Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

4 posters

Arcana and Noctrem Academy... World's Collide

Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Arcana and Noctrem Academy... World's Collide Empty Arcana and Noctrem Academy... World's Collide

Post by Mercy Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:24 pm

Arcana & Noctrem Academy

Arcana Academy and Noctrem Academy are polar opposites – Arcana encourages and inspires students to be the very best that they can be, and to use their supernatural abilities to help those in need, to save those who need saving, and to just be amazing citizens. Noctrem on the other hand drives their students to be the worst they can be – terrorizing the citizens, scaring those around them, and causing trouble wherever possible. The two Academies have always been rivals, and only interact with each other during sporting events, or the annual tournament, to determine which school is the best. Every year, the winner from each school changes, so no real answer has been determined since the tournaments began three hundred years ago.

Last month, Noctrem was set alight by someone in a black, hooded jacket, hiding their face. No-one was able to determine who this criminal was, but the fire burnt down the entire school, and resulted in three deaths – one teacher and two students. With the students who decided to carry on with their studies after the destruction of their school, it has been decided that they will go to Arcana, and study with those “goodie-two-shoes” they hate so much. They will bunk there, eat there, and study there – but how will those from Arcana accept these enemies?

Characters

Arcana's Students:

Spoiler:

Clairsentience|The ability to learn the history of someone or something by touch|Face Claim: Heather Morris

~*~*~*~*~*~

Spoiler:

Precognition|The ability to know future events via a supernatural sense|Face Claim: AnnaSophia Robb

~*~*~*~*~*~

Spoiler:

Flight|The ability to move through the air without wings|Face Claim: Troian Bellasario

~*~*~*~*~*~

Spoiler:

Ice Manipulation|The ability to change water into ice and control it|Face Claim: Liam Hemsworth[RESERVED: DANNY]

~*~*~*~*~*~

Spoiler:

Force-Field|The ability to produce an invisible impenetrable shield|Face Claim: Ian Harding

~*~*~*~*~*~

Spoiler:

Earth Manipulation|The ability to reshape, move and manipulate the minerals that come from the earth|Face Claim: Tristan Wilds|

~*~*~*~*~*~

Noctrem Academy

Spoiler:

Appearance Alteration|The ability to change one's appearance to resemble another human|Face Claim: Elizabeth Gillies [RESERVED FOR ALEXIS]

~*~*~*~*~*~

Spoiler:

Shape-Shifting|The ability to change form into that of a variety of animals|Face Claim: Barbara Palvin [RESERVED: MERCY]

~*~*~*~*~*~

Spoiler:

Astral Projection|The ability to produce a ghost-like clone of ones self|Face Claim: Mila Kunis

~*~*~*~*~*~

Spoiler:

Puppet Master|The ability to control a person's movements fully|Face Claim: Kellan Lutz[TAKEN: Dream Rationally]

~*~*~*~*~*~

Spoiler:

Electric Manipulation|The ability to enhance, subdue or change the direction of electricity|Face Claim: Stephen R. McQueen

~*~*~*~*~*~

Spoiler:

Technopathy|The ability to mentally control technology|Face Claim: Munro Chambers

~*~*~*~*~*~

Headmaster of Arcana[/center]

Spoiler:

Immortality|The ability to live forever|Head Master & Battle Teacher|Face Claim: Jensen Ackles

~*~*~*~*~*~

Character Sheet

Full Name: Your characters full name, with middle please.
    Nicknames: If any.
    Birthdate:
    Home Town: Where your character was born and raised, and country please. (This is set in California)
    Sexuality:

School: Arcana or Noctrem? With colour please? If you're a teacher, add you class and extra job here as well.
    Power: Expand on your power - how far can you take it? What are you limitations?
    Dislikes: Five minimum please
    Fears: Everyone is frightened of something.

Personality: A paragraph or so on your characters personality please - bad points as well as good.
    History: I don't want too much detail, but we need information on your childhood, how you first found out about your power, how you decided whether to be good or bad, and then how you came to the school. So, three good sized paragraphs, I think?
    Anything else? Just anything else that doesn't fit into the categories.

Rules

1. Acknowledge all RPG rules, please.
    2. You may need to do some research on your character's power, or class if they're a teacher.
    3. I may ask you to play another character if the ratio's start to out-weigh each other, so be warned. Only join if you'd be willing to do this, please.
    4. To make sure you've read these, please say "Hi Mercy!" when you ask to reserve a character. If you don't, I'll assume you haven't read the rules. Also, post on the OOC if you want to reserve, not via PM, please. It confuses everyone.
    5. If you're not going to be online to post, please say. I'd be really irritated if you didn't.
    6. You can change your face claim/power if there's a severe issue, but PM me about it first.
    7. When we have the characters, I shall be creating a relationship thread to help us get an insight into how our characters feel about each other.
    8. I am asking for literate roleplayers, meaning that to join, I'd like you to be able to post at least 500 words for a post, on average. If not, I don't think you'd work well here, so sorry.
    9. There will be swearing, probable violence and everything else in this, so be warned.
    10. Actually enjoy it please. And don't let it die? A lot of work has gone into this Smile

Last edited by Mercy on Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:03 pm; edited 9 times in total (Reason for editing : New Face Claim added)
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Arcana and Noctrem Academy... World's Collide Empty Re: Arcana and Noctrem Academy... World's Collide

Post by Danny Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:15 pm

Hi Mercy! I'm interested in joining. I have two character in mind to pick, but before I decide, I have a question about the Puppet Master's abilities. To fully control one's movements, isn't that a bit op? What are his limitations, etc? Thanks ^.^
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Arcana and Noctrem Academy... World's Collide Empty Re: Arcana and Noctrem Academy... World's Collide

Post by Dream Rationally Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:24 pm

Hi Mercy!
    Damn you Danny, I was going to pick the Puppet Master! xD
    I'm pretty sure that he can only take full control over NPC's and whatnot. Though I'm curious to find out what she had in mind as well.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:07 am

Danster: Okies, so, limitations are your character. Maybe they can only control smaller things at first, or POSSIBLY it has to do with the mind set of the person, as in personality. No one in this RP is invincible, so please be considerate. I trust you will be though, Danny Smile I don't want to exactly put full ideas into your head about YOUR character. I just gave the skeleton, it's your turn to put on the meat and muscle
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:13 am

Spoiler:

Full Name:Addison Renee Lawler
    Nicknames: Addi, "D",
    Birthdate:October 23rd, 1993
    ~Astrology Sign: Scorpio: Scorpio's are proud, loyal, dynamic, observant. But also unyielding, jealous, and can be manipulative.
    Home Town: LA
    Sexuality: Bisexual [Very much out of the closet]

School:Noctrem
    Why Noctrem? Everything was so much more alluring. I loved the feeling of invincibility the powers brought me. I craved the attention, the power, I wanted people to see me as mystical, yet devious. I wanted… no… needed to prove to people that I’m not just some pretty face.

Power: Shape-Shifting: The ability to change form into that of a variety of animals. My most common form is a fox, this is how I used to scare the shit out of my Nanny's. Or a snake, what I would do is run downstairs with an open cage and scream that my snake had gone missing, go into the yard, shift and come back inside, scaring the Nanny.

Shifting isn't easy though, it takes a lot of energy out of me, and it is quite painful. Yet the more I practice, the less painful it becomes. It's almost as if the animal[s] are INSIDE me, just scratching to come out. Sometimes I feel I’m more animal than human.

Personality:

I guess growing up with high end parents, I’m pretty high fashion. I wear a lot of skinny jeans, loose fitted tops, short skirts/shorts, and tank tops. I got my belly button pierced when I was 15, and I have my cartilage, and regular ears. I stand about 5’6” and I have a slender figure with seemingly perfect curves. I wear a necklace with a golden ring on the end of it. It was my father’s wedding ring, which he had left on my mother’s pillow when he walked out. Mom considered pawning it, but I grabbed it from her jewelry box and kept it on a chain, and I wear it every day.

I love to be doing things outside. I grew up with my mother, a Celebrity stylist, in the heart of LA, and I did a lot of modeling. Eventually, I picked up guitar when I was nine, and started voice lessons around the same time, mostly focusing on jazz vocal. I also love to explore, and travel, and not to brag, but I have already been to London, Spain, the Bahamas and many other places. Some would call me a spoiled brat, but why the hell do I care what they think?

I am extremely smart, top in my class, and I know how to play my cards, and I have been told I’m extremely flirtatious, even if it’s with teachers. My teachers at my old school called me a rule breaker, I call it being an individual. Yet they couldn't say anything because I always show up to class, work done, even if I do show up half an hour late. Some psychologist once told me that I am extremely flirty and a rule breaker because I have abandonment issues… Crazy shit…. Right…?

I love playing guitar by myself and writing songs. I normally hang out with Koa a lot, the only thing that has been truly constant in my life. I guess I find comfort in Koa, and how he doesn't judge, he just loves me for who I am. Not because I’m some model, or I have a lot of money, or that I am connected to so many famous people. I guess you could say I’m more than passive aggressive when I get upset; I normally don't like to, but if I need to I could take someone down. I mean, it's not really a man's world anymore, women are fighting for themselves now. I also find enjoyment in long boarding and long walks.

Likes:Parties, yet the only way I can get through parties is lots of smoking, drugs and drinking. I also love singing, playing my guitar, my Siberian cat named Koa which means ‘little fighter’, pushing people’s buttons. My guitar, which I received for my tenth birthday, a beautiful cherry red fender acoustic with gold strings, which I named Zoi.
    Dislikes: People in my way, those who are rude, the thought of people leaving, being told no, when people question my actions.
    Fears: Being abandoned, falling in love.

History:

I was born to a beautiful young couple, my mother -- Tracy Lawler -- being 23, my father -- Darren Lawler -- being 25. My father was a big hot shot record producer, taking over the family recording studio after he studied at college, and my mother was a hair stylist at the time, and worked her way up the chain once she married Darren. We lived a happy life together as a family, and I did some traveling as a young child, and got to meet a lot of my parent's clients. I was the golden child, a pageant girl, and a baby model, my parent's pride and joy. On my fifth birthday I had pleaded my Dad for a kitty and I received a little male, grey Siberian cat that I named Koa.

But, behind the curtains is where everything goes wrong. Once both my parent's careers took off, they began becoming too busy to take care of me, and to keep the family connected. When I was six, my dad began having an affair with one of his client's, and I would listen to the midnight fights when he would come home at late hours, Mother screaming at him about how he smelled of another girl's perfume. Two months of fighting, and then I watched from my windowsill, my father drive off in the dead of night after a violent fight. I think I even heard a few vases crash onto the floor, but I was too afraid to go downstairs. That morning, I found my mother sitting at the kitchen table, a grim look on her face as she gripped the coffee mug with white knuckles, her face tear streaked.

Around this time, my rage and emotions boiled up something very powerful inside of me: My abilities started showing up in small ways. At first, it was an inhumane growl when I became infuriated. Then sometimes my nails would become thick, like that of Koa’s. I started to notice my bones feel lighter, more...bendable? And I would sit in my room, and sometimes ears would grow out of my head. or I would grow a tail -- since I was around Koa all the time, that was one of my very first things I had shifted into. One night, I felt a strange tingling sensation throughout my body, and then let out a scream of pain, and blacked out.

Apparently, my mother found me in cat form, lying on the floor, Koa standing protectively over my newly formed body. The next morning, I had returned to normal, yet it came with a side affect of a pounding headache and a terrible aching sensation all over. My mother explained that it was rooted in our ancestors, considering my mother’s side of the family was part Cherokee. My mother said it was a gift to be cherished, not abused, but since the gift came so young, I would end up practicing on the Nanny's Mother would hire, scaring them away for good.

When I was supposed to start high school, I got a letter from Noctrem Academy. I finds comfort in my animal forms, and I am learning to control the shifting as time goes on.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:06 am

Okay, I'll choose Ice manipulation then. Dream, you can have the Puppet Master Position if you'd like. I'll post my bio later today, after work.
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:11 am

I appreciate that Danny, thank you.
    Hopefully the details of the power and the limitations will be within reason. If not you'll let me know, right Mercy?
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:22 am

Of course I will Dream Smile
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:51 am

Spoiler:

Full Name: Maxwell Dominic Krivoukhov
    Nicknames: Most people just call him Max.
    Birthdate: 13th of December 1992.
    Home Town: Maxwell was born in Saint-Petersburg, Russia. However he was mainly raised in a small town in Washington State so his accent is only slight at the most.
    Sexuality: Bisexual, openly.

School: Noctrem
    Why? Because there was so much more for him to gain personally from learning how to master his ability to do evil in the world. It felt like home the moment he set foot on campus all those years ago.

Power:
    Maxwell has the ability to take complete or only semi-control over whoever he wishes through the control of both their mind and body. He can make them dance, fight, kill, or do whatever else he could possibly want them to do once he has them under his control. This includes the powers that they have control over.

There are many limitations on his power however. The number of people he can have under his control depends on how powerful they are and how strong their ability is. The puppeteering itself drains his energy significantly but to use the power of the person adds even further onto that. Despite the fact that he has a large amount of energy to begin with, his limitations are very prominent. Simply put; he can control multiple weak people but only one strong person and even then his control may only last a certain amount of time with the full use of their power. (Naturally his use of this power is limited by his knowledge of the power)
    A physical limitation is the fact that he needs to use his hands to control his victims, leaving him relatively unprotected however it is very easy for him to break the connection.

Personality:
    Having been brought up in a new country throughout his childhood, he spent a lot of that time alone. He was bullied a lot for being 'the odd one out' among the American children and as such he learned how to survive on his own without any friends. Even throughout middle and high school he was more often alone than with other students aside from the few he managed to befriend in high school. Having a lot of time on his hands he spent the majority of his time either studying or out practicing his power. Aided by a high metabolism he quickly built up a strong body that many would say had the girls in his school drooling. He was handsome but his quiet and somewhat dark personality warded off many who tried to approach him.
    He dresses mainly in black and white. His most common outfit consists of a pair of tight black jeans, a form-fitting white v-neck shirt, and a leather jacket of some sort. Around his neck he has a black onyx fang necklace and he wears two rings; one on his left index finger and another on his right middle finger.

There are two notable sides to Maxwell that depend on who he is around. Generally he is known for being quiet, studious, and an excellent pupil in most of his classes. He is the type of student that will not only read ahead in the text books but he will also branch out his reading to discover more than what the class teaches.
    Around those from Noctrem he is relatively kind, accepting, and willing to interact with his fellow students. He knows that they understand him and he does his best to understand them too. However there are a number of students who find that he is far too..strange for their liking. They don't like the idea that at any moment he could potentially have them under his full control.
    As for those from Arcana, he finds very little emotion for them. In his eyes they are the ones who would set themselves above him and try to stop him from having his fun. Though he knows he is not above trying to make acquaintances with one or two of them, he is not particularly fond of the idea either. As far as he is concerned this joining is only temporary and after that the two schools will be enemies again.

At the very beginning when he could only control one part of a person's body Max began to practice his power on a small doll he had been given as a child. It was a simple little thing that was little more than scraps of fabric sewn together to make a human-like body only about 7 inches in height. The more he practiced the more of the little puppet he could control. It was his first success that taught him the technique he would later improve so he could control the full body of another human.
    Over the years though he continued to practice on the doll until suddenly he found that the doll was moving on its own without him purposefully telling it to. He had practiced on it so much that the small figure didn't even dwindle his energy reserves in order to keep moving. Soon it gained its own personality and the ability to talk. He named the small doll Sophie, as the voice he heard was a girl's, and she has been with him ever since. As creepy as it may seem, Sophie is the only friend that Maxwell has truly ever had. She taught him how to be at least somewhat friendly and outgoing through their many conversations.

Likes: Reading, practicing his puppeteering, playing the piano when he is alone, his fellow Noctrem students, having pointless conversations with Sophie on his shoulder, messing around playfully with his power.
    Dislikes: Most large social gatherings, people who underestimate him, the color pink, hypocrites, his family.
    Fears: His biggest fear is becoming a puppet himself.

History:
    Max was born in Saint-Petersburg and for the first four years of his life he attended normal schooling and was just like every other small boy out there. However one day he was cornered in the playground by a bunch of bullies who refused to leave him alone. Something inside him snapped and he wished that he could just make them go away. Suddenly he found that when he moved his fingers, a part of their bodies would respond to the movement. At first he didn't think anything of it but over the years, including the move from Russia to the United States a year later, he began to teach himself how to control more and more of another person's body. Soon enough he could control a whole person and from there he learned how to control more than one at once. It was a slow process but one that he improved with time and he is still trying to master.

His parents never found out about his ability because they never realized that he would go between controlling them and leaving them alone. Despite being loving parents who were proud of his scholastic abiliites Maxwell hated that they did not understand his power. Of course he never told them about it but that was mainly because he knew that they would think that he was crazy and that was given that they believed him at all. They were very narrow-minded and only believed in things they deemed to be fact. Perhaps that branched from his mother being a professor and his father being a surgeon. Their child having powers? They would have laughed it off and told him to stop taking whatever kind of drug it was he was taking.
    This caused him to despise them. There was never any true love in his heart for his parents which is what made leaving for Noctrem so easy.

The decision to be bad was one that was decided for him the moment he began to use his power to get what he wanted from people. It started with making bullies turn and walk away, causing them to run away in fear, and moved on to more serious things such as making other students give him their money or things of that kind. Before things could excel any further he got the letter.
    It came one evening on the night of his last day in high school. It was a letter from Noctrem inviting him to attend classes there rather than go to a college that would put his ability to waste. At first he thought it was some kind of joke but eventually he decided he was going to attend this school no matter where it was. He left his home without looking back and has never regretted that decision throughout the years he spent at Noctrem.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:42 pm

Danny

Full Name: Daniel Kai McKarthy
    Nicknames: Danny, McKarthy, DK, etc.
    Birthdate: March 1st, 1994
    Home Town: Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
    Sexuality: Closeted homosexual.

Appearance:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

School: Arcana
    Danny chose to go to Arcana because he believed that he should use his abilities to help others, not harm them. Though he originally went for a more selfish reason (not wanting to use his powers at all), he uses the facade: "for the betterment of humanity" to cover himself. While he does truly believe in helping others, it isn't always on his mind.

Power:
    Danny has the ability to control water (in any state be that liquid, solid, or gas) through his motions. Through the movements of his body (which are based of the movements and principals of Tai Chi) he can control the flow and movements of water. If there is water around, Danny can use it. This ability is limited to just that however. If there is no water around for Danny to use, he becomes almost powerless (though water can be found in many places). His powers are also limited to that of his body. If he becomes unable to move, he is unable to bend the water. On nights of lunar eclipses, Danny is unable to bend at all (regardless if water is there or not), and nights of the full moon is when Danny is at his most powerful.

Likes: Danny enjoys the company of others, learning the most he can, hard work and dedication, artwork, and the importance of family.
    Dislikes: Laziness, ignorance, cockiness, senseless violence and bullies.
    Fears: Losing his family and the ones he cares about (specifically his mother).

Personality: Danny is an overall caring guy. A lot of people say he wears his heart of his shoulder, but he is proud of it. If he believes something is wrong or someone has been cheated, he won't be afraid to voice his opinions. He tries to make everyone happy and laugh, almost like an emotional punching bag. There is always a smile of his face. He likes to see the brighter side of things and will continually ask questions and research something he doesn't understand. He can be a very proud person and doesn't take insults to his family lightly.He will fight for anything he believes in. )You'll have to figure out how he thinks and truly acts in the role play.)

History: Danny grew up in a very poor family. He rarely wasted anything and didn't get to experience many of the things kids got to experience. Despite this though, Danny didn't like to get upset at this parents for his lack of a childhood. He didn't understand. He only wore hand-me-downs for the first 14 years of his life. Yet both his parents worked tirelessly for their family. They always seemed to be working and didn't get to spend as much time with Danny as they would of liked. School as a child wasn't easy. Danny would constantly get bullied for his parents lack of money. Being the quiet child he was, he didn't have many friends making school so much harder. He had learned to just go to school to get an education, which is what he did.

He first discovered his powers when he was ten years old. It had been raining outside and Danny was walking home from school by himself. A couple of Danny's bullies had followed him home that day. He was a block away from his house when they chased after them. Danny almost got away when he tripped and fell. Desperate, he threw his hands up to protect himself and the rain turned to ice and were directed to the boys. It didn't do much, and Danny still got beat up, but it was how he first discovered his abilities. He never told his parents because he was too scarred.

When Danny got a letter from Arcana and Noctrem, he was confused. It was a school he had never heard of, yet they seemed to know a lot about him. He was discussing it with his parents for weeks. Both schools seemed amazing to the clueless family. It was one night that Danny and his mother were discussing Arcana when the police showed up at their home. Danny's father had been shot in a connivence store robbery as an innocent by-standard. It was only a couple of days later that Danny decided on Arcana on scholarship.
    Alexis
    Alexis

Post by Alexis Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:09 pm

Hi Mercy!
    I'd love to join, and claim the Appearance Alteration character if it's alright with you. My CS will probably be up later today tomorrow at the absolute latest.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:05 pm

Okay Smile
    Alexis
    Alexis

Post by Alexis Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:26 pm

Spoiler:

Full Name: Maura Clementine Hemme
    Nicknames: None.
    Birthdate: January 11th 1994
    Home Town: Bytom Odrzanski, Poland. She only lived there for six months.
    Sexuality: Bisexual, not closeted, just not a very well-known fact.

School: Noctrem. It was the clear choice, given her own personality and her family’s reputation, which was something she not only wanted to follow with but expand upon.

Power: Maura’s power can be tricky at times. It is astoundingly painful, as most would assume from remolding your entire body. She had to know what she wants to look like, exactly, otherwise there is risk for her to become a feature-less, gender-less mutant during her ‘altered’ time. Not that she would ever admit it, but there is a small part of her which fears her own power, the longer she is ‘altered’ the more difficult she finds it to change back. There are occasional times when she is completely unable to un-alter herself despite trying for a reasonable amount of time.

Likes: Cigarettes, grunge music, sex, iris flowers, and her pet ferret named pig.
    Dislikes: Being ignored, indecisiveness, meat, condescension (from others), and immaturity.
    Fears: Her power, humiliation, being manipulated.

Personality: Manipulation, perfectionism, callousness and pride are all traits she was not only born with but engrained to her even as a child. With this Maura comes off as cold and rather heartless, which wouldn’t be much past the truth. Lying is one of her many talents of which include most classes logic based; math’s and physical sciences. As much as she excels in these courses, the others she doesn’t care about and dismisses them with barely passing grades. She holds all characteristics commonly found in sociopaths, impulsive action, and a very aggressive form of sarcasm. The one thing that keeps her from being considered a full sociopath is that, despite denial, she does care very much about how people perceive her. Names, reputation and bloodline are everything in her world; one of connections and money.

History:
    Maura was born to parents on the run, and has lived so her entire life. The Hemme family is a crime family in almost all ways, fraud, mafia, and drug trafficking. Their business has veins running most everywhere in the United States, concentrated east coast New York City. This never did much to keep their name clean. Formal charges have never stuck to the family, so Maura did have the privilege to live a few years of her life in America and obtain citizenship. Most of her life however, was spent abroad, rarely ever going to an actual school, but having tutors. The only things she ever excelled in was math, as well as languages which was a class she only tolerated out of necessity rather than enjoyment. Even so, she became fluent in four languages other than English; French, Spanish, Russian and German.

A long line of nannys who raised her left out much room for affection or any real nurturing from her parents. This didn’t affect Maura much, and she never thought she was missing something. But it did cause the relationship between her and her parents one more focused on respect and duty then love or affection.

When she turned six, her younger brother, Adam was born. A son was wanted to carry on the family name, but Maura was always the favorite child. While her brother surpassed her smarts, he lacked charisma and was no match for his sister’s cunning tricks which often got him into trouble. Adam was the first ‘alteration’ Maura changed to. She had been thirteen and her brother was seven, they were at the park with their nanny at the time and, despite being the favored by her parents Maura was being ignored in comparison to her brother who was throwing tantrums for attention. He being the smaller one, was being cared for not only by the nanny, but by passersby who wanted to help. She quickly grew envious and started throwing a tantrum herself to no avail, but as she continued to kick and cry she shrunk down so her clothes hung off her loosely. It was all very confusing and the nanny promptly quit that afternoon out of fear.

At the time, Maura was still young but old enough to know it wasn’t normal, her parents were told and they didn’t seem worried at all. They were fascinated by the idea and helped her develop her ability the best they could. Her power is something which would no doubt help her future endeavors in the family business was how they saw it. It didn’t take any time to choose Noctrem, a school for independence and power. Even if her parents had no influence, she would have made the same decision herself.
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:51 pm

Welcome Alexis, thanks for joining us. ^_^
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:26 pm

I'm ready to start when you guys are.
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:34 pm

Danny have you looked into the 'Relationships' thread yet?
    I think we all have to fill that out before we can start though that is all dependent on Mercy.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:32 pm

I just posted the template. I don't have anything to say, I just want to get this on the road.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:49 am

Mercy?
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:09 pm

I know you guys are willing, but I would really love if more people joined. And if you guys would kindly fill out your relationship threads. I don't ask for much... I put a lot of effort into this and would really appreciate if you guys did the things I asked
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:58 am

Addison Lawler

The taste of alcohol from the night before lingered on Addison's lips as she stretched a bit, seeing that no one else was awake on the bus. It was Addison's idea to drink her weight in alcohol the night before, maybe her hangover would take away the bittersweet taste of having to leave her second home. She had woken up in that shitty three star motel and showered, got dressed, did her hair, make up and everything else along with it. Leaving Noctrem was like leaving home, it gave Addison this empty feeling inside. Although she loved new adventures, she also loved having a stable thing in her life. Noctrem had become one of those to her, and ever since the fire her safety zone was gone. Of course, the fire had hit everyone hard, just in different aspects, The headmaster was the most devastated, because that was his pride and joy. Thoughts buzzed through her head, as she mindlessly went through some old magazines she'd found in the motel lobby that morning.

Oprah's shining face was on the cover of one of them...Addison glared a bit, shaking her head, opening up to the article about Oprah's new escapade of Godliness. Oprah was helping a young couple who came from nothing, had a kid and needed money big time. She was showing them their new car, a totally new wardrobe, and a brand new house. She probably bought them the finest yacht along with all that and gave them 1,000 dollars to spare.

Addi's theories? Oprah is probably a God sent down to earth... think about it, the lady’s got everything. She’s got enough money to go build hover crafts, pay the world’s greatest scientist to make a replica of her so she could live on forever, all while we are under her rule. Not only did she have the money goin’ for her, but she had this God-given gift to take the most depressed man who has had all his dreams shattered and probably cure him with her phlegm. She was Oprah. She was perfect in the people’s eye because she came from nothing and worked her way up to the top and still admitted she had some problems.

Of course, Addi was sure Oprah wouldn't approve of using alcohol, drugs, or other harmful substances in order to cope with living circumstances. She would most likely suggest something like grabbing a pint of ice cream, and powering through it with your gal-pals...

“Kudos, Oprah.” She mumbled, throwing down the magazines on the empty seat next to her.

The girl's train of thought was suddenly lost when she felt the bus slowing down. Her eyes flickered up as she heard the bus come to a screeching halt in front of the glorified Arcana Academy. Arcana seemed nice from the pictures, and it was a bit better in person than she'd expected. Lots of forestry around the place, good places to hide and such.

With a stretch and a sigh, she stood up,strolling off the bus, her luggage dragging behind her. She stopped outside, leaning against the wall and fumbled through her purse. She takes out a pack of cigarettes and puts it in her mouth.

"Where did that fucking lighter go?" She mutters, fishing through her purse and her fingers grasp around her white lighter. Cupping one hand over the cigarette, she flicks the lighter, lighting it and taking a long drag. It's not that Addison was really craving one, it was just stress smoking. What she was dreading the most wasn't the people or anything... But the roommate schedule. Roommates are everything at boarding schools. They're who you're living with for the rest of the year. Inhaling a long drag she slowly exhales, blowing a few smoke rings here and there, watching the headmaster of Noctrem stumble off the bus, and he took a drink of his "morning coffee". Which normally consisted of a whole lot of alcohol and a drop of coffee.

Addison wasn't one for rushing, she knew she would get things done on her own time.

She watched the end of her cigarette burn, blandly staring ahead.

"Hell doesn't even cover what we're bringing to this school." She says flatly, a devious smirk flickers onto her face as she flicks the ashes from her cigarette.
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:54 pm

Maxwell Krivoukhov

"Psst...Psst, hey, Maxwell." A soft voice in Maxwell's ear slowly brought him out of the light dreamless doze he had been in. Since childhood he had never enjoyed spending extended periods of time in a bus or car or any mode of transport for that matter. Instead he had gotten used to forcing himself to go to sleep for the duration of a trip, whether it was two hours or twenty. This trip was no exception to that habit. The moment he sat down he had closed his eyes to at least attempt to get some shuteye.
    He opened his eyes now though and turned his head slightly so he could look up towards the source of the voice, finding that he was looking right up into the small eyes of his little friend Sophie. Somewhere during the ride the small puppet had climbed up onto the head of his seat so she could see out of the window and all around them at the other Noctrem students.

"What? Are we there already?" He asked in a drowsy voice while rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. Of course his use of the word 'already' was a little bit unjustified seeing as he had been asleep the whole ride. Still, the small puppet nodded her head with a smile.
    "It looks like it!" She exclaimed excitedly while turning her gaze back towards the building the bus had come to stop in front of. Arcana looked just the way it did in all of the pictures. All of the elegant architecture sure did fit the students..just a bunch of goody-goody two shoes.
    "Alright, alright, don't tear your stitching. I didn't bring my sewing stuff with me." Maxwell said in a half-joking voice while Sophie shot him a pouting glare. As much of a joke as that was meant to be, such a thing had actually happened before which was why she was so touchy about it.

With a yawn the Puppeteer pulled himself out of his seat, pausing to give his little friend a chance to hop on his shoulder, before he headed towards the bus doors. All of the other students were slowly rousing themselves so Max was one of the first ones off the bus, a couple students behind Addison.
    The fresh air was definitely pleasant compared to the stuffy air inside the bus but soon enough the smell of cigarette smoke took over most of his senses. There was only one person who smoked that brand and would do so right after getting out of the bus.
    Slowly he moved towards Addison, who was leaned against a nearby wall, and came to stand next to her with his hands in his pockets.

"How was your ride, Addi?" Maxwell asked her when she took a pause in smoking to flick the ashes off the end of her smoke. On his shoulder he could feel Sophie shifting awkwardly, or anxiously rather. He gave her a glance and she quieted down with a bit of a sheepish look on her face. He knew that the small puppet disliked the idea of Addison smoking. Mainly because over the last few years all three of them had become friends and because that was just the kind of person Sophie was. She wanted the best for everyone and in this case she wanted Addi to stop smoking. He knew it wasn't going to happen though so whenever he could he quieted her with a glance, knowing that she'd say something if she were given the chance.
    "Did you see all of the nice things we drove past?" The little voice next to him asked.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:36 pm

Arcana. A school where dreams can become a reality. Where lessons come from mistakes, and where the strong come to get stronger. A school that teaches almost every aspect of life you could ask for. Not to mention it was more than welcoming practically everyone, including those from Noctrem. The school itself seemed like a small town. The building was one piece, but there were various fields and courtyards within the building. Bigger than most would expect, but easier to remember than everyone expects. The building on the outside looked very old. Vines grew up the walls on various places, the place was build like a castle almost, and there was well kept vegetation everywhere on the school ground. Despite the old look the school gave off, the inside was very modern, to say the least. Rooms look like they were from the future almost. Odd designs and practical use of space. The school really was a wonder...

Danny awoke to the sound of his alarm clock buzzing. Despite having first period off, Danny woke up at six every morning so he could have his daily workout. He preferred going in the morning only because there were less people there. The gym was one of the few places where Danny liked to be left alone to focus on anything he wanted. Without a roommate, the alarm didn't bug anyone either, so it was win-win. Collecting his change of clothes and cleaning supplies in his duffle bag, Danny headed over to the gym just like every other morning. As just like every other morning, Danny's work out had lasted for an hour and a half, giving him a half hour to shower, change and eat breakfast. Which is exactly what he did.

However, unlike every other morning, new guests were arriving at the school today. Danny, like every other kid at Arcana, knew that students from Noctrem would be living indefinitely with them until further notice. With this, Danny purposefully sat closer to the entrance of the school to see the new arrivals. A few bites into an apple, and the first bus from Noctrem arrived. Danny stopped eating for the moment to inspect the new comers. They were, after all, our rival school and living with them would be interesting, to say the least.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:29 pm

ooc - I don't even know what happened here. Things just stopped.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:40 pm

"How was your ride, Addi?" Max's voice brought Addi out of her morning trance, and she sighs, shaking her head.
    "Did you see all of the nice things we drove past?" Sophie piped up and she smirked a bit with a nod.

"It was just peachy..." She turns to look around the new campus, her bright blue eyes scanning the premise as she takes another long drag out of her cigarette, "Oh jesus," she spots some kids walking out to watch the new students from Noctrem arrive, and a dark smile rises over her face, "Oh the fun we'll have."

She flicks the ashes from her cigarette, turning to Max with a smirk, and a click of her tongue, "These kids need a good fuck up," A dark laugh follows the statement.

A scream is heard and one of the Noctrem girls -- Jade -- storms out of the building, her fists clenched in a ball.

"They got this all fucking wrong, they're fucking rooming us with ARCANA KIDS." Her eyes flicker a bright red and her feral rage begins to stir.

Addison laughs, "Woah there babe, calm down. Think of all the wonderful things we could do to those poor bastards."

Addi's blue eyes flicker towards Max, "Right?" She asks for his confirmation but assumed she wouldn't receive it, so she turns back to Jade with a small sigh.

"Who's your wonderful goody?"

"Fucking McKenna."

"The telepathic?"

"Ya...Fucking cunt, she should really stay out of my thoughts or her throat is getting ripped out... I swear to God..." Jade leans against the wall, "I need a smoke..."

Jade pulls out a J from her pocket and begins to walk towards the woods, "Oh...And, uh, morning Maxxie." She smirks as she turns and lights up the joint, the smell of pot trailing behind her.

Last edited by Mercy on Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:05 pm

ooc - I'm going to let Dream post first before I do and hopefully other people will join too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:34 am