Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

The Wolf Within

thorn within
    thorn within

The Wolf Within Empty The Wolf Within

Post by thorn within Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:21 am

If you have read this before it is because I was posting it on Anon Board. So I’m not copywriting, this is my story.

Prologue:
    Darkness suffocated the room, and yet my I knew exactly where he stood. The smell of blood lingered in the air as my thirst reached its peak. My muscles pulsed with excitement and I crouched low to the floor, adrenalin flowing uncontrollably through my body.
    I lunged at the muscular form before me, and sunk my fangs deep into the warm, soft flesh of his throat. I felt a sharp snap between my jaws, and the body fell limp beneath me. Satisfaction ran through my veins as I licked my lips clean.
    The room returned to its sickeningly white colour, and I once again returned to my human form.
    A pool of red began to form around the body, as his black eyes gazed at the roof, lifeless. I tried to speak, but no words emerged from my lips. I held my hands to my mouth in horror as tears ran down my cheeks.
    They call me an experiment. But I believe otherwise.
    I am a monster.

I backed up against the wall behind me, and slowly sank to the floor. I tried to contain myself, however loud sobs escaped from my throat. I haven’t been in control for a while now. Ever since they had given me that injection last week, things have been getting out of hand.
    A tall man in a white lab coat that matched the room opened the door to my right. He had short blond hair that sat unevenly on his head, and thin rimmed glasses that created an intelligent air about him.
    “Experiment three-five-one?” he said, looking down at a clip board in his hands.
    My expert eyesight watched him grip its edges nervously, and I could hear a slight shake in his voice as he spoke. I hated how they feared me.
    “It’s Lexi, actually,” I whispered as I wiped the tears from my face.
    “Yes, well, Lexi,” he said my name as though it was new for him to call the experiments by actual names. We were people too.
    “Where’s Kayson?” I asked quietly. I had no time for his stupid questions. They had seen it all.
    I managed to pick myself off of the floor and walk over to where I knew a one way window was concealed. The man behind me stood silent, he didn’t want to aggravate me, and for good reason. I knew he had seen what I had done. I bet he too saw me as a monster.
    “I want to see Kayson,” I demanded, my voice still pitchy from crying.
    A voice came over the speaker that was positioned above my head, high near the ceiling. “Kayson is busy doing his,” there was a slight pause, “exercises.” That was their term for experimentation.
    Kayson was able to control anything with his mind. He could move things, make objects appear from the other side of the world, and he could even adjust other people’s emotions.
    Kayson is the most handsome person I have ever met. He is tall, with jet black hair and a sun kissed complexion, one which I never understood due to the fact we were always kept indoors where we could be watched. Kayson is perfectly toned in such a way that would cause any girl to go weak at the knees, while his bright blue eyes are so clear and pure, and when he smiled it melted your heart.
    He kept me from going insane, and he was all I wanted from the world. If only he felt the same way.

I pounded on the wall with my fist, “Then can I please speak to Ashley?” Ashley was similar to the man occupying the room right now. She too wore a white lab coat and always carried around a clip board. The only difference was that she treated me like a human.
    The same voice came over the speaker once more, “She is busy at the moment attending to some paperwork and-”
    I began shaking violently, and my heart rate quickened. Red lights that came out of no where flashed, and a siren sounded. I pressed my hands to my head.
    Not again.

Last edited by thorn within on Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:30 am; edited 1 time in total
    thorn within
    thorn within

The Wolf Within Empty Re: The Wolf Within

Post by thorn within Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:28 am

Constructive criticism is welcome and much appreciated. I hope you guys enjoy my story. It wasn’t written to be amazing, and I'm sure it's not, but simply because I love writing and wish to get better.

Chapter 1: Control
    I opened my eyes as a stream of bright light blinded me. Wincing I squinted, attempting to see the world around me. A warm hand gripped mine tightly, and I looked over to see Kayson’s bright blue eyes watching me with great concern. I could always count on Kayson.
    He was the only one who was able to calm me down when situations like that arose. I was thankful for the gift he was given.
    My eyes left his and I looked down to the bed which I was currently occupying and carefully sat up. Everything was white here, and yet never got dirty.
    “What’s the damage this time?” I managed to ask after a short silence, however it came out as more of a whisper.
    “I was only two doors down from you, so I was able to get there quickly…” Kayson trailed off.
    “How many?” I asked, my mind toying with large numbers in my head.
    “Well…the man who had come in to evaluate everything, you know, the skinny tall blond guy with glasses?”
    I nodded my head.
    “Well, he was meant to be one of their most promising new staff. He was going to help you.”
    I could feel his eyes on me as I felt ashamed.
    “I killed the one person who was going to help me?” I asked, a single tear escaping down my cheek.
    Kayson lifted a hand to my face and wiped the tear away. His hand felt warm and evoked a safe and secure feeling inside of me. I felt myself smile inside as my stomach performed a few nauseating flips from his touch.
    “No, you didn’t. But because he was so valuable they had to send in quite a few guards to protect him and-”
    “How many?” I asked. He knew what I meant.
    “Seven.”
    I reached over to the bed side table and took out a sheet of paper and pen from the top draw. I added seven to the tally.
    Kayson reached up and took the paper from my hands and placed it on the table face down so I couldn’t see it any more.
    He looked deep into my eyes, “It’s not your fault Lexi,” he said in his calming voice. I felt my heart flutter as he said my name.
    “I can’t do this anymore Kayson,” I said shakily. “I can’t hurt any more people.”
    The memory of today’s session flashed back across my mind, and I felt everything around me start to spin.
    “Lexi?” I heard Kayson ask as he caught me just before I fell from the bed.
    “Lexi?” Everything went dark.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:47 am

Hmm until now I got a chance to read this.
    I'm very much intrigued and like your style of writing.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:27 am

I hadn't read this until now, but I like the concept, I would like to see how you are going to deal with the moral battles that are going to take place within Lexi, please keep it up.
    thorn within
    thorn within

Post by thorn within Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:49 am

Sorry I haven't been on here in ages..I actually forgot I had been posting this on here, my apologies. Thanks for the lovely comments, I didn't think my story was all that good so thanks for your kind words Smile Here is some more.

I awoke to the sound of machines around me, and mumbling voices that came from the other side of the room. I was on the examination table I had come to see almost everyday, however these machines were foreign to me.
    Closing my eyes I concentrated on what was being said.
    “We can not terminate this experiment,” a female voice said in a harsh, aggravated tone. I recognised it to be Ashley’s.
    “She has murdered twenty-nine people over the past week,” a deep voice snapped back.
    My heart sank, ‘Terminated? Murdered?’ I was pretty sure he was the man who gave all of the orders around here. Mr Pompkin? Mr Pumpkin? Something weird like that.
    “You of all people should know that she is not responsible for all of this. It was that ridiculous enhancement shot you agreed to give her. You knew that the lab hadn’t fully tested the drug, even they had said not to go ahead with it, and yet you gave the ok anyway,” Ashley was not taking any of his bull today. “If anyone should be blamed for their deaths it is you.”
    I could hear the door open and the conversation came to an abrupt end. Familiar foot steps entered the room, not as stern as most who worked here. It was the head scientist who usually worked on me, and made sure all my vital organs were functioning properly and what not. I decided to stir slightly; he of all people would know that I was already awake.
    I groaned and tried to sit up, before the scientist gently pushed me back down.
    “What’s wrong with me Doc?” I asked sleepily, attempting to smile. We had agreed that he would call me Lexi if I called him Doc, something I was more than happy to agree to.
    “I believe it’s a result from high levels of stress and anxiety,” Doc explained examining some papers that were attached to a clipboard on the table beside me. “I would advise no more exercises similar to this morning’s for a while. I think you should be using your talents for something more…fun.” Doc smiled down at me. Did he just say talent?
    His neat brown hair matched the colour of his warm smiling eyes, and he was only around my height, 5’7. He was a thin man, with the early signs of wrinkles at the corners of his eyes. Personally, I think he smiles too much for someone working here. The wrinkles always puzzled me because Doc only looked about thirty, maybe thirty-five at the most. He is one of the nicest people I know who work here, the rest being here for business matters.
    “With all due respect Mr Creator,” Mr Pumpkin said from the other side of the room. I could hear footsteps as he came closer. “We all know why experiment three-five-one-”
    “It’s Lexi, actually,” I said in an annoyed tone.
    “We all know why she was created,” I could tell that he refused to acknowledge me as being human, as being his equal. I was some kind of insignificant life form to him. “And I believe that doing something, “fun” will jeopardise the cause of giving her this gift and-”
    “Gift?” I asked angrily, sitting up. “You think I want to kill people? You think I enjoy being a monster? This is no gift, it is a curse you bestowed upon my unwillingly.”
    I jumped on top of the examination table and stared him in the eyes. They were cold, dark, and heartless. He didn’t care what happened to me. I’m surprised he hasn’t managed to terminate me yet.
    Rage surged through me, but this time I had a new sense of control over myself. I could feel the adrenalin coursing through me, and the sensation I used to enjoy upon shape shifting returned as I leapt high into the air.
    This time would be different, I could feel it.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:25 am

hmm...more please?
    DOnt leav me hanging!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 6:40 am