Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

5 posters

Welcome to the Cirque

Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Read Me Welcome to the Cirque

Post by Mercy Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:02 pm

Introduction:
    Look beyond the horizon, my friend, if you do not see the sun setting each evening, then you do not see the cirque. The eternal routine of day and night, light and dark, it stretches on, each moment elongated into a memory. Those memories, you keep, forever. If you do not see the tents, if you do not hear the music, if you do not smell astonishment, then you haven’t yet lived to the fullest. Come see the only cirque that will legitimately take your breath away. I’m sure you’ve been to many before, and I’m sure you’ve been astonished before, but this traveling circus is far more different than you can imagine. Can you feel the energy? Can you tell the difference in your mood and health for the next year? You live. You sincerely and truly, live....

Rules:
    I will need a moderately sized cast, and the following things I would like to see, but are not needed: Trapeze/tight-rope acts, acrobats, aerial dancers, animal(poodles, snakes, elephants, monkeys, horses) trainers/acts, clowns, magician/illusionist and an assistant, Extraordinary folk(Bearded lady, wolf-man, lady with no bones(flexible), gnome, strongest man/woman, people who do neat tricks like eating glass or something, etc.), Clear out crew, ride-mechanics, fortune-teller, chefs for snack carts, etc. And whatever else you'd think would add to the dynamics of this story.

The only problem is, there are those who don't exactly enjoy our shows, and they wish to take us down...

Now more about the circus members. There are some who can turn into a specific animal upon will, others have magical powers but are limited to only a select few, some can do supernatural things, and all of them are immortal(Due to the power of the Ringmistress.) None of the crew members have last names, they only have their first name(even that might not be authentic), and the title of their act.

I don't require for you to do the history part, just mention when the member was born and exactly when they joined this circus. Don't be over all open about your character, make them mysterious, interesting folks, after all, some of them have lived for a very long time

Characters we will need:

Ring Master:
    Crew: Kiaki [Jade], Erik [Mike], Arabel [Mercy], Ignis [Capri]
    Animal Keepers:
    Helpers of the Cirque [Help set up, and make sure everything goes according to plan]:

Those who want to take down the Cirque: Saxon [Danny]

Last edited by Mercy on Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:56 am; edited 4 times in total
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Read Me Re: Welcome to the Cirque

Post by Mercy Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:05 pm

Name: A gypsy has three names
    One that is sacred that the mother whispers to her child when she/he is first born: Esme [To love]
    A name that is only used within the gypsy people: Mirela [It is a gypsy name, meaning to admire]
    And a common name who you all know me by: Arabel [meaning rebel]

Eye Color: A grayish color, with blue and green mix [Like a starburst effect from the pupil].
    Sexuality: Pansexual: I don’t believe in belittling one gender over another, it’s more about the personality then anything, whoever can put up with you and make you laugh the most
    Facial Features: Has an almost button like nose, ivory pale skin, rosy cheeks. Full lips and a crooked smile. Has big round eyes, not like creepy they’re just extremely expressive. A more oval shape face and a defined jaw line.
    Hair Color/Style: I wear a bandana as a headband; a dark chocolate brown, wavy and hits halfway down my back, parted to the side.
    Body Type: Curvy, yet thin. More of an hourglass figure.
    Tattoos: I have three stars behind my ear and a small tree of life on my wrist. I have the outline of a dark blue crescent moon on my shoulder blade; it’s the size of my thumb.
    Height: 5’4’’
    Weight: 117

Clothing: A red corset type dress, with a white shirt underneath: http://www.serpukhov.su/museum/yarosh_gypsy.jpg
    OR when I’m performing/Out and about: https://media.photobucket.com/image/gyps ... ypsy80.jpg
    Jewelry: Gold bangles, and gold hoops. ^And the jewelry in the above photo when I’m out in the streets and performing for money.

Personality
    Personality/About Me: I'm a huge tease; Secretive, misleading [I always beat around the truth and manipulate things to get what I want], playful and I don’t take kindly to others when I first meet them. I have a horse named Mikoda; he’s a black stallion with dark steel black eyes. I live among the gypsies and practice witchcraft, and I dance in the streets in search of extra change. I am a huge menace to society because I always seem to get in trouble with the guards at the palace for performing right outside of the palace. I also sell gold watches, earrings, and other valuables to help myself along in society. My mother passed on when I was three, hunted down by the guards who wished to kill off the outcasts of society – my people. I have a Gift from my mother allowing me to see earthbound spirits, I am extremely intellectual and wise when I need to be. I come from a family of thieves, and I am a huge one myself.

Equipment
    Powers [If applicable]: Regular witchcraft type things [Illusions/disappearing, palm readings, psychic, the basic witchcraft], extreme acrobatic skills, control of shadows.
    Weapon: I carry a dagger around, carved from an elephant tusk; my mother gave it to me. It has been passed on from generation to generation in my family.

History
    Other: I don’t wear shoes and I don’t have a caravan, I normally just stay in a commoner’s house whenever I can, or under the bridges in the village. I carry around a small red velvet sack with a gold drawstring, holding gold coins, a few fortune telling bones, and whatever else I may find interesting along the way.
    I found the Cirque and have worked for it for a few years, my main acts are dancing, tricks with shadows, bringing those from the audience up and reading their cards. I also work with the horses.
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:23 am

Character Bio

Basic
    Name: Kiaki
    Sex: Female

Features
    Skin color: Very pale
    Tattoo: Wolf paw prints from ankle to knew on the side of her right shin/calf
    Height: 5"6'
    Build: Small, long limbs
    Hair (color/style): Long (lower back), straight, layered, dark red/blonde
    Eyes: Bright green, dark green rings

Dressware
    Jewerly/peircings: Engagement ring on RIGHT ring finger, pierced right cartilage
    Coat/Jacket: Short, black coat
    Top: Red corset-shirt
    Bottom: Dark blue bootcut jeans
    Shoes: Black boots

About Character
    Relationship status: Single
    Sexuality: Straight
    Personality: Intelligent. Introverted. Very shy. She is strong in both mind and heart, but not in muscle. She longs for a friend, but as she is introverted, she doesn't want to surround herself by too many faces.
    Hobbies: Animal taming
    Background/secret: Kiaki doesn't remember most of her family. She isn't too sure what happened. Perhaps they were killed, or they simply abandoned her. She does, however, remember her older brother, Saxon, but they became separated when she was still a child. She was alone and wandering, hoping to find a place to stay, but she has grown with her independence the last few years. She found the cirque and snuck in during the night to sleep with the animals, making them her only friends. Although she is now accepted into the cirque as a trainer, she still feels as though she might not actually belong anywhere. Her scars, both mentally and physically have become a part of her, and although she is dark and alone from most human kind, she has managed to keep her soft side.
    Powers: The ability to communicate and understand animals. Although nothing is spoken, she has a strong connection with all fauna. They understand have have a deep respect for each other. She has trained many animals to respond to her voice and her commands.
    Prefered weapon: Bow and arrows, or a dagger, which she carries around with her constantly.
    MikeyMike
    MikeyMike

Post by MikeyMike Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:11 pm

I'll join if I can as crew,

About Character
    Name: Erik McStern
    Sex: Male
    Personality: Shy around new people, once warmed up to a person, I tend to be quite loud and energetic.
    Hobbies: Reading, writing, playing my guitar & writing letters to my sister
    Background/secret: My mother died when I was young causing my father to be depressed and become an alcoholic. He started beating my younger sister and me. I ran away from home after promising my sister that as soon as I could, I’d come back for her to save her from the mess we called ‘dad.’

Features
    Species: Human
    Ethnic: Caucasian
    Skin color: Tan
    Tattoo: -
    Height: 6 ft1
    Build: Athletic
    Weight: 163
    Hair (color/style): short, but long enough to reach my ears; black
    Eyes: green/hazel

Dressware
    Hat: Knit beanie
    Shades/glasses: -
    Jewerly/peircings: silver chain
    Coat/Jacket: leather coat
    Top: tee shirt
    Bottom: dark jeans
    Shoes: black adidas with 3 green stripes

Special
    Powers: Tele... the one that moves things with the mind
    Prefered weapon: -
    Medical disorder: Multiple personality disorder
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:42 pm

of course Smile
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:23 pm

Trying to take down the circus.

Basic
    Name: Saxon
    Sex: Male

Features
    Skin colour: Pale
    Tattoo: N/A
    Piercing: Right ear cartilage and left eyebrow piercing.
    Height: 6'3"
    Build: Tall and built (athletic body).
    Hair (colour/style): Short and messy with a light brown colour.
    Eyes: Bright green, dark green rings

Dressware
    Jewellery: Leather necklace strap with a jade stone attached to it.
    Coat/Jacket: Light black zip up.
    Top: Plain black tshirt
    Bottom: Light blue jeans
    Shoes: Brown Timberland boots

About Character
    Personality: Intelligent but is fast to get hot headed. Acts cool and collective most of the times but isn't one to hesitate to get angry.
    Hobbies: Boxing and weight training.
    Background/secret: During his childhood, Saxon was always there to protect his younger sister Kiaki from the aggression of their family. Saxon soon found themselves wandering the streets, lost and away from home. They were separated one night and Saxon spent years trying to find his sister. When he finally found her at the circus, he tried to get her to come back, but before he could even try and was ambushed and knocked of the head. When he came to, he was alone and angry. Most of his memory had left him. All he remembers his the lost of his sister and the circus (which he associates them taking Kiaki).
    Powers: Super strength (the not only physically, but mentally too (which makes his mind harder to read, to to force a will over his)) and the control of fire.
    Prefered weapon: His own abilities though he uses what ever is around him.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:31 pm

Thanks Danny Very Happy I will start, more people can join tho! we will start with the Cirque on the train and just arriving to their new destination in town.

bic -

I wake early, before dawn even cracks as the train whistles to a halt. Throwing on my work clothes, I walk outside and stare out to the open land, and start helping the horses off the train as the rest of the crew begins to put up the tents.

I walk into the cart where the horses were kept and see Maikoda, a beautiful white and black horse, our main horse, and smile, pressing my hand gently on her mane, "Morning beautiful." She neighs quietly and I bring her food and hum as I work.
    MikeyMike
    MikeyMike

Post by MikeyMike Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:45 pm

Sara,
    We've reached our third stop. I hear this is going to be one of the biggest we've had. It's a lot of work but it's worthwhile, knowing that I'm doing this for you. I hope everything at home is holding out. I'll be back for you soon.
    I love you,
    Erik

I carefully folded the small sheet of paper, setting it into a white envelope. I wrote my home address on it and walked outside. I saw the mail boy, "Jeffrey, send this out for me as soon as possible." I said to the boy the often ran into town for the crew to send out mail. As I walked away from Jeffrey, I began thinking about my home life. How bad it was and how terrible it must be for Sara. I walked over to the tents that we're laying on the ground, waiting to be put up, and began doing my job.
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:51 pm

"Stay down, little one." I whisper, lightly pushing Phantom back into my pocket. If I was caught... the animals all had their own compartment on the train, but I just couldn't leave my little girl back there with the rest. She pined so, and as long as no one knew she was in here, no harm would come to either of us. Her little black head slid back into the darkness of my pocket to join the rest of her little white body, her tail flicking out slightly. I would feel her tiny paws against my leg. Rats were a common phobia, but Phantom was beautiful in my eyes.

With my backpack clutched in my hand, I stepped off the train and moved over to let others pass. Locating the correct carriage where the animals were kept, I stepped towards it to make sure they were alright. Most of them, I knew, weren't into travelling. I could see Arabel guiding the equines, but being the introvert that I am, I decided not to engage in conversation. She was busy anyway. "Calm down, we're here." I said as I felt a rough, wet tongue line my fingers. The tiger cubs weren't used to being moved yet, but the experience was good for them. When in the cirque, our way of life was something you had to get used to, or leave.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:56 pm

I see Kiaki and smiles quietly, "Sleep well?" I tend to Maikoda, grooming her and patting her down, making sure she wasn't hurt or anything.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:49 pm

Saxon sat in his room and ran his hand through his hair anxiously. He was covered in a cold sweat and his breathing was heavier than normal. Scatter all across the floor were pictures. Pictures of places. Pictures of himself anywhere as a kid, to him as a teenager. But most pictures were of Kiaki. There were a lot of pictures of Kiaki and Saxon together as kids, but the more recents pictures were of her with the circus. He moved pictures around, more aggressive that he did only hours before. "Why can't I remember?!?" he screamed, throwing his hands on the concrete (cracking it in the process).

He screamed with his head limping downwards. "Give her back!" he whimpered, getting up from all fours. He staggered towards the door but had to use doorway to stand properly. He dug into his pockets and pulled out a map of the country. Over the map were red circles and lines. Saxon began to laugh before he stuffed the map into his pocket. They were in this city, and Saxon was tired of waiting.
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:13 pm

"Oh, yes thanks you." I blushed at being acknowledged and took the large back of feed off the hook on the door. Reaching my hand inside, I distributed the food into small troughs for the animals, each getting their own kind of meal. A trunk wrapped around my waist like a hug, and I turned around, a large walut in my hand. "Good girl" I smiled and whispered to Shelly. I filled her empty bucket of food and turned back from the large Indian elephant. "And yourself?" I replied to Arabel, moving over the loosen the chains around the cage door keeping the two lions contained.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:24 pm

"Just a bit restless... I can't help but feel something is going to go wrong.. There's a stir in the spirit world..." I say bringing Maikoda out, and putting his saddle on, "But... No worries I guess... I hear we're getting a new elephant named Adina."
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:33 pm

I looked around, but I wouldn't know of dangers beforehand. I had adapted to many new instincts during my time traveling with the Cirque, but I was no gypsy. "Oh yes, it will be so nice for Shell to have some company. New additions always need breaking in though." I winked at the two tiger cubs who were still fairly new. Kiba sat and grinned cheekily, his whiskers coated in food.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:38 pm

"Very true." I smile, and mount Maikoda, "I'm going to go check up on everything and finish up the rest of the horses in a moment once I get Maikoda in the tent." I nod to Kiaki and put the horse into a trot and we jump out of the cart and land on the grass, trotting through the workers. I see Erik and smile.

"Good morning, Erik." I say with a friendly wave.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:15 pm

Saxon stumbled out of the run down building he was currently living in and wiped his face. He looked around before walking towards and jumping over the fence that cover the building. "I'm coming. I'm coming to save you Kiaki," Saxon muttered as he walked down the empty streets. He wasn't exactly sure where they would be, but he figured that the best place to look would be the most public places.
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:38 pm

I nodded and slink inside the lion cage. "No biting my head today, okay?" I smile at Leon, the male of the two. His large, bushy mane shook as his head moved from side to side, and Yumi rolled her eyes. "Hey, you. I care about my head!" I grin at her as the lioness returned at attention to her food. I attached a rope to the neck of Leon and left the other end on the cage door. "I'd love to let you all rome free, but although I trust you fully, I may be the only one." I ran my hand down Leon's muzzle and left the stall.

Phantom's tail slunk out of my pocket and I pushed it back inside. I wondered if Saxon would take to my current style of living.
    Capri
    Capri
    The Zealous Irish-Italian

Post by Capri Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:44 pm

May I join?

~

Basic
    Name: Ignis
    Sex: Female

Features
    Skin color: Fair.
    Tattoo: Black-charred vines wrapping around her wrists and fingers.
    Height: 5"8'
    Build: Tall, slender, long-limbed.
    Hair (color/style): Ink black, to lower rib cage, pin straight.
    Eyes: Due to a birth defect, one of her eyes is a very light grey, rimmed in dark grey, and the other a light golden amber with subtle grey flicks.

Dressware (Normal. Her performance-wear is very different.)
    Jewerly/piercings: Both ears pierced three times. Left cartilage twice. Left eyebrow ring, tongue ring, belly button ring.
    Coat/Jacket: Dark grey leather jacket.
    Top: White tank.
    Bottom: Dark, ripped jeans.
    Shoes: Black combat boots.

About Character
    Personality: Very independent. Deep thinker. Keeps to herself, but isn't completely introverted. Comes off as a hard-ass because that's the way she wants it. And Ignus always gets her way.
    Background/secret: Ignus has been an orphan as long as anyone can remember. She's traveled in different caravans her whole life. Nothing surprises her anymore. But her motto: Who needs parents?
    Powers: The ability to control fire. She can create it using her mind, and it appears in the palms of her hands. But it can go pretty much anywhere on her body and it won't burn her.
    Prefered weapon: Obviously, herself. But she did learn how to shoot a gun at age 6.
    Capri
    Capri

Post by Capri Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:57 pm

In one, quick snap, a bright blue-ish flame danced on the tip of my index finger. I sighed as I watched it hover there, my legs crossed on the train seat. Outside my window in the crisp dawn, there was motion. People were up and moving. And like usual, I hadn't gotten any sleep. My insomnia was running rampant lately. But I had to help set up.

With a quick blink, my fire was out and I was pushing myself up and out of my cabin. I sauntered outside, knowing that I probably didn't have the most pleasant look on my face. But did I ever?
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:40 pm

ooc - sorry, I'm waiting on Mike. Is he coming back?
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:35 pm

ooc - i'm not sure, I'm waiting on him as well
    MikeyMike
    MikeyMike

Post by MikeyMike Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:16 pm

ooc; sorry!! I've been logged on, but not on... does that make sense?

bic; I began putting the tent together to get the day started but I couldn't focus. My mind kept wandering. All I though about was my sister and what terrible things were going on with her at home. I hated my father for being the way he was he was and I hated myself even more for leaving my sister the way I did. But it's not as though what I did was a selfish thing. I did it for her. I'm trying to get money to save her from that hell hole I used to call home. I sighed, snapped out of my daymare, and went back to doing work.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:54 am

Though his search lead him all over town, Saxon finally felt he hit something big with the train station. By this time, he had regained his composure again. The sweats were gone, he stood tall and almost unmovable, and his voice was no longer frantic and filled with panic. When he got to the train station, Saxon felt the fire within him grow. Today was going to be a big day, he knew it.

"Have you seen any animals or large groups of people?" Saxon asked one of the train guards abruptly. "Uh... This is a train station sir. There's always large groups of people."

Saxon growled. "Have you seen a circus go by?" he spat through this teeth, obviously annoyed with the guard. The guard stared at Saxon for a moment, giving him a questioning look before answering him. "I don't know if it was a circus, but the only group you may be referring to went north. There isn't much north past here, so... Hey! Where are you going?" Saxon left before the man finished talking; he didn't want to waste anytime. The circus took his sister. Saxon doesn't remember much, but that is something he's sure of.
    Capri
    Capri

Post by Capri Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:22 pm

Silently, as always, I began setting up the large tent. It was a big job, because it could fit thousands of people inside, and I obviously wasn't the only one doing it. Other crew members and performers were helping put it up also, and as I put together one pole, I watched them. A quiet observer, that's what I was.

The closest person to me, just in earshot, was the teenager with telekinesis. Mike, I think, was his name. He seemed to be thinking very hard on something. As I turned back to my work, I admired my black vine tattoos that weaved through my fingers. My sigh was audible.
    MikeyMike
    MikeyMike

Post by MikeyMike Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:38 pm

ooc: hey guys, i'm really sorry to say but i don't know if i'll be able to continue the rp.. Sad if it's absolutely necessary that i stay i will, but if not then i'm gonna have to drop this one

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:46 pm