Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

5 posters

Welcome to the Cirque

Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Read Me Welcome to the Cirque

Post by Mercy Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:02 pm

First topic message reminder :

Introduction:
    Look beyond the horizon, my friend, if you do not see the sun setting each evening, then you do not see the cirque. The eternal routine of day and night, light and dark, it stretches on, each moment elongated into a memory. Those memories, you keep, forever. If you do not see the tents, if you do not hear the music, if you do not smell astonishment, then you haven’t yet lived to the fullest. Come see the only cirque that will legitimately take your breath away. I’m sure you’ve been to many before, and I’m sure you’ve been astonished before, but this traveling circus is far more different than you can imagine. Can you feel the energy? Can you tell the difference in your mood and health for the next year? You live. You sincerely and truly, live....

Rules:
    I will need a moderately sized cast, and the following things I would like to see, but are not needed: Trapeze/tight-rope acts, acrobats, aerial dancers, animal(poodles, snakes, elephants, monkeys, horses) trainers/acts, clowns, magician/illusionist and an assistant, Extraordinary folk(Bearded lady, wolf-man, lady with no bones(flexible), gnome, strongest man/woman, people who do neat tricks like eating glass or something, etc.), Clear out crew, ride-mechanics, fortune-teller, chefs for snack carts, etc. And whatever else you'd think would add to the dynamics of this story.

The only problem is, there are those who don't exactly enjoy our shows, and they wish to take us down...

Now more about the circus members. There are some who can turn into a specific animal upon will, others have magical powers but are limited to only a select few, some can do supernatural things, and all of them are immortal(Due to the power of the Ringmistress.) None of the crew members have last names, they only have their first name(even that might not be authentic), and the title of their act.

I don't require for you to do the history part, just mention when the member was born and exactly when they joined this circus. Don't be over all open about your character, make them mysterious, interesting folks, after all, some of them have lived for a very long time

Characters we will need:

Ring Master:
    Crew: Kiaki [Jade], Erik [Mike], Arabel [Mercy], Ignis [Capri]
    Animal Keepers:
    Helpers of the Cirque [Help set up, and make sure everything goes according to plan]:

Those who want to take down the Cirque: Saxon [Danny]

Last edited by Mercy on Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:56 am; edited 4 times in total
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Read Me Re: Welcome to the Cirque

Post by Mercy Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:20 pm

ooc - no problem Mike Smile
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:27 am

It wasn't long before reached his destination. Of course he kept his distance, Saxon was no fool. With his hands stuffed into his pockets, Saxon laughed as he watched. The fire inside him continued to burn strong. It was something he had learned to deal with. When your dealing with something dangerous like fire, control is something you learn, and you learn to love the heat.

A brisk wind stormed past Saxon as he stood with a piece of paper almost slapping him in the face. He grabbed hold of it and read, before laughing again to himself. "The circus is tonight," he paused before looking in the distance again. From afar, he could see a circus tent being pulled up. He watched for a moment or two, before reading again. "They must work fast. But I've been slaving away for months, I think I deserve a night for some entertainment."

Saxon turned back to the city and started walking. The circus paper that was just previously held began to fly away, yet it didn't get far before it burst into flames and rode the wind as ash, no longer paper.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:45 pm

I ride my horse to one of the tents and dismounted, "Stay." I say, my bare feet sinking into the mossy, damp ground, my bangles on my ankles jingling as I step inside the tent seeing the Ring Master in his seat, going over papers.

"Sir..." I say quietly.

"Yes, Arabel?" he says without looking up.

"I fear there are others out there... Trying to take down our Cirque..."

he puts his papers down, "Of course, there will always be those who want to take it down. Just continue your work, do not worry."

I nod, "Of course, sir...See you soon."

I step out, "Oh, Arabel?"

I turn back around, "Yes?"

"Keep a close eye on Kiaki, today, hmm?" He said, a smile playing on his face.

"Of course sir."

I nod quietly, walking out, and grabbing Maikoda's reigns, and walking back through as the white tents were being raised.
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:55 pm

I exited the carriage and took a deep, steady breath of fresh air. Another day on the job. There were always those who disapproved of the Cirque, but this was my life now, and I love my position with the animals. True, the circus life wasn't paradise, and the pay and lifestyle in general were pretty scarce, but I have a gift with all fauna, and what better way to use it.

A short distance away I could see the large tent being hoisted into the air. It looked magnificent. Thousands could be contained inside, as well as a few select beasts. Grabbing a mallet and some rope, I returned to the train and clicked my tongue. "Hey Shell, want a job?" I asked the pachyderm. The elephant obediently took the mallet in her trunk and allowed me to drape the rope around her grand tusks. Although her lips could not grin, her eyes twinkled as though se was smiling. I, too, smiled, and lead her out of her pen and down the carriage ramp. Walking only a few yards, I joined those who were setting up the tent. They were almost finished with the outside. "Do you need any help?" I offer, Shelly right beside me, instruments in her grasp.
    Capri
    Capri
    The Zealous Irish-Italian

Post by Capri Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:58 pm

AS I began to attempt to untangle long bits of rope, I heard approaching footsteps behind me. Besides the ring master and occasional drunk man, no one ever talks to me. So I hid my puzzled look as I turned around. I met the face of a familiar girl and an elephant wielding a mallet and some rope. This girl, she was the animal tamer. Kiaki, I believe was her name. She had a pleasant look on her face as she asked me a question, and for once, strangely, I did not reply with any of my usual snarky, stubborn retorts.

"Uhhm..." I mumbled at first, still taken off guard by the elephant. I then took a look down at the severely jumbled rope in my hands, to the tent behind me, and back to the two, "Yes. Help would be very much appreciated."
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:09 pm

I smiled at the girl who responded, then nodded at Shelly to get to work. Although I wasn't new to the Cirque anymore, I still did not know every member. I suppose that comes from being as anti-social as I. The only person I really even got on with was Saxon, but having not heard from him after being separated, I don't even know if he's still alive.

Shaking my head and trying to push such negative thoughts to the back of my mind, I returned my attention to the tent situation at hand. "What needs to be done? Just say the word and I'll see how much I can help."
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:31 pm

Saxon spent most of his day in the city. He needed time to think and relax. But this was the night, Saxon was sure of it. Tired of waiting and tailing, Saxon wouldn't hesitate tonight, because this was the night when he would be reunited with his only family member; his sister.

As he walked aimlessly around the city a small memory popped into his head. It was of himself and Kiaki walking home from school. She was in the second grade and he was in the fifth grade. On their way home though, one of the fifth graders, Saxon's friend, started to pick on Kiaki, saying she was creepy and weird. Needless to say, Saxon jumped on the boy and started hitting him. In his whole life, Kiaki was the only person he wanted to protect.

Saxon sighed and began walking back towards the circus. By this time the sun had almost set, and there were already stars out. It wouldn't be long now.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:30 pm

I kept a tight watch on everything that was happening, and saw the long line of those who were waiting for tickets. I bring the main horse over and smile at everyone.

"Welcome to the most spectacular Cirque!" I say with a booming voice and cheers erupt from everywhere, "Step up to the booth and you can get tickets!"
    Capri
    Capri

Post by Capri Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:01 am

"Ah, well. The rest of these tarps need to be tied down with ropes." I stated, waving my hand behind me at the constructed figure of the tent as I stared at the elephant. Then I stuck my hand out in front of me, "The name is Ignus, by the way."
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:05 pm

"I'm right on it!" I say smiling, then hold out my hand as the elephant walks to the other side of the tent to help. "I'm Kiaki".
    Capri
    Capri

Post by Capri Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:44 pm

Ignus gave Kiaki a firm handshake, studying her green eyes before letting go to turn back to the tent.

"Looking forward to the show tonight?" she asked, a hint of sarcasm lingering in her tone.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:46 am

I begin to pass out the tickets and I heard the crowd give many oo's and aa's as they walked around the Cirque, they were not allowed to go in the main tent though, just walk around and visit the different performers and see the animals -- that's what attracted a lot of people -- next to the fortune tellers [Although many were skeptic of their true abilities].

The line was long today, and there was a good vibe in the atmosphere.

Tonight was going to be a great show.

I smile as a few kids come and see my horse. A little girl tugs at her mothers dress and points, "Horsey!" She smiles and runs over, her mother grabbing her hand a bit.

"No no dear lets not bother the young lady."

"Oh that's alright ma'am, she can pet the horse." I say with a smile and the girl eagerly comes up and places her hand out, Maikoda bows his head and places his nose under her hand and she lets out an excited giggle.

"Nice horsey!" Her eyes glimmer with excitement.

I watch her for a moment and the little girl whips around as she sees the white tigers and she drags her mom. I let out a chuckle and continue to pass out the tickets.
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:01 pm

I thought about her question for a moment before answering. I love working with animals, and will take any excuse to do so, but the show meant hundreds, and sometimes thousands of people staring, watching my every move, as well as the beasts. I dislike the attention, but the animals are worth it. This is my life now, and I have to get used to it, because I'm not going anywhere else. The people of the Cirque have been so kinda to me, I owe them my contribution.
    "It's work." I shrug.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:48 pm

ooc - Sorry for the delay guys. I'm drowning in school work right now.

bic - Internally, Saxon was ecstatic about tonight. As he walked out of the town by himself, Saxon was soon surrounded by hundreds of people as they made their way into the circus. Though outside of the town, the circus was brightly lit and it buzzed with energy. The amount of people made Saxon gleam. The sheer amount of people would be a perfect cover should he need a getaway, though Saxon doubted he needed one.

In the distance, Saxon noticed a girl surrounded by people as she handed out left over tickets, or tickets that last minute guest wished to have. Saxon stuffed his hand into his pockets just to make sure his ticket was still there; it was. The hundreds of people wondered around the circus, looking at the animals and circus members. Saxon was no exception.
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:13 pm

I clicked my tongue at the elephant as soon as I was finished and she followed me back to the animal carriage. "Thank you." I said, stroking her trunk. She trumped up the ramp and back into her designated stall, and I closed the door. "Are you ready for tonight?" I asked the room at large. Others may think of me as crazy for talking to the animals, but I know they could understand me, and I the. I didn't have much of a gift, but it was special to me. "It's almost show time. To be honest, I'm a little nervous. I may have done this before, but it's not easy." I felt a soft nudge on my arm and I turned around to see one of the zebras nuzzling my arm affectionately. I smiled at him and stroked his mane.

If only my family could see me and be proud, but father would never have approved. Saxon might be the only family I have now, and wherever in the world he is, I hope he's happy. If there was only some way to contact him and let him know that I'm still alive... Although looking around at this place, he might not approve either. I hope that if he ever does find out, that he's proud. I don't know what I'd do if I found out that he was one of those who were against the Cirque and trying to take it down. It may not be luxury, but it's my home now, and these fauna are my family and friends.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:32 pm

"Ten minutes till show time!" I call out as I ride through the camp, and the buzz heightened as everyone got excited.

"TEN MINUTES TILL SHOW TIME!" I repeat, bringing my horse around the camp, smiling from the energy, it made me feel alive. So very alive. I giggled with excitement and took in a deep breath of excitement, and walked through the tents, making sure everyone was getting ready.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:59 pm

As Saxon walked around the circus, he couldn't help but feel anger towards it. In his mind, the circus had taken his only family away from him and in his mind, he only saw it right to take her back. To be with family. Despite the large area of the circus, it wasn't to hard to find Kiaki; all he had to do was follow the animals. Of course, Saxon wasn't a fool, so he surveyed his area, but his target was Kiaki, so he lingered around her the longest.

Staying hidden within the crowds, Saxon remained, watching Kiaki. She seemed happy, though Saxon knew this was only because she had no where else to go. Occasionally he would go closer towards her, only to shrink away and watch from afar again. After a while, Saxon gained the courage to speak and he placed his hand on Kiaki's shoulder, her back facing him. He was about to speak when he heard a voice call out.

"TEN MINUTES TILL SHOW TIME!"

He hesitated for a short moment, no longer than a second, but he turned away, blending with the crowd and hiding from Kiaki. Whether she turned around or not was beyond him, but he knew that she had not seen his face, not entirely anyway.
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:11 pm

I jumped and spun around. I could hear Arabel's voice ring in the air, and Tomlin, the timber wolf, barked and sneered as I felt a force touch and release my shoulder. A hand? Once turned, I stared out and my attention was caught on a man slipping through the crowds. Why he caught my attention, I wasn't quite sure. His back looked so familiar. Perhaps it was he who had touched my shoulder.

Taking the zebra by the reins, I pulled him away from the carriage. Although the man was no longer in my sight, I called out for him, but was pushed aside by the crowds. Not seeing his face, I doubted I could locate him again, and I was needed in the tent anyway. If he really wanted to talk to me, he would come and find me later. "Come on." I spoke to the zebra. "Show time!"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:50 am