Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

3 posters

After the End -WE'RE FULL FOR NOW MESSAGE ME IF YOU REALLY WANT IN-

Allen
    Allen
    Admin's Pet
    Admin's Pet

After the End  -WE'RE FULL FOR NOW MESSAGE ME IF YOU REALLY WANT IN- - Page 2 Empty After the End -WE'RE FULL FOR NOW MESSAGE ME IF YOU REALLY WANT IN-

Post by Allen Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:20 am

First topic message reminder :

DEAR READER: For anyone, not cool with violence, drugs, sexuality or any other explicit activities, just a heads up, my RP contains them. This by no means endorses any of the above, however, as it is a dark Role-play, it will contain these atypical dark themes.

I am not liable for loss of innocence/sanity/Godliness if you read this and suddenly decide you're horrified.

You've been warned.

Fifteen years. I stroke the date on the sheet of paper. October 23rd, fifteen years to the day. I flipped through my older journals. Found my oldest one, dated 2013, complete with doodles of monsters, videogame characters, and album art recreations. I opened to October 23rd.
    “I’m not one to really pay attention to the news, but fuck me, there are more and more cases of people getting sick. The epidemic’s gotten worse and worse. Like some kind of… Movie. Like the shitty zombie ones Kelsy love so much.”
    I shut my eyes tight. I had doodled a picture of my window in the margin of the book, complete with a tree, and view of Toronto. I looked outside my current window.

Ruined buildings, smoke from fire pits, and patrols. Gunfire from the north wall, patrols beating people for not remaining inside during curfew, babies crying, a voice on loud speakers alternating between, “Any and all Infected are to reported immediately”, “curfew is now in full effect, any people found outside designated dwelling will be tried in front of martial council.”

I ran a hand over my scruffy chin and slurped down the beer I had so recently traded for. Tasted like piss. Another shallow reminder of Before the Outbreak. Before the people got sick, Before the people died, Before the spores grew, Before all of this happened.

I returned to my most recent journal with a grunt, scrawling down on the paper.
    “Today, the food riots spilled into the north QZ courtyard.”
    I sighed, slurping down more of the beer and looking out the window. I could just make out more shouting from the north. I returned to my journal.
    “North Toronto Militia killed all the protestors. Gave supporters have of the month’s rations. The rest of us given an eighth. Many aren’t being fed. They justified the cut of food being low because, ‘the bulk of civilians in the north are dead’”.

I stopped writing and looked back out my apartment window. Another bout of gunfire. This Zone is going to fall. Just like the Western Zone. Just like the Eastern Zone. Just like all of the world has.

I return to writing my journal,

“I have to leave.”

END OF IN CHARACTER BACKGROUND
    Beginning of Setting Description!

Anyone here heard of the Last Of Us? It’s a videogame, basically focusing on a Zombie outbreak. Except. It spreads via spores growing near orifices, i.e mouth, nose, eyes, anus, groin. That fun stuff. Basically, it controls all muscle in your body, and for a short while, you live while it eats you alive, and uses your body as a puppet to go and spread itself, along with find sustenance.

So, basically, yes.

Plant Zombies.

Setting info: (MANDATORY READ GUYS, I'LL LIST EXTRAS IN THE POST UNDER THIS)

Fifteen years after 2013. So, we’re looking at 2028 as a start date. If this continues, I’d love to expand our characters and our setting forward in years. But, we’ll see how we get on.

The World: By 2028, no one in Canada really knows what happened to everyone else. It’s assumed they fell back to helping themselves. Or died. Rumors of cures in France, the Middle East, China. Rumors of entire countries falling and being destroyed either by revolt or by infection. No one has an answer.

Canada:
    In Canada, the infection spread like in other countries; slowly at first. We had the luxury of hearing about the U.S having Austin Texas become bombed to stop the infection before martial law was declared here. We had an idea of what was happening. It still didn’t help.

Quarantine Zones are set-up in all cities, and the Gov’t of Canada starts trying to segregate low-risk and non-infected people from infected and high-risk people. When martial is declared, Canada follows the US’s lead and starts maintaining city-states in Quarantine Zones, and harsh measures are inflicted for cities outside of those zones. Napalming streets becomes the norm a year after Martial Law. Riots are thrown, people die. The infection spreads through chaos. Vaccines are introduced almost monthly. Some help for a bit, others make the infected worse, resulting in stronger variants.

Soon the Gov’t loses contact with the world as it all goes dark. Canada, like the US is a dead country. No one knows what happened to the rest of the World. But for fifteen years, no help arrives. No vaccines prove effective. Life is fading.

Toronto:

The RP takes place in New Toronto, a QZ in the ruins of Toronto, capital city of Ontario, during the Fall, a short while before the snow starts. Toronto had three QZ’s. As of 2028, on the North still stands. The East is run by a group of rioters/survivors turned raiders, who have a deal with the North Toronto Military forces to leave eachother alone for now. The West fell to infected a decade ago, and is a ghost town, mostly used as a rest stop for Militia.

The city outside of these zones was purged early on by the current leader of New Toronto, a dictator named General O’Conner. The General is an assumed name. He was a mayor elected half a decade ago. That helped people move back into the city, leading to people voting he get full control of New Toronto… But the infection spread again.

This QZ is on its last legs. Food is running out, and the QZ is running out of space for its people. More people are becoming infected because they leave the city walls looking for food due to being bitten or breathing in too many spores growing from infected hives. The militia is also killing people. Anyone who leaves the wall without proper gear is considered infected, and shot dead, then burned in a pit. The Raiders to the east are taking in survivors in droves. The Militia insists this will be their downfall due to infection, but it’s obvious they fear the Raiders numbers.

Basic Rules:
    Site rules, naturally.
    I'm liberal on cursing. If it's in character, fucking do it.
    Character rules. Basically, I have a plan for a plotline, I will guide us towards it, but I'm very open to ideas and changes based on who joins and who wants to do what.

Think of it this way. We're writing a character focused story. Together.

Combat is simple. No dice rolling here. If you want to win, you write it in. If you want drama, write it in. Keep in mind, bullets are finite, and not always the best solution.

Storywise, do what you want, but keep to the aesthetic I'm trying to create. The world is overgrown, and people are no longer in control. Remember that the only thing our characters have is eachother. We don't all have to work together, but try to at least join in knowing that we will try to mingle, okay?

Keep in mind, we're normal people in the RP. Normal people who are survivors. We're not world shattering Mary-Sues. Okay?

ALSO, if you're planning on leaving, please for the Love of God, WRITE IT IN STORY WITH US. Thank you.

OHKAY. THE REST OF THIS STUFF ISN’T A MANDATORY READ, BUT I DID GO THROUGH THE TROUBLE OF WRITING IT. SO READ IT, THANKS.

Last edited by Allen on Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Allen
    Allen
    Admin's Pet
    Admin's Pet

After the End  -WE'RE FULL FOR NOW MESSAGE ME IF YOU REALLY WANT IN- - Page 2 Empty Re: After the End -WE'RE FULL FOR NOW MESSAGE ME IF YOU REALLY WANT IN-

Post by Allen Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:01 pm

Again I moved my hand to my hip, watching people. A man like me? At best they'd try to steal my shoes. A woman like Ivy? Well. Everyone knows what happens to women nowadays. The men and women in the alley returned to their own lives regardless.

I kept my right hand by my hip, ready to draw.

"Y'know, I'm not from here either. From a place north of here called Barrie. Haven't been there in years," I whispered, my mind drifting back to the sun setting across the lake. Of rundown arcades, shitty bars, and warm breezes. I pushed it all out of my mind as I lead Ivy passed the last of the homeless. We turned around the wall to a fence, about eight feet in height, blocking off the rest of the alleyway. Lights from homes lighting the back alleyway. It looked clear.

"Up and over Ivy," I said, turning to look behind her, "You first, the alleyway here is usually clear. Smugglers on the North end run through it. Should be safe."

"Homestretch. C'mon," I said innocently, offering to give Ivy a boost.
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

After the End  -WE'RE FULL FOR NOW MESSAGE ME IF YOU REALLY WANT IN- - Page 2 Empty Re: After the End -WE'RE FULL FOR NOW MESSAGE ME IF YOU REALLY WANT IN-

Post by Jade Hawk Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:20 pm

I hadn't heard of Barrie. I wondered if it was a nice place. (Or at least used to be. Nowhere was decent these days. Aaron seemed to be reflecting upon this as we made our way through the alley, finally approaching a large fence.

I allowed him to assist me over the top, trying not to harm him in any way. I knew I was light, I had always been light. I had grown muscles since running from Calgary but it wasn't usually my strength that saved me from fights or tricky situations. I hoped Aaron didn't see that as a sign of weakness.

On the other side of the fence, I waited for him to join me. I wanted him to continue leading me. It was nice to have someone else protecting me for once, rather than having no choice but to protect myself.
    Allen
    Allen
    Admin's Pet
    Admin's Pet

Post by Allen Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:34 pm

"What's Calgary like? I've never been," I pulled myself over the fence. I stopped at the height of the fence. Sharp pain in my side. I gritted my teeth and hopped over, landing awkwardly. I lifted myself up, holding me side. A cold sweat chilled me. Fucking wound was never going to heal. I'm barely 30 and I feel like an old man, I lamented.

I felt her eyes on me, "Don't worry, let's keep going. Just a little bit up ahead." I pointed down the alleyway, to a medium sized apartment building's fire escape.

"Normally I don't go this way," I said regaining composure and again taking the lead, "Not when I'm making particular deliveries. This lane is more for people moving." I explained to her. I trusted Ivy. I didn't yet know why. Something inside me wanted to trust her. Must be hormonal, I thought with a smirk.
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:47 am

He winced once he got to my side of the fence. I would have asked him why, but he dismissed my question before I could even begin to ask it. Perhaps I'll find out one day. I followed him further.

"Calgary isn't much different. It's colder and the air is much drier." That was a definite fact I had noticed. Whilst the rest of me had been scarred and worn and grazed, my hair, nails, and skin were a lot softer and healthier here. I had expected to look much older because of my travels, and although the old hairbrush in my bag was broken and most of my nails had chipped, they were as healthy as if I had carried around moisturizer. That luxury barely existed anymore. I hadn't seen lotion for years. I wasn't about to give up that hairbrush though. Not for vein appearances, but my hair was long and the tangles and knots had the tendency to catch or be pulled by those trying to chase me, and I couldn't risk being slowed down by it. Sure, I could have cut it short, but what was the point when it would just grow out again.

"The mountains are beautiful. I miss those."
    Allen
    Allen
    Admin's Pet
    Admin's Pet

Post by Allen Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:46 pm

"Mountains.." I mumbled as we neared the brownstone. I'd always wanted to see them. Doubt I'd ever get a chance now. Still, would be nice to see something unchanged. The city had changed beyond what I remembered. Buildings were overgrown with vines, parks had become miniature forests. Gas stations had become little reinforced forts run by self-imposed dictators of say, 'Young Street North' or something equally juvenile.

We had reached my brownstone, a garbage bin was pulled over beside the fire escape ladder.

Clearing my head I turned to address Ivy again, "We're going to have to climb up the bin here and then go to the fourth floor. My place is #405, up on the left." I explained pulling myself up on the bin.

Gritting my teeth I jumped up and caught the iron of the fire escape's ladder. Struggling for a few seconds I pulled myself into a chin up and looked down to Ivy.

"Trust this old thing, it's secure," I assured her, patting the iron to affirm my statement, "Don't hang around out here though, guards are patrolling roofs now too." My mind drifted to Faith. Likely in our room, angrily watching out the window for me. She wouldn't be too happy about Ivy.
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:07 pm

I watched as Aaron hauled himself up. "Ummmm okay." I had come this far with him, I wasn't going to give up now. Besides, if he thought I could managed it, I should at least try. He did this daily, and perhaps others, too.

I rested my foot onto the bin and lifted myself up and off the ground, immediately grabbing the iron right my right hand. So far so good. At the hotel I could have used the front door, but I could never feel safe there and had to obey curfew and other rules. Here, I would hopefully be more secure and have slightly more freedom, even is that did mean hauling myself up the side of the building just to get in and out of it.
    Allen
    Allen
    Admin's Pet
    Admin's Pet

Post by Allen Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:10 am

When she caught the railing, I gave a little gesture of hurry up. She could manage the climb herself. I started up the stairs, trying to soften my footfalls to reduce noise. In the distance the sound of shouting raised. I turned to my right looking out of the dark horizon. Birds were flying away from the north wall, and the orange of fire was growing.

As I ran up the steps I thought to myself, why was I even bothering to help this girl? Everyone in the QZ was dead or soon would be. This wasn't the first QZ I'd witnessed fall. I was in the East QZ first, with my brother. I joined the rioters. Helped overthrow the remnants of the Canadian Military. They ran the place nicer than here. Probably why it was overthrown it days.

I knew how these things started. More importantly I knew how they ended. My gut churned at the memories of old friends being killed by military. Of rioters settling old scores with fellow rioters. Toronto wasn't safe anymore.

I looked down to Ivy, frowning. She'd be dead if she stayed. So would everyone else. The east QZ survivors only maintained the "east district" of Toronto because of how brutal they became. How brutal we all became.

I kept on jogging up the steps pushing memories out of my mind.

Homestretch.
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:42 am

I continued to follow Aaron up the steps, climbing higher and higher. It wasn't as difficult as i had expected. My backpack weighed me down slightly, but considering that it contained my life, I barely cared.

The wind caught in my hair, blowing it out of my face as I climbed higher. I stopped for a moment to pull up my hood and tuck my hair inside. We didn't need a red flag blowing while trying to be stealthy. I continued the climb, looking down. No one else was around that I could see. No human nor mutant. But that didn't mean they weren't on the hunt.
    Allen
    Allen
    Admin's Pet
    Admin's Pet

Post by Allen Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:54 pm

She followed me up the stairs, and I stopped at the fourth floor door. The fire escape door was as rusted as one would escape. I jammed my fingers in the crack of the door, wedging it open just enough to swing it open.

In the distance I heard it. Gunshots, screaming, followed by threatening shouts. Behind me the horizon line was red.

I pointed to it, "Ivy, I'll be honest with you, you came here at precisely the wrong time," I said turning away from the fire and looking inside the orange light of the candlelit hallway, "I'm not staying here. I'm leaving this city." I knew Faith had likewise considered leaving, "So if you want to stay, you can have the apartment." I said to her, my face almost betraying the pity.

With that, I slipped inside the hallway and walked towards the apartment. Gunfire started in the streets again, the screaming was quieting.

"Faith!" She locked the door, "Are you awake?" In truth, I was happy to get back to our shared room. It was... Safer than being out in the streets.

I looked back at Ivy, my eyes meeting hers and trying to hide a hopeful tone I said, "I've got a serious question for you later."
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:46 pm

Sleep did not come like I had wished. I couldn't tell whether or not it was the normal worries that made me lie in bed restlessly, trying to calm my mind down into even a light sleep. It was rare for me to get more than a few hours of rest at most and I knew that I wouldn't be able to calm my mind until I knew where Aaron was. I pushed the sheet back, pulling myself out of the bed. I wasn't going to go out there looking for him. Instead, I would busy myself and hope that he would arrive soon.

I pulled the sheets back and flattened them, straightening and smoothing the white cloth that had been able to acquire on one of my trips out. I looked around the room a moment before beginning to tidy up what I could of my side of the room. While it seemed as if there was dust and dirt everywhere, I could at least attempt to clean. So I did as much as I felt like doing and could do under the circumstances. The room looked a little bit more tidy on my side at least. There was no more trash on the floor and it almost didn't smell dusty and stale.  

I turned now looking across the room and the dim light. I was happy with the results. While it could have used something to make the room smell better, it looked better than it had in awhile.

Now, however, I returned to the first position I had been in. Leaning against the bed I looked toward the door and then out the window, it being the only thing that allowed light into the room. If he was coming, it would be probably up the fire escape and into the building.  He knew better than to try and get in through the front door and after a slight argument it had been decided  that his shoulders were much to wide to fit through the window I had snuck into earlier.

I fiddled with my backpack, unclasping the cover and pulling it back so I could see inside. I wasn't sure what I was doing. My eyes were half closed and I could feel myself start to relax. It was about the time that I would normally be falling asleep for that few hours before it was time to go out and find more food and water for those that could trade for it.

I was almost asleep when I heard the sound of knocking on the door. I felt myself tense up, my hand tighten around the handle of the gun it had come to rest on in the bag. I heard the soft call of my name and I couldn't help the smirk that flitted across my face. Locked out again. I turned myself around, letting my feet touch the cool ground. I knew who it was, but I knew better than to open the door without a weapon.  

"When am I not?" I speak through the door, reaching my hand out, and unlocking the door. The distinct click of the bolt could be heard in the silence. I took a step back, holding the weapon steadily in my hands. After the strange noises that had been outside earlier, I wasn't taking any chances.
    Allen
    Allen
    Admin's Pet
    Admin's Pet

Post by Allen Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:43 pm

"Mm, I do love being greeted by short women armed with pistols." I snarked to the barrel pointed at my chest. Faith seemed agitated, "Relax, fire's outside not here. More rioting at the north wall," I explained hoping to calm her. I leaned on the open door in mock ease with the colt in my face.

"Also, I," I needed to explain Ivy somehow. The girl was still behind me, I had moved quickly ahead of her to explain her presence to Faith, "Brought contraband." I quickly explained, pointing down the dim hallway. Not a total lie, given Ivy's illegal status.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:22 pm

He opened the door for himself halfway, stopping in the doorway. It was strange, it wasn't normal for him to stand in the doorway.

"There was some crazy guy out there earlier. Too bad you missed it" I lower my weapon slightly as he leans against the doorframe. He knows that I'm not going to shoot him.

I watch him quietly, glancing behind him. The door was half open, but the mention of contraban makes me raise my weapon again, pointing it towards the blank space inbetween him and the door. I look over to him. So this is what he was gone for.

"Don't you think you could have took it someplace else. With the riots, the men are being hardasses. They're checking papers.. if they're in a good mood." I look from him to the dooragain and back again. I speak through my teeth. "What kind is it?" I knew very well that it was a person, but the walls were thin and I was paranoid. I hoped it was a woman. For me, they were less of a threat. Or a small punk kid. I could do with either one.
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:46 pm

My heart sank at his words. I had only been with him for a few minutes, but he was more company than anyone else had been, and that's what I truly missed. Another to talk to. To stand beside comfortably.

Stupid girl, you don't even know him.

But he had helped me. This place looked safe enough and anything was better than the hotel (bar the streets), but there must be a reason for him to want to leave this place. Maybe it wasn't that safe, and why would I want to stay in a place of danger by myself? My true goal had been to leave the QZ, and if that's where he's going, I'm not going to stay in an apartment inside these walls.

I mentioned none of this to him. I couldn't help, however, looking sad. I nodded at his last comment, wondering what he could ask me that he couldn't have before.

I stayed out of site of the door while Aaron did the talking. Inside, I heard a woman's voice. For some reason, the female presence frightened me more. This was a man's world now and almost all of my excruciating memories had been conducted by men, but women... they were strong. And with another girl around, I was in competition. I couldn't as easily charm or manipulate a man to get what I wanted (food, shelter, company) with another female around, and I definitely couldn't charm the girls.

Please be nice, please be nice.

I want to like her. I want to get to know her. Perhaps she could be the reason for me to change my mind and warm up to girls. Perhaps should could be another friend (if Aaron was one, I'm not sure), or if she's older, a mentor. She didn't sound much younger than me.

"What kind is it?" I flinched, but then realized she had every right to say that. She doesn't know who or what I am. A contraband. I suppose I was these days. I still had my old resident papers with me just in case she needed persuading that although I wasn't anymore, I used to be a legal immigrant. I shouldn't have put off paying for my citizenship when I had the chance all those years ago.
    Allen
    Allen
    Admin's Pet
    Admin's Pet

Post by Allen Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:56 pm

"The kind that's hard to hide," I waved to Ivy, "She knows you're here, c'mon." Timid. Wonderful, I sighed to myself. I looked back at Faith offering a shrug as an explanation. At least I had an excuse for my dealings after curfew. Easier to do most deals during the day, at night is really risky. But most of these idiots are scarred of being seeing out at night.

"Faith, she'll be staying here quite a while," I explained in a whisper, walking into the small living room. Sparsely furnished, with my bed in the corner, cleaner than normal, "Have we got food?" I asked Faith walking past her. I stopped first, looking back out the door at Ivy.

I raised my voice to normal. "Hey, girl, I don't know if you're hungry or not, but ask the angry girl when you finally decide to come in. Also, ask don't take. She'll shoot you."
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:08 pm

I still had my gun drawn, pointed at the now blank doorway. I glanced at Aaron for a moment before back. If Aaron trusted them enough to bring them here, then they were trustworthy enough not to shoot yet. I cleared my throat, letting my arm finally fall. It was unusual for him to bring anyone back like this; it was so unexpected and not like him.

The person that had apparently pressed themselves against the wall did not move for quite some time. They were afraid I assumed, or Aaron had told them to stay out of sight for fear of my wrath. I was still quite peeved he had been on business without at least telling me. Now, though, the clear had been given. I moved slightly to the left, only catching half a head of vibrant red hair and a soft face. I shot him an incredulous look before turning pointing towards the door. She wassmall and weak looking, from what I could see of her form. I give him another look when he asks about food. Of course we had food. We always had food, but food to give?  That wasn't like him. Besides, why should I give my provisions to some scrawny girl who- I close my eyes. I had to remember what I was here for. This wasn't about greed. I was trying to help more than hurt, but I was trying to survive. Everything was conflict and contradiction now. If Aaron took his time to bring her here then she was worth something to him. Be it sex or something else. I didn't know and I didn't want to know, but if I caught them fucking when I was mere feet away, one of them would get the butt of my colt.

"She is scrawny " I smirk as I push the ideas from my mind. "I'm sure you've got food for her somewhere."I turned around, leaving her outside, the door open and waiting for her entrance.

"Close the door and lock it when you get tired of the hallway. There was a man trying to break in earlier, he might be out there still. I suggest you hurry." I walk across the room, back to my bed. I dropped my weapon in the bag before walking across the living space. I stopped at the only small table pressed against one of the walls, picking up one of the few cans.

"Will you be having any of this?" I question him in soft tones, turning back towards the table. I was getting sick of beans, but food was food. I pulled out my blade, slowly opening the can. I wasn't sure if the girl would even make her way into the room or not. She seemed so small, taller than I, but thinner. The poverty that riddled her could kill her.  I wonder how she survived by herself, but then I realize  that I don't want to know. I was one of the fighters. Girls like this, they were fearful for a reason.
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:52 pm

His tone changed like lightening. Girl? What happened? I went from Ivy to 'girl' as soon as he entered the room. Was he trying to impress the other woman staying here, or was there something else?

I heard the word 'scrawny' and looked down at my jacket. I had always been thin, that was just a part of me. I had built muscle over time trying to survive. I flexed. It wasn't much, I'll admit. But I could carry and fight if I needed to, and that's what's kept me alive thus far.

Girl.

I took a deep breath and entered the room, making sure to scowl slightly at Aaron. I didn't like those two-faced bastards when I first entered the QZ and I wasn't going to put up with it now.

The room was small, but tidy. There were scuff and burn marks in places but it was hard to come by a place that didn't have those marks now. It was more homely than most. The female stood before me. She was pretty, but looked strong and determined. I noticed two things that really caught my attention about her. The first was that her weapon was lowered. She must trust Aaron to do that for his guest, if that was what i was. The second aspect that I noticed were her eyes. They looked so like mine. Dazzlingly green.

I nodded to her, keeping my back firm, not wanting to appear weak.
    Allen
    Allen
    Admin's Pet
    Admin's Pet

Post by Allen Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:08 pm

"I ate before you got here," I explained, fiddling with my rucksack, careful to keep the bag hidden.

I turned to look at the two women, "Her names Ivy. She's timid. But, she walked her from Calgary, so she can't be totally useless." I pulled my P229 out of my back pocket and placed the handgun on the table, the thump of the metal loud in the silent room. I also pulled out my newest journal, beaten and scuffed. I flipped to the newest page and crossed out the delivery for today. Bust.

I looked to Faith, "Have you been packing?" I asked her, but before waiting for her to answer I turned to Ivy.

"Ivy," I said, my tone neutral as I turned away from the journal to look at her, "When you came east, did you see any QZ's that were still standing? Any communities of people of anything? What's it like out west? Do you have any maps or routes? Were you heading further east? Last time I left Toronto was close to a decade ago. This is important."
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:43 pm

The girl said nothing and I rolled my eyes. I looked around a moment, pulling the small bowl next to the can. He had eaten while I had been out. Alright, only two people. I shook some of the contents out into the bowl, slidding it across the table. I gesture to a spoon before grabbing my own.

"Eat up" I glanced back at her a moment before taking the can and walking back towards the bed. I sat down as he shot me a question, but before I have a chance to answer he questions her. I wonder whether or not he will give her the place when we end up leaving. I take a spoonful of beans in my mouth before pointing to the table.

"I've been straightening the place up. We don't leave much of anything in here as it is." Of course, I had the cans, but that didnt involve him; he didn't need to know. Now, I watched the two. I saw now what he might want from her. Information for our travels was vital. I took another spoonful, chewing slowly and watching her. She was definitely not aggressive.
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:27 am

As the girl rolled her eyes at me, I stared back at her, but accepted the food. "Thank you." She didn't like me. I thought. Hopefully she'd learn to if I was allowed to stick around that long. I put a few spoonfuls into my mouth before nodding at Aaron.

"There are other QZs still standing, but I couldn't get into any of them. They aren't graciously accepting newcomers." I didn't mention my British status in front of Faith just in case, but Aaron would understand. It was probably obvious the moment I opened my mouth where I was from, but for all she knew, I was a citizen.

"Most are now run down and swarmed by the virus. I haven't been any further west than Calgary, so Banff, Golden, or even other places in BC might be okay, I don't know. I heaven't heard. As far as east goes, I didn't have a destination. I've heard that the eastern islands are in bad shape. PEI was the first to go, over there, apparently. I did hear positive things about Quebec, but that was a while ago now so I'm not sure what state it's in these days."

I took another spoonful for food before bending down and unzipping my backback. "Here." I pulled out an old roadmap of Canada. It was stained and marked, ripped where it folded and a few pencil lines I had made as I walked from Calgary. "Those circled areas are places I've heard are good to check out. I crossed out the ones I've been to. Things might be different now, though. Most of the north is clear, but it much harder for anyone, alive or... not so alive to survive up there. I wouldn't even bother going over the southern border."

Hopefully I could prove myself to them. I wanted to be useful. By their expressions when I met both of them, they probably thought I was a liability. But I'd like to see them walk as far as I have as a fugitive, and survive. I'm not weak, whatever they say. Timid, maybe, but that's what helped me seem more likeable to most. Evenmore so when they found out how far I'd come and my knowledge of the west.
    Allen
    Allen
    Admin's Pet
    Admin's Pet

Post by Allen Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:10 pm

I looked up from the road map at Ivy's emerald eyes.

"Useful," I concluded, smiling at her. It made me nervous how willing she was to show us information. But I knew that she couldn't lead us into a trap. Women don't make it far in most raider groups. Not further than a meat locker or bed. I pushed memories out of my mind and turned to Faith.

"See, useful contraband," I stated, smiling smugly at the woman. I turned to my bed, my journal's stashed beside it. Couldn't take them with. Walking over I grabbed the one dated 2013 and put in my light brown rucksack. Thank God I'm easy to pack for.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:08 am

The familiar sound of metal scraping metal drew me out of the conversation. Of course it was already gone. Nothing ever lasted as long as you liked. I looked down at the can as the girl continued to talk partially to inspect what co tents I had left, but also because I didn't want to show her how unsure I was yet. She was giving information freely. What told her we weren't going to kill her once we got the information out of her? I felt my jaw tighten slightly before pishing the thought out of my head. Aaron told her that with the way he watched her and seemingly trusted her.

I bring the spoon up to my mouth, giving it one more go in my mouth before dropping it in the can and pulling myself off the bed. I walked across the room to the table, setting the empty can down."Okay a map and some out of date information. There is no promise those places are still up and running" I turned around, walking back to my bed. Kneeling in front of it, I push myself underneath to retrieve the cans I was holding onto for a rainy day. They would weigh down my pack quite a bit, but I was willing to handle the weight. I rolled each can out from under the bed, one by one until all that was left was the knife that I hid under here. The bat was next to my bed.While still positioned under the bed, I slipped the knife in between my belt and pants. I smiled, scooting myself back out of the tight area and retrieving the cans.

I looked back toward the two, taking in a deep breath. Where would we go from here?

"So I guess you're a little giddy to get going?" I sit back on the bed, rearranging my pack so it would handle better.
    Allen
    Allen
    Admin's Pet
    Admin's Pet

Post by Allen Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:16 pm

Smirking at the woman I pointed towards the window, to the echoing shouts and sounds of rioting.

"They're running out of a food here," I explained while shoving food into my pack, I looked to Ivy, "The only reason why we can eat is because our food isn't bought with ration coupons. I'd get out of here while you can, this whole place is going to Hell. It'll be like the East QZ within a few weeks."

I looked back to my bed, and started to walk towards it but stopped, "The east QZ fell to rioters quite a while ago. It's pretty much a fortress nowadays. They patrol for infected as often as the militia. There used to be a miniature war going on between the militia and the raiders." I couldn't help but grimace at the memories.

"If you do leave here, avoid those men. They're worse than the infected. Much worse."

Turning back to my bed, I walked over and flipped the mattress up from the floor. I pulled up the loose floorboard, revealing to the dim orange light of the room the shining bolt of my rifle, along with a clip. I pulled the rifle out and looked it over. The bolt action was scuffed and marked from years of use, but was serviceable.

Pulling the bolt back a lose cartridge flipped out, which I caught with my right hand.

"Well boss, feel like staying the night?" I asked Faith, checking the chamber and barrel of my rifle for any obstructions.
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:25 pm

I'm not sure what made me trust him so much, but I was more comfortable giving Aaron information than the girl he called Faith. She seemed cold.

"Well, if you don't want any information.... better slightly outdated than none, right?" Okay fine, she didn't like me nor what I had to offer. I could handle that. I was used to females disliking me for various reasons. I just didn't want to seem totally useless.

I sighed. Maybe I was useless. No wonder Aaron was talking about me staying safe once they left. Why was I stupid and naive enough to believe that they were my escape from this place. They didn't want to help me out of here. Maybe join their group. He just wanted some information from me in exchange from escape from the hotel. I suppose it was better than nothing, even though it wasn't what I had truly wanted.

I turned back to Aaron. "So you're leaving. Smart." I just wish I was allowed to follow.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:14 am

I look towards the window. The shouts and gunfire could still be heard although it had quieted down more than before. We were very aware that the QZ would fall soon. There were too many people, not enough food, and too many assholes trying to run the show here. We would have to leave soon, and the girl staying here would make us have to leave even sooner. I watched her for a moment before pulling myself to my feet. I was restless with this girl here. I didn't know why, but something about her...

I walked across the room, stopping at the window. I pressed my forehead against the cool glass, looking outside onto the dark streets. There was hardly any movement outside and I turned back after a moment. I looked to the girl a moment before looking back to Aaron."We'll need to be rested for the trek. Once we are out of here I'm not sure we'll be able to find really safe places as easily." I turned around to lean against the window, I could feel the cold starting to seep into my sweater.

I look to the girl as she talks. I could tell that she wasn't from here. She tried to hide it, but it was slowly becoming more apparent the more she spoke. I cleared my throat. Yes, smart. I could tell in her tone that she was interested. She was talking to Aaron because she could tell that I was not a fan. I watched her silently, trying to decipher everything. She didn't understand the negativity that was seeminglybbeong pushed her way. I was going to anything it took to keep us safe. I should probably expect a wall like this from her though, she seemed the type.

"Well if you want to live then you've got to do something." I try, very hard to give her a half smile. It was the only attempt I would make at niceties and it was gone in a flash. Then, I turned around and looked back towards the outside world. I sighed quietly, watching the darkness move, the forms slipping into and out of sight. There was little we could do now except sleep and prepare. I closed my eyes a moment, taking in the thought. Very soon we would be gone from this place, and instead of fighting people, we would also be fighting monsters.
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:07 pm

The girl turned and gave me the smallest of smiles. It was gone in a flash. Was this her way of being friendly, or patronizing? She turned around to face the window again after that, I wasn't sure. I didn't know her, but maybe I shouldn't judge her so harshly. They were only trying to survive just as I was. The days of trusting newcomers was long gone, and she had never seen me before. of course she was going to have her doubts. Any intelligent person would. Hopefully I could prove my honesty to them sometime.

I just didn't want to be left here alone. Especially with the collapse of this QZ. Of all the QZs. There was strength in numbers. Sure, you were bound to lose a couple of people in a group, but it was dangerous to go alone, just as much as it was dangerous to trust. I was a risk they would hopefully take.

I finished what I was eating and set my spoon down on the table. "Thank you for that. It was kind." Hopefully their hospitality not just in this room but in their group would be the same.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:24 am