
    Banather
    Banather
    Red Panda
    Red Panda

Post by Banather Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:43 pm

Basic
    Name: Enlys
    Sex: Male

Features
    Land: Diadem, Nashira Village
    Skin color: Tanned
    Tattoo: None
    Height: 6'2"
    Build: Muscular
    Hair (color/style): Brown, jaw length, although he usually keeps it pulled back.
    Eyes: Pale blue, almost white. Occasionally gives the impression that he is blind.

Dressware
    Top: Open red vest, over a bare chest.
    Bottom: Baggy pants that cut off above the ankles, which are commonly worn by the fishermen of Nashira.
    Shoes. Open toed sandals.

About Character
    Relationship Status: Single
    Personality: Although he exhibits some of the characteristic Diadem sense of superstition, he dislikes how traditional and close-minded his people are. It's difficult for him to look past the stereotypes of other nations, although he will always eventually let a person's character speak for itself. Growing up in the fishing village of Nashira caused him to develop a strong respect for hard work, as well as appreciation for the value of a team.
    Background/secret: Although such an action is technically forbidden by the elders of Nashira, Enlys repeatedly would go out to the Lesser Celestial River, and test himself by attempting to swim upstream. Swimming in the river is said to cause violent rapids, making it dangerous to fish. When the elders found out about this, he was banned from boarding any of the fishing vessels, or assisting with unloading each days catch. Fed up with being punished because of superstitions, he left the village, and decided to see the other nations.
    Powers: Cuts and bruises heal remarkably fast while he is in the water.
    Preferred Weapon: Fishing Spear.
    Spoiler:
    Wings: Iridescent Dragonfly Wings. These represent his life growing up, and depending on, the water. They also are a symbol of his inner strength, and clear view on the realities of life. Although he cannot fly well on them, while out they provide an agility that does not match his physical size.
    Spoiler:
    Banather
    Banather
    Red Panda
    Red Panda

Post by Banather Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:48 pm

And Jordo, we are all part of an expedition group sent to the wilderness of Sadal Suud. We are investigating reports of strange beasts near an ancient ruin, deep within the forest. Any mentions of this to the locals only brought looks of fear, and doors slammed in our faces. The organisation funding us, although we don't know for certain, seems to be from Alfard.
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:51 pm

Sure, Im in, gimme till later to get my bio up
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:12 pm

Cody, can you recommend more interesting powers that my character can use? Pretty please! Can you also add to your first post (the one that appears at the top of every page) players names, character names, and where they come from? I get confused and forgetful easily.
    Banather
    Banather
    Red Panda
    Red Panda

Post by Banather Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:37 pm

Some powers you could have, with your background, could be access to elemental magic. In this world, there are five elements: Fire, Ice, Lightning, Dark, and Light. Basic knowledge of each one allows someone to conjure a form of that element, and use it for practical uses, or even attack with it. You could choose one of these elements, and decide to imbue your weapons with that type, as well.
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:52 pm

Sweet, I think I'll do that! Thanking you!
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:20 pm

Bio:

Name: Gabriel

Region: Diadem

Height: 6'2

Weight: 205lbs

Skin Color: Pale

Build: Muscular

Hair: Long flowing blonde

Eyes: Bright crystal Blue

Dresswear: Gabriel is a Knight and former General of Diadem, he is rarely seen out of his Armour. His Armour is plate, Covering his upper torso and arms, as bright and brilliant as crystal. He also wears a Helm, witch is more like a crown that covers part of his face.
    NOTE: This is exactly how Gabriel looks, Just with two wings instead of four
    Spoiler:

Wings: Gabriel has a pair of some of the most radiant and large Eagle Wings you will ever see.

Weapons: Gabriel Has a devine longsword and massive Shield.

Powers: When in dire need, Gabriel can enter a trans like state, becoming a near perfect warrior as his sword catches flame. He can not control this.

History: Gabriel was always a devoted and brave individual, and a fighter to boot. At age 18, he became a knight of Diadem. Like all the others he was fearless and devoted, but he was unlike the others in one respect. He Is an excelent tactician, prefering to lead than to be given orders. He was given command of Diadem's armies at the age of 26, and retired for personal reasons at the age of 31.

That okay?
    Banather
    Banather
    Red Panda
    Red Panda

Post by Banather Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:42 pm

That's fine, as long as the trance thing doesn't happen all the time.

I'm gonna say once we get one more person, I'll start this up.
    Capri
    Capri
    The Zealous Irish-Italian
    The Zealous Irish-Italian

Post by Capri Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:46 pm

To make it evened out, I'll join Anuenue.

Basic
    Name: Irides
    Sex: Female

Features
    Land: Anuenue
    Skin color: Pale, but always seems to have a peachy glow in her cheeks.
    Tattoo: Tiny black flowers winding through her fingers on both of her hands.
    Height: 5"7'
    Build: Slender & lean. Long-limbed.
    Hair (color/style): Purest black. Elbow length with a purple-green sheen.
    Eyes: Dark gold fading into a honey amber color.

Dressware
    Top: White long-sleeved v-neck.
    Bottom: Dark fitted jeans.
    Shoes: Prefers being barefoot, but wears whatever is needed.

About Character
    Personality: Gives off the impression of being personable. And is polite...most of the time. Irides is rather feisty, and when provoked, things could get ugly. But she is not one to boost or be cocky. Her sweet face and nature hides her truly mischievous and devious persona. Brilliant schemer, she is not one to mess with, but when on her good side, she proves worthy of your time.
    Powers: very skilled in magic, though it seems to slowly be dwindling in popularity. But she has been learning since she was born.
    Preferred weapon: Skilled archer. She carries around her bow and arrows often, and well as a plasma gun given to her by her father.
    Wings: They very much match her hair. While black, they have a raven sheen to them. And they are bird-like with long feathers, almost reaching her ankles in length.

Spoiler:
    Brandon
    Brandon
    Brandy Maxy
    Brandy Maxy

Post by Brandon Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:07 pm

Basic
    Name: Takashi

Features
    Land: Alfard
    Skin color: An even brown.
    Tattoo: Black and red, tribal dragon down his right arm.
    Height: 6'0"
    Build: Toned. Not extremely muscular, but above average.
    Hair (color/style): http://www.advancedanime.com/pictures/normal_sample-d940f8db084596abf0bee32495912061.jpg
    Eyes: Dark purple. Almost look black with a purpleish tint or shine. http://kingdomofvalar.webs.com/mysticeye.jpg

Dressware
    Top: Black undershirt, covered by an open military jacket. Which is black, with aqua trim. The Alfard military symbol is over my heart.
    http://www.kropserkel.com/Images/wkarmkrop.jpg <---on his left arm.
    Bottom: Aqua military fatigues.
    Shoes:-Metal boots worn attached to these greaves-
    http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs42/f/2009/063/3/0/drow_heavy_greaves_by_Sharpener.jpg

About Character
    Personality: Strong silent type. But is known to "share" his opinion if he feels it's needed.
    Powers: Doesn't believe in magic "abilites".
    Preferred weapon: Carries two energy pistols and a rifle. Along with a serrated dagger that he usually doesn't use for fighting.
    Wings: http://keiththompsonart.com/pages/wings.html
    His wings represent the ability of human intuition and skill to create. Sharing, more than is probably nessicary, that they aren't made of "magic". And proud of this since he recieved them on his 18th birthday.

Banather
    Banather
    Red Panda
    Red Panda

Post by Banather Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:24 pm

Nice bios everyone. Just so you all know, I won't be making the opening post until saturday night, or possibly tomorrow night. I'm exhausted from packing all day, and I'm moving first thing in the morning. I also have a 7-8 hour drive before I reach my new place, so I'll most likely be too tired tomorrow as well.

Sorry everyone
    Banather
    Banather
    Red Panda
    Red Panda

Post by Banather Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:19 pm

Sorry guys, but I honestly have no idea what I'm going to do with this RP. I've thrown around about a dozen ideas, but I don't really like any of them

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content