Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

4 posters

Eh, why the hell not?

Zalgo the Imminent
    Zalgo the Imminent
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN

Eh, why the hell not? Empty Eh, why the hell not?

Post by Zalgo the Imminent Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:30 pm

Alright, kiddies, here's my plan. I know Murdoch attempted this a while back (Speaking of which, sorry for never showing up for that. Could never find a really good entrance or the time.), but I had an idea.

I would like to start a group roleplay, however I will not be playing. I will be GMing, which is to say, you do something, I tell consequences. Unlike Murdoch, however, I shall be using the Call of Cthulhu system rather than the Pathfinder system. Dice rolling thing will be in effect, and it is highly likely based on the setting your characters will die/go insane. If that happens, I will allow you to make a new character if you want one. If your character goes insane, they are now under my control.

The setting will be modern day New England, the theme will be mystery/survival-horror. The only accepted race is human. No one has any magical powers to start with.

If you want a character in this game, I ask that you roll up 4d6 (roll a six sided die four times, ignore the lowest roll, put the rolls down into 6 categories, Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma, then tell me what you rolled and where they go.) six times to roll up your stats. I will then figure out the rest, save for cosmetic things like personality/name/age/sex/race/height/weight/clothing/quirks/occupation/etc.

Last edited by Fourth Broken Wall on Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : revising rolling due to my original way not working.)
    Avalon
    Avalon

Eh, why the hell not? Empty Re: Eh, why the hell not?

Post by Avalon Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:09 pm

Oh this looks interesting, I'm up for it!
    Zalgo the Imminent
    Zalgo the Imminent
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN

Post by Zalgo the Imminent Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:29 pm

Well, GMing for one person isn't really GMing. It's storytelling with a small amount of help.

I would prefer a group of 4-5 people other than myself, but I will work with 2 at the least.
    Avalon
    Avalon

Post by Avalon Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:02 am

well no kidding. I can wait for some other takers, silly.
    Zalgo the Imminent
    Zalgo the Imminent
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN

Post by Zalgo the Imminent Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:09 am

no u.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:37 pm

I was aweful at Murdoch's... I could attempt it though. I would have make a completely different character because I'm too attached to my regular ones to see them die lol
    Zalgo the Imminent
    Zalgo the Imminent
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN

Post by Zalgo the Imminent Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:06 pm

Completely understandable. Anyone who would like to join, please do the whole [ rand ] 18 [ /rand ] thing or whatever it is, ignoring any rolls below 6, but do it 6 times. Then put these numbers into your stats, stats being Strength (Physical prowess, determines attack and damage rolls with melee weapons, Climbing/Swimming ability, and how much weight you can carry), Dexterity (Agility, determines attack rolls with ranged weapons, Reflexes, Dodge bonuses, and acrobatic abilities), Constitution (Endurance, determines max HP, disease/poison/radiation resistance, and concentration), Intelligence (Smarts, determines Skill Points, all Knowledge and Craft skills, and ability to learn magic), Wisdom (Insight, determines starting Sanity, ability to resist mind-affecting abilities, all Profession and Perception skills, and ability to see through lies), and Charisma (Presence, determines social interaction rolls, beauty, and Leadership abilities). This will help me figure your characters' abilities, saves, and attacks out so I may know what to have you add to any given roll I ask for.

If I remember correctly, typing [rand ]18[/rand] without the space should yield a result of the following.

Random number (1,18) : 6

Just do that 6 times for me, then tell me where you want the parts and we can get started as soon as at least 3 people have done so.

Also, please limit your rolls to one post. I don't want anyone to get banned for spamming. That'd be sad.

Last edited by Fourth Broken Wall on Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:48 pm

Can I request a write up of the setting? More than where and type. I just need something so I can make my character. I need something to get my brain going. I will post my rolls very soon.
    Alix Labe
    Alix Labe
    The Toy Maker
    The Toy Maker

Post by Alix Labe Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:27 pm

Though I have never played D&D this sounds pretty interesting and I wouldn't mind giving it a shot if you'll have me. Hmm it may take me a little bit to make my bio, sorry.
    Zalgo the Imminent
    Zalgo the Imminent
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN

Post by Zalgo the Imminent Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:45 pm

Well, the thing is all I currently have about it is that it's horror-fantasy-mystery set in modern day... Let's go with Boston, since that place's got a lot of supernatural/historic value.

The story is each person, most of whom might not know each other and all of whom come from different walks of life (one could be a history professor up at Boston University, another a manager for the Red Sox, a third a homeless beggar who calls the alleys near Faneuil Hall his/her home, maybe a mugger or a firefighter, anything at all, so long as they're human.), have each found something that seemed unsettling to them. A book, a dead body, a will from someone they didn't know addressing them as the heir to the dead person's estate, whatever it may be. They are then brought together by some twist of fate that leads them on a journey to figure out all they can to stop the rise of the Elder Gods and the Great Old Gods. Y'know, Cthulhu, Hastur, Cthugha, Nyarlathotep, Azathoth, etc.

It'll be taking place over weeks, months, years, who knows the game's time length. Just that you'll likely need new characters every few weeks due to death/insanity. All characters are human and none possess any magical abilities at the start, nor are any part of any of the various cults to the Elder Gods nor the Great Old Gods. This is a survival-horror/mystery, so prepare accordingly. Starting equipment/money depends on how you build your character(s).

And actually, for the rolling thing, send them to me in a PM so we don't clog up this thread with rolls.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:58 pm

You said that you would take them over when our characters went insane, but what if I made a character that was already a little crazed?
    Zalgo the Imminent
    Zalgo the Imminent
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN

Post by Zalgo the Imminent Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:32 am

A little crazed is fine. If your character falls to negative 10 SAN it comes to my power to declare its insane actions. However, starting SAN is based on what you put your Wisdom score as. Max is 99, although it changes based on your Mythos Skill.

Of course, to figure your Wisdom score, you must roll. [ rand ] 18 [ /rand ] 6 times, ignore any roll of 6 or lower, then tell me which of the six attributes you want your scores in. PM them preferably, but do what you will.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:07 pm

I hope you'll be taking care of most of this. Haha You went over my head :S I'll PM you my rolls in a few.
    Zalgo the Imminent
    Zalgo the Imminent
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN

Post by Zalgo the Imminent Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:30 pm

Don't worry, I'll keep track of it. It'll be fine.
    Avalon
    Avalon

Post by Avalon Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:35 pm

Ah sorry its taking me so long to post my bios, I'm out of town. Hopefully I'll get something up on Monday!
    Zalgo the Imminent
    Zalgo the Imminent
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN

Post by Zalgo the Imminent Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:04 pm

Avalon, I still need your rolls for your characters, along with each of their concepts so I can figure out some administrative stuff for them.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:36 pm

All the stuff you sent me was good kyle. I keep forgetting to reply.
    Zalgo the Imminent
    Zalgo the Imminent
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN

Post by Zalgo the Imminent Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:41 pm

It's fine Faith, just post a bio in the thread I'll make in about 11 minutes, but leave your feats and skills secret from the others. Just the cosmetic things and any equipment you may need.
    Zalgo the Imminent
    Zalgo the Imminent
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN

Post by Zalgo the Imminent Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:08 am

Friendly reminder that I would like your concepts and/or die-rolls within the next two weeks so I can have a deadline to start this shindig.

Please and thank you.
    Zalgo the Imminent
    Zalgo the Imminent
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN

Post by Zalgo the Imminent Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:44 am

Just so you demons know, I still plan on doing this. I just still need Avalon's rolls and such. If she gets them to me before, say... one week from today, we can start by Halloween. Otherwise, it probably won't be until at least November 11th due to other things.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 10:21 am