Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

+2
Fiddler
Wraith
6 posters

The Hunt for Guiltarius

Wraith
    Wraith
    Headlight

The Hunt for Guiltarius - Page 2 Empty The Hunt for Guiltarius

Post by Wraith Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

Guiltarius is the name of a city located deep under the mountains of Screeching Teeth the north end of Elington. It is the ancient home of the race known as earth children. Since the extinction of the race, as the modern world knows it, a group of those from the village of Bruenton decides to investigate the home of this secretive race in the hopes of finding rare and precious treasures never seen before.

About Bruenton:
    -- Bruenton is a town comprised of many races. Namely elves, humans, halflings, and a fair number or dwarves to name a few. Everyone gets along in relative harmony when interaction is unavoidable, but generally stay to their own districts. How the group seeking Guiltarius was formed no current day resident outside of the group can say as it has been forged secretly over 3 generations.

About Elington:

This is the name of the land mass where this story takes place. Bruenton is located to the south west of Fire Mountain which is in the center known world. Directly to the west runs Melting River cutting a deep scar across a stretch of land that none have ever crossed fore it runs through the heart of Glending Woods, rumored to be haunted by many fould creatures and worse the undead. Glending Woods run the full length of the land from north to south and is only as wide on maps as anyone has ever dared to venture in. The Screeching Teeth are razor like mountains full of goblinoids and were-creatures who live in the many cave complexes dotting the landscape. This mountain range stretches from east to west almost the full breadth of the know world before abruptly ending two days ride from the coast. What lies across the Unending Water, which run north to south veering to the west as a natural boarder, can only be guessed at. Many towns dot the coastline where one venturing in either direction can restock supplies and provisions, but most of them are only small fishing villages. On the south east tip of the realm is Helingden which has a lucrative market due to the fact its the only place to obtain enchanted weapons. Bruenton lies two days ride south west of Fire Mountain. The closest neighboring cities are Plikermil home of most surface dwarves, and Moonwidow, home of the elves. Both being long lived races predating men hold vast libraries where one could spend decades in and never read the same work twice. Other smaller towns sparsely spread across the land house miners, woodsmen, farmers. Each town does have traders whos prices tend to rise when adventures happen through as they use their wares in trade at Helingden. Several hundered feet underground under the foothills of Screeching Teeth is the beginnings of an underground network spreading several hundered mile in ever direction. If an adventure knows where to look he could find entrances concealed behind thin veils of magic no bigger then a meter wide and three feet tall. These are used by some rational underworld races to study and understand how one's race could fit in with the surface world.

The story begins with a secret meeting of the band to layout their route.

Cast:

Dorf dworf (fiddler)
    Tal (danny)
    Fiona (avalon)
    Glorious (spacelord)

Later to join the quest:

Marvin (Murdoch)
    Kiltmin (wraith)

Last edited by Wraith on Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:47 am; edited 5 times in total
    Fiddler
    Fiddler
    BroBot

The Hunt for Guiltarius - Page 2 Empty Re: The Hunt for Guiltarius

Post by Fiddler Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:37 pm

Rainbows were high in the sky, the trees were glowing with pritty colours, and as i turned the mountain looked tall and mighty before me. I ran inside the cave, the walls were so smooth as I quickly extended my senses to find my mother. She was in our burrow but apparently she was in my room. Odd, she never goes in my room! Well except to annoy me about my fluffy
    things in my room calling me a girl. She just doesn't understand! Huf.

Walking with purpose to my room I prepared myself to reprimand what ever accusations she had to throw at me this time. Opening the round door to our burrow and then my room I saw her sitting quietly on my chair. she didn't look angry at all. A little confused I closed the door behind me. "Dear it's about time I gave you this," she slowly unraveled a small blanket she held in her lap.

Inside there was a doll roughly the length of my arm. It had shoulder length braided red hair and a woolen smile that could warm you right up. My face tingled. It's dress was made of an old apron I saw my nana wearing in pictures. "This was my doll when I was young, I wasn't planning to show it to anyone but when I realized you weren't quite like other young boys I thought you might like it." A tear almost went down my face, running up to my mum's chair I jumped up and hugged her while giggling.
    "I love you mummy!" I took the doll in my hands, and realized I was dreaming.

I opened my eyes, my thoughts of the bar and the mead coming back to me. Shame I couldn't stay in my dream. Looking down I noticed what I was cuddling was actually a chunk of bread. Where did that come from? Well it might do a little to get rid of this head ache. Taking a bite and standing up, which by no means was easy, I looked around for the skylight in the middle of the room. Moon was about a quarter through it's arc. Good, I haven't missed the meeting! Hmmm... now where was it again? Suddenly regretting not having brought the note that they sent. It said something about a church and a tunnel, well better start there.

Looking around a gloomy crevasse stood out in one of the corners. Straitening up a bit more I went on my way to what I hoped was the meeting.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:52 pm

Just so you guys know, this has been approved by Wraith Smile

Name: He calls himself "Marvin"
    Race: ???
    Sexuality: Asexual

Appearance: "Marvin" stands at just under 6 feet tall, and is of a very slender build. He has not been seen without his clothes, so it is difficult to really a judgement on what his figure is like, but the fact that his clothes are fairly tight lends itself to the theory that he is of an unassuming, athletically thin build, with only slightly wider than average shoulders. He has short black hair, a straight nose, and a slightly aged, angled face that - despite being only twenty-seven in appearance - gives the impression of a far greater age. Despite this implied age, he smiles a lot, and a twinkle is never far from his affable eyes, which are in themselves somewhat unnerving, being a misty, icy blue.
    As for his clothes, he is even stranger; he wears a mysterious black coat-like garment over a white cotton shirt and black neckwear that he calls a "tie". His breeches are also black and cotton, ending at the bottom of his ankles and half covering a pair of shiny black leather "shoes". He calls it a "suit".

Personality: He seems to be all smiles and laughs, but occasionally slips into somber moods. He is not aggressive, and has yet to be witnessed fighting, but nonetheless carries with him an air of quiet confidence; his manner seems to suggest an attitude of "I'm all friendly now, but if I wanted to, I could destroy you...and not stop smiling". He manages to keep that edge off of his usual interactions, however, and if you can put up with his constantly cheerful - if not always optimistic - attitude, he may well give you some sound advice from time to time.

Background: He is a wanderer, and his only self-professed goal is to "pass the time." His idea of passing the time, however, usually involves danger of some kind. Other than that, nobody knows, and he never shares his past or his origins, only giving a cryptic comment and a mysterious smile.

Preferred Weapon(s): None.
    Ability: He seems to be able to "utilise probability," in his words, to predict the outcome of most actions. True seer abilities seem to be beyond him, however, as he sometimes gets things wrong...of course, that could be on purpose. He seems to be able to appear and disappear at will, or at least move extremely quickly, and despite his love of danger as a passtime, he is never seen with so much as a wrinkle in his suit.
    Fiddler
    Fiddler
    BroBot

Post by Fiddler Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:22 am

Ooc: You wanna actualy join in rather than just post your profile? We're all kinda waiting to figure out how this meeting's going to go and it would be a nice entry for your character...
    Wraith
    Wraith
    Headlight

Post by Wraith Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:29 am

Ooc: just go ahead with the meeting. Hes still under the group joining in later after all. He can say he missed it or something
    Avalon
    Avalon

Post by Avalon Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:35 am

Ooc: am I right to assume Danny is going to be leading this meeting...that is, when he sees this. I'm perfectly fine with waiting a while...?
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:31 am

Yeah...Fiddler, I don't have to post the instant my characters bio is up. I have no idea where or when the meeting is, and a stranger showing up in the middle of it is not a good way to gather information. I'm still joining slightly later than the rest of you, and I will post when it seems appropriate to do so. I don't really do filler posts. I would appreciate it if you weren't so hostile. Thank you.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:39 am

Ooc - Sure, I can lead the meeting. I just had a paper to write this week worth 20% of my mark. Sorry for the delay. Since Murdoch is here I guess this can just be a quick reminder of what's happening. So all of us are part of this secret society, so we all know where the meeting is and who each other are (considering our society wouldn't be necessarily large) and the meeting that's going on now is happening in the basement of my potions shop. We all good? Brilliant! (Sorry for the delay again).

Bic - As the hours of the days past, a bit of excitement rose within Talathion. It was the idea of another meeting that got him going really. They made him feel strong and mysterious (which were all traits that any teenager of any race wanted to have). It mostly gave him the closest connection to his now dead father. He had died on one of these mission, which, in a twisted way, is why he wanted to become a member of this society.
    Talathion believe that every mission he went on made his father prouder and prouder of him - adventuring and learning with every mission and new place. This new mission took the cake though. The society did a lot of odd jobs and interesting quests, but the search of a extinct race and society was like nothing before.

A potion shop door opened and Talathion knew from the look of him that he was no ordinary costumer. "Anything I can help you with sir?" Talathion asked behind the counter. The man chuckled. "Yes. I'm looking for a particular potion. Do you carry immortality potions? To live forever?" By the time had finished speaking, he had stopped browsing the shown selection and was standing across the counter. "Ah. Perhaps in storage. Follow me," said Talathion as he walked into the back room.
    The man followed as pushed the thin curtain blocking the back room with the store room and met with Tal.
    "It's good to see you," Talathion laughed a bit as he pulled the man into an embrace. They chuckled before breaking apart as Tal made his way to a bookshelf. He took a particular book off the shelf which activated a mechanism that caused a hidden door to be revealed from splitting the bookshelf. "Should be a good meeting," the man spoke as the two made their way down to the meeting room.

After a while, the small meeting room was practically filled to the brim. This was the most members present at a meeting in a long while, not that it was a problem, but it was something Tal didn't expect. Believing to be an appropriate time, Talathion started the meeting. "Evening everyone. If I could have your attention. I've called this meeting today for two reasons. The first, is to have a moment of silence for our silent brothers and sisters who didn't make it out alive in their last mission."
    Talathion dropped his head and waiting for a moment in commemoration of them. After an approximate amount of time Tal continued. "The second reason, is this," he places the mission poster on the table. "I'm sure most, if not all, of you have seen this around." There was chatter among the members. "I know this may be controversial for some of you, but this is an adventure that the likes of us have yet to see!"
    Fiddler
    Fiddler
    BroBot

Post by Fiddler Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:34 pm

Ooc: I'm sorry Murdoch for saying that XS I wasn't having the best of days at the time and I was reacting rather than thinking at the time.

Ic: The meeting was unusually full. It's true that I didn't come to many of these but when I did the society seemed smaller. Around me stood menacing looking men and women from various races some armed more than others. As Talathion continued everyone around me seemed to perk their ears to get the most out of his every word.

He explained much of what we already knew, we were going to go underground and seek out the remnance of a race long buried and mysteriously secretive when they did venture out of their dwelling where ever that may be. Once he had finished there was a pause. I silently counted the heads in the room, "there are about 20 odd of us here how'll we evar fit in a likkle hole in the ground in one go?."

Last edited by Fiddler on Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:20 pm

Ooc: Danke Schon ^_^ Since the meeting has started, I may as well post my first post to set up the character and launch him straight in Very Happy

IC:

Time is a funny thing. For most creatures - mortal and immortal - it plays out in a linear, cause-to-effect manner. You live your lives in a straight line, seeing only one of many possible chain of events, and always assuming that yours is the only reality; yours is the only true, valid timeline. It's a boring belief, but a necessary one; imagine, for a moment, if everyone started contemplating the true enormity and complexity of time and space, and what happens to the other possibilities once they have been ruled out from a timeline. Do they continue to exist in some alternate universe, or do they simply...poof...go away? Do they disappear, never to be seen again? If people started to think about it, why, you would never get anything done, and there would be those who would surely use it as an excuse to do wrong; that they're only acting out one possibility, which would have been acted out by somebody somewhere anyway. A cynical view, perhaps, but when you get to be a certain age - an age where numbers no longer matter, where all that can be said is that you're old, and that's that - you tend to develop a cynical side.

Of course, you can have fun as well. Nobody ever said that cynicism excluded the possibility of joviality or humour. And for somebody as old as "Marvin," joviality is actually very important. He does a job - a very important one - that is unlikely to end very soon, and when you see as much as he does, it is important to distract yourself rather than get swallowed up in your work, or you could end up becoming bored, disillusioned and eventually filled with despair at the inevitability of it all...and when you're stuck doing a job for a long time, you don't want to hate it. That only makes things worse. So he finds ways to amuse himself...and that is where Time comes in. Time is funny, in the way that every single possible action, event and timeline is taking place all at the same time, over and over again. It's complicated; far too complicated for words to describe it...it is, as it was once described, a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey stuff. And that's all that can be said about it.

But for somebody like Marvin, that is an advantage; he can see all of it, every decision, every event that he has ever visited on his job...which is pretty much everywhere. He can come and go as he pleases, going where he thinks he will find the most enjoyment. Right now, at this moment...he thinks he's found something worth investigating. He stands in a small basement, along with ten or twenty other people, leaning against a wall and watching proceedings evolve. He's always preferred watching these events from the perspective of the little people...it's so much more exciting this way. His suit is unwrinkled, unblemished, and his smart shoes are shining clean. He looks young and old at the same time, his face only in his mid-to-late twenties but his eyes far older than that. The other people in this basement would surely give him their undivided attention due to his unfamiliar face and strange dress...if they could see him. But the thing is, nobody can perceive his existence - his physical existence, that is - unless he so wills it. And right now, he doesn't.

This "Secret Society" is talking about going on a quest to find a "Lost City," and though he knows every possible outcome of this meeting and quest, he kind of wants to see which timeline he'll be projected down. These pivot points in time are always the most interesting...every possible outcome rests at them, and when you visit one, you have no idea which route it will take. It's a moment of uncertainty, even for one such as he, and he finds that...thrilling. Almost Mortal. Of course, if this chain of events ends abruptly - as some routes do - he will simply come back to this moment and hope for a different, longer path.

The teenager addressing the room is obviously confident, but it is a confidence born of ignorance; he knows nothing of pain, suffering or death, and sees these quests as a way to live, a way to gain glory and adventure...but adventures rarely end in anything more than pain and death. He should know. Two weeks in the outside world, and this 'Talathion' may surely wish he was not so eager to leave the safety of his home town. He could develop in several ways; he could turn into a righteous hero, a sadistic villain, a pauper or a king...or he could turn into a body in a ditch or cave somewhere. All roads lead to death eventually...just some sooner than others.

A snort interrupts Marvins musings. He turns his head to watch his companion pacing irritably, shaking his head in frustration. He passes through several people like a ghost, simply passing straight through them, unnoticed - he, too, wishes not to be perceived just now - but he is obviously not happy. Unlike Marvins smart suit and sensible shoes, his companion is dressed head-to-toe in a full suit of spiked crimson armour that covers every part of his body, the helmet a visage of a horrific, screaming demon. The only thing human about him is his shape. On his back is strapped a large two-handed blade, of a similar colour to his armour and with the same demon face on his helmet staring out from the center of the crossguard.

"Is something bothering you, brother?" Marvin asks, a small smile on his face, "You seem...agitated."
    "I'm bored!" the Knight snaps, "You dragged me to a meeting? There's no blood here, no conflict...not even a bare-knuckle brawl! Why do you always go to the most boring of places?"
    Marvin smiles, but it has an edge of exhaustion...frustration, perhaps? "You did not have to come," he chides, before standing up from the wall. "I come to these times and places because of the uncertainty. These events are pivot moments for entire timelines. These are fixed points, where not even you or I can predict what will happen on a particular loop."
    "I know that!" his companion snaps, "But there are more interesting ones! Europe, 1939 is one of my favourites!"
    "I cannot say that I share your love of carnage and blood, dear brother...I much prefer the Summit of 1918."
    "Bah. Democracy." His brother snorted. "You can stay here and watch this if you want...I'm leaving."

Marvin shook his head, chuckling. "You always did have simple tastes..." he muttered, "So. Where were you thinking of going next?"
    "I don't know. Somewhere with a lot of blood...and a lot of death." And with that, he's gone. No puff of smoke, no darkening of the world, no flapping of wings...he's just gone. One moment he's standing there, and the next he isn't. Marvin looks at the spot where his brother was standing for another couple of moments, mutters something under his breath, and then returns his attention to the meeting. They had explained what he had already known before about the quest...that isn't what he's interested in. What he's there to see is coming up...this boys response - what he says, who volunteers, who goes on the quest - all of that will be decided right now, and with it, possibly the fate of the entire quest...oh, he's looking forward to watching this one. So many entertaining ways it could go, and he has no idea which timeline he's hopped to! This is rather exciting...the feeling never gets old.

ooc:
    And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why you never rush me. I'm not called The Ruler of Roleplays and the Architect of Fate for nothing Wink
    Avalon
    Avalon

Post by Avalon Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:48 pm

A man, probably not much older than I stepped forward after a few moments, and welcomed the group. An elf, by the looks of him. Elves always had this kind of…graceful aloofness to them that I could never quite understand. This man was no different. I think I might have known him, or at least known of him. He owned the shop above us, and I was no stranger to Bruenton. His face seemed slightly familiar, and I wondered if I had known his parents or something of the sort. He looked like a younger version of a man I felt like I had met on a previous occasion. Letting my eyes wander, I began to look at each of the members of this group from the comfort of my shadows, face covered by the darkness of my hood.
    If the beings in this room could see my expression, they would be…skeptical, to say the least. I was frightened. And nervous. Members of this group had not returned, would I return if I proceeded with this quest?

The word adventure caught my interest just slightly, enough for me to stop the small movement I had started. For a moment there, I had taken the smallest of steps backward, remembering the paths of the welcoming tunnels, and contemplating on simply disappearing.
    I was new to this game, no more than a thief amongst mages, adventurers, and warriors. No more than a child amongst men. Was it worth it? Risking my life and my pride for riches that weren’t even guaranteed with the journey?
    I suppose I had no choice but to see what the future held, as it was my only companion in times like these.

For a split second, my blood ran cold. Something changed, and I felt as if I had just gone through a rain of ice water. No more than a heartbeat passed before I was completely back to normal. But what was that?
    My eyes flashed from behind my hood as I looked around the room at all of the faces, wondering if someone had cast a quick spell on the group or something, but none of them had even taken their eyes off of the man in the center of the room. Although a few of the other bodies close to me looked just as surprised, as if they had felt the same coldness pass through them for a second, as I did.
    They were quick to disregard the feeling though, so I felt as if I should do the same. Perhaps it was just nerves.

My thoughts quickly drifted elsewhere, to the crumpled up paper I held, balled up tightly in one of my fists. I knew then. I knew it was right to have come here, even if most of these people were close friends for generations, and I was simply a wanderer who had found herself at the right place at the right time. At some point, everyone starts off as strangers, right?
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:45 am

Talkathon allowed the members to quietly talk amongst themselves about the quest he proposed. In honesty, he also understood the danger and risk in this idea, but something about this quest allured him. Maybe it was just the connection he felt with his father when he went on quest. Maybe it was just his teenage ego clouding him judgment. Maybe it was both.
    It was the thought of his father though, that made him make his next announcement. "I'm aware that most of you have families and this quest, above all others, could possibly be the most dangerous we've ever decided to take. None of us would like any less of those who wish to sit out." He paused for a second, looking at their faces. "As you know, my father passed on a quest similar to this. Don't not risk your life so lightly if you have these responsibilities." Another pause as Talathion looked down.

"But," he continued with a smile. "I do need a group of you willing to go. I don't think there is a single member who could do this alone, least myself, so if you're feeling brave and up to the challenge, I would love to have you accompany myself on this quest. If anyone is willing, please step forward."
    Talathion paused as scanned the room for members to make their self known. It took a moment or two, a bit longer than he anticipated, but eventually one member made himself known. A bit of chatter broke out in the group. "Alester?" Talathion spoke quietly. He was the man who was with my father as him and his group were killed on their past quest. "Are you sure? I know you've a family at home. I don't want to-" he was cut short Alester. "I'm aware of the consequences Tal. But I feel... Obligated to go on this quest."

Talathion starred at the man, a bit skeptical, before sighing then letting out a smile. "Of course. Anyone else?" He called out, waiting for members to make theirselves know (if there were anymore).

Ooc - Just so we're clear, Alester is a NPC ^.^
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:27 am

Marvin surveys the crowd coolly...a few people shivered and looked around, as if they felt a chill in the air, and he has to suppress a sigh of exasperation. His brother always did allow his impatience to get in the way of his self control; to sit in at an event like this unnoticed, they shift themselves just out of line with the mortals plane of existence, sliding between timelines temporarily so that they cannot be perceived. It's a delicate balance, seeing and hearing without being seen or heard, and one that can easily slip; one slip one way, and they temporarily black out. One slip the other, and they start to affect the world with their passing. Though they all have immense practice at it, sometimes they slip, and sometimes they do it on purpose to mess with the mortals in a non-direct way. Most reports of ghostly sightings, poltergeists and the like are Marvins people messing around...some of them aren't, of course; there are timelines where ghosts and ghouls exist, at least in a limited fashion.

But the people are quick to dismiss it as a draft or something similar - ah, the mortal mind; a complex muscle that allows the humans to continue believe exactly what they wish - and turn their attentions back towards the front. So...'Alester' has decided to join this timeline. That narrows down the possible outcomes, but this is all part of the suspense...gradually whittling away possibilities as choices pass until only one remains...and then he can do it all over again. Marvelous. But right now...right now, he wants to know who else will come forward in this quest. He wants to know who he'll be travelling with, after all...and maybe he'll announce himself once the party members are chosen. Maybe.
    Avalon
    Avalon

Post by Avalon Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:23 pm

After the Elf had finished speaking, he was up there alone. Moments passes slower than I could have ever thought possible, and I felt myself step back one small, hardly-noticeable step. I could run, I could just get out of here and no one would be the wiser.
    My train of thought was broken as a man stepped forward. Alerster. The two men in the center of the room spoke to each other for a heartbeat before they were waiting for another volunteer, their words lost in the stale silence of the room.

This might have been worse than before. Because now, people were beginning to shift their weight, avert their gaze from the men in the center. Something was digging into my wrist, and I slowly eased myself, finding that I had wound my arms around my waist to keep myself from darting into the shadows, and one of the bands of leather on my armour had been pressing against my arm rather harshly. Funny, I hadn't even noticed.
    Before I could have a second to doubt myself, my legs were moving toward the center. Graceful, like a shadow, and the light trying to find my face but coming up short thanks to the darkness of my hood, I walked right up to the table that sat in the middle of the space. A small, delicate, white hand emerged from my cloak, and set down the crumpled paper, smoothing it gently until the words were eligible.

My figure turned toward the two men, daring them to question me, daring them to tell me I was too young or something of the sort.
    "I'll go." I said, surprised at how my voice sounded so sure and strong. I found a small, coy smile playing on my lips as I took a small step away from the table, glad I hadn't retreated. However welcoming the shadows were, I was in the light. The only comfort I could take now, was the feeling of my large cloak weighing down on my shoulders. Perhaps it was a bit misleading, however I'd rather them perceive me as some strange, mysterious person than a nobody thief with no home, or family, or life to go back to.
    Fiddler
    Fiddler
    BroBot

Post by Fiddler Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:51 pm

When you're perspective is from the height of just above the Elven groin area it's moments like these you'd wish you had a platform to stand on. However I noticed a few different styles of pants and belts and hidden weapons as the room filled with tall races. I never liked their kind. Ich. But those buttocks... Later Dorf! Now is not the time!

Well the hubub died down and some fellow started speaking a few of the details we already knew. If his body looked anything like his voice sounded he'd be quite attractive for a human. Suddenly the crowd started moving. What was this! Now I don't even have room to breathe!

"Hey!, He-, Hey! Do you mind!?" the crowd parted around me. Everyone staring, a path formed ahead of me. Apparently I was expected to move forward. I see a few other adventurers with their papers on the table. "Well all I was trying to do was get some breathing room in the crowd but being offered a seat works just as well!" Sitting down explosively on a chair I then asked "So when do the sign ups begin for the quest?"
    Spacelord_Josh
    Spacelord_Josh

Post by Spacelord_Josh Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:55 pm

Greetings noble heroes! I am Sir Glorious! Might I join your noble venture?

Here is my character bio:

Basic
    Name: "Sir" Glorious
    Sex: Male

Features
    Species: Human
    Skin color: White
    Tattoo: None
    Height: 6'2"
    Build: Muscular
    Weight: 190
    Hair (color/style): Beautiful flowing golden hair
    Eyes: Blue

Appearance
    Glorious stands deliberately tall at all times, he speaks only with the loudest volume, he is astonishingly handsome and his appearance belays an air of honor and chivalry.

Clothes
    Wears cheaply made leather armor, with a mirror polished chestplate. He spends an unhealthy amount of time on his appearance.

About Character
    Sexuality: Straight
    Personality: Follows rules, kind to the weak, and incredibly stupid.
    Preferred weapon: An astonishingly well polished longsword.

Background
    Sir Glorious is not quite straightforward when talking about his past. He was raised in a family of candle makers but was not deemed smart enough to carry on his father's career (which instead was inherited by the family goat). After being read far too many stories of noble knights as a child, Glorious has given himself the title of "Sir" and goes around telling everyone that he is a knight. His ultimate goal is to gain enough renown as a freelance protector of the weak in order to get knighted for real.

Special Power(s)
    Sir Glorious is handsome, profoundly handsome. He has a glowing smile that could win over the most sour orc. Also his aspirations of being a knight have motivated him to intensively train his body. He is exceptionally strong and tough.
    But no man is born with everything, his exceptional lack of intellect makes him worthless diplomatically, and can't really understand the concept of "tactics" when fighting.

Last edited by Spacelord_Josh on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Avalon
    Avalon

Post by Avalon Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:51 pm

Ooc: yeah of course you can join! But just to catch you up a little, we're all in the basement of Danny (Tal's) shop, the meeting has just started and people are beginning to step forward and voulenteer for the quest. You can probably just jump in whenever you like!
    Spacelord_Josh
    Spacelord_Josh

Post by Spacelord_Josh Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:15 pm

Glorious was thinking. He was gradually replaying the last 10 minutes of conversation in his head. Trying and failing to sort out what had just happened. He felt upset, he was pretty sure.

He was upset because the potions shop jerk threw him out. He knew the meeting was around there somewhere. He even knew the "special" secret password. The guy at the bar had told him! He said it was true.
    "That's right buddy, three clucks and a moo, in that order. Now the guy will tell you to stop, but you gotta keep on doing it, no matter what. Then they'll let you in the special door".
    Glorious was sure he was doing it right, he had practiced in the alleyway for 10 minutes before going in.

Now he was back in the alleyway, kicking around some loose cobblestone and muttering to himself with a barely audible disappointed whine.
    "He didn't even want to see my paper!" He thought quietly to himself. The sound of his voice startled him. He had to focus reeeeeal hard to not think out loud. He had wound up for another cobblestone kick when he heard some voices coming from the basement window of the potion shop. Slowly... very slowly... and idea occurred to Glorious. "Haha!" he thought to himself loudly and he peered into the window.

He heard a dwarf's voice saying "...when do the signups begin for the quest?".

"Quest?" Glorious thought to himself. "Quest?!" he thought to himself somewhat more loudly. "I volunteer!" his voice boomed from the window "I shall battle the forces of darkness in the name of JUSTICE!".
    Most of the room shifted uneasily and turned to the window. Several people began reaching for their blades.
    "It's OK!" exploded glorious, "I have a paper!". Glorious squashed the raggedy invitation, upside down, against the window. "Now let me in!".

*OOC: "That potion shop jerk" as mentioned above, could be Tal, or it could be an NPC doorman he had watch the shop while he was downstairs giving his speech. Tal can retroactively decide depending on the amount of funny he wishes to generate.

Also, when you picture Glorious' voice. Picture the Tick's voice. Loud stupid and heroic, but not really slurred or anything.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:21 am

Marvins eyes flicker around the room, taking everyone into account. The people who volunteer will determine the course this quest takes, obviously; different people means different opinions, which means different routes taken and ends achieved. There is no one "right" combination, and there is no one "Wrong" combination...there are simple combinations with greater chances of success, and ones with lower. The Dwarf, the Elf, the Human...so, are those the only party members willing to undertake this quest? That narrows down the timeline options, but not by enough to make him accurately able to predict which outcome will result.

And then a booming voice fills the room. Marvins eyes flick up to the window, seeing an upside-down piece of paper being pressed against it. There are only a handful of possibilities. Time to see who is at the window.
    He disappears.
    A moment later, he appears behind the foolish knight. He still remains imperceptible - completely and totally invisible, unhearable, unfeelable and unsmellable - as he scans the squat "Knight". So. Sir Stupid has volunteered? There are several ways this can go, but he can feel his face splitting into a grin. The timelines with Sir Stupid are always more interesting...and busier for him, but that's neither here nor there. Again, he disappears, and reappears back in his old spot. This could be interesting.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:50 pm

Erm....hello? :-/
    Wraith
    Wraith
    Headlight

Post by Wraith Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:29 pm

I think they are waiting on danny here, and in the d&d one too

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content