Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

+4
Brandon
Burn It
Danny
Murdoch
8 posters

First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully.... - Page 11 Empty First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

Post by Murdoch Sat May 21, 2011 3:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

Ok, I said I was going to post this, and I will. I expect people to join, as many people expressed an interest.

Alright. I will keep this simple. It is the year 5052AD, and mankind has long since extended its reach to the stars and outside its solar system. It has encountered many new sentient races, some hostile, some friendly and some who are just trying to get by. The governments of mankind have banded together under one banner, the "true" UNEM; United Nations of Earth and Mankind. It sits on the grand galactic council alongside representatives from every other race in the galaxy, and ostensibly have Human-kinds best interests at heart. However, politics corrupt everything, and every member in the council has their own agenda, even within the parties. The miniature councils that run the solar systems are just as corrupt, allowing bandits and slavers to operate in many of the outlying systems where the UEP- the Universal Enforcers Patrol- have a very weak presence. Whether this is due to lethargy or corruption on the councillors part depends on the system. There are many different groups outside the councils, be they mercenary groups, terrorist groups, bandits or just wealthy, independent businessmen.

Of course, what do we care about this? You are all simple creatures- humans and aliens alike- who live a simple life, living in a colony on the planet Liberty, located in the Terminus System in the far reaches of the galaxy. News from the rest of the galaxy doesn't reach you, and your biggest worries include the occasional bandit raid or whether next years harvest goes rotten. Humans and aliens alike live together, side by side, reacting to each other based solely on personal virtues rather than racial stereotypes. You are all stuck here, after all, and you grew up here; most of your families have lived here since the colony was founded, or close to it. Liberty is an earth-like planet, albeit with different wildlife and a slightly higher climate, and completely isolated, more or less.
    That is, until a ship from an unknown organisation- it could be military, it could be something else- drops out of hyperspace above the planet, and sends down six soldiers of mixed race in a dropship that lands just outside of the colony limits, near the outlying farms. They have heard rumours of a massive attack being planned by an unknown force, and they have been sent to find out why and to hopefully stop it. What in Gods name is about to happen to the peaceful planet of Liberty?

Ok, now most of you will be farmers or shopkeepers or working in personal security...generally an ordinary person leading an ordinary life. Myself and someone else will be playing the military personnel in charge of the other four who were sent down, and sorry guys, but that role has been reserved. This is simply to keep the story moving.
    You can be human or alien, and I will not give you a list of aliens. It will be up to you to invent them yourselves...just PM me with your ideas and I will review them to see if they are viable to include. Alright?
    If you wish to be one of the four soldiers, you may, but I do not want everyone choosing a soldier, and if you choose to be a "grunt" you will be wearing a red shirt. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RedShirt

We start just as the dropship is finding a place to land.

Roles:

Civilians:
    -Danny, farmer, Crystalline
    -Faith, Book Shop owner, Human

Soldiers:
    -Murdoch, Scout Leader, Human
    -Jordan [Eljordo], Human

Other:
    -Brandon (Dragon...symbiote...thing...)

Last edited by Murdoch on Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:16 pm; edited 7 times in total
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully.... - Page 11 Empty Re: First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

Post by Murdoch Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:16 pm

Murdoch simply nods; he has nothing to say, not really, and it is better not to talk when you have nothing to say, or you risk sounding a fool. Instead, he proceeds in silence towards the junkyard, which is towering above them now as they draw closer. It doesn't look very organised, as Faith said, so he can only hope that they can find what they need in time. If an attack does occur, this place will be one of the first places to be raided on account of the massive amounts of spare parts that can be looted. Even Bandits need to service their ships, no matter how badly.
    "Where's the entrance, ma'am?" He asks Faith politely. He can't see one at this point in time, only able to see towering walls of metal and wooden fences. It wouldn't surprise him if the entrance were through a metal pipe!
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully.... - Page 11 Empty Re: First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

Post by Faith Wynters Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:49 pm

They were all silent as we proceeded toward the entrance of the large metal yard. It seemed to be an entire world all on it’s own. I hadn’t realized how little I had even come to this side of town. I took in a short breath, looking up and down the large toppling steel mountains that seemed to jut out of the ground and into the sky.

I looked over as words passed one of their lips into the air. I gave a slight hum. I had to know. I was the one showing them around. I kept quiet a moment before continuing forward. About three feet infront of my, a stopped. I hoped it wasn’t completely obvious that I was surveying the large walls for an entrance. I smirked quietly, turning about ninety degrees.

“Not sure, but I bet we can find one” I turned a hard right, watching as I walked for a weakness in the walls. They weren’t high, and if you weren’t careful, you’d cut yourself on barbed wire. It was rather old-fashioned, but hell. it did it's job just fine. I took in a deep breath, shaking my head. I had made it to a place about thirty feet from the entrance that had a hold about three feet across missing of it's metal wires. We could get through here alright. If their large suits of armor allowed them to move agile enough to get over.

I reached forward, unclasping the two metal hooks at about breastplate height that held the large bit of fabric over my body. As I pulled the cloth from over my body a slight breeze hit my bare arms, making me shiver. I made sure the plasma box cutter that I had once again forgotten was placed securely in my boot.

I folded the fabric before turning and handing it off to the male that was closest, Murdoch, I was sure it was.

“I’ll jump over, climb up that but of metal over there, and you can throw it up to me. So it doesn’t get caught on either of those bits of barbed wire.”I turned, not even sure whether the men would follow me. They sure seemed they wanted to keep on good terms with the colony, which might make them rethink jumping the fence. Of course, if they didn’t..Well they wouldn’t be getting their scraps would they now?
    Brandon
    Brandon
    Brandy Maxy
    Brandy Maxy

Post by Brandon Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:26 pm

I sat up from my nap quickly. I felt a familier energy pass by my house. Kristie I think? I stood and threw on a white tanktop and some black pants. I realized I was quite bored since the outsiders left and I had nothing better to do, so I decided to try and join her. Before I went outside, I grabbed my stun baton and small arms blaster pistol that I carry at the cantina. Now that these people were here. I couldn't take any chances.

"Hey Kristie. Wait up! Where are you headed?" I called out, just as she had passed my house.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:22 am

Murdoch looks at the fence a little dubiously; not because he isn't able to get up there, or because his armour is too heavy- his armour is actually extremely light and manoeuvrable- but because jumping a fence to get into a secured facility isn't exactly an act of a peaceful visitor, but the entrance isn't really that accessible and hopefully the fact that they came to trade will stand them in good stead. Shaking his head, Murdoch follows the girl up the mountain of metal, digging his fingers and boots into the side of the mound, careful so as not to cause an avalanche of scrap. The going isn't that fast, but he is able to keep up with the girl, catching the cloth when she throws it down to him, nodding wordlessly. Sometimes, in order to lead, you need to follow; following the advice of someone who knows this area better than you is just smart.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:55 am

As we seemed to begin our travels up the side of a large metal mountain, I realized neither spoke. Whether out of concentration, or from some other unknown fear or order. I took in a deep breath as I reach the place the where I would jump off onto the wall beside the large mound. It was about three fourths of the way up the metal heap, but I didn’t mind the heights. I took in a short breath, looking down a moment.

“I’m about to jump over. My feet may kick metal down so watch out” I spoke simply. I was being nice. ‘Watch your head’, even if they had on helmets, was showing I was at least trying to not get them killed.

I took in a short breath before turning slightly. I had placed my feet on what looked like an old cooler box, and abit of simple metal poles they used to place under the streets. I gave one more look down before placing my eyes on the target. It wasn’t a long jump, but this was definitely more physical activity than my body had seen in a long time. The owner of the colony Gym had died of a heart attack (at least that’s what the paper said; No one dies of a heart attack anymore).
    I took a moment to try and bend my knees without falling forward. Falling from at least twelve feet would have probably been bad. I used my weight to launch myself forward, through the air. I caught the wall before I was ready for it, so a graceful landing wasn’t exactly on the menu. I hit the hard fence, my arms barely having time to grip the top before gravity tried to fight with my body.

Thankfully I was light enough where picking up my own weight wasn’t really a problem. My boots scraped at the side while I lifted myself up. It wasn’t the fastest over-the-fence crawl anyone had ever done, but it would work. I made it to the top, perching there a moment like I bird. I needed to calculate my next jump right. If I didn’t well…Twelve Feet would hurt like hell.

I watched one of the piles a moment. It was larger than the one I had just jumped from, but it contained what looked like old refrigerators. They all contained tetrafluoroethane, and shouldn’t have even been out here. Of course they were, and no one cared enough to have the owner properly dispose of them. They were his to do with what he wished.

I sighed, realized early on that I wouldn’t have to jump. I looked back a moment as I took small steps to get as close to the left bit of barbed wire as possible. I took in a short breath, flinching and giving a quiet screech as I almost fell forwards. I shook lightly as I took my left foot, reaching out, and placing it on the top of one of the fridges. I forced myself up to full height, before simply shifting weight, and rolling over to the top of the fridge. It moved slightly, but hopefully it wouldn’t fall before I got a chance to get my cloak.

"I'm over" I spoke simply, waiting for a response
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:24 pm

There was no doubt the voice shouting my name behind me was Brandon. Lucky for me, since now I don't have to go looking for him to help me out. But on the downside.. He just called out my name, and my parents have people scouring the markets and such looking for me. It doesn't take a genius to figure out I tipped off almost everyone about our guest's upcoming arrival, since I'd asked them to help me do it just before and they refused, also telling me not to. Oh well though, what's done is done. They aren't going to solve much by telling me what I did was 'stupid', in their eyes. If these people turn out to be threatening to us.. They'll thank me I wasn't the welcoming greeter everyone else seems to be. And if not? Well, I had fun doing it.

"Shhh!!!" I called back to Brandon after stopping and turning to see I was right about who it was. I glanced around us, not seeing anyone react to the name or any eyes staring at either one of us. I needed to make sure no one was sprinting off to tell my parents I was headed back to the house. I brought my finger to my lips, telling him to keep quiet, and with the same gestured him to follow me. Our homes were not far off from one another; mine was maybe five or six up the road. That doesn't sound like much of a distance, but we live in the more.. Spacious parts of town, instead of the houses in other places that are packed together like sardines. I'd need a couple things from home before going to look for that ship.. If Brandon and I can't get close enough to it, best we can do is draw as much attention to it as humanly possible.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:01 pm

Murdoch watches the girl clamber up, and more than once it looks like she's about to fall. Murdoch starts in alarm every time she begins to look unsteady, and curses himself; oh, he's perfectly good at climbing and jumping- special forces training covers that as a basic- but that doesn't mean everyone else is. He should never have agreed to this hair-brained plan of hers. He should have just continued around, looking for an entrance.
    However, she does manage to get up and over the mountain, and Murdoch is glad. If Faith falls and kills herself, he doubts that he will be very popular with the colony, and what's more, an innocent colonist would have died for absolutely no reason. He climbs up a little further, using the obvious handholds where possible, before throwing the cloth in his hand to her underarm in a small ball. It's a good thing there isn't any wind; the slightest breeze could catch it and unfurl it, and whatever scheme Faith is hatching would probably be completely screwed.
    Still, he has to find a way over that mountain. The route she took looks kind of dangerous, but it's the only way he can see, so he climbs up to the little platform she jumped from, jumping across and landing in a crouch, bending his knees to avoid damage. The platform wobbles a little, and Murdoch gets ready to grab something, but it stays strong, and he follows the route Faith took along the top of the mounds.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:33 pm

Ooc- Sorry! Life is getting in the way. Someone just had a baby. Gah
    Bic

My breathing was deep, to keep myself from getting too tired. It was easily seen that the mounds were spaced rather far apart. My legs weren’t long enough to step across, so I was forced to jump, and hope the metal and such would hold under my weight. I shook my head. I had finally made it to a mound that was only about eight feet high. This would be easier to jump from. I nodded quietly, grasping the cloak in my hands. I took in a deep breath before taking the leap down to the ground. I didn’t know what might’ve been hidden under the rocks and dirt beneath me. There could be nails, or really anything.

I grunted as the bit of cloth I was carrying seemed to mushroom out above me. Of course, it wasn’t being used as a parachute at any level. I still dropped like a rock in water. Of course, in only a few seconds, I hit the ground, bending at the knees to absorb the shock. I waited a moment before I rose, turning to look up at the others as they made their traverse through the graveyard of metal.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:34 am

ooc: Yes, curse those damn miracles of life...lol...

Ic:

Murdoch watches the girl leap over the increasingly short mounds of metal with rather impressive dexterity, despite the fact that she's obviously terrified and almost falls a couple of times. He follows her along the top of the graveyard, carefully testing everything he can before putting his full weight on it, always hopping across as lightly as he can. He doesn't want to cause and avalanche of metal, after all, and he would be the first one to be swept underneath the tides of sharp scrap.
    The girl jumps from one of the piles to the ground, landing rather well- well, without injury- and soon it's Murdochs turn, standing at the edge of that small drop. Without hesitation, he jumps off the end, plummeting towards the ground beneath him, hitting it a few moments later. He allows his legs to fold beneath him, then rolls all in one smooth motion to disperse the impact of the hit, eventually coming onto his feet as the roll ends. "So. We're in," he says simply, "once Jordan has decided to join us, where would you suggest going now?"
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:27 pm

I looked back, and could barely see the other. I shook my head, not wanting to insult his partner by saying anything rude about him. I simply gave a light hum through my lips, before a nod. The other, Jordan, wasn’t very talkative at all. If anything, it seemed he was looking over events, deducing each event thoroughly before he made judgment. He would rather think than speak, something good in a human. There weren’t many of us like him left.

“I suggest, we head over to the yard-keepers office.” I pulled my cover over my body, securing the fabric with the two clasps before reaching a hand out to point. It was a small office, which would leave more room for scrap I assumed. It was what looked like a white box, almost collapsing in on itself. Not only was it almost unseen in the mountains of different types of metal, but there was metal mountained on top of it. I gave a laugh at the humor in it all.

“I don’t think I’ll be stepping foot in an office like that anytime soon. Seems he likes to see how much metal he can fit on a roof before it caves in” I shook my head, placing hands on my hips. It wasn’t really funny, but you didn’t get much humor around here, and when you saw something so queer, it was hard not to laugh.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:39 pm

OOC- Still here, just waiting on Brandon Razz If I'm waiting another day or two, I'll post.. Something lol.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:16 pm

Yeah, I'm waiting on everyone else. I mean, Jordan, Brandon, Aki and Jade have yet to post...so...yeah
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:08 pm

Kinda wish they'd keep their comitment [sp- it's late]
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:10 am

Yeah...This is why RP's don't finish. Because nobody comes back! It's also why OoO's are so popular; people complain about it, but the reason is because Group ones never finish because people are unreliable. At least a warning saying "I won't be on for a while" would be nice!
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:34 pm

This is the only roleplay I'm in that's still active.

If this stops, I will be so depressed :3

My character hasn't pissed enough people off yet.
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:40 pm

Sorry guys, I've just been really busy, I'll try to get a proper post up tonight
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:02 pm

Ooc: and by tonight I mean right now lol xD sorry guys for the lack of posting, I'm in the process of moving and heading to college, I'll try to post more often.

Bic: It would seem Jordan has fallen a bit behind the others, he had to make haste to catch up to them. He didnt want to collapse the giant mounds of scrap metal on his way, so he made sure to have a light step. He finally rejoined the group.

"Glad to see you two again, I almost thought you two got swallowed up by the piles of metal" Jordan joked.

Jordan's instincts told him to be weary, that was the real reason he lagged behind, he just didn't want to cause alarm. He glares at the sky, a quick flash of light. A comet maybe? No. They were running out of time. He turns to Murdoch, trying not to alarm the civillian.

"Now that I'm here I do insist we get moving"
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:11 pm

Ooc: sorry, guys, still waiting on a couple of people...if they don't show up in the next couple of days, I'll post and we'll continue.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:12 pm

My front door was left open about an inch, something I had a bad habit of doing whenever I left the house. I always just swung it behind me, and hoped it’d close. Sometimes it would, but most times it would just hang until someone else closed it. It’s relevance at the moment? It means my parents aren’t home. I was the last one to leave the house, so it hasn’t been touched since this morning. I looked to Brandon, who was still following slowly behind and gave a thumbs up to signal.. Well, now that I think about it, he probably doesn’t know what, or why I’m signaling. Or ‘sneaking’ around. But, he will once he gets himself up here; he’ll need to be prepared as well.

I opened the door slowly, JUST incase my parents were home, and they’d left the door like that to trick me into going inside. Well, I was inside now, so if they were here I was already done for, so no point in being quiet anymore. To my right was our open living room, relaxingly cool as always from the breeze that flows in from the back window in the kitchen. On the back wall was a large, dark wood chest with a heavy brass lock on it. It’s made to look heavy, and hard to pick. In reality? You just pull down and it opens, there’s no lock.

Inside was our family’s hunting knives, all shapes and sizes. Along with a couple of homemade fireworks, which would be coming with us. Nothing incredibly special to be bringing.. But it’s better than going with nothing at all.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:02 am

Murdoch nods slightly to Jordan. They do need to get on, and the sooner they obtain the parts they need, they should be back on their way to the ship. Tarya, Edward and The Dwarves should be able to handle one curious, arrogant brat, but he would really rather they not have to; if they can catch her on the way back, then maybe they can redirect her, or at least make an attempt to scare her off. Either way, they need the scrap so they can fix their ship and continue with their mission; the sooner they can communicate with the ship, the sooner a real expedition can be mounted to prepare the colony for any attack that may come.

"Well," Murdoch says, moving towards the office, "If it hasn't caved in yet, I'd say we're safe. If you want to ask your questions, you need to follow us in," he says, not looking at her as he approaches the door of the office.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:56 am

A deep sigh escaped my lips as they left me behind to walk into the shack. Of course, I would follow them because I didn’t really have a choice. I began, taking large strides to catch up with them. I didn’t know exactly what I could ask that I would get an answer that wasn’t a lie. Most would either be classified in their eyes or too risky to tell me.
    “So! What brings you to the galaxy?” I was trying to get in a question before they made it into the shack, and began their conversation with the shop keeper. He may answer me, but he probably wouldn’t. By now, we had gotten to the shack, the door half open. I knew I had missed my chance. There was no way he would disclose that while there was another pair of ears around, even if he was just going to tell me a lie.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:18 pm

ooc - sorry everyone!!! I've been gone for a while! If you wouldn't mind and would be so kind... can someone fill me in?
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:25 pm

Well...the only things that you need to know are thus:

-Jordan and Murdoch and a bunch of NPC's crash landed on the colony.
    -They headed towards said colony and encountered Kristie, who is playing the role of mistrustful b****.
    -They were guided to said colony, towards the market, after a brief encounter with Brandon.
    -They split up with Kristie and were guided by Faith to the junkyard.
    -Meanwhile, Kristie began heading towards the crashed ship, and word was sent ahead by Murdoch to the NPC's that she's coming. She has met up with Brandon, and they are equipping themselves to protect themselves with primitive weapons should the encounter trouble in their exploration.

There you are ^_^
    Also, welcome back Smile
    You also have your fantasy RP to post on. But welcome back Smile
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:59 pm

ooc- Yup! That's it ^^
    Don't forget about all your other Roleplays Danny. I'm excited for your return! Very Happy
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:40 pm

ooc - haha thanks guys, I appreciate it! I'm just going to make a small opening post again. Since I'm not 100% on all the details, it'll be small little post. I'll pick up as quickly as I can.

bic - The market place. Most of where the colony goes for their everyday needs. As a one of the many major farmers in the colony, I constantly visited the market. The only difference between today and other days was that we had visitors. Crash landed on our little colony. An interesting day.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:01 pm