Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

3 posters

Legend of Grey Team

Fiddler
    Fiddler
    BroBot

Legend of Grey Team - Page 2 Empty Legend of Grey Team

Post by Fiddler Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:13 pm

First topic message reminder :

Grey Team was assembled after refitting of Spartan II's into the Spartan IV project. Together they proceeded to the planet Sigma Octanus IV. A planet previously a UNSC colony but then abandoned after a covenant attack. Years later the UNSC came back to find it still un-glassed and are wondering why the covenant chose to spare this world, when they set so many others to burn.

After ODST Recon patrols Came back unscathed the UNSC started setting up base, routine partols started around the newly re-founded colony and all was going surprisingly well. Too well. A patrol went off the grid and the base went to full alert. Spartans were sent in to the area expecting the worst; what ever thay may be.

After rescuing what was left of the ODST squad they found the entrance to an underground bunker. That was only the beginning.

Legend of Grey Team - Page 2 Uplyb
    Spartans (or other troops of varying type) can be as close or as far as they want from what the original grey team was. I've based the story off of accurate backstory (and had to adjust what was previously said since some of it simply wasn't accurate to the halo universe) There is a big difference between spartan II's, III's, and IV's and if you want please do look them up as they can help you define a character.

Other than that this is an open rp <:) role playing like was done in the last one is fine (you don't need to look up lore if you don't want to) and I'm excited to see where this'll go ^_^

Current characters:
    Cathring bolt (Fiddler)
    Samuel (Wraith)

Last edited by Fiddler on Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Wraith
    Wraith
    Headlight

Legend of Grey Team - Page 2 Empty Re: Legend of Grey Team

Post by Wraith Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:35 am

"Drop your weapon. Theres no way you can get our of this if you dont." The one i have laughs after saying this and i glance over my shoulder. As i notice yet another spartan the one pined hooks my knee and i collapse. He lands lightly and picks up my weapon as the pair back up for better shots if we dont cooperate.

"They didnt mention anyother assets in the AO during the brief out here. Rogues perhaps?" I stand up again feeling the hits of being thrown like a rag doll. I scan the room taking in only the possible weapons and points of cover. The room is pretty stripped though. "What are you going to do with us now?"

I interrupt their conversation, which i assume is the answer to my question. The new spartan wearing blue armor walks over and buttstrokes me. "Shut up. You're our prisoners and we will deal with you however we want."
    Fiddler
    Fiddler
    BroBot

Post by Fiddler Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:47 pm

The three black spartans turn towards sam and stare as if they were all smirking behind their visor at this point. "We're going to let you meet our friends," the said leader of the trio pipped up. "Broker start up the device, Hitman keep an eye on them while I reset the trap"

I cant believe that I had been tricked. The door not making any noise on opening, the wall opening up without prompt. Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!

I didn't recognize their nicknames, probably because we'd know their real names or ranks. the one they called Broker went to the pillar in the room. The top lit up with a blue control panel that seemed to be designed in a circular nature. This wasn't Human Tech.

After pressing a few symbols the broker backed off and the pillar started levitating above it's mooring. a second or two passed and suddenly it split in two. Between the halves a portal had formed. This swirling black hole looked like it came out of a nightmare. You could stare into it's abyss and think yourself being absorbed into the void. Even with all my training, even with all my combat preparedness, even with having stared death in the face, I was scared.

"GET UP!" Hitman shouted breaking my trance. The leader had come back into the room and closed the door behind him. "Alright Broker head on through, then the prisoners and Hitman and I will follow"

As prediced Broker quickly holsters his and my two weapons and steps into the void. It swallowed him whole as he touched it's surface. Just like that, he was gone. I knew I was next. I walked up to the portal, and just stood there until a shove came from behind. A short scream escaped my lips.
    Wraith
    Wraith
    Headlight

Post by Wraith Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:41 pm

Following catherine I move through the portal without hesitation. 'meet their friends, eh?' i wonder just what they are talking about and prepare myself for whatever lay on the other end. Upon reaching the other side, which only takes a few second by my hud's clock, i gaze on a vastly different landscape from the DZ we had at the beginning of this mission.

opening a private comlink to catherine and page her by clicking the mic button. "you see any of their friends?" i scan the area again in all the built-in filters and still fail to notice anything unusual other then the vegitation and the coloring of everything.
    Fiddler
    Fiddler
    BroBot

Post by Fiddler Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:43 pm

Ooc: I'm sorry for not posting in a while, I'm in florida and haven't had much internet all week and have been rather busy with Disney land X3.

Ic: Walking through the portal was like walking through a waterfall. Except for the obviously missing aspects of falling water or any feeling of gravity while in the aperture. We came out the other side onto the top of a grassy hill. Like my earlier comparison to the waterfall however this grass was a vibrant purple and the air seemed filled with a light fog. Looking up we could see what appeared to be a massive moon, only it was much larger than us, probably meaning that we were on a moon rather than the planetary body.

I jumped a little when sams com came through, quickly I regained my composure and answered "Unless you count my imaginary ones no one yet." Protocol indicated that sarcasm wasn't recommended on radio chatter but it was all I could do to get myself back into the situation. Okay, step one find away to trick the scary black demons, like the elites liked to call us, into letting us go and then figuring what the hell was going on.

After our party had finished with the portal it closed behind us and became a small pillar once more. I made sure to landmark this location as well as possible before letting myself be pushed forward.

We walked forward and down the slope until we came to some boulders that stuck out of the ground, that was when the fog cleared and I swore in my head. In that section of boulders was a glowing pillar of light, and at the top of that pillar was a Covenant freighter. F***.

Trudging us forward they lined us up in the center of the pillar of light, and a few seconds later we were uniformally lifted up and brought 100m into the air and onto the vessel.

When we felt gravity return we had a quick glance of the area before Elites came to welcome us with a set of electric handcuffs for each of us. This picnic was only getting better. The Leader talked to the Elites for a short time before we were lead to a cell.

We were unceremoniously thrown in and a luminous shield quickly locked us in
    Spoiler:

Ooc: If there's anyone joining us at this point feel free to lock yourself in one of the cells, You could have been kidnapped a number of ways from a number of different places.
    Wraith
    Wraith
    Headlight

Post by Wraith Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:19 am

On the way to the column of light i keep searching the sides of the path for any unnatural signs of movement. Nothing seems out of place though and in short order we reach what could only be a grav lift. Stopping to admire the intelligence and genius behind this work results in getting pushed foward roughly. A few moments later the rest of the group joins me and we get pulled against gravity and up into the ship.

In the ship i scan the architecture and realize his cant be a human work. Looking around the room i see crates stacked and in bundles around random points. Quickly we are ushered to the detainment room and once again im shoved foward, this time into a cell. The barrier door is activated as i turn to lash out against our captors. Thankfully my armor wasnt removed, however i do sustain heavy bruising as my fist connects against the artifical wall.

Shaking my hand i turn back as our captors laugh and walk away. I quickly study the room before slumping down against the back wall. "You got a plan?" I nod to catherine and keep watch through the enterance.
    Fiddler
    Fiddler
    BroBot

Post by Fiddler Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:56 am

Ooc: btw I'm currently trying to give murdoch some time to post as he's told me he wanted to join. Whether or not he's posted in a few days I'll post again on wednesday or around there.
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:06 am

ooc: I was thinking about rejoining with my previously established character, Emilia Noon. Would that be acceptable?
    Fiddler
    Fiddler
    BroBot

Post by Fiddler Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:16 pm

Ooc: this would be a perfect time for something like that! If you think your back-story needs any adjustment with the setting adjust accordingly but I'd welcome members of the "old team"! just give yourself a reason and an explanation for you to be locked up with us Smile
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:22 pm

Name: Emilia Noon
    Ethnic: Caucasian
    Skin color: Slightly pale as a result of the long times she spends wearing her armor.
    Tattoo: A tattoo of a crosshair on her shoulder that identifies her as a top-ranking marksman. Very few have been awarded the same marking.
    Height: 6'8"
    Build: She's a little bit smaller than most Spartans but she is fast, mobile, and strong enough to carry out her role with perfect precision.
    Weight: 200lbs
    Hair (color/style): Her hair is shoulder-length and a mix of dark brown and auburn, much like the picture. She ties it back when she is not wearing her helmet and otherwise she leaves it loose.
    Eyes: Bright gold with black specks around the pupil and the other is Bright Blue with black specks around the pupil. It was a defect as a result of the augmentation. At first her superiors thought that the augmentation had failed however they soon realized that this was her defect.
    Ironically enough the golden eye is the one that she uses to aim with.

About Character -
    Sexuality: She has no preference.
    Personality: Emilia is the quiet type. Having been trained especially for long-distance engagements and long instances of being completely alone, she has become used to not interacting with others. To some she would even seem stand-offish with her silence. She carries out orders and will do so without question.

However she is quite a kind person in nature. Soft spoken and intelligent with her words. Though it is rare she has shown instances of amusement and what could almost be called happiness.
    Her weakness is that she is afraid of caring too much.

Starting weapons: Standard SRS99C-S2 AMB Sniper Rifle, M6G sidearm, and a standard combat blade.
    Starting gear: She primarily carries ammunition for her weapon on the belt at her waist, fewer grenades than other members of the team, and an Active Camouflage module on her shoulder that conceals her when she is on her own. Allowing her to quite literally disappear into thin air.

Spoiler:

--
    I'm thinking Emilia was captured on one of her recon missions and has been held in captivity ever since (a day by the time they get there, so she'd be in a cell across from the one all of you were just thrown into).
    How does that sound?
    Fiddler
    Fiddler
    BroBot

Post by Fiddler Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:50 pm

Ooc: Sounds good! I'll bring you in later today since it doesn't look like murdoch will be responding right away.
    Fiddler
    Fiddler
    BroBot

Post by Fiddler Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:54 pm

Ic: The elites leave the room leaving only a single sentry at the door to the cell complex. "F***!" I punch the purple wall of the cell. Being captured wasn't so bad. But being thrown in the brig of a covenant ship which could soon be traveling to anywhere in the galaxy?! This just got a whole lot worse. Calming down I take a more thorough look around the room. Opposite from us I see another spartan in a cell. I could tell it was a girl because of her slightly more shapely armor although the white armor I didn't recognize. Was she part of grey team? My curiosity grew the longer I looked. I opened a standard channel on my helmet comm. "White spartan please switch to secure channel" sending her an encrypted channel frequency as I switched back to it myself.
    Fiddler
    Fiddler
    BroBot

Post by Fiddler Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:58 pm

Ooc: Nuuu! I won't let this die! If no one posts I'll just continue and rp all the characters
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:12 pm

ooc: Ahh! So sorry! I'll post here in a second, promise.
    Wraith
    Wraith
    Headlight

Post by Wraith Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:48 pm

Ooc: ive been waiting for dream before i continue.
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:38 am

Emilia had been doing everything she could to force her thoughts away from the somewhat embarrassing manner in which she had been captured. Over the hundreds of forward operations and reconnaissance missions she'd been sent on never once had she been found. Of course she probably could have fought her way out of the hands of her captors but that would have given away the fact that she was not the only one nearby. The sacrifice of her freedom and perhaps even her life was worth the security of the rest of her team. Sadly though, as she was to discover when a voice crackled over her damaged radio, she was not the only one to be captured by the Covenant.

Her helmet with the carved skull turned itself towards the left where she knew the rest of the containment cages were found. There she spotted the new arrivals including the one she assumed had tried to hail her. Although at a glance it was hard to tell which one that was.
    The captain's somewhat smaller figure shifted from where it had been leaned back and straightened up so she could get a better look at her fellow captives. They looked to be a mixture of Spartans and ODST. "Most interesting" she silently thought to herself while further preparing herself for a conversation with the person on the open channel.

Noon switched to the encrypted channel and cleared her throat before speaking. Her voice always did sound strange to her. Almost as if it changed every time she spoke out loud which, quite honestly, was not very often. Being a sniper meant hours of solitude with only brief periods of speaking to either the commanding officer or squad leader to give them a quick situation report.
    This was one of those moments.
    "Spartan 115, Captain Emilia Noon, classification: elite scout sniper, reporting." She spoke quickly and precisely with no wasted words.
    Fiddler
    Fiddler
    BroBot

Post by Fiddler Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:53 pm

I leaned against the wall trying not to let any observing captors know that we had obtained radio communications. Strange that the covenant hadn't put down a jamming frequency on these bands as they've known to do in conflicts. The voice on the comms started out a little horse as she cleared her throat and announced her ident and rank. A sniper? Captured? Circumstances must have been extreme for her to have been captured with that cloaking unit. Assuming she had the regular stealth loadout that is. That asset could be incredibly useful once they get out of these cells. I sent a silent prayer to which ever deity was interested in listening that it was still functional.

My mind was full of questions that needed answering but I kept myself to brief essentials until we got our bearings. "Good to see you spartan. Is your equipment operational? What do you know about our captors?" I awaited her reply and added "Do you know if there are any more UNSC aboard?"

The guard at the door seemed to busy himself a the terminal. I took him in head to toe to get as much information out of him. In usual Elite fashion he was about 8ft tall with scaly reptilian skin. His armor seemed to match the profile of a sangheili minor. I focused my visor on the symbol on his shoulder confirming his rank of minor but also placing him as a member of some heretic group. They seemed to bear the marks of an old group that we obtained intel on before the battle on earth. Something seemed different though as the libraries on covenant symbols couldn't place the origin of the mark.
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:34 pm

Noon watched silently as the figure she assumed she was speaking to took in the information they were given. A sniper of her level was an asset in any situation with the sole exception of close quarter combat which was exactly what they were going to come face to face with in the event of a fight. It's not that the Captain was particularly bad at hand to hand but rather that she preferred to put a bullet through her enemy's skull as opposed to knife. If she had to though she knew she would be just fine fighting up close.

The voice over the radio crackled in her ear yet again and she began to mull over the many questions asked of her. It was only natural for these questions to come up of course but there was only so much she could say after having only spent time in the cell she now stood.
    "The operation status of my equipment is unknown. I have not tested it out in case of the guard noticing it. As for other UNSC units, I cannot confirm that either. The bastards put a hood over my helmet on the way in." She paused.
    "Our captors? A particularly mean bunch of Covenant. Mostly Elites. I'd estimate an entire division at the very least."

Emilia leaned forward and rolled her neck before she turned her head to yet again observe those in the cell opposite her. They looked to be from one single unit. At least the Spartans did. The ODST units were somewhat out of place among the towering super soldiers. It was almost comical in a way.
    "If it helps, I know where they have stored our weapons." She added after a short pause.
    Wraith
    Wraith
    Headlight

Post by Wraith Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:20 pm

I listen to the two women before interjecting. "This is Master Sergeant Samual. Nice to know we got another teammate. Do you know the spartans that catured us Captain?" Resting my head against the wall i rest my arms on my knees carefully watching the elite guard patroling the cell block.
    Fiddler
    Fiddler
    BroBot

Post by Fiddler Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:05 pm

A beep breaks our concentration. Looking back at the guard a panel on the wall is blinking red and his attention is diverted. "Check systems now! 10 seconds until the guard turns around." I radio quickly while taking a closer look at the force field. It seems to be generated on either side of the opening bulb like structures along the wall. Breaking one might disrupt the others long enough for a quick escape...

the guard clicks the panel once and turns around, he walks up to Emilia's cell and makes a grunt while showing her a set of laser restraints.
    Wraith
    Wraith
    Headlight

Post by Wraith Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:52 am

switching to the secure comm channel between myself and Catherine i inquire as to her plan of escape and the rescue of the captain across the cell block from us. no doubt the elite has something especially cruel in mind as i notice it pulling out a set of wrist restraints and motioning Emilia to bring her arms together behind her. the barrier separating captive from captor is still up providing only a few more moments in which to act.
    Fiddler
    Fiddler
    BroBot

Post by Fiddler Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:19 am

OoC: long time since we were playing this rp Wink I'm up for continuing though!

Ic: I take one last look at the situation and decide to act. "Noon take him out on my mark. Sam punch the barrier emitter on the right side of the cell hard enough to break your knuckles as soon as the elite opens that door." Taking my place on the left side of the door I await the moment. The elite seemed content with Cpt Noon turning around and reached for a panel on the side of her cell. My arm tensed, only a second now. Only a second. My thoughts clinged to the idea of the moment. There was nothing else but punching the emitter the moment he touched the panel.

click.

His long fingers touched a key and Noon's field started lowering. My arm already in action I hit the emitter as hard as I could. Bzzt. The force-field flickered. not a moment after Sam hit his side and the force-field seemed to lose power. "Go! Go! Go!" Running through the opening as I said this closing the distance between myself and our hulking captor on the other side of the room.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 9:04 pm