Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

3 posters

After the End -WE'RE FULL FOR NOW MESSAGE ME IF YOU REALLY WANT IN-

Allen
    Allen
    Admin's Pet
    Admin's Pet

After the End  -WE'RE FULL FOR NOW MESSAGE ME IF YOU REALLY WANT IN- - Page 3 Empty After the End -WE'RE FULL FOR NOW MESSAGE ME IF YOU REALLY WANT IN-

Post by Allen Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:20 am

First topic message reminder :

DEAR READER: For anyone, not cool with violence, drugs, sexuality or any other explicit activities, just a heads up, my RP contains them. This by no means endorses any of the above, however, as it is a dark Role-play, it will contain these atypical dark themes.

I am not liable for loss of innocence/sanity/Godliness if you read this and suddenly decide you're horrified.

You've been warned.

Fifteen years. I stroke the date on the sheet of paper. October 23rd, fifteen years to the day. I flipped through my older journals. Found my oldest one, dated 2013, complete with doodles of monsters, videogame characters, and album art recreations. I opened to October 23rd.
    “I’m not one to really pay attention to the news, but fuck me, there are more and more cases of people getting sick. The epidemic’s gotten worse and worse. Like some kind of… Movie. Like the shitty zombie ones Kelsy love so much.”
    I shut my eyes tight. I had doodled a picture of my window in the margin of the book, complete with a tree, and view of Toronto. I looked outside my current window.

Ruined buildings, smoke from fire pits, and patrols. Gunfire from the north wall, patrols beating people for not remaining inside during curfew, babies crying, a voice on loud speakers alternating between, “Any and all Infected are to reported immediately”, “curfew is now in full effect, any people found outside designated dwelling will be tried in front of martial council.”

I ran a hand over my scruffy chin and slurped down the beer I had so recently traded for. Tasted like piss. Another shallow reminder of Before the Outbreak. Before the people got sick, Before the people died, Before the spores grew, Before all of this happened.

I returned to my most recent journal with a grunt, scrawling down on the paper.
    “Today, the food riots spilled into the north QZ courtyard.”
    I sighed, slurping down more of the beer and looking out the window. I could just make out more shouting from the north. I returned to my journal.
    “North Toronto Militia killed all the protestors. Gave supporters have of the month’s rations. The rest of us given an eighth. Many aren’t being fed. They justified the cut of food being low because, ‘the bulk of civilians in the north are dead’”.

I stopped writing and looked back out my apartment window. Another bout of gunfire. This Zone is going to fall. Just like the Western Zone. Just like the Eastern Zone. Just like all of the world has.

I return to writing my journal,

“I have to leave.”

END OF IN CHARACTER BACKGROUND
    Beginning of Setting Description!

Anyone here heard of the Last Of Us? It’s a videogame, basically focusing on a Zombie outbreak. Except. It spreads via spores growing near orifices, i.e mouth, nose, eyes, anus, groin. That fun stuff. Basically, it controls all muscle in your body, and for a short while, you live while it eats you alive, and uses your body as a puppet to go and spread itself, along with find sustenance.

So, basically, yes.

Plant Zombies.

Setting info: (MANDATORY READ GUYS, I'LL LIST EXTRAS IN THE POST UNDER THIS)

Fifteen years after 2013. So, we’re looking at 2028 as a start date. If this continues, I’d love to expand our characters and our setting forward in years. But, we’ll see how we get on.

The World: By 2028, no one in Canada really knows what happened to everyone else. It’s assumed they fell back to helping themselves. Or died. Rumors of cures in France, the Middle East, China. Rumors of entire countries falling and being destroyed either by revolt or by infection. No one has an answer.

Canada:
    In Canada, the infection spread like in other countries; slowly at first. We had the luxury of hearing about the U.S having Austin Texas become bombed to stop the infection before martial law was declared here. We had an idea of what was happening. It still didn’t help.

Quarantine Zones are set-up in all cities, and the Gov’t of Canada starts trying to segregate low-risk and non-infected people from infected and high-risk people. When martial is declared, Canada follows the US’s lead and starts maintaining city-states in Quarantine Zones, and harsh measures are inflicted for cities outside of those zones. Napalming streets becomes the norm a year after Martial Law. Riots are thrown, people die. The infection spreads through chaos. Vaccines are introduced almost monthly. Some help for a bit, others make the infected worse, resulting in stronger variants.

Soon the Gov’t loses contact with the world as it all goes dark. Canada, like the US is a dead country. No one knows what happened to the rest of the World. But for fifteen years, no help arrives. No vaccines prove effective. Life is fading.

Toronto:

The RP takes place in New Toronto, a QZ in the ruins of Toronto, capital city of Ontario, during the Fall, a short while before the snow starts. Toronto had three QZ’s. As of 2028, on the North still stands. The East is run by a group of rioters/survivors turned raiders, who have a deal with the North Toronto Military forces to leave eachother alone for now. The West fell to infected a decade ago, and is a ghost town, mostly used as a rest stop for Militia.

The city outside of these zones was purged early on by the current leader of New Toronto, a dictator named General O’Conner. The General is an assumed name. He was a mayor elected half a decade ago. That helped people move back into the city, leading to people voting he get full control of New Toronto… But the infection spread again.

This QZ is on its last legs. Food is running out, and the QZ is running out of space for its people. More people are becoming infected because they leave the city walls looking for food due to being bitten or breathing in too many spores growing from infected hives. The militia is also killing people. Anyone who leaves the wall without proper gear is considered infected, and shot dead, then burned in a pit. The Raiders to the east are taking in survivors in droves. The Militia insists this will be their downfall due to infection, but it’s obvious they fear the Raiders numbers.

Basic Rules:
    Site rules, naturally.
    I'm liberal on cursing. If it's in character, fucking do it.
    Character rules. Basically, I have a plan for a plotline, I will guide us towards it, but I'm very open to ideas and changes based on who joins and who wants to do what.

Think of it this way. We're writing a character focused story. Together.

Combat is simple. No dice rolling here. If you want to win, you write it in. If you want drama, write it in. Keep in mind, bullets are finite, and not always the best solution.

Storywise, do what you want, but keep to the aesthetic I'm trying to create. The world is overgrown, and people are no longer in control. Remember that the only thing our characters have is eachother. We don't all have to work together, but try to at least join in knowing that we will try to mingle, okay?

Keep in mind, we're normal people in the RP. Normal people who are survivors. We're not world shattering Mary-Sues. Okay?

ALSO, if you're planning on leaving, please for the Love of God, WRITE IT IN STORY WITH US. Thank you.

OHKAY. THE REST OF THIS STUFF ISN’T A MANDATORY READ, BUT I DID GO THROUGH THE TROUBLE OF WRITING IT. SO READ IT, THANKS.

Last edited by Allen on Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Allen
    Allen
    Admin's Pet
    Admin's Pet

After the End  -WE'RE FULL FOR NOW MESSAGE ME IF YOU REALLY WANT IN- - Page 3 Empty Re: After the End -WE'RE FULL FOR NOW MESSAGE ME IF YOU REALLY WANT IN-

Post by Allen Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:48 pm

"If we leave now, we dodge the morning patrols. Mind you, we can just use the tunnel tomorrow." I suggested, my mind running over our options. I knew we had to leave, but unlike when I first left the I had no real destination. There were no other QZ's that I knew of, on top of that they wouldn't let anyone in. I thought of the east Qz, briefly.

No, I thought, I can't go back there.

"Tunnel's the best bet, drops off outside the east wall of the QZ, it should be empty. Other smugglers rarely use it. We could be out of it my mid-morning. Don't rightly know where the fuck to go from there." I admitted, sliding a round into the rifle's bolt-action, and cocking the weapon.

A spark of an idea hit me.

"We could talk to the shanty village outside of town. They're more in touch with the raiders and other small havens inside the city proper."

I looked at Ivy, hearing of what happened to her.

"Can you show me where they are? They'll have maps. Up-to-date local maps. Think of it as payment for the place and a free meal."
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

After the End  -WE'RE FULL FOR NOW MESSAGE ME IF YOU REALLY WANT IN- - Page 3 Empty Re: After the End -WE'RE FULL FOR NOW MESSAGE ME IF YOU REALLY WANT IN-

Post by Jade Hawk Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:06 am

I listened to his suggestions, my heart sinking. Payment for the place. So his plan was for me to stay here? Or was that just for the night?

"Thank you very much for your kindness." I said. "But I shouldn't stay here either. I'll find somewhere else to be, but here isn't going to be safe for much longer. That's why you're leaving."

I stood up to stand beside him and point out the areas on the map. "I would appreciate an up-to-date map, although this one I will still keep. It has my notes." I wouldn't call it a free meal. I gave them a lot of the information I had. It wasn't much, and it may not be that useful. but it was information that I could have kept to myself. It was more of an easy meal, not a free one.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:43 pm

They talked quietly between themselves about a plan of action. The longer they spoke, the harder my teeth clenched at what they were saying. She wanted to come with us and he wanted her to come! I kept silent, my eyes looking into the void outside and not seeing much of anything. The tone in her voice just begged him in her own meek little way to come with us.

"We'll stay here overnight and head out after we've rested." I spoke very quietly now, unsure whether I was heard. I took in a very deep breath, letting it out slowly; the window began to fog up until I could not see past the frosty glass. I didn't like the idea of her coming with us. I was a very firm believer that two was company. With three people, your chances of having your throat slit increased. I trusted Aaron more than I trusted her. Blindly, I knew. I had never seen him in anykind of situations that could have been him or me. I knew he wasn't to be trusted that far. I wouldn't expect anything more out of him that what I would do, but still, there was something that I was missing. I knew there was. This girl though, she was quiet, but that didn't mean she couldn't kill. I shouldn't underestimate her by the way she looked and held herself. That had been the downfall of many men and women in this place. I turned around, shooting Aaron a harsh stare for a moment before looking away and bringing my hands up to my face.

"The maps they have will only get us so far. They might not friendly." I rubbed my eyes, a yawn escaping in a quiet rush of air into my lungs. I walked across the room, once again, I had made the rotation around the room to my bed where I sat down and watched the dark room for only a momentbefore scooting myself back so I was pressed against the wall. I pulled the knife from my boot and the bag from the foot of the bed. No matter a free place or not. The longer they spent talking about the fine details of her expenses and our expenses the longer we would be here sleeping.
    Allen
    Allen
    Admin's Pet
    Admin's Pet

Post by Allen Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:03 pm

I shrugged to Faith, as if their lack of friendliness was inconsequential. I knew they weren't to be trusted. But I had a bartering chip most people on the outside wouldn't turn down.

"We'll settle in, see if we can make it to the tunnel leading out in the morning." I explained, turning from Ivy and looking outside the window. Walking towards my bed I sat down, letting my body relax completely. Sleep never came easy for me.

"You're welcome to stay anywhere you want," I said, gesturing to the entire room with a sweep of my arm, revealing the whole breadth of Faith and my abode. A dingy single room apartment with mattresses. A palace, I thought to myself, "Will be up at dawn, when curfew breaks."

I looked to Faith, "You know, we're never coming back here. I doubt there's anywhere left in Toronto for us now," Although that statement was more directed at myself. Images of the other QZ's flashed through my mind.

A rope, a hammer.. All of it, rushing through. I pushed it out of my mind, looking at Ivy, my face grim.

"One thing while travelling together. If you screw us, you'll never be able to screw anyone again."
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:13 pm

I looked around the room at his gesture. 15 years ago this would be a dingy, unclean (although surprisingly tidy. They must still have quite a bit of pride), small space barely worthy for a convict to rest his head. But now... It was a more decent space than most others, unless you slept under the stars. It had indeed been well kept and tidied, despite the carpet stains and scuff marks on the walls. There was privacy, they had a mattress, and food. Yes, this was more than acceptable.

I settled myself in the corner of the room and lowered my background to the floor. Allen's threat could go both ways. He was still unaware of what i had done to survive. These days, one couldn't survive alone without getting a fair amount of blood on their hands. But I'd rather he stayed oblivious to that just now. If I stay, I'll probably have to tell him at some point.

"Travelling together?" I asked him, my heart beating faster with anticipation. The thought of travelling with them was exciting, but he did already offer me this place so I shouldn't get my hopes up. To them, I was shy and meek. A weakling who would be a liability. But I'd rather they thought that until they discovered otherwise for themselves. Offerings came to me more often when I was thought to be weak than a threat, and if others decided to kill me because of that, I had always been able to defend myself in the past. I hope I can continue to do so in the future.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:04 pm

I watched the girl quietly as she made her way to the corner farthest away. She looked around the room as if to take in the place; she was assessing it, and rolled my eyes. What did it matter what the place looked like? She was going to either sleep here or not. I glanced across the room where Aaron still sat. His threat was sound. I had never really seen him kill, but I was sure he was bloodthirsty. I could tell by the cold looks he would give me that he would do anything, and take no pity on anyone for anything they did. He had a past, but I never asked about it. It didn’t matter to me, and it wasn’t my place to ask anyway.

Crossing my legs and covering them with the thin sheet, I looked back to the girl. She was small. If anything, that meant she would have tricks up her sleeve to ensure her survival. People like that made me nervous. I looked across the room again before looking back. That meant I couldn’t trust anyone really. I cleared my throat, continuing to stare at her. She was actually a little taller than I was. I smiled quietly at the idea; I seemed to be shorter than most people were these days.

Only now do I realize that I had been spoken to before and I can’t help the stupid childish giggle that escapes my lips and brings me out of my thoughts. I look over to him. His words seemed a little distant, and although they were directed at me, I wasn’t sure why they were.

“I know. We’ll have to make sure to bring as much food as we can.” The answer was more of filler. I was sure that no response was needed from me, but the awkward silence after his threat filled the room. I hated the silence; it made my ears ring. So now, with a stupid laugh out of the way and an answer to match we were left in another silence. This one was different for me. I didn’t feel as uncomfortable now; that’s what mattered, not the other two people in the room. So, I leaned back so I was a little more comfortable. Although I was still a little peeved at the new person in our room that would be possibly joining us on our trek I knew that throwing a temper tantrum would get me nowhere. So, I was stuck, trying to find the bright side of the whole situation or at least feign comradery with the girl until she was gone.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:51 am